Electra Cruises

Newport Beach, CA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Based in Newport Beach, California, Electra Cruises operates special event cruises with views of the Newport Harbor and out across the Pacific Ocean. With a fleet of five boats to choose from, the company caters to a range of tastes and guest counts.

Eternity. Spacious, elegant and versatile, this is the fleet's only yacht with four decks. The exterior is sleek and contemporary, characterized by its large windows and clean white finish. Inside, luxurious touches, such as polished rails and window frames, give the vessel its distinction as a wedding venue. The Eternity measures 140 feet in length and a roomy 33 feet in width, providing a total capacity of 300 people.

Newport Princess. This unique, three-deck venue has the traditional appearance of an old-fashioned steamboat, complete with ornate white rails guarding outside strolling areas, a sweeping staircase to the stern and twin chimneys on the top deck. The same attention to detail exists inside the boat with its polished wood saloon bar, chandelier lighting and grand piano. The Newport Princess accommodates up to 150 guests.

Destiny. With its angular design, floor-to-ceiling windows and spiral staircases enclosed in glass, the Destiny has a modern and luxurious feel. Standout features include a shattered glass bar, all-glass ceremony room and a spacious dance floor. At 125 feet in length and comprising three decks, this yacht holds up to 150 guests.

Athena. A more compact option with two decks, the Athena features the same twin spiral staircases within glass enclosures as the Destiny. It also has a ceremony space with floor-to-ceiling windows and an opulent half-octagonal bar with classical columns and marble surfaces. The boat holds up to 150 guests.

Electra. Built in 1929, the flagship of the fleet, the Electra, retains all the rich elegance of that design era. Features include a stained glass skylight, brass portholes, mahogany beams, antique fittings and period furnishings. Right down to the polished tea and coffee urns and the authentic wheelhouse, events aboard the Electra are like a trip back in time. Across three decks, the yacht accommodates up to 100 guests.

An all-inclusive wedding package for a flat rate per person includes catering, including a choice of wedding cake and full bar service, along with flowers, entertainment, professional photography and other costs associated with crew, insurance, fuel, docking and the like. The captain of the ship ministers the ceremonies and the venue includes wedding coordination.

Smoking is permitted on the outside decks. The venue does not permit other items posing a potential fire risk, including sparklers, candles and floating lanterns on the boats.

Couples must pay a nonrefundable deposit to secure the date with the remaining balance due two weeks before the event. Tax charges are separate.

In addition to the unique charm of hosting at sea, Electra Cruises offers a number of additional benefits. These include:

• Wheelchair accessibility, including elevator access, aboard the Eternity
  • Private dressing areas for the bride and groom
  • Audiovisual equipment
  • Dance floor

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Cruise, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Bow2007

3439 Via Oporto, Newport Beach, CA (800) 952-9955

Electra Cruises

Reviewed on 4/30/2014 Kathy K

We had 43 days from engagement to wedding and Electra Cruises made planning a wedding that quickly easy! It was basically one stop shopping. Once we booked with them we attended a vendor fair where we sampled the food available for dinner on the cruise then got to meet all of... Read More the people they vendor with. You are free to go with your own people but they had quality people they vendored with so we were quite happy with the ease of booking all of our people (photo, video, flowers, cake, and DJ) in one night. We got married about the Yacht Eternity and were very pleased that in March they offer 30% off of their cruses. We were also stoked that for Sunday weddings there is no minimum number of guests for the various yachts so we were able to book the biggest yacht with only 115 guests. Our coordinator, Donna was helpful and went above and beyond to help us out and our onboard coordinator Kim had everything under control as well. Our guests loved our wedding and we got many compliments on how nice it was and how yummy the food was. My only suggestion would be to try to book a 5 hour cruise if you are doing your wedding and reception during the cruise. 4 hours was cutting it close, and everyone commented they wished there had been more than an hour of dancing. Awesome job Electra Cruises!

Beautiful and unique reception!

Reviewed on 2/17/2014 Laura C

Since the first time I saw the yachts in a bridal magazine I knew that's where I wanted my reception to be at, and when my fiance saw it too there was no doubt we wanted the same thing, a truly beautiful and unique experience! We had our reception at the Eternity Yacht, and... Read More let me tell you everybody LOVED it!! We had the best wedding planner ( Donna Lacey is very patient, knowledgeable, friendly and the loveliest person I have ever met) The best food ( ceasar salad, new wave chicken, scalloped potatoes and grilled vegetables, everybody went back for seconds!!) The best DJ (Raul did everything perfect, he played everything we gave him and made everybody danced!) The best photographer ( Jerry and his crew are very talented and professional!) The best cake (cinderella cakes made the most beautiful and delicious cake ever!) Overall, our reception was everything I expected and more.. they have the best crew ever!

Christmas Time

Reviewed on 1/14/2014 Ryan C

Awesome time! Great food, the boat looked awesome, the lights in the harbor were spectacular, and everyone left wanting it to go on longer!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Liezelle Erica E

PERFECT!!! A yacht wedding was a perfect setting for our wedding. It was very intimate and cozy. It's all I wanted for our wedding. We got married on DESTINY. My husband and I are very happy about our decision to have our wedding on a yacht. We had the whole place to ourselves... Read More and didn't have to worry about anything. The moment I met Susan P. I fell in love with her. She answers emails right away and if she doesn't, she gets back to you the next day. She is very nice and easy to talk to. She even helped/adviced us about our food and drink menu. We also had Karen work with us and she is fabulous! She made sure we were taken care of during the wedding day! I love them both and will forever be thankful for ELECTRA CRUISES for making my dream wedding come true!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Shilo C

Our wedding was amazing!! Susan and Brittany were so awesome and made everything run smoothly. We couldn't be happier 😊

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Shea A

Our wedding was a dream come tru. Everything went so smooth and I had no worries as the bride it was so stress free. Having Brittany as a cordinator was wonderful she was so friendly and happy. Thanks to Electra cruises our wedding was everything and more.

Overall experience

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Shay S

I'm giving the venue a 3 for my overall experience with electra cruises. When we first viewed all the yachts electra cruises had to offer, we were pretty satisfied. We chose the destiny yacht to get married and began our wedding process. Allison was whom we did all of the... Read More planning with up to the week before; and then they gave us ali to coordinate the wedding. I'm not sure why they would change the person the week before your special day. Especially when we discussed all our ideas and dreams with allison the year leading up to the wedding. When we began the planning process it was fun for us. We even got to board the eternity yacht to have a tasting and meet the vendors electra coordinates with. The vendors we chose were amazing!! We chose cinderella cakes for cake pops and cake, roy mendoza for our dj, and La Vonne's florist for our floral design. We couldn't have been more satisfied with our vendors!! The biggest downfall with electra cruises is their resolution techniques. We liked allison, however every time we had an issue, for example: going over our menu or making any minor adjustments, it seemed like a hassle for them. We also had a few questions that were not answered properly. One being the on-going construction they have. Allison assured us the construction would be finished by our wedding day, but it was not. When we asked the person working at the ticket booth she gave us an honest answer; so at least it wasn't as BIG of a suprise on our wedding day. Also i have yet to hear from the operations manager concerning the issues we encountered on the day of our wedding, which was on 10-17-15. Electra cruises is NOT skillfully prepared for weather on the destiny yacht. It was very hot on the yacht!! We had a lot of guests get sick from the heat. I've heard people complain that the heat was bad on the yachts in previous yelp reviews, but our ac broke. Electra should be more prepared for these kinds of situations. I would have been satisfied with a few fans around the boat and more open windows. They only provided a fan when we were eating at the bow of the boat. None of our guests had fans at their tables. We also paid for a champagne toast that roughly cost $500 and we did not receive one. The coordination for our cake cutting was also messed up and i found out that a few of our guests never even received a slice of cake. This saddens me. Be careful when choosing electra for your wedding. Although i chose to enjoy my day regardless of the issues we encountered.... there were quite a few problems. Our wedding party was announced incorrectly, i had to lug vases we paid for across the dock full of water in my wedding dress because of mis-communication, and it took a lot of effort from the groom and myself to get our things on and off the boat as well as back to the car. I hate to complain but these were truly difficult issues to encounter on a wedding day of all days. It did not feel like electra cruises was there for us overall. The vendors are the only reason this venue has a higher star rating.

Reviewed on 9/02/2015

Where do I start? From the beginning Lorraine and the team at Electra made this process so smooth and effortless. Lorraine was always available for any questions, had wonderful suggestions and cautionary advice while making us feel that she cared, and she did. On the day of the... Read More event everything was so well organized, which made it easy for us to fully enjoy and take in the most important day of our lives. I truly have no regrets and would do it all over again with Electra. A big thank you!!!

Unforgettable

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Emily E

We worked with Susan Pereda and from the beginning she explained every detail and is very informed of the company. Our wedding night was beautiful and everything we dreamed and more. They have all the vendors and they are amazing. They sit down with you and ask you what you are... Read More looking for and they make sure you get what you want. There is a food tasting meet and greet with their vendors and it's absolutely free. It's a great way to meet the vendors and have all your questions asked. We loved every one of our vendors and had no complaints. We can't wait to book another function with them in the future. Our vendors were DJ Von, our minister was Bradley Phillip, Lyn from My Fair Lady Floral, Sharon Pulcino was our photographer, we got our cake from Cinderella Cakes and our Day of Wedding Coordinator was Gina who was amazing and did everything with ease and was so pleasant. I would reccomend them to everyone!! Sincerely, Emily Lehnberg

Reviewed on 7/10/2015

The wedding planner was less than helpful. I had numerous questions that went un answered. She never called back or answered emails in a timely manner. She was vague in our financial dealing and just beat around the bush when i had questions. They day of wedding planner was... Read More awesome as was the crew on the boat. If you choose to use them you will be 75% happy with everything leading up to the wedding day and 95% happy with the special day. I hope you have better luck with the office people than i did.

Reviewed on 5/13/2015

Electra is the best place to have your wedding. They have natural beauty, great food and a wonderful staff. Our coordibator, Lorraine, was sweet, accomadating, and hard working! She was the fairy godmother every couple deserves to have when planning a wedding. The pricing was... Read More great, and I really appreciated having all my vendors provided for us to choose. Last but not least, Captain Torre gave us a ceremony that didn't leave a dry eye in the house.

My wedding was perfect thanks to Electra Cruises!

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Sarah D

I am so thankful that we chose Electra Cruises as our wedding venue. My husband and I could not have been happier with how our wedding turned out. It was completely flawless - how many couples can say that?! Throughout the whole planning process, Lorraine was incredibly helpful.... Read More She was an amazing communicator, answering my emails nearly as quickly as I sent them. For a bride planning her own wedding, this is PRICELESS. She never balked at how many emails I sent her and was always there with a helpful response. She is so sweet, too, and you can tell that she is there to make sure everything goes well with your big day. Kim was our "day of" coordinator and there is no way our wedding would be as perfect as it was without her. She was AMAZING. She helped us schedule a rehearsal when I was sure we weren't going to be able to and completely calmed my worries about how all the timing was going to work. She was endlessly flexible when we needed to change some things around. She put all our decor out perfectly and helped make the boat look exactly how we had envisioned it would look. She was a much needed calming presence before everything was about to start, always reassuring me everything would go according to plan ... and it did! She made sure my Husband and I were where we needed to be at every moment, but never, ever rushed us. I cannot say enough amazing things about Kim. If you're looking for a ridiculously unique experience for your guests and a memorable setting for your wedding, you gotta check out Electra Cruises.

Inclusive Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Melissa R

When I was looking for a venue I wanted to find one that was low maintenance because I was also finishing college, working part time, and have my four year old little boy to look after. My agent was Lorraine and she was fantastic! She was always super fast in emailing me back... Read More about any questions or choices I had. Electra Cruises lets you meet a majority of their vendors at once by having them all on one boat. I loved that because in one night I got to compare all the different vendors. Saving me time is a definite plus for me. There is a base of what you get from each vendor included in the price, but you can always add extras as well. We had an intimate wedding of about 75 on the Newport Princess and it was beautiful. Starr was our on boat wedding coordinator and she was great. She kept everything moving and made sure my husband and I had everything we needed. I would definitely recommend, especially to couples who are looking for an all in one venue.

A Beautiful Day

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Susan W

After searching far and wide for just the right wedding venue, we finally found Electra Cruises. I’m not going to lie, we were definitely drawn in by the one stop shop aspect of going with them. If you want to micromanage every detail of your wedding, this is not going to be... Read More the place for you. If you want a mostly no fuss wedding, however, please sign up! By going with an officiant, photographer, photo booth, DJ, and baker that is contracted with Electra (plus having the Electra coordinator handle it all), we were free to focus on several DIY projects to really personalize our wedding. Our original coordinator left the company mere weeks before the wedding, but our new coordinator, Susan, and day of coordinator, Karen, both made sure the day went off without a hitch. I would also definitely recommend the gondola ride option. It was nice to have some quiet alone time with my new hubby after all the craziness of the day.

So yummy

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Lori N

The food was soo yummy. The tasting was easy, and omg the food was sooo good.

Amazing wedding

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 veronica g

Best venue I could have ever asked for. I had the easiest wedding planning experience ever, Donna my wedding planner made everything so simple and easy. Had about 130 guests aboard the yacht Eternity and it was perfect.

Low hassle wedding

Reviewed on 4/11/2014 Euna R

We really wanted a low hassle, easy wedding and this was the perfect way to go. Star was our day of coordinator and was wonderful.

Love love love Electra

Reviewed on 3/04/2014 Leslie N

Electra Cruises was great to work with! They are professionals & the event was smooth. The coordinator was there to move us from one moment to the next. It was crazy how fast the evening flew by! The yacht was beautiful, the food was great, staff was friendly. Truly a wonderful... Read More venue! We had 135 guests and felt this was a great value for everything provided.

Donna was great!

Reviewed on 2/18/2014 Rachel M

They took care of everything! I just had to tell them what I liked and they made sure I didn't have anything to worry about when it came to the day of! Would recommend them to everyone!

Great location

Reviewed on 2/06/2014 Rose B

With the exception of a few things, this is a great location, and they gave me as much or as little attention as I wanted over the months leading up to the wedding. Kim, our day of coordinator should be knighted simply because during the photos after the ceremony I commented... Read More that I was either hungry or still nervous and she commandeered a platter of appetizers and my entire bridal party and I polished it off in about a minute since we didn't have much of a chance for lunch. Having said that, I know that when I read reviews, I want to see where the negatives are to look out for them. 1)I was told by multiple people that during the appetizer time they couldn't get drinks on the lower lever, they had to go up to where the staff was resetting the cermony/dining area. And that the appetizers were slow and there weren't enough. 2)They didn't tell us that the 2 weeks before payment had to be a cashier's check 3)And, to be nit-picky, they didn't do my life ring quite right. They reversed the side pictures. Otherwise, this was a wonderful experience and I'm glad I had them to help me through the wedding process. Oh, and I super cheaped out at $5,500 for 50 people, so it can be done!

Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 12/30/2013 McKenna R

I don't even know where to start. Saturday was the most amazing day that I have ever had in my entire life! Honestly, you and Electra Cruises were the most wonderful venue and group of people to work with. Maribel, my day of coordinator, was soooo calm which is exactly what... Read More I needed. Getting to the boat was a little chaotic at first and she just took me aside and answered all my questions, took notes and the rest of the night was in her hands. Allison, my Sales Coordinator was a pleasure to work with throughout the year. She answered all my emails immediately and all of my questions a million times. I thank her for re-sending me the papers, charts, and pictures and giving us so much amazing advice. I thank her so much for allowing me to just trust that my wedding would be perfect with you planning it. It was absolutely amazing and I really would not change a single thing. All the staff, bartenders, servers, clean-up crew, and everyone behind the Electra Cruises team were amazing! No bride that has had their wedding yet could ever understand and appreciate all of the little touches that Electra adds to your day. Coming home with hand washed toasting glasses, leaving the boat to find all of our presents, formal wear, and wedding décor was already loaded in our car, and the smiles on everyone's faces throughout the night was the most amazing experience. I truly felt like a princess the entire night and I would do it a million times all over again.

Affordable & classic

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Cristal P

We absolutely loved Electra Cruises! Our families enjoyed every single min on the boat and keep talking about how amazing the food was.

Love Love LOVE them!!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Kelsey M

If you are looking for a classy wedding look no further! They made my day everything I dreamed of and more!! The Newport Princess was the perfect vessel, and the pictures are amazing! My wedding planner Donna was fantastic, I can't thank her enough!! Thank you Electra... Read More Cruises!

Wedding venue

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Monica M

Loved the venue. Unique location for a wedding with beautiful views of Newport. Got many complements from guests.

Easy breezy beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Kelly E

We were married aboard the Newport Princess 7/2013, and Electra Cruises provided a beautiful, fun, and relaxing day for us. The event was well planned and well executed. Our wedding planner was Alison and our day of coordinator was Mirabel - lovely ladies who sure know what... Read More they're doing!