If You Can Dream It... We Can Make It...

D'Angelo Couture is a refreshing way to shop for your bridal dress, maids, headpieces, belts & veils all of which can be customized. If you have a cherished vision of your wedding day attire, Diane D'Angelo has over 30 years of couture expertise to make it happen. SHOP LOCAL

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Custom Designs, Fashion

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

4560 Alvarado Canyon Rd , San Diego, CA (619) 497-1949
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 JoHannah S

Everyone needs to visit Diane! After a few (very) disappointing experiences with boutiques in the area, my MOH found D'Angelo on Yelp and called to make an appointment. They scheduled us to come in that same afternoon, and immediately our experience was vastly different!... Read More Verda welcomed us in, showed us where the different sections are, then turned us loose to browse to our hearts' content! (unlike another major retail chain that wants you to look at pictures and won't let you try on more than 3...) Verda was great, not pushy, very friendly and helpful; with her help, I found a dress I loved. I needed a different color, so I placed an order...but there was a problem on the other end and the delivery got delayed. Diane finally told them to send her the dress, in pieces, and she'd help me with the color and put it together herself. She went above and beyond to help me! She found some gorgeous fabric in LA, then put my dress together with the new color and the dress was instantly transformed into MY dress. I loved my dress; it was gorgeous, flawless, and comfortable for the entire day! The level of quality and care shown instantly sets D’Angelo’s far above the rest. Diane treats each bride like an individual; she truly cares about making each experience unique. Every bride should go to D’Angelo’s first. If you have enough time before your wedding, you should look into having her design your bridesmaids’ dresses; her custom creations are gorgeous. Thank you for everything, Diane!

2015-10-26T21:02:19 Response from the vendor

I believe everything happens for a reason and the reason was we both wanted a color lining was going to be too dark , Thanks for having faith that all was good and I am so glad you enjoyed your beautiful dress and you are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Kenzi V

Diane did a great job helping me create the perfect Wedding dress. She helped me transform my mother's 30 year old wedding dress into a new, sleek, beautiful dress. I had an idea of what I wanted and Diane encouraged my thoughts and worked with me to achieve the image I had in... Read More mind. Every visit was so much fun with my bridal party, friends and mother. Diane kept the atmosphere positive, non-stressful and organized. I couldn't have asked for a better dress. The price was also amazing! I told her what I was willing to spend and she agreed to my range immediately. She also helped me find the perfect veil for one heck of a price! I cannot wait until the big day when I get to show off this masterpiece. Diane you are a genius! My family and I all want to thank you! xoxo Mackenzie

2015-10-26T20:56:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Mackenzie , You made the whole process fun! and your pictures rock, Hugs, Diane

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Danielle R

Back in February I came to Dangelo Couture in hopes of finding the perfect dress.. After already making one previous stop and already feeling overwhelmed, I didn't really know what to expect. I met with Verda who made me feel comfortable and helped in finding multiple dresses... Read More that fit the look i was going for (open low back with an A line flowy bottom) my problem is, I'm extremely petite and I swim in prototype dresses so even after pinning me in I was unable to see the full look. I stepped into one dress that I loved, walked out and my bridal party did not love it, needless to say i immediately felt discouraged and just wanted to leave. Verda could see the look of defeat in my eyes and immediately brought me back to my dressing room and gave me a Pep talk and suggested I meet with Diane for a custom dress. Of course when you hear custom all you see is $$. But Diane met with me saw my vision and made sure to stay within my budget. She even had a minimal amount of this gorgeous French lace (that was not within my budget) but it just so happened to be just enough for my size so she made it work for me! I felt comfortable through all of the different phases as she kept me informed and always booked my next appointment before I left. I just had my final fitting and I absolutely LOVE my dress I don't think I would have been able to find it in store and I can't thank Diane enough for making my dream come true, and being patient with me along the way as my weight kept fluctuating. Thank you thank you thank you! I honestly can't thank you enough!

2015-10-26T21:04:32 Response from the vendor

I thanks for your kind words and please pictures !! Love Diane

Reviewed on 4/15/2018 Jennifer C

Diane and her team are so amazing! The shop itself is so welcoming, and it's full of knowledgeable, passionate women. They had a great selection, I never felt rushed, and I ended up with a DREAM dress. I chose one that the shop owner, Diane, had made. It was so unique- and most... Read More importantly, comfortable!! I felt incredibly beautiful in it and it was so perfect for me. Diane really knows what she is doing, and she even remembered me months after the wedding when I needed help storing my dress. I highly recommend this shop!

Reviewed on 1/21/2018 Priscilla S

I just said yes to my dream wedding dress today at D'Angelo Couture and I couldn't be happier with my choice. Diane (the shop owner and designer) was incredibly patient, informative and spent several hours with me going over dress options, alteration ideas and making sure that... Read More I was 100% happy. I never felt rushed and on my first visit I had the store to myself so I could browse, and I had Diane's undivided attention which was the shopping experience I really longed for. Diane has been in the bridal business for over 30 years and designs many of the dresses and accessories in the shop. While I was more set on one dress, when I came back the following day, I decided on one of her designs and it has everything I wanted in a dress. I couldn't be happier. Plus, Diane was very generous to work with my limited budget and I always felt that she wanted to make it all work out for me and to give me a delightful experience which she did. Definitely check out her shop if you are looking for a wide selection of dresses (she's got TONS of them - all beautiful and different styles) and great customer service, visit D'Angelo Couture. You can find your dream wedding, have an incredible shopping experience AND not break the bank. What more could a bride ask for?

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Emily J

I knew I was going to find my dress at D'Angelo's immediately after speaking to the owner/designer, Diane, to book an appointment. When I called she was very friendly and even gave me directions to other bridal salons (with no competitiveness at all) which was a refreshing after... Read More calling many bridal salons and having a consultant answer with obviously fake enthusiasm. I must admit when I entered the store I was slightly underwhelmed, it was not quite as "posh" as some of the other stores I had visited, but the consultant Reva proved me wrong! After about a 2 minute interview Reva said she knew exactly what I needed and pulled me 6 gowns within about 3 minutes. I had already tried on about 20 gowns elsewhere and had yet to be "wowed" but the first dress I tried on D'angelos brought my mother, sister and I to tears, and so did the second, and the third, and the fourth. Reva IMMEDIATELY understood what I was looking for and was so accommodating. Any positive or negative traits I mentioned concerning a dress were noted, and taken into account with the next dress selection. I felt completely comfortable handing myself over to her. I FOUND MY DRESS! And, it it perfect, it checks off every box on the list and I am even having a few pieces customized to make it uniquely mine. Reva assured me that Diane would be able to work within my budget to get me my dream dress and she delivered. To end the day, Reva even let my mother and sister each try on a dress so we could get the iconic friends picture from "The one with all the Wedding Dresses". I would 10/10 recommend this Bridal salon to any bride-to-be!

Reviewed on 12/16/2017 Kierra M

I found my perfect dress for an amazing price!!! Diane and her team are absolutely amazing at what they do. This was the first bridal shop I walked into and I could not be more happy with my purchase. Her dresses are amazing and she’s able to customize a dress if needed. I was... Read More also able to get my bridesmaids dresses here. If you want great customer service and an amazing reasonable priced dress then come here!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Jessica E

The costumer experience was beyond horrible. Michelle didn’t ask me what style I was interested in nor take in account anything I said I was looking for. I felt like she was trying to just push a sell. At the end I changed out of my last dress and Michelle said goodbye as I was... Read More unzipping myself from the dress and I didn’t see her again

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Pa Chia V

If I could rate this place with 10 stars I would. I was referred over to Diane and her team for alterations on my wedding dress. To be honest, I was really nervous at first because my dress has a lot of layers, is very intricate, and has a lot of beading. I wanted to make sure... Read More my dress was in good hands. I was immediately put at ease once I met Diane. She taught me so much about my dress (who the designer was, what materials it was made out of, etc). I could tell she was an expert and she handled the dress with such care. Although Diane initially helped me at my first fitting, it was Laila who worked on my dress and she is just as wonderful. I could tell she cared for my dress as much as Diane did and as much as me. When I went into my second fitting, I fell in love with my dress even more. The alterations she initially made, made such a difference! But, she wasn’t done yet! She continued to pin and analyzed every inch of the dress to ensure that it would be perfect. She explained the process along the way, making sure I completely understood what was being done to my dress. She would stop frequently and ask if I had any questions and wanted to make sure I was completely happy with how it was looking so far. Once she was done pinning, I turned to face the mirror and was in total aww... I couldn’t believe my dress could look any better and it did. It was so clear how well she knew wedding dresses and how to work with them. When I went to my final appointment and put the finished product on, I was so so so happy. Every inch of the dress fit perfectly (not a single budge, wrinkle, or anything). It fit as if it were made just for my body. I can’t wait to wear it for my big day. If you’re looking for people who will take care of you and your wedding dress, then you’ve come to the right place. They are passionate about what they do and it shows in their work. I could not be more satisfied.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Daniela R

Gorgeous gowns! Great customer service! Highly recommended

2017-10-31T11:51:45 Response from the vendor

appreciative you too !

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kristen G

Diane is the best! I told her what my vision was and she picked the best dresses! All designed by her! She was able to keep pulling dresses (in my size!) so I could keep seeing and creating the perfect dress for me. She has such an eye for creating stunning dresses that are not... Read More only beautiful but soooo comfortable! She uses the best material that feels like you aren’t wearing a tight dress. Something I can eat drink and dance in all night! She was able to customize my dress and make it exactly what I was picturing! If you want the dress of your dreams and something that is tailored to you and made just for you then come see Diane!!

2017-10-31T11:52:41 Response from the vendor

I had so much fun and trilled you like my dresses for all of the best reasons;)

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Sheryl H

I found my perfect dress! Michelle really listened to me and brought me what I was looking for. The very first one I tried on ended up being it!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Marian B

This place has great selection of amazing different and surprisingly comfortable dresses. The designer is in house some days and I got to meet her . She changed one of her dresses into excactly what I wanted . I can’t wait to see it in person

2017-10-31T11:53:37 Response from the vendor

looking forward to the amazing dress !

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Emily B

I am so happy that I found this place!!! I have been to so many places throughout the city and couldn't even find one dress that I liked. However, my first day of trying on dresses at D'angelo Couture Bridal I found about 6 or 7 dresses I was in love with. The dresses are so... Read More unique and beautiful from any others I've seen in the city. Diane is so talented and passionate in creating her dresses, they are stunning and comfortable (which is so important if you're wearing it all day). If you are searching for a dress, go here first, I guarantee you won't regret it!

2017-10-20T11:34:23 Response from the vendor

I am so happy you found your dream dress

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Danielle E

What can I say? When someone is right they ae right. From start to finish, Diane has taken my thoughts and wants and put a magic touch on them. She has an uncanny ability to choose what we flatter you best and provides any additional details that you want. The dresses are... Read More stunning and unique. Beyond that, the personal attention that you receive, is hard to find anywhere else, believe me, I looked. I would rhighly ecommend her to anyone searching high and low for the perfect dress.

2017-10-20T11:36:22 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the shout out and congrats !

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Carlie S

I will start this by saying I am not one to write a review - I felt the need to write this review so that other brides could be warned, and know what they are walking into when they go into D'Angelo Couture - take my review seriously, I didn't take reviews on her seriously and... Read More I am full of regret. Save yourself the trouble and go ANYWHERE ELSE. This review could be very long, but the gist of it is: I ordered a custom dress from Diane. The top of one with a different back, and the skirt of another. She then made the wrong top, the skirt was not like the sample and had to be redesigned, made the correct top in a little over a week (when she had over a month to do it), it was done sloppy and was incomplete, the skirt was then sewn on to the bodice on the incorrect place, and instead of admitting that it was sewn to where my hips are instead of my waist (not flattering), asked me if I gained weight (there were two days between my appointments). There was also a blood stain on my dress after alterations. Overall, I spent $1400 on a poorly made dress, then had to bring it to Denver to get it fixed, at an additional cost of $775, not to mention the cost of my flights to San Diego for alterations that could "only be done by her" since it was a custom dress. Diane had agreed to pay for alterations that I had done in Denver, but then only ended up reimbursing me $275 because she did not agree with the new seamstress in Denver. DO NOT GIVE THIS WOMAN ANY MORE BUSINESS. She is arrogant, rude, disrespectful, is not the amazing seamstress and designer she claims to be, and does not take responsibility for her mistakes. Do not let this woman fool you! There are so many other bridal salons, choose any of those!! She made my dress, which should be one of the best parts of wedding planning, a nightmare, and way more expensive than I planned on.

2017-07-27T10:24:19 Response from the vendor

Carlie, I am so sorry that your experience was not up to your standards, when you choose to leave and have your waist band installed in your hometown I agreed to pay for that and zipper reset. Your top fit before and when it zipped... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Greta S

Diane made my dream dress! I fell in love with the top of a beautiful beaded dress but the circle skirt was not right for my body type (I'm 5 ft. tall and petite). Diane transformed the dress to fit me perfectly (modified A line). Essentially, I was able to get a custom dress... Read More for the price of an off the rack dress, saving me thousands of dollars. I was able to keep all the parts of the original dress that I loved (the trim and beading). The final dress was even more beautiful than I imagined. Thank you Diane for working so hard to make my dream dress!

2017-10-20T11:36:52 Response from the vendor

I did turn out perfect :)

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Ericca C

Rebecca was so much help and assured me that she would find the perfect dress and she did! I'm absolutely in love with it 😍

2017-10-20T11:37:19 Response from the vendor

Rebecca says HI and thanks

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Jessica H

Amazing Experience!!!!! Where to began DIANE is just such a great person Not only is she sweet and super kind and friendly but she's super talented her dresses are just one of a kind. I came to San Diego looking for the perfect wedding dress a within just a month before my... Read More wedding my fiance and I where on a budget just like any other bride sometimes and she was extremely helpful from finding the style to the type of dress that worked with my body and all within my budget wich was also very important for me. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE Wanna look like a million bucks bride? This is the place haha . Thanks again so much Diane

2017-10-20T11:38:14 Response from the vendor

Thanks and the secret to looking like a million bucks is love !

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Brenda V

We had a great time finding dresses to try on for my wedding. Rebecca was very helpful and charismatic. She made it an easy and comfortable experience to find the dress that I was happy to wear on the big day. I would definitely recommend making a stop here to find your wedding... Read More dress!

2017-10-20T11:38:45 Response from the vendor

Thanks you do try our best !

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Erin L

Overall this salon was a great experience. They never brought me dresses over my budget or pushed for me to spend more- but they really listened to what I wanted. I only give this 4 stars because a couple of the employees we worked with didn't seem to care about their customers... Read More or tried to go above and beyond. The owner is such an amazing woman and knows exactly what and how to handle situations. For instance, when I went to pick up my dress- it didn't seem like they had actually cleaned it, steamed it or fixed loose ends. She immediately sat me down and 30 minutes later everything was fixed. I would definitely recommend Dianne and Kristi and the unique dresses they have to offer!!!

2017-10-20T11:39:27 Response from the vendor

You looked amazing !

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Lanelle S

I can' thank Diane and her team enough! The week before my wedding I had some complications with my original wedding dress (to say the least). My sister and I came in Monday morning just to see if we could find a different dress.. and they made my dream dress happen. Keep in... Read More mind this was Monday and my wedding was on Friday!! I seriously can't thank them enough for all the time, attention and care they gave to us. I don't think any other place would have been able to accommodate such short notice with the purchase and alterations of a wedding gown. It turned out perfect and was one of the highlights of our big day. My husband looooved the dress! So blessed that we were able to meet all of you and make this work. The vail was also stunning and Diane made it minutes. I recommend any and every bride to come here. They have a huge variety of dresses, amazing customer service and you call tell they love what they do. Everything happens for a reason and I'm so thankful this worked out. You guys are the BEST!!!

2017-10-20T11:40:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the lovely review and congrats !

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Erin L

Diane was the absolute best! I first went wedding dress shopping earlier this year and after trying on my dress, I had a feeling it was the "one". Since D'Angelos was the first bridal boutique I visited, I decided to try on dresses at a couple other places in town. The more... Read More dressed I tried on elsewhere, the more I realized how perfect the dress at D'Angelos was. I got married over a month ago and I am SO happy with the dress I chose. It was unbelievably comfortable; I didn't want to take it off at the end of the night! I received so many compliments. Diane is so very talented. Customer service at D'Angelo's was the best. From dress shopping to the final fitting, everything was beyond perfect. Thank you to Diane and her wonderful staff!

2017-10-20T11:40:47 Response from the vendor

I appreciate the kind words , it what drives me

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Donna G

D'Angelo is truly amazing!! I'm a second time bride who wanted to look amazing because my guy proposed 38 years ago and I married someone else. This is your long lost love story of getting a second chance to get it right and Diane made me feel like the princess. I wanted my... Read More dress to be stunning but age appropriate. From the moment I walked into the salon I did not feel out of place, I felt special and knew immediately I was valued as a customer but also as a person. I could go on and on about the attributes of the staff, the selection and being able to find MY Perfect Dress. Thank you for making me feel wonderful!!

2017-10-31T11:50:28 Response from the vendor

thanks so much sharing your love story is inspiring

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Christy W

I was thrilled with the selection and the personalized care. Diane and her team helped me every step of the way from the dress to the earrings. They shared their tips and tricks from years of experience. Thank you!!

Diane D'Angelo

I love putting my 30 years in the bridal design work to help brides find exactly what they looking for