Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator

New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia and surrounding areas!

It's Always About the Details!

Become stress-free and enjoy your big day with a Wedding Day Coordinator! We make the planning process easy and enjoyable all while handling the lovely details day of, making your wedding impossibly smooth. Servicing NJ, NY, Philly and surrounding areas. Let us make the biggest day of your life, the BEST day of your life!

After Party, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

231 North Avenue West, Westfield, NJ New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia and surrounding areas! (732) 692-4259

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Liz C

After researching and googling beyond my heart’s desire, I set up three phone calls with potential wedding coordinators. I chose 3 initially just to “cover my bases” but I could tell from the initial correspondence as well as the professionalism, care, timeliness and effort put... Read More into each initial interaction (even the website alone!) that Carla was going to be our choice. While I humored myself and my fiancé with speaking to the others, far and away following our initial phone call, it was clear that no one was a better choice for us to work with. Carla was ultra well organized, super well connected, full of ideas, suggestions and support in the months leading up to our wedding. I was impressed and thought to myself “she’ll be great on our wedding day.” I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS IN FOR. Carla was everywhere on our wedding day, and not just anywhere, but everywhere I needed her to be and definitely even in places I didn’t expect her to be and in places I didn’t know I needed her to be. She was super nice, made everyone feel very comfortable, with an added spunk, humor, the smile you needed and more. She obliged some very last minute and possibly crazy requests from me, ran between multiple locations, and even decorated my cocktail hour (to my taste I might add, which was not easy!). As if she weren’t amazing enough, I had a major snafu with my dress so in addition to being our coordinator, our friend, our best possible resource…. Carla also morphed into my seamstress and by the way also our photographer because she also took some amazing pictures!! Literally she’s superwoman. I have said a few hundred times in the past week since our wedding that she was easily one of, if not THE BEST, choices we made for our wedding. I am looking forward to keeping Carla in my corner and hopefully working with her again in the future and if not that, then certainly as a friend! She has a way of making you and your fiancé feel like you’ve known each other for years. You can tell she loves what she does and has a great deal of pride in her work product. Talented doesn’t begin to describe her. BOOK HER IMMEDIATELY. You won’t regret it!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Susan G

My short review: Hire "Details Made Simple" - it will be the best decision you make while planning your wedding! My longer review: I am a person who likes to be sure EVERY detail is taken into account (i.e. a bit of a control freak). When I entertain at home I like to make... Read More sure every guest is taken of and having a great time, usually forgetting that I should be enjoying the party as well! As many brides out there already know, you will get advice from everyone on just about everything the second you announce your engagement. The same happened for me, but as a control freak, I figured wedding planning would be easy and my wedding would go off without a hitch because naturally, I would be in control and taking care of all the details. And then, I received the best advice and was told to make sure I attended my wedding and did not "work my wedding." I took that advice and found Carla and Details Made Simple. I emailed her for more information and she called me back almost immediately. We chatted about the wedding, my vision, my need for everything to be perfect and when I hung up the phone I was already writing a check for the "Peace of Mind Package"; I assure you this was, by far, the best decision we made. We were married on June 11, 2016 and my wedding day was incredibly relaxing because Carla had it all under control. Any time I had a moment of panic, Carla literally appeared at my side asking what I needed; it was as if she was reading my mind! Her presence and assistance leading up to and on the day of my wedding gave me, my husband, my family, and my bridal party peace of mind that is worth more than money can buy. I was able to attend, enjoy, and soak up my wedding day and know that the details were taken care of. I would hire her again in a heartbeat and will continue to recommend her in the future. Your wedding day is one of the biggest days of your life and Carla and her team will help you enjoy that day to the fullest!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Yvonne L

Shanika was truly more than amazing. She was the constant professional. Her personality made it easy to communicate to her our vision and she made sure she understood and expertly executed. Her vendor recommendations were the best for us. All the feedback from our event have... Read More been positive. Our relatives and friends were quite impressed with the high level of organization and everyone enjoyed themselves. The conclusion is that this has been the best event they have ever attended. Thank you for your contribution Shanika.

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Perry S

I truly cannot imagine having gone through the wedding planning process without Kim. Knowing she was there for logistical mastery, expert advice, and calm assurance when needed made the planning process less stressful and the day-of that much more enjoyable. Simply, I cannot... Read More recommend Kim and Details Made Simple enough!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Liz D

We worked with Jess from Details Made Simple. From our first meeting she was so calm, pleasant and professional. We had three meetings throughout the planning and then she sent us a very detailed day of timeline. Jess also picked up all of my DIY items from my house the... Read More morning of my wedding and took them to the venue to set up. We had two very different ceremonies on the same day and Jess and Shade handled everything so smoothly. There was a lot going on that they had to stay on top of things happening in multiple locations at the same time. They also somehow managed to keep checking on me and making sure I was okay. We could not have pulled it off without them! I highly recommend their services for any wedding big or small.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Christine M

Hiring Details Made Simple was one of the best decisions I made throughout the planning process. When I first started planning my wedding, there was one thing I knew, and it was that I did not want to be stressed out on my wedding day or worry about a single thing. You spend... Read More over a year dedicating your time to planning the biggest event of your life - you NEED someone that can take charge on the day of for you so that you can take in every moment of the experience. I went with the Peace of Mind Package and had Shanika as my day of extraordinaire. She was magnificent. She followed up with me continuously throughout the planning process to make sure I was on track, she was always on time, and she always made me feel at ease when I had freak outs about dresses, suits, flowers, you name it! Two weeks before the wedding she even told me to have my favors mailed to her so that she could put them together for me since she knows I work full time and each added project was driving me insane. Don't know what I would've done without her! A few hours before the wedding, she drove to the store to buy linens for me since I didn't have the right amount and had a mini panic attack. At one point during the wedding, I think I saw her sewing one of the groomsman's buttons back on his jacket and thought to myself - OK she is amazing AND prepared.Seriously, a lifesaver. If you are hesitating about spending the money, do not even think twice. Worth every penny! THANK YOU SHANIKA!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Travis F

Stay away, such a waste of money. If I could give no stars I would.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Wendy C

There are no words to express how grateful we are to Details Made Simple. Jess was a complete life saver throughout the process and on the day of my son's wedding. I wanted to enjoy the day so I felt we needed help, but I had no idea how much help we needed. Not only did she... Read More keep us and our very large wedding party together, she watched every detail and she did it with such grace and she is so calm and beautiful! She kept us calm because she is so calm. She was literally a life saver. We had many, many small details for the wedding and she looked at everything and got it right. We had to change from an outdoor ceremony to indoor due to rain at the last minute. It was very difficult and disappointing. She did not miss a beat and helped us to make the switch seamlessly! The ceremony ended up being perfect! My second son is getting married next year we need to have Jess at our side for that wedding too. Do not hesitate to have these people involved in your wedding. It was one of the best decisions we ever made. Worth every penny and so much more!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Ralene R

I saw Carla a couple of years ago when she did my best friend's wedding, and I admired how well she did with such a big wedding. So when it came around to mine, I knew to hire Details Made Simple..and it was the best decision I ever made! Our coordinator Shanika was a God send.... Read More We had a big wedding of approx. 320 guests, big bridal party, basically a lot of people involved. But with the utmost grace and professionalism, Shanika made our special day go as smoothly as humanly possible, honestly, I think it went perfect thanks to her. She contacted all of our vendors prior to our wedding, made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be and also made sure I didn't lift a finger that day. I can never thank her enough, I never felt like a client, she always made me feel like a long time friend. So thank you, Shanika and Details Made Simple! We couldn't have had the wedding of our dreams without you! Love always, Ralene and Ryan May 28, 2017 Wedding

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Janell M

Our experience with Candice Moore of Details Made Simple was amazing!!! We hired her via the "Peace of Mind" package, which was perfect for us, given that we had already planned most of the wedding ourselves. We really needed someone (in Philly, given that we live in MD) to... Read More direct the day, make sure we stayed on track, be the point of contact for the vendors, etc. Before we even met Candice in person she dove right in and made sure we were organized and on the right track providing great tools and tying up all of our loose ends. The day of the wedding Candice was on it! She was definitely our "right hand woman", and there was no way our day would have been so amazing had it not been for her. We actually had a BALL and got to enjoy every minute of our wedding confidently because everything was so well taken care of, and we cannot thank her enough for that! Thank you so much Candice and Details Made Simple! We wish you much success because what you guys provide is perfect for the modern bride.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Jess S

Details Made Simple and Candice are simply amazing. I was married in April in PA and live in OR so I knew long distance planning was going to be difficult. I had signed on with Candice to mainly be there to take care of all the details during the day of the wedding so that my... Read More mom and I could enjoy the day and not deal with all the minor things. What Candice provided was 24/7 OMG I'm freaking out service, she was always thinking ahead an kept me on track with everything. If I needed anything she was there to do. Skype, texts, calls all to get me through planning from a far. The day of Candice checked in with us in the morning, made sure the venue looked as I dreamed (and better), kept us on task for pictures all while dealing with my loud Jersey family. There could of been a ton of things that went wrong but I will never know because Candice really took care of us and made sure we had time of our lives!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Katrina M

I had a large wedding, close to 300 people, at Liberty Warehouse in Brooklyn, NY. Carla and Candice managed the event from start-to-finish with their impeccable day-of service. The morning of the wedding half my escort cards, (I opted for calligraphy), went missing and they... Read More managed to get materials to a new calligrapher to ensure the cards would get done THAT DAY. I was so impressed with not only their professionalism but their ability to stay calm -- it was a hectic day and I would've never known -- I enjoyed every second of it knowing I was in good hands. They went above and beyond to ensure that everything ran smoothly and for day-of coordination, I don't think I could've been happier. From helping me put together a coherent timeline to setting up and breaking down the day, I was amazed by the dedication and ease in which they operated.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Stephanie W

I have nothing but positive things to say about Details Made Simple and April Krogstad. We used Details Made Simple for day of wedding planning and everything went extremely well. April was on hand to deal with the vendors and venue to ensure everything was perfect. April was... Read More always available to answer any questions I had about the wedding and vendors. She contacted vendors in advance to ensure the day of timeline was perfect, but was very flexible to last minute changes. The wedding was amazing and I highly recommend Details Made Simple for all of your planning needs.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Sherry V

I didn’t honestly think I needed a wedding coordinator. Most of our vendors were booked and for the day-of coordination we figured we would just have a friend or family member help. But a few months before the wedding a number of wedding tasks were adding up, I was leaving for a... Read More trip, and I needed a second opinion of someone more experienced. We decided a day of coordinator would help ease some of the stress. I was in between two companies. One was pricier however I knew of friends who had used them (which had been key in picking our vendors), the other (details made simple) was more within our budget but I wasn’t aware of anyone who had used them. I spoke to one of my best friends about my dilemma, and as soon as I said the name Carla, she said that was her coordinator and she was amazing! That was all I needed to hear. Carla had been helpful from day one. I went through 5 makeup trials before we met and I told her my frustration in finding an artist, she referred a few and BOOM found my makeup artist, who was simply amazing. The day of the wedding was perfect and everything felt like it went off seamlessly. I’m sure not every single thing went as planned however I never felt that way or I never knew about it, which was key. Carla made sure everything kept moving and all the little/big things we needed were done. She spoke and coordinated with all the vendors. She was so nice and pleasant with everyone. Everyone from our bridal party to relatives to guests took note of how amazing she was in pulling this altogether when our wedding had many different moving pieces. She was just one person but honestly I think she worked and hustled harder than some of the wedding coordinating companies that have teams of 4 or 5 people. She has a calming effect and I think the one of the main reasons I was not stressed at all on my wedding day was because I knew Carla had everything handled and we were in good hands. I cannot say enough good things about Carla and number of people have already asked me about her just by observing her in action. I would recommend Carla and Details Made Simple to any bride, probably one of the best decisions we made!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Jess B

Kim Martir was INCREDIBLE. I felt like she was my best friend through this entire wedding process. Kim thought of everything. She always had a big smile on her face. From the moment we had our first, in-person meeting, I knew Kim was the right lady for the job. She was caring,... Read More considerate, professional, and knew how to handle any delicate issues that might have come up. She was an amazing liaison between all of our vendors, right down to confirm the time they were supposed to arrive on the day of. There was a moment when we thought the maid of honor lost her shoes the day of, and Kim was already googling the closest shoe store and ran out to buy some just in case!! KIM IS EVERYTHING and more. Honestly, if you need someone to just be there for you, choose Kim!!!!! I can't say enough amazing things about this woman. So lovely to work with, and I will be referring her to all of my friends!! THANK YOU KIM!! I'd be lost without you.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Erindira F

We worked with Jess from Details Made Simple and we couldn't have asked for a better day of coordinator! She was really on top of keeping up with all of the tasks that led up to the wedding. We really appreciated how she would follow up with us frequently to make sure that we... Read More stayed on track and kept her informed on what we needed help with and how she could be able to assist. The best part of working with her was her calmness throughout the entire process. It really put us at ease because it showed how she definitely did have everything under control. Jess went above and beyond and helped us with small projects that brought our wedding to life. For example, she offered to create ceremony program fans for us which we at first did not consider doing because of the time they took to make. She made the suggestion, we bought the materials, she picked them up and created a lovely addition for our ceremony! One other thing that we valued was that she kept our budget in mind when recommending vendors and services. This was very beneficial to us because although we weren't on a super tight budget she still helped us save a lot of money that we otherwise would have spent on services and vendors who we weren't sure about. She also met us in person several times to visit venues, discuss details and offer any advice that we may have needed. This truly helped us build trust in our working relationship with her and made us feel extremely comfortable with her work. She is very reliable and I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs that additional expert assistance/support throughout the wedding planning process as well as the day of!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Jacqueline B

I do not even know where to begin on how incredible Details Made Simple is! From recommending top notch vendors, keeping us on track to get everything done, helping with tasks such as making our out of town bags and guiding us through every step... Details Made Simple was the... Read More best decision we EVER MADE. Having a day of planner is affordable and worth EVERY CENT. The day of my wedding I enjoyed every moment knowing that Carla had everything under control including making sure my vendors were there, everything was set up correctly, switching my ceremony from outside to inside, handing out all of my final payments ALL WHILE attending to my and my grooms every need. THIS WILL BE THE BEST DECISION YOU EVER MADE DURING YOUR WEDDING PLANNING PROCESS! PROMISE!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Olivia T

Working with Details Made Simple was one of the best decisions we made in planning this wedding. We got married in Philadelphia this spring, and as thrifty and absurdly detail-oriented people planning an atypical wedding, we were neck deep in the details and trying to cut... Read More costs... but we needed help. In the end, working closely with Kim was essential to pulling off what ended up being an amazing amazing day. With her wealth of experience and insight, we were able to execute our peculiar vision with ease. She was with us 100% along the way, willing and excited to help us make the day exactly what we wanted -- however weird it may have been at times! On the day-of, she took care of executing all the details, carrying all the things and all of my lists, and having all the little extra things that we didn't know we needed! When my fake flower bouquet never arrived, she magically produced pins out of her bag and helped my bridesmaid assemble a beautiful bouquet out of extra flowers. On our wedding day we didn't have to worry about anything besides having fun and hanging out with our guests. From the moment the events started until the final guest left we felt a sense of calm enabled by our complete trust in Kim! I was so sad she had to leave at the end of the night because she was also a lot of fun to work with too!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Lauren R

I was so happy that I had a day-of wedding coordinator! They truly give you that peace of mind that every bride needs on her big day. I was so worried about all of the details coming together, decor set-up, etc. and that was all handled! Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Courtney K

Kim from details made simple was wonderful! The best money you will spend on your wedding! I could not imagine the day without her there! She's the best friend you want by your side on your wedding day ! She helped with decoration set up, last minute music changes, my ripped... Read More bustle, keeping pictures on time, organization and clean up at the end of the night, and my overall sanity... to name a few things! I highly recommend Kim from details made simple!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Caroline C

I had no idea that a wedding can be so chaotic. My day started off hectic and crazy with so many last minute things to do that seemed to popped out of nowhere. However, as soon as I got the the venue, was met by Carla and her assistant, I was immediately at ease. She took care... Read More of everything with such calm (we had left out a whole table from our reception seating chart among other things!). We did not have to worry about ANYTHING - Carla took care of everything. We were able to fully enjoy our very special day. I would plan a wedding and get married again and again as long as Carla can be by my side! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Lauren W

BOOK DETAILS MADE SIMPLE! It will be the best decision you make in the wedding process. Carla was our day of coordinator for our wedding in Northern New Jersey. She was so incredibly helpful both during the planning process and on our wedding day! If we had any questions or... Read More needed any recommendations, Carla was there with answers, ideas, and suggestions. I was so grateful for our Skype meetings that helped ease my anxiety about the whole day. The week before, she confirmed with our vendors that everything would go according to plan and reached out to our venue regarding the timing of everything. On our wedding day, Carla was there organizing our processional, photo wrangling, making sure everything at our venue was set up correctly (a major help since our contact at the venue quit 2 weeks before our wedding), and just so much more. At the end of the night, all we had to do was get in the car! Carla had already packed everything and ensured that we left with everything that we needed. I can’t thank or recommend Carla and Details Made Simple enough. ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Melissa S

Partly through my wedding planning process, I realized that I was out of my mind and kidding myself if I didn't coordinate the help of a professional. I searched "Day of Coordinators" in northern NJ, and the stellar reviews of Details Made Simple prompted me to contact the... Read More company. Shortly thereafter, I received a message from Kim Martir; she and I scheduled a call to discuss my event. Kim spent SO much time with me on the phone understanding my event and my needs, and she was just so comprehensive and full of advice. She was so kind and funny on the phone, and I thought that if she's that thorough to someone who she's just consulting who hasn't even committed to her services, I can't imagine how wonderful of a Day of Coordinator she would be. Without a doubt, the best money I spent on my wedding is having Kim and DMS part of my day. Leading up to the event, Kim and I did a walk through of the venue, spoke on the phone, and emailed/texted a ton; she was always available and her accessibility is exactly what you want when you're trying to coordinate a big event. Words can't describe just how much Kim and Jess - the second Day of Coordinator - helped me and how much stress of mine they relieved by being so organized and on top of their games. Even at the church rehearsal - which Kim didn't necessarily have to help me with - I was digging through my emails and couldn't find something I needed; I was getting frustrated and finally just texted her asking her to resend it to me. Within a minute she had already sent it to me! It's things like that that reinforce how much of a help she was, and I honestly can't imagine not having her involved. On the day of the wedding, she and Jess were there to coordinate vendors, the bridal party, family members, and just about everything else. They also took on the probably annoying role of fielding questions all night; anytime someone came up to me, I had the luxury of just pointing them in Kim's and Jess's directions and they were more than happy to help and take on the responsibility. Both were so wonderful, and I honestly felt selfish and spoiled asking them for so many favors and them happily agreeing. Kim has such a kind demeanor and a nice personality that it was sincerely like having my friend help me out with my wedding. At the end of the night, she packed up all of the stuff that was mine and had it ready for me to go. Perhaps not everyone requires a coordinator, but if you are even considering one, the amount of time you can spend focusing on enjoying your big day is far increased by having someone like Kim or Jess by your side sorting out all of the details. I couldn't have been happier with DMS and would recommend them without hesitation. As lame as it sounds, I'll miss Kim and working with her!! Thank you SO much!!!

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Despina A

Without Carla, I would have been lost. I decided I needed a day-of-coordinator 3 months before my wedding. She provided the guidance I needed to make my wedding day run smoothly. Some of what she helped with is starting a dialogue with my vendors, helping create a timeline,... Read More buying fabric from hobby-lobby to decorate the bathroom at my venue, and helping pinup my wedding dress because it was dragging even with the bustle. She is professional, efficient, sophisticated, talented, made sure every detail was taken care of, was there when I needed her, and she eased my mind. She really works for you and puts her "all" in making sure that your day goes as planned. I can't say enough about her and Details Made Simple.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Stephanie S

Kim Martir at Details Made Simple was absolutely AMAZING!!! I cannot possibly say enough good things about how helpful and responsive she was from our first contact! I used Kim as a day of coordinator and I have told so many people it was the best money I spent in my wedding... Read More planning and she was worth her weight in gold. She provided assistance/advice/insight on all my random questions about everything from my mom's urgent need for a bra that worked with her dress to planning the ceremony to helping us have an unplugged ceremony to having umbrellas available when we thought it might rain to sewing on my husband's suit button when he popped it off before we got to the ceremony (we called her from the car on the way there, she asked what color thread and met us as we pulled up, needle in hand) to making sure my dad had his dancing shoes ready to change into before our first dance. My day was so much more enjoyable and relaxed because I didn't have to worry or even give a second thought to anything I knew Kim was taking care of- and she took care of everything I asked her to and so much more that I didn't even think to ask her to. I fully intend to tell anyone I know who gets married in the future that they may not know it yet, but they need Kim to be their day of coordinator.

Meet The Coordinator

Carla Friday

Carla is proud to call Details Made Simple her own! As a Wedding Day Coordinator, Carla puts her meticulous organizational skills and professional list making to good use, and with years of event planning, graphic design, arts and crafts experience, she is able to make any brides big day memorable. “As the owner of such a unique company, I hold myself and my amazing team to exceeding our client’s expectations on a daily basis. Developing a personal relationship with each bride is the key to making each their wedding perfect and memorable, and this is important to us.” says Carla.