Daniel Doke Photography

Documentary

Online Proofing

North Reading, MA Serving New England & Beyond (978) 664-3811

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Jeanette S

I would NOT recommend this photographer if you want a package that includes a bridal album. Dan was good on the wedding day - cheerful, energetic, and full of ideas for posed pictures - and he took some good photos. We were disappointed, though, that he took about so many... Read More pictures of things like floral centerpieces (who cares?!) and no pictures of the guests at their tables. The family so rarely gets all together and it would have been nice to have some photos of them as a group. But I’m sure these could be non-issues if you were explicit about what you want ahead of time. I had just assumed table pictures were standard. Also, we opted to add a second photographer through Dan and he was awful - not only were all his pictures poor (most were off-color or something), but he ended up in the frame of the photos Dan was taking. The album-making process was truly dreadful. First of all, the first draft of the album they sent us was cuckoo. It was so cuckoo we had to schedule an appointment to meet with Dan to discuss all the edits we’d like to make. And just to be clear- we’re both super low-maintenance, not artsy or very picky about appearances, so this was not just some Bridezilla being insane - the first draft was bad. When we met with Dan, he said something like, “Oh I don’t know what Zach was thinking”. Wait, what? I had assumed Dan would assemble our album. But I guess he has his underlings do it. FYI. To his credit, Dan worked with us during this meeting to assemble something good. But it was annoying to have to drive an hour each way to do this, when he should have done the album in the first place (in my opinion). More importantly, it took over two years to get our album - and that was with me HOUNDING them for the last nine months or so. It’s a multistep process, and we’d submit our part and then...radio silence. For months, sometimes. Then I’d email to check on them...no response. A week later I would call...usually no answer. Or if someone answered, they’d say Pam was out and would have to get back to me. Then she wouldn’t, and I’d have to call again. Ugh! Who has time for this? This happened multiple times throughout this process. And when I explicitly asked Pam via email if the album cover was engraved or simply printed, she said engraved. It wasn’t - and when I pointed that out to her after receiving the album...you guessed it - radio silence. By this point, I was so tired of hounding them that I just gave up. What can you do? They already have all your money before they even start making the album. So, to make a long story short: Dan takes some good photos, but be explicit about what you’re expecting. And save yourself years of aggravation and do not hire them to make you an album!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Gina G

Ok so...I am not one that likes myself in pictures. I really don’t, like most women I am hyper critical of my body, my face, the way my eyes look...you get it. I also didn’t see a need for a professional photographer (honestly that’s from my dad…#wantedtosavemoney) Here are my... Read More thoughts on Dan Doke Photography - Dan as my photographer… HIRE DAN DOKE PHOTOGRAPHY! I can’t even BEGIN to describe to you how from the second I met Dan, to my engagement photo session and down to my actual day of marriage how taken care of and happy I was to work with him. When I met Dan, he immediately made me feel comfortable and confident in his presence. He is the best around and I knew I wanted him for my photographer, but we were on a strict budget. After chatting with him, and making sure to get the photographer booked a year early, Dan worked with us to get his price down a smidge so he could be a photographer! Ladies, the day of my wedding Dan came in with his calming presence, and was able to get very shot of what I wanted to capture. He had a massive undertaking with our families (we had 5 LARGE families we had to get through) and Dan was able to usher them in and out with such a great level of professionalism and poise that we got through everyone in 30minutes. We also were able to get a second photographer and it made all the difference. Cindy, who was working with Dan, was able to capture all the moments I missed with Pat and all the reactions of our families. During the ceremony they got so many different angles without ever intruding on the ceremony itself and were able to pivot and get me some BEAUTIFUL shots after the rain stopped! I got the photos back a couple of days ago and can’t stop looking at them. I’ve never felt more beautiful in my life. Dan and his team made me feel incredible and I was so blessed to get to work with him. Sincerely, Gina Crane (An ecstatic Dan Doke Bride!)

fall wedding

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Katie O

Dan has multiple photographers who are all good. We had Dan and Ramsey at our wedding. They were both so easy to work with and worked efficiently to get all the pictures we wanted in while understanding that we wanted to be a part of our wedding. He is also really helpful in... Read More guiding everyone where they need to be without being pushy. They take a ton of pictures to make sure they get plenty of great ones.

Phenomenal

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Tracy L

Our wedding was July 19, 2014 at Four Oaks Country Club in Dracut. We hired Paul Streeter from Daniel Doke Photography. Paul made planning our wedding photos carefree and easy. We met with him prior to the wedding and discussed our style. We mentioned wanting a lot of candid... Read More shots and not too many posed/cliché shots. Paul certainly delivered. Our pictures are AMAZING. Paul was scheduled for 7 hours total. He arrived at my house at 3:30 and got right to work taking photos of all of the essentials and “getting ready” pictures. His assistant was at our venue taking key photos there and taking some pictures with the guys. Every moment of our ceremony and reception was captured with perfection. Paul was even there for our last dance! We have received a preview of our wedding album and it looks great. We are given options to make any necessary edits. I really doubt we will need to though. In my opinion, your photographer is one of the key elements to your wedding. When the night is over - the pictures are all you have left to remember a night that flies by so quickly. Be sure to hire someone like Paul. He did a phenomenal job! Thanks Paul!

Great photography

Reviewed on 1/26/2014 Beth C

We used Paul from Daniel Doke Photography and I absolutely loved him since the moment we met! Paul was very personable and really listened to what I said, and knew exactly what we were looking for. Paul was great from our engagement shoot to our wedding day and took some... Read More beautiful photos. Highly recommended!

Paul Streeter= Amazing!

Reviewed on 12/17/2013 Erica H

Book. Paul. Streeter. He is amazing. He is so good with people, funny, honest and knows his business well. I will be using him again, that's for sure!

July Wedding

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Andrea S

We used Zac from Daniel Doke Photography! He was AMAZING! My photos from my wedding to look at came back in 3 weeks (which is SUPER fast)! I LOVE all of the photos, the lighting is great, he is very professional and knows just where to take the photos, and I was overall just... Read More SOO happy with everything! I can't say enough about Daniel Doke and his staff! GREAT PLACE ! If you want top notch photos, please get Daniel or Zac!

Just got our proofs!

Reviewed on 12/26/2012 Melissa V

Just got my proofs, the ones that are good are amazing!! the ones that are not good, have people with their eyes closed :) He will get a genuine smile out of people sometimes at his own expense. He did a great job. I will update after I pick my pictures, and get the book... Read More back.

March 2012

Reviewed on 4/10/2012 Jessica G

I was sent Jeff from Dan Doke as part of the package my venue offered. He was polite, professional and very well prepared. We had a unique wedding and he did a great job being out of the way but suggesting great options.

AMAZING photraghpy

Reviewed on 12/19/2011 Ashley C

Dan was an absolutely amazing photographer. This guy definitely knows what he's doing. My pictures were of the utmost importance for me, as it was the only living memory we would have of the day. He really made it worth it. From the second he showed up at the house, he just... Read More started clicking. I was nervous that it was going to be very posey, which is what I didn't want... but he did a lot of candids, and only some poses. He also was never in the way while we were getting ready, and just took pictures. He didn't keep saying "ok, what do you want to do now"... thats not what I wanted. I had enough to worry about! He even stayed an extra half an hour to make sure we got pictures with my husbands grandmother, who left the church early by accident when we were taking family photos. I will say that we got Dan through the Winter Wonderland package at Promises to Keep, so I am not positive how much he charges for his normal rate.... but this guys is so good, you can't put a price on it!

Lacasse Wedding

Reviewed on 9/10/2011 Colleen H

Paul and Zac from Daniel Doke photography were amazing to work with. They were prompt to get to me on all my emails and concerns. Paul shot our engagement photos and Zac did our wedding. Paul was extremely nice and his pictures were great. Zac was amazing at the wedding, he was... Read More fast and very professional. He even gave me a few pointers to help get thru the ceremony.I would definetly recommend them to couples looking for great service and amazing photos.

Paul Streeter

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 April A

We used Paul Streeter for our wedding from Daniel Doke and Parkstreet Photographers. He was awesome! He made sure we got everything we wanted for pictures, he asked for out input on alot of what he did and was so nice! He wasn't in your face at all, it was like he wasn't even... Read More there during the ceremony! We would recommend Paul for any of our friends and family!

Fabulous

Reviewed on 2/28/2011 Jessica C

Jeff from Daniel Doke took the photographs at my wedding. They were great!

LOVED WORKING WITH HIM!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Teresa D

I really enjoyed working with Dan and his team both throughout the planning process and on the day of the wedding. He is really fun and easy going. My whole bridal party loved him. I can't wait to see my pictures. I just know they're going to be FANTASTIC.

Couldn't have asked for anything better!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Michelle B

I got the least expensive photographer, Jim Shelis, who with the Wedding Album and rights to ALL my pictures, cost a total of $2,500. Jim gave myself and my husband a sneak peek of some shots that he took of us and my jaw almost hit the floor-they were amazing. I always cant... Read More stand the way I look in pictures but in his, I looked good - maybe even great..I'll admit it, afterall, it was my day =) Guests even commented on how he seemed to be there for all of those tiny little moments that would make great pictures-aside from the general stuff. I haven't yet seen the final pictures yet, however I can honestly say that Jim's package is a great value. He is a great and talented photographer, and those who want to go with Dan Doke but don't have the money to pay for him should definitely look into Jim. I am 100% happy with my choice and can't wait to see the final product.

Impressed

Reviewed on 11/02/2010 Karie D

We chose this studio b/c of their artistic flare and creative use of light. The team was very accommodating to us and gave a great deal for multiple days of shooting. We haven't received the picts. back yet but we were very impressed with the amount of pictures taken. We were... Read More hoping for a little more time with the creative shots, but the weather was not our friend and it limited what could be done. Overall we are very happy with this studio. We plan on going back to them for future family portraits.

Dan Doke - The Best

Reviewed on 10/03/2010 Viola G

Dan Doke is amazing. He is nice, talented and his work will do you in. Choosing Dan was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. After all, when it is all over, you only have the pictures left. I would highly recommend him. Dan is a bit pricey, but worth every... Read More penny.

fabulous so far!

Reviewed on 9/14/2010 Debbie B

I got married a month ago and haven't gotten my pictures yet (which I think is typical), but I am very happy so far and expect beautiful pictures. I used Cyndi and she came with an assistant, Karla. They were both very sweet, very professional, totally unobtrusive, and sure to... Read More get any shots that were important to me (groups of family, groups of friends, various dances, etc). If the photos come out like I'm expecting they will, I'll be ecstatic!

Amazing photographer!

Reviewed on 8/10/2010 Lindsey T

Our photographer was Paul! He was excellent! He was friendly, professional and a great photographer!

Terrible never ending experiencce

Reviewed on 5/17/2010 Gena P

I chose Dan Doke photography because of all the wonderful reviews I had read about his studio and his staff. Reviews can be quite deceiving. At first we thought that we lucked out. Dan was our photographer, and up until the wedding, everything had gone splendid. We had... Read More talked about what our expectations were picture wise so we thought we were all set. Boy were we wrong. We ended up with 4000 pictures most of which were out of focus, blurry, too dark, too bright, or low quality. Several years later and we still don't have our album because of careless mistakes. Lots of mis-communication has continued to sum up the issues that we continue to have. Many of our friends have also used him and have complained that he is snap happy, does not focus on great group shots, cannot organize groups to look professional, and is too rushed. The only thing that I can say that is positive is that we ended up with a few good artsy pictures. He is great with editing. This is Dan's strength, not wedding photography!!! Consumer's be ware.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kimberly G

Zac from Daniek Doke was very easy to work with. I explained to him what I was looking for with pictures, ans he was able to provide us with exactly what we wanted. He made our whole family & wedding party feel very comfotrable!;Daniel Doke was a little expensive, but very... Read More worth the pictures that will last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Leslie W

He was awesome.. He might be a little more expensive than the other guy, but I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kathryn W

The pictue quality was great. Very understanding with album changes. Their albums are very high quality, we get many compliments.;Our photographer was very short, so many of the pictures weren't at flattering angles. Also, the first few pictures of people walking down the aisles... Read More and the one picture of our first kiss were blurry, so I think he may not have been as prepared as he should have been.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Patti L

Easy going. Not in your face. Hardly new he was there at the reception.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Tracy R

They are an amazing group to work with. Every member of his staff is great to work with. No matter how silly a question I had they had an answer for everything. Every time someone looks at my book as soon as they open the first page they always have the same reaction, 'oh my... Read More god, I have never seen a book like this.' I recommend them to everyone that sees my book.