Destination Weddings & Honeymoons

Destination-Wedding-Experts.com is a travel agency dedicated to helping couples make their destination wedding and honeymoon dreams come true. We make planning stress-free and will help get the best value for your travel budget. Visit our site & request your free personalized travel quote.

Honeymoon, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings

1150 BOWER PKWY, Suite F3, COLUMBIA, SC

Dream Trip - All via Email

Reviewed on 4/22/2014 Melanie S

If you are looking for someone highly responsive, attentive to your goals AND budget, and willing to work with you long-distance via email or phone, this is it. My fiancé and I had set our sites on an Italian honeymoon. Rome then to the Amalfi coast for a few nights.... Read More Normally I would attempt to book this myself, researching flight times and reviewing hotels, trying to find something within our budget that didn't look like it was 10 miles from the nearest cafe or metro stop. But the idea of trying to navigate Italian rail websites to get the right tickets from Rome to the southern coast was just too much. I went in search of help. Destination Wedding Experts caught my eye because of all the awards and rave reviews they've received, but I was disappointed to find they were "based" in SC. I live in PA. I contacted them anyway and discovered they were willing - and adept! - at working long distance. I have been emailing with a representative, Janet, for about a month now and have been impressed by her responsiveness and professionalism. We came into the process with a pretty strong idea of what we were looking for and she got on board immediately. She found us flights that would get us there without tons of transfers and rooms within our budget. When we decided to splurge and 'upgrade' our hotel picks, she worked with us to find that little extra something - in our case, an ocean view! Each time she emailed us with a new find, she included the names of the hotels so we could search them and read reviews. She also always included the cost, keeping us up to date on what we were spending and where. When it came time to book, she itemized our expenses and confirmed each charge before billing it to be sure we were committed to it - and ready for the charge to go through (very thoughtful). In the end, Janet got us a flight into Rome, transport from the airport to our hotel (by the Spanish Steps!), train tickets to Naples where we'll take a ferry to Sorrento, a hotel in Sorrento, a day trip to Pompeii & Mt.Vesuvius, a day trip to Capri & the blue grotto, and transport from our Sorrento hotel to the Naples airport. She's in the process of researching soccer tickets for us, too! Our wedding and honeymoon are in September of this year, so i'll do my best to report back on the trip itself. In the meantime, I would strongly recommend contacting Destination Wedding Experts about your honeymoon plans.

Honeymoon

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Brett M

Eileen was great to work with. She is professional in all aspects. She made planning our honeymoon a breeze. We simply told here where we were thinking of going, and our budget, and she made it happen. It was super helpful to have someone else plan our honeymoon since we had so... Read More much to do already with planning our wedding. She gave us information on the resort we were going to and promptly answered any questions we had. She also was a huge help when the airlines messed up our flights with cancellations and delays, she immediately jumped in to help!

2014-11-09T21:11:33 Response from the vendor

Glad to be able to help when you needed me! Best wishes for your future together. Let us know if you need help planning your next trip.

Amazing Honeymoon!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Natalie P

When planning our honeymoon we were not really sure where we wanted to go. We knew somewhere tropical but we had traveled on cruises before and wanted something different. At a bridal show I met representatives from Travel Leaders so I decided to make an appointment to see what... Read More our options were. From the beginning they were very accomodating. We could only come in at a certain time so she opened the office just to meet us. She went over the different Sandals resorts with us as we wanted all inclusive. We settled on St Lucia. Travel Leaders took care of EVERYTHING for us!! During the stressful planning of a wedding it was nice having a piece of mind that the honeymoon was all planned for me. From the flight to the transportation to the resort everything was seamless. The Sandals resort was amazing! We were treated like kings and queens. No complaints on anything!! I would definatly book another Sandals vacation and book it through Travel Leaders! As a recommendation- go to St Lucia for your honeymoon!!Words can not descibe the beauty of this place and all the fun you will have there!

2014-11-09T21:13:43 Response from the vendor

Planning special trips like yours is what we love doing, and it makes it even more rewarding when we get to hear what a success it was. Thank you! Let us know when you're ready to go back!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016

About a year and a half ago my now wife and I were looking for ideas and options for a destination wedding, and thought that we had decided on a destination. At the suggestion and referral of a co-worker we set up an appointment with Eileen Nason at travel leaders. We... Read More explained our timeline (1 year or so from that date) and our plans. She gave us our options for our original destination, however also provided us with an alternative to help suit the needs of some of the guests who we hoped would attend our destination wedding. Together we decided on Ocho Rios, Jamaica in the Sandals family of resorts. The shorter trip and budget friendly options made it possible for more of our friends and family to attend. Over the next month I sent multiple emails with names addresses to Eileen and her staff to send out packages to our guests. Each request was greeted with eagerness and was completed swiftly. She followed up with me and stayed in touch with our guests throughout the process. In all, we had 39 people going to a wedding in Jamaica, which astounded and stressed us a little. We had no idea how to coordinate that or plan for it...but Eileen assured us that everything would be taken care of. And again, it was with speed and eagerness. Everyone made it without trouble. All of our wedding requests were fulfilled, and we had the time of our lives. Eileen and her staff worked tireless to make our magical moment happen, and I can say that anyone else would have put as much time and care into making this happen for us. We are forever thankful for the opportunity to work with her. She takes pride in her work, knows what she is doing and truly cares for her clients. I would not recommend, but rather urge you to contact her and her staff if you are considering a destination wedding. It's not just a sign or a motto, they really do know what they are doing. In fact we just met with her the other day to book and plan our next of many trips to come.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Toresa F

Eileen was extremely helpful, throughout, while planning my weddingmoon at Sandals in Negril, Jamaica. She sent pictures of other clients to put my mind at ease since we had only seen pictures on the Sandals website. I am an email person so Eileen was flexible in that nature,... Read More usually responding quickly unless out of town... BUT even while out of town she would ask her team to contact me if she was unable to do something on her own. When I had questions or issues Eileen answered or played the middle man until answers were sought. I will definitely contact Eileen for our next adventure to the Caribbean. She is very knowledgeable about the resorts we discussed.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

Eileen Nason and the staff at Travel Leaders were excellent in helping us plan our destination wedding at Sandals Montego Bay, Jamaica. They were prompt and friendly and provided great customer service to us and our entire wedding party! I highly recommend them to anyone... Read More looking for help planning a destination wedding!

Absolutely The BEST!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Eileen is the BEST!!!!!! Grateful we found her!!!

Aruba Honeymoon

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Alyssa D

Easy to work with, quick response time, very flexible, did 99% of communication via e-mail. Overall great experience

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Carley H

Travel leaders was fantastic!!! Janet helped us plan our destination wedding and honeymoon! It was easy, stress free and she helped us narrow down the perfect location for our wedding!!! I would definitely recommend them!

Love travel leaders

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Amber F

Janet at travel leaders was a breeze to work with and handled everything seamlessly! When you're planning a wedding the last thing you want to worry about is your honeymoon, with travel leaders you won't have to!

Janet Penyak/Travel Leaders

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Andrea B

Janet Penyak was absolutely amazing to work with. She was very friendly, super accommodating, extremely helpful and always responded right away (even on one day when she was off!). She did a great job of scheduling our Honeymoon for us in Mexico. We will definitely use Janet... Read More again if we take any trips moving forward & also refer her to friends/family!

would do it all the same

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

We had a seemless wedding without any worry.. what every bride should have on her special day!

Janet was so helpful!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Katie B

Janet was wonderful in helping me to plan the perfect honeymoon! She's friendly, professional, and organized. She sent multiple options for all inclusive resorts, even after I changed my mind several times. She was always quick to answer my emails and helped me out throughout... Read More the entire process. I quickly found that her pricing beat other travel agents and at times, even the resort pricing itself! I would definitly recommend using her services when planning your next trip!

Honeymoon in Jamaica

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Courtney H

We worked with Janet Penyak as a travel agent for our honeymoon to Jamaica. She was so great with providing fast feedback and personal experience to several places we were interested in. I will definitely use her in the future as a travel agent!

Eileen Rocks!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Rachel H

Eileen was very helpful during the destination wedding planning process. She took care of all of our and our guests needs. She was very professional and made it a stress-free process.

Eileen was Great!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015

Eileen was excellent in helping us in all steps of the Honeymoon booking process. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia! We even received an upgraded room from a standard butler room to a room with a private pool. Highly recommended!!

Greece Honeymoon

Reviewed on 6/21/2015

Janet at Travel Leaders was wonderful at helping my wife and I plan and have a wonderful 2+week, multi-island honeymoon in Greece. She was really great in suggesting hotels, including and understanding our preferences. She organized all of our transfers to and from the hotels in... Read More traveling between islands. Everything went great and we will check with Janet again next time we travel!

Smoothing sailing while planning our getaway wedding!

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 Leah T

We have used Travel Leaders before to book vacations so it was a no brainer to use them for our destination wedding! Janet Penyak was (and will continue to be) our travel agent! She was extremely help in suggesting locations and resorts where we would get the best service and... Read More best "bang for our buck". She was very flexible when it came to meeting to plan or make payments for our trip. Even after the trip was paid for she still continued to stay in touch and give helpful advice and "insider" tips and knowledge about the resort we stayed at! Also, a HUGE selling factor for Janet is, while at the resort we had a few hiccups and I emailed her around 8 or 9PM on a Sunday night and within 10 minutes she had replied! And the next morning she reached out to management and had the problem handled! If that doesn't show you how amazing she is I am not sure what will! USE TRAVEL LEADERS! They provide top notch service and experience!

Honeymoon Ease

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 Donyelle G

I used Eileen Nason from Travel Leaders. She was very knowledgeable and accommodating. She worked with my mother behind the scenes to surprise us with an upgrade to the butler suite. She travels to the resorts she recommends so her advice is valuable. We are already booking an... Read More anniversary trip through her.

Great Experience!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Ashton B

Our travel agent was Tara McCoy with Destination Experts. She did an excellent job helping us plan our honeymoon. We were all over the place with where we wanted to go and she helped us narrow it down without a hassle. We actually ended up spending our honeymoon at a place we... Read More never even considered. It was somewhere she had thrown in as a wild card for us to look at. We went with it and couldn't of had a better time!! Thanks Tara!!

2014-11-09T20:48:01 Response from the vendor

Thank's for reviewing us, we really appreciate your sweet comments! Call us any time you need help planning a trip.

Janet Penyak

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Janet provided me with exceptional service with planning our honeymoon!She was very detailed, courteous and without a doubt the best! I will definitely be using Janet in the future and will recommend her to family and friends any day. Thanks Janet!

2014-11-09T20:49:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Your referrals mean a lot to me! Call me again for any travel needs.

Honeymoon was awesome

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 ashley L

We used this travel agency to book our honeymoon and could not be happier with the results. Not only was the experience great but also our travel agent Janet made the process smooth and seamless. When we first started to look at places to travel for our honeymoon we had some... Read More ideas but where not really sure where to go. Janet suggested the Dominican Republic for a great honeymoon experience. After doing some research on the Dominican Republic it looked like the perfect place to travel for a honeymoon. Janet made the process of picking a resort just as easy as the place to go. She gave us several different options in resorts based on amenities and budget. We were never pressured or pushed be the more expensive options which was so nice. This being our first international flight we were a little nervous about what to expect. When we did take the trip everything was laid out perfectly for us in the book that Janet provided. Getting around a in a foreign country can be a little intimating but, not with using a travel agent. If you want a flawless honeymoon with nothing to worry about you are in great hands.

2014-11-09T20:51:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Ashley! I'm glad to know everything went so well. I'd love to help plan your next trip!

Amazing honeymoon

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Mike L

Eileen Nason planned our amazing honeymoon to Sandals in Jamaica. She was always prompt in her responses, and offered the best advice for our honeymoon! The planning was very smooth from start to finish and I would highly recommend Travel Leaders of Columbia!

2014-11-09T20:52:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I'm so glad everything went smoothly. Would love to help with your next vacation.

Perfect honeymoon!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Sam C

Janet Penyak at Travel Leaders was our consultant and went above and beyond in helping us choose the perfect honeymoon destination within our budget and with everything we were looking for in a resort. Janet was always available and extremely responsive (very important when... Read More under the stress of planning a wedding!) in answering any questions we had about choosing and booking our honeymoon. I have since recommended Travel Leaders to other friends who were looking for the perfect destination and they were also just as satisfied!

2014-11-09T21:04:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review! Your confidence in referring us to your friends means so much.

Travel Leaders Of Columbia

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

WOW!!!! Our trip to Jamaica could be easily considered the most fascinating and pleasing days I've ever spent traveling. My satisfaction was only possible because of the great services offered by our butler services and hotel staff, which is totally receptive and energetic. We... Read More spent four nights at the Sandals Resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and during my stay I was provided with perfect food and entertainment presentations. Not only do I recommend booking with Travel Leaders of Columbia, but I also hope that everyone have the opportunity to interact with such a gorgeous place like Sandals Resort and Ocho Rios natural environment. We will definitely will be booking with Travel Leaders of Columbia again!!

2014-11-09T21:05:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review! We'd love to help you with any future vacation plans.