Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator

New Jersey, New York City, Philadelphia & the DC Metro Area

It's Always About the Details!

The perfect solution for couple planning their own wedding. Become stress-free and enjoy your big day with a Wedding Day Coordinator! We make the planning process easy and enjoyable all while handling the lovely details day of, making your wedding impossibly smooth. Servicing New Jersey, New York City, Philadelphia and the Washington DC Metro Area. Let us make the biggest day of your life, the BEST day of your life!

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Planning

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

231 North Avenue West, Ste 1B, Westfield, NJ New Jersey, New York City, Philadelphia & the DC Metro Area (732) 692-4259

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Liz C

After researching and googling beyond my heart’s desire, I set up three phone calls with potential wedding coordinators. I chose 3 initially just to “cover my bases” but I could tell from the initial correspondence as well as the professionalism, care, timeliness and effort put... Read More into each initial interaction (even the website alone!) that Carla was going to be our choice. While I humored myself and my fiancé with speaking to the others, far and away following our initial phone call, it was clear that no one was a better choice for us to work with. Carla was ultra well organized, super well connected, full of ideas, suggestions and support in the months leading up to our wedding. I was impressed and thought to myself “she’ll be great on our wedding day.” I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS IN FOR. Carla was everywhere on our wedding day, and not just anywhere, but everywhere I needed her to be and definitely even in places I didn’t expect her to be and in places I didn’t know I needed her to be. She was super nice, made everyone feel very comfortable, with an added spunk, humor, the smile you needed and more. She obliged some very last minute and possibly crazy requests from me, ran between multiple locations, and even decorated my cocktail hour (to my taste I might add, which was not easy!). As if she weren’t amazing enough, I had a major snafu with my dress so in addition to being our coordinator, our friend, our best possible resource…. Carla also morphed into my seamstress and by the way also our photographer because she also took some amazing pictures!! Literally she’s superwoman. I have said a few hundred times in the past week since our wedding that she was easily one of, if not THE BEST, choices we made for our wedding. I am looking forward to keeping Carla in my corner and hopefully working with her again in the future and if not that, then certainly as a friend! She has a way of making you and your fiancé feel like you’ve known each other for years. You can tell she loves what she does and has a great deal of pride in her work product. Talented doesn’t begin to describe her. BOOK HER IMMEDIATELY. You won’t regret it!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Susan G

My short review: Hire "Details Made Simple" - it will be the best decision you make while planning your wedding! My longer review: I am a person who likes to be sure EVERY detail is taken into account (i.e. a bit of a control freak). When I entertain at home I like to make... Read More sure every guest is taken of and having a great time, usually forgetting that I should be enjoying the party as well! As many brides out there already know, you will get advice from everyone on just about everything the second you announce your engagement. The same happened for me, but as a control freak, I figured wedding planning would be easy and my wedding would go off without a hitch because naturally, I would be in control and taking care of all the details. And then, I received the best advice and was told to make sure I attended my wedding and did not "work my wedding." I took that advice and found Carla and Details Made Simple. I emailed her for more information and she called me back almost immediately. We chatted about the wedding, my vision, my need for everything to be perfect and when I hung up the phone I was already writing a check for the "Peace of Mind Package"; I assure you this was, by far, the best decision we made. We were married on June 11, 2016 and my wedding day was incredibly relaxing because Carla had it all under control. Any time I had a moment of panic, Carla literally appeared at my side asking what I needed; it was as if she was reading my mind! Her presence and assistance leading up to and on the day of my wedding gave me, my husband, my family, and my bridal party peace of mind that is worth more than money can buy. I was able to attend, enjoy, and soak up my wedding day and know that the details were taken care of. I would hire her again in a heartbeat and will continue to recommend her in the future. Your wedding day is one of the biggest days of your life and Carla and her team will help you enjoy that day to the fullest!

Reviewed on 4/20/2018 Rose H

I mainly hired a day-of wedding coordinator to figure out the timeline, and to make sure that I wasn't the one having to tell everyone where to go and when. April ended up doing SO much more, and handling much more than just the day of. My husband Jeff and I were married this... Read More past Saturday. April was in touch consistently from the time I hired her last summer. She talked me down off many ledges, and listened to me vent when I needed to! It was wonderful to know that the timeline was set, and that all the vendors were confirmed. The day of the wedding, everyone commented on how calm I was. That's because April took care of EVERYTHING, even things I wouldn't have ever thought of, and didn't know I needed. She even helped remind the pastor how the ceremony should go! I would highly recommend Details Made Simple if you want to truly enjoy your wedding day. We certainly did, and can't thank April enough!!

Reviewed on 4/16/2018 Rob F

We are incredibly happy with our experience with Brooke Watson and Details Made Simple. Our wedding in DC was at a challenging, unconventional space (Blind Whino in SW), and we hadn't even considered a coordinator. Our caterer highly recommended hiring somebody, so that we could... Read More get to actually be in the moment and experience our own party. Best advice we got ever. Brooke is fun, professional, warm and reassuring. And she made everything go incredibly smoothly, without us having to worry or have our phones blow up with texts and calls from vendors. We had a lot of last minute changes in plan/timeline, and she rolled with the punches and handled everything without us needing to stress about it. She was also very helpful to bounce ideas off of, and she made arrangements to be available in person when we were picking out our rental equipment, as well as the day of the walk through, which was above and beyond the scope of our agreement. I am a control freak, and I planned the heck out of the wedding, so handing control over to anybody was no easy feat for me. But Brooke handled me, and everything else, with grace and charm. I felt that we were in great hands, and it turned out exactly as we'd hoped it would.

Reviewed on 3/12/2018 Dominique B

We used Brooke Watson from Details Made Simple as our "day of" wedding coordinator. Although she was scheduled to really start to work a month before the wedding date, she made an exception to meet with us much earlier for a venue walk-through because both the bride and the... Read More mother-of-the-bride were both coming from out of town and scheduling was difficult. We had her attend both the rehearsal and the wedding day and she was super! Because of the nature of our venue (a public concert hall), set-up was limited to the morning of the event. We handed over all kinds of supplies & decor to Brooke at the rehearsal and she spent most of the wedding day making sure the reception venue was perfect for us upon arrival, coordinating with our florist, the caterer, and the venue staff. After making sure all was great at the reception hall, she shifted to the church where we had pre-ceremony pictures. With 8 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, and tons of family, she did a great job of "herding cats" to make sure everyone was where they needed to be. Her toolkit of repair tools came in handy to fix a variety of disasters, from split groomsman pants, shirt studs that came apart, and a wilted groom's boutonniere repaired with flowers from a bridesmaid's bouquet. During the reception, she kept us on our schedule and did a great job of reigning in a bandleader who went a bit off script with the schedule of events. Mother-of-the-bride is a bit of a "Type A" personality and made a master spreadsheet of events, timeline, etc. and Brooke was gracious in dealing with that level of crazy. She was sweet and helpful and made everything run as smoothly as humanly possible. We are so glad we hired Brooke and Details Made Simple.

Reviewed on 1/28/2018 Joanne E

There’s so many good things to say about Carla at Details Made Simple that I don’t know where to start. We chose the Peace of Mind Package which allowed us to enjoy the day of and day before with ease. Carla was amazing help who came up with ideas and options that I would have... Read More never thought of myself for my wedding. So thank God for her. She was easily accesible, on top of everything that needed to be done, super organized, and most importantly a wonderful and caring person to work with. I highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Michelle B

We were lucky enough to have Carla as our day of coordinator. I don't know how we would have done the wedding day without her! We got married in Garwood, NJ, but planned the wedding from our home in Orlando, FL. Due to the long distance, a coordinator was a must have on my list.... Read More Not only did Carla help us navigate through the last leg of our planning journey, she helped us regain most of our sanity by translating vendor speak, helping us find solutions to some tricky venue issues, and herding our very large (and mostly type A) family members day of. She attended vendor meetings in our place, Facetimed us from the venue, dropped off paperwork, the list goes on and on. Imagining the wedding day, I was so worried about everyone contacting me with questions, concerns, and problems, but I didn't hear a peep - Carla helped us plan all the logistics and all I did was listen to her and follow her direction. Our wedding day was seamless and everything we had hoped it would be. I have give much of the credit to Carla for making the day what it was! On top of it all, Carla is sweet and very personable with a great sense of humor; trust me - you need to giggle during this process and we did a lot of laughing with Carla. I wish we could do it all over again, but have Carla more involved - it would have been worth every penny!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Jamie K

Shanika was absolutely amazing. From the moment my family met her until the last second of my wedding night she was hands on, helpful, detailed orientated, and compassionate. She is such a go-getter and really made sure all the venders executed my wedding to perfection. Any... Read More bride would really be incredibly lucky to have Shanika as their wedding day coordinator!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Christina R

We are so grateful that we had Shanika helping us on our wedding day. She truly gave us peace of mind. She handled all the details and possibly awkward situations so that we didn't have to. Our photographer even told us that he literally would not have been able to do his job... Read More without her there making sure things ran smoothly. There were some times before the wedding day that she was late or delayed with her responses, but she really was the so great on our wedding day! Thanks!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jean P

We worked with Details Made Simple for our Philly wedding, and worked with Kim and it was absolutely the best choice we made. We had a very DIY wedding at the Asian Arts Initiative, where we really had to do everything and hired a lot of different vendors, and had to come in... Read More the day to set everything up ourselves and then come back the day after to clean it all up. We chose the "Peace of Mind" package, as we were comfortable doing it all ourselves, but needed someone to orchestrate the big day and just give us some literal peace of mind and advice along the way. From our first phone call before we even hired her when she asked a lot of questions for her own information that also helped us get clarity on what we needed to do, she was already a huge help. Then leading up to the wedding, I cc-ed her on most of my emails to vendors, asked her random questions via email and she was always very responsive and with helpful insight. She came and did a venue walk-through with us and helped us think through all the details we never would have considered for set up and transition between ceremony and reception. The week before our wedding when we were busy greeting out of town guests, she was calling all of our vendors to confirm their time and everything else. She came the day before to do a final walk through as were finishing setting everything up and then doing the actual rehearsal with us, and then 10 hours the next day.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Carolyn C

We hired Detail Made Simple for the VIP package to help with some of the wedding tasks and primarily for day of wedding coordination for my wedding on September 30. My coordinator Shanika was top notch! Not only was she able to suggest great vendors and help keep us on track... Read More with our schedule, she was beyond amazing the week of the wedding and most especially the day of the wedding. Shanika is a total professional and my wedding day went off without any snags! All my vendors were pleased to work with her which made everything run smoothly. I HIGHLY recommend Shanika and DMS!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Margaret P

April from Details Made Simple truly lived up to the company's name! As a detail oriented person myself, I couldn't believe some of the details she thought of and so easily answered any question or dilemma we had! She was calm, cool, and collected, and was by our sides during... Read More the night making sure we had everything we needed. Do yourself the biggest favor for your wedding day and have April there!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Jessica C

We recently worked with Shade from Details Made Simple for our wedding on 9/23/2017. Shade was extremely organized, helpful, and made sure everything ran smoothly. Our photographer and other vendors really enjoyed working with her and all had great things to say! All throughout... Read More the process Shade made herself available to us and helped in many ways including meeting us at our venue a few weeks in advance for a walk through, coordinating vendor arrivals, making sure the venue knew how to set up decor and florals, and helping to organize the day of and reception timeline. She was a pleasure to work with!! Many thanks!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Elizabeth H

Kim was amazing! From our very first conversation she helped me feel like everything was on track, and was right on the same page with what we envisioned for our wedding. The day of not only did she and LaToyah keep everything on track, Kim was also up a ladder fixing... Read More lighting, moving tables, and making sure that my husband and I could celebrating with our family and friends. I honestly cannot say enough good things and we thank her from the bottom of our hearts!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Kate B

I can't say enough wonderful things about April! Through the entire process she was organized, thorough, and professional, as well as incredibly friendly and easy to work with. Planning was a breeze because of her coordination with all the vendors and attention to detail, and... Read More on the day of the wedding I felt totally comfortable and confident leaving everything in her hands. We all got to enjoy our incredibly special day with our minds at ease knowing April could handle any hiccup that came her way. I've already been recommending her to friends!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Bernadette B

Our day of coordinator, Shadé, was nothing less than amazing. From her first prompt email response to her helping with the breakdown and cleanup at the end of our wedding she handled every aspect of our wedding with expertise and professionalism. Our wedding was at a... Read More non-traditional venue without a maître d' so Shadé did all of the work scheduling deliveries and the timeline of our wedding day. She also helped put out decor and made our vision for the day a reality. We had a small "emergency" the day of (no batteries for 100 flameless candles necessary for our sunset park wedding) and she took care of it as if it was hardly a problem. Hiring Shadé was the best investment we made for our wedding day because of the peace of mind she provided.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Jackie P

I can't even find the words to describe how much our wedding planner, Candice, and day of coordinator, Zaakira, were absolute LIFESAVERS! I could not have done it without them. I was a nervous bride and felt like I knew nothing about the whole process, and my groom and I didn't... Read More have a clear vision for what we wanted it to look like. Candice walked us through all of it, including dealing with a particularly difficult person, making sure we had everything covered for our non-traditional venue, and last minute pouring rain at what was planned to be an outdoor ceremony. Everything turned out absolutely beautiful and Candice kept us on track through it all, and most importantly made us feel calm about all of it! I cannot recommend them strongly enough!!!! Candice is THE BEST!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Peggy S

Kim was amazing from the very beginning. During planning, she listed to what we wanted and after sifting through LOTS of venues, she helped us find our DREAM wedding spot. Especially planning a wedding from across the country, she was instrumental, even going to see venues... Read More with my mother when I couldn't be there. She answered questions along the way and helped keep me on a timeline. Every time I asked her for a piece of advise, she was there, professional, and honest. On the day of the wedding, she was amazing. Even while juggling everything else that was going on, she spent hours finalizing our guest seat card board. She kept us on schedule throughout the night, and thanks to her (and her coordination with EVERY other vendor), everything went smoothly. The next morning we were delighted to find that amidst the whirlwind, she had found a way to get everything that was important to us from the reception space up to our suite, safe and sound. If I ad to do it all over again, Kim would be the first call I'd make. Thank you, Details Made Simple!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Sonya M

Shade was wonderful as our day of coordinator. Our wedding was a traditional Indian wedding with almost 400 people, so managing the event was not easy. The wedding was in Morristown, NJ but I lived in Northern Virginia so a lot of our communication was via email and phone.... Read More Nonetheless we were able to connect often to exchange all pertinent information. She made helpful suggestions on items she knew I'd prefer to customize, like a seating chart through Etsy. After providing all the vendors and details, she helped me keep my head straight with a feasible timeline. She also brought up food from cocktail hour for my parents and I, which was great because I was starving by 530pm with only coffee and half sandwich in me! She stayed until the bittersweet end of the reception to make sure all our gifts and cards were taken care of and went to our hotel room. My comments: 1) I think she could've had another helper for crowd control purposes. After the ceremony, there was no direction on where guests should proceed to for post ceremony snacks, so 350ish people were quite confused. I got flustered a bit seeing that and wondered why no one was there because we needed to stay in the ceremony hall for pictures with our families. By the time guests reached the post ceremony reception, food was already gone because earlier guests took many items, much more than they should have. I don't know if this is the hotel's fault or not, but if someone else was there to direct people, it would've worked better. 2) Along the same lines for cocktail hour and dinner. People crowded to one side of the food area while the other side was completely open. People later saw there was another side and it did even out. 3) The first two rows were supposed to be saved for bridesmaids and groomsmen ahead of time. 4) Next time in preparing a timeline for Indian weddings more time should be allowed for family photos. This felt very "bumpy" as everyone dispersed after the ceremony.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 ELAINE V

For our daughter’s wedding, we chose Kim Martir from Details Made Simple as our “day of” coordinator. When we first met her last year, we were impressed with her organized approach and how well she listened to us. Her pleasant, engaging and confident style convinced us that... Read More she was going to be a great partner. As things began to get busy about three months before the wedding, Kim visited the church and reception venue with us. We found this extremely helpful in validating what had been completed and creating a list of everything that needed to be accomplished by the wedding day. When we changed our minds about the format for our final meeting, Kim was flexible in accommodating our request for an in-person meeting rather than a conference call. It was so helpful having the three of us in the same room as we thought through all the final arrangements. By the time this meeting was over, we were confident all was going to go well…and it did! On the morning of the wedding, we went through a few last minute changes then handed it off to Kim for the rest of the day. Everything could not have gone more smoothly. Even a minor issue with a vendor was handled quickly, professionally and with no impact on us. We enjoyed everything the day had to offer thanks to Kim. We didn’t have to worry about whether the flowers showed up on time or the musicians were in place. We focused on interacting with our guests and the smiling faces of our daughter and new son-in-law. We strongly recommend Kim Martir of Details Made Simple for anyone who wants a stress-free wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Emma C

Shanika was the best! She was so professional and accommodating to all our needs. I had full confidence in her leading up to our big day which took away a lot of stress. The day of she delivered by transforming our venue into a fairytale and handling everything. I was... Read More completely unaware of any issues, if there were any. Alex and I highly recommend DMS and Shanika's services!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Whitney K

Finding a great wedding planner was so important because I planned a New Jersey wedding while living in Seattle, WA. From the moment I received the first email from Candice, I knew I was in great hands. Every time I had a question (and I had lots!) throughout the planning... Read More process, she was quick to respond and always so kind and helpful. We had quite a few phone/skype calls during the planning process. Candice ensured we were always on task. I couldn't have been as calm and relaxed as I was if it weren't for her!! Then came the wedding day....she was unbelievable. I didn't have to worry about a single thing all day. All of my family and all of bridesmaids told me many times how wonderful she was too! I highly recommend Details Made Simple and I hope you're lucky enough to work with Candice!! :-)

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Whitney C

I don’t know where to start. Michele Chu at Details Made Simple, you have been absolutely amazing. My dream wedding wouldn’t have happened without you. In spite of thunderstorms and downpours in the area, Michele kept our vendors from forcing us to have an indoor ceremony,... Read More convinced the setup crew to wait and setup the ceremony last minute, and all this just in time for the rain to break! Our gorgeous ceremony was exactly what I wanted and only outside because of you. You are professional, energetic, and I had a blast working with you. From the very beginning of planning to the very end, you were always there with great advice, recommendations and support. You understood my busy schedule and made the wedding planning process easy. I don't know how anyone plans a wedding without a coordinator, and even more importantly, gets everything done, and on time the day of the wedding without a coordinator. I was not stressed at all because I knew you had everything under control and every detail covered. Thank you for making my wedding a day I will never forget. I highly recommend Michele Chu to be the coordinator of your wedding day or any big event! Sincere thanks and gratitude, Michele (7.14.17, Princeton, NJ).

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Rachel M

This review is long overdue. Carla, LaToyah, and the rest of the team at Details Made Simple made our wedding last month absolutely perfect. Our 200 person wedding was on a family-owned property outdoors. As with any wedding there was obviously tons of prep, but we had the added... Read More work of clearing the ground, mowing the grass (many acres of it), and renting/making everything ourselves. Even without a venue owner, Carla came in and new exactly what to do. She created beautiful flower bouquets, managed all the setup (which looked SO AMAZING!!), and stayed the entire time to keep the schedule flowing and on track. I've planned events before so I was worried about being stressed on the actual day of, but with Carla and LaToyah on site, I knew everything would get taken care of. Ladies, I can't thank you enough. From the first phone call to the final email, you've been nothing but awesome!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Linda J

When we were planning our wedding, we asked some friends who had just gotten married for advice on planning. They suggested we hire Carla as our day of coordinator saying we would not regret it. Sure enough, Carla was amazing; she was a godsend and not just in terms of helping... Read More us plan the wedding, but also keeping us calm and on task. She would check in on us from time to time, asking if we needed anything, she contacted our vendors, and on the day of, she made sure everyone was where they needed to be. Speaking of the day of, it seemed like there was no task that she couldn’t get done! We can’t recommend her enough. If you’re on the fence about hiring a coordinator, trust us: book her!

Meet The Coordinator

Carla Friday

Carla is proud to call Details Made Simple her own! As a Wedding Day Coordinator, Carla puts her meticulous organizational skills and professional list making to good use, and with years of event planning, graphic design, arts and crafts experience, she is able to make any brides big day memorable. “As the owner of such a unique company, I hold myself and my amazing team to exceeding our client’s expectations on a daily basis. Developing a personal relationship with each bride is the key to making each their wedding perfect and memorable, and this is important to us.” says Carla.