Diamond Event Center & Catering

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Centrally located in Brunswick, Ohio, Diamond Event Center & Catering's remodeled venue makes a charming, elegant setting for weddings and receptions. With over 50 years of catering and events experience, Diamond Event Center & Catering offers several flexible full-service event packages throughout its three glamorous ballroom spaces and wedding chapel.

onsite is charmingly decorated with candles and flowers, and includes seating for up to 150 guests. A private bridal dressing room is available for preparation.

both feature a head table accented by an elegantly draped backdrop, which is ideal for first-look photography.

has a beautiful white arbor that creates a romantic atmosphere for wedding photography. Suitable as a banquet hall, cocktail lounge or wedding chapel, the space accommodates up to 70 reception guests, or 120 ceremony guests.

combines the Marquise and Emerald ballrooms to accommodate up to 500 guests. It also offers one of the largest all-wood dance floors in Ohio.

Each reception package includes flexible catering menu options, exclusive rental of the chosen venue, high-quality table settings and a selection of decor. A professional in-house DJ is available to entertain reception guests and provide ceremony music. These include specialty packages for dinner or a cocktail hour. The Diamond Event Center & Catering team is also on-call to assist in the booking and coordination of live music to be performed upon request.

The venue is located within a larger shopping plaza. A staff fee, sales tax, service charge and equipment security deposit will be determined by Diamond Event Center & Catering upon planning the event. A signed contract is required to reserve an event date, along with a non-refundable deposit, which is determined by the number of guests. A further deposit is required for rental of equipment, such as tables and chairs. All menus will be planned and finalized at least two weeks before the event.

All dinner packages include:

• Five hours ballroom use
  • Standard linen package
  • Napkins of choice (25 colors are available)
  • Choice of standard centerpiece
  • China crockery
  • Stainless steel flatware and chafers
  • White table skirts
  • Custom setup and cleanup of venue
  • Cake cut, plated and boxed

Additionally, a sound system, karaoke machine and digital projector are offered for audiovisual entertainment options. A variety of centerpieces and card boxes are also available for the event.

Hosting a wedding at Diamond Event Center also includes:

• An onsite event manager, security guard, and uniformed bar and wait staff
  • Two bartenders for events of over 160 guests

Additional sophisticated decor are available upon request including:

• Professional up-lighting
  • Ice sculptures
  • Candelabra

Affordable Elegance

Where dreams meet budgets and fall in love. Elegant ballrooms, appealing American cuisine, generous polished wood dance floors, professional staff and much more 'WOW' our brides and grooms. Conveniently located just two miles from I-71, with easy access to both the Cleveland and Akron areas.

Ballroom

Bow2008 09
Bow2008

1480 Pearl Road, Brunswick, OH (330) 225-1995

Reviewed on 2/29/2016

I ABSOLUTELY loved having my January 30, 2016 wedding here! The staff was friendly and very easy to work with, and anything I asked of them, they were able to do, create or have available for me! The food was amazing and we received so many compliments about it! Very reasonably... Read More priced and a perfect size room for our wedding size of 147. The emerald room was gorgeous as well! Would definitely recommended this hall to anyone.

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 Emily S

Diamond Event Center is an amazing place to have a wedding reception. Kevin and his employees know how to make a wedding reception tons of fun! We even did our rehearsal dinner with them. Being from Texas, we wanted to do a Western theme for our rehearsal dinner and these... Read More guys made it happen! They even have karaoke and can muster up any song anyone wants to sing. They were very helpful from the very beginning, when we were picking out our colors, our layouts, etc. They were open to our ideas and had some great recommendations of their own. On the day of our event, we were in shock at how beautiful our room was; our family and friends were also amazed at how gorgeous our reception was. The DJ did a fabulous job, the staff kept our guests happy, and the food was beyond amazing; the dance floor was never empty and no guest was ever bored. They definitely made the stress of planning a wedding reception easier to deal with, and we would love to use them again in the future.

Best Day Ever!

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Kelly M

Having our wedding ceremony and reception at Diamond Event Center was an easy decision as I have attended several events here before. The ballrooms are beautiful before they are ever dressed in linens, lighting or decorations! The staff is easy to work with - they don’t say “no”... Read More to anything! Their Chapel seats 120 guests which was perfect for our size event. We upgraded to the Diamond Premiere Linens and the room and chapel looked amazing - everyone commented on the layout, linens and colors. We also used the house DJ (I love one stop shopping!) and they did an amazing job with all of our special dances, they even coordinated a slide show to play during the Father Daughter Dance. They also supplied the ceremony music and helped me determine the timing so I walked down the aisle at the exact time I wanted to during the song I chose. Seems like a small thing but it meant the world to me and was time and effort on their end! They played anything we asked for and the dancers had a blast. I literally received compliments on every morsel of food we choose - the house herb vinaigrette salad dressing was so light and tasty, the red skin potatoes were amazing, the beef was great and the house horseradish sauce served with it was the best ever tasted, but the pork chops by far got the most compliments - moist, tender, delicious, cut them with your fork good! Saturday we walked into a party and had the time of our lives - Diamond’s staff did the rest. And they did it efficiently and unobtrusively, you never knew they were there and the tables were cleared from dinner almost as quickly as dinner was served. This was a big plus for us because it left us with over 3 hours to dance and party with our guests. We also rented the up lighting and after dinner when the lights were dimmed and the walls were glowing in green light the “wows” from our guests started all over! Everything Diamond Event Center did for our event was 110% and it showed! Everyone in attendance had a great time and we are still getting compliments weeks later.

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 tanna m

I was very impressed with their professionalism and attention to detail. They made my day feel important and they were reasonably priced. I was looking for simple, elegant, classy and easy to work with and they were all of the above.

Great Venue with a Great Price!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Michelle M

When we were planning our wedding, there were a few things that we were looking for in our reception venue. Pricing was huge for us since we were paying for the wedding ourselves, a beautifully decorated space, the ability to host a wedding ceremony in addition to the... Read More reception, and a friendly and helpful staff to name a few. We found all this in Diamond Event Center. It doesn’t look much from the outside as it shares a parking lot with a strip mall but as soon as you walk in you are greeted by a beautiful foyer with a fireplace and a welcoming staff member to give you a tour of their venue. We fell in love with the place as soon as we walked in. They have two different reception spaces that you can choose from for your event as well as a smaller room that they consider their “chapel” that we could have our ceremony in and our guests could go right into the reception hall right afterwards for the reception. We were getting married in the off season and they offered off season pricing for their meal packages as well as “coupons” that we could use to add onto our package including a certain amount off of renting the chapel, AV options which we used because we were showing a slide show, uplighting, flower petals in every color you can imagine, a staff dj, etc. They offer a lot of options for their brides to choose from, a one stop shop per say instead of going to multiple vendors. You do have to purchase your own alcohol for this hall which we found to actually be cheaper in the end when looking at venues that included the alcohol in their pricing. My advice is to listen to the staff in regards to how much alcohol to buy, we over bought and still have liquor from the wedding almost a year later! Also, I would take the time to do a taste test of their menu to pick the options that taste the best for your liking and your family and friends liking. We did not do this because we fell in love with everything else and wish we could have tasted a couple of other things besides what we chose for our menu. The staff was wonderful throughout the entire planning process! We made multiple visits to the hall, sometimes unannounced, and every staff person we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. They were very responsive to all of our questions, catered to all of our requests and they also have someone on staff that will decorate the tables for you as well in your wedding colors. For a bride like me that is not that creative when it comes to decorating, this was much appreciated and she did a beautiful job on all of our extra tables such as the cake table, memorial candle table, etc.. We were also allowed in the day before to add our own decorations to the reception room as well as decorate the chapel room which we had to decorate ourselves, except for the runner and the flower petals we requested from the venue. On the day of the wedding, they executed everything to our specifications and our day went beautifully! We were even able to do our pictures in the foyer instead of leaving the premises since we did get married in the fall which was a nice option for us because we wanted to get to the party as soon as possible after saying I do! I would highly recommend Diamond Event Center to other brides to be out there looking for a beautiful space with a professional staff that doesn’t break the bank!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Sarah K

We were very pleased with the Diamond Event Center. We had our wedding reception there and they made the process so easy and much less stressful for us! Everything we needed for the reception was provided, such as table linens in our colors, center pieces, food, uplighting, even... Read More a DJ! It's a one stop shop for weddings and they were all so professional and friendly. They did an amazing job and would recommend the Diamond Event Center for any event!

Our Amazing Night

Reviewed on 10/12/2012 Lyndsey K

This was the second place we visited while looking for a venue and we fell in love with their customer service and their willingness to do whatever we needed to make our day ours. We went to an open house to show our parents where we chose. They had a lovely set up of multiple... Read More options for the table decor and lighting and there were also numerous sampling of starters like soup and chicken bites. We also liked how they had a night where you could come and sample the most popular items on their food menu and also the chocolate fountain. But if there were other items you wanted to try they would call you when someone else was having it for you their wedding and you could stop by and get a portion. It was nice that we had a few days before the wedding to be able to set up the room the way we wanted but when we stepped into the room they had the tables set up and it was beautiful. Our sweetheart table alone was something i couldn't have done myself. They welcomed that we wanted to introduce some little touches around the room. They let us have our own candy station, thumbprint guestbook, paper straws and personalized napkins at the bar. I will say the amount of food you get for the package you pick is amazing. I've heard so many of our guests tell us how good the food was and how friendly the staff was during the reception. I felt like everything went the way we wanted it and they were so helpful in getting us to that. I don't think either my husband or I would have changed a thing.

More then we expected

Reviewed on 5/30/2012 jamie s

this place was more then me and my husband expected to have on our day! we knew what we got but it all looked so elegant together. we would do other parties here!

Exterior

Reviewed on 1/08/2012 Jennifer R

I could not find any pictures of what this place looked like from the outside. Now I know why. It is located in a shopping plaza, next to a big thrift store. Exterior/location is BAD. If you really don't mind the outside, the interior is nice.

the answer to a bride's dreams!

Reviewed on 11/09/2011 Kelly S

Diamond event center was the perfect spot for our wedding and reception. We took full advantage of the optional services available including Dj, uplighting, chapel, and table decor- just to name a few. The staff was super friendly and so easy to work with. Any and all questions... Read More were answered promptly and to my utmost satisfaction. The food? The food was phenomenal- we added on a collection of appetizers on top of our buffet style dinner and our guests couldn't stop raving about how much they loved the food and how it wasn't like your typical wedding food. The only real drawback to the entire venue is the location in a small shopping plaza, but if you can get past the fact that you wont be spending the entire night of your wedding out in the parking lot, its a great place. definately will be recommending this place to my family and friends for parties. Thank you diamond event center.

Fantastic Staff, Beautiful Hall

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Nicole H

The staff are fabulous. Super friendly and cater to your needs. I had no worries with putting my wedding in the hands of The Diamond Event Center (and I am a perfectionist and a bit anal at times) :) The hall was just what we were looking for; very subtle, nuetral setting.... Read More something that we could add a lot of color too that wouldnt clash with the reception hall. our colors were fushia, burnt orange and dark purple, and the hall fit perfectly with our color theme. the food was great!!!

Great Food and Service!

Reviewed on 8/02/2011 Jennifer S

Everyone LOVED the food! The staff was very helpful and flexible throughout the planning process up to the day of the event.

Great Value for Small Budgets

Reviewed on 7/14/2011 Kelly L

The Diamond Event Center is huge with an even bigger dance floor! They were bar far the most reasonably priced, especially for the value. They are very accomodating, and we received many compliments on the food. I highly recommend them for smaller budgets or big weddings. Do... Read More not judge them by the exterior, because the interior is MUCH better!

Reviewed on 6/29/2011 Cherie B

Everyone we dealt with at the Diamond Event center was friendly, helpful, and wonderful. the food was great, the recommended DJ was awesome. WE could not have asked for a better reception.

Reviewed on 1/20/2011 Amy S

Great place for a reception. The food was good, the dance floor was great and the staff was very professional

Rating for Diamond Event Center & Catering

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Melanie N

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Anne C

The people that work there were very helpful in getting everything that we needed and even gave us suggestions on how to do things. The food was petty good and the bar staff was very professional.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Aimee L. J

Oh, they were just wonderful - the food was superb - bartenders awesome - they remembered a joke I wanted to play on my mom, they put a flag up for us as it was Veteren's Day (I forgot all about it) and they let us bring our motorcycle in! Kevin, the owner worked with us on... Read More some of the bar stuff - his advice was right on! I would recommend ANYONE to use this venue for anything! People still comment on how wonderful the wait staff was and how they kept the tables clean - They gave us a perfect reception!

Reviewed on 10/18/2008 Julie C

food price friendliness/helpfulness of staff

Reviewed on 9/30/2007 Diana D

The hall was just remodeled in 2005, and fit the size of my wedding perfectly. The owner of the reception hall was extremely helpful and took pride in their facility. The food at the hall was also really good in my opinion.

Reviewed on 9/09/2007 Heather H

The people were great and helpful.