Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa in Galena, Illinois, is a stunning facility to hold a wedding event. Its surroundings include the 225-acre Lake Galena and rolling hills with pristine countryside and cascading waterfalls providing ample of opportunities to take beautiful wedding photos. The 6,800-acre woodland retreat has distinctive villas and homes for guests to stay in as well as 80 lodge rooms. There is plenty to keep guests occupied around the wedding event including hiking and biking trails, fishing, bird watching, horse riding, swimming or playing a round of golf on one of the four championship golf courses.

The Eagle Ballroom. The beamed ballroom has floor-to-ceiling windows that flood the room with natural light and give guests stunning views of the surrounding countryside. The Eagle Ballroom can accommodate up to 300 guests or can be divided into three smaller spaces to cater to a smaller wedding event.

The Galena Room. This stylish room has 3,300 square feet of space that accommodates up to 200 guests. Alternatively, the room can be divided into five smaller rooms using floor-to-ceiling air walls in order to cater to a smaller wedding event.

Point Patio. This beautiful patio is a romantic location for an outdoor wedding event. The tented area has spectacular views across the 200-acre Lake Galena. Point Patio accommodates up to 150 guests.

The event specialists at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa provide an impeccable and personalized service. They look after the planning and coordination of the wedding event to ensure it runs smoothly from start to finish. The resort offers different packages that can be customized to suit the couple’s preferences.

The on-site ceremony fee includes the services of the wedding coordinator, a rehearsal, rental of the ceremony site, white wooden chairs, tables and linens for the entrance table and unity table, a podium and a microphone. The set up of the ceremony event is also included.

All of the Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa wedding packages include a room layout that is custom designed; floor-length table linens and overlays in white, ivory damask or black; fine china; glassware; table numbers; a cake knife set for the reception; complimentary wedding cake cutting and service; a tableside coffee service at the same time as dessert; use of a microphone at the head table; three glass candle votives for each table; risers for the head table, DJ or band; and the assistance of a personal coordinator throughout the event. A dance floor can be provided for use at Point Patio for an additional fee.

The formal dinner wedding package includes a champagne toast, an hour of hot hors d’oeuvres and three butler-passed hors d’oeuvres, a super premium open bar for four hours, a choice of salad or soup, a sorbet, an entree and, served with dinner, an Eagle Ridge private label wine. The hors d’oeuvres include choices such as smoked salmon mousse, tempura chicken skewers and lena cheese-stuffed mushrooms. The choices can be upgraded for an additional fee. The entree choices include dishes such as chicken Romesco, petite filet mignon, prosciutto-wrapped pork loin and Chateaubriand salmon and scallop pinwheel.

The hors d’oeuvres wedding package includes a champagne toast, four hours of a super-premium bar service, an hour of chef-selected butler-passed hors d’oeuvres, two hours of unlimited hors d’oeuvres and a coffee table featuring specialty teas as well as decaf and special blend coffee. The two-hour unlimited hors d’oeuvres package includes choices such as an artisan cheese board, a charcuterie platter, fajitas, Italian dishes, seafood dishes and more.

The brunch wedding package includes a three-hour beverage service with a Bloody Mary bar, a Mimosa bar and assorted drinks and a two-hour chef-attended specialty station. The specialty station is a choice between herb-crusted slow-roasted beef sirloin and carved Dijon-glazed ham.

Numerous enhancements for the wedding event are available. These include specialty linens and napkins, chair covers and ties, lounge furniture, trellis rental, crystal chandeliers, floral chandeliers, vintage lights, uplighting, fabric treatment and decorative columns. Also available are custom-designed ice sculptures, gift baskets, specialty cocktails and a screen/projector package.

• A complimentary room is given for either a rehearsal dinner or a farewell breakfast
  • Wedding guests benefit from discounted accommodation
  • A complimentary night’s lodging for the couple on their wedding night when booking over 10 rooms or other types of lodging at the resort

The Perfect Wedding Destination . . .

Celebrate amid Illinois' most pristine natural setting of incredible elegance and splendor. It's always the perfect season at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa with its gracious facilities, brilliant banquet and catering services, and inspiring views to make your special day one of magnificent memories.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

444 Eagle Ridge Drive, Galena, IL (815) 777-5000

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Brittani R

Eagle Ridge was the most beautiful place we had ever seen when we were touring venues. We loved the outdoor space, the indoor space, the hotel, the service, everything. Megan was incredibly helpful and sweet. She had answers for everything. We live 3 hours from Galena, so... Read More planning a wedding from afar could've been challenging, but Megan made it easy and fun. We had the most beautiful photos thanks to Unposed Photography. The ballrooms are huge, perfect for large weddings. My favorite part was the wood beams across the ceiling. It didn't feel tight or dark ever. They have a great outdoor balcony that surrounds the ballrooms for some fresh air. Couldn't have been happier with Eagle Ridge. I cannot wait to celebrate anniversaries and family get togethers here for a long time to come! Thank you every at Eagle Ridge for providing us with the wedding of our dreams.

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Alicia K

Eagle Ridge is the most beautiful place to have a wedding and Megan Carter and Rika Thibodeaux made planning an absolute dream. We had our rehearsal dinner at Woodstone Restaurant, our ceremony at the Point Patio, and our reception in the Eagle Ballroom. There isn't a place on... Read More the whole property that doesn't have stunning views. Our guests raved about their accommodations. The villas there are gorgeous and spacious. I knew absolutely nothing when it came to wedding planning, but Megan took me, my husband and our parents by the hand and guided us every step of the way. Eagle Ridge is clearly set up so well for weddings, which was already amazing. They have the classiest materials and decor and all the staff know exactly what they are doing. It's a venue with everything already built in, including the wedding planner. You can customize as much as you want to, or let them do all the work for you (which we chose to go with). They will work directly with your vendors and coordinate everything. Megan basically read my mind and created the wedding of my dreams. She's also an amazing person and super fun to hang out with, so wedding planning was always a blast! She answered all of my and my mom's crazy emails that we sent at all hours of the night (and looked at all of my pictures of our cats) always with a smile on her face. She worked extremely hard to make sure everything was perfect for us. Everything went SO smoothly the day of the wedding. Megan and Rika either had everything under control from the get go or they were just amazing at solving whatever problems popped up along the way. Either way, I knew nothing of any issues whatsoever and was able to fully focus on the perfect day and the most amazing celebration. Everyone had an absolute blast and kept talking about how it was the best wedding they had ever been to (objective fact). It was the best day of my life and I would absolutely recommend Eagle Ridge as a venue to anyone who's looking.

PERFECT Wedding

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Mary Ann H

I cannot say enough about the attentive service, fabulous food and accommodating polite workers at Eagle Ridge. Megan, the Wedding Coordinator was outstanding! Since Megan will be getting married next month she was very sympathetic and helpful to my daughter by taking care of... Read More things by going above and beyond to keep my daughter stress free. I was confident that everything would go smoothly because of Megan's attention to detail and perfection. Thank you Eagle Ridge and your staff for a beautifl wedding day for my daughter!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Summer D

After the scenic drive from the suburbs to Galena, I was excited, but seeing the scenic view from the ceremony & reception ballroom, I was sold! The coordinator, Megan, was absolutely fabulous! There are not enough kind things to say about her and her eagerness to make the day... Read More perfect! She made the whole experience easy and enjoyable. Can't say the same about everyone on the eagle ridge staff but really who can? The overall experience was flawless and truly the best day ever!!! Just a tip: be sure to remind them to open the blinds all the way if that's what you want. Day of I wasn't paying attention to the windows but after getting my photos back they are hard to miss.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Kristin B

Eagle Ridge was the perfect location for my wedding ceremony and reception. They are truly the best at what they do. Megan Carter, the on-site wedding coordinator, is so amazing. She coordinated all of the vendors, delivery and take down schedules, and made sure everything was... Read More planned down to the minute. Hands down the best experience I could have ever hoped for.

Reviewed on 3/15/2016

Our September 2015 wedding at Eagle Ridge was spectacular! Megan and her team worked with us to make our vision come true, only better. They were responsive and professional, and so very helpful. Planning was easy and fun. No additional wedding coordinator was necessary.... Read More The food was great -- we used their catering and cake baker, Wedding Day bakery. The Point Patio location was lovely, and we went with a full tent liner which was just perfect. Everyone had a great time and we will return to Eagle Ridge to relive the happy memories often!

Reviewed on 3/02/2016

Eagle Ridge is amazing. We were wowed by everything from the very start to the very end, and even thereafter. Megan (the wedding coordinator there) is super helpful and very prompt with her responses. She was very enthusiastic about our wedding and helped with anything she... Read More possibly could, even the details that I hadn’t even thought of. Eagle Ridge has many weddings under their belt and they absolutely know what they’re doing. They do an amazing job of putting you in contact with vendors if needed, like my last minute request to have string lighting in our fabric treatment and to have a backdrop for our head table. I thought it wasn’t something we could do but I just mentioned it to Megan close to our wedding and BAM she put me in touch with their fabric/lighting guy and it turned out beautifully. The staff at ER is very helpful and welcoming. I kept hearing compliments from all our guests about how beautiful the place was, how helpful everyone is, and they were all blown away by the lodging. Prices are super reasonable. They do not nickel and dime you which we really appreciated. When we first started researching venues, it seemed like every place had a cake cutting fee. It was like $2 for cutting each piece, which is like the price of the cake if you’re just getting a straight up buttercream cake. I think that’s just ridiculous! I’d cut my own cake then lol but I loved that they weren’t super stingy about charging us up the wazoo wherever they could. The prices were very good and didn’t detract from the quality. They are definitely worth every penny. With all their experience with previous weddings, their logistics are on point. Multiple times I would be worried about how certain items would get where they need to be or the timing of events, and Megan was very good with her ideas and reasoning. I love Megan; our wedding wouldn’t have been what it was without her (and Kelsey, our other wedding coordinator at ER in the beginning, props to her too!). A lot of it was my little random ideas for our wedding but she was integral with the execution of it and helped keep me in check with the end goal. She’s wonderful and anyone would be lucky to have her as their wedding coordinator! I still suggest ER to our newly engaged friends even though I want to keep it for myself lol.

Reviewed on 2/08/2016

Megan and the whole crew were excellent from the planning process all the way through the event. I would highly recommend this venue.

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Sara L

Our wedding was at Eagle Ridge in September 2015. From the beginning the staff at Eagle Ridge and specifically Megan Carter were great to work with and truly made our day spectacular. Our cocktail hour was out on the Point Patio and our reception was in the Ballroom. We had so... Read More many compliments on how beautiful the resort and wedding were. Our guests loved that they could rent houses to stay in and several people took advantage of golf and other amenities of Eagle Ridge. For a semi-destination wedding we couldn't have asked for a better day. Megan was our go to person the entire year of planning and the day of the wedding. She was always available to answer any of my detailed questions and ensure we were on top of the planning process. We were able to form a great relationship where we trusted her on the wedding day to set up the decorations,floor plans, etc. without questions. Thanks Megan and Eagle Ridge!

Beautiful Location, A Few Hiccups

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Lesley S

Eagle Ridge is in a beautiful location which is why we picked it. We lucked out and had a beautiful day. Everything went smoothly and their wedding coordinators helped me with everything. Only a few hiccups- there were a few errors in the seating chart that they didn't catch... Read More and some other minor details such as the lighting not being appropriate for some of the dances at the start of the night. Also, sound of the music was a bit low, but that was probably the fault of the DJs.

Eagle Ridge made our wedding weekend perfect!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Lisa H

I can not say enough great things about Eagle Ridge and the entire staff! Our wedding weekend was absolutely flawless and we thank the Eagle Ridge staff for that! The drinks, food, service and dedication to making our wedding amazing was beyond our expectations. I highly... Read More recommend ER as a wedding venue and know you will not be disappointed!

Stunning Venue, Wonderful Staff!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Lauren S

Jackie Hibbard and her staff put together an incredible event. From start to finish they were wonderful! The entire staff is patient, thorough, accommodating, and helpful! They made our wedding day so special! The venue itself is incredible looking. Our guests could not... Read More believe we were still in Illinois! Neither could we the first time we visited. We are so excited to have such a gorgeous place to visit on our anniversary!

Effortless Fairytale

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Caitlyn M

The staff at Eagle Ridge is experienced and professional and think of so many details I didn't to ensure the day ran smoothly. The food was worth the cost, completely delicious and beautifully plated with a flower. Of course the venue is beautiful! We were married on the Point... Read More Patio over looking the lake, and guests said it seemed like a fairy tale or a dream setting. Our reception was in the Galena rooms which is smaller and less popular than the ballroom but still seemed more than spacious enough for our 150 guests. We didn't hear or see anyone from the party in the ballroom above, it really seemed as if the entire staff was focused soley on us.

2013-08-29T11:21:31 Response from the vendor

All of us here at Eagle Ridge are so excited to hear how much you loved your wedding. It is our goal to make all of your wants and dreams come true. Not to mention the European theme you created was extremely beautiful. We had... Read Less Read More

Fall Wedding at Eagle Ridge - Amazing location, Amazing service

Reviewed on 3/20/2013 Mary P

The facilities and service at Eagle Ridge were perfect; I received so many compliments on each. Jackie, my day of wedding coordinator went above and beyond (well beyond just the day of). She took pictures of different vacation rental homes for us to use for our rehearsal... Read More dinner and even coordinated with the owner and facilities to make sure our tent was setup without hitting the septic. She also found us a bartender for our rehearsal dinner (even though we weren't having it on premesis) and met our cupcake vendor at 10 PM the night before the wedding to meet the delivery when they were late and we were already at our rehearsal dinner. Finally she was just on top of everything - I was so relaxed and didn't worry about a thing after the last schedule review the morning before the wedding. My guests complimented us on having bartenders that were "real" bartenders and the serving staff was so attentive that they had memorized the dietary restrictions at each table, found additional gluten free dessert when we ran out and brought blankets and pillows out for my nieces and nephews as they fell asleep. The spa did a great job on our hair and makeup and it was so wonderful to have a room all to ourselves where they came to us to do our hair and makeup - we didn’t have to run from location to location for hair, nails, makeup and to get dressed – everything was all brought to us. No regrets - I can't imagine it being any better.

PERFECTION!!!

Reviewed on 1/21/2013 Melanee J

My husband and I were looking for a venue that combined the beauty of nature with a romantic elegance and Eagle Ridge was perfect!!! Jackie (our venue coordinator) was a huge help in making our day come together with absolutely no issues. We had a little hiccup in the morning... Read More that involved a BM going to the ER, but the venue worked with us to ensure that upon her return (thank goodness), she was able to get ready and be a part of our special day. The comments that we had from guests regarding the space, food and service were all very positive. It was nice to have so many people pleasantly surprised by the quality of everything that was provided for the occassion. The bar manager, Byron, also went above and beyond finding the last remaining bottle of my hubby's fave beer and saving it for him! It was a very nice surprise and obviously showed that they pay attention to their guests to try and make the time here memorable. Every single person that we interacted with during our entire stay was beyond our expectations. This was a destination wedding for us as we are located in the Chicagoland area and I felt that the value of this venue was far better than any that we could find in our local area, and there are A LOT in our local area. We have been frequenting the Galena, IL area for most of our lives beginning as children and will continue to visit the area together. I could not be happier with the way everything turned out and would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone! The whole event came together better than I ever could have imagined. Thank you Eagle Ridge for making our special day the best it ever could have been!

Beautiful Resort with a great spa

Reviewed on 11/10/2012 Lizzie H

We had such a great time here!! The service was wonderful and the food was amazing!! The spa was also great!! Galena was wonderful as well! We would definitely stay there again!

Reception Venue

Reviewed on 8/09/2012 Nicole A

Our reception was PERFECT! Everything was set up exactly how we had planned and the whole evening went off with zero problems. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL, the entire staff of people that we worked with were friendly and helpful and really went above and beyond to make sure our... Read More day was everything and more than what we wanted.

Galena - April Wedding

Reviewed on 6/18/2012 Cassandra M

Our wedding turned out better then I could have ever imagined! The wedding coordinator was/is amazing!!! The food was out of this world great! The stay was nice.

Yummo

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Laura K

From the buffet for our rehearsal dinner to the plated dinner at our wedding reception...the food was delicious. You will not leave this place hungry! The food was hot..service was very efficient....wait staff was beyond accommodating.

Dream Venue

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Laura K

Eagle Ridge has a special place in my heart. My husband brought me here for a weekend getaway when we first started dating. This is where I fell in love with HIM & the amazing scenery at Eagle Ridge. It was our first & only choice we would consider for our wedding! The... Read More staff is nothing short of professional & friendly. The food was exceptional. Angie, the ER wedding coordinator, does an outstanding job. Everything fell into place. We didn't have to worry about anything! We simply enjoyed the romance of the evening. We will be back to enjoy our first anniversary at Eagle Ridge. Our hope was that our wedding guests would experience the same thing we did when we first visited ER. If you love the outdoors, quiet, & appreciating the simple things, you will enjoy ER. Let the scenery surround you & enjoy the magic it brings.

Beautiful Outdoor Wedding

Reviewed on 10/21/2011 Connie P

Eagle Ridge was the perfect venue! Their wedding coordinator, Angie, was organized and thoughtful. She made every moment run smoothly. I think she even prevented the rain that tried to fall. We were out on the Point Patio and the lake behind us was a perfect backdrop. I couldn't... Read More imagine a better place. They have a huge tent for out door weddings. When the sun set and it got chilly, they turned on outdoor heaters, which worked wonders. The scenery made our photos extra special. We got a complimentary suit on our wedding night which was beautiful, the food was delicious, the bar was flowing, I just can't say enough good things about my wedding at Eagle Ridge. My dad paid for everything so I don't know how much it cost, but as he said, "you only get married once so it's worth any price!"

Beautiful wedding reception

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Kalin S

The moment my husband and I visited Eagle Ridge and met with Angie for the first time, we knew it was going to be the place to hold our wedding reception. We chose Eagle Ridge not only for it’s beautiful views (filled with green trees overlooking the lake) and large ballroom... Read More layout, but because we knew collaborating with Angie would be fun and easy, and it was! Throughout the wedding planning process Angie was very responsive. Living in the Chicago land area, I relied heavily on email when contacting vendors. I was constantly emailing Angie with various inquiries and she was always quick to respond answering all my questions. Eagle Ridge even allowed us to bring in a lot of our own supplies (which at a lot of venues, is a big no no). My mother made table runners for every table, we brought mason jars with candles for the patio, and various other things such as additional candle votives (we were allowed to bring our own rather than renting them through Eagle Ridge) and a bottle of vintage champagne my husband surprised me with. The day of the wedding was amazing. Everything went smoothly and according to plan. Angie and her team were there to assist with everything. I’m still receiving compliments from guests saying it was the most beautiful wedding they’ve ever been to. If you are thinking of having your wedding at Eagle Ridge, do it! It is a unique setting and Angie is so fun to work with. Thanks Eagle Ridge for an unforgettable wedding for my guests and I!

Excellent

Reviewed on 6/21/2011 Talia M

Absolutely perfect! Beautiful location withe a great coordinator, who was always willing to take my calls! I wouldn't have done anything differently. All of my guests loved traveling out to Galena and enjoying the wonderful atmosphere!

beautiful

Reviewed on 12/28/2010 cate t

We had planned a Winter Wonderland Wedding- 12.11.10- and when the blizzard came through, it really was! Everything was AWESOME! At first, when I was planning, I was disappoited when the grand ballroom was already booked for a holiday party, but we were offered Spikes, the... Read More clubhouse to the golf course instead and it was AMAZING! It was closed down for the season, but they opened it up just for us. No one else was around, the entire building was just our guests, no one else could come in or leave- it kept the entire party self contained (which, with my rowdy relatives, was nice). We invited about 300 guests, expecting about 100 to come (knowing many wouldn't make the trip from Texas). 89 RSVP'ed yes, but with the storm, only about 75 came. It made for some last minute table changes and reseating, but it was the perfect size!!! (although, FYI, it could have easily fit 100-120 and still felt very intimate- the dinner side was roomy and there is enough space- between the bar side, the lobby and the dinner side- for everyone to roam around without crowding so I shouldn't have been so worried when our guest count was around 120). The high, vaulted ceilings with the wood rafters, the entire wall of windows, overlooking the scenery... all that wood and glass made the perfect venue. The chairs in the clubhouse are larger, wooden chairs, so we didn't need to pay extra for chair covers or anything. The lobby area has couches and chairs, so it made for a cool "lounge" area for guests who wanted to chat away from the band. It was classy and elegent without being stuffy or snooty. The wedding coordinator was awesome! Since I planned this from Austin, TX, she was really helpful in sending photos, details, everything I needed to put my mind at ease (I had to decide on the location before ever seeing it). She handled everything from start to finish. All the planning went smoothly, and the night itself was unforgettable- she took care of every detail so that no one had to worry about anything. The resort also offered a shuttle to/from anywhere else in the resort, so at the end of the night, none of my guests had to drive. They took the shuttle to and from the wedding so no one had to worry about the blizzard OR drinking. Even with the major snowfall and basically (I'd call it) undrivable conditions, they shuttle drivers were out, were careful and got every guest to the clubhouse. Oh, and the food.... absolutely delicious! That night they hooked us up with the honeymoon suite- amazing. Large suite, fireplace, amazing view overlooking the lake, a private balcony (although it was far too cold to go out on, it was nice to not have any neighbors who could see in). I would recommend Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa to anyone. If you want a hassle free experience, this was it. In my opinion, this was worth every penny!

Dream come true

Reviewed on 10/22/2010 Aimee B

When I was eight years old, I remember visiting Eagle Ridge with my parents for the first time. My mom and I walked into one of the Ballrooms and I remember her saying to me "What a beautiful place to have a wedding someday". Twenty years later, my dream came true. It was... Read More great for my husband and I to share our "special place" with our closest family and friends on our wedding day. ER did a magnificent job with EVERYTHING. I wouldn't have changed a thing. We got married outside in the courtyard by the gazebo and my only regret was that the weather would have cooperated for us a little more... it stopped raining about ten minutes before our ceremony but we still got to have our dream outdoor wedding. Angie McCollough, our Wedding Coordinator, was great. The food was fantastic. I can't tell you how many people have told me that it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to.