Book Your Wedding with Danversport

A BALLROOM IN DANVERS, MA

Danversport Yacht Club: First Look Tucked away on a 19-acre peninsula stretching out into the Porter River, the Danversport Yacht Club in Danvers, Massachusetts, offers a perfectly sophisticated New England wedding venue. Promise yourself to your beloved beneath a romantic gazebo or a vine-draped arbor, each offering a distinct waterfront backdrop for your first kiss as spouses. Flourishing flowers and romantic stone fountains add a distinctive charm to this already lovely venue, as well as an ideal place for wedding photographers. To celebrate your union in style, dance the night away with up to 600 guests in the Harborview Ballroom, an expansive gathering space with sky high ceilings, grand chandeliers and a private deck overlooking the water. Enjoy your reception dinner with up to 90 people in the Lighthouse Point, a lovely room with modern pendent lighting, a contemporary monochrome color palette, three-wall oceanfront views and access to a tented patio. You can also dine al fresco with up to 225 of your nearest and dearest on the Garden Terrace, a traditional banquet room that offers easy access to the outdoor pergola, vibrant gardens and a waterfront patio. Providing numerous romantic settings for celebrating the most important day of your life, the Danversport Yacht Club makes everything easier for soon-to-be-wed couples by offering comprehensive wedding packages that handle every aspect of the big day.

Danversport Yacht Club: What You Should Know The event space at Danversport Yacht Club has a classic nautical feel complete with views of the harbor, serene gardens and waterside patios and decks. With a vaulted ceiling made from wood planks, gold chandeliers, private deck and decorated gazebo, the Harborview Ballroom has space for parties ranging from 200 to 650 guests. Designed to accommodate 100 to 225 people, the Garden Terrace is an elegant space with a large dance floor, drop ceiling that makes decorating a breeze, and direct access to the outdoor pergola and patio where guests enjoy the festivities surrounded by views of the harbor and marina. Lighthouse Point, with room for 50 to 90 guests, is the most intimate space. The large picture windows and contemporary light fixtures give the room the feel of a cruise ship. Danversport Yacht Club offers plenty of places for photography, as each ceremony spot also has access to indoor and outdoor space for a reception. Couples have the option of exchanging vows by the lighthouse or in an outdoor gazebo. The spectacular views of the harbor and marina make beautiful backgrounds for photos, and couples will enjoy taking wedding photos in front of the courtyard's rock waterfall or under the vine-covered pergola overlooking the water. In the courtyard, the tented patio keeps guests comfortable under the midday sun while they enjoy the reception. Danversport Yacht Club wedding packages include everything but the entertainment and the photographer. The reception package includes the use of a room for five hours, setup, servicing, cleanup, a champagne toast, full-course dinner and custom tiered wedding cake along with engraved place cards and napkins, formal head table, linens, centerpieces and chairs. Each package requires a minimum of 25 guests and the use of the facility's catering and bartending services. With the dinner package, the couple selects from among dishes such as: Lobster bisque New England clam chowder Caprese salad Chicken picatta Prime rib Filet mignon The stations package contains carving, entree, pasta, salad and dessert stations. Couples may also select extras such as hors d'oeuvres, cocktail service, a chocolate fountain or the Gala Sweet Table with speciality desserts served cruise-ship style. An onsite manager ensures that everything runs smoothly from setup to cleanup. To protect the venue and maintain the environment, the facility allows music only in the indoor rooms and must approve all decorations. Couples may use eco-friendly confetti as part of the festivities, but birdseed and rice are prohibited. Events must end by 12:30 a.m.

Danversport Yacht Club: Extra Perks The staff at Danversport Yacht Club takes the stress out of wedding planning. Other perks include: Outdoor lighting for evening events Security staff Event coordination

A Wedding on the Water..

Nestled on a nineteen acre penninsula, Danversport is simply breathtaking. Whether you desire a Gala Wedding for 650 or an intimate waterside ceremony for 50 guests, each venue comes complete with a private deck or patio directly overlooking the water!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Park, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

161 Elliott, Danvers, MA (978) 774-8622

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Casey A

The team at Danversport is what sold us on choosing it as our venue for our June wedding! From the moment that they gave us a tour of the place and told us about their different options, we knew it was the perfect spot. A few top things we loved the most about the Danversport:... Read More 1. The TEAM! Ron, Mike, Nancy, Derek, Katelyn, Lauren - were all amazing with helping me plan the wedding. They were always a quick phone call or an email away and they would get back to me super quickly. And Ron and Mike were amazing on my wedding day. Honestly, the day could not have gone any smoother. I got so many comments from guests during the wedding and now weeks later, that they were so nice, accommodating, and a few people said that they just felt like the team cared so much about the event and weren't just "working another event". 2. The TEAM! Lynne was also with me on my wedding day - when we got up to the bridal suite before the ceremony, she came right up and asked what we needed or wanted. We asked if we could actually have the flower girl's kids meal before the ceremony since she was getting hungry - 5 minute later, she was back with her chicken fingers and fries. She made sure that I had everything I needed - and when my maid of honor ran into the bathroom to look for safety pins when my bustle came undone, Lynne noticed her panic and followed her in and asked what she needed and came back with safety pins for us. We literally are over the moon happy about how amazing our wedding was at Danversport. The food was amazing, team was awesome, prices were unbeatable, location was fantastic, and we will forever and always recommend them to everyone we know! Thanks Danversport!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Alexa T

Thank you Danversport for making my dream come true. From the ceremony to the end of the reception was amazing. ill never forget that day and all the staff that helped make that day memorable. I highly recommend this venue. We used the Lighthouse room and had just under 80 guest... Read More and it was a perfect fit. Thanks again from Mr. and Mrs. Salton!

2016-06-29T14:19:12 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to have made your wedding day so special!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Jennifer B

If I could give ten stars, I would! From the start, the function managers helped us so much! We picked this venue after only two months in the surrounding area. The fact that they did almost everything for us is what sold us. The way they acted after we booked them is what made... Read More it the best. I could call at any point during my twelve months of planning and any one of the function managers could answer me questions. The whole staff is so helpful and knowledgable. They truly made my day about what I wanted. They worked with me on every aspect and made sure it was everything I dreamed of. Then, on our special day, when I didn't think they could do anymore... They did. They made sure that I had nothing to worry about. From set up, telling guests where to go, and ensuring we ate and stayed on schedule, they were outstanding. We also decided to do the open bar and let me tell you... They did not disappoint. The bartender was so easy going and everyone loved her! Thank you all at Danversport!! You made my day flow so smoothly and seemingly perfect!

2016-06-29T14:21:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you for that amazing review! We're glad to have shared your special day with you!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 tobybeth b

My husband and I were married on Saturday the 14th of October and we couldn't be more impressed and pleased with Danversport Yacht Club! In fact, all of our friends are still raving about the entire evening. From the beautiful ceremony setting at the gazebo; to the intimate... Read More setting of the Captain's Quarters; to the amazing food, it was perfect. The ENTIRE staff left no detail out. Right from the very first meeting with the wedding coordinator ladies, (we did it in less than 6 weeks) to the flawless execution of our perfect day. This function staff knew exactly what to do and when to do it, helping us remember and cover every detail (even the ones we forgot). Professionalism and service at it's finest. Our vision of an intimate, romantic wedding came to life at the Danversport Yacht Club. My husband and I highly recommend this venue. Nancy, Carol and Heather together with a very attentive waitstaff of Kim, Linda and Olivia made sure our special day was perfect. Totally exceeded our expectations!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017

Highly not recommended for lack of service. The manager running the event was extremely disrespectful to my one of my guests. My guest was extremely upset for the way she was treated by the event coordinator. About two and a half hours into the reception my guest went to the bar... Read More to get a drink for our grandmother. She realized she had forgot her drivers license and was denied the beverage. She went back to her seat to start her diner when the event coordinator approached her and with out any spoken words or acknowledgement ripped her almost empty drink that shed been sipping on for two hours off the table. When my 28 year old guest asked her what she was doing she replied, you don't have a drivers license. This was a terribly rude way of treating a guest who had had this drink served to her earlier and was trying to enjoy a meal. My guest went home to get her license and was treated terribly poorly by the manager when she returned.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Angela G

We had our wedding at Danversport in early September and couldn't have been happier. We had our ceremony outside and the reception in the Garden Terrace room. The marina was the perfect backdrop for our wedding and the pergola was well groomed with fresh flowers and greenery.... Read More The staff at Danversport is the main selling point though. Everybody we worked with was incredibly friendly and more than accommodating. Nancy was the coordinator for our wedding day and she worked behind the scenes the entire time to make sure everyone was in the right places and following the program we laid out for the evening. The food was terrific and the vendors even got a full meal! Danversport helped take the surprises out of our wedding day with their pricing structure. Everything they shared with us included gratuities and taxes - they made it so easy! There's been recent renovations to the venue and they were stunning. The Garden Terrace room has a new floor and bar. It was gorgeous! We're so glad we chose Danversport Yacht Club for our wedding. Our guests and vendors had nothing but good things to say as well!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Cristina V

Choosing a venue for 400 guests was a challenge and Danversport had everything we were looking for! We worked closely with Ron, Nancy, Lauren and Mike and they are a phenomenal team! We were in the Harborview Ballroom and the room is already gorgeous itself, we barely needed to... Read More decorate. My last minute needs were attended to within minutes/seconds. Our guests loved the place because there was enough space for dancing, free parking, cash/credit bar, and the view outside! Wish we could do it again. Thank you team!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Michelle N

We picked Danversport because we wanted our entire wedding on the water including the ceremony. Ron and all of the staff were very helpful throughout the year while planning. When it came to the big day everything was perfect from the ceremony, cocktail hour, to the reception.... Read More The set up was more than I could have ever dreamed of. The food was amazing. The sweets gala table was perfect as well. My guests keep asking me where they can get more desserts from the wedding. The staff made sure the night went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend Danversport for your wedding.

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Mathew E

It wasn’t long after I met Elyse that I knew I would spend the rest of my life with her and when she said “Yes”, she made me the happiest man alive! Since that magical moment, my now fiancé and I have set out to plan the wedding of our dreams. From the very beginning, we knew a... Read More “cookie cutter” wedding reception was out of the question as we wanted to put our own personal touch in every little detail. After our initial search we thought we had found just that in a “do-it-yourself” wedding venue. The idea was to rent out the space and plan everything else ourselves. Sounds stress free, right?!?... Wrong! We soon found out planning an entire wedding on our own on top of our day jobs was overwhelming to say the least. With every new vendor came a new personality to work with and a new budget to manage, which brings up another interesting point; contrary to popular belief, the “do-it-yourself” option is very expensive! The last thing my fiancé and I wanted was for this experience to be stressful. We always thought planning a wedding together would be fun. With that said, we decided to take a break and reassess. We broaden our horizons on our venue search and figured there must be something out there to better suit our needs. It wasn’t long before the Danversport Yacht Club (DYC). Yes, the ballrooms and views at the DYC are gorgeous, which were a big selling point for us but it is the world-class staff that sets them apart. When we first arrived to view the property we were greeted by one of the DYC managers, Ron Bilodeau. Since that day, Ron has been with us every step of the way… suggesting and working with our vendors, designing our menu, and even helping us add in custom features to set our wedding apart. I would highly recommend considering this venue for you wedding.

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Emily O

Our wedding was beautiful, thanks to the helpful staff and wedding coordinators at Danversport. Danversport really took care of ever detail!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Amanda C

Looking for a venue? LOOK NO FURTHER!!! Do you want a knock your socks off wedding?! Call Ron right now at Danversport Yacht Club, Danvers, MA. 100% professional, beautiful, and elegant wedding venue. I can't even explain just how perfect our wedding was. Hands down best staff... Read More and management. GO VISIT AND BOOK NOW!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Allison T

Absolutely flawless. We had the times of our lives at our wedding. From the initial meeting to view the venue all the way the big day everyone was so friendly, helpful, and genuinely happy for us! Michael was the wedding coordinator that was assigned to me the day of and he was... Read More able to keep me calm the entire time! Our justice of the peace was about 30 minutes late and I wouldn't have ever known there was a problem, he stood right next to me with a huge smile the entire time. If the beautiful venue and friendly staff isn't enough to convince you, the food was unbelievable!!! Everyone was so attentive the night of and it was everything I wanted! So thankful!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Maria F

When I started looking at venues I started to become discouraged, thinking maybe what I was looking for wasn't out there. Then, one day I stopped at Danversport. Immediately, I knew this is where I wanted to have my wedding reception! The views from the balcony and the be... Read More cautious ballroom chandelier were perfect!! From the beginning, the staff was very organized, professional and attentive to all questions and requests. As the day got closer, we were in close contact with the staff. They were extreamly flexible when guests started arriving early for the reception from the church, having appitizers and drinks ready early. Michael was our wedding coordinator for the evening and he was great! From helping with removing the wedding veil to making sure appitizers and drinks were available for us during pictures to checking in periodically with us and the parents, he did it all!! The night went very smoothly and people are still telling us how great the food was. I would definitely recommend Danversport!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Grace C

Two years ago my husband and I went to Danverport yacht club, along with our parents, and fell in love with the gardens, views, the hall, and especially with our Wedding coordinator Ron Bilodeau that made us feel so welcome. He made it so easy for our wedding to come together as... Read More perfect as it did. He highly recommended us to go to the food tasting event, which we decided on the foods we were going to get on our wedding day! It was amazing, I highly recommend everyone to go to. It was the most helpful event to go to. My wedding was on September 17th 2016. When we got Danversort we were welcomed be the most wonderful team of workers that were not only helpful but made me feel so special! Ron was there for us from start to finish. We started out by taking pictures on the grounds with the most delicious hors d'oeuvre and drinks served to us by our own personal servers. After we were done Ron escorted us were we were ready to get introduced in a hall that looked absolutely amazing I could not imagine it being this way. It was the most amazing night! The food was to perfection! Not one thing I could say or anyone that shared our special day was wrong! Our family and friends are still talking about it. From the hot buns to the Statler chicken to the prime rib to the pasta to the salad to the amazing amazing sweet table with the chocolate fountain and cappuccino and coffee and cake were unbelievable. We would highly recommend Danversort yacht club and there staff to anyone that is planning a wedding. A big thank you to Ron for making our day so special !

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Carole M

Outstanding! We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Danversport everything was perfect. The location is beautiful. Everyone was extremely professional and helpful. Lauren our coordinator was great with all details and even helping to calm nerves. All of our guests had a... Read More wonderful time and loved the food and service. Thank you for making our day amazing!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Timothy F

The Danversport Yacht Club was absolutely amazing. From start to finish they made every step of the way a pleasure. Everyone we dealt with throughout the entire process were warm, efficient, well organized and contacted us on a regular basis. Lauren, our wedding planner, was... Read More outstanding in every aspect and never missed a detail throughout the planning and execution phases. The venue was beautiful, the food was phenomenal which is not often heard at weddings and the service was higher than top notch. We had such a wonderful time, as did all of our guests. I recommend the Danversport Yacht Club to anyone for any event no matter the size. I intend to tell everyone I know looking for a site for any special occasion in the future without any reservation at all. I could not even begin to think of any negatives throughout our experience with all of the wonderful staff and the venue itself. Thank you for everything again and keep up the phenomenal work.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Brianne A

They are amazing. The staff is awesome and super attentive. We had to make a few changes day of and there was no stress or problems. They are very easy to work with, making your planning super easy. There are no hidden fees or surprises anywhere, they tell it how it is and this... Read More definitely made it less stressful on me and my husband while we were planning.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Kayleigh F

My husband and I just got married at Danversport and LOVED it. Every person who works in their special events dept is amazing and super helpful! They really made the wedding stress free. They go over everything with you and make sure you know exactly what you're paying for.... Read More Their prices are super competitive - I didn't see another venue that even came close to Danversport. We even had our rehearsal dinner here and it was perfect. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful everything was and how amazing the food was. Everything from the appetizers, to the dinner, to our wedding cake was fantastic. We are beyond glad that we decided to have our wedding here!

2016-09-29T15:13:07 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that you shared your special day with us! Thank you for the great review.

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Aimee R

Wow... just outstanding in every way. When we brought our brother in law to help us deliver reception decor the day prior to our wedding, he asked, "can these people make it any easier for you?!" And the answer is no! We had a perfect experience! Stunning venue inside and out,... Read More superb and really delicious food, complete care and attention from every staff member we worked with from day one. They treated us like we were their only bride and groom, answered every question and email promptly, and made sure we got everything we wanted. We trusted them completely with our day and they really did make every step of the planning process clear, easy, and enjoyable. The wedding packages include so much for the money and make planning so much more straightforward. They handled my food allergy perfectly which was critically important to me. Every single one of our 140 guests commented on their delicious meals and how great of an overall experience they had there. Our personal staff member for the day was Heather and she is just the best...so kind, helpful, and had everything under control. We felt catered to and so did our guests. We all had an amazing time and created beautiful memories there. Thank you so much Danversport!

2016-09-29T15:15:40 Response from the vendor

Thank YOU very much for the great review. We are more than happy that we could help make your day seamless and special!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Jill W

All the great things you hear about Danversport are true! We cannot say enough about our flawless wedding and reception. They were incredibly flexible, and were just so willing to work with us to make our dream wedding a reality. Our wedding was led by Nancy and Lisa, and every... Read More detail was calmly and carefully attended by each and every staff member. If something went wrong, I never knew! : ) The venue is gorgeous, the food was all absolutely delicious, and every person that we encountered was positive, kind and helpful. The reputation of the Danversport is excellent, and for a good reason- they exceeded all expectations! Thank you all for making this a magical moment for all of us!!!

2016-09-29T15:18:47 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to hear that your wedding turned out magical. Thank you for the great review, and wishing you the best!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016

If you want friendly, professional, top-of-their-game staff to work with in a gorgeous setting, Danversport is the place! As the MOB, every detail counts and DYC far exceeded our expectations. Food was unbelievable, exterior and interior settings exquisite and the wedding... Read More coordinators were superb. A beautiful ,fun, place to express your dream wedding and to make happy memories for a lifetime! Thank you for the wonder of it all!!

2016-09-29T15:19:49 Response from the vendor

We loved being able to give you your dream wedding! Thank you for sharing your special day with us, and thank you for the great review!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Ashley L

If you're looking for a venue that basically does everything for you, and leaves you totally stress free, this is the one! Their reception package is fantastic! I would say a good chunk of the work a bride typically has to do to plan a wedding, all disappears because Danversport... Read More does almost everything for you! They catered to my every need while I was planning, and we even ordered our invitations through them! Everything was perfect and came out exactly the way I dreamed. The staff is fabulous, food is amazing, location is beautiful! Love, love, love! Special thanks to Lauren & Nancy!

2016-07-01T12:58:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your special day with us last weekend, it was an amazing wedding! Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 KateLynn P

Unbelievable! I had my wedding at the DYC in August 2015. The staff was absolutely incredible. I had so many moving pieces to my wedding and the staff knew every detail and made the day go flawlessly. From the first time I met the staff, I had good vibes. They have things down... Read More to a science (and are very knowledgeable on Jewish weddings). I was even able to work with the chef to change the menu and make it kosher. I received wonderful feedback from my guests about the food, service and beautiful venue. After much searching, I really believe I chose the best water venue in MA! The ballroom is breathtaking with gorgeous chandeliers and the water view is unbeatable. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue and staff, and you will certainly not be disappointed if you have your wedding here!

2016-06-29T14:23:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review! We loved sharing your special day!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Nicole B

What an amazing place! The staff at the Danversport were so professional and organized which help keep me calm on my wedding day. The food was great, the venue is beautiful and I could not be happier with the way everything turned out. I will definitely recommend the Danversport... Read More to people in the future.

2016-06-29T14:24:13 Response from the vendor

We are so glad you had a great wedding day, thank you for the kind review!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Lindsay

DYC made our entire wedding planning process the easiest it could be!! The event office is so well-organized and efficient I didn't have to worry about any detail being overseen. They made our day/night so perfect and we could not have asked for a more beautiful reception. The... Read More entire night went by seamlessly and Foj was amazing!

2016-06-29T14:45:49 Response from the vendor

We are so glad that you had a perfect wedding, thank you for the great review!