Relaxed Sophistication

We believe your wedding is not just another event – it’s an expression of you. Our goal is to carry a unique selection of designers that would give the Effie Bride choices that suit her personality and individual taste. We have a wide variety of gowns, bridal party dresses, accessories and more!

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Fashion

1715 County Road 42 W, Burnsville, MN (952) 892-7699

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Jessica H

Effie's is the best!! I had appointments booked at other bridal stores and ended up canceling because I found the perfect dress at Effie's Bridal Trunk. They had so many styles and prices to choose from! The staff is very knowledgable on designs, sizes, and everything in... Read More between. I left feeling confident about my dress choice and never looked back. Would recommend to any bride!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Erica S

Best experience ever. I went to Effie's twice, the first to try on dresses and determine if the style I had in mind would work in person. I then went back a couple months later (after visiting other bridal shops) knowing this is where I wanted to buy my dress. Not only did they... Read More have a huge selection of all style dresses but the associates do not work on commission so I never felt pressured to buy a dress. I worked with Bobbie both times and she made the experience SO MUCH FUN. She encouraged me to step out of my box a little and I walked away with a dress that I absolutely love. -They even give you a champagne toast after you say yes! Effie's gave me the wedding dress experience I had always imagined!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017

Worst experience ever, filthy as you walked in. Staff was unprofessional, would have had better service if we went to a fabric store and just started piecing strips of fabric together. Some of the party drove over 5 hours and the bride was in tears before second dress,... Read More associate did not help and kept disappearing. Nothing organized, like a big TJMAXX only with rude obnoxious staff.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Stephanie P

LOVED my experience at Effie's! They were so warm and welcoming and made searching for a dress easy. You actually get to pull the dresses that you want to try on, not just let someone pull them for you. Great place!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kristin H

I got my dress from Effie's last November for my wedding last month. Effie's offered phenomenal customer service. I felt like it actually was about helping me find a dress, rather than just making a sale. They had a good range of options for the size of the store, and I found a... Read More charming tea length dress. I got SO MANY compliments on my dress, and felt just gorgeous. Effie's also provided a list of seamstresses and even had a recommendation for one who had experience doing the kind of modifications I needed.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Bridget R

Couldn't be happier with my wedding dress. Fit like a glove. Great help picking out the dress and no issues with the dress once it came in. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Jewel M

I usually don’t write negative reviews but I feel obligated to do so regarding my experience at Effie’s Bridal Trunk. I went here in July 2016 to look for my wedding gown. We had a pleasant associate help us. She was nice but she was also incompetent. I told her I wanted a... Read More simple gown and she continued to pull ball gowns. It was clear that she thought ball gowns were “bridal” and a simple gown was not. She also did not have a good grasp on the inventory or how to change brides out of gowns. Multiple times she could not unclasp and undue the dress I was in. I had a panic attack because she tried to get the gown off my head and I was trapped in the dress. She took up three changing rooms because she wouldn’t hang the gowns up again. She had only been working there for a couple of weeks and it showed. Perhaps management should train staff properly or hire individuals with previous bridal experience. To add insult to injury, she suggested I go to a plus size store to find my gown -- I hoover between a size 6/8. She never should have said that. Ironically, I purchased a sample size at a different store. Additionally, the store does not provide a variety of dress styles. I do not recommend Eddie’s Bridal Trunk.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Karen B

I want to give a special thank you to the staff at Effie’s Bridal Trunk for providing such a great wedding dress shopping experience for me and my family! After a discouraging morning of shopping around for my dress, our last stop was Effie’s Bridal Trunk and the whole... Read More experience there turned my day around! They had such a wide variety of dresses and styles to select and I eventually was able to find the dress of my dreams with the help of family and the amazing staff at Effie’s! My dress made me feel beautiful and confident on my wedding day – I could not have asked for anything better!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Sam M

Awesome place to buy a dress! They go out of there way to help you find the dress of your dreams!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Aly P

I recently shopped for wedding gown at Effie's - and even though I ultimately bought my dress elsewhere I would definitely recommend this place to any bride to be! Our attendant Maria was very easy to work with, and allowed us to pick out dresses we liked while still making... Read More recommendations and sharing ideas from her own expertise. She stayed within my budget for all gowns, and was very attentive to my likes/dislikes and preferences. The building was beautiful on the inside, exactly how you would picture a bridal shop! It was a great experience overall, I ultimately found my wedding gown elsewhere - but I may be back to find bridesmaids gowns soon!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Amanda E

My experience finding a gown was not the reason this is rated low. My experience finding one was as expected: an attentive assistant realizing your style and finding the perfect dress. It was even beyond perfect with their pink room and mirrors galore. This is as expected by any... Read More bride, hoping to have a beyond normal experience finding "the dress"! Now for the bad part, once decided, their assistant recommends sizing based on your measurements. Should be fine, right? These are professionals recommending sizing every day on what gown would fit best among sizes. I got a recommended size and went with it. When it was ready, I came in and it didn't even fit- they sized me too small. Now, having the initial lovely experience, this was a nightmare. I stayed the same shape and size and yet here my dress wasn't even able to zip up! I broke down in tears with the ladies from the shop telling me,"if you want the next size up, you'll have to buy a new one," and, "we'd be out of business if we returned every dress that didn't fit". This added on to the living nightmare. Not only did I pay for an expensive dress that didn't fit, they wouldn't even consider letting me return it! They stated it was my fault the dress didn't fit, "oops too bad". Research before you sign anything, make sure you go with your gut and not these "professionals". Wedding dress sizes run small, and I learned the hard way. I will not be recommending this shop.

2016-07-25T18:14:30 Response from the vendor

Amanda, We are writing in response to your review. The size of dress ordered was based on your measurements followed by designer’s size chart. While we shared our recommendations of the size to order, you were the Final Decision Maker in the size that was... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Brittany H

I had an AMAZING experience at Effie's! They have the largest selection of designers and styles, and the atmosphere is relaxed sophistication, just like they say. They provide you with comfy, cozy slippers to wear while you walk around the store, have little lounge areas so you... Read More can model the dresses to those you brought along, and pop champagne for everyone when you say yes to the dress! Sara was so nice and helpful, never pushy. With a short engagement, I needed a dress shipped ASAP. She made sure to get me the one dress the designer had in stock nationwide in my size. She picked out the perfect veil to match my dress too! I'm so glad I said yes to the dress at Effie's!

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Julia C

I couldn't have imagined a better experience than the one I had today at Effies. They had a wide selection of different designers and styles, the runway for trying on was phenomenal and their customer service was outstanding. I went in, on a whim, because I had the day off. They... Read More got me in right away and Jordan began helping me find what I was looking for. She was a GEM; so sweet and helpful and genuine. She really helped guide me toward what was best for me and she was so patient. I went to another shop, even after finding "my dress" just to compare. They were nowhere near as welcoming and helpful and I knew I wanted to buy from Effies, regardless, because I wanted to support such a great place. Couldn't recommend this enough!!

Reviewed on 2/19/2016 Kate D

I had gone to six bridal stores in five days and kept returning to Effie's Bridal Trunk because not only did I have my eye on one of their dresses but because their customer service is outstanding. The owner, Paula, and dressing assistant, Sara, are everything you could ask for... Read More when making this big decision. They are the perfect mix of helpful without hovering and excitement without being fake and in your face. I never once felt pressured by them the way other shops made me feel. I truly felt as if they were trying to help me make the best decision for me and not for how their business would benefit. In the end they helped my modify my dress so it was exactly what I had envisioned. I simply cannot say enough good things about this store and their personnel. As an added bonus, the store is bright, beautiful and clearly very well taken care of. A must stop shop!

Reviewed on 1/02/2016 Nina B

I said yes to the dress at Effie's Bridal!!! I cannot believe how helpful they were! They were not pushy or snooty at all. They also had great pricing for the dresses and many different styles. The set up of the store is amazing and you feel very comfortable the entire time. All... Read More the other bridal dress places I went to I kept wanting to go back to Effie's. Amazing!!!!! :)

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Amanda T

The consultant I had was very friendly and helpful. It was the first store I shopped at and she was very patient and great at helping me figure out what I was looking for. Loved the atmosphere.

Such a cute and personal place to purchase a wedding gown!

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 Melissa V

I came to Effie's on my first day of looking for my wedding dress. As soon as you walk in the door, the place feels so calming and beautiful. Sara helped me find my perfect gown and suggested I try on a number of wedding gowns. I ended up falling in love with the very first one... Read More I tried on - a fit/flair that I would have never picked out myself. Love Effie's and recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Kyle H

A huge THANK YOU to Effie's Bridal Trunk for going above and beyond for me to find me my dream wedding dress!! Paula, Sarah and the whole staff at Effie's are absolutely amazing and provide the best customer service out there. The people are amazing, the ambiance is amazing,... Read More everything about Effie's is AMAZING and I would recommend Effie's over any other bridal store. My experience at Effie's was beyond perfect and definitely one that I will never forget. THANK YOU!!

Fabulous Overall Experience

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Meghan M

I went to Effie's for my bridal gown and for the bridesmaid dresses. Both experiences were fabulous and Effie's went above and beyond. They took the time to make sure I was happy with the decisions as the bride and to ensure I left feeling comfortable. When they couldn't get... Read More the jacket I wanted in time, Paula was able to sell one of the samples which turned out really great after alterations. I couldn't be more happy with the customer service, selection, and overall experience at Effie's. I'm very happy to an Effie's bride!

Nice, pretty shop for dress shopping

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Tanya D

I went in a few times to look at dresses and accessories. The attendants were friendly and helpful. I went when there were very few other customers. They have a good selection. The shop layout is a little confusing at first if you have to go from one end to the other, but you'll... Read More make your way. I didn't purchase from here but would recommend it.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Ashley Y

Effie's Bridal Trunk is absolutely amazing to work with. I purchased my wedding gown, veil and flower girl dresses from them for my wedding in September. The salon is beautiful and has such a glamorous atmosphere. I really enjoyed being able to select dresses myself that I... Read More wanted to try on and their experienced staff always brought me great recommendations. I would highly recommend going to Effie's Bridal Trunk for any soon to be Bride looking for a beautiful wedding gown.

Jewelry

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Garrett E

The first time I was in Effie's I asked some questions about jewelry and the lady that helped me was rude. Pretty sure she was the owner. I left and came back a week later to order and the same lady helped me, this time around much more polite. I bought matching hand made... Read More Swarovki Crystal necklace and earrings by MEG Jewelry. They arrived on time and were reasonable priced through Effie's. They are absolutely stunning.

Effie's was awesome!

Reviewed on 8/15/2015 Audrey F

I got my wedding dress at Effie's and had a wonderful experience. Effie's had been recommended to my mom, so we decided to check it out. We were able to walk in without an appointment, and the staff were very fun and helpful (not pushy). I loved the atmosphere, and I thought... Read More they had a great selection for a boutique. We ended up buying a sample gown, which was in wonderful condition and didn't need any repairs. If I could do it all again, I would choose Effie's!

Effies is a must-stop on your wedding dress search!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Bridget R

Effie’s Bridal Trunk was my favorite wedding dress shop that I visited. They had a very large selection of wedding dresses, great prices and a comfortable and fun atmosphere. The woman who helped me try on dresses took great care to clip the dresses so that they fit exactly... Read More how they would once altered. She was friendly and helpful and made me feel beautiful in everything! They have a special “Pink room” in the back that has a runway and chandelier to make you feel even more beautiful! I visited with only my sister, but this would be a great place to bring a bridal party. Although I ended up finding my dress elsewhere, I would definitely recommend Effie’s as a stop on search!

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Stephanie P

I purchased my Wedding dress from Effies Bridal and had wonderful service! Gayo is the lady that helped me and she is absolutely AWESOME! So friendly and personable! I LOVE my dress and wish I could wear it again it was perfect! Prices were a little high but the quality and... Read More customer service was great! I also got my bridesmaid dresses from there. My girls received 10% off since I purchased my dress there as well! Go to Effies bridal and ask for Gayo you won't regret it!