Doug Smith Designs + Events

Serving all of Kentucky and beyond

Custom florals and design for your special day

Doug Smith Designs + Events is owned and operated by Doug Smith and Glenn Blind. Located in Lexington, KY, we have years of experience in mostly the wedding industry. We can help you design your dream wedding through unique wedding flowers, bouquets, and decor ideas. We also offer wedding coordinating services to make your wedding perfectly yours--worry free. We invite you to view our wedding & event services.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

Lexington, KY Serving all of Kentucky and beyond (859) 494-2209
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Abigail P

There are not enough words in the world for Will and I to adequately express our appreciation and gratitude to Glenn and Doug of Doug Smith Designs + Events for guiding us through the planning and production of our July 2017 wedding. As a person who hadn't thought much about... Read More what kind of bride I wanted to be or what kind of wedding I wanted to have, I went into the whole thing pretty (or rather seriously...) uninformed on how all those Southern Living and Pinterest-worthy weddings come together in real life. But Glenn and Doug took my no-nonsense personality in stride :) From the very first time we met with them, I knew we were in the right hands. These were the guys who would not only provide us with prompt information and the widest variety of options and ideas (who knew there were SO many??), but more importantly, these were the guys who would help creatively inspire me and help us to develop a fully-realized vision for the most beautiful day of our lives. Glenn and Doug treated us like family and made sure we were taken care of every step of the way. Their unyielding support, impeccable professionalism, and unparalleled industry expertise are what gave me, my husband, and both our families the irreplaceable opportunity to truly enjoy our wedding instead of having to stress over it. I would, without hesitation, recommend their services again and again (and then again one more time, for good measure!).

Reviewed on 7/06/2017

Every mother thinks about her daughter’s wedding day from the first moment she holds her at birth (at least on those special celebrations throughout life). Doug and Glen of Doug Smith Designs provided all the planning and coordination you need to meet those dreams. Their poise... Read More and dignity brought a calmness to the planning and ensured you did not miss any details. As a highly organized, slightly full-charge professional woman, I will say that I would not consider doing this without their assistance. Only one slight melt-down by me and Glen had me marching forward in no time! Suffice it to say, my daughter had the wedding of her life because they were involved. It was executed flawlessly. I know the entire experience can be overwhelming but they were spectacular. I have #2 in 2018 and would not consider using anyone else! PS…. Their flowers are were exquisite and commented as such by everyone, including other floral designers! You absolutely cannot go wrong here………

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Morgan C

Doug and Glenn were so helpful through our wedding planning process. They did our planning, day of coordination, invitations, and flowers, and they were amazing. They booked and coordinated with our vendors, penciled us in for meetings on short notice (I had a crazy schedule),... Read More and brought our dream wedding to life in so many ways. We had our reception in a very sentimental location in our hometown, and we had to create a venue from the ground up. Everything turned out perfect, and I could not have painted a more beautiful picture of our wedding day thanks to Doug and Glenn!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Chelsea C

Doug did a fantastic job!! My vision on what I wanted my flowers to look like was quite unclear, but Doug was able to take aspects I liked from many different bouquets and created the PERFECT bouquet for my wedding day! I was so thrilled to see it and everything came together... Read More perfectly.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017

Absolutely amazing! Doug had everything handled beautifully! I didn’t really know what I wanted. I just showed him a few pictures and let him do his work. Everything was ready on time and perfect!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Kayla R

Doug and Glenn of Doug Smith Designs + Events took our vision and made it into the fairy tale that I've dreamt about since I was a little girl! They were there throughout the entire planning and preparation process, and always went above and beyond by sitting with my mom and I... Read More for hours to go over details and provide us with reassurance. From the bouquets, archway, and centerpieces, down to the aisle markers, they hit it out of the park! They're expertise, professionalism, and overall wonderful personalities are sure to make your day a dream come true as well!! They will always hold a special place in my heart for sharing my vision and making it a reality!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Allison J

Can I leave 10 stars? In all seriousness Doug and Glenn are exceptional. I used them for both 30-day out planning, and all florals for our wedding this past October 14, 2017. I knew when I began planing our wedding I wanted to surround myself with not only the best vendors,... Read More but also people that I connected with and would be able to keep me calm on the wedding day (I tend to get anxious in large groups, and knew I wanted a calm and relaxed wedding day!). Doug and Glenn took every worry away, and allowed my family and I to enjoy the day without stressing about any details. Every single detail was beyond beautiful, they were able to execute my vision perfectly! So perfectly in fact I am having another bouquet made to keep, it was the prettiest thing I have ever seen!! The process was easy, fun, and I consider them both dear friends. Do yourself a big favor and have these two be a part of your day. Thank you thank you both!! xo

Reviewed on 10/16/2017

Not enough can be said about how wonderful Doug and Glenn are at what they do and, well, in general! First, my wife's bouquet was absolutely GORGEOUS -- I have never seen one prettier! All of the bridesmaids' bouquets were equally flawless and the colors perfect complimented our... Read More fall colors. Stunning! Second, the centerpieces were elegant yet rustic -- a look we were hopeful to emulate but one that only true experts could pull off! They nailed it. I highly recommend Doug Smith Designs for all of your floral (and wedding planning) needs -- they are in a class of their own. Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Kylee M

Wow- Doug is truly an amazing florist. Every detail I wanted he captured in all my floral arrangements for our wedding. He exceeded my expectations and I received tons of comments about all the details in my arrangements. You truly did an amazing job and are soooo talented. He... Read More can take just about any picture and enhance your arrangements to capture everything you are looking for. He is amazing to work with and so easy going! You can't go wrong by picking Doug! He helped with my gobo lighting as well and made every small detail go unnoticed!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Caitlin R

Doug was so amazing! He made our wedding better than I could ever imagine. I came to him with a vision for our wedding and he took it above and beyond what I ever thought it could be. Everything he did before the wedding, especially the last couple weeks, was worth everything.... Read More The week before our wedding so much went wrong. We were planning on getting married outside and of course the forecast predicted rain on our day. Doug made a bad situation into something unbelievable and better than the original plans. Doug made our wedding so enjoyable for us and we didn't have to worry about any problems that came up because we knew Doug had our backs. I am such a worrier and usually like to be in control, but Doug set my worries to rest and made the day really something to remember.

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Alley P

Doug Smith Designs made everything so easy for us! They created the exact vision we were looking for on our special day, brought it to us, set it all up, and tore it all down! They worked hand in hand with our venue which was such a relief! We had no stress the day of the... Read More wedding using this vendor! I highly recommend them for any event as their work is stunning! Thanks you guys!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Victoria A

Could not express how great it was hiring Doug!! We couldn't have done it without him! He did perfect on all the flowers and decorations and as our wedding planner he made the day so seamless! We knew we didn't have to worry about anything because Doug was on top of it! I... Read More couldn't thank him enough for working so hard to make our day absolutely perfect and so fun!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017

As an Event Professional and now a former bride, I cannot say enough great things about Doug Smith Designs + Events. I found Doug Smith Design + Events online as I’m from Cleveland, OH, but was getting married in Lexington, KY. Doug took the RFP that I submitted for our... Read More wedding day and created a proposal that fit my vision to a tee. He was extremely personable and professional during our in person appointments. The day of, I could not have asked for anything more perfect from my bridal bouquet to the reception centerpieces. Thank you, Doug and team, for making our wedding day just that much more special.

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Rachel H

When I first got engaged I had no idea where to start. I contacted Doug & Glenn because they did such a beautiful job at my sister's wedding a few years back. From day one, Doug and Glenn took care of me and all things wedding. They are truly an asset to the wedding scene... Read More (florals and coordinating). Any future bride would be fortunate to work with them. They will not disappoint! Their flowers are absolutely stunning and their coordinating is top notch. My husband and I absolutely loved working with them and would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Kayla G

Doug was so great! I just used him for design and florals and we was so punctual with delivering the flowers on my wedding day. He brought my vision to life. Could not recommend him enough!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Ashley B

Doug and Glenn are amazing!! Honestly our wedding wouldn't have happened without them. Due to some life circumstances we had to move our wedding forward 3 months and they had all of our changes figured out within a day. The biggest positives for us were: 1. Ease of communication... Read More - they were always easy to get ahold of if we had a question. There was no limit on the amount of communication or questions they would answer. 2. Our wedding day was totally stress free for me, we had an amazing time at our wedding!! This was the best money that we spent, I would highly recommend them to anyone!

2017-06-24T07:24:45 Response from the vendor

Ashley and Eric - Thank you so much for the kind words. We loved being a part of your special day. Wishing you all the best and much love and happiness in the future!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Emily S

We used Doug and Glenn for flowers AND coordination of the wedding....they could not have been better! Flowers were incredible, and we had so many co plummets!! When it came to coordination, they literally did everything above and beyond what I could have ever expected!... Read More Everything went off without a hitch (as far as I could tell!!) and we were able to just enjoy our day and be in the moment!! Super professional, easy to contact and quick to reply to emails! Also, the absolute nicest people to work with!! Couldn't have been more pleased about our decision!!

2017-06-11T11:53:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. We wish you both all the best and much happiness!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Cara L

Doug & Glenn are truly gifted at what they do. I did my floral and a lot of my decor with them, and I truly could not be happier with the way things turned out. I met with and spoke to Doug on several occasions, and I felt so at ease knowing they were in charge of those things.... Read More On my wedding day they had leftover flowers, so one of their team members brought over the flowers and greenery and found the most wonderful places for it. They have great ideas and are extremely accommodating to what YOUR vision is.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Ben C

1. Doug & Glenn helped us find and lock down a fantastic wedding venue (beautiful/ affordable/ unique/ perfect for us!) 2. Doug & Glenn have great connections and relationships with all the different wedding vendors around Lexington that are crucial in having a wedding,... Read More including caterers, cake chefs, the major downtown lexington hotels, ceremony orchestra and entertainment, florists, all of it! They really helped hook us up every step of the way. 3. Doug & Glenn laid out a plan and timeline detailing everything we would need to have a fantastic wedding weekend, and they kept us on the ball to make sure we stuck to it! It was so valuable that they helped us get everything squared away so that we weren't dealing with a ton of decisions and details in the days and weeks leading up to our wedding. 4. Most importantly, when the big day came, Doug & Glenn were SO on-point in orchestrating and ensuring that every aspect of the day would be executed well; Thanks to Doug and Glenn, WE REALLY WERE NOT VERY STRESSED and so WE HAD A FLAWLESSLY FUN WEDDING CEREMONY immediately followed by THE BEST PARTY I HAVE EVER BEEN TO! I know I am biased, but I swear to you, multiple friends of mine told me it was the best wedding they'd ever been to! We are so so happy that we asked Doug and Glenn to be our wedding planners; they truly crushed it, and for that we are forever thankful <3 (Background: My wife and I live in New York City, and met Doug while visiting my then-fiancee's family in Lexington in April 2016. Doug spent the better part of a day showing us around several wedding venues in downtown Lexington, a beautiful private farm, as well as the grounds and clubhouse of Buffalo Trace Distillery! That day we basically decided that Buffalo Trace was our venue, and Doug was our wedding planner, we worked together closely with in-person meetings, emails and phone calls over the course of the next year, and the rest is history!)

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Emily W

As the mother of the bride it can be a challenge to keep peace with your daughter while planning such an important event and maintaining a reasonable budget. Doug Smith Designs was able to give us the guidance we needed along with many great options on venues, caterers, rentals,... Read More music, etc. As an event planner/fundraiser for a non-profit organization I thought I could manage my first daughter's wedding in 2014. Needless to say, I could not! I actually had to pull 3 friends to help me at the last minute. I didn't think about the fact that someone would need to oversee the venue setup, the vendors and their deliveries and help the bride get dressed the day of. Mom's can't be in numerous places at one time and be available for their daughter. Therefore, I highly recommend Doug Smith Designs as your wedding coordinator and floral designers. They captured my daughter's vision perfectly and gave her the wedding of her dreams. Doug Smith and Glenn Blind do exceptional work and are very easy to work with and are worth every penny they charge!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Amanda J

We heard about Doug Smith through Sarah at Simply Love Studio. After checking out the website, we were very impressed! I don't know much about flowers, so when I showed Doug a picture of what I wanted for my bouquet, he took note and made a beautiful bouquet that was exactly... Read More what I wanted!! He was also able to tie in all the centerpieces, flowers for the arbor my father made, and the flowers to be added to the cake, everything looked great! We received so many compliments on our flowers, multiple people saying the bouquets were the prettiest they had ever seen! Thanks Doug for making our day even more special!!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Leah V

We used Doug and Glenn as our planners and coordinators for our Kentucky farm wedding in May 2017. They were wonderful throughout the planning process, and did a great job managing vendors and keeping us on schedule as the big day approached. This was particularly important... Read More for us as we live out of state and were planning the wedding from a distance. The ceremony went off without a hitch, the reception was beautifully decorated, and the overall day was magical. We received a number of comments from guests about the attention to detail throughout the day. We’d highly recommend Doug and Glenn to anyone looking for a planner/coordinator.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Kyle A

Doug and Glenn did a great job! I had visited Pinterest and had a general idea of what I was looking for, but they helped to bring the vision to life, and to keep it within my stated budget :). They did a lovely job on all the flowers from the groomsmen's tiny boutonnieres to... Read More the large altar arrangement. They were a great vendor to work with as they were reliable and responded to any questions that I had in between our official meetings.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Whitney C

I have known Doug for about 9 years now and when I got engaged I KNEW I wanted Doug to do my flower arrangements for the reception. He worked around our budget, and his creation was gorgeous!! I would HIGHLY recommended them to anyone! Thank you Doug & Glenn!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Sarah P

Doug and Glenn were both fantastic! My flowers turned out exactly how I wanted them. We also had them set up a table of snacks and drinks for our guests and it all turned out wonderfully. I would definitely recommend them!