Save Time & Money. Why wouldn't you use an expert?

When planning a destination wedding or honeymoon, we take care of the details and romantic touches so the couple will have a flawless experience. We hold expert and specialist designations in many areas including: Fiji, Tahiti, Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, Italy, Costa Rica, Thailand and Greece.

Honeymoon, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Honeymoon Planning, Planning

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Sandi T

I cannot rave enough about April and Divine Deatination Weddings! I keep telling people that working with them was the best decision I could have ever made when it came to the wedding planning process. I had 90 high profile (and very high maintenance) guests attend my... Read More destination wedding in the Riviera Maya two weeks ago and they handled reservations, from start to finish for every guest flawlessly. They went above and beyond. Until I decided to work with them I was spinning my wheels for two months trying to do research on my own to figure out where to even have my wedding. After one conversation with April I was so relieved and knew she would help me find the perfect venue for my wedding and she did. She worked with me from start to finish, handled all booking and correspondence with my guests as well as worked as a go between with me and the resort. She helped me pull off my dream wedding and I couldn't have done it without her. She was invaluable and saved me from pulling my hair out at least once a week. I cannot recommend April and Devine Destination Weddings enough.

2017-01-03T14:47:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It means so much! You and your guests were wonderful to work with. I look forward to working with you in the future as you celebrate many anniversaries in the years to come! -April Schmitt,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 Lauren B

April and her staff have been incredible! From setting up our site visits in the very beginning of our wedding planning journey, to travel arrangements for all our guests, everything has been a breeze. They even assisted us in finding the best catamaran trip for our group. They... Read More responded to emails and phone calls promptly, not just to us but to all of our guests. We couldn't be happier with the service. Thank you Divine Destination Weddings for making our dream come true in Punta Cana, DR!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015

I would highly recommend April Schmidt of Divine Destination Weddings and Honeymoon for planning a destination wedding. She was instrumental in finding a resort that meet all of our requirements and was ideal for our family. Her knowledge of locations and specific properties was... Read More unparalleled. It was a great relief to talk to someone who had been to all the destinations and could be explicit in describing the pros and cons. Once we booked the resort, April took care of all of the details and communication with our guests who were coming from all over the world. They felt that she was very personable and responsive in booking their arrangements. Upon arrival, we were met by drivers as expected and the resort did not disappoint, in fact it was fabulous. The wedding was absolutely lovely. I am grateful to have had April’s expertise in making the wedding such a success.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Gina M

April and her team are fabulous! Super helpful and accommodating. Choosing a destination wedding venue can be super overwhelming. After a quick call with April to discuss where and what we were looking for she sent us several options just a few days later. Once we choose the... Read More resort April took care of mostly everything from that point on. I only had to step in of course to talk to the wedding planner and coordinators at the resort. If you are planning on doing a destination wedding or just planing a special trip I highly recommend using Divine destinations. Thank you to April and her team for helping us find our venue for our very special day! Gina

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Diana O

We worked with Melanie, and she was lovely to work with. Very friendly and knowledgable. We were so grateful to have it all planned out, it greatly reduced our stress and made the whole trip flow with ease.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Mike M

Working with Melanie at Devine Destinations was one of the best choices we made while planning our wedding. Melanie guided us through all things during the process and made our Cabo San Lucas wedding perfect. Her attention to detail, client service and follow-up was impeccable... Read More and made our friends and family's experience exceptional. She worked with us to pick location, rooms, wedding details and was always patient and a kind voice during the most stressful of wedding planning situations. We all need someone like Melanie on our team when planning a wedding...

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Chevon K

I had the pleasure of working with Melanie D. I cannot say enough great things about her! She made my wedding experience a positive one! Long story short, I wanted to have a destination wedding but it got messed up by another travel agent. I was in desperate need of help and... Read More found Melanie’s contact on The Knot. I had one conversation with Melanie and she immediately put me at ease by taking charge. Melanie relieved my stress and took care of business. I had countless conversations with Melanie at different times of the hour and she never complained. She allowed me to vent (a lot) and remained positive the entire time. She was my voice of reason and was there whenever I needed her. After realizing that I didn’t want a destination wedding, Melanie helped me pick a venue and organized activities around the wedding in a short period of time. She organized room blocks for my guests, monitored hotel RSVP’s, organized my rehearsal dinner and post wedding breakfast, reviewed contracts for discrepancies, drafted/proofread countless emails and important documents last minute, and she organized a big bus tour to NYC for my guest to enjoy the day before my wedding. Any problems that arouse, Melanie stepped in and smoothed things over. Melanie took on the role as my travel agent, wedding planner, therapist, friend, and family member. She is very personable and has a “Can Do” attitude. Melanie never let me down or made me feel like I was a burden. Even after my wedding, Melanie checks on me. I’ve gained a friend during this process and that speaks volumes! Melanie was and will always be an important person in my life. I admire how super smart and business savvy she is. I’ve learned a lot from her and will be forever grateful. It has truly been a blessing to work with Melanie. She is definitely one of a kind!

2017-01-30T17:20:03 Response from the vendor

This is amazing and exactly the level of service we aim to provide 100% of the time. Thank you for taking a moment to write this very thoughtful review on our talented Melanie. Best to you and your husband! Warmly, April Schmitt, CEO

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Tori G

I worked with Dana F. in Virginia and she was fantastic. She helped me pick my dream honeymoon and took care of everything for us. It was so easy and stress free. I'm so glad I found her!

2016-12-28T16:55:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you appreciate Dana! Best to you and your hubby!!!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Jaclyn G

My experience with Divine Destination Weddings and Melanie D'Souza was beyond pleasant! I wanted a small and stress free destination wedding and that is exactly what I got! Melanie was always there to answer any questions that my family and I had, and there were a lot of... Read More questions, while always having a positive attitude. She assured that everything would go smooth, which it did, and that she was just a call away if we needed anything. I would highly recommend Divine Destination Weddings services to anyone looking to have a stress free destination wedding!

2016-12-24T15:42:31 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you and your family. I'm so happy that you had the wedding of your dreams! Can't wait to plan that next adventure with you and your hubby. :) Thank you for allowing me to assist in the planning... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Christina G

Melanie worked tirelessly to accommodate my husband and I along with our 46 guests. My dream was to have a wedding in Cancun and Melanie made my dreams come true with little to no stress for the groom and I. She took care of travel arrangements for all of us and made sure we... Read More received nothing less than the best services while traveling with Divine. I have already recommended her to a friend who will marry soon in Cabo and I would recommend her a million times over! Thank you Melanie!!

2016-12-02T09:58:06 Response from the vendor

It was a fun year+ of working together! Thank you allowing me to assist in the planning of your wedding. Can't wait for our next adventure together. :)

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Denver L

5 stars simply isn't enough to describe how awesome working with Melanie was. We were planning a honeymoon in the Caribbean and really just had no idea where to start since there are so many different places to go, but after describing what we were looking for, Melanie put... Read More together a comprehensive package that provided exactly what we wanted and fit within our budget even though we were being a total pain and constantly changing our minds on how much money we wanted to spend. By working with Melanie, we were able to procure rates that we probably wouldn't have been able to get had we booked ourselves. Not only that, but one of our original bookings fell through because the hurricane damaged the resort so we basically had to re-plan that entire part of the trip. Melanie was able to make arrangements and book our DREAM resort which all happened within a couple days. She took care of EVERYTHING for us and really took a load off our backs while we were consumed with planning our wedding. My wife and I are frequent international travelers (1-2 times a year out of the country) and have always planned our own trips. I think in the future, we'll just give Melanie a call because we trust her to put together the best itinerary you can possibly have - better than we can even do and I think we're pretty good at it! Just give them a call and let their amazing service speak for itself. You just can't go wrong.

2016-12-02T10:00:29 Response from the vendor

I am so happy that your honeymoon was everything and more! We certainly made lemonade out of lemons. :) Who would have thought that a hurricane could be a surprise gift? We made a great partnership throughout the planning and I can't wait for our... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Jason S

Melanie was amazing! Her knowledge of honeymoons, the region we wanted (Italy) and overall customer service was second to none. We were able to keep an ongoing, candid relationship throughout the entire process, and received a very personalized, spot-on itinerary. She was even... Read More available at all times during our trip to help answer questions as they came up/as we felt the inspiration to change a few things around. We would 100% work with Melanie again!

2016-11-02T14:25:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write this glowing review! I'm so happy to hear that Melanies excellent planning and service provided you with an amazing honeymoon. Cheers! April Schmitt, CEO

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 kristine m

I don't normally write lengthy reviews but I literally cannot praise Melanie D'Souza at Divine Destinations enough. We put off going on our honeymoon for 2 yrs because the thought of planning another big thing after the wedding seemed so daunting. Her first email stating her... Read More travel expertise and how she could help put me at ease immediately. It took another 6 months for me to reach out again but she was ready from the word go. Planning: All we knew was that we wanted to go to Barcelona and then lay on a beach in Europe. After our first conversation about what we might like, she researched and then presented a couple of itinerary suggestions. We chose to go with northern Spain – Barcelona, San Sebastian, Bilbao and the island of Mallorca. She not only chose hotel destinations but also coordinated transportation and activities for each city, balancing both our preferences as I like to see everything and my husband likes to be more relaxed on vacation. When I mentioned that we probably wouldn't take advantage of a car that she was planning to book for us in Mallorca, she read deeper into what that would mean for us. She did more research and suggested that we upgrade to a nicer hotel that was in more of a central part of the island that did not need a car. She found lower priced hotels for the other destinations to balance out the overall price. She gently kept the process moving and was patient when it took awhile to do the only task I wanted to do – which was buy the plane tickets with my credit card miles. Melanie never up sold us, but was very diligent about sticking to the budget that we discussed without any prodding from me, she treated our money like it was hers and always gave us options to spend down or splurge for each hotel location/activity. Before we left, she made sure to go over the trip details and sent us a packet with everything we needed to know, including her contact info and how to get ahold of anyone for help any time. The Trip! This seemed like an ambitious itinerary as we did not know how amazing every place was until we got there. Each hotel was always in a great location and seemed to give us just a little extra every time we checked in – whether it be a bottle of champagne or an upgraded room. One had a rooftop pool, all seemed to give us the nicest view available with an ocean view balcony for our last days. Like the other reviewers mentioned, every city, hotel and activity she set up for us was better than the one before. We came to see Barcelona but didn't realize all of Spain is so amazing. San Sebastian, picturesque beachside foodie capital, was a surprise favorite destination of ours and one that we would have never thought of on our own. Our time in Bilbao was surprisingly fun and our on the beach finale hotel in Mallorca island was everything I hoped it would be and more. All of Spain is so amazing, in addition to being picturesque it is a wine and foodie lover's dream! Truly an unforgettable time! Thank you so much Melanie for taking away all the stress of planning so that we could just hop on a plane and enjoy our long awaited honeymoon!!!!

2016-09-28T08:50:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your nice words. I am so glad that you had such a fabulous belated-honeymoon. It was so fun to plan with you...let's do it again, soon! :)

Reviewed on 9/27/2016

April truly is a great Travel Agent! She is so personable and quick to help answer questions that she really did not have to even help me with. If I ever get married I will want her to be my agent for my Wedding Party most definitely.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016

Looking for an extra ordinary experience that will have your guests talking for years to come? Call Melanie! She's the best at listening, planning, managing expectations, avoiding conflicts and problem solving. With her superior customer service skills, Melanie managed to... Read More coordinate and plan my daughter's wedding last September where every single guest was totally satisfied. (There were about 70 guests , many of whom I considered difficult to please.) Her communication style is superb. She is indeed the best in the business. Just got back from an AMAZING 2 week vacation in Europe. Thanks to the planning skills of Melanie the most knowledgeable , detail oriented and experienced travel consultant I have met. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of a lifetime as Melanie offered us choice, convenience and comfort in a package that reflected our life style. Melanie, you did it again - surpassed our expectations.

2016-08-15T11:29:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review. Melanie is a huge asset to our amazing team. I agree, she is extraordinary! -April Schmitt, CEO

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Keebie C

Thank you does not even begin to cover my sincere gratitude for everything that Sandy Pullen did to help me plan the travel portion for my 6.10.16 destination wedding in Punta Cana. From the moment we met at a local bridal show shortly after I became engaged, Sandy was so... Read More genuine and very helpful. More than a year before my wedding, I went on a venue scouting trip and shared the location that I would be staying at with Sandy. Though that trip was booked before I met Sandy, prior to my arrival, she had arranged for all sorts of treats that made my already great stay so amazing that I booked that venue before I even got back home to discuss it with my fiancé. Thankfully, he was on board with my choice and over the next year and several months, he and I worked closely with Sandy as she worked closely with our guests to book their travel for our destination wedding. Throughout the process Sandy was so attentive and responsive, it felt as though we were the only couple that she was working with. Even after booking my venue and then having second thoughts, Sandy was so patient and sent me several other resorts that I could review and compare, and that ultimately helped me make my final decision. Sandy shielded me from all of the travel related questions/concerns that my guests may have had early on- which could have been quite stressful, and even when the Zika virus posed a threat after most of my guests were already booked, Sandy proactively sent out correspondence to my guests so that they could make an informed decision about traveling abroad and continued to be available for additional questions. Sandy kept her word about the timelines in which she would send correspondence to my guests and kept me in the loop with everything that required my attention. She was very well organized and was able to send me updated guest lists and payment information as requested. Upon our arrival for our wedding, Sandy had once again arranged for a few treats for my fiancé and I, and even from hundreds of miles away, her presence was felt and I knew that I continued to be in good hands. Sandy is a woman of integrity, she is personable, and she genuinely cares about her brides. I feel that God places people in our lives for a reason, and at a time that I didn’t even know I needed her, Sandy was that person for me. I honestly feel so blessed that our paths crossed on that day at the bridal show, and I am so grateful for everything she did to help me, my fiancé and our wedding guests with our Happily Ever Davis wedding travel.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

Amazing! Mary Pat was super responsive, friendly, professional, and we are so incredibly happy with her service. The resort she recommended to us was by far the best resort we have ever been and was everything we wanted. Without her, our wedding would not have been nearly as... Read More great. I highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Lauren F

Flawless is the only word to describe Mary Pat. This was the second trip we've booked with her and once again it went as smoothly as possible. She's there for you end to end throughout the process from planning the trip until return. This year she's added a mobile app that makes... Read More things as seamless as possible electronically (in addition to the itinerary she sends prior to the trip). Now that we've worked with Mary Pat for more than one year, she's knows our tastes and styles. She even proactively sends resorts to us and is always spot on. I've referred Mary Pat to multiple friends and will continue to do so. I can't imagine planning a trip without her assistance. I'm a planner by nature, but having Mary Pat in my corner makes things that much better. She's the best!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Sid U

After planning several wedding events, the last thing we wanted to do was plan our own honeymoon too! I (the groom) consider the honeymoon a gift to ourselves, so I didn’t want me or my bride to have to spend time researching and booking our trip. We found Melanie online. We... Read More met by phone, and she took the time to get to know us, what we like, what we don’t like, and stitched together a honeymoon just for us, within our budget. All we had to do was talk! It was easy. Each day of our trip was thoughtfully planned out, and our only job was to show up and enjoy. We did. We had the best time. Melanie was extremely responsive and attentive to all our requests. Even while on the trip, we were able to get ahold of her when we had questions. We recommend her.

2016-06-07T19:51:56 Response from the vendor

It was so fun planning your trip to Croatia. I am thrilled that you guys enjoyed it as much as I did. Working with you was a pleasure and I look forward to planning another exotic adventure in your future. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Aviva N

We worked with Melanie and she was fantastic! She catered to our every need and helped us set up the exact honeymoon we had envisioned. All of her recommendations on sights, activities, and accommodations were spot on, and every guide she connected us with overseas was courteous... Read More and professional. Whether it's touring, eating, or relaxing, Melanie will go above and beyond to make sure your every need is met! She was so pleasant to work with and genuinely wants to make sure you and your partner are more than satisfied and have a honeymoon you won't forget!

2016-06-07T19:54:27 Response from the vendor

This was a true partnership. Thank you for allowing me to participate with you in planning. I am so thrilled that Cambodia and Thailand exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you again and let's do another adventure soon!

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Catelin

Melanie with Divine Destination Honeymoons was truly the best vendor we worked with for our wedding (which is saying a lot as EVERY vendor we had was amazing!). Honestly, Melanie is responsible for making our honeymoon the best experience of our lives. Right from the... Read More get-go we knew we wanted to go to London as my husband and I are such Anglophiles, and Melanie got started right away. Most people balked when they heard that we wanted to go to London in December, but not her. After our initial phone conversation, she knew exactly what we wanted out of our trip and made it happen. The best part is that she created an itinerary that really blended both of our interests from Sherlock Holmes, to WWII, to Harry Potter--we did it all! She kept us so well informed over the course of planning and even when we were on our trip as certain plans were changed or adapted. Right from the first day everything was so beautiful. My husband and I agreed that the hotel was the highlight of the experience and we would never have found such a beautiful place without her advice. Upon arrival, she had arranged for us to have an upgraded suite overlooking the Buckingham Palace, free gourmet breakfasts every morning, and even a cute little set up of the room with rose petals, candles, dessert, and a truly sweet welcoming letter. Our hotel--the Rubens--was a dream thanks to Melanie's attention to detail. And the daily activities!! I can not express how much fun we had each day with all she had planned for us. We literally got everything we wanted out of the trip and, again, all her hard work and planning made it all happen. We are so very grateful to Melanie. Honestly, we wholeheartedly recommend her to everyone that is either getting married or just wants to plan a trip. You can bet we will be coming back to her in the future for more travel plans!

Most Amazing Honeymoon!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015

We had the absolute pleasure of working with Melanie from Divine Destination Weddings & Honeymoons in planning our paradise honeymoon to Tahiti! Friends of mine used Melanie for their honeymoon to Thailand, loved their experience, and were kind enough to recommend her to me. The... Read More referral did not disappoint as we had a wonderful experience working with Melanie! My new wife and I married in the Fall of 2015 and decided that we wanted to honeymoon in a tropical paradise. While my bride-to-be handled the large majority of the wedding planning, I thought I'd take on the task of planning the honeymoon. Well that didn't end up being very fair at all because Melanie made planning the honeymoon SO EASY! At the time, we weren't even sure where we wanted to honeymoon, so our first phone call with Melanie involved going through an array of beach/tropical options. I need to say that Melanie is definitely a well-traveled agent who has been to so many beautiful and great places, and is very able to share her honest experiences with you. After our first phone call, she then put together a few packages for us to get an idea of how the travel experience (flight/lodging/transfers), amenities at different resorts, and costs may differ. When I wanted to explore a few other options, she was more than happy to look into it and put together more information for us. I thought about how very long it would have taken me to research all the travel details myself, and I was already so appreciative of all the time she was saving us. I typically do my homework before committing, so I did cross-reference the package prices Melanie presented with some competitive online travel agencies, and I have to say that she was getting us a GREAT DEAL! So then I thought to myself...we're getting her amazing travel expertise, she is doing the work to provide us all the details, we get special perks and add-ons just for booking with Divine Destination, and it is costing us the same or cheaper than if I were to try to do it by myself!!! OMG where has this service been all my life?! We ended up deciding on a Tahiti package which included 3 nights in Moorea and 5 nights in Bora Bora. Melanie had experienced different resorts on both islands herself, so she was able to help us find the right resorts for us. Moorea and Bora Bora were both AMAZING! We stayed in the over-water bungalows and the whole experience was absolute paradise! If you're looking for beautiful beaches, stress-free vacationing, and top notch amenities as well as service, then Moorea/Bora Bora may be a great trip for you! Melanie gave us some tips on the best activities/excursions, and we did end up doing a few of those. After a year of wedding planning, my new wife and I enjoyed the most spectacular honeymoon together, and there is very little to nothing we would change about it! A few extra noteworthy things: We live in Southern California and Melanie and Divine Destination are based out of the Sacramento area. We did all of our business via phone/text/email, and did not meet in person. The experience was smooth and problem-free, so you do not need to be in the same area to work with Melanie and these travel specialists! Also, my wifey's bridesmaids were able to contact Melanie in secret, and she helped them surprise us with a JetSki activity package as a wedding gift! All in all, we had the absolute best experience and are excited to work with Melanie again to plan our future travels!

2015-12-26T12:54:57 Response from the vendor

LOVED working with you guys and planning your special trip. :) It was a true pleasure...:) Looking forward to helping you with all your travels to come!

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Mallory B

April is absolutely the best! My husband and I found her six years ago as we were planning our wedding. She put together an amazing honeymoon (Riviera Maya, Mexico) for us back in 2010, which she just replanned for us to relive for our anniversary. On top of numerous Mexico... Read More vacations April has also put together incredible trips for us to Thailand and Costa Rica. She truly appreciates our sense of adventure and always bends over backwards to ensure we have amazing experiences. The amount of time and effort she puts forth while working within budgets and personal preferences demonstrates the finest level of customer service. We consider her to be an invaluable resource and we are so grateful we found her years ago!

Well Worth It

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Kathleen P

We worked with Melanie to plan our honeymoon to Italy, and she was simply THE BEST. We planned for a 2 week trip and she was able to help us with suggestions and reservations for hotels, transfers between multiple cities, and send us the entire itinerary packaged so neatly.... Read More Melanie was very informed and communicated in a timely manner. She laid out the full itinerary in great depth and provided us with a clear rundown of everything we wanted to do as well as discussed it with us prior to leaving. I would highly recommend her to anyone that is in need of help planning a honeymoon or a trip! She let us focus on the wedding while she handled the entire honeymoon!

2015-11-11T07:40:42 Response from the vendor

It was so fun working with you! Thank you for letting me help plan your honeymoon. Looking forward to planning that next trip together. :)

Mary Pat is the best!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Samantha S

She was very patient, gave us a lot of options, and helped us every step of the way. She was amazing to work with and I have already started referring other people who are getting married to her for their honeymoon needs!

Meet The President

April Schmitt

April Schmitt, is recognized as a leading destination wedding, honeymoon and luxury travel expert. She has been published in many bridal and travel publications: Martha Stewart, Condé Nast Brides, and Luxury Agent Magazine. Achieving prestigious industry awards such as the 2016 Trendsetter, Top 25 Travel Agents, Curator of Travel and Presidents Club has earned her agency the prestigious affiliation with Signature Travel Network. Her contributions to the romance travel market are significant. The industry reaches out to her frequently to provide updates on current trends.