Cake Stands, Cake Cutting + Serving, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

853 Bustleton Pike, Richboro, PA (215) 953-8881

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Amanda B

Our wedding cake could not have been more perfect! Our cake was exactly what I wanted, and could not of asked for more. Desserts by Design did an amazing job! I am beyond grateful for their work in creating a perfect wedding cake and adding an amazing memory to our day.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Brittany D

Monica was so great! My husband and I enjoyed our cake tasting and talking with her about our choices. She made some recommendations and we're glad we took her advice! Our cake was absolutely beautiful and was SO good!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Megan S

Desserts by Design did an awesome job with our wedding cake. The finished product was beautiful, and they were able to incorporate gorgeous flowers from our florist into the design. They made an adorable cupcake display for my bridal shower before the wedding as well.

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Cathy B

Let me first start off by warning everyone, to be EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY cautious if using this place to select your wedding cake. We used this bakery in April for a Bridal shower. We were referred by our vendor to use them, as where my Brother and his soon to be wife for their... Read More wedding cake by a different hall being used for the wedding. We sat with Monika and designed (a very expensive) bridal shower cake. It was to be a three tiered, raspberry and lemon cake with intricate mickey mouse fondant designs cascaded down the cake (approx. 50-60 of them), scroll work, wording and edible design. While the hall gave us $57.00 towards the cake, the bakery charged us an additional $443.00. The cake was designed EXQUISITE! A few weeks before the shower, we had emailed the image to be screened on the cake and asked if anything was wrong, to let us know. We never got confirmation that the image was even received, we had to call. When the cake came the morning of the shower, it looked like they gave a bag of flower, and pipping bag to a 5 year old child and said, "Have Fun". There were maybe 10 total that looked just like balls of fondant. The icing was spread so thin on the cake, you could see the swirls of raspberry through the pound cake and what appeared to be burns on the cake. It was totally lopsided. The image on the cake was so dark it looked like a blob just thrown on there, the writing on the cake was off to the side and barely legible. The dowel rod was poking up through the top of the cake, bad enough we had to figure out something to put on top of the cake. There was zero scroll work, the sweet table came with only half of what we ordered, our vendor had to defrost THEIR desserts to make up for the loss. And both Raspberry pound cakes were so dry, guests were asking for drinks. When the mother of the bride called the bakery the next day the girl Anna on the phone kept apologizing and said Vick would make it right and that he would call her back. She had to chase him down the next day to hear him tell her his designer called out last minute and he was sorry. She explained this was a $500.00 cake, and any professional business owner would have went into their place of business to make sure the cake was perfect going out the door, especially with a wedding cake being ordered from there. He continued to make excuses for the bakery, and said he needed to speak to his wife about refunding her the money and would call her the following morning. after receiving no phone call, she called the bakery at 1pm and was told Vick was expected in 30 minutes and would call her. 1 1/2 hours later she called and was told he was at a funeral and could only give her $200 back. After fighting for a few more days we did eventually get all of our money back minus what the hall paid and the money for the sweet table, that they have yet to call me and explain why the whole thing was not delivered, But I would avoid trusting or using this bakery for a cake as big as a wedding cake if they can do this to someone who spent well over $500 on a bridal shower cake!!! The cake tasting is very deceiving.

Reviewed on 3/25/2017 Alyssa M

Monika was very helpful and accommodating, especially when my indecisiveness got the best of me! When I finally decided the design I wanted for my wedding cake, I sent her a picture and the Desserts by Design team perfectly executed my vision! The cake was beautiful -- and... Read More delicious! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 David K

Dana and his team are amazing!!! Our original baker dropped out 2 1/2 weeks prior to our wedding. A call to Dana on Wednesday got us a tasting on Thursday and everything was smooth sailing from there. Every one of our guests told us not only how beautiful our cake looked but... Read More also how great it tasted!!! Dana - you saved our day and helped make it perfect for us!!! If you want the perfect cake for your wedding then you need to go see won't be disappointed!!!!!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Jessica S

Desserts by Design did a great job on our cake! Very low price (through their connection with NVCC) and it looked fabulous and just like the picture we gave them. They were very thorough at our meeting with setting the details, which my husband and I appreciated. Their pound... Read More cake is very tasty! We went with the chocolate chip, which was really great. They were able to work with a very intense, and kind of heavy topper, which was also appreciated. The only reason they don't get a higher review from me is because we had a few weird encounters with them that didn't leave the greatest taste in my mouth, and might deter me from working with them in the future. Nothing wildly deal breaking, but just not thrilling enough for a 5 star review. We didn't get any sort of contract or form, and with all of the chaos, I completely forgot a due date for our payment. We received a kind of rude call when we were apparently a month late making us feel ridiculous for being late and demanding that we bring it in within 24 hours. I understand that the root of the problem was mine and my husband's fault, but when we had slipped by deadlines with other vendors we weren't treated that way at all. Most vendors respond with a reminder a day or two after the deadline and say something like "I know wedding planing is chaotic no worries, just get it to me ASAP," and of course we always apologized and did just that. I didn't appreciate Desserts by Design waiting until the absolute last moment (less than two weeks before my wedding, a very stressful point in planning) and making me feel like some negligent idiot, and stressing me out with the super tight deadline thereafter without considering how busy that time was for us or the fact that we might be working within that 24 hours (which we were). They also gave me very specific instructions about my cake topper and then I guess didn't keep a record of it for themselves, because they had no idea why I was bringing it into the bakery the day before my wedding (as instructed at my consult and tasting), which was a little bit stressful for me. I was then once again talked to like I made a mistake or was some kind of idiot, but assured me that they would take care of it ("my mistake"). I also got a text from the woman we were working with on our wedding cake less than two weeks before our big day asking what kind of cake we chose months prior, which made me feel a little bit uneasy about all of the details we went over at that time. In the end, they did a great job and everything turned out totally fine. Our cake was delicious and our topper worked out beautifully, and the cake looked great, which I'm sure was no easy feat. But, they added a bit of stress to my planning, which yields a 3 star for me.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Chelsea A

We went to Desserts by Design through our venue. I was a little unsure about what I actually wanted but finally settled on a cake design I was happy with. When the cake arrived, it was only a white cake when we had asked for a gray cake (no white at all). Not sure what... Read More happened but otherwise it was great and they were very helpful!

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Carolann H

Our wedding cake could not have been more perfect! Our cake was exactly what I wanted and Desserts by Design did an amazing job! I enjoyed working with them and they made our cake exactly as I wanted. I am beyond grateful for their work in creating a perfect wedding cake and... Read More adding an amazing memory to our day.

Fantastic vendor!

Reviewed on 4/23/2015 Caitlyn M

Desserts by Design did an INCREDIBLE job with our wedding cake and we cannot thank them enough for the amazing customer service that they provided. We had met with the previous owner for a tasting and to discuss our wedding cake, so to make a long story short, we ended up having... Read More a very last minute meeting (the week of our wedding) with the new owners, Vic and Monika. They scheduled a last minute tasting with us to ensure us that nothing had changed on that end. Vic truly went out of his way to make sure that my husband and I were comfortable and confident working with them, considering we had only worked with the previous owners. The tasting was awesome and both Vic and his wife were so hospitable and accommodating. I had a very specific design that I had wanted and discussed with the precious owner and Vic assured me that there would be no issues. He even had the cake decorator personally call me to talk through everything, which really put me at ease. Vic was AWESOME to work with and our cake came out PERFECTLY! Exactly what I had asked for and envisioned. It was also SO delicious and many of our guests went out of their way to tell us how much they enjoyed it. We will be using Desserts by Design again in the future and cannot thank them enough for creating our dream cake!

Looked great

Reviewed on 5/16/2014 Jennifer V

Cake was absolutely beautiful and exactly what we discussed in our meeting. The color of the trim was a bit off, even though I dropped off a swatch 2 weeks prior. Regardless, they were great to work with and very professional.

Wedding review

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Rory M

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! Doris was so easy to work with and created the cake we wanted!

Beautiful & delicious!

Reviewed on 4/28/2013 Danielle N

The most delicious cake ever!!!! Great to work with! Beautiful design. Highly recommended!

Loved Our Cake

Reviewed on 10/07/2012 Brittanie B

We went to Doris with a partial idea and a cake topper. From there she sketched out a few ideas and even made a sample so that we could see how our ideas would look like in icing. She helped us get exactly what we wanted and we couldn't be happier with our cake. It was PERFECT... Read More not to mention that it was absolutely delicious! Go here!

Reviewed on 9/12/2012 Jen Z

We loved our wedding cake!!! Not only was it gorgeous, it was delicious!!!! Doris is awesome ... Designed our cake exactly like we discussed. The cake was so beautiful I wish I could have a model of the cake for my house (lol). Fantastic job!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2012 Elizabeth A

My dessert spread, the cake and even my grooms cake were amazing! The desserts were delicious and the presentation was exceptional! I would highly recommend Dessert by Design!

Fall Theme Cake

Reviewed on 12/02/2011 Shea N

My cake was apart of my venue package but I wanted to have the cake in leaves, acorns, and pumpkins to fit my fall themed wedding. They did and beautiful job!!! It was very classy as well as yummy!

Cake of the Night!

Reviewed on 10/19/2011 katherine m

Doris Did a wonderful Job! IT was soo What i waned! It was the talk of the Night! Also Tasted so good! I will be going here for all my cakes Now!! Loved the raspberry Pound Cake!! ANd the dessert Table looked like a master piece! The girls loved that they got there own cake!... Read More Thanks Brookside Manor for Doing Business with Desserts by Design!!

More than what I asked for

Reviewed on 10/10/2011 Young-In C

Doris did an amazing job decorating the cake. I sent her some of my ideas and she did a version of hers. I absolutely loved everything about it.

Reviewed on 9/01/2011 Veronica S

My guests raved about how delicious my wedding and grooms cake were at the reception. I had a beautiful 4 tiered wedding cake, exactly matched to our colors. AND a customized Flyers grooms cake as a surprise for my hubby. He loved it and so did our guests! Delicious...Desserts... Read More by Design :)

Reviewed on 8/08/2011 Kami S

We had the best chocolate chip pound cake from Desserts by Design in Richboro... The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout the entire design process and was very responsive to any questions we had. They sent us home with a cake tasting tray- several kinds of cake topped... Read More with different icings so we didn't have to make a decision right at the bakery.