DJ Jer Events and Lighting Design

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Sioux Falls, SD

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Abby S

Jeremy was so fun to work with! During our initial consultation he really got to know us as a couple and how we envisioned our wedding day. He was so personable and professional throughout the planning experience. The day of the wedding I was a little stressed out and I went... Read More to see the reception space and he and his crew were setting up. Jeremy could tell I was a little stressed and gave me a hug and reassured me everything would look perfect. He was definitely right! When I first walked into our reception, the lighting looked absolutely amazing and exactly how I had pictured it! We had a personalized monogram behind our head table with lighting as well. My favorite part of the whole day was our DANCE! He had the dance floor FULL with all ages and everyone was having a fantastic time! We had sooo many compliments from our guests on how great of an entertainer our DJ was. The flow of the whole reception was spot on, there was never a lull in the entertainment. We did an auction for the garter and many of our out of town guests had said they had never seen that before and were very impressed. I must say so myself that Jeremy must have been an auctioneer previously because he did phenomenal! The music for the dance was exactly what I wanted and there was a good mix so everyone was satisfied with the selections. We could not have been more please with our experience with Jeremy, I definitely recommend him other brides/grooms!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 McKenzie S

DJ Jer was one of be best decisions we made for our wedding day. We continue to get compliments from our guests about our wedding dance and reception in general. Countless people have told us it was the most fun wedding they've ever attended. And I may be biased, but I... Read More definitely have to agree! When we booked DJ Jer, he told us that we would not have to worry about a single thing during the reception. It was such a weight off our shoulders to know that he would keep everything running smooth. The entire night was so organized and perfect -- happy hour, dinner, speeches, cake, champagne, music, dance. Every single thing was perfect. We are so thankful to have had DJ Jer. And it was definitely the best party of our lives!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Darcy G

DJ Jer was a complete pleasure to work with. He made time to meet us and spent hours getting to know us and what we wanted in a reception. He was more than just a DJ, but someone who kept our reception flowing and fun!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Mag M

We are so happy that we chose Jeremy to be a part of our wedding day. He was extremely organized and wonderful to work with. During our meetings prior to the wedding, he really invested the time to get to know us as a couple and gain a vision of what we wanted for our special... Read More day. It was important to him that our day be one of a kind and memorable. He had the ceremony planned by the minute! As a bride, I didn't want to have to worry or work when I arrived at the reception. Jeremy took care of it all! He greeted/directed guests as they arrived, met the wedding party at the door, and kept the night moving on schedule! I asked him to read the crowd and keep the dance floor full, and that's exactly what he did. He created some moments that I am forever grateful for. This was by far The best investment for or wedding. My husband and I had a blast without a care in the world and our guests danced the night away. It was perfection.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Rachel B

DJ Jer is amazing and helped make our wedding day the best day of our lives! He helped us plan a flawless, well flowing reception and gave our guests the time of their lives! Everyone commented on how wonderful the DJ was and how much fun our wedding dance was! The DJ truly can... Read More make or break a wedding, and you won't regret trusting your special day to DJ Jer!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Kelsey S

We had Matt as our DJ for our wedding reception and he was great! Always keeping us informed through the whole thing! Was a great MC!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Sally C

There will be things about your wedding that you'll look back on and be so thankful you spent the money. I promise that the lighting and DJ with DJ Jer will be one of them. It made my wedding everything I dreamt of.

The BEST DJ you could hire!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Shaunteva A

DJ Jer was extraordinary! He was hands down the best DJ and Mastery of Ceremony that we could have asked for. The reception was a very important part for my husband and I and we wanted our reception to be unique and something that our guest remembered and that was EXACTLY what... Read More Jeremy gave us. Jer had amazing uplighting at our reception, helped with a memorable entrance, had the dance floor packed all night long, and made sure that everything ran smoothly! Our friends and family have been talking about how amazing our DJ was and its been 5 months since our wedding! Along with all of those wonderful things Jer also helped to put together a mix CD for my father daughter dance that was choreographed! Not only did we hire a wonderful DJ with Jeremy but we also gained an amazing friend! I would love to work with DJ Jer if we had the chance to again! Thank you so much for making our wedding the best night of our lives!

So Much More Than "Just" a DJ! AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

DJ Jer is phenomenal. There is a reason he comes so highly recommended by all vendors at the wedding expos. We had him for our wedding this Oct 3, 2015 and he was worth every penny. In fact our guests actually said, "Not sure what you paid for your DJ but he is SOO worth... Read More it!" DJ Jer is so much more than just a DJ. He kept the even running smoothly by coordinating with the other vendors including photographer, food catering, officiant, and more. He kept our party alive all night. He surprised us with our guests performing a flash mob dance (we had no idea)! He brought us into the studio and we recorded a letter to my mom and my wife's dad. The letter then was overlapped onto the selected mother groom dance song and father/bride song...EVERYONE loved this and their were lots of tears. DJ Jer made our night one to remember and so I can't stress enough how highly I recommend him. WORTH EVERY PENNY!

More than just a DJ

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Katie B

DJ Jer is amazing. He was the most professional vendor I dealt with throughout the wedding process. When it came to my wedding day I had so man people come up to me saying that we had the best DJ. That he kept people out on the dance floor. He incorporated moments into our... Read More wedding that made it unique and special. He is a bit more expensive than other DJ's in the area but well worth the money.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Bre J

When we first started looking at DJs we did our homework. We met with 3 different companies which were recommended to us by friends. We knew right away that Jeremy was the best fit for our wedding day. He asked questions about us and our reception and we knew that he was the... Read More perfect DJ for us. It was quite a bit more than we were expecting to pay but it was well worth it. Our guests couldn't believe how much fun the night was from the moment they walked in. Our limo was taking us around Sioux Falls and Jeremy reassured us that our guests were going to be just fine. When we arrived it was breathtaking how excited everyone was and the amazing grand entrance we felt when we walked into the room. There were little things that DJ Jer did that we never would have thought of that made our reception just amazing. I wish I could live my wedding day over and over again. We got more than we paid for.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Alli J

I would highly recommend DJ Jer to any wedding couple. He made our day amazing and stress free. Definitely worthy every penny! Thank you Jeremy!

2015-10-22T14:59:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your awesome review. I loved working with you and it is so nice to see at all of the recent weddings. Wishing you guys the best... You deserve it!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

DJ Jer (Jeremy) is an awesome entertainer and did a phenomenal job at our wedding! He worked with us from the very early stages of planning, up to the very end! He answered all of our questions and really helped us personalize our wedding to how we always dreamed it would be!... Read More Jer turned all of our ideas and dreams into reality! He even had every guest in the room participating in a surprise flash mob we knew nothing about! It was seriously so cool to see and crazy how quick he was able to put it all together without us knowing anything about it! We always imagined our wedding day being great but because of Jer, it was seriously so much better than imagined. People are still talking about how great it was, how awesome he was and how much fun they had. Without a doubt, we will remember this day forever! Some of our best memories, came from all of the special touches he helped us create. I would highly recommend Jeremy and his team for your big day!

2015-10-22T15:00:54 Response from the vendor

It was such an honor to be a part of your wedding day. I told you you that you never know what is going to happen when I work with you. You plan every single moment of your wedding day.. Let me create the unexpected... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Jeremy is wonderful!!! Best person to coordinate the lighting and the overall reception!!! I wouldn't have wanted anyone else!

2015-10-22T15:01:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. Your words mean a lot to me and helps me understand why I love my job!

The BEST of the best!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Lexi F

DJ Jer is hands down the best DJ and lighting designer- he will make your day a dream come true. Throughout the months leading up to the wedding he always made time to meet with me one on one and helped me plan the day and made everything as easy as possible. He not only does... Read More music and lighting, he does much more- he made a personalized monogram for us, helped plan out our day, made our first dance so memorable, added extra Edison lighting, entertained our guests and so much more! I am still getting responses from our guests saying that they had the best experience at our wedding and all of our DJ's extra touches made it so memorable for them. He read a story about the history of cake cutting, got to know my husband and I, talked to our guests, and played the perfect music every time- the dance floor was never empty! If you're thinking of a DJ for your wedding, you will not be disappointed at all with DJ Jer! I highly recommend him!

2015-10-22T15:02:41 Response from the vendor

Hands down one of the most amazing first dances I got to help create. You guys were so awesome and open to my crazy ideas and you nailed it! Words can't explain my gratitude!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Anna H

We are so glad we got a DJ through DJ Jer! Eran did a great job! We planned out the reception on the phone and through the website before so everything would be how we wanted it. It was nice that we could rely on a professional and trust his expertise and not worry about... Read More anything. We loved how he had the whole evening going smoothly and the guests knew what was about to take place such as cake cutting, first dances and etc. which made more people pay attention and focus on us :) He kept the dance floor full all night with his song selections. At first we didn't want to have a kick off to the dance with just our bridal party but Eran suggested we did, so we trusted him and we are so glad we did. It really got the party started! We also loved how we picked our song choices online and gave us suggestions. The uplighting really transformed our venue into a fun and romantic space. Again, so glad we decided to go with a DJ in general and loved working with DJ Jer.

2015-10-22T15:03:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your awesome story. We were so excited to be a part of your wedding day. We wish you the best!!

Excellent DJ, lifesaver at reception

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Mallory S

Eric was our DJ and he did a great job. The dance floor was packed all night. He honored all of our requests. He also jumped in to help by dismissing tables for the buffet. No regrets here!

2015-06-19T10:13:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your wedding. It was an honor and thank you for sharing your results so others may have the same. Congratulations!

Not only the best DJ in town but also a great friend!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Samantha M

Jeremy was not just the DJ at my wedding or just the guy who married me and my husband Jeremy was there also as a great friend almost like a big brother! He made my wedding night a night to remember! Everything was just so perfect and organized he made sure everything was how I... Read More wanted it and more!!! The dance floor was never Empty he played every kind of music you could want for all ages! He know how to keep the party going!! My special day wouldn't of been the same without him!!! Much love to Jeremy!!! :)

What a night!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Anna A

We had Eran with DJ Jer for our wedding an he did such a great job from keeping the crowd entertained and was an awesome DJ for our dance. We had so many people compliment us on the fun night all because of Eran. Not only did he direct the event as our MC but he helped us with... Read More the planning to make sure we had everything in place. We had an amazing first dance with a cloud dance which our guests couldn't stop talking about. We still hear how much fun everyone had that night.

Best DJ in the Midwest!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

DJ Jer is possibly the best DJ out there! He was more than just a DJ to us, and was one of the main reasons our wedding was perfect! He worked with us on every aspect of our wedding from lighting to the set up and layout to the decor. He truly wanted to make our day as special... Read More as possible. He even built us an amazing display of edison bulb lights that covered the entire reception. At the reception, he made sure every thing was running smoothly, and that every one knew what their roles were. My fiance and I did not have to worry about a thing! I am so glad we hired him for our wedding, and wouldn't have changed a thing! I strongly recommend DJ Jer. He will make sure your wedding day is perfect!

Jer saves the day!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Makayla H

My husband and I came across DJ Jer at a bridal show. His DJ's were very professional in both appearance and behavior, which impressed us from the start. We then booked a meeting to determine if that was who we wanted to go with. At the meeting, Jeremy asked many pertinent... Read More questions about how we envisioned our wedding celebration. As he said during our meeting, he wanted to be sure his company was a good fit for us, as well as we were a good fit for his company. I was impressed with the product he promised, and we booked one of his DJ's that night. His company has a website which allows you to add requests, do not play lists, timelines, important people list and a contact list. Because we were planning our wedding from out of town, I thought this would be great! We booked our DJ in January for a September wedding, and I received a text from our hired DJ a few days after booking. This was the last I heard from him. I had e-mailed him, tried calling him, messaged from the website and never heard back. We called Jer, and he assured us that our DJ would contact us closer to the week of the wedding, but we did not hear from him (this is August now). So we decided to try calling him again, and this DJ said he was not on the schedule to work for our wedding (Bride and Groom freaking out right about now), but that he would call Jeremy and figure it out. We waited a while and decided just to call Jeremy directly. He was very professional and apologetic for the confusion and offered to provide DJ/Master of Ceremonies for our reception and dance (Allelulia!!)! Jeremy was amazing! He kept the night flowing, taking a lot of stress off of us and allowing us to enjoy our night! The only reason I did not give a full 5 stars was because of the confusion, which caused some great last minute stress. This is were I can see the downside of planning so much online, some things may get lost in the shuffle between all parties involved. However, not only did things work out last minute, we were very satisfied with the product in the end and fun was had by all!! I would recommend DJ Jer's services to anyone!

Wedding reception

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Nicole V

Eran was our DJ and was great at entertaining our wedding guests. The dance floor was busy the whole time and he did a great job reading the crowd and playing what everyone wanted to hear.

Best Decision We Made!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014

When planning our wedding budget, we knew we had to prioritize and put more money toward the things that mattered to us most. Having a great reception was toward the top of our list. We wanted to enjoy celebrating our wedding with our friends and family. We also wanted our... Read More guests to remember how they felt and how much fun they had. Hiring DJ Jer was the best thing we could have done. From the moment we met him, we knew he was genuinely interested in us and cared about making our reception all that we wanted it to be. With the reception in his hands, the stress was lifted from our shoulders and we were able to just enjoy our day. He went above and beyond for us and we are so thankful. We know we had a wedding reception that no one will soon forget (thanks to Jeremy)! Make your day all that hoped for with DJ Jer!

More than just a DJ

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Kayla W

Our entire event was planned at one location; and the coordinator there recommended DJ Jer. We met with Jeremy and knew instantly that he would make our event memorable. He was easy to work with and helped us in more ways then just playing music. Jeremy created a beautiful... Read More wedding back drop with draping and lighting. Moving in to the reception he kept our guests entertained while we were taking photos since we did not do this before hand. He was very creative with the way the introductions were done and made each dance flow into the next. The entire reception was seamless and felt like a well planned event rather than an awkward staging of dances. I couldn't be happier with the services he provided.

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Jessica M

DJ Jer officiated and DJ’d our wedding. We had numerous compliments as to how personal and reflective our ceremony was to who my husband and I are and we never would have been able to accomplish that with out him.He listened to what we wanted and ran with it and made the day... Read More amazing. I don’t think we could ever thank DJ Jer enough for making our day truly one we will always remember