DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

555 W. Foothill Blvd, Claremont, CA (909) 626-2411

Margaret Chang

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Janine H

She is the best. She was very helpful in getting the rooms for our bridal party and also letting us stay a little late for checkout so our guests can get ready. We will definitely use this hotel again. Thanks again, Margaret.

Excellent Venue

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Jennifer W

Having our wedding at the Doubletree was amazing. They worked with us on all the details, were accommodating, reasonably priced, the food was good, and it was beautiful. John Gutzwiller, head of catering, is amazing.

Horrible!

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 Nicole J

We rented this just for the night of our wedding because it was close to our venue and our reception was at night. The outside of the hotel looked very nice and clean but once we got in the room it was horrible. The room was small and cramped and we felt like sardines in a can.... Read More The chair to the desk was disgusting and had stains all over it. My husband had mentioned we would be staying there the night of our wedding and nothing special was offered or done as I've heard from other brides and grooms. The walls were so thin that my husband could hear the people in the room next to us clear as day while they were having sex.

horrible and rude

Reviewed on 5/05/2013 Maren S

My experience with this hotel was horrible to say the least. Luckily my wedding was not there but i used this vendor as a place for my guests to stay. They messed up on my booking and i did not get the suite i requested. My guests reservations were also messed up, some requested... Read More rooms with two queen beds and received rooms with one king bed and had to get cots. My guests and i were talking in the hall after my wedding and the manager yelled at us and told us to shut up and go to our rooms then left a note on my door that this was a strictly no party hotel and if they had to come back we would be asked to leave with no refund. The staff has poor customer service and the management is appalling.

Lovely

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Ashley S

They did myself, wedding party, and a few guests. The makeup and hair lasted all night. A lipstick touch up here and there, but otherwise flawless. They work well with you and make you look like you still

Great venue, ok service

Reviewed on 11/16/2011 M M

Since this is where the bulk of our budget went we wanted to make sure they we got the most for our money and we did, food was great and the wedding packages available are a great value. Our Catering Manager was great, always willing to answer our questions and accommodate our... Read More requests when possible. The service on the night of the reception was not up to par and it seemed that some of the details that were on the banquet order were not followed by the service staff which was disappointing since we spent so much time going over them with our Catering Manager. Also they ruined the top tier of the wedding cake leaving it with a big chunk out and just left it on the table without communicating the mistake.

Claremont Doubletree

Reviewed on 10/28/2011 Veronica L

The events coordinator, John, is so helpful and really sweet! He made everything so stress free and the food was amazing! People kept coming up to us to say they really enjoyed the food.

Mixed bag

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Sirinya T

My husband and I worked with Krystle to book a room block at the Doubletree Claremont for our wedding. Krystle was very friendly and professional. She also gave my husband free cookies, which he appreciated very much. The hotel rooms were beautifully decorated and we were very... Read More satisfied with our site inspection experience. There were some quirks in the experience, though. For reasons unbeknownst to us, there was no coffee maker in my sister's hotel room and I got a quixotic response from the front desk when I called to notify them. The bed, though nicely padded, squeaked whenever my husband or I turned over, thus waking the other up. The hotel was also extremely busy the weekend we stayed there; it was the home base for four weddings. We had a frustrating experience with the restaurant on Sunday morning. Even though the hotel was sold out with 4 weddings, the restaurant management did not provide sufficient staffing to accommodate the crowds that slammed the restaurant between 9 and 10:30AM. I suspect one group of guests converged at the restaurant between 9-9:45 and we came through with 20 people starting at 10. It didn't occur to us to make reservations. Perhaps this could have been better coordinated by the sales and catering team. And finally, I might be unreasonable in expecting responsiveness from the sales team, but I feel like that they could have communicated with us better, particularly regarding the state of our room block. It took anywhere from 24-48 hours to get a response during the work week.

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 7/14/2011 MELINDA M

My experiance with the DoubleTree Claremont was amazing! John was great and always answered all my questions and got back to me in a timely manner. I felt completely at ease going into the wedding and everything was absolutely wonderful during the wedding. I also had a lot of... Read More family from out of town that stayed at the DoubleTree for the wedding for the whole week prior to the wedding. They were so nice and accomidating. All I heard from everyone was compliments about the venue and their stay.

2011-07-18T13:31:54 Response from the vendor

Melinda, you made my day! Thank you! :)