DC Centre Banquet Facility

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

11830 Stonegate Drive, Omaha, NE

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

I wanted to shout out to Sharon and Dennise at the DC Centre. I have never thought wedding planning would be so peaceful and well put. Mind you, I am soon to be wed next month. I had only 6 months to plan this. The DC Centre is well put. If you need catering, ceremony,... Read More reception, and best of all HEART, this is the place to be. I were timid and didn't want to tell my coordinator Dennise every struggle personally while planning and were touched when she happily greeted me with open arms and a warm touch. She continued as the count down continues to my big day. She never turned another cheek or dropped her peppiness. Sharon is also the same, she is genuine and will be honest with love and will go out her way in ANY means necessary, keep in mind ADULTS businesses have rules and regulations to follow too. So, going about what a contract says even with effort will not always be a yes but, a simple "let me see what I can do" makes my day to know at least they are taking my wishes into consideration. So, because I believe in connection and what you put out has a boomerang effect, remember three fingers are pointing back at you when your ready to point fingers at someone else. MIND you this is you asking someone to go above and beyond what their same rules and regulations are and follows for everyone. To others putting negative comments LEARN TO BE HUMBLE, GRATEFUL, AND UNDERSTANDING. In life you don't get what you want with a closed mouth, however when you speak chose wisely and be respectful of boundaries that are drawn, especially doing business. Your 1st impression is the last impression. I am excited to feel welcome, I have my bridesmaids amd brides too whom recommended the DC Centre, in person before my big day to wrap things up, they felt that love that speaks from the heart, and If you don't have a heart and understanding of other peoples needs of course you will NOT see eye to eye. To Sharon and Dennise, thanks for all you do, if you never hear it like you should; know that gratification comes from like minded people. You both don't get enough credit for what you do. You are sincere, honest, patient, open minded, and best of all still human. I love you guys and you are both Heaven sent. Love, love, love you and I wouldn't ask for anyone different. Tina

Everything Taken Care Of

Reviewed on 3/28/2015 Megan C

I booked my reception at the DC Centre after canceling another venue. I definitely made the right choice in booking with the DC Centre. They take of everything for you. Maggie was a joy to work with. She was extremely professional. She returned all my calls and emails within a... Read More day, usually within hours. She made it possible not to worry about how my reception would turn out. The reception was perfect and the room captain ensured everythjbg ran smoothly.

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Barb L

My daughter recently got married and we held the reception at the DC Centre. Beginning with the first meeting we held with Maggie to the last night, everything was fabulous! Maggie was very helpful and able to suggest things that would make the night a great success for the... Read More bride and groom, our family, friends and guests. It's been a couple of weeks since the wedding and we have heard from multiple guests how much they enjoyed the venue, how good the food was and that the service they received was phenomenal. My husband (who is usually very quiet) thanked the DC Centre during his speech for their great service & staff, and for making the night so successful. People are still talking about it. Thanks again, Maggie, for everything you did to help make Chris and Ashley's night so special!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Logan E

They were absolutely amazing. I didn't have to worry about a thing and felt very taken care of.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

Overall we were very impressed with the DC Center and how well the staff did and cared about everyone that was invited to the Reception. The team caption was attentive when he was in the room. There were many times we were not able to find him but the bartender was able to get... Read More him right away. We were under the impression the team captain would be in the room all night. But it worked out anyways. He did an AMAZING job making sure we were happy. lol and he kept telling me the code for the door because for the life of me I could not remember it. How everything was set up in the room was wonderful. Some of our flowers arrived very late in the evening but the staff were able to put them in the vases as soon as they arrived. The food was delicious! Everyone had a lot of fun. A few things that were not so pleasant. • My parents were not able to drop off the mints at the Center on Friday. They were turned away by staff saying there was no fridges to put them. There was 2 trays. They were told to come back at 1 pm on Saturday and of course that was when the wedding was. My parents went to their hotel before the reception and brought them. When they did the staff was great with getting the mints set up quickly. • The parking was rough. Thankfully everyone eventually found parking but there were people that did complain to us. • People from the other parties continued throughout the night to come into our room and dance and mingle with the guests. There was one group in particular (dressed in pink) that was bad at doing this. Most of them did not cause any trouble until later in the night. • There was a fight that broke out in front of the DC Center from one of the parties that was attending. Security seemed to be unaware of this and allowed the group of people to return to the party. People were still yelling at each other outside throughout the night. • Also there were several people from other parties that should have been cut off from drinking a LONG time before hand. A couple of the drunk guys came up to me when I was alone and waiting for my husband to get me. They were pleasant enough but one did grabbed me and hugged me. Thankfully nothing else happened. It would have been nice if the Security Guard was watching out for the people like this! Otherwise everything was fantastic. Again we loved the staff and how they were able to make our reception wonderful.

2016-08-22T21:43:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that you loved your reception, it just makes our day to hear such kind words. And we truly appreciate the constructive criticism. We will be working with our staff to make improvements and prevent... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Shayna B

I had my original venue cancel/close on me, 3 weeks before our wedding date. I went to the D.C Centre and they went over and beyond to make everything work out for us! The wedding itself was amazing and they made us feel taken care of! Our "room captain" was Patrick and he was... Read More amazing, and took care of anything. I couldn't have been more happy with the way everything turned out. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

I was very pleased with the DC Centre. My contact was always very good about answering any questions that I had. Was always available when needed. My captain for the evening was the same way. Very accomadating. My direction of how I wanted things set up was carried out... Read More well. We had a few adjustments but that is to be expected. The food was fantastic. And the best part was the prices were awesome. When that includes someone setting up and cleaning up that makes it even better. I would recommend DC Centre highly.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016

This was the forth place I looked at, they were so friendly and prices were very affordable and they were so accommodating , and the food was awesome, And Sharon was very understanding and very helpful with everything and she made my reception all that I could have imagined and... Read More more.It was a great experience and I would recommend the DC Center to anyone who wanted a beautiful wedding and reception. Thank you Sharon and DC Center staff for a memorable experience.

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Samantha V

Everyone at the DC Centre was really helpful and so nice and accommodating. Sharon was so great to work with and even though she has so many brides at a time she really makes you feel special. Pat was also awesome. He did a great job managing everything the night of the... Read More reception. We had quite a bit of special dietary needs and with him everything went so smoothly. Our guests loved the reception and everyone had a great time. I would really recommend this place for wedding receptions. The price is also very affordable for all you that comes with the venue as well.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Jenny J

This place was amazing!! They took care of everything for us. I dropped off decorations a few days before and they took care of setting it all up. Food was awesome as well. Love the fact that the bride has their own bridal suite. When the night was over they helped take... Read More things down pack up everything and gave it to my wedding party to give to me. Hands down great place and Sharon is great to work with.

Great venue!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Annie W

Great value and service! All staff was very helpful and worked to make sure our reception was perfect! We were in the Gold Ballroom with 280 ish people and it worked for us! Food was amazing also!

Reviewed on 7/25/2015

We were married on July 10, 2015 and had our ceremony and reception at the DC Centre. Our event was on Friday evening and we chose to have hors d'oeuvres vs. dinner. We got a lot of compliments on the food and the room set up was beautiful. I definitely would suggest adding... Read More the "wall of lights", especially if your wedding is in the evening, it's such an intimate touch. Justin, our room captain, was great - very helpful and attentive throughout the night. On the downside - I had arranged to have my hair and makeup stylists meet me in the bridal suite while myself and my maid of honor prepared for the ceremony. They each reported that they were treated very rudely by the staff and were told that the bridal suite is not intended for brides to dress and get ready - just to freshen up in. ( I had cleared this with the wedding coordinator ahead of time and since we would be in and out before any other brides needed the room, this was not to be a problem) I don't understand the point of having a bridal suite if it's not intended for a bride to get ready there. Also, the coordinator we started with took another job and we ended up with two others by the date of our wedding. Another issue occurred when our photographer came. He simply wanted to take a picture of my wedding dress, before I put it on, in front of the pillar entrance. A male staff (manager, I assume) yelled at him and told him to take the dress down. He wouldn't allow him 10 seconds to take a photo - rather, he spent a ridiculous amount of time arguing with him. This photographer has taken photos for events at the Centre many times and is very quick and professional, so needless arguing about something like that is way out of line. There were two other receptions being held that evening, but ours was only ceremony/reception. At the exact time we started to recite our vows, a blast of music came from the room next to ours, and our guests complained they were unable to hear any of the ceremony. A suggestion is that the Centre be more mindful of coordinating these events so that one does not interfere with another's actual ceremony. Another idea would be for the sound systems to be on opposite ends of rooms holding events to avoid blaring music competitions. The venue is fabulous and we have heard the same from many others. Our experience could have been improved and problems remedied with a little better planning and awareness on the part of the support staff of the needs of the clients being served.

Hall looked nice

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Tiffany H

Started out with Maggie and she was great. Then a month before my wedding I get an email from someone else telling me they will be taking over my reception. I only ever got a hold of the lady on the phone once, she never returned my phone calls and was never timely with an email... Read More response..usually never in the same day. I also don't know what security I was paying for, I had wedding crashers come in, and sign my guestbook as well. The person in charge of my room walked away from the cake cutting after cutting some pieces and then I was informed by my husband that guests were cutting their own cake because no one was there. The room did look amazing though so props to the people who set up the room they did it exactly how I wanted it. And they were amazing at packing things up that night for us.

2015-05-20T22:20:32 Response from the vendor

The sales representative that this bride worked with decided to quit DC Centre, without notice. Our managing director wanted to make sure that each and every one of her brides was taken care of, about 100 of them, so she single handedly began contacting each... Read Less Read More

Not my dream wedding

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Kimberly F

We worked with Maggie at the DC Centre. She was very kind, but it was difficult to actually make my dream a reality that this location. We chose the venue because of the low cost, but I couldn't have the favors I wanted & I had to share the venue with another wedding reception... Read More which made things a bit challenging. The food was delicious! The planning and execution were not exactly smooth though - much more stressful than necessary.

great place for reception!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Alise B

My husband (still fun to say :)) and I recently got married. Our reception was at the DC Centre. We were so impressed with our experience here. Maggie, did a wonderful job of helping us prepare and plan for our celebration. The day came and they went over the top to... Read More accommodate to us. Our room coordinator was the first one to introduce himself when we got off the bus (and the first to call me by my new name!). He helped us through a last minute upgrade with the bar service with graciousness. The food was amazing and the staff was very professional. At the end of the night, I continued to be impressed by the DC Centre! Our room coordinator and staff helped us pack up our centerpiece decorations (all provided by us)! This was a very helpful ending to OUR night as our families just had to move the boxes to the vehicles. AMAZING experience that I would recommend to anyone!

A Good Choice

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 shelli m

We had a wonderful experience at the DC Centre. We worked directly with Maggie and were very pleased the help and direction she provided, and loved the efficiency of our meetings. The staff that night also did a great job, so we would definitely recommend this venue.

DC Centre is the way to go!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Leslie M

I could never say enough good things about DC. I would recommend them to absolutely everyone...the food is great, each member of their team is amazing especially Maggie :) and they honestly want to make things work for you whether it be your budget, decoration prep, etc. Have... Read More your reception at DC and that will be one thing you don't have to worry about on your big day. Absolutely everything was taken care of and we couldn't have been more pleased!!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Laura C

I could not have had a better reception! They took care of EVERYTHING and I enjoyed myself the WHOLE time! Sharon was amazing and very accommodating.I would definitely use them again for any event!

Lovely Venue

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Lydia R

If you are a cheap bride who doesn't really care about all the minor details behind a venue this is your best bet in Omaha other than your backyard. The food was okay, the first batch was cold. The service with setting everything up before the day of the event is less than... Read More satisfactory. If you have any issues like I did they usually don't answer emails or phone calls until 2 weeks before the event. Want anything done before that? Go straight to a supervisor and be prepared to be put down by your event specialist, becuase they will stress you out and make you (even if you are the bride) feel like the bad guy and it was all your fault. other than that I guess it is a nice place to get married or have your party.they only charge for food and drink so that cuts the cost greatly.

Great food, Beautiful Reception

Reviewed on 7/25/2014 Anne S

I recommend the DC Centre for a wedding reception. We had multiple compliments on the food and the drinks. My room manager was awesome, he was attentive and paid attention to our needs throughout the whole night. My only real complaints are that I wasn't allowed to drink at my... Read More own wedding at 10 pm until I was carded when I had been drinking since 5 pm when I got there (I'm 26.) Also, just a warning there could be multiple events that night and random people could come into your event. Overall, we were very happy with our evening. Decorations were beautiful and it was awesome to have the room set up when we got there.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Alissa

I loved the DC Centre. They took care of all the set up and take down but listened to your preferences. The food was wonderful and their service was great! They were there throughout the planning process always willing to answer questions. The venue is beautiful both inside... Read More and out. They provide lots of options for decorating and allow you to do what you want. I would recommend this venue to any bride looking for someone to help take stress out of planning and your wedding day!

our wedding and reception

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 holly D

They were FANTASTIC. everything happens in one place so no traveling ,they do all the set up and clean up, all the food is catered right there as well as beverages. It was amazing and beautiful. As magical as anything Ihave ever dreamed of. All the staff was extremely helpful... Read More and courteous, very nice setting.. I cant say enough about the DcCentre, it was so wonderful and really relaxed. I love it !!

So unprofessional!

Reviewed on 6/19/2014 angie v

I'm 24 and paid for my whole wedding every single penny of it by myself so I'm taking this very seriously! To start it off THEY BOOKED TWO CEREMONIES AT THE SAME TIME OUTSIDE! Maggie called me a week before my wedding and explained to me that the outside wedding that I've been... Read More planning on forever couldn't work because their computer messed up! So she offered me a step up in their bar and the whole decoration package! I think I deserved a bit more or at least my ceremony money back! She didn't even seem apologetic just walked all over me trying to say the it get bride was hard to work with and I was such a doll to work with! well day of wedding comes and the bridal suite where the bride gets usually gets dress at is taken by the people that get the outside ceremony so I get put back in the back office with no mirror to get ready in or no bathroom nothing ! And then I paid for an upgrade for the sign in table and the wishing tree was there but no cards to put any wishes on so what did I pay my 150$ for!! They said the food was suppose to be out for an hour and a half was out for only 45 mins! Forgot our champagne for out head table and had no cake cutter so my mom (mother of the bride!!!) had to cut the cake! And then lastly tried to shut it down at 11:15 instead of midnight I want my full 6 hours ! It was just a wreck but food was great though!

Wedding Review

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 nancy F

This is continued from previous review under DC Centre What you failed to tell me was that they would be switching out their rooms from wedding to reception at the same time that our guests were arriving. The lobby was packed with people when our guests arrived and our photo... Read More booth had to put up a sign telling people which wedding there were there for. 4. The bass beat from the wedding next door could be heard in our room all night long. 5. Two woman from the wedding with the loud beat got in a fight in the parking lot and the cops were called. I'm sure our guests were very impressed with that one. This one I realize you can't control all the time. It just added to my appreciation of the night in general. 6. Our event officially started at 5 with the bar open at 4:45. None of the candles were lit at 5:00. They were still going around and lighting the candles at 5:30. 7. When they asked at 10:15 if they could start tearing down - I asked if they could wait at least until 10:30. I tried to help out the room captain as much as I could. He was the only one doing anything as far as I could tell and he was completely overwhelmed. But I wonder why in the world would you even be asking us to start tearing down???? We paid for our reception to go until 11:00. 8. When they were tearing down and blowing out candles - they spilled wax on one of the guest's items that were still on the table since the reception was still in progress. There were good things too. 1. Food was terrific. We had nothing but compliments on it. 2. Your security guard should be dealing with people - not your self important assistant manager. Your security guard has the people skills. He was great. 3. Dillon, the room captain was great too. He was doing as much as he possibly could for us all night long but he just didn't have enough help.

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Angie H