Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa

Galena, IL

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa

A BALLROOM IN GALENA, IL

Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa in Galena, Illinois, is a stunning facility to hold a wedding event. Its surroundings include the 225-acre Lake Galena and rolling hills with pristine countryside and cascading waterfalls providing ample of opportunities to take beautiful wedding photos. The 6,800-acre woodland retreat has distinctive villas and homes for guests to stay in as well as 80 lodge rooms. There is plenty to keep guests occupied around the wedding event including hiking and biking trails, fishing, bird watching, horse riding, swimming or playing a round of golf on one of the four championship golf courses.

The Eagle Ballroom. The beamed ballroom has floor-to-ceiling windows that flood the room with natural light and give guests stunning views of the surrounding countryside. The Eagle Ballroom can accommodate up to 300 guests or can be divided into three smaller spaces to cater to a smaller wedding event.

The Galena Room. This stylish room has 3,300 square feet of space that accommodates up to 200 guests. Alternatively, the room can be divided into five smaller rooms using floor-to-ceiling air walls in order to cater to a smaller wedding event.

Point Patio. This beautiful patio is a romantic location for an outdoor wedding event. The tented area has spectacular views across the 200-acre Lake Galena. Point Patio accommodates up to 150 guests.

The event specialists at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa provide an impeccable and personalized service. They look after the planning and coordination of the wedding event to ensure it runs smoothly from start to finish. The resort offers different packages that can be customized to suit the couple’s preferences.

The on-site ceremony fee includes the services of the wedding coordinator, a rehearsal, rental of the ceremony site, white wooden chairs, tables and linens for the entrance table and unity table, a podium and a microphone. The set up of the ceremony event is also included.

All of the Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa wedding packages include a room layout that is custom designed; floor-length table linens and overlays in white, ivory damask or black; fine china; glassware; table numbers; a cake knife set for the reception; complimentary wedding cake cutting and service; a tableside coffee service at the same time as dessert; use of a microphone at the head table; three glass candle votives for each table; risers for the head table, DJ or band; and the assistance of a personal coordinator throughout the event. A dance floor can be provided for use at Point Patio for an additional fee.

The formal dinner wedding package includes a champagne toast, an hour of hot hors d’oeuvres and three butler-passed hors d’oeuvres, a super premium open bar for four hours, a choice of salad or soup, a sorbet, an entree and, served with dinner, an Eagle Ridge private label wine. The hors d’oeuvres include choices such as smoked salmon mousse, tempura chicken skewers and lena cheese-stuffed mushrooms. The choices can be upgraded for an additional fee. The entree choices include dishes such as chicken Romesco, petite filet mignon, prosciutto-wrapped pork loin and Chateaubriand salmon and scallop pinwheel.

The hors d’oeuvres wedding package includes a champagne toast, four hours of a super-premium bar service, an hour of chef-selected butler-passed hors d’oeuvres, two hours of unlimited hors d’oeuvres and a coffee table featuring specialty teas as well as decaf and special blend coffee. The two-hour unlimited hors d’oeuvres package includes choices such as an artisan cheese board, a charcuterie platter, fajitas, Italian dishes, seafood dishes and more.

The brunch wedding package includes a three-hour beverage service with a Bloody Mary bar, a Mimosa bar and assorted drinks and a two-hour chef-attended specialty station. The specialty station is a choice between herb-crusted slow-roasted beef sirloin and carved Dijon-glazed ham.

Numerous enhancements for the wedding event are available. These include specialty linens and napkins, chair covers and ties, lounge furniture, trellis rental, crystal chandeliers, floral chandeliers, vintage lights, uplighting, fabric treatment and decorative columns. Also available are custom-designed ice sculptures, gift baskets, specialty cocktails and a screen/projector package.

• A complimentary room is given for either a rehearsal dinner or a farewell breakfast
  • Wedding guests benefit from discounted accommodation
  • A complimentary night’s lodging for the couple on their wedding night when booking over 10 rooms or other types of lodging at the resort

The Perfect Wedding Destination . . .

Celebrate amid Illinois' most pristine natural setting of incredible elegance and splendor. It's always the perfect season at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa with its gracious facilities, brilliant banquet and catering services, and inspiring views to make your special day one of magnificent memories.

• Outdoor - Covered

Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

444 Eagle Ridge Drive, Galena, IL (815) 777-5000

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Brittani R

Eagle Ridge was the most beautiful place we had ever seen when we were touring venues. We loved the outdoor space, the indoor space, the hotel, the service, everything. Megan was incredibly helpful and sweet. She had answers for everything. We live 3 hours from Galena, so... Read More planning a wedding from afar could've been challenging, but Megan made it easy and fun. We had the most beautiful photos thanks to Unposed Photography. The ballrooms are huge, perfect for large weddings. My favorite part was the wood beams across the ceiling. It didn't feel tight or dark ever. They have a great outdoor balcony that surrounds the ballrooms for some fresh air. Couldn't have been happier with Eagle Ridge. I cannot wait to celebrate anniversaries and family get togethers here for a long time to come! Thank you every at Eagle Ridge for providing us with the wedding of our dreams.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Alexis H

Eagle Ridge is a beautiful wedding venue. We had our perfect wedding here. Rika was extremely helpful as the wedding coordinator. The views and the resort are gorgeous. Food was outstanding! Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Alicia K

Eagle Ridge is the most beautiful place to have a wedding and Megan Carter and Rika Thibodeaux made planning an absolute dream. We had our rehearsal dinner at Woodstone Restaurant, our ceremony at the Point Patio, and our reception in the Eagle Ballroom. There isn't a place on... Read More the whole property that doesn't have stunning views. Our guests raved about their accommodations. The villas there are gorgeous and spacious. I knew absolutely nothing when it came to wedding planning, but Megan took me, my husband and our parents by the hand and guided us every step of the way. Eagle Ridge is clearly set up so well for weddings, which was already amazing. They have the classiest materials and decor and all the staff know exactly what they are doing. It's a venue with everything already built in, including the wedding planner. You can customize as much as you want to, or let them do all the work for you (which we chose to go with). They will work directly with your vendors and coordinate everything. Megan basically read my mind and created the wedding of my dreams. She's also an amazing person and super fun to hang out with, so wedding planning was always a blast! She answered all of my and my mom's crazy emails that we sent at all hours of the night (and looked at all of my pictures of our cats) always with a smile on her face. She worked extremely hard to make sure everything was perfect for us. Everything went SO smoothly the day of the wedding. Megan and Rika either had everything under control from the get go or they were just amazing at solving whatever problems popped up along the way. Either way, I knew nothing of any issues whatsoever and was able to fully focus on the perfect day and the most amazing celebration. Everyone had an absolute blast and kept talking about how it was the best wedding they had ever been to (objective fact). It was the best day of my life and I would absolutely recommend Eagle Ridge as a venue to anyone who's looking.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Jenny M

Eagle Ridge is such a beautiful location for the Midwest! We wanted our guests to have a mini getaway, which is why we chose Eagle Ridge for our wedding + it's so gorgeous there! We rented houses for our bridal parties + families- which made getting ready for our wedding so... Read More easy + fun! The houses also allowed us to spend more time with our loved ones + it felt like one big, best friend reunion. The guys loved being able to golf, while the gals explored downtown! With all of the festivities, the complimentary Eagle Ridge shuttles were perfect for traveling safely within the Galena Territories. The food and service were excellent!! I highly recommend doing the sweets bar as well, as that was a huge hit for our guests + a phenomenal display as well! I also loved being able to have the option to do late night snacks for our guests - the pizza helped to refuel those dancing spirits!! We had our reception in The Eagle Ballroom which is rustic + natural with its beautiful wooden beams, chandeliers, and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Lake Galena and let's not forget about the AMAZING deck they have as well that is perfect for cocktail hour + you want a fresh breeze + stunning views. Point Patio is where we held our ceremony + it was absolutely beautiful- it also overlooks Lake Galena and is is surrounded by tall trees. The resort itself offers so many amazing amenities for guests to do + have which help make your stay so memorable + relaxing! I truly felt my wedding day ran so smoothly because of my all-star vendor team + the staff of Eagle Ridge were INCREDIBLE!! Special shoutout to Maggie Truppa - one of the wedding coordinators! You are in excellent hands under her guidance!!! ! She made the planning process enjoyable + and eased my stress with how responsive, patient, efficient, organized, professional, kind, and genuine she was! Any bride is lucky to have Maggie as their coordinator! She is such a great communicator with every email + phone call + all throughout the wedding day!! There were no surprises on my big day, because they really ensure that all the big things + little things are decided and covered. I can honestly say that my wedding day went so smooth because of her + how organized Eagle Ridge is and I could not be more grateful. Thank you for making our wedding day + wedding weekend fun + beautiful + incredible!! Much love!! Jenny + Sean

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Kimberly A

The entire experience at Eagle Ridge was absolutely phenomenal for our wedding. We made several visits to Eagle Ridge during the planning phase and they were all phenomenal. We worked with three different wedding planners at Eagle Ridge, all of which were phenomenal, especially... Read More Maggie Truppa. We had our wedding downtown in Grant Park and our reception in the main ballroom back at Eagle Ridge. The customer service at Eagle Ridge is first class. We rented their signature home #604 for the welcome party and that was wonderful. The bellman repeatedly came out to deliver ice and fresh towels and pick up any garbage. The reception couldn't have gone any better. Maggie coordinated everything perfectly with all of our vendors and the night flowed perfectly. I would recommend Eagle Ridge to anyone! Oh and we also had a 60 player golf outing at The General (signature golf course) and they gave us a great rate and treated us awesome. The course was in great shape too! Groom - 9/3/2017 Wedding at Eagle Ridge - Main Ballroom

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Emily B

Good service, GREAT location, it was nice to have a one stop shop since we were out of towners. The deck was the perfect place for our small ceremony and the food was top notch! There were a few things that didn't go as planed, but overall - I would recommend it!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Summer D

After the scenic drive from the suburbs to Galena, I was excited, but seeing the scenic view from the ceremony & reception ballroom, I was sold! The coordinator, Megan, was absolutely fabulous! There are not enough kind things to say about her and her eagerness to make the day... Read More perfect! She made the whole experience easy and enjoyable. Can't say the same about everyone on the eagle ridge staff but really who can? The overall experience was flawless and truly the best day ever!!! Just a tip: be sure to remind them to open the blinds all the way if that's what you want. Day of I wasn't paying attention to the windows but after getting my photos back they are hard to miss.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Kristin B

Eagle Ridge was the perfect location for my wedding ceremony and reception. They are truly the best at what they do. Megan Carter, the on-site wedding coordinator, is so amazing. She coordinated all of the vendors, delivery and take down schedules, and made sure everything was... Read More planned down to the minute. Hands down the best experience I could have ever hoped for.

Reviewed on 3/15/2016

Our September 2015 wedding at Eagle Ridge was spectacular! Megan and her team worked with us to make our vision come true, only better. They were responsive and professional, and so very helpful. Planning was easy and fun. No additional wedding coordinator was necessary.... Read More The food was great -- we used their catering and cake baker, Wedding Day bakery. The Point Patio location was lovely, and we went with a full tent liner which was just perfect. Everyone had a great time and we will return to Eagle Ridge to relive the happy memories often!

Reviewed on 3/02/2016

Eagle Ridge is amazing. We were wowed by everything from the very start to the very end, and even thereafter. Megan (the wedding coordinator there) is super helpful and very prompt with her responses. She was very enthusiastic about our wedding and helped with anything she... Read More possibly could, even the details that I hadn’t even thought of. Eagle Ridge has many weddings under their belt and they absolutely know what they’re doing. They do an amazing job of putting you in contact with vendors if needed, like my last minute request to have string lighting in our fabric treatment and to have a backdrop for our head table. I thought it wasn’t something we could do but I just mentioned it to Megan close to our wedding and BAM she put me in touch with their fabric/lighting guy and it turned out beautifully. The staff at ER is very helpful and welcoming. I kept hearing compliments from all our guests about how beautiful the place was, how helpful everyone is, and they were all blown away by the lodging. Prices are super reasonable. They do not nickel and dime you which we really appreciated. When we first started researching venues, it seemed like every place had a cake cutting fee. It was like $2 for cutting each piece, which is like the price of the cake if you’re just getting a straight up buttercream cake. I think that’s just ridiculous! I’d cut my own cake then lol but I loved that they weren’t super stingy about charging us up the wazoo wherever they could. The prices were very good and didn’t detract from the quality. They are definitely worth every penny. With all their experience with previous weddings, their logistics are on point. Multiple times I would be worried about how certain items would get where they need to be or the timing of events, and Megan was very good with her ideas and reasoning. I love Megan; our wedding wouldn’t have been what it was without her (and Kelsey, our other wedding coordinator at ER in the beginning, props to her too!). A lot of it was my little random ideas for our wedding but she was integral with the execution of it and helped keep me in check with the end goal. She’s wonderful and anyone would be lucky to have her as their wedding coordinator! I still suggest ER to our newly engaged friends even though I want to keep it for myself lol.

Reviewed on 2/08/2016

Megan and the whole crew were excellent from the planning process all the way through the event. I would highly recommend this venue.

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Sara L

Our wedding was at Eagle Ridge in September 2015. From the beginning the staff at Eagle Ridge and specifically Megan Carter were great to work with and truly made our day spectacular. Our cocktail hour was out on the Point Patio and our reception was in the Ballroom. We had so... Read More many compliments on how beautiful the resort and wedding were. Our guests loved that they could rent houses to stay in and several people took advantage of golf and other amenities of Eagle Ridge. For a semi-destination wedding we couldn't have asked for a better day. Megan was our go to person the entire year of planning and the day of the wedding. She was always available to answer any of my detailed questions and ensure we were on top of the planning process. We were able to form a great relationship where we trusted her on the wedding day to set up the decorations,floor plans, etc. without questions. Thanks Megan and Eagle Ridge!

Beautiful Location, A Few Hiccups

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Lesley S

Eagle Ridge is in a beautiful location which is why we picked it. We lucked out and had a beautiful day. Everything went smoothly and their wedding coordinators helped me with everything. Only a few hiccups- there were a few errors in the seating chart that they didn't catch... Read More and some other minor details such as the lighting not being appropriate for some of the dances at the start of the night. Also, sound of the music was a bit low, but that was probably the fault of the DJs.

Eagle Ridge made our wedding weekend perfect!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Lisa H

I can not say enough great things about Eagle Ridge and the entire staff! Our wedding weekend was absolutely flawless and we thank the Eagle Ridge staff for that! The drinks, food, service and dedication to making our wedding amazing was beyond our expectations. I highly... Read More recommend ER as a wedding venue and know you will not be disappointed!

PERFECT Wedding

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Mary Ann H

I cannot say enough about the attentive service, fabulous food and accommodating polite workers at Eagle Ridge. Megan, the Wedding Coordinator was outstanding! Since Megan will be getting married next month she was very sympathetic and helpful to my daughter by taking care of... Read More things by going above and beyond to keep my daughter stress free. I was confident that everything would go smoothly because of Megan's attention to detail and perfection. Thank you Eagle Ridge and your staff for a beautifl wedding day for my daughter!

Stunning Venue, Wonderful Staff!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Lauren S

Jackie Hibbard and her staff put together an incredible event. From start to finish they were wonderful! The entire staff is patient, thorough, accommodating, and helpful! They made our wedding day so special! The venue itself is incredible looking. Our guests could not... Read More believe we were still in Illinois! Neither could we the first time we visited. We are so excited to have such a gorgeous place to visit on our anniversary!

Effortless Fairytale

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Caitlyn M

The staff at Eagle Ridge is experienced and professional and think of so many details I didn't to ensure the day ran smoothly. The food was worth the cost, completely delicious and beautifully plated with a flower. Of course the venue is beautiful! We were married on the Point... Read More Patio over looking the lake, and guests said it seemed like a fairy tale or a dream setting. Our reception was in the Galena rooms which is smaller and less popular than the ballroom but still seemed more than spacious enough for our 150 guests. We didn't hear or see anyone from the party in the ballroom above, it really seemed as if the entire staff was focused soley on us.

2013-08-29T11:21:31 Response from the vendor

All of us here at Eagle Ridge are so excited to hear how much you loved your wedding. It is our goal to make all of your wants and dreams come true. Not to mention the European theme you created was extremely beautiful. We had... Read Less Read More

Fall Wedding at Eagle Ridge - Amazing location, Amazing service

Reviewed on 3/20/2013 Mary P

The facilities and service at Eagle Ridge were perfect; I received so many compliments on each. Jackie, my day of wedding coordinator went above and beyond (well beyond just the day of). She took pictures of different vacation rental homes for us to use for our rehearsal... Read More dinner and even coordinated with the owner and facilities to make sure our tent was setup without hitting the septic. She also found us a bartender for our rehearsal dinner (even though we weren't having it on premesis) and met our cupcake vendor at 10 PM the night before the wedding to meet the delivery when they were late and we were already at our rehearsal dinner. Finally she was just on top of everything - I was so relaxed and didn't worry about a thing after the last schedule review the morning before the wedding. My guests complimented us on having bartenders that were "real" bartenders and the serving staff was so attentive that they had memorized the dietary restrictions at each table, found additional gluten free dessert when we ran out and brought blankets and pillows out for my nieces and nephews as they fell asleep. The spa did a great job on our hair and makeup and it was so wonderful to have a room all to ourselves where they came to us to do our hair and makeup - we didn’t have to run from location to location for hair, nails, makeup and to get dressed – everything was all brought to us. No regrets - I can't imagine it being any better.

PERFECTION!!!

Reviewed on 1/21/2013 Melanee J

My husband and I were looking for a venue that combined the beauty of nature with a romantic elegance and Eagle Ridge was perfect!!! Jackie (our venue coordinator) was a huge help in making our day come together with absolutely no issues. We had a little hiccup in the morning... Read More that involved a BM going to the ER, but the venue worked with us to ensure that upon her return (thank goodness), she was able to get ready and be a part of our special day. The comments that we had from guests regarding the space, food and service were all very positive. It was nice to have so many people pleasantly surprised by the quality of everything that was provided for the occassion. The bar manager, Byron, also went above and beyond finding the last remaining bottle of my hubby's fave beer and saving it for him! It was a very nice surprise and obviously showed that they pay attention to their guests to try and make the time here memorable. Every single person that we interacted with during our entire stay was beyond our expectations. This was a destination wedding for us as we are located in the Chicagoland area and I felt that the value of this venue was far better than any that we could find in our local area, and there are A LOT in our local area. We have been frequenting the Galena, IL area for most of our lives beginning as children and will continue to visit the area together. I could not be happier with the way everything turned out and would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone! The whole event came together better than I ever could have imagined. Thank you Eagle Ridge for making our special day the best it ever could have been!

Beautiful Resort with a great spa

Reviewed on 11/10/2012 Lizzie H

We had such a great time here!! The service was wonderful and the food was amazing!! The spa was also great!! Galena was wonderful as well! We would definitely stay there again!

Reception Venue

Reviewed on 8/09/2012 Nicole A

Our reception was PERFECT! Everything was set up exactly how we had planned and the whole evening went off with zero problems. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL, the entire staff of people that we worked with were friendly and helpful and really went above and beyond to make sure our... Read More day was everything and more than what we wanted.

Galena - April Wedding

Reviewed on 6/18/2012 Cassandra M

Our wedding turned out better then I could have ever imagined! The wedding coordinator was/is amazing!!! The food was out of this world great! The stay was nice.

Yummo

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Laura K

From the buffet for our rehearsal dinner to the plated dinner at our wedding reception...the food was delicious. You will not leave this place hungry! The food was hot..service was very efficient....wait staff was beyond accommodating.

Dream Venue

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Laura K

Eagle Ridge has a special place in my heart. My husband brought me here for a weekend getaway when we first started dating. This is where I fell in love with HIM & the amazing scenery at Eagle Ridge. It was our first & only choice we would consider for our wedding! The... Read More staff is nothing short of professional & friendly. The food was exceptional. Angie, the ER wedding coordinator, does an outstanding job. Everything fell into place. We didn't have to worry about anything! We simply enjoyed the romance of the evening. We will be back to enjoy our first anniversary at Eagle Ridge. Our hope was that our wedding guests would experience the same thing we did when we first visited ER. If you love the outdoors, quiet, & appreciating the simple things, you will enjoy ER. Let the scenery surround you & enjoy the magic it brings.

Beautiful Outdoor Wedding

Reviewed on 10/21/2011 Connie P

Eagle Ridge was the perfect venue! Their wedding coordinator, Angie, was organized and thoughtful. She made every moment run smoothly. I think she even prevented the rain that tried to fall. We were out on the Point Patio and the lake behind us was a perfect backdrop. I couldn't... Read More imagine a better place. They have a huge tent for out door weddings. When the sun set and it got chilly, they turned on outdoor heaters, which worked wonders. The scenery made our photos extra special. We got a complimentary suit on our wedding night which was beautiful, the food was delicious, the bar was flowing, I just can't say enough good things about my wedding at Eagle Ridge. My dad paid for everything so I don't know how much it cost, but as he said, "you only get married once so it's worth any price!"