Dockside Restaurant on York Harbor

York, ME

Book Your Wedding with Dockside Restaurant on York Harbor

A BEACH IN YORK, ME

Dockside Restaurant on York Harbor offers a romantic wedding setting that allows couples to escape and enjoy well into their honeymoon. Located in York, Maine and overlooking southern Maine's rocky shoreline, the beauty of the setting and venue are unparalleled. Dockside Restaurant on York Harbor hosts wedding ceremonies and receptions in the peaceful serenity of Maine's exquisite beauty.

With more than 60 years of hospitality experience, the owners are gracious hosts who believe in catering extraordinary events. The venue is romantic and was built just for special occasions; it offers the following space options for ceremonies and receptions:

Ceremonial Space. The outdoor ceremonial space is one of stunning and romantic beauty. The white gazebo sits along the water's bank with beautiful greenery and seasonal blooms. The front lawns of the historic bed and breakfast in Southern Maine facing the Atlantic Ocean make a picturesque spot to say your vows.

Large Receptions. The venue provides couples the option to reserve the exclusive use of the grounds and restaurant with a minimum of 100 guests. The maximum capacity of the grounds and restaurant is 160 seated guests. The restaurant features a beautiful design with a deck and gorgeous views of York Harbor.

Intimate Receptions. For intimate receptions of 25 to 60 guests, the Deck Room with sweeping views of York Harbor is a beautiful space option.

With a grand stage showcasing the beauty of York Harbor and the fabulous architectural style and decor of the restaurant, Dockside Restaurant on York Harbor creates a real brilliance for a wedding day. The venue caters to couples with wedding packages that include honeymoon getaway packages just for the special occasion. With delicious food crafted just for weddings, couples have the significance of their special day in all aspects of services. All alcohol, bar and bartender services are included in the package price. The venue does not permit smoking indoors. Music is allowed indoors and outdoors. Rice, birdseed and confetti are not allowed. Couples have the option of exclusive rental of the grounds and restaurant for their special occasion.

Dockside Restaurant on York Harbor provides couples with the setting for a beautiful start to their happily ever after. Catering to special occasions, the venue is one that offers couples many extra perks when hosting a wedding, including the following:

• Dedicated event coordinator
  • Bridal changing room
  • Groom changing room
  • Bed & breakfast
  • Honeymoon suite
  • Guest accommodations
  • Waterfront

The best view of the prettiest harbor in Maine

The Dockside presents classic Maine scenery; lobster boats steaming out to sea, gleaming yachts gliding through the harbor, waves lapping the rocky shore. It is all here for you and your guests to experience. Flexibility, amazing food quality and expert guidance are all our hallmarks. Cheers!

Waterfront, Estate, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

22 Harris Island Road, York, ME (207) 363-2868

The Dockside on York Harbor - a piece of Heaven on earth

Reviewed on 7/31/2014

When I first began the search for our wedding venue in Maine, I came across The Dockside on York Harbor. Just from its site, one word described it - WOW! When I called Philip (it was off season) to inquire about using the site and the restaurant for our wedding, he was most... Read More gracious and welcoming. Upon arrival on our wedding day, picture the most flawless diamond... that is how I can describe The Dockside on York Harbor. The location is perfect - amidst the trees where we parked and upon walking onto the premises, it was postcard PERFECT! Although it was low tide, the harbor was still breath-taking and our wedding, in the gazebo, could not have been more perfect. The grounds are kept flawlessly, every detail attended to with grace and care. We had our small reception at the restaurant. Again, service was outstanding, and the food was delicious. Our waitress was very attentive and gracious. Altogether, the Dockside on York Harbor provides the full package for those discerning brides or grooms that are looking for that special place to celebrate their union. We intend on returning to Maine and will certainly make a point to either stay at their Bed & Breakfast and/or eat at The Dockside for a few meals..... Outstanding place indeed!

2014-09-30T13:35:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! What a great review, we love Maine and all the natural beauty it has to offer our guests. The staff does it's best to provide our guests with the best possible experience.

Pretty much perfect ceremony and reception

Reviewed on 7/30/2014

Lovely location, perfect place for an outdoor wedding and outdoor cocktails, with dinner inside the large restaurant, which has large windows for harbor views (and which serves as a rain backup for the ceremony). Food and service were excellent, all was done classily. All told,... Read More a great place for a wedding and a good value. A little slow to respond to emails and phone calls (during high season), but not to the point of causing real problems. They were flexible in taking care of all our needs, and had good advice at all turns.

Fairy tale seaside wedding

Reviewed on 1/18/2011 Scott and Debbie L

Such a beautiful place, wonderful food and exceptional staff! We had our wedding there in July of 2007 - it was perfect. Ceremony right on the waterfront, with cocktail hour following right in the same place. Our DJ - Lori Dee -played on the lawn for the ceremony, cocktail... Read More hour and then moved inside for the wedding. Cake came from the Beach Pea in Kittery, flowers were by Jardiniere in Portsmouth and all in all it was the best time ever. All our friends and relatives still rave about what an awesome time they had - oh, and our photog was Shane, at wedding photography by Shane in York Maine. All the vendors were recommended by Dockside - and Phil Lusty (owner) is soooo easy to work with. Highly recommend it!

2014-09-30T13:40:13 Response from the vendor

I am so happy to have you took the time to review the Dockside and our valued vendor/partners, together we have hosted countless wedding and special events with these talented people.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Alex S

Everything was so perfect. The people were great, the food was amazing, our wedding could not have been any more perfect!!!! Amazing venue!!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Heather D

Absolutely wonderful experience with the Dockside! Phil was very easy to work with, and was completely open to any menu changes, alcohol service, etc. The day of went super smoothly, and the location and views can't be beaten. As for the food, it was hands down the best tasting... Read More and creative food I've ever had at a wedding (and even in general). We chose the seafood trio and prime rib, and the portion sizes were generous and everyone I talked to had a perfectly cooked meal. Preceding the meal, we had hors d'oeuvres which were outstanding. As the bride and groom, we made sure to take a break from photos to eat a plate, and I'm glad we did. Overall, the Dockside was extremely easy to work with, friendly, and the venue and food were everything I dreamed of for my oceanside wedding.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

The Dockside was the perfect venue for our wedding. The outdoor ceremony was amazing and the view was spectacular! The staff , service and food were superb! Philip Lutsky is wonderful to work with. He is most agreeable and made us so comfortable with our requests. Our guests... Read More were so impressed with the venue. We received so many compliments and we have wonderful memories of our special day.I highly recommend the Dockside for your wedding venue.

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Kelsey P

Definitely consider Dockside! It is absolutely beautiful and all of the staff members are very accommodating. I LOVED having my wedding here and had absolutely no problems with the service or the venue.

October wedding

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Lindsay D

We had our ceremony and reception at this location (and lots of people stayed here!) the rooms for sleeping are not huge, but we didn't really need them to be. Staff were super helpful and the location was perfect. The ceremony and reception were perfect and we've had many... Read More guests compliment the food! It was a bit pricey and my only complaint is that there wasn't a whole lot of direction as to how the ceremony and reception would go, but I could have asked more questions as the owner was pretty fast in responding to emails or phone calls. Overall I would recommend this venue to any bride who values food and an outdoor view!

October Wedding

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Sarah P

We just had our ceremony and reception at Dockside and are very pleased with how everything worked out. The food was delicious and the servers were attentive - particularly while we were taking pictures during our cocktail hour. Phil (the owner) was extremely easygoing during... Read More our initial meeting. However, Patty (the wedding coordinator) was difficult to keep in touch with and does not come across well in e-mails. If we hadn't had our meeting with Phil, we might not have booked this place. The location is beautiful and set-up and breakdown went very smoothly. Would definitely recommend, just keep in mind that your best bet is probably to call if you need anything while planning.

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Carole L

Our wedding experience on September 19, 2015 was nothing short of magical! From the beautiful views to the friendly and accommodating staff, our wedding was a dream come true. Patty was extremely helpful from Day 1 and made everything really easy for us. The food was what... Read More most of our guests commented on. We had chicken marsala and a seafood triangle dish that was unbelievable. The appetizers that were passed around for the cocktail hour were talked about for days about how good they were! One of the owners, Phil, was kind enough to drive us around the harbor in his boat for our wedding send off. We could not have more good things to say about this venue and our experience with everyone at the Dockside. I would strongly recommend this venue to anyone looking for the full York, ME wedding experience!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Alexandra B

We had our wedding at the Dockside (28 Sept2014) and we’ll start by saying that it could not have gone any better! We know that most people would say that but we have been incredibly grateful for their efforts from start to finish. It all started back in January of 2014 when we... Read More met with Phil Lusty and later Patty Banfield (who became our main contact for the planning) to book the venue and we were blown away by the beauty of the place and its location, even with several feet of snow around... During the rest of our time until the wedding we met with Patty in May on the groom arriving from the UK (where he’s from, the bride is from the local area) where we discussed more details and then again a few days before the wedding itself. Patty could not have been more helpful when we met with her, and always answered our very frequent emails, definitely helping us deal with the stress of organising a wedding across two continents with helping us understand what would work! Even a few days before the wedding when we visited for food and drinks at the bar, the barman was extremely helpful in letting us taste a number of wines so we could make a decision on what to serve at the wedding. Finally the big day itself... the staff could not have done more to help keep things running smoothly and were so accommodating to us and our guests for the day! They were very helpful with last moment requests and in serving the amazing food and wine that we had (the shrimp stuffed haddock was awesome, as was the hunter’s chicken!). Further to our wedding itself, we can also add the accommodation is beautiful as well, especially the rooms in the Maine house, though the waterfront cottages were very good to. Those of our wedding guests from the UK all commented to us on the beauty of the hotel and its location, as well as the grounds, food and how great our wedding was, all thanks to The Dockside! Thank you from us both, we will always be grateful for everything the staff at The Dockside did to make our day so special, we’ll certainly be looking to stay again in the future for our anniversaries! Tom and Alex

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Jessica S

We had our ceremony and reception at The Dockside and everything was amazing! The staff was very accommodating and made sure that all of my details and requests were handled perfectly. The food is absolutely delicious and our guests couldn't stop raving about it! Overall, our... Read More wedding day was perfect and we owe a huge thank you to The Dockside and their staff!

Dockside york Harbor Maine

Reviewed on 9/20/2014 Connie B

Perfect venue, picturesque, fantastic menu, accommodating and knowledgeable staff, quite affordable choices for a sensational wedding for my daughter.

Wedding Date: 9/7/14 A beautiful setting marred by the owners' arrogance

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Monica F

We stayed at the main house during our wedding weekend which was very beautiful. The view was breathtaking from our room on the top floor (#101) & the decor was charming. The room was clean & spacious. The only complaint we had was the clawfoot tub. Although adorable, we felt as... Read More if we were enclosed in a tomb. We had to stand sideways to avoid getting the shower curtain stuck to us. It felt disgusting to think that it had stuck to so many other people before us. The breakfast served was basic, nothing to write home about. At our rehearsal, my husband asked Phil Lusty (co-owner) about using the outdoor extension cord Patty (employee) had promised us for our ceremony music. Phil appeared intoxicated and was rude to my husband, acting put out while stating they didn't have one. My sister’s boyfriend had to return to Portsmouth that evening to retrieve an extension cord. During set up of our wedding, I noticed that my flowers were not on tall white columns that Patty had also promised me via email (we had seen these columns at a wedding in progress when we visited). When we inquired about them, the person behind the counter had no idea what we were talking about, and said there was no such thing, that “people bring their own" if they want them. My wedding flowers had to remain on the ground as there was nothing to put them on. Had I known that they weren't available, I would've accepted the florist's offer to rent them. Before the wedding, we paid for all non-alcoholic drinks for our guests to enjoy. As soon as the bar opened, the bartender started charging our guest for these drinks. We know this because my step-children approached us asking for money as they were told to pay. We immediately told the bartender that this was previously arranged & paid for. We know some of our guests ended up paying which was embarrassing for us. Once seated inside the restaurant, no one came to serve us drinks for 15 minutes. We had to ask the waiter to serve us. Because no one was coming, some of our guests went to the bar where Phil & 2 of his employees were seated. They wouldn't look at my guests nor acknowledge them until my brother asked if he could buy a drink, to which Phil laughed. I later found out that we were supposed to go to the bar to get drinks, but we were never informed of this by Patty. So, while my guests ended up going to the bar to get their drinks (as they unknowingly did what was expected) they were not attended to until several minutes passed & had to ask for service. After the wedding, we asked our waiters if we could order and bring drinks to our room, to which they said yes. When my sister & her boyfriend went to the bar to get us drinks for our room, they was treated rudely by the bartender & said our tab was closed. When we checked out the morning after our wedding, & paid a large sum of money for the weekend, we weren't thanked once for choosing the Dockside for our special day nor for the sum we paid. The man who checked us out and took our money was Eric Lusty, Phil’s brother and co-owner. If we were treated kindly & with even a small amount of appreciation by the owners, we would've walked away feeling as if our day was almost perfect. We could've brushed off some of the things that went wrong. Instead we felt these people really don’t care about their patrons at all. All they appear to care about is the money coming in. And as long as they have the land and view, they can continue to be arrogant and rude towards customers.

2014-09-30T14:01:53 Response from the vendor

We are delighted to see you enjoyed your meals, the Kitchen crew worked diligently on your Sunday afternoon wedding for 25 guests. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the ocean had diamonds twinkling from the water and the guests were all smiles... Read Less Read More

One stop shop

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Ariane S

This venue is absolutely breathtaking. We lived the fact since we are out of town that it has everything we needed with a perfect view. The food was fabulous and the inn wonderful. The service was also very good during the reception the only thing is the way the way the owner... Read More put an end to our party it was more like kicking us out very unappreciated I would absolutely recommend this venue but just make sure everything is cleared out first plus be very patient they would often not get back to us before a week or two.

Good rehearsal dinner

Reviewed on 9/17/2012 Leslie N

My rehearsal dinner was quite pleasant. The venue is fantastic, right on the ocean with great views. Phil was great, and put together a perfect meal for my rehearsal dinner. I wanted a lobster bake for my guests, and he gave me 2 choices - lobster, mussels and clams, with... Read More great New England Clam Chowder for an appetizer, and steak with potatoes and a tomato bisque for another option. People said they really liked the food, and the hor's deurves on the porch. They also served blueberry cobbler for dessert! And cut my groomscake for me, and gave my gluten free bridesmaid a dessert for her! The only complaint - there was sand in the mussels, but I guess that's to be expected, and why they give you the dish of broth. Also, I was running around trying to get all the gifts together and wasn't able to truly enjoy it, so it wasn't as nice for me personally at it was for my guests.

Great Guest Lodging

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Emily M

I recently got married across the bridge at the York Golf and Tennis Club. We reached out to Dockside about our rehearsal dinner. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating. Although we didn't end up going with their restaurant due to location, I would recommend them!