Divine Destination Weddings & Honeymoons -#1 by theKNOT

California, CA

Save Time & Money. Why wouldn't you use an expert?

April Schmitt, is recognized in the travel industry as a leading destination wedding, honeymoon and romance travel expert. She has been published in such bridal and travel publications as: Martha Stewart, Condé Nast Brides, Destination Weddings I Do, Luxury Agent Magazine, Sacramento Bride & Groom, Our Wedding, The Perfect Wedding Guide and Travel Weekly. She has achieved prestigious industry awards such as: Top 25 Travel Agents in the USA, Curator of Travel, Presidents Club and the 2016 Trendsetter in Group Travel Award. These accomplishments have earned her agency the prestigious affiliation with Signature Travel Network. April & her remarkable team have planned over 600 weddings and are ready to plan your destination wedding & honeymoon.

Honeymoon, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Honeymoon Planning, Planning

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Sandi T

I cannot rave enough about April and Divine Deatination Weddings! I keep telling people that working with them was the best decision I could have ever made when it came to the wedding planning process. I had 90 high profile (and very high maintenance) guests attend my... Read More destination wedding in the Riviera Maya two weeks ago and they handled reservations, from start to finish for every guest flawlessly. They went above and beyond. Until I decided to work with them I was spinning my wheels for two months trying to do research on my own to figure out where to even have my wedding. After one conversation with April I was so relieved and knew she would help me find the perfect venue for my wedding and she did. She worked with me from start to finish, handled all booking and correspondence with my guests as well as worked as a go between with me and the resort. She helped me pull off my dream wedding and I couldn't have done it without her. She was invaluable and saved me from pulling my hair out at least once a week. I cannot recommend April and Devine Destination Weddings enough.

2017-01-03T14:47:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It means so much! You and your guests were wonderful to work with. I look forward to working with you in the future as you celebrate many anniversaries in the years to come! -April Schmitt,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 Lauren B

April and her staff have been incredible! From setting up our site visits in the very beginning of our wedding planning journey, to travel arrangements for all our guests, everything has been a breeze. They even assisted us in finding the best catamaran trip for our group. They... Read More responded to emails and phone calls promptly, not just to us but to all of our guests. We couldn't be happier with the service. Thank you Divine Destination Weddings for making our dream come true in Punta Cana, DR!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015

I would highly recommend April Schmidt of Divine Destination Weddings and Honeymoon for planning a destination wedding. She was instrumental in finding a resort that meet all of our requirements and was ideal for our family. Her knowledge of locations and specific properties was... Read More unparalleled. It was a great relief to talk to someone who had been to all the destinations and could be explicit in describing the pros and cons. Once we booked the resort, April took care of all of the details and communication with our guests who were coming from all over the world. They felt that she was very personable and responsive in booking their arrangements. Upon arrival, we were met by drivers as expected and the resort did not disappoint, in fact it was fabulous. The wedding was absolutely lovely. I am grateful to have had April’s expertise in making the wedding such a success.

Reviewed on 2/08/2018

Dana helped us plan our dream honeymoon and she was an absolute pleasure to work with! This was the first time we use a travel agency and we are so glad we went with Divine Destination Weddings. We traveled to Thailand for our honeymoon and we had an incredible time. Everything... Read More went smoothly and as planned which we could not have done on our own. Dana was flexible and always available to talk which helped make the experience of planning our honeymoon stress-free. We highly recommend Divine Destination Weddings! You are in great hands with their spectacular service. We are thankful for their work in making our dream honeymoon come true!

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 Ephy A

Although I found her through a random query with Expedia, working with April and her team was one of the best aspects of the wedding planning process. My husband and I were newbies to destination weddings, and wedding planning in general, but April was informative, attentive,... Read More solution-driven, and an absolute expert in her field. Her guidance and constant support was exactly what we needed to help us find the perfect venue, visit the site, wrangle all of our guests, and answer all of their questions (not just ours)! April and her team were always available for those frenzied calls or emails; their customer service and responsiveness are unmatched. With April’s help, we were able to have an unforgettable destination wedding with dozens of our closest family and friends, and she supported us to improve coordination with the resort and incorporate key cultural traditions that are very different than your average destination wedding. Everyone had an amazing time, and April’s team deftly helped our guests work through weather-related and other travel issues. Their expert focus on the logistics really reduced our stress level and helped us focus on the wedding details that really mattered to us. For anyone considering whether to use Divine’s services, it’s an emphatic YES from us! To April, Kelly, and the whole Divine team, we want to extend our warmest gratitude for all of your help and support in the nearly one year we have been in touch. Our wedding was really magical, and the whole Dreams Riviera Cancun team was great. Our family and friends really enjoyed their entire time in Cancun—from the helpful pre-travel resources to the airport shuttle service and the resort. Your services and support exceeded our humble expectations. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Megan U

I recently was married in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico at the TheRoyal. Kelly Good helped me every step of the way in realizing my wedding dreams and executing them flawlessly. The whole epxierience was stress free and allowed me more time to take every moment in with my husband and... Read More loveones. I couldn’t have done this without her and I encourage brides to take a look into destination weddings. If you want stellar service book with Kelly Good at Divine Destinations. She is the absolute best. She and Divine Destinations have my business for life.

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Dallen G

Melanie of Divine Destinations was absolutely amazing! She made our honeymoon like how I imagined a honeymoon should be ! All of the airport connections, transportation, the best activities, incredible resorts, and she gave us a booklet of everything that was so super organized... Read More it made the whole trip a breeze. We'll be calling again for our anniversary ;)

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Dallen G

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Emily S

Highly recommend Melanie D. for honeymoon & vacation planning! She is a great listener & is incredibly knowledgeable...We had an absolutely fabulous honeymoon in Italy and are very grateful to Melanie for her guidance.

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Mike S

I have never used a travel service before and when planning your honeymoon as a surprise every detail must be perfect. Emily and the team made the process fun, informative, and stress-free! They can take your vision and turn it into an incredible adventure with all the... Read More transportation and lodging arrangements booked and ready. If you don't know where or what you want, don't worry...they'll help you brainstorm and review potentials. Bottom line, going with Divine Destination was absolutely the right decision.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Gina M

April and her team are fabulous! Super helpful and accommodating. Choosing a destination wedding venue can be super overwhelming. After a quick call with April to discuss where and what we were looking for she sent us several options just a few days later. Once we choose the... Read More resort April took care of mostly everything from that point on. I only had to step in of course to talk to the wedding planner and coordinators at the resort. If you are planning on doing a destination wedding or just planing a special trip I highly recommend using Divine destinations. Thank you to April and her team for helping us find our venue for our very special day! Gina

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Diana O

We worked with Melanie, and she was lovely to work with. Very friendly and knowledgable. We were so grateful to have it all planned out, it greatly reduced our stress and made the whole trip flow with ease.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Mike M

Working with Melanie at Devine Destinations was one of the best choices we made while planning our wedding. Melanie guided us through all things during the process and made our Cabo San Lucas wedding perfect. Her attention to detail, client service and follow-up was impeccable... Read More and made our friends and family's experience exceptional. She worked with us to pick location, rooms, wedding details and was always patient and a kind voice during the most stressful of wedding planning situations. We all need someone like Melanie on our team when planning a wedding...

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Chevon K

I had the pleasure of working with Melanie D. I cannot say enough great things about her! She made my wedding experience a positive one! Long story short, I wanted to have a destination wedding but it got messed up by another travel agent. I was in desperate need of help and... Read More found Melanie’s contact on The Knot. I had one conversation with Melanie and she immediately put me at ease by taking charge. Melanie relieved my stress and took care of business. I had countless conversations with Melanie at different times of the hour and she never complained. She allowed me to vent (a lot) and remained positive the entire time. She was my voice of reason and was there whenever I needed her. After realizing that I didn’t want a destination wedding, Melanie helped me pick a venue and organized activities around the wedding in a short period of time. She organized room blocks for my guests, monitored hotel RSVP’s, organized my rehearsal dinner and post wedding breakfast, reviewed contracts for discrepancies, drafted/proofread countless emails and important documents last minute, and she organized a big bus tour to NYC for my guest to enjoy the day before my wedding. Any problems that arouse, Melanie stepped in and smoothed things over. Melanie took on the role as my travel agent, wedding planner, therapist, friend, and family member. She is very personable and has a “Can Do” attitude. Melanie never let me down or made me feel like I was a burden. Even after my wedding, Melanie checks on me. I’ve gained a friend during this process and that speaks volumes! Melanie was and will always be an important person in my life. I admire how super smart and business savvy she is. I’ve learned a lot from her and will be forever grateful. It has truly been a blessing to work with Melanie. She is definitely one of a kind!

2017-01-30T17:20:03 Response from the vendor

This is amazing and exactly the level of service we aim to provide 100% of the time. Thank you for taking a moment to write this very thoughtful review on our talented Melanie. Best to you and your husband! Warmly, April Schmitt, CEO

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Tori G

I worked with Dana F. in Virginia and she was fantastic. She helped me pick my dream honeymoon and took care of everything for us. It was so easy and stress free. I'm so glad I found her!

2016-12-28T16:55:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you appreciate Dana! Best to you and your hubby!!!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Jaclyn G

My experience with Divine Destination Weddings and Melanie D'Souza was beyond pleasant! I wanted a small and stress free destination wedding and that is exactly what I got! Melanie was always there to answer any questions that my family and I had, and there were a lot of... Read More questions, while always having a positive attitude. She assured that everything would go smooth, which it did, and that she was just a call away if we needed anything. I would highly recommend Divine Destination Weddings services to anyone looking to have a stress free destination wedding!

2016-12-24T15:42:31 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you and your family. I'm so happy that you had the wedding of your dreams! Can't wait to plan that next adventure with you and your hubby. :) Thank you for allowing me to assist in the planning... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Christina G

Melanie worked tirelessly to accommodate my husband and I along with our 46 guests. My dream was to have a wedding in Cancun and Melanie made my dreams come true with little to no stress for the groom and I. She took care of travel arrangements for all of us and made sure we... Read More received nothing less than the best services while traveling with Divine. I have already recommended her to a friend who will marry soon in Cabo and I would recommend her a million times over! Thank you Melanie!!

2016-12-02T09:58:06 Response from the vendor

It was a fun year+ of working together! Thank you allowing me to assist in the planning of your wedding. Can't wait for our next adventure together. :)

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Denver L

5 stars simply isn't enough to describe how awesome working with Melanie was. We were planning a honeymoon in the Caribbean and really just had no idea where to start since there are so many different places to go, but after describing what we were looking for, Melanie put... Read More together a comprehensive package that provided exactly what we wanted and fit within our budget even though we were being a total pain and constantly changing our minds on how much money we wanted to spend. By working with Melanie, we were able to procure rates that we probably wouldn't have been able to get had we booked ourselves. Not only that, but one of our original bookings fell through because the hurricane damaged the resort so we basically had to re-plan that entire part of the trip. Melanie was able to make arrangements and book our DREAM resort which all happened within a couple days. She took care of EVERYTHING for us and really took a load off our backs while we were consumed with planning our wedding. My wife and I are frequent international travelers (1-2 times a year out of the country) and have always planned our own trips. I think in the future, we'll just give Melanie a call because we trust her to put together the best itinerary you can possibly have - better than we can even do and I think we're pretty good at it! Just give them a call and let their amazing service speak for itself. You just can't go wrong.

2016-12-02T10:00:29 Response from the vendor

I am so happy that your honeymoon was everything and more! We certainly made lemonade out of lemons. :) Who would have thought that a hurricane could be a surprise gift? We made a great partnership throughout the planning and I can't wait for our... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Jason S

Melanie was amazing! Her knowledge of honeymoons, the region we wanted (Italy) and overall customer service was second to none. We were able to keep an ongoing, candid relationship throughout the entire process, and received a very personalized, spot-on itinerary. She was even... Read More available at all times during our trip to help answer questions as they came up/as we felt the inspiration to change a few things around. We would 100% work with Melanie again!

2016-11-02T14:25:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write this glowing review! I'm so happy to hear that Melanies excellent planning and service provided you with an amazing honeymoon. Cheers! April Schmitt, CEO

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 kristine m

I don't normally write lengthy reviews but I literally cannot praise Melanie D'Souza at Divine Destinations enough. We put off going on our honeymoon for 2 yrs because the thought of planning another big thing after the wedding seemed so daunting. Her first email stating her... Read More travel expertise and how she could help put me at ease immediately. It took another 6 months for me to reach out again but she was ready from the word go. Planning: All we knew was that we wanted to go to Barcelona and then lay on a beach in Europe. After our first conversation about what we might like, she researched and then presented a couple of itinerary suggestions. We chose to go with northern Spain – Barcelona, San Sebastian, Bilbao and the island of Mallorca. She not only chose hotel destinations but also coordinated transportation and activities for each city, balancing both our preferences as I like to see everything and my husband likes to be more relaxed on vacation. When I mentioned that we probably wouldn't take advantage of a car that she was planning to book for us in Mallorca, she read deeper into what that would mean for us. She did more research and suggested that we upgrade to a nicer hotel that was in more of a central part of the island that did not need a car. She found lower priced hotels for the other destinations to balance out the overall price. She gently kept the process moving and was patient when it took awhile to do the only task I wanted to do – which was buy the plane tickets with my credit card miles. Melanie never up sold us, but was very diligent about sticking to the budget that we discussed without any prodding from me, she treated our money like it was hers and always gave us options to spend down or splurge for each hotel location/activity. Before we left, she made sure to go over the trip details and sent us a packet with everything we needed to know, including her contact info and how to get ahold of anyone for help any time. The Trip! This seemed like an ambitious itinerary as we did not know how amazing every place was until we got there. Each hotel was always in a great location and seemed to give us just a little extra every time we checked in – whether it be a bottle of champagne or an upgraded room. One had a rooftop pool, all seemed to give us the nicest view available with an ocean view balcony for our last days. Like the other reviewers mentioned, every city, hotel and activity she set up for us was better than the one before. We came to see Barcelona but didn't realize all of Spain is so amazing. San Sebastian, picturesque beachside foodie capital, was a surprise favorite destination of ours and one that we would have never thought of on our own. Our time in Bilbao was surprisingly fun and our on the beach finale hotel in Mallorca island was everything I hoped it would be and more. All of Spain is so amazing, in addition to being picturesque it is a wine and foodie lover's dream! Truly an unforgettable time! Thank you so much Melanie for taking away all the stress of planning so that we could just hop on a plane and enjoy our long awaited honeymoon!!!!

2016-09-28T08:50:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your nice words. I am so glad that you had such a fabulous belated-honeymoon. It was so fun to plan with you...let's do it again, soon! :)

Reviewed on 9/27/2016

April truly is a great Travel Agent! She is so personable and quick to help answer questions that she really did not have to even help me with. If I ever get married I will want her to be my agent for my Wedding Party most definitely.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016

Looking for an extra ordinary experience that will have your guests talking for years to come? Call Melanie! She's the best at listening, planning, managing expectations, avoiding conflicts and problem solving. With her superior customer service skills, Melanie managed to... Read More coordinate and plan my daughter's wedding last September where every single guest was totally satisfied. (There were about 70 guests , many of whom I considered difficult to please.) Her communication style is superb. She is indeed the best in the business. Just got back from an AMAZING 2 week vacation in Europe. Thanks to the planning skills of Melanie the most knowledgeable , detail oriented and experienced travel consultant I have met. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of a lifetime as Melanie offered us choice, convenience and comfort in a package that reflected our life style. Melanie, you did it again - surpassed our expectations.

2016-08-15T11:29:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review. Melanie is a huge asset to our amazing team. I agree, she is extraordinary! -April Schmitt, CEO

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Keebie C

Thank you does not even begin to cover my sincere gratitude for everything that Sandy Pullen did to help me plan the travel portion for my 6.10.16 destination wedding in Punta Cana. From the moment we met at a local bridal show shortly after I became engaged, Sandy was so... Read More genuine and very helpful. More than a year before my wedding, I went on a venue scouting trip and shared the location that I would be staying at with Sandy. Though that trip was booked before I met Sandy, prior to my arrival, she had arranged for all sorts of treats that made my already great stay so amazing that I booked that venue before I even got back home to discuss it with my fiancé. Thankfully, he was on board with my choice and over the next year and several months, he and I worked closely with Sandy as she worked closely with our guests to book their travel for our destination wedding. Throughout the process Sandy was so attentive and responsive, it felt as though we were the only couple that she was working with. Even after booking my venue and then having second thoughts, Sandy was so patient and sent me several other resorts that I could review and compare, and that ultimately helped me make my final decision. Sandy shielded me from all of the travel related questions/concerns that my guests may have had early on- which could have been quite stressful, and even when the Zika virus posed a threat after most of my guests were already booked, Sandy proactively sent out correspondence to my guests so that they could make an informed decision about traveling abroad and continued to be available for additional questions. Sandy kept her word about the timelines in which she would send correspondence to my guests and kept me in the loop with everything that required my attention. She was very well organized and was able to send me updated guest lists and payment information as requested. Upon our arrival for our wedding, Sandy had once again arranged for a few treats for my fiancé and I, and even from hundreds of miles away, her presence was felt and I knew that I continued to be in good hands. Sandy is a woman of integrity, she is personable, and she genuinely cares about her brides. I feel that God places people in our lives for a reason, and at a time that I didn’t even know I needed her, Sandy was that person for me. I honestly feel so blessed that our paths crossed on that day at the bridal show, and I am so grateful for everything she did to help me, my fiancé and our wedding guests with our Happily Ever Davis wedding travel.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

Amazing! Mary Pat was super responsive, friendly, professional, and we are so incredibly happy with her service. The resort she recommended to us was by far the best resort we have ever been and was everything we wanted. Without her, our wedding would not have been nearly as... Read More great. I highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Lauren F

Flawless is the only word to describe Mary Pat. This was the second trip we've booked with her and once again it went as smoothly as possible. She's there for you end to end throughout the process from planning the trip until return. This year she's added a mobile app that makes... Read More things as seamless as possible electronically (in addition to the itinerary she sends prior to the trip). Now that we've worked with Mary Pat for more than one year, she's knows our tastes and styles. She even proactively sends resorts to us and is always spot on. I've referred Mary Pat to multiple friends and will continue to do so. I can't imagine planning a trip without her assistance. I'm a planner by nature, but having Mary Pat in my corner makes things that much better. She's the best!