Relaxed Sophistication

We believe your wedding is not just another event – it’s an expression of you. Our goal is to carry a unique selection of designers that would give the Effie Bride choices that suit her personality and individual taste. We have a wide variety of gowns, bridal party dresses, accessories and more!

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Fashion

1715 County Road 42 W, Burnsville, MN (952) 892-7699

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Bryce S

I went to four different bridal shops and Effie's was by far the best one!! I went in to bridal gown shopping thinking I would find "the dress" at the first stop (biggest mistake ever) so needless to say, I was very discouraged and ready for the day to be over by the time I was... Read More at my final appointment. Effie's turned my attitude around the moment I walked through the door. They create a very relaxed environment and I loved how involved my guests were. The staff was great and really listened to what I wanted/didn't want. I would highly recommended stopping at Effie's. They created a memory that will last a life time :)

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Joshua P

I went to one other bridal salon in the Cities, and this was the best by FAR. I LOVED being able to personally see the dresses and choose what I wanted to try on, not necessarily just what the consultant thought I would like. My consultant worked to understand what I saw in my... Read More head, and worked so hard with me to make that vision come true! I have been recommending them left and right!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Hannah S

I had a great experience getting my dress at Effie’s! The shop is very nice and they have a great selection. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. This was my first stop when dress shopping, so the consultant took the time to show us how the store was organized and... Read More explain different designers’ styles so that it was easier to narrow down which designers I would be interested in. She also made sure to show us how designers were often grouped together by price range, so it was easy to avoid falling in love with a dress that was over my budget. I ended up buying my dress at Effie’s after going to other stores and not enjoying the experience as much. I could not be happier with my dress! It was so beautiful, and now that my wedding is over I find myself wishing I could wear it again!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Mallory S

After going to a couple salons in the city, I found Effie's the service here was wonderful!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Cassie C

Found a beautiful dress but the customer service was not ideal. The woman helping me kept disappearing and did not know how to answer my questions. TWCIE she stated "I have no idea what I'm doing.." Not comforting as a bride. They also promised to update me as my dress arrived... Read More late and I received no calls, I had to call myself multiple times. They really need to work on their staffing and communication. Overall dress selection and store is very beautiful.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Sarah B

After trying on too many wedding dresses to count, I found my fit at Effie's. The staff was so helpful, showing me options that brought the vision for my bridal look to life. Lots of shopping ended in true celebration with a bottle of champagne and kind congratulations. I'd... Read More recommend saying "yes" to a dress from Effie's Bridal Trunk.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Andrea B

Effie's Bridal Trunk was such a great experience for me! I purchased my wedding dress, majority of my bridesmaid dresses, veil, headpiece and earrings from the store and couldn't have been happier with my overall look the day of! The staff, especially Elizabeth and Jordan, were... Read More incredibly helpful the night of in helping me find the perfect dress but also in sharing with me all the options I had for accessories when I picked up my dress! The store is so cute and made it really the ideal situation to "say yes to the dress" (if I must)! I couldn't recommend this place more, especially on the quieter Thursdays or Sundays, it really made it seem like it was my day to enjoy! Thanks Effie's!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Jena P

I highly recommend Effie's! I went to two other bridal shops the same day they didn't even compare! They have a huge variety of dress selections and prices. Elizabeth was the consultant that helped me and she helped pick great dresses for me and got me fitting into the samples... Read More well. I had a big entourage of 9 and they were very accommodating to my group. Elizabeth ensured that I actually liked the stuff that my entourage kept having me try on which was thoughtful of her lol. They even stayed open late so we could enjoy champagne after I chose my dress!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Jordan L

Effie's is the best bridal salon in the Twin Cities. I went to several stores in search of my dream bridal gown and bridesmaids dresses. I found my gown and all my bridesmaids dresses at Effie's. My gown came in and fit perfectly, it also came within the six month time frame I... Read More was given. I would recommend Effie's to any bride in the search for their dream gown. Staff is friendly, professional, helpful and experienced! It was so nice doing everything at one store! Brides, Save yourself the time and make make Effie's Bridal your one stop bridal boutique! 5+ Stars for Effie's, thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Amanda S

Last summer I found my dream dress at Effie’s. Unfortunately everything that happened after that was a nightmare. I was told my dress would take up to six moths to come in, in fact I specifically asked the girl who was helping me if she has ever had a dress take longer than six... Read More months and she said no, never. I waited six months and didn’t hear from them so I called them. They also never called me when my veil came in even though I had specifically asked them to, but little did I know my veil was the least of my problems. I took three phone calls to get any information before I was finally told my dress had been delayed and would be here a month before my wedding. It’s a good thing I ordered earlier than they recommended. I was given a ship date and was told it would for sure be there that day and I could come pick it up, but if for some reason it didn’t come in that day they would call me. I showed up to pick up my dress and they still didn’t have it and the girl working that day had no idea I was even coming. The finally got my dress the next week and when I tried it on for the first time it was so tight in the hips it almost didn’t zip. I was in tears as the manager took my measurements again. My bust and waist measurements were the exact same as the day I ordered the dress however my hip measurement was five inches bigger than what the girl had written down. They told me I must have gained weight which is not only rude but a complete lie. Gaining five inches only in your hips is physically impossible. Clearly a mistake was made and they chose to blame me instead of taking responsibility for their employee’s mistake. They had every opportunity to make it right and instead they gave me a 5% discount and told me to take it or leave it. I asked to speak to the owner who refused to take my phone call or call me back. I had to deal with the manager who is unprofessional, rude, inexperienced, argumentative and really just terrible at her job. They refused to acknowledge or even apologize for any of the many mistakes they made and I was left less than a month before my wedding with a dress that I couldn’t even sit down in. This is a terrible shop run by awful people who don’t care about their customers once they have your money. They have no business selling $3000 wedding gowns to trusting brides. I would recommend avoiding Effie’s at all costs, it’s not worth the risk of ordering from a shop like this.

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Melissa M

Although I ended up purchasing my dress elsewhere (designer that Effie's didn't carry), Effie's was AWESOME! Not only did they let me visit twice to try on just about every dress in my price range, the consultants both times were patient and helpful. I didn't feel pressured to... Read More purchase or make a snap decision, which was really appreciated. One big plus side of Effie's is that while it's organized by designer, it's ALSO organized mainly by price range, so if you have a firm budget, the consultants can tell you which of the "rooms" you can afford. Makes it much easier because it keeps the unattainable dresses out of reach!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Jessica H

Effie's is the best!! I had appointments booked at other bridal stores and ended up canceling because I found the perfect dress at Effie's Bridal Trunk. They had so many styles and prices to choose from! The staff is very knowledgable on designs, sizes, and everything in... Read More between. I left feeling confident about my dress choice and never looked back. Would recommend to any bride!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Erica S

Best experience ever. I went to Effie's twice, the first to try on dresses and determine if the style I had in mind would work in person. I then went back a couple months later (after visiting other bridal shops) knowing this is where I wanted to buy my dress. Not only did they... Read More have a huge selection of all style dresses but the associates do not work on commission so I never felt pressured to buy a dress. I worked with Bobbie both times and she made the experience SO MUCH FUN. She encouraged me to step out of my box a little and I walked away with a dress that I absolutely love. -They even give you a champagne toast after you say yes! Effie's gave me the wedding dress experience I had always imagined!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017

Worst experience ever, filthy as you walked in. Staff was unprofessional, would have had better service if we went to a fabric store and just started piecing strips of fabric together. Some of the party drove over 5 hours and the bride was in tears before second dress,... Read More associate did not help and kept disappearing. Nothing organized, like a big TJMAXX only with rude obnoxious staff.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Stephanie P

LOVED my experience at Effie's! They were so warm and welcoming and made searching for a dress easy. You actually get to pull the dresses that you want to try on, not just let someone pull them for you. Great place!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kristin H

I got my dress from Effie's last November for my wedding last month. Effie's offered phenomenal customer service. I felt like it actually was about helping me find a dress, rather than just making a sale. They had a good range of options for the size of the store, and I found a... Read More charming tea length dress. I got SO MANY compliments on my dress, and felt just gorgeous. Effie's also provided a list of seamstresses and even had a recommendation for one who had experience doing the kind of modifications I needed.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Bridget R

Couldn't be happier with my wedding dress. Fit like a glove. Great help picking out the dress and no issues with the dress once it came in. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Jewel M

I usually don’t write negative reviews but I feel obligated to do so regarding my experience at Effie’s Bridal Trunk. I went here in July 2016 to look for my wedding gown. We had a pleasant associate help us. She was nice but she was also incompetent. I told her I wanted a... Read More simple gown and she continued to pull ball gowns. It was clear that she thought ball gowns were “bridal” and a simple gown was not. She also did not have a good grasp on the inventory or how to change brides out of gowns. Multiple times she could not unclasp and undue the dress I was in. I had a panic attack because she tried to get the gown off my head and I was trapped in the dress. She took up three changing rooms because she wouldn’t hang the gowns up again. She had only been working there for a couple of weeks and it showed. Perhaps management should train staff properly or hire individuals with previous bridal experience. To add insult to injury, she suggested I go to a plus size store to find my gown -- I hoover between a size 6/8. She never should have said that. Ironically, I purchased a sample size at a different store. Additionally, the store does not provide a variety of dress styles. I do not recommend Eddie’s Bridal Trunk.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Karen B

I want to give a special thank you to the staff at Effie’s Bridal Trunk for providing such a great wedding dress shopping experience for me and my family! After a discouraging morning of shopping around for my dress, our last stop was Effie’s Bridal Trunk and the whole... Read More experience there turned my day around! They had such a wide variety of dresses and styles to select and I eventually was able to find the dress of my dreams with the help of family and the amazing staff at Effie’s! My dress made me feel beautiful and confident on my wedding day – I could not have asked for anything better!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Sam M

Awesome place to buy a dress! They go out of there way to help you find the dress of your dreams!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Aly P

I recently shopped for wedding gown at Effie's - and even though I ultimately bought my dress elsewhere I would definitely recommend this place to any bride to be! Our attendant Maria was very easy to work with, and allowed us to pick out dresses we liked while still making... Read More recommendations and sharing ideas from her own expertise. She stayed within my budget for all gowns, and was very attentive to my likes/dislikes and preferences. The building was beautiful on the inside, exactly how you would picture a bridal shop! It was a great experience overall, I ultimately found my wedding gown elsewhere - but I may be back to find bridesmaids gowns soon!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Amanda E

My experience finding a gown was not the reason this is rated low. My experience finding one was as expected: an attentive assistant realizing your style and finding the perfect dress. It was even beyond perfect with their pink room and mirrors galore. This is as expected by any... Read More bride, hoping to have a beyond normal experience finding "the dress"! Now for the bad part, once decided, their assistant recommends sizing based on your measurements. Should be fine, right? These are professionals recommending sizing every day on what gown would fit best among sizes. I got a recommended size and went with it. When it was ready, I came in and it didn't even fit- they sized me too small. Now, having the initial lovely experience, this was a nightmare. I stayed the same shape and size and yet here my dress wasn't even able to zip up! I broke down in tears with the ladies from the shop telling me,"if you want the next size up, you'll have to buy a new one," and, "we'd be out of business if we returned every dress that didn't fit". This added on to the living nightmare. Not only did I pay for an expensive dress that didn't fit, they wouldn't even consider letting me return it! They stated it was my fault the dress didn't fit, "oops too bad". Research before you sign anything, make sure you go with your gut and not these "professionals". Wedding dress sizes run small, and I learned the hard way. I will not be recommending this shop.

2016-07-25T18:14:30 Response from the vendor

Amanda, We are writing in response to your review. The size of dress ordered was based on your measurements followed by designer’s size chart. While we shared our recommendations of the size to order, you were the Final Decision Maker in the size that was... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Brittany H

I had an AMAZING experience at Effie's! They have the largest selection of designers and styles, and the atmosphere is relaxed sophistication, just like they say. They provide you with comfy, cozy slippers to wear while you walk around the store, have little lounge areas so you... Read More can model the dresses to those you brought along, and pop champagne for everyone when you say yes to the dress! Sara was so nice and helpful, never pushy. With a short engagement, I needed a dress shipped ASAP. She made sure to get me the one dress the designer had in stock nationwide in my size. She picked out the perfect veil to match my dress too! I'm so glad I said yes to the dress at Effie's!

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Julia K

I couldn't have imagined a better experience than the one I had today at Effies. They had a wide selection of different designers and styles, the runway for trying on was phenomenal and their customer service was outstanding. I went in, on a whim, because I had the day off. They... Read More got me in right away and Jordan began helping me find what I was looking for. She was a GEM; so sweet and helpful and genuine. She really helped guide me toward what was best for me and she was so patient. I went to another shop, even after finding "my dress" just to compare. They were nowhere near as welcoming and helpful and I knew I wanted to buy from Effies, regardless, because I wanted to support such a great place. Couldn't recommend this enough!!

Reviewed on 2/19/2016 Kate D

I had gone to six bridal stores in five days and kept returning to Effie's Bridal Trunk because not only did I have my eye on one of their dresses but because their customer service is outstanding. The owner, Paula, and dressing assistant, Sara, are everything you could ask for... Read More when making this big decision. They are the perfect mix of helpful without hovering and excitement without being fake and in your face. I never once felt pressured by them the way other shops made me feel. I truly felt as if they were trying to help me make the best decision for me and not for how their business would benefit. In the end they helped my modify my dress so it was exactly what I had envisioned. I simply cannot say enough good things about this store and their personnel. As an added bonus, the store is bright, beautiful and clearly very well taken care of. A must stop shop!