Destination Wedding Studio

Florida Keys, Key West and Southern Florida

Weaving your unique love story with your dreams...

Award-winning boutique destination wedding & design company, Destination Wedding Studio specializes in full-service design, planning, & management for the couple that wants a beautiful & unforgettable wedding celebration. Destination Wedding Studio’s work has been featured in The Knot and Southern Bride Magazines, Style Me Pretty, Borrowed and Blue, Grey Likes Weddings, Wedding Chicks, Loverly, Every Last Detail; and DWS was selected as one of the first WeddingWire Ambassadors, The Knot’s Best of Weddings for three consecutive years and recently became a member of Style Me Pretty's Little Black Book, a hand-selected, highly curated collection of some of the wedding industry's most sought after vendors. "While others may take care of the event, you need someone to watch over your Heart."

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Bow2018

Florida Keys, Key West and Southern Florida (847) 612-4712
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Danielle M

Looking for a wedding planner for a destination wedding is a bit intimidating. You are entrusting someone miles away with your vision and planning of such a significant event in your life. From the moment my husband and I spoke to Peggy from Destination Wedding Studio we knew we... Read More found the perfect fit. We were planning on something less traditional and more intimate and she took the time to listen and engage us as a couple, making suggestions and giving advice without steering us away from our original ideas. We were looking for a private venue where we could host our closest family and friends as well as the ceremony and reception. She made the excellent suggestion of looking in the Florida Keys and after visiting we were sold. She came across an amazing property that was beyond our wildest dreams and worked with us to fit it into our budget, going above and beyond to make it work. Having not seen the property until we arrived the weekend of the wedding we were blown away and never happier that she did not let us look elsewhere. Largo Resort in Key Largo was what we wanted and more. Everything about this private estate is stunning from the guest bungalows, main lodge, fresh water pool, gorgeous landscaping, and mind blowing gulf views to the incredibly gracious and hardworking staff. A big thank you to Kathryn, Jeannette, Juan, and Joaquin at Largo. We still can’t fathom how this became a reality for us, but it did thanks to Peggy, her amazing team, and their recommendations. Each vendor we dealt with raved about how great it was to work with Peggy and we truly benefitted from those great relationships. We received remarkable service and were thrilled with the final outcome. The real moment of awe came when we saw the final wedding day details. Peggy is a true designer at heart and somehow managed to transform a beautiful venue into something even more beautiful. She used every space creating a unique and inviting atmosphere throughout the property. The tablescapes were absolutely stunning and her ability to combine elements in such a distinctive way using the natural surroundings is beyond amazing. We would not hesitate to recommend Destination Wedding Studio to any bride or groom. If you are looking for someone who can guide and take you through this process seamlessly with an uncanny eye for great detail and stunning décor you should look no further than Peggy and her fantastic team at Destination Wedding Studio. Their mission is to “watch over your heart” and they do and so much more.

Our Wedding at the Biltmore Coral Gables

Reviewed on 3/07/2014

Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio were absolutely amazing! They are a premium wedding planning venue for destination assistance. We requested an intimate wedding ceremony on my husband's Birthday and they handled every special detail. We truly had not a worry in the... Read More world and enjoyed the most relaxing memorable week of our life!! Five stars to the impeccable taste and service that they provide. The photographer, Evan was amazing as well! We highly recommend Peggy and her staff. We would do it all over again tomorrow, it was a dream come true!

Best decision in our wedding planning!

Reviewed on 2/08/2014 Megan S

Peggy Russell of Destination Wedding Studios was fantastic! She has a wonderful vision and guided me to make our wedding day better than I ever imagined. Peggy is very positive, professional, kind and accommodating. She had wonderful connections in the wedding industry and had... Read More many creative ideas that made our day unique. Peggy felt like a family member at our wedding. My mom, husband, dad etc. loved her too! I would 100% recommend Peggy to any bride out there considering hiring a wedding planner. Thank you Peggy! We all miss you!

Reviewed on 12/11/2017

When we decided to get married in Key West, it was very important to find the right partner as our wedding planner to bring the best styling, decor and design vision available to the mix -- not simply someone who would look for my direction and then implement, which I think is... Read More pretty easy to find amongst the many planners in Key West, but rather someone who could take our vision, theme and desires and turn it into something better than we could even imagine. In Peggy Russell and DWS, we found such a partner. Not only was Peggy spot on with every vendor she recommended (and they all love working with her, which helps immensely in bringing together an incredible day/event), but she also delivered the most gorgeous wedding we could have imagined. People often say - "something always goes wrong with a wedding" -- well, I can honestly say that not only did nothing go wrong, but it was better and more seamless than expected. The working collaboration in the months leading up to the event were a great balance of give and take -- one of my favorite working sessions was with Peggy and the florist (Duarte) and they so impressed me with their creativity and style; I knew at that moment that they were experts in their craft. On the day of, we were able to soak in every second of our celebration -- to enjoy every detail, ever beautiful flower and detail on our incredible dinner table, dancing with our guests and watching everyone be delighted and charmed with the design elements and overall feel, while not having to sweat the details because Peggy and her assistant were on top of everything. I can't say enough about how great this partnership was -- when you see the pictures of how gorgeous her decor and design has been for weddings, know that she will do that for you and more in line with your own inspiration and style. Thank you Peggy!!! You're the best.

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Christina T

Nov 18th, 2017 - Jersey Bride - Key West Wedding. I honestly don't know where to start. The whole wedding process can be a bit stressful however everything pulled together perfectly and I know it was because I hired the right wedding planner. Prior to talking with Peggy... Read More (Destination Wedding Studios) I made a few other phone calls but was constantly rushed off the phone. What a relief when I finally got Peggy on the phone. Our initial conversation was about 30 minutes talking about ideas and options, going through photos and discussing my vision. She completely understood what I wanted and my goodness, she pulled it together perfectly. Her design was exactly what I dreamed about and more. A quick note to a new bride. No matter who you hire as your planner you will have to contact different vendors (DJ, photographer, hair and make-up) and find who works best with you. Peggy does provide a vendor list however take the time to research. Once you hire everyone Peggy will take over. She will set timelines with everyone and will communicate with everyone for the big day. Your only job will be to show up at the wedding. This was such a relief because once I arrived in Key West I did not want to do anything except enjoy my vacation and my wedding weekend. In terms of your wedding design please let her do her thing. I promise you wont be disappointed. She picked out the most beautiful chargers and linens and design elements. Everyone at my wedding said it looked like a pintrest wedding. Peggy also hooked me up with a fantastic florist (Monika with Duarte Floral Design) who I highly recommend. Peggy and Monika worked simultaneously together designing hanging structures, center pieces, lanterns. Even with the stress of Hurricane Irma we pulled through and that weekend was the best weekend of my life. I am so grateful for Peggy and her team - xox Penny :) for making my entire weekend a weekend to remember. I can't believe it's over.

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Maria Luisa I

Peggy Russell with her team (Destination Wedding Studio) was my wedding planner for my wedding in Islamorada, FL on 11/18/17. My wedding was a weekend event. It started Friday with a welcome dinner, Saturday church wedding and reception, and Sunday farewell brunch. Peggy and her... Read More team helped me coordinate and plan all of these events. We started planning everything in July of 2017 so we only had 5 months to put everything together. I most say that Peggy was amazing throughout the whole process. She helped me find vendors for everything I wanted, she didn't push anyone on me so I felt comfortable following her advice since I felt she had my best interest at heart. She then helped put together the whole timeline for the 3 days and make sure all the little details (and there are a million of them) were all taken care off. She also helped deal with my fiance (now husband) who was being a complete groom-zilla. She knew everyone and every place in the Keys which was super helpful because she was able to ask for favors or give recommendations for everything we needed. At the end I had my fairy tale wedding, I seriously couldn't have asked for a better wedding and a big part of it was all due to Peggy's work. In conclusion, I highly recommend her services, she is super competent, professional and cares so much about her brides. She told me many times that she loves all her brides and her main job is "watching over their heart" and that is completely true since it showed with all her work and dedication.

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Laura B

It is as simple as this...Peggy is worth her weight in gold, diamonds, platinum...you name it! There is nothing easy about planning a wedding, however when doing it thousands of miles away from the intended venue there can be a few spanners in the works to keep you on your toes.... Read More The biggest of these spanners being hurricane Irma. Myself and my now husband, Andy, had always planned to get hitched in the Florida Keys. A slight snag in our planning was that we live in Northern Ireland. This meant finding the perfect wedding planner was always a necessity, and no-one was recommended as highly as Peggy Russell. This is one of the rare occasions when someone lived up to 'all the hype'. Her sense of style, vision and simply her personable nature made everything easy and straightforward. From our first conversation Peggy made me feel at ease and I knew we were in a very capable pair of hands. Everything was running smoothly, until 4 weeks prior to the wedding Irma devastated our venue and suddenly we had 50+ people flying from the UK/Ireland with no wedding to attend. Peggy to the rescue! With the help of the staff at our original venue (Hawk's Cay Resort) a new location was found and sussed out by Peggy within days. In those few horrible hours when it looked like we would have to abandon our wedding in paradise, Peggy was always at the end of a phone or email offering support and reassurance. She turned everything around within 48 hours, having met with the event staff at the new venue (Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne - who I also could not praise enough) and found new vendors. At the outset Peggy promised me my 'dream wedding' and despite everything, she MORE THAN DELIVERED! I had the most beautiful wedding, although not where I dreamed, but it could not have been more prefect. If you are looking for a wedding planner, then I suggest look no further. Peggy is dynamic, creative, professional and all round fabulous. She will take good care of you and your wedding, even when a hurricane hits and all looks lost! Thanks again Peggy for saving my big day!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Jess M

I will go ahead and echo everyone who has reviewed Peggy and her team at Destination Wedding Studio, they made our day simply amazing! I am a CONTROL freak, and super anal retentive so I can tell you she is quite adept at dealing with multiple personalities and she has an... Read More amazingly calming presence! Planning a destination wedding can be tough, and Peggy was able to outline every detail prior to for us to make sure all of our i's were dotted and our t's were crossed. She does a majority of the weddings at Hawk's Cay so we felt at ease with how well they knew the staff and the property as well. I had a general idea of what I wanted, but Peggy was able to reign in all the images I had in my head to create an extremely classy design! She has the vision you need whether you want to retain some or most of the creative control or you would like her to take care of it completely! She was also AMAZING at helping me work within my decorating budget. We had some very minor issues pop up during the event and they were able to handle them without us even realizing it was happening! On top of that they took care of our family as if they were their own! Can't say enough about Peggy and her husband, such amazing people with the biggest hearts!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Meghan B

Peggy went above and beyond her role as our Day-Of Coordinator. We began weekly phone calls to discuss details and the timeline about 2 months before the big day. Hurricane Irma hit Key West less than a month before our wedding and for a couple weeks we didn't know if we... Read More would be able to pull it off. Peggy was absolutely amazing in calming my nerves, easing my stress, and even found us a Plan B venue just in case. Luckily we were able to get married in Key West and Peggy totally brought my wedding day vision to life! She is so talented, kind, organized, creative and has the biggest heart. We can't thank Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio enough for making everything so perfect!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Amy H

I worked with Destination Weddings/Peggy Russell and had an amazing experience. Peggy knows how to capture and implement all the intricate details of a wedding and bring a bride and grooms vision to life. She kept me organized, focused and made my dream wedding a reality. The... Read More best part, she's funny, real and simply put, it feels like your planning your wedding with a dear friend. We had a perfectly executed wedding and received tons of compliments. We adored working with Peggy and Destination Weddings and highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Laurie W

I will be echoing everyone else's sentiments here and say that Peggy and her team are fantastic. Peggy's design sense is unparalleled and her ability to understand my vision at the very beginning meant that every detail was executed to a tee. More importantly, she has a "can do"... Read More attitude that put me at ease and made the planning process much more pleasant. The DWS team made my wedding come to life in ways I could have never imagined and I can honestly say that they were invaluable to my sanity and enjoyment the day of. I highly recommend Peggy and her team, they were hands down the best investment I made!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Laurie R

Reviewed on 6/02/2017

Our wedding was perfect thanks to Peggy Russell of Destination Wedding Studio. We had the most beautiful wedding. Peggy is very professional, kind and lovely to work with. Peggy took the time to learn our story, which made us feel blessed. We wanted only the best and the wedding... Read More planning and design far exceeded our expectations. Being perfectionists we knew planning our wedding would be a difficult task but Peggy was very accommodating and worked with us down to the finest detail all from the other side of the world. Peggy brought our dream wedding to life and words can’t express how perfect everything was. Peggy gave great advice and everyone who attended was extremely impressed with the result. The organization was impeccable and made our special day so relaxing, it was a dream come true. Peggy and her team made our wedding magical.

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Barbara G

We first met Peggy as a planner for our intimate wedding package at Hawks Cay Resort in November 2016. She was so caring and responsive and planned everything so nicely that we hired her for our "bigger" reception in April 2017 in Hemingway Home. And I must say Peggy is a true... Read More artist, she has exquisite taste and she did the most beautiful and tasteful decorations I've ever seen. My husband is from the hospitality industry himself, so he had very high standards in table settings, but he was so happy with what she did, and our guests were amazed and everyone took pictures of the table and floral arrangements! We both were so pleased working with her, she is almost like an auntie or a close relative that takes such a great care of you and she definitely became someone very meaningful to us throughout the process. She also helped us to pick perfect vendors, we were satisfied with everyone. Highly recommend Peggy for weddings in Keys, which she is extremely knowledgeable about.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Sarah M

Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio made our wedding a DREAM! We did 4 separate events with them as the planner. We were ABSOLUTELY thrilled! Each event was outstanding and more than we could have ever dreamed of. She knows all the right people and designers and just made... Read More it all happen. We live 3000 miles from the wedding site and Peggy took care of all the details. She made our visions come to life in ways we never would have been able to do. They are incredible. I could not say enough. We are two busy executives with no time to plan, we were blending two families, and two different cultures, Peggy made it stunning and wonderful. We literally could just focus on our family and friends, and pretty much just show up :) HIRE THEM, I'd use them time and time again for anything in the areas they cover. WONDERFUL!

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Heather P

Coming from Maryland I knew that I would need a wedding planner to help with my wedding in the Florida Keys. I am so happy and grateful that I came across Peggy and Destination Wedding Studio! I never had much of a vision for my wedding day, and Peggy did an incredible job of... Read More turning my vague ideas into an amazingly beautiful wedding. Despite the fact that I gave her very little direction, my wedding ended up looking like something from Pinterest or a bridal magazine! Not to mention, there was very little stress and effort on my part. I kept wondering what I was doing wrong- shouldn't I be feeling more stress?? Peggy was always accessible to me via phone and email, despite my odd work hours. Peggy took great care of us, and all I had to do on the day of was show up to my wedding on time. No worrying about vendors, flowers, or anything else. Everything went flawlessly and my guests were in awe by the wedding table. I can tell that Peggy treats each wedding as if it were her own family's! Truly my only regret is not getting in touch with her before I spent hours and hours searching for the right venue in Florida. I really cannot say enough about Peggy and would encourage anyone who is planning a wedding in the Florida Keys to use her services.

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Samantha T

Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio were great! From the first time I met Peggy, she understood our vision completely; it was meant to be. Her architectural background really makes her special, as she understands the space, has great taste, and a keen eye. We mostly... Read More worked over the phone and via e-mail and everything still turned out perfectly. The wedding turned out amazing, and everyone is still talking about it months later!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Amanda M

From the moment we found our venue to the day of our beautiful wedding, Peggy from Destination Wedding Studio was with us every step of the way. As a bride who didn’t necessarily know all the details that I wanted and also didn’t have a specific “vision” in mind, Peggy was able... Read More to make me feel at ease and bring together the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen (I may be biased but our guests thought so too!). Every detail was perfection and meaningful to us as a couple which was something that was very important to us. Our intimate beach reception looked like something straight from a magazine and it was more than I could have ever hoped for. Every vendor we chose during the process had the same response: “I love working with Peggy” and my husband and I were able to see that the way that everyone came together and worked so seamlessly the day of the wedding. The week before the wedding all vendors were contacted by Peggy with timelines and locations and I did not once have to think about whether someone would be there , who was meeting them or what location they were going to be in. As a bride it was the least stressful experience I could have imagined. I can not recommend Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio team highly enough. Their mission statement “we will watch over your heart” could not be truer. I am so thankful I trusted Peggy with our “heart” to bring together the gorgeous beach wedding of our dreams.

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Brad F

Peggy was a pleasure to work with for our wedding at Hawk's Cay! Having planned most of the details ourselves, we were required to have a day-of coordinator and I am SO happy we selected Peggy! She saw to every last minute detail and handled all the strong personalities in my... Read More family so we could just enjoy ourselves. I heartily recommend her to anyone getting married in this area. She was organized and thoughtful, with an eye for detail. She took instruction very well and gave it out when needed. We were lucky to have her!!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 June N

As the mother of the bride, I was blown away by Peggy's professionalism and thoroughness. She was calming and assured me that she was going to handle everything. I was able to enjoy my daughter's wedding and know that all the details were taken care of.

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Brandon G

Peggy was so nice and helpful! I was nervous because I planned everything from Arizona but Peggy and her team made sure everything was perfect!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Ann K

My daughter got married in Vero Beach, Florida in April. It was three hours north of Peggy and her team's normal wedding planning territory. It was also in a location that has not yet evolved wedding destination. Services in the area were more limited and not as routine.... Read More Peggy and Destination Wedding Studio did a fantastic job "thinking out of the box" .My daughter had a vision and Peggy pulled that vision together and more! Peggy was at our beck and call. She came up repeatedly to review the space, go through the day, figure out the transportation to and from the hotel, church, reception and after party. She worked with all the vendors in a seamless way. She worked tirelessly the weekend of the wedding and did not stop until the wedding was over. The wedding was absolutely fantastic and she helped make a magical night for my daughter and son-in-law.....

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Kait B

I don't even know where to begin. Working with Peggy and the team was such an amazing experience. We were taken through every step with such care and detail making our big day such a stress free event! You will have a consultation with Peggy to start things off. She has a... Read More whole check list of items that you probably didn't think of and makes sure that you get exactly what you want. We selected the day of package which is not just day of and it was perfect for us. The week before the wedding, Peggy was always able to be reached and was very involved. I felt so taken care of and stress free that I almost felt like I was doing something wrong lol I would highly recommend this service to any bride coming from out of town. They know every resort and vendor and will make great recommendations for you. We can't thank you guys enough!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Lindsey K

I am still dreaming about how fantastic our wedding day was in Vero Beach, FL & most of that is thanks to how amazing Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio team was. Planning: Peg helped keep our family and vendors organized and always came prepared to any meetings to go... Read More over timelines, etc. She was willing to be a part of our whole weekend, not just the wedding night which really made a difference for our guests. Details: Peg is very creative and was able to bring a lot of inspiration once we explained our vision. She was able to work well and willingly with all of our (many) ideas as well. Coordination: We had a larger wedding (and very large wedding party) and Peg and the team really worked to keep us calm throughout the whole night. They worked extra hard leading up to the wedding with some last minute changes to ensure everything would run smoothly. If your looking for some creative inspiration and for a team that makes your wedding both beautiful but feel extra special than Destination Wedding Studio should be your go-to team!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016

Peggy Russell and the Destination Wedding Studio team made our wedding day more magical than we ever dreamed. Peggy was amazing from the very first phone call and responded to my inquiry immediately. We were looking to keep our wedding intimate, simple, and within budget. Other... Read More than that, I wasn't too concerned with details like the color of the chargers or the exact flower type in my bouquet or style of chair covered we used. I had seen some of Peggy's work online and just by talking to her and hearing about her background in design, I knew she could take my (somewhat vague) vision and make it happen. She asked for some of my wedding inspiration, so I sent her pictures of my dress, screen shots from Pinterest and Etsy - a total of about 8 pictures. From that point, I TRUSTED Peggy to make all design choices. She chose the florist and rental company and worked with them to make my vision happen. When I arrived at the Hemingway Home on my wedding day the setting literally took my breath away. It was perfect. Right down to the last detail. She is a true artist. And allowing Peggy the artistic freedom to make design choices, allowed me to enjoy my engagement rather than become stressed with small details. I would highly recommend Peggy and the DWS team to anyone looking to get married in the Keys.