Diamonds, Wedding Bands, Jewelry and Fine Giftware

DeScenza Diamonds...100 years of Making Celebrations Sparkle! Find your perfect diamond engagement ring, wedding bands, and gifts to make your wedding truly magical! Come into any of our 4 Massachusetts locations to learn about our GIA certified diamonds, as well as our featured Forevermark diamonds. Beautiful, Rare and Responsibly Sourced, their " Journey to Become the One" is an impressive story of environmental conservation and community empowerment. Set your diamond in a custom ring or a setting from designers Sasha Primak, Sylvie, Coast, Lieberfarb, Art Carved and more. Our GIA graduate gemologists, knowledgeable friendly staff, and DeScenza family members take great pride in having served 4 generations of customers since 1915! One Family. Four Generations. One Hundred Years

Bracelets, Earrings, Necklaces, Rings, Watches, Wedding Jewelry, Fashion, Engagement Rings, Appraisals, Custom Designs, Engraving, Financing Available, Jewelry Cleaning, Ring Sizing, Ring Services, Wedding Rings

387 Washington St , Boston, MA

Reviewed on 11/29/2014

I worked with Becky for an engagement ring. She was incredibly knowledgeable and spent the time to educate me about the diamond, making sure I felt very comfortable. Her professional experience was invaluable, especially because I had a custom designed setting. It came out... Read More exactly as I imagined and it was perfect! I didn't exactly make it easy for DeScenzas (I live in NJ, asked for a custom setting, and had a VERY tight deadline) but they made it all happen-- stress free! Becky was excellent when it came to communication (email, phone, etc.) and made sure the ring arrived when I needed it to. The ring was spectacular, the service top notch, and the experience unforgettable. If you go anywhere other than DeScenza, you're making a mistake!

Gorgeous Rings!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Rachel M

My husband chose to buy my engagement ring at DeScenza Diamonds in Peabody, MA based on reviews from friends. He spent a lot of time picking out the perfect setting and diamond. Chris was very patient and helpful. DeScenza’s was able to resize my ring, making it a full size... Read More smaller, without compromising the ring or removing any diamonds. My ring is perfect and exactly what I would have picked for myself. Because my husband had such a great experience at DeScenza Diamonds, we chose to buy our wedding bands there. Because my husband had purchased my engagement ring, we were able to get 10% off of our wedding bands. DeScenza’s has beautiful jewelry and an amazing selection. Michelle helped us to pick out wedding bands, and my wedding band matches my engagement ring perfectly. Everyone we worked with was professional and helpful. I would definitely recommend DeScenza Diamonds to anyone.

2014-10-20T21:36:35 Response from the vendor

congratulations! And thank you for the vote of confidence:)

Amazing Customer Service!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Kathy T

My fiancé worked with Donna at the Hingham DeScenza location and said his experience was less stressful than he ever expected. He visited the location multiple times to learn the basics, view diamonds, and put his vision into a ring setting and said he never felt pressured. In... Read More fact, Donna mentioned to him that it would take time but at some point he would see a diamond and just know THAT is the one. He thought she was crazy- but sure enough, a diamond rolled out of one of the little envelopes and something about it just caught his eye and he knew it was the one. Having no knowledge of diamonds or rings prior to visiting DeScenza, he felt he made a well educated decision and was comfortable with his purchase. After our engagement we went back to Donna to have my ring sized. We went back and forth between sizing down or having beads added. I chose the smaller size, but when I got home I second guessed myself. I don't normally wear rings so I didn't know how tight I wanted it, if I would swell, etc. I called the next day and asked if I could come by after work to try on the ring and sizers again before my ring was sent out- they were more than accommodating and patient with me. Other staff members gave me a second opinion and verified that my original decision was in fact the right one. My ring fits perfectly!! I'm so happy with the fit and can't stop staring at the sparkle! It's beautiful!! We will be heading back to Donna to purchase our wedding bands when the time comes- no question. With no hesitation we have already referred a couple friends to DeScenza as well. Customer service is key and they know how to do it! Thank you DeScenza!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

I stopped by the DeScenza in Peabody to see if I could find a wedding band/anniversary that would compliment my set and fit my budget. My husband and I have been married for 25 wonderful years and with twins in college there isn't much left for the extras! I hit the "sale of... Read More the century" and boy was it! I picked a beautiful 5 diamond band that is stunning! Paul MacIsaac was so kind, fun to work with and knowledgeable! They even had refreshments! I love DeScenza and their friendly, fun and informative staff! I highly recommend them.Thank you Paul.

2015-10-26T13:23:43 Response from the vendor

Congratulations on 25 years! Thanks for the rave reviews - we're so happy to hear you found the perfect celebration ring!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

A couple years ago we had my diamond reset at DeScenza jeweler for our 30th anniversary. I had it set in a double halo setting which needed to be custom made for my diamond and I couldn't be happier with the way it came out. We also purchased a diamond band to go with it. A... Read More few weeks ago I purchased another diamond band to go with my set during the sale at the Peabody location. Joanna & Robin were extremely helpful in helping me find the right band at the right price. The set looks gorgeous all together! The staff here is extremely helpful, knowledgable and they take the time to listen and find the perfect item you're looking for. I would never consider going anywhere else for a fine jewelry purchase.

2015-10-18T21:28:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much! We take great pride in our customer service and are happy we could help you celebrate with sparkle!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

Love love DeScenza!!! The staff are always friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. Love their merchandise and can't wait to see what they will have for the holidays

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

Descenzas is absolutely fantastic! my husband and I got our wedding bands right before we went away to get married on the beach in Maui. Every day we look down and see our beautiful rings and remember that wonderful time thank you so much!!! Beautiful

2015-10-17T12:14:52 Response from the vendor

Congratulations! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review :)

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

I met with Robin and Joanna to pick out an engagement ring. I was clueless to what I wanted. These two ladies were fantastic. After answering some questions about my soon to be fiancé, the perfect ring was picked out and purchased. I never thought that picking out an engagement... Read More ring, something so important in my life, could have gone any smoother! Thank you, thank you, thank you to Robin, Joanna, and Descenza's!

2015-10-17T12:12:45 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much ...we would definitely agree with your 5 star rating of our incredible associates!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Matt m

Went to peobody store for engagement ring. Staff was friendly, helpful, informative. Went back to buy wedding bands and take advantage of huge discounts on two day sale. Once again staff A#1. Great great service. Pleasure to deal with. Thanx JS and everyone involved.

2015-10-15T12:12:43 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! Glad you were able to take advantage of our flash sale:)

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Amanda P

My fiance and I got our rings from DeScenza Diamonds - the Peabody location and we could not be happier. It was so easy and enjoyable. The staff are friendly, patient and knowledgeable. Prices are more than what we could have hoped for - you won't find a better price... Read More anywhere! Our rings are gorgeous. I highly recommend any of the DeScenza Diamonds locations!

2015-10-15T12:09:17 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our Peabody store! We pride ourselves on our knowledgeable staff and great customer service so thanks for helping us spread the word:)

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

8 years ago I said "I do" and was given the honor of wearing my mother-in-laws diamond. This diamond is particularly special because her husband (my husband's father) passed away at a very young age. This year we decided to have it reset and Descenza's was nothing short of... Read More amazing in helping us. It is beyond my wildest dreams and mother in law smiles every time she sees it. They were even able to find the perfect matching band. It's like getting married all over again but with the same love of my life:) Thank you Descenzas for an incredible experience:)

2015-10-15T12:06:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! So glad you AND your mother in law love your reset diamond :)

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Audrey S

Best place to shop and buy jewelry! We had an amazing experience when shopping for wedding rings. The staff was more than helpful with suggestions and taking their time to figure out exactly what we were looking for. I would not go any where else! The Hingham location is where... Read More we went and we could not be happier with the service from Zelig and Gary!

2015-10-13T21:10:17 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Kellie K

Amazing collection and service. Love my ring so, so much!

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Breanne R

I’ve dealt with such nonsense from them. Yelp reviews are a bit more diverse than the Knot, and are worth checking out with regards to how "effective" Descenzas is over the phone and with carrying out fairly simple tasks. To add insult to injury, my engagement ring is missing a... Read More diamond before I even get married, and they could care less about fixing it. The real kicker: it was just checked by DeScenzas, not more than two weeks ago! I’m not even wearing it. When your co-workers notice a diamond is missing in your fairly young engagement ring, it’s an embarrassment to you, and it’s an embarrassment to the poor guy who fell for buying it. Including the bands, we’ve sunk $5,700 into DeScenzas as a couple. My fiancé purchased the engagement ring in Boston just last year, but the wedding bands are now in Framingham, and I’ve had terrible experiences at each store. For my personal favorite, after my side-stone disappeared, I called the Framingham location at 5:30 knowing they close at 6, asking if I should stay in traffic if I knew I would be a couple minutes past 6…Cathy from Framingham said “that’s fine.” I arrived at 6:10, and they refused to help me even after I showed them my engagement ring!! I made it clear that I was told it would be ok to be a few minutes late, and I received one of those “sorry” responses where you know the person thinks it’s your fault. Which it 100% would be if I hadn’t called, but that was the EXACT reason I had! I sat in traffic for an hour each way for nothing. And I have just 1 month until my wedding... which they also know and are unsympathetic to getting it done any faster. This is supposed to be one of the most exciting parts about getting married, and it has been nothing but a headache mixed with frustration and disappointment.

DeScenza Diamonds

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

I bought my fiance's engagement ring from DeScenza Diamonds and I could not have asked for a better experience. I went to the Hingham, MA location and worked with Becky Kortum, who was fantastic throughout the whole process. As I live in New York, didn't really know anything... Read More about jewellery and was often unavailable at times, I was worried that the process would be long and stressful. However Becky was patient, positive and always ready to communicate and answer any questions, which I greatly appreciated. I was a little off with the ring size, and the band was a touch too big. Becky was able to fix this the following weekend when my fiance was back in town. Many of my friends and colleagues found buying an engagement ring difficult, but my experience with Becky and the team at DeScenza Diamonds was the exact opposite. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for that special piece of jewellery.

DeScenza Diamonds in Hingham, Ma

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

I was searching for an engagement ring and had a general idea of what I wanted it to look like, I had been recommended to go to DeScenza by a friend who made a purchase here and was very happy with it. I went in to the store and I met Cristin who would be helping me. She was... Read More incredibly helpful. I was able to tell her a type of ring that I was thinking about and right away she was ready with answers, suggestions, plenty of setting types and of course diamonds. Right off the bat I let her know what my budget was and she did everything to make sure my purchase is exactly what I wanted and was in my price range. I was able to actually look at the diamond itself under a lense which from what I understand a lot of jewelry stores won't let you do. I got a crash course in diamonds and what to look for when picking one out. She was patient with me and I could tell that she cared just as much about this ring looking great as much as I did. With this experience and my buddy's experience (he didn't have Cristin but was just as thrilled with the woman that helped him) it goes to show that you can trust the people that work here. I would 100% recommend this to anyone looking for any kind of meaningful jewelry. The ring came out perfect and better than what my "general idea" was when walking in there.

2014-10-29T10:20:39 Response from the vendor

Congratulations! Thanks so much for letting us help with the process!

Engagement Ring

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

I just purchased an engagement ring for me soon to be fiance (hopefully!). It was a great experience! I worked with Cristin and she was extremely informative and funny! A very knowledgeable gemologist. My brother worked with Cristin on getting an engagement ring for his fiance... Read More as well, and had the same experience. I highly recommend DeScenza!

2014-10-29T10:17:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the review- and good luck with the proposal!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Nicole P

There isn't enough space to say enough nice things about Cristin O' Rourke and DeScenza. The idea of buying an engagement ring was overwhelming and stressful. Cristin spoke to me on the phone for over an hour trying to get a feel for what I wanted and what we were looking... Read More for. The amount of work that she put in to finding the perfect diamond has gone over very well with my fiancé. The engagement ring is perfect ,more than I could have imagined with my price range and the band matches the engagement ring perfectly. I thank her so much for all the work that she has done and will continue to go to her for all future jewelry decisions!!!

2014-10-20T21:24:15 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words:)

DeScenza Diamonds and Cristin O'Rourke

Reviewed on 9/22/2014

Myself and my family have done business with DeScenzas for a few years now. This was my first experience with Cristin and also buying a Diamond. I can not tell you enough how great she was. From her knowledge with diamonds and my lack thereof, how she just made the whole... Read More experience so easy and not stressful. From the day that I met her, it was so smooth and easy because of her. Working with my budget and having the selection she brought out was great. I left with a gorgeous ring for my future wife and also enough knowledge to be able to hold a conversation talking about a diamond. She truly was terrific. I was just so happy with my experience because Cristin O'Rourke was so helpful and great. Shes amazingly caring and just loves her job. I would recommend my experience to absolutely anyone.

Outstanding Service

Reviewed on 9/12/2014

My girlfriend and I started looking at rings in February of this year. Cristin in the Hingham store was extremely helpful and informative. Not once did I feel pressured at all, in fact she did not ask if I would be back(or even ask for my contact information). She simply gave me... Read More her card and if I had any other questions please let her know. My girlfriend a couple months later went in on her own to meet with Cristin. Again, Cristin was extremely helpful and spent alot of her time with my girlfriend. At no point did she feel pressured at all and came home from that meeting ecstatic that she now KNEW what she wanted and liked. I now had an idea and returned to see Cristin with my mother. Her service once again was great and made it very easy for my mother and I to understand. As we requested to look at different options it became obvious which one we wanted. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to utilize them for their diamond needs.

Great Service!

Reviewed on 9/05/2014 Jamie B

Loved working with DeScenza for our wedding bands. They were transparent with cost, helpful with budgeting, and gave us the best valued rings. Great customer service and always friendly interactions.

Descenza Diamonds

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Brynn R

I am a 3rd generation Descenza Diamonds customer. Both sets of my grandparents used Descenza's, followed by my parents, and now myself. I worked with Cristin at the Hingham location for about 3 hours and left in tears (very happy tears). I had a general idea of what engagement... Read More ring I wanted and my budget and Cristin did the rest of the work. Her knowledge of and passion for diamonds made the lengthy process enjoyable and informative. She showed me many options within my price range and went over every detail until we both knew we had found the perfect diamond. Same story with the band. Leaving the store even more excited than when I came in, my soon-to-be fiancé then managed the payments. The ring was made the next day and pictures were sent to my fiancé to ensure his happiness. Since we live in Virginia, phone communication was vitally important to the payment process and delivery. My fiancé made a few payments and then gave the go-ahead for shipment. The ring arrived next-day and in perfect condition. He was so excited about it that he proposed earlier than planned. We were both extremely happy with the entire process and are excited to continue the family tradition of lifelong Descenza purchases!

Reviewed on 6/09/2014

Family Jeweler Strikes Gold

Reviewed on 6/09/2014 Lydia B

My grandparents use DeScenzas for all their jewelry needs. My mother uses DeScenza's. I even helped my step-father pick out my mother's current engagement ring when I was 8-years-old. DeScenza's was an easy choice for me to start looking for an engagement ring earlier this year.... Read More From the moment I walked through the door, the process was comfortable and professional. There was never any pressure from the employees to buy anything except exactly what I wanted. In particular, Cristin at the Hingham store spent hours with me until I found the perfect diamond and setting. Not only I was pleased with the final product, but also (and more importantly), my fiancée loves how the ring came out. Although expensive, I feel like I got my money's worth. My fiancée and I plan to use DeScenza's for our wedding rings, and I plan to be life-long customer.

Make this your last stop

Reviewed on 5/20/2014

My first visit to a jewelry store was in Downtown Crossing. There are dozens of stores in the area, however most felt like walking into a used car lot. The salespeople were pushing items and offering bogus discounts. After being disappointed time and again I decided to venture... Read More to the south shore where I grew up. Fifteen minutes after meeting Cristin at DeScenza I knew I would buy the ring there. Not only does she know more about diamonds and jewelry than any person I came across, but she genuinely cared about her job and finding the perfect ring for my fiancé. I already knew the basics when I went her after visiting a dozen other stores and listening to all of the spiels, but Cristin was still able to teach me about diamonds, rings, and style. She made the entire experience enjoyable.