Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

PO Box 893451, Mililani, HI (808) 627-0602

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Cori L

You want to work with David, Lupe and team, TRUST me. I was extremely selective about my vendors, most importantly the DJ/MC because music is everything to me. David and Lupe provided many tools and resources to guide us through the very stressful process of planning a wedding.... Read More These guys have got this process down to a science. They wanted to make sure everything was just the way we wanted it for our reception and boy did it work out. I am so pleased. They provided suggestions to us for personalizing our reception, they created a timeline that I gave to my day of wedding coordinator, they helped things move along seamlessly and most importantly, the music and MC services were ON POINT. This is your DJ/MC, look no further.

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Michelle M

Dynamic Sounds was the one vendor that made my wedding. David was the emcee and DJ and Lupe his wife was our wedding planner and day of coordinator. The both of them work so well and professionally together and that was the reason my wedding ran so smoothly. On the wedding day... Read More I literally did not worry about anything except looking pretty. Anything that went wrong Lupe was on top of. She made sure my vendors were doing the right things and there on time. She also helped set up all my centerpieces. I'm not exactly sure what else she did but I know she was the reason I had a beautifully set up reception. David made the program of the reception run so smoothly that the guests never had a moment to be bored. We didn't know what kind of music we wanted so we just had them choose what they wanted and their selections were spot on. I've never been to a wedding before and had no idea what even happens at weddings so I definitely threw some outrageous questions their way. They never hesitated to fully and thoroughly answer every single one of them within a short time. Their knowledge of weddings and love they have for their job makes them excited every single time you talk to them about what your vision for your big day is. I highly recommend all their services and I know my wedding would not have been as great as it was without them!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Jenna M

Dynamic Sounds was the best decision I ever made for my wedding. Not only they Dj and MC for my wedding, Lupe helped me outlined my wedding. I did not have a wedding coordinator and Lupe just swooped in and helped me organized it! The day of the wedding went so smoothly and the... Read More MC-david was so funny. The games we played was a hit at my wedding!

Get your groove on

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Deborah W

Dynamic Sounds is more than just DJ and sound system. Don was the best emcee-personable, funny, and gracious. He reassured us from our first meeting that everything would go smoothly and they did. We played a couple of games with the guests instead of a video. My family got to... Read More know the groom better and vice versa. Lupe helped with our timeline. She contacted us to make sure it was what we wanted. We shared the age ranges of our guests so the DJ had a good idea of the kinds of music to play. I highly recommend and would use Dynamic Sounds again!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Neera K

Lupe & David with Dynamic Sounds went above and beyond the calling of a music vendor and really made our wedding a more prepared, enjoyable and seamless series of events. They are more than just a music vendor - David runs the DJ'ing and his wife helps with the timeline -... Read More something I didn't realize how important it was until everything went amazing the days of the wedding. In addition, we had a full blown Indian wedding, and they did so much prep work to learn about the music and gather the music in advance. i would highly recommend them for everyone's wedding! They are amazing!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 Guy N

We don't know how we would have got through our wedding day without the services of Dynamic Sounds. We did not hire a wedding planner, but Dave and Lupe were very involved in the process and met with us to plan and execute our reception timeline. Their professionalism and... Read More attention to details made our wedding day go by very smoothly. We first met Dave and Lupe at a wedding workshop put on by The Wedding Cafe. We contacted Dynamic Sounds and set up our first meeting. We still remember that the first thing that Dave and Lupe asked us to do was to describe our perfect wedding reception in four words. We selected "Fun, Romantic, Memorable, and Stress Free". From that first meeting up until the day of our reception Dynamic Sounds made every effort to make sure that our wedding was perfect. We had some minor speed bumps along the way, but they helped us through it and made our wedding day a momentous and memorable occasion. Dave was very charismatic and had a great sense of humor. He was able to keep our guests entertained and involved by playing interactive games or by just making some jokes. Overall, we can truly say that our wedding reception was "Fun, Romantic, Memorable and Stress Free". We would like to thank Dave, Lupe and everyone at Dynamic Sounds for their dedication and support over these past few months. We would highly recommend Dynamic Sounds to anyone who wants their reception to be special. We would highly encourage using Dynamic Sounds to those of you who are not using a wedding planner/coordinator as their detailed planning and timeline helped us out tremendously. Thank you! Dynamic Sounds!!! Guy and Christy Nishihira

Awesome Sound System

Reviewed on 4/08/2015 Lehua K

Dynamic Sounds is an awesome sound system and DJ company. Dave of Dynamic Sounds was very helpful in helping me decide what we needed and what they can provide. He also helped me figure out what they can provide for me to help with the flow of the wedding, which included lots... Read More of things that I would never have thought about otherwise. I am so thankful that Dave was able to create a vision and show me how they can execute it. Such as, I originally only needed them to provide a sound system that my live band required. Dave was able to show me what else he can provide to make the day easier, which included having a microphone for the officiant during the ceremony, having speakers set up for the ceremony for our wedding singers, and having music for the times in between set up of different entertainment. He also was able to provide the microphone for the hula performance too. In doing the whole contract part, I worked with Lupe, who was so helpful and friendly and gave awesome suggestions when I didn't know what kinds of songs are played during the garter toss. Lupe also gave friendly reminders for payments, which I needed, and also helped to confirm all the songs on my playlists and to make sure they had the right songs for the hula 'auana. I really appreciate Dynamic Sounds and their team for helping our wedding run so smoothly. I will definitely use them again for other events such as baby luau or grad parties. Thank you, Dynamic Sounds!

It was fine

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Sooyoung B

Overall, I am glad that I had DJ during my reception. There was a little bit of miscommunication during our entry. Lupe, the manager was little bit annoying. She sent me a lot of questions and I sent her exactly what I wanted. She was sick, out of town whatever and she... Read More didn't respond until the last minute. Then, her response was "Are you sure that it is what you wanted?" That response was actually 3 days before my wedding. I was quite stressed out because of her response and had to ask my groom to handle her. But, I was happy with overall experience because my whole wedding and reception of great.

The BEST MC/DJ Service Out There!

Reviewed on 8/30/2014 Lynn

We first found Dynamic Sounds through The Wedding Cafe Hawaii’s Wednesday Night Workshops. They were also recommended to us by my sister and brother-in-law who used their services for their wedding three years ago. After attending The Wedding Cafe Hawaii’s Wednesday Night... Read More Workshops, and hearing what David Louis had to say about creating the perfect wedding reception timeline, we knew that his company was a perfect fit for us. We met with David for our consultation and liked his ideas, so we decided to book him. Afterwards, we met with his wife, Lupe, who created our wedding reception timeline. They are both very professional and we had a great time meeting with them! Dynamic Sounds is very flexible and they make sure to please their couples. They did not judge us, as we went on a more nontraditional path, and were very accommodating about it! For example, we decided not to do the garter toss, bouquet toss, or mother/son dance. We also wanted to take sunset photos, and they made sure to include that in the program since they knew it was important to us. They also were able to create a “dancing in the clouds” type of effect for our first dance, which we loved! On our wedding day, it was nice that David would check in on us every so often to make sure that we were doing ok, to see if we needed anything, and to let us know what would happen next in our program. Our main goal for our wedding was to make sure that our guests had a fun, memorable, and romantic experience. Dynamic Sounds was able to create that type of atmosphere for our guests. After our wedding, many of our guests have told us how fun it was and that it was the BEST wedding they’ve ever been to. We are so thankful for being able to work with Dee Ann, David, Lupe, and their other assistants. They are SO nice and were able to help us create the wedding of our dreams. We couldn’t have asked for a better MC/DJ service!

Amazing DJ & MC...Compliments Are Still Rolling In

Reviewed on 12/19/2013 Shauna K

I hired Dynamic Sounds to be my wedding DJ and MC and couldn’t have been happier. They also provided the music for my ceremony. I had so much fun at my wedding and I know a huge part of it was because of Dynamic Sounds. Dynamic Sounds also provided a couple of uplights for my... Read More ceremony. I had reached out to a few other vendors and heard what they had to say, but I knew Dynamic Sounds was right for me from the start. Before I even requested a contract, I had an amazing consultation with Dave. He spent over an hour explaining to me how and what Dynamic Sounds does to stand apart from its competition and answered all the questions I had. He even shared a few ideas on how to make my reception unique. Lupe was awesome - very friendly and easy to work with, which was a plus for me as I planned my Waikiki wedding from Las Vegas. Dynamic Sounds actually built my ceremony and reception timeline and Lupe had a lot of great input and suggestions that definitely helped make things easier for me. She was also very accommodating in meeting with my parents and I in person. Don was appointed our wedding day DJ and MC and he was awesome. I don’t think anyone could have done a better job. He handled our timeline and crazy wedding guests really well. He was really good at going with the flow of our guests reactions to different things and keeping everyone’s energy up. We had so much fun with all of our games (ideas courtesy of Dynamic Sounds) as well. We received a lot of compliments from our guests that Don was a great MC. And my dad continues to rave to everyone (especially those who were unable to attend our wedding) how awesome Don was. Any story my dad shares about my wedding includes how happy he was with Dynamic Sounds.

My Amazing DJ/MC!

Reviewed on 12/13/2013 Jenna H

Dynamic Sounds was absolutely AMAZING at my wedding! They really made the atmosphere fun and created a great environment for my guests. Don was my MC and was personable, funny, and a great host. This is definitely the number one DJ company on Oahu and I highly recommend them... Read More for the bride who wants her reception to go off without a hitch!

Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 11/29/2013 Jamie C

Dave and his team are very organized and detail oriented. Didn't have to worry about a thing once we got to the reception site. My wedding coordinator finally got to relax and enjoyed the rest of the day. Highly recommended.

Amazing DJ/Reception planner

Reviewed on 10/31/2013 Katie A

We had the opportunity to work with Dave and Lupe from Dynamic Sounds and they helped with the sound system for our ceremony (which was at a beach house), but also deejayed our reception and Dave served as the MC! From the first time that we met them it was evident that they... Read More know what they’re doing and that they would work hard to give us exactly the wedding that we envisioned. Here are the awesome things about them: - Lupe is a great communicator. She is the main person to talk to the couple in the meetings leading up to the wedding and she is very helpful and goes over every detail with you. She is very friendly and professional and is great to work with! - Dave was our MC. He put us at ease and we knew that our reception would go smoothly. He is a great talker and was able to make it seem like our reception went smoothly (and none of our guests knew about all of the small speed bumps that came up during our reception). The best man also said a few things in his speech that weren’t so funny – Dave was able to say some things afterward that really smoothed things about and made everyone laugh. - As a team, they have great ideas for small games that the guests can play, including ways to make things fun. They have games for when people clang their glasses and make the couple kiss, games for giving away the center pieces, and games for everything else too! - Their equipment is top-notch, from their microphones, to their AV equipment, to their music. Our ceremony was outdoors and everyone could hear what we were saying, clearly, through their AV equipment. We were able to request various songs and song genres. Dave was able to keep people dancing all night long

Fun, Creative, Personable

Reviewed on 4/15/2013 Deena B

David and Lupe are a great duo to work with! They are so personable and have so many ideas to make your reception truly unique. My husband and I are big baseball fans and had a baseball themed reception. Dave and Lupe helped to bring several baseball ideas to your typical... Read More reception events like the garter toss. We had a very small wedding; through their creativity, we incorporated several ways to keep our guests entertained outside of dancing. Everyone had a great time and stayed engaged throughout the evening. I highly recommend Dave and Lupe if you want your reception to be unique, entertaining, and memorable!

DJ, MC, Coordinator all in one

Reviewed on 4/12/2013 Andrew L

Dave and Lupe are the ones for you if you are looking for a DJ, MC, and a coordinator. They are definitely knowledgeable and very friendly and energetic. They were very cooperative, understanding,and open-minded. Lupe is so sweet and wonderful. She assisted us with the timelines... Read More and the itinerary. They had great suggestions and they offered a lot of support and assistance. The wedding reception went so smooth with no awkward moments, silence, gaps, and kept all our guests entertained. Dave is a seasoned DJ and I really appreciated him for working with me on the music set list. I'm glad we chose them to work with us and we had the pleasure of getting to know them as more than just vendors.

WORTH EVERY PENNY

Reviewed on 1/04/2013 Lesley W

We had a destination wedding, so our first meeting with Dave was via Skype. At the end of the meeting when he told us the cost, I was a little uncertain as it was definitely more than I expected or wanted to spend on a DJ. My now husband talked me into spending the money and... Read More I'm glad he did. Dave and Lupe were fabulous in creating a special and custom reception. Dynamic Sounds are more than just DJs, they really make the reception a special event. Don actually DJed our wedding. He was charismatic and funny. He had our guests laughing and his music choice was perfect. We got so many compliments on Don and Dynamic Sounds. It was money well spent.

Awesome to work with!

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Heather A

David and Lupe were fantastic! We did all of our planning over Skype since we were not local to the island and they were very accommodating to the planning process. After listening to David describe his services, we couldn't help but try to fit them into our budget. They were... Read More almost 2x what we were hoping to pay, but an Aunt said she would split the cost with us as our wedding present. We had 3 or so Skype meetings with Lupe, we filled out worksheets and answered emailed questions between meetings. The groom also got a one-on-one "Groom's tips" prior to the wedding. Their ideas were excellent and really helped us create a creative and personal reception. David was a blast as the MC and rolled with the crowd. We received some of our best compliments of the wedding because of Dynamic Sounds.

Best DJ & Emcee EVER

Reviewed on 10/06/2012 Ashley S

I loved having David as our DJ. Lupe (David's wife) is like the wedding planner for the recception and she plans every detail of your night from the games down to the final dance. Every single person who came to our wedding left saying that that was the best wedding reception... Read More that they have ever been to. The games had every person interacting and doing something during the reception to make it so much more enjoyable. I was laughing almost the entire time because of how much fun the games were. If I had to do it over again, I would hire dynamic sounds every time. I highly recomend them to anyone who asks.

Dave & Lupe rocked!

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Emily K

If you want to have an event that flows smoothly and has just the right "feel," then a good DJ and emcee are essential. What stands out about Dynamic Sounds (Dave & Lupe) is that they were so helpful in crafting our nontraditional timeline of events. They were honest and... Read More knowledgeable about what happens at weddings to be able to make suggestions about how long each element would really take. They were also able to be flexible when on the day of the event I messed everything up by being late. They were a true part of the wedding planning team. They were easy to work with and good communicators. They had the best communication and service of any DJ I have ever worked with in my many years of event planning.

Disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/25/2012 Myla B

We met David 10 months before our wedding. The meeting went well and my husband liked him instantly. I wanted to interview a few more since he was our first one. He seemed very organized and experienced. He had a lot of unquie ideas to make our wedding different. The price... Read More seemed a little high, but we booked him anyways. After talking to friends and family they all told us we paid way to much for his services. We assured them that he was worth it and seemed like a true vet. After you book David, you deal with his wife Lupe. She is lovely and helpful. She is very detailed and wants a minute by minute itinerary. I din't like that. I wanted our wedding to flow and not be so structed. They wanted to know how many people were giving speeches and the time of each speech. That was a little much for us and seemed rude to put a time limit on a speech. Since we moved our cocktail hour to a different location( across the street from the Hyatt ballroom)he told us it would be more money to have his system move across the street. We thought that was a little much since his price was $2,500. We were able to work together and he said that he could make us a cd for the cocktail hour and the Hyatt could play it. I guess their was a lack of communication because the day of the wedding we didn't have any music during cocktail hour. He said we were supposed to bring the CD that he made for us, we heard different. The reception music flowed, but we did get a few complaints from our guest stating that when they requested songs he was rude and asked them who they were. Not what you want to hear about your DJ. I don't think he did an awful job but I do feel like we over payed for his services.

Best reception

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Shari B

Dave and his team did an awsome job for our reception. A lot of our guest said they had so much fun at our wedding and loved the reception and I have to give all the credit to Dave and his team. They helped out so much with the timeline and fun ideas, we had a blast.

Greatest Company!

Reviewed on 6/21/2012 Maria Y

Lupe, one of the owners, did the best job with our wedding. Because or her professionalism and ideas our wedding turned out beautiful and fun. A day we will always cherish. Highly, recommend this company to anyone!

Must hire for a fantastic & unique reception

Reviewed on 3/25/2012 APRIL D

After a phone interview with David, we were easily convinced Dynamic Sounds was the DJ for us! Impressed by their creativity, professionalism, and passion, we eagerly agreed to hire them! They provide so much more than DJ service. Lupe and David were incredibly easy to work... Read More with. Lupe was always organized and thorough throughout the planning stages while creating our reception timeline. She sent regular updates, and kept us on track during the months before our wedding. We loved their creative ideas that really fit our vision of creating a meaningful, fun, and relaxed reception for our guests. We've received so many complements on the unique aspects of our reception (e.g., interactive games, personalized messages, etc). David did a fabulous job reading the audience, monitoring and adjusting the timeline as appropriate, and managing the occasional drunk guest!

FUN FUN FUN

Reviewed on 3/22/2012 Sarah W

David and his assistant were 110% FUN!! Our guests loved the wide range of music they played and they totally made our wedding the best party ever! David was a GREAT MC as well. Lupe is also completely amazing. She coordinated our timeline and helped me make decisions easier by... Read More asking specific questions and offering suggestions when I needed them. =)

One of My Best Vendors I Worked with for My Wedding

Reviewed on 3/07/2012 JEONGIN K

Thanks to David (DJ / MC) and the timeline made by his wife, Lupe, my wedding went really well and my guests really enjoy the music a lot. Some vendors didn't listen to what I really wanted for my wedding, but David and Lupe made sure that all my needs were met and that I was... Read More happy with their service. I highly recommend future brides to work with Dynamic Sounds especially if they are palnning on having a destination wedding like I was. They are vey reliable and professional, so even though I was planning a destination wedding, I could count on him. We even did a skype video chat on my first consultation, which none of my vendors did. I would like to thank David and Lupe for their professionalism, kindness and their excellent service. J from South Korea