Dexter's Inn

Sunapee, NH

Idyllic Wedding Weekends at Country Estate

Imagine your own personal estate! Dexter's Inn is an affordable country estate blessed with an amazing view and idyllic grounds near Lake Sunapee and Mount Sunapee that combines the charm & hospitality of a bed & breakfast with the on-site activities & services of a small resort.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

258 Stagecoach Rd., Sunapee, NH

Wonderful experience!!!

Reviewed on 5/26/2013 T G

Our wedding was last summer, and I couldn't have been happier with the experience. It was so much fun! There is a tennis court, outdoor pool, and lawn games like croquet and shuffleboard. There is a little swing set area for small children. It was nice to book the inn for... Read More Friday and Saturday nights because I felt like I was able to spend time with everyone, which I don't hear a lot of brides say. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and each has its own bathroom. The breakfast is delicious, we got a lot of positive feedback about that. John, the innkeeper is really helpful and will give as much or as little feedback as you want through the planning process. I highly recommend Dexter's Inn!

Wonderful place!

Reviewed on 8/03/2012 Jen W

What a great place for a wedding! John was so nice and accommodating. We had so many families who needed a place to stay and he made them feel right at home. Everything was so relaxed and went really smoothly. It was deffinately the best day of my life!

Couldn't have asked for anything more...

Reviewed on 7/14/2011 Jennifer S

We had our wedding at Dexter's Inn on June 18, 2011. We rented out the entire Inn for the weekend and had complete access to everything. They closed their restaurant to the public and we were the only guests onsite all weekend. We had a pig roast on Friday night, which we put... Read More on ourselves and the wedding on Saturday catered by another vendor. We had an onsite "kid's party" inside the Inn, coordinated by Dexter's staff, while the wedding was outside and the reception was out in a tent. Everything was beautiful and everyone at Dexter's was fabulous!! John was everywhere he needed to be and I hardly even noticed his staff as they set things up, cleaned up as we went and coordinated every aspect of the weekend seemlessly. I've heard that all of the kids had an awesome time and I was impressed with the arts & crafts they left with. We never even looked at another venue as we live a mile away which was too convenient and we just loved it during our first tour. I am so happy we chose Dexter's and would do it again in a heartbeat!! (My total cost was our cost, the guests staying for the weekend paid for their own rooms.)

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Megan S

This was honestly the most magical place! The scenery was out of this world awesome! The Inn Keeper, John, is incredibly knowledgeable, organized and very professional. He helped us through all the logistics which was great. Everything is all right there onsite, which is very... Read More convenient and intimate. We rented out the entire Inn for the weekend with family and close friends. Had a BBQ the night before and our wedding on the front lawn and reception in the tent the next day. The food is outstanding! Every room is different, which is really neat. Lots of character there. There are some trails in the back part of the property which are very beautiful. Look no further, this is the best, most reasonable and beautiful place!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Andrea S

I can't say enough good words about my wedding experience at Dexter's Inn!! It was the perfect venue - beautiful, fun, friendly & helpful staff!! John is excellent. I planned my wedding from Colorado and he made the experience stress-free. He is professional, communicates well... Read More and often, helpful, knowledgable, extremely flexible, and welcoming. His calm demeanor helped me stay calm too all weekend, and he even served as a day-of wedding planner and vendor coordinator. He even facilitated our entire ceremony rehearsal!! It was obvious the work and care he puts into the Inn, and he put the same work and care into our wedding weekend. We filled all the rooms with guests starting Friday, and held both our ceremony on reception on property - I couldn't have asked for better, and all our guests loved it!! It has more character than an average hotel, while being completely comfortable, and the property is unbelievably stunning!! Rolf Schmidt, the in-house caterer, is an excellent choice with this venue as well. The food is delicious, great service, and competitive pricing. I would recommend this place to anyone for a New England wedding!!

So Happy

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 CAITLYN C

It's been a month since we got married at Dexter's so I've had some time to reflect. It was such a great experience and we've received numerous compliments from our family and friends. 1. Everything is on site. Beginning with the rehearsal dinner, through the ceremony,... Read More reception, and goodbye brunch- everything (including lodging for several guests) was "on campus." This was such a nice touch. I didn't realize what a benefit it would be when we booked, but it was amazing. 2. You can bring a bartender and buy all of your own alcohol. An enormous cost savings. Our caterer brought a bartender and we purchased all of the beer, wine, and alcohol ourselves. The N.H. state liquor store will accept returns on anything unopened and unchilled so there isn't a worry about over or under buying. You're also not paying tax (9%) or tip (20%) on that. 3. John is great! John, the owner, is very helpful and the venue fee includes his expertise. 4. It's beautiful. The property is a typical N.H. setting with a view of the lake and mountain. It's a big piece of land and you rent out the entire place for the weekend. There are several lawn games, which our guests really enjoyed. It made it more of a getaway for them as well. I really can't say enough good things. We're so happy we got married at Dexter's Inn.

Great Wedding Weekend

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Jillian H

Dexter's Inn was not only a beautiful place to get married, but it was a wonderful retreat that our entire bridal party and family could stay at "on location" for the entire weekend. The staff were incredibly helpful through the whole process and there for us every step of the... Read More wedding day. The guest rooms and breakfast area could use some updating and TLC, however the grounds and tent were beautiful. I would say compared to other local venues you get a better "bang for your buck." The Inn included a large breakfast for the guests and was able to offer us a reasonable caterer for the wedding dinner.

Great Place

Reviewed on 11/03/2010 Katie C

Some of my guests stayed here for our wedding and the staff was helpful, friendly, and made everyone feel welcome.

Absolutely fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/10/2010 Jana F

My vision for my wedding was to have an outdoor ceremony and reception with a beautiful view, a place that has lodging and activities to give out-of-town guests lenty to do -- and Dexter's Inn exceeded my expectations! I got all those things plus a friendly ever-present staff.... Read More Th inn owner and his staff went out of their way to provide us with whatever we needed. John Augustine also was available at all times before the wedding to help with planning and our slew of questions. Love, love, loved this venue!