Des Moines Embassy Club & Embassy Club West

Des Moines, IA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Best-Kept Secret in DSM - WOW YOUR GUESTS

Make lasting memories at our Downtown location with its amazing view from high above the city. Or, our new Embassy West location - it sits on the banks of Crescent Lake. Our reputation for exceptional service and fine cuisine set us apart. Professional coordinators help you plan every detail of your ceremony and reception.

Backyard, Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Garden, Historic Venue, Museum, Park, Restaurant, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

7th and Grand Ave/34th Floor, Des Moines, IA (515) 244-2582

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Kathleen M

We had an absolutely amazing wedding at the Embassy Club West venue. When the weather ended up being too warm to do the ceremony and cocktail hour outdoors, the team at Embassy Club West worked with our coordinator to set up the ceremony indoors and it ended up being absolutely... Read More beautiful. They are very accommodating and responsive. Emily B. did an amazing job answering all our questions and giving us ideas. We have gotten compliments from guests about how good the food was as well. I cannot recommend this venue enough!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Torey C

One of the best-kept secrets in Des Moines! We are so thankful we found the Embassy Club Downtown and selected it as our wedding venue. From our first meeting with the staff to our wedding day, we were incredibly impressed with the professionalism, organization, and service of... Read More the Embassy Club team. It was so nice to enjoy our wedding day because we knew that the Embassy Club would properly execute all aspects of our wedding day. They were easy to work with and thoughtful of our budget. They accommodated last-minute changes right up to our big day. We loved the classic look of the space, but were also attracted to the fact that all of the essentials of a wedding venue (seating, tables, linens, settings, etc.) were included, that all in-house catering could be personalized, and that you received top-knotch service for all guests. Our guests loved the views and the out-of-this-world food and drink from the Embassy Club. Weeks later, we are still receiving compliments! Book them for your special day if you want a stunning venue to wow your guests but also receive quality service that you can trust on your wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Kirsten A

We had our wedding at the downtown Embassy Club location, and we loved it! Kristy helped us every step of the way through all the planning details. The staff was extremely helpful with setting up the reception, and making sure everything ran smoothly that night. The food is... Read More fantastic, and no one can beat that view! I also thought they were reasonably priced for that nice of a venue. We also had a lot of out of town guests, so the proximity to hotels was great. When we received our final bill, we were pleasantly surprised with a gift certificate for our one year anniversary. I would definitely recommend The Embassy Club!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Emily C

Awesome staff and food!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Amanda W

We cannot day enough good things about this venue. When our original venue wasn’t ready in time for our ready (was undergoing construction) we were switched to the embassy club just a few months before the wedding. I was afraid we would not get the wedding we had dreamed of but... Read More Emily and the entire team went above and beyond to ensure everything was perfect. All of our guests kept commenting how beautiful the venue was and many said it was the best or most fun wedding they had ever been to. The food was also amazing - people were raving about the prime rib. I’d highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Katie F

The Des Moines Embassy Club Downtown was the perfect venue for our reception for our wedding. The food was amazing and the service was top notch all night.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Courtney S

We highly recommend this venue!! We had our ceremony and reception at the downtown location. The staff is extremely professional and paid attention to every single detail of my particular (overly detailed) wedding plan. The food was delicious and all the guests commented about... Read More it. Working with Kristy Maras leading up to it was fantastic! She took care of everything and even provided us with a list of vendors that were all amazing. Josue, on the day of, was incredible. He made sure we had everything we needed and took my plan seriously. Everyone was so impressed with him and his staff. They were never unattended! Plus, the backdrop is unlike anything else you'll find in Des Moines. You won't regret getting married here, I know we certainly don't.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 1/02/2015 Tyrrell D

The Embassy Club had great hospitality and was a very beautiful and elegant evening.

Downtown Embassy Club

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

We absolutely LOVED this venue! You will not find a better 360 view of downtown Des Moines. The 34th floor has windows all around, and the city looked gorgeous all lit up at night time. The food/drinks, staff and service were all fantastic. Diane (assistant catering director)... Read More was very accommodating and will help with details every step of the way. Imre (COO) was also very involved and did everything to make the day perfect for us. And, they will host a complimentary tasting so you can sample different food/beverage options which was great. It was an incredible night and we would do it all over again in a second!

Highly Satisfied and Definitely Recommended!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Heidi F

The Embassy Club was amazing to work with throughout our wedding planning process and our event went perfectly! We received many compliments from our guests about the menu, timeliness, and great service! They were incredibly flexible to work with as I was an out of town bride... Read More they worked around my travel schedule for planning meetings and were quick to respond to any questions we had along the way. They let us help design our menu based on our personal preferences versus having to select from a pre-set menu. Their professionalism put our minds at ease that we would not have to worry about anything on our Wedding Day!

So many compliments

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Maggie M

We used the Embassy Club to cater our wedding at a nearby Hotel. The food was amazing! We had 4 different menu options for our guest at our plated dinner. We got so many compliments on the quality of the food. We also had 3 open bars and our guests were impressed with the... Read More fast service and the quality of drinks at our reception. Tori is so easy to work with and really has an attention to detail. Wish we could do it all over again! :)

A Treasured Experience

Reviewed on 10/16/2014

Much of the credit for this review goes to Tori Rezek, who never missed a beat in the planning process. Prior to Tori's hiring, our initial visit was not handled well, but not once Tori was on board. We planned a ceremony by the water [I really can't refer to that as a "lake"]... Read More but weather was bad. So ceremony and reception/dinner would be inside. At the last minute, Tori realized we could still have an inside ceremony/outside reception and move to the Ponderosa for dinner. Her willingness to hustle made such a difference. Our ceremony was [at least from my 70-year-old perspective] not usual. But every request we made was graciously accommodated, if physically possible. Only minor disappointment: when guests arrived, they weren't necessarily directed to the correct door to enter the Ponderosa Room and, consequently, many did not sign the guest book. Still, we recommend Embassy Club West as wedding parties look for the "perfect" venue.

Fantastic Wedding Reception Venue

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Allie M

The Des Moines Embassy Club downtown was a wonderful venue to host our wedding reception. The office staff (Kristy and Diane) were wonderful to work with and very accommodating for our menu choices as well as floor layout. On the day of the event, everything went very smoothly... Read More and was high quality (we offered 4 different menu options). The staff took care of the small details so that we didn't have to take time away from our celebration. Our guests also shared many compliments with us in regards to the venue and the gorgeous views for a summer night. We did have an open bar, and our liquor bill at the end of the night was significantly more than anticipated. Food was very delicious and served elegantly. I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding reception (or location for any other large event).

Best View in DSM

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Sara A

We loved having our reception at the Embassy Club downtown. The setting was beautiful & gave our many out-of-state guests a great view of the city. The staff was very attentive and promptly served our plated dinner. The food was delicious and they were very accomodating for... Read More dietary restrictions. The table linens and chair covers were included. Overall, this location gave us the elegant, personal feel we wanted for our reception.

Wedding Catering

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Laura T

Embassy Club made the decisions for food at our wedding very easy and stress free. They offered a tasting with all their food well in advance, so had plenty of time to determine what food we wanted served. They were also very accommodating our wants for the wedding, if they... Read More could make it work they did. During meetings before the wedding Tori was able to think of things before we were able to ourselves which helped the planning go so much smoother. Their servers are also trained very well and know how to get the food out in a timely manner so that guests are not waiting long. We had a great time using Embassy Club and they allowed us to enjoy the day rather than worrying about the food and beverage. Would highly recommend using Embassy Club for catering!

Perfect for a NYE Wedding

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

We had a great experience working with the embassy club! We had worked with them in the past for my sisters wedding and decided to return for mine. Diane was our main point of contact and she was excellent with communication and the entire wedding was better than I could have... Read More imagined! The views of downtown Des Moines from the dining room as well as the bar are fantastic.

Great Venue for a Rehearsal Dinner/Buffet

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Kiley W

Excellent venue for a rehearsal dinner. The view was amazing during the day and spectacular at night. The room was configured perfectly for a buffet setting and the food was delicious! My guests truly enjoyed themselves. The staff was extremely helpful and accomodating with... Read More our special requests. We would definitely recommend The Embassy Club.

August Wedding

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Jill L

The Embassy Club West was first rate and fantastic in every way. The staff was very helpful in planning. Food, drink and service the day of the reception was all first class. I would highly recommend EC West for any type of event.

Not what we envisioned

Reviewed on 6/08/2014 A M

I was thrilled to find the Embassy Club with it's stunning 34th floor views of Des Moines. Diane was wondering through the entire planning process. The day of the wedding was another story entirely. Many of the aspects of our catering that we had discussed in detail (and were... Read More in our contract) were not executed correctly. The food was not what we had agreed upon. In fact, it seemed like they cut corners in quality and presentation on the day of because they knew I couldn't asked for it to be changed at the last minute. Moreover, the food was decent at best...nothing special. Also, do not let them put up the black curtain at the back of the room. They drape a black curtain at the back end of the room to cover where they store their service items, blocking off useful space that is included in what you pay for. We specifically asked that the whole room be available because we rented the entire room, not a portion of it. When I walked into the space before the reception started, the curtain was up and I was told it had to be up to shield the extra tables, glasses, etc. from guest view. There was nothing that could be done at that time. I was also told there was plenty of space. When my husband and I went to greet guests at the back of the room, my husband and two other guests tripped because they back tables were too close to the curtain. I was so incredibly embarrassed. It looked so tacky. The bottom line on the Embassy Club is a great venue, but the service and catering are another story. I truly believe the staff here think they can change things on your wedding day to save them money and time because there is nothing you can do to change it at that late time.

AWESOME

Reviewed on 9/11/2013 Tricia W

Great staff & great food

Overpriced

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 Dawn

This was my only option due to my venue. The service was good but very overpriced.

Temple for Performin Arts

Reviewed on 9/12/2012 Jennifer S

This place is gorgeous and the staff was amazing. We did the wedding and reception here and the whole thing went off perfectly. The staff did an amazing job for setting everything up how I asked and I wasn't at all stress that things would not be done. We had wonderful reviews... Read More from guests about the food and service as well.

Great on the day

Reviewed on 12/11/2011 Kathleen C

The staff who was there on the day of the wedding was excellent.

Beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Sherrie D

I can't imagine anywhere else that could be more beautiful to get married. However, one staff member in particular was extremely pushy when it came to our food menu. They wanted us to add more even though I felt we had plenty. There was a silly amount of food left over. It... Read More was expensive too. It was also delish. We got several complements on our overpriced food. Everyone else was wonderful though.

Execellent Food & Service

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Kristin B

We had our reception at the Ruan Center on the 34th Floor, the Des Moines Embassy Club is the exclusive caterer for this venue. They are fantastic! At first we thought they were a little pricey, but for the amount of food and wonderful service you get we thought it was just... Read More right! Our night ran smoothly thanks to them and the food was OUTSTANDING!!! I would recommend them to anyone- they have 3 locations and are all beautiful. They helped to make our night the best of our lives!!!