Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator

New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia and the DC Metro Area!

It's Always About the Details!

The perfect solution for couple planning their own wedding. Become stress-free and enjoy your big day with a Wedding Day Coordinator! We make the planning process easy and enjoyable all while handling the lovely details day of, making your wedding impossibly smooth. Servicing NJ, NY, Philadelphia and the DC Metro Area. Let us make the biggest day of your life, the BEST day of your life!

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

231 North Avenue West, Ste 1B, Westfield, NJ New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia and the DC Metro Area! (732) 692-4259

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Liz C

After researching and googling beyond my heart’s desire, I set up three phone calls with potential wedding coordinators. I chose 3 initially just to “cover my bases” but I could tell from the initial correspondence as well as the professionalism, care, timeliness and effort put... Read More into each initial interaction (even the website alone!) that Carla was going to be our choice. While I humored myself and my fiancé with speaking to the others, far and away following our initial phone call, it was clear that no one was a better choice for us to work with. Carla was ultra well organized, super well connected, full of ideas, suggestions and support in the months leading up to our wedding. I was impressed and thought to myself “she’ll be great on our wedding day.” I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS IN FOR. Carla was everywhere on our wedding day, and not just anywhere, but everywhere I needed her to be and definitely even in places I didn’t expect her to be and in places I didn’t know I needed her to be. She was super nice, made everyone feel very comfortable, with an added spunk, humor, the smile you needed and more. She obliged some very last minute and possibly crazy requests from me, ran between multiple locations, and even decorated my cocktail hour (to my taste I might add, which was not easy!). As if she weren’t amazing enough, I had a major snafu with my dress so in addition to being our coordinator, our friend, our best possible resource…. Carla also morphed into my seamstress and by the way also our photographer because she also took some amazing pictures!! Literally she’s superwoman. I have said a few hundred times in the past week since our wedding that she was easily one of, if not THE BEST, choices we made for our wedding. I am looking forward to keeping Carla in my corner and hopefully working with her again in the future and if not that, then certainly as a friend! She has a way of making you and your fiancé feel like you’ve known each other for years. You can tell she loves what she does and has a great deal of pride in her work product. Talented doesn’t begin to describe her. BOOK HER IMMEDIATELY. You won’t regret it!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Susan G

My short review: Hire "Details Made Simple" - it will be the best decision you make while planning your wedding! My longer review: I am a person who likes to be sure EVERY detail is taken into account (i.e. a bit of a control freak). When I entertain at home I like to make... Read More sure every guest is taken of and having a great time, usually forgetting that I should be enjoying the party as well! As many brides out there already know, you will get advice from everyone on just about everything the second you announce your engagement. The same happened for me, but as a control freak, I figured wedding planning would be easy and my wedding would go off without a hitch because naturally, I would be in control and taking care of all the details. And then, I received the best advice and was told to make sure I attended my wedding and did not "work my wedding." I took that advice and found Carla and Details Made Simple. I emailed her for more information and she called me back almost immediately. We chatted about the wedding, my vision, my need for everything to be perfect and when I hung up the phone I was already writing a check for the "Peace of Mind Package"; I assure you this was, by far, the best decision we made. We were married on June 11, 2016 and my wedding day was incredibly relaxing because Carla had it all under control. Any time I had a moment of panic, Carla literally appeared at my side asking what I needed; it was as if she was reading my mind! Her presence and assistance leading up to and on the day of my wedding gave me, my husband, my family, and my bridal party peace of mind that is worth more than money can buy. I was able to attend, enjoy, and soak up my wedding day and know that the details were taken care of. I would hire her again in a heartbeat and will continue to recommend her in the future. Your wedding day is one of the biggest days of your life and Carla and her team will help you enjoy that day to the fullest!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Jamie K

Shanika was absolutely amazing. From the moment my family met her until the last second of my wedding night she was hands on, helpful, detailed orientated, and compassionate. She is such a go-getter and really made sure all the venders executed my wedding to perfection. Any... Read More bride would really be incredibly lucky to have Shanika as their wedding day coordinator!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Christina R

We are so grateful that we had Shanika helping us on our wedding day. She truly gave us peace of mind. She handled all the details and possibly awkward situations so that we didn't have to. Our photographer even told us that he literally would not have been able to do his job... Read More without her there making sure things ran smoothly. There were some times before the wedding day that she was late or delayed with her responses, but she really was the so great on our wedding day! Thanks!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jean P

We worked with Details Made Simple for our Philly wedding, and worked with Kim and it was absolutely the best choice we made. We had a very DIY wedding at the Asian Arts Initiative, where we really had to do everything and hired a lot of different vendors, and had to come in... Read More the day to set everything up ourselves and then come back the day after to clean it all up. We chose the "Peace of Mind" package, as we were comfortable doing it all ourselves, but needed someone to orchestrate the big day and just give us some literal peace of mind and advice along the way. From our first phone call before we even hired her when she asked a lot of questions for her own information that also helped us get clarity on what we needed to do, she was already a huge help. Then leading up to the wedding, I cc-ed her on most of my emails to vendors, asked her random questions via email and she was always very responsive and with helpful insight. She came and did a venue walk-through with us and helped us think through all the details we never would have considered for set up and transition between ceremony and reception. The week before our wedding when we were busy greeting out of town guests, she was calling all of our vendors to confirm their time and everything else. She came the day before to do a final walk through as were finishing setting everything up and then doing the actual rehearsal with us, and then 10 hours the next day.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Carolyn C

We hired Detail Made Simple for the VIP package to help with some of the wedding tasks and primarily for day of wedding coordination for my wedding on September 30. My coordinator Shanika was top notch! Not only was she able to suggest great vendors and help keep us on track... Read More with our schedule, she was beyond amazing the week of the wedding and most especially the day of the wedding. Shanika is a total professional and my wedding day went off without any snags! All my vendors were pleased to work with her which made everything run smoothly. I HIGHLY recommend Shanika and DMS!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Margaret P

April from Details Made Simple truly lived up to the company's name! As a detail oriented person myself, I couldn't believe some of the details she thought of and so easily answered any question or dilemma we had! She was calm, cool, and collected, and was by our sides during... Read More the night making sure we had everything we needed. Do yourself the biggest favor for your wedding day and have April there!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Jessica C

We recently worked with Shade from Details Made Simple for our wedding on 9/23/2017. Shade was extremely organized, helpful, and made sure everything ran smoothly. Our photographer and other vendors really enjoyed working with her and all had great things to say! All throughout... Read More the process Shade made herself available to us and helped in many ways including meeting us at our venue a few weeks in advance for a walk through, coordinating vendor arrivals, making sure the venue knew how to set up decor and florals, and helping to organize the day of and reception timeline. She was a pleasure to work with!! Many thanks!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Elizabeth H

Kim was amazing! From our very first conversation she helped me feel like everything was on track, and was right on the same page with what we envisioned for our wedding. The day of not only did she and LaToyah keep everything on track, Kim was also up a ladder fixing... Read More lighting, moving tables, and making sure that my husband and I could celebrating with our family and friends. I honestly cannot say enough good things and we thank her from the bottom of our hearts!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Kate B

I can't say enough wonderful things about April! Through the entire process she was organized, thorough, and professional, as well as incredibly friendly and easy to work with. Planning was a breeze because of her coordination with all the vendors and attention to detail, and... Read More on the day of the wedding I felt totally comfortable and confident leaving everything in her hands. We all got to enjoy our incredibly special day with our minds at ease knowing April could handle any hiccup that came her way. I've already been recommending her to friends!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Bernadette B

Our day of coordinator, Shadé, was nothing less than amazing. From her first prompt email response to her helping with the breakdown and cleanup at the end of our wedding she handled every aspect of our wedding with expertise and professionalism. Our wedding was at a... Read More non-traditional venue without a maître d' so Shadé did all of the work scheduling deliveries and the timeline of our wedding day. She also helped put out decor and made our vision for the day a reality. We had a small "emergency" the day of (no batteries for 100 flameless candles necessary for our sunset park wedding) and she took care of it as if it was hardly a problem. Hiring Shadé was the best investment we made for our wedding day because of the peace of mind she provided.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Jackie P

I can't even find the words to describe how much our wedding planner, Candice, and day of coordinator, Zaakira, were absolute LIFESAVERS! I could not have done it without them. I was a nervous bride and felt like I knew nothing about the whole process, and my groom and I didn't... Read More have a clear vision for what we wanted it to look like. Candice walked us through all of it, including dealing with a particularly difficult person, making sure we had everything covered for our non-traditional venue, and last minute pouring rain at what was planned to be an outdoor ceremony. Everything turned out absolutely beautiful and Candice kept us on track through it all, and most importantly made us feel calm about all of it! I cannot recommend them strongly enough!!!! Candice is THE BEST!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Peggy S

Kim was amazing from the very beginning. During planning, she listed to what we wanted and after sifting through LOTS of venues, she helped us find our DREAM wedding spot. Especially planning a wedding from across the country, she was instrumental, even going to see venues... Read More with my mother when I couldn't be there. She answered questions along the way and helped keep me on a timeline. Every time I asked her for a piece of advise, she was there, professional, and honest. On the day of the wedding, she was amazing. Even while juggling everything else that was going on, she spent hours finalizing our guest seat card board. She kept us on schedule throughout the night, and thanks to her (and her coordination with EVERY other vendor), everything went smoothly. The next morning we were delighted to find that amidst the whirlwind, she had found a way to get everything that was important to us from the reception space up to our suite, safe and sound. If I ad to do it all over again, Kim would be the first call I'd make. Thank you, Details Made Simple!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Sonya M

Shade was wonderful as our day of coordinator. Our wedding was a traditional Indian wedding with almost 400 people, so managing the event was not easy. The wedding was in Morristown, NJ but I lived in Northern Virginia so a lot of our communication was via email and phone.... Read More Nonetheless we were able to connect often to exchange all pertinent information. She made helpful suggestions on items she knew I'd prefer to customize, like a seating chart through Etsy. After providing all the vendors and details, she helped me keep my head straight with a feasible timeline. She also brought up food from cocktail hour for my parents and I, which was great because I was starving by 530pm with only coffee and half sandwich in me! She stayed until the bittersweet end of the reception to make sure all our gifts and cards were taken care of and went to our hotel room. My comments: 1) I think she could've had another helper for crowd control purposes. After the ceremony, there was no direction on where guests should proceed to for post ceremony snacks, so 350ish people were quite confused. I got flustered a bit seeing that and wondered why no one was there because we needed to stay in the ceremony hall for pictures with our families. By the time guests reached the post ceremony reception, food was already gone because earlier guests took many items, much more than they should have. I don't know if this is the hotel's fault or not, but if someone else was there to direct people, it would've worked better. 2) Along the same lines for cocktail hour and dinner. People crowded to one side of the food area while the other side was completely open. People later saw there was another side and it did even out. 3) The first two rows were supposed to be saved for bridesmaids and groomsmen ahead of time. 4) Next time in preparing a timeline for Indian weddings more time should be allowed for family photos. This felt very "bumpy" as everyone dispersed after the ceremony.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 ELAINE V

For our daughter’s wedding, we chose Kim Martir from Details Made Simple as our “day of” coordinator. When we first met her last year, we were impressed with her organized approach and how well she listened to us. Her pleasant, engaging and confident style convinced us that... Read More she was going to be a great partner. As things began to get busy about three months before the wedding, Kim visited the church and reception venue with us. We found this extremely helpful in validating what had been completed and creating a list of everything that needed to be accomplished by the wedding day. When we changed our minds about the format for our final meeting, Kim was flexible in accommodating our request for an in-person meeting rather than a conference call. It was so helpful having the three of us in the same room as we thought through all the final arrangements. By the time this meeting was over, we were confident all was going to go well…and it did! On the morning of the wedding, we went through a few last minute changes then handed it off to Kim for the rest of the day. Everything could not have gone more smoothly. Even a minor issue with a vendor was handled quickly, professionally and with no impact on us. We enjoyed everything the day had to offer thanks to Kim. We didn’t have to worry about whether the flowers showed up on time or the musicians were in place. We focused on interacting with our guests and the smiling faces of our daughter and new son-in-law. We strongly recommend Kim Martir of Details Made Simple for anyone who wants a stress-free wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Emma C

Shanika was the best! She was so professional and accommodating to all our needs. I had full confidence in her leading up to our big day which took away a lot of stress. The day of she delivered by transforming our venue into a fairytale and handling everything. I was... Read More completely unaware of any issues, if there were any. Alex and I highly recommend DMS and Shanika's services!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Whitney K

Finding a great wedding planner was so important because I planned a New Jersey wedding while living in Seattle, WA. From the moment I received the first email from Candice, I knew I was in great hands. Every time I had a question (and I had lots!) throughout the planning... Read More process, she was quick to respond and always so kind and helpful. We had quite a few phone/skype calls during the planning process. Candice ensured we were always on task. I couldn't have been as calm and relaxed as I was if it weren't for her!! Then came the wedding day....she was unbelievable. I didn't have to worry about a single thing all day. All of my family and all of bridesmaids told me many times how wonderful she was too! I highly recommend Details Made Simple and I hope you're lucky enough to work with Candice!! :-)

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Whitney C

I don’t know where to start. Michele Chu at Details Made Simple, you have been absolutely amazing. My dream wedding wouldn’t have happened without you. In spite of thunderstorms and downpours in the area, Michele kept our vendors from forcing us to have an indoor ceremony,... Read More convinced the setup crew to wait and setup the ceremony last minute, and all this just in time for the rain to break! Our gorgeous ceremony was exactly what I wanted and only outside because of you. You are professional, energetic, and I had a blast working with you. From the very beginning of planning to the very end, you were always there with great advice, recommendations and support. You understood my busy schedule and made the wedding planning process easy. I don't know how anyone plans a wedding without a coordinator, and even more importantly, gets everything done, and on time the day of the wedding without a coordinator. I was not stressed at all because I knew you had everything under control and every detail covered. Thank you for making my wedding a day I will never forget. I highly recommend Michele Chu to be the coordinator of your wedding day or any big event! Sincere thanks and gratitude, Michele (7.14.17, Princeton, NJ).

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Rachel M

This review is long overdue. Carla, LaToyah, and the rest of the team at Details Made Simple made our wedding last month absolutely perfect. Our 200 person wedding was on a family-owned property outdoors. As with any wedding there was obviously tons of prep, but we had the added... Read More work of clearing the ground, mowing the grass (many acres of it), and renting/making everything ourselves. Even without a venue owner, Carla came in and new exactly what to do. She created beautiful flower bouquets, managed all the setup (which looked SO AMAZING!!), and stayed the entire time to keep the schedule flowing and on track. I've planned events before so I was worried about being stressed on the actual day of, but with Carla and LaToyah on site, I knew everything would get taken care of. Ladies, I can't thank you enough. From the first phone call to the final email, you've been nothing but awesome!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Linda J

When we were planning our wedding, we asked some friends who had just gotten married for advice on planning. They suggested we hire Carla as our day of coordinator saying we would not regret it. Sure enough, Carla was amazing; she was a godsend and not just in terms of helping... Read More us plan the wedding, but also keeping us calm and on task. She would check in on us from time to time, asking if we needed anything, she contacted our vendors, and on the day of, she made sure everyone was where they needed to be. Speaking of the day of, it seemed like there was no task that she couldn’t get done! We can’t recommend her enough. If you’re on the fence about hiring a coordinator, trust us: book her!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Kristina B

We got married Aug 12 2017 and had Candice as our day of coordinator at the Addison park in Aberdeen NJ. The price and the reviews were great which prompted me to select them as the company of choice. After our first few email correspondences (at like 2am after my price... Read More request) I knew made a good choice. My pros: the company and Candice knows their process. They information rolled out at the beginning of our interaction was helpful information on tips, schedule , vendor management etc and helped to even keep me organized on who each vendor was and what they were used for in a handy format to share with my parents. it kept my brain in check. Wedding brain is real! The leading up to the wedding discussions we had with Candice really helped clearly state what we wanted out of the day of coordinator role, what we wanted out of our wedding and how to accomplish all that. She definitely heard our concerns and remembered them day of the wedding! Her wedding day timeline was organized down to the minute which was something I would NEVER have done myself. She helped to keep us on track as best as she could leaving for the wedding but even with 2 hair and 2 make up artists for 8 person bridal party we ran a bit late. No harm no foul though because overall I had an AMAZING time at me wedding. I said I wanted to dance and that's what we did! The cons: I would overall recommend Details Made Simple and specifically Candice as she was good but there were cons. for the day of coordination, I think the venue and the party was too large for one person to coordinate alone. (300 people) and that put me at a great disadvantage. I know Candice specifically did not have experience at my venue, and the venue was not particularly helpful with her prep work, but the company did have that experience and I feel someone should have said it would required an assistant, as I would have been more than willing to pay for one. Eventually my mom and aunts helped Candice with whatever she needed to do, but I would have preferred they enjoyed the event. Because I think it was too large for one person, the overall organization was lacking which ruined the timeline we worked diligently on. Speeches were moved, microphone was lost, the MC didn't have his order for the bridal party intros, the first dances moved to after dinner, the rehearsal was late, the limo was late, we almost didn't cut the cake on time but we DID dance. Which is what I wanted. Thank you Candice!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Sylvonne L

Details made simple coordinator, Shanika, was nothing short of amazing! From our very first meeting I knew I was in good hands. We only had 6 months to plan a wedding, I was extremely busy and there is no way it could've been done without her help and resources. She literally... Read More had a solution for every problem that came up. Her connections to different vendors was also very helpful. When our makeup artist couldn't commit, she found another on just a few weeks before the wedding. Her DIY projects also made the venue come to life and gave a personal touch. If I could do it all over again I would choose Shanika and Details Made Simple again!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Marya G

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my wedding day unforgettable! Without you, the day would not have been everything I wanted it to be!! I cannot imagine how we would have accomplished so many aspects of the day without having you there! Once I stepped... Read More into my dress, it was go time and you just stepped right into gear! You effortlessly managed our big wedding party and parents during pictures, held my bouquet or dress when I needed help walking at any point in the day so my Mom and MOH could enjoy themselves, organized the entire processional at the church, helped me with whatever I needed during the reception, and making sure we got all our personal belongings at the end of the night. It was really the little things that you did that amazed me: - finding me bobby pins at the church so I could put the veil in my hair - making sure I always had a drink in my hand at the reception - fanning me when I was dripping in sweat!! - running around to find everyone for all of the College photos during the reception - helping to get the band back on track when I was frustrated with the songs they were playing The list really goes on and on.... So, thank you for helping to make our day perfect!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Tara W

Hiring Shadé Coleman from Details Made Simple was by far the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. About 3 months before our wedding, I was overwhelmed with finalizing the details of our big day. I researched day of coordinators on WeddingWire and the Knot and... Read More decided to contact Details Made Simple. Carla Friday, the owner, contacted me immediately, offering her assistance and reassuring me that her team of professionals would handle everything so we could enjoy time with each other and our family and friends. We had the pleasure of working with Shadé for our May 19, 2017 wedding at The Tides Estate. Shadé was amazing! She was personable and professional; I did not have to worry about a thing on the day of my wedding. My mom (who is very difficult to please) was impressed with her attention to detail and ability to stay calm under pressure. I highly Shadé Coleman (she was worth every penny!) and Details Made Simple; she made everyone feel comfortable and kept our day on schedule and stress free as possible. Thank you :) Love, Tara and Paul

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Meryl W

Michele from Details Made Simple helped organize our wedding day. She was so helpful and so on top of things. It allowed me to not have to think during the night, and truly enjoy myself.

Meet The Coordinator

Carla Friday

Carla is proud to call Details Made Simple her own! As a Wedding Day Coordinator, Carla puts her meticulous organizational skills and professional list making to good use, and with years of event planning, graphic design, arts and crafts experience, she is able to make any brides big day memorable. “As the owner of such a unique company, I hold myself and my amazing team to exceeding our client’s expectations on a daily basis. Developing a personal relationship with each bride is the key to making each their wedding perfect and memorable, and this is important to us.” says Carla.