Tampa, FL

Backyard, Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden

Service Staff

81 Columbia Drive, Tampa, FL (813) 835-3442

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Rachel S

Beautiful view! Plenty of parking.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Brandi W

We looked at several venues before we looked at DIG Club and decided this was the perfect place for our wedding. We wanted a place that felt like it spoke to who we are as a couple, wasn't too formal but still very pretty, and would help enhance our theme and colors instead of... Read More dictate those. Day of the wedding, I was able to get inside to drop off everything for my coordinator and I thought I was supposed to get the keys at 10AM but no one ever showed up. I didn't worry too much since I was able to drop everything off anyways. We chose to rent the garden chairs, which was a much better price than if we had gone to an outside vendor to rent chairs, and the cushions for the patio. I completely recommend renting the cushions if you plan to do your dance floor on the patio. We chose to do our ceremony under the first tree branch when you walk through to the back and it was perfect! I didn't want to do what everyone else did and use the gazebo. Initially, I wanted to do the reception inside but my husband really wanted to do it outdoors and it was the best decision! We had our tables set up on the left side of the lawn and using the beauty of the outdoor space meant we only needed to decorate our tables and added cafe lighting above the lawn. We got so many compliments on how beautiful our wedding was, everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Kacey B

This was the perfect setting for our November wedding. The weather was beautiful and the venue does not need a ton of decoration. It is a very versatile space and I'm so happy we had our wedding here.

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Alexia F

The venue is absolutely beautiful for those DIY brides - we got so many compliments on the location and the view! They don't do any setup or takedown for outdoor weddings/receptions though, so make sure you have a plan in place for those pieces. We used the water taxi as... Read More transportation from our hotel to the venue as an added bonus - it was awesome!

wedding at the garden club

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 Jillian T

We had our wedding at the Garden Club. Everything went perfectly and it was a great setting. You get to choose all of your own vendors and really make your wedding specifically tailored to what you are looking for. We received nothing but compliments! I would recommend it to... Read More anyone!

Amazing fairytale!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Tiffany K

I chose this venue after shopping for many by the water for my daughters wedding and boy! was I surprised with their fantastic service.The view of the water is magical and it has a garden setting with a gazebo. A indoor / outdoor facility for rain or humidity emergencies.It was... Read More a dream. The quality was beautiful, Extremely helpful and friendly team, especially Michelle!She went out of her way to make our day so special, i will forever be grateful to her hospitality. They produced everything we needed like tables and chairs, just like I wanted it.They had excellent communication. What a professional team I was extremely happy with this venue, and it started our wedding off like a fairytale! My guests raved about the location, they loved it! And the newlyweds head off in a boat from the venue sailing into the sunset. A perfect place for a wedding.

Enchanting Venue

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Brittany

Our September wedding at the Garden Club was beautiful! Took advantage of the gazebo, the outdoor patio and inside room. Loved how the venue looked in photos with the flowers and water in the background. Needs a lot of decorations to spice up but with the right décor it becomes... Read More a very enchanting venue. The price of the venue doesn't include ceremony chairs or the extra décor you see up when touring the venue so keep that in mind when budgeting. The only flaws I had with our venue was I felt the communication was difficult. Every so often an email wouldn't be responded to, we were told our venue payment and wedding insurance wasn't given to them, but we had the confirmation emails saying they were already paid from them. Gave me a few stresses. Also, there are a few rules that held back the wedding creativity for me. I had a Rapunzel/Tangled wedding and we couldn't do the floating lanterns (fire code I understand) but made me sad that we could of done it with other venues. Overall I will still be recommending this venue to any friend who wants a smaller, lower budgeted wedding!

Venue - Davis Islands Garden Club

Reviewed on 6/19/2014 Amy V

I LOVED this venue! At The Davis Islands Garden Club, you can make it/decorate it, however you desire. It's a great venue, great location and very close to other places (hotels, airport, food, etc.). Contact Michelle to set your date!

Great venue if you have the right team

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Ana V

This is a beautiful venue on the water but it needs to be dressed up. I have an awesome team that worked very hard to transform the venue with all kinds of additional furniture and accessories. We rented a U-haul truck and brought amazing pieces that when combined with the venue... Read More being on the water and its beautiful surroundings, made it all to be perfect. The venue is not large so it will not work for a large wedding. My wedding was 75 people so it was just the perfect venue for us.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 4/28/2013 Helen M

This place is a beautiful blank canvas to create the wedding of your dreams. Michelle is very helpful and the Garden Club ladies take great care of their property.

Great location for an outdoor wedding

Reviewed on 12/23/2012 Kiersten K

Davis island garden club was a fantastic location for our wedding. The club exceeded all of our expectations and we would recommend this site to anyone looking for a private, beautiful outdoor wedding. We had 119 guest which fit everyone comfortably. We were able to have an... Read More outdoor ceremony along the canal, an outdoor cocktail reception on the back patio and a dinner reception inside the club. With the club you you have to bring in all your vendors, which can be good for those who have time to research caterers, florist, etc. The club gives you a preferred vendor list which we highly recommend on using, because the club has several strict rules and the preferred vendors know what they can and can not do (which is helpful so you can receive your full deposit back) Half of our wedding guest came from out of town, so we were able to use the dock located approx 75 yards from the club to escort our guest to and from the wedding site using a water taxi from the Marriott waterside. Michelle, the site coordinator, was wonderful to work with, she was extremely helpful and very timely when getting back to us with questions. She was always available to open the club up for us when we had walk throughs with vendors or wanted to see the grounds. The club does provide 60" round and rectangular tables along with metal folding chairs. They also have white lawn chairs for an additional charge. We had a wonderful experience and highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 11/01/2012 Shannon Y

The location was really beautiful we had perfect weather. The ceremony was outside on the water and the reception inside. We did the Dance floor on the back patio and I highly recommend that in cooler months. The only downfall is you get the barebone structure and definitely... Read More need to hire a company to come in and decorate and do lighting otherwise it's very plain inside. They get a little pricey for adding curtains and cushions to the benches, which I think should come standard. But overall nice venue and our guests loved it.

Amazing, Beautiful Venus

Reviewed on 5/06/2012 Susan H

If you want a place that is gorgeous and you want to have 100% freedom to do your own thing, this is your place. Michelle is super helpful and answered every question quickly and fully. It is an amazing venue for an amazing price. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't need to... Read More because it was perfect!

2012-07-26T20:03:44 Response from the vendor

Thanks soooo much! I appreciate the praise! Michelle

Beautiful indoor/outdoor venue!

Reviewed on 1/04/2012 Kelly B

The DIGC is the best indoor/outdoor location for a wedding! The outside is beautifully maintained and you can't beat being on the water, with views of the city skyline. The outdoor patio is great for cocktail hour and the inside is big enough to hold many tables plus a good... Read More sized dance floor, but small enough to provide an intimate feel for the wedding. As soon as we visited we knew this was the place for us. Almost all of our guests commented on how beautiful the location was. Michelle and Tiffany were very helpful and were always quick to reply to emails. We couldn't be happier with our choice to get married here.

2012-07-26T20:04:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks! I really appreciate the praise! Michelle

Great Location!

Reviewed on 11/28/2011 Brandi M

This location is perfect if you love a natural setting right next to the water. The patio and gazebo area are beautiful while the inside banquet hall lets you still have the indoor feeling. The staff is great to work with too! You will love having your wedding here...I know we... Read More did!

It's OK

Reviewed on 7/08/2011 Antricia C

DIGC has a nice location. It is just off the water and the surrounding homes are breathtakingly beautiful. However, the grass wasn't as UP TO PAR as I would expect for a Garden Club. In reviewing my photos, there are areas of grass that appeared dead. On the morning of my... Read More wedding, my coordinator showed up to find none of the set up had been completed (this was the purpose of providing the floor plan the week before). This caused my coordinator and staff to have to set up the entire inside and outside which caused them to run terribly late. It was a domino effect because they ran out of time to get to some of the little "details" I had requested (custom made pillow cases, sash ties for cocktail table5s, etc...). Everything is piece mail with the DIGC...you pay for every single thing (every chair you need to use, etc..). If I had to do it all over again, I would contract one of the nicer hotels that have a waterfront view so I can get a "package"....

2013-03-28T20:23:12 Response from the vendor

We are definitely just a blank canvas. My best recommendation is a great day-of coordinator off our preferred list to take care of the details so the bride does not have to be worried with these things. The price does reflect this & we are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/11/2011 Chantel K

I will say that at first it was difficult to get in touch with their contact person, but the responsiveness there after was very timely. This location is absolutely beautiful. I loved the idea of being able to use the indoor or outdoor, or both. The grounds are immaculate. With... Read More a venue like this, it is a clean slate. Meaning you have to provide all the decor to make it what you envision.