Destination Wedding Studio

Florida Keys, Key West and Southern Florida

Weaving your unique love story with your dreams...

Award-winning boutique destination wedding & design company, Destination Wedding Studio specializes in full-service design, planning, & management for the couple that wants a beautiful & unforgettable wedding celebration. Destination Wedding Studio’s work has been featured in The Knot and Southern Bride Magazines, Style Me Pretty, Borrowed and Blue, Grey Likes Weddings, Wedding Chicks, Loverly, Every Last Detail; and DWS was selected as one of the first WeddingWire Ambassadors, The Knot’s Best of Weddings for three consecutive years and recently became a member of Style Me Pretty's Little Black Book, a hand-selected, highly curated collection of some of the wedding industry's most sought after vendors. "While others may take care of the event, you need someone to watch over your Heart."

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Florida Keys, Key West and Southern Florida (847) 612-4712
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Danielle M

Looking for a wedding planner for a destination wedding is a bit intimidating. You are entrusting someone miles away with your vision and planning of such a significant event in your life. From the moment my husband and I spoke to Peggy from Destination Wedding Studio we knew we... Read More found the perfect fit. We were planning on something less traditional and more intimate and she took the time to listen and engage us as a couple, making suggestions and giving advice without steering us away from our original ideas. We were looking for a private venue where we could host our closest family and friends as well as the ceremony and reception. She made the excellent suggestion of looking in the Florida Keys and after visiting we were sold. She came across an amazing property that was beyond our wildest dreams and worked with us to fit it into our budget, going above and beyond to make it work. Having not seen the property until we arrived the weekend of the wedding we were blown away and never happier that she did not let us look elsewhere. Largo Resort in Key Largo was what we wanted and more. Everything about this private estate is stunning from the guest bungalows, main lodge, fresh water pool, gorgeous landscaping, and mind blowing gulf views to the incredibly gracious and hardworking staff. A big thank you to Kathryn, Jeannette, Juan, and Joaquin at Largo. We still can’t fathom how this became a reality for us, but it did thanks to Peggy, her amazing team, and their recommendations. Each vendor we dealt with raved about how great it was to work with Peggy and we truly benefitted from those great relationships. We received remarkable service and were thrilled with the final outcome. The real moment of awe came when we saw the final wedding day details. Peggy is a true designer at heart and somehow managed to transform a beautiful venue into something even more beautiful. She used every space creating a unique and inviting atmosphere throughout the property. The tablescapes were absolutely stunning and her ability to combine elements in such a distinctive way using the natural surroundings is beyond amazing. We would not hesitate to recommend Destination Wedding Studio to any bride or groom. If you are looking for someone who can guide and take you through this process seamlessly with an uncanny eye for great detail and stunning décor you should look no further than Peggy and her fantastic team at Destination Wedding Studio. Their mission is to “watch over your heart” and they do and so much more.

Our Wedding at the Biltmore Coral Gables

Reviewed on 3/07/2014

Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio were absolutely amazing! They are a premium wedding planning venue for destination assistance. We requested an intimate wedding ceremony on my husband's Birthday and they handled every special detail. We truly had not a worry in the... Read More world and enjoyed the most relaxing memorable week of our life!! Five stars to the impeccable taste and service that they provide. The photographer, Evan was amazing as well! We highly recommend Peggy and her staff. We would do it all over again tomorrow, it was a dream come true!

Best decision in our wedding planning!

Reviewed on 2/08/2014 Megan S

Peggy Russell of Destination Wedding Studios was fantastic! She has a wonderful vision and guided me to make our wedding day better than I ever imagined. Peggy is very positive, professional, kind and accommodating. She had wonderful connections in the wedding industry and had... Read More many creative ideas that made our day unique. Peggy felt like a family member at our wedding. My mom, husband, dad etc. loved her too! I would 100% recommend Peggy to any bride out there considering hiring a wedding planner. Thank you Peggy! We all miss you!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Amy H

I worked with Destination Weddings/Peggy Russell and had an amazing experience. Peggy knows how to capture and implement all the intricate details of a wedding and bring a bride and grooms vision to life. She kept me organized, focused and made my dream wedding a reality. The... Read More best part, she's funny, real and simply put, it feels like your planning your wedding with a dear friend. We had a perfectly executed wedding and received tons of compliments. We adored working with Peggy and Destination Weddings and highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Laurie W

I will be echoing everyone else's sentiments here and say that Peggy and her team are fantastic. Peggy's design sense is unparalleled and her ability to understand my vision at the very beginning meant that every detail was executed to a tee. More importantly, she has a "can do"... Read More attitude that put me at ease and made the planning process much more pleasant. The DWS team made my wedding come to life in ways I could have never imagined and I can honestly say that they were invaluable to my sanity and enjoyment the day of. I highly recommend Peggy and her team, they were hands down the best investment I made!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Laurie R

Reviewed on 6/02/2017

Our wedding was perfect thanks to Peggy Russell of Destination Wedding Studio. We had the most beautiful wedding. Peggy is very professional, kind and lovely to work with. Peggy took the time to learn our story, which made us feel blessed. We wanted only the best and the wedding... Read More planning and design far exceeded our expectations. Being perfectionists we knew planning our wedding would be a difficult task but Peggy was very accommodating and worked with us down to the finest detail all from the other side of the world. Peggy brought our dream wedding to life and words can’t express how perfect everything was. Peggy gave great advice and everyone who attended was extremely impressed with the result. The organization was impeccable and made our special day so relaxing, it was a dream come true. Peggy and her team made our wedding magical.

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Barbara G

We first met Peggy as a planner for our intimate wedding package at Hawks Cay Resort in November 2016. She was so caring and responsive and planned everything so nicely that we hired her for our "bigger" reception in April 2017 in Hemingway Home. And I must say Peggy is a true... Read More artist, she has exquisite taste and she did the most beautiful and tasteful decorations I've ever seen. My husband is from the hospitality industry himself, so he had very high standards in table settings, but he was so happy with what she did, and our guests were amazed and everyone took pictures of the table and floral arrangements! We both were so pleased working with her, she is almost like an auntie or a close relative that takes such a great care of you and she definitely became someone very meaningful to us throughout the process. She also helped us to pick perfect vendors, we were satisfied with everyone. Highly recommend Peggy for weddings in Keys, which she is extremely knowledgeable about.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Sarah M

Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio made our wedding a DREAM! We did 4 separate events with them as the planner. We were ABSOLUTELY thrilled! Each event was outstanding and more than we could have ever dreamed of. She knows all the right people and designers and just made... Read More it all happen. We live 3000 miles from the wedding site and Peggy took care of all the details. She made our visions come to life in ways we never would have been able to do. They are incredible. I could not say enough. We are two busy executives with no time to plan, we were blending two families, and two different cultures, Peggy made it stunning and wonderful. We literally could just focus on our family and friends, and pretty much just show up :) HIRE THEM, I'd use them time and time again for anything in the areas they cover. WONDERFUL!

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Heather P

Coming from Maryland I knew that I would need a wedding planner to help with my wedding in the Florida Keys. I am so happy and grateful that I came across Peggy and Destination Wedding Studio! I never had much of a vision for my wedding day, and Peggy did an incredible job of... Read More turning my vague ideas into an amazingly beautiful wedding. Despite the fact that I gave her very little direction, my wedding ended up looking like something from Pinterest or a bridal magazine! Not to mention, there was very little stress and effort on my part. I kept wondering what I was doing wrong- shouldn't I be feeling more stress?? Peggy was always accessible to me via phone and email, despite my odd work hours. Peggy took great care of us, and all I had to do on the day of was show up to my wedding on time. No worrying about vendors, flowers, or anything else. Everything went flawlessly and my guests were in awe by the wedding table. I can tell that Peggy treats each wedding as if it were her own family's! Truly my only regret is not getting in touch with her before I spent hours and hours searching for the right venue in Florida. I really cannot say enough about Peggy and would encourage anyone who is planning a wedding in the Florida Keys to use her services.

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Samantha T

Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio were great! From the first time I met Peggy, she understood our vision completely; it was meant to be. Her architectural background really makes her special, as she understands the space, has great taste, and a keen eye. We mostly... Read More worked over the phone and via e-mail and everything still turned out perfectly. The wedding turned out amazing, and everyone is still talking about it months later!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Amanda M

From the moment we found our venue to the day of our beautiful wedding, Peggy from Destination Wedding Studio was with us every step of the way. As a bride who didn’t necessarily know all the details that I wanted and also didn’t have a specific “vision” in mind, Peggy was able... Read More to make me feel at ease and bring together the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen (I may be biased but our guests thought so too!). Every detail was perfection and meaningful to us as a couple which was something that was very important to us. Our intimate beach reception looked like something straight from a magazine and it was more than I could have ever hoped for. Every vendor we chose during the process had the same response: “I love working with Peggy” and my husband and I were able to see that the way that everyone came together and worked so seamlessly the day of the wedding. The week before the wedding all vendors were contacted by Peggy with timelines and locations and I did not once have to think about whether someone would be there , who was meeting them or what location they were going to be in. As a bride it was the least stressful experience I could have imagined. I can not recommend Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio team highly enough. Their mission statement “we will watch over your heart” could not be truer. I am so thankful I trusted Peggy with our “heart” to bring together the gorgeous beach wedding of our dreams.

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Brad F

Peggy was a pleasure to work with for our wedding at Hawk's Cay! Having planned most of the details ourselves, we were required to have a day-of coordinator and I am SO happy we selected Peggy! She saw to every last minute detail and handled all the strong personalities in my... Read More family so we could just enjoy ourselves. I heartily recommend her to anyone getting married in this area. She was organized and thoughtful, with an eye for detail. She took instruction very well and gave it out when needed. We were lucky to have her!!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 June N

As the mother of the bride, I was blown away by Peggy's professionalism and thoroughness. She was calming and assured me that she was going to handle everything. I was able to enjoy my daughter's wedding and know that all the details were taken care of.

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Brandon G

Peggy was so nice and helpful! I was nervous because I planned everything from Arizona but Peggy and her team made sure everything was perfect!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Ann K

My daughter got married in Vero Beach, Florida in April. It was three hours north of Peggy and her team's normal wedding planning territory. It was also in a location that has not yet evolved wedding destination. Services in the area were more limited and not as routine.... Read More Peggy and Destination Wedding Studio did a fantastic job "thinking out of the box" .My daughter had a vision and Peggy pulled that vision together and more! Peggy was at our beck and call. She came up repeatedly to review the space, go through the day, figure out the transportation to and from the hotel, church, reception and after party. She worked with all the vendors in a seamless way. She worked tirelessly the weekend of the wedding and did not stop until the wedding was over. The wedding was absolutely fantastic and she helped make a magical night for my daughter and son-in-law.....

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Kait B

I don't even know where to begin. Working with Peggy and the team was such an amazing experience. We were taken through every step with such care and detail making our big day such a stress free event! You will have a consultation with Peggy to start things off. She has a... Read More whole check list of items that you probably didn't think of and makes sure that you get exactly what you want. We selected the day of package which is not just day of and it was perfect for us. The week before the wedding, Peggy was always able to be reached and was very involved. I felt so taken care of and stress free that I almost felt like I was doing something wrong lol I would highly recommend this service to any bride coming from out of town. They know every resort and vendor and will make great recommendations for you. We can't thank you guys enough!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Lindsey K

I am still dreaming about how fantastic our wedding day was in Vero Beach, FL & most of that is thanks to how amazing Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio team was. Planning: Peg helped keep our family and vendors organized and always came prepared to any meetings to go... Read More over timelines, etc. She was willing to be a part of our whole weekend, not just the wedding night which really made a difference for our guests. Details: Peg is very creative and was able to bring a lot of inspiration once we explained our vision. She was able to work well and willingly with all of our (many) ideas as well. Coordination: We had a larger wedding (and very large wedding party) and Peg and the team really worked to keep us calm throughout the whole night. They worked extra hard leading up to the wedding with some last minute changes to ensure everything would run smoothly. If your looking for some creative inspiration and for a team that makes your wedding both beautiful but feel extra special than Destination Wedding Studio should be your go-to team!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016

Peggy Russell and the Destination Wedding Studio team made our wedding day more magical than we ever dreamed. Peggy was amazing from the very first phone call and responded to my inquiry immediately. We were looking to keep our wedding intimate, simple, and within budget. Other... Read More than that, I wasn't too concerned with details like the color of the chargers or the exact flower type in my bouquet or style of chair covered we used. I had seen some of Peggy's work online and just by talking to her and hearing about her background in design, I knew she could take my (somewhat vague) vision and make it happen. She asked for some of my wedding inspiration, so I sent her pictures of my dress, screen shots from Pinterest and Etsy - a total of about 8 pictures. From that point, I TRUSTED Peggy to make all design choices. She chose the florist and rental company and worked with them to make my vision happen. When I arrived at the Hemingway Home on my wedding day the setting literally took my breath away. It was perfect. Right down to the last detail. She is a true artist. And allowing Peggy the artistic freedom to make design choices, allowed me to enjoy my engagement rather than become stressed with small details. I would highly recommend Peggy and the DWS team to anyone looking to get married in the Keys.

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Nicole F

Words cannot express how lucky I was to work with Peggy. I read a lot of reviews online and spoke to many different planners on the phone and ultimately decided on Peggy. She was so easy to talk to and I was completely confident that I chose the right person due to her... Read More experience and knowledge of the Keys. So many planners that I spoke to seemed to be planning multiple weddings each week and felt like I would just be another wedding in the mix. With Peggy, I never felt as if she was too busy and I always felt like a priority. I hired Peggy for her concierge services which was basically full planning and design. My fiancé and I picked our venue and date and Peggy helped with everything else. She gave me excellent recommendations for all of my vendors and I was able to do additional research on them and make the ultimate decision. I never felt pressured to use any specific vendor and she gave me options at different cost levels. I had an idea of what I wanted my wedding day to look like but Peggy was able to put it all together and make it beautiful. There is no way my wedding would have been half of what it was if she was not my planner. She has a great eye for detail and designed the most elegant beach wedding. Peggy was very easy to get in touch with during the entire planning process. She responded very quickly to emails, texts and set up phone calls when needed. She also met me in person a few times since I live in Miami. We met in Miami and also in Islamorada which is where I got married. She walked through my venue with me and the staff at Post Card Inn to help with the design process and also went to the florist with me. The week of my wedding, there was a high chance of rain on my wedding day. The ceremony and reception were all outside and we were unable to move it inside due to the number of guests. Peggy took care of everything and allowed me not to stress. She was able to get me a tent and change the layout of the reception/cocktail area due to using a tent. It didn’t end up raining, but honestly the changes that were made, including adding the tent turned out better than the original plan. The night before the wedding she did the rehearsal with myself and the wedding party and helped organize transportation to and from the rehearsal dinner. The day of the wedding Peggy was there with her husband early setting up and stayed late cleaning everything up and getting everything back to me that I brought to the venue. I was not stressed at all on the day of the wedding and everything was extremely organized. She kept everything on time and I didn’t need to worry about anything. I absolutely loved working with Peggy and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner. She felt more like a friend/family after working with her for so long and you could really tell that she loves what she does. It was obvious that Peggy cared about us and making us happy with the outcome instead of just doing her job and getting a pay check. And honestly, I feel like I gained so much more from her services than what I actually paid and she well exceeded all of my expectations!

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Brittany R

Peggy was great! She worked with me from different time zone. She was patient with me when I was slow to respond to emails. She followed up everything and kept me organized. Day of she also put out lots of fires and overall just made the day run smoothly. My family and bridal... Read More party loved her calmness and sensitivity. I am so glad I found her!

Reviewed on 2/25/2016 Natalie D

Peggy was a life saver! I planned and did everything but there was always something she thought of that I didn't. It wouldn't have been as successful without her and I appreciate her making our day perfect!

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Sal V

We were unbelievably fortunate to happen to find Peggy and her team through an online search... Just the first phone conversation with her was enough to realize we had found the right person for our dream wedding. We had never been to the Keys before and having someone there who... Read More knows it in and out that you could trust was godsend... She was like a close family member that was well experienced and honest and straightforward with us through the whole process... Honestly couldn't imagine anyone else could do a better job... She is a tireless and meticulous at her job and was there late at night and early in the morning and was always there when we needed her and stepped out of the spotlight when it was our time...

Reviewed on 12/19/2015 Rebecca B

To sum up our experience with Peggy in a few words, she is now family. There's nothing better than turning to your bride at the end of the wedding day and hearing her say, "This was the perfect day". Peggy took our vision of what we wanted our wedding to be, and made it a... Read More reality down to the very last detail. We will carry all of the incredible memories derived from the relentless work Destination Wedding Studio put in to create our fairy tale wedding for the rest of our lives. I cannot say enough about how great Peggy and her team are, and will happily speak to anyone considering a planner about our experience. Thank you so much, Peggy! Words cannot express our gratitude

Reviewed on 12/03/2015

My wedding venue, Southernmost House, requires a wedding planner as part of the contract. I selected Destination Wedding Studio mainly for economic reasons. That being said I am very happy that Peggy and her team were watching over my wedding. Peggy worked within my budget to... Read More make my wedding and reception an elegant and beautiful event. The team went above and beyond to handle last minute issues i.e. guest registry, tailoring mishaps, crazy bride :) Thank you Peggy, Penney, Chuck and Rich for making our day Awesome!