Elmwood Gardens

Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

680 Anderson Co. Rd 446, Palestine, TX (903) 549-2716

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Shelby J

I can not say enough about how wonderful Elmwood Gardens is! I love every single part of this venue; the wedding walk, outdoor dance floor, cottages, gorgeous wood indoor venue, luscious gardens, flowers everywhere, cats lounging on the porches; EVERYTHING is beautiful!! I am... Read More from the Dallas area and came all the way to Palestine to have my wedding here because it is so beautiful. I love that they have an all inclusive package option with catering, cake, flowers, DJ. You can't go wrong with any of the vendors that they use (Fatt Apple catering, La Tee Da Flowers, Designs by D'Anne cakes) except the DJ in my opinion (the only vendor I would change about my wedding, I'm sure they are great for some people, we just didn't have a good experience). DeeDee and James (the owners) are just incredibly sweet and do everything in their power to make your day perfect. DeeDee met with me multiple times and was always available for questions through out the planning process. Unfortunately, the night before our wedding a horrible storm came through (the worst they had ever seen at the venue; during the rainiest May we have seen in years) and everything was flooded (we couldn't even make it to the rehearsal due to trees blocking the roads), but James and DeeDee were up at the crack of dawn blowing the walkway and outdoor reception area that I was dying for with a leaf blower to dry everything out. It was still slightly raining on and off the morning of and DeeDee worked with me up until the last second to decide if we could have the ceremony outdoors and we went for it; she never shut it down no matter how much it looked like it wasn't possible. The walkway was absolutely gorgeous with florals by La Tee Da and everyone said it was magical, they could not get over the amazing venue! DeeDee and her team were there all night to make sure every thing went according to plan. I could go on and on but all I can say is thank you Elmwood Gardens for hosting my perfect rainy day!

Reviewed on 5/10/2015 Lindsey J

I had my wedding at Elmwood Gardens on 11/22/2014. When originally looking for a venue, I always had the feeling I would have rain on my wedding day, so I wanted to make sure wherever I booked had an inside option that was just as beautiful as the outside option as well. I fell... Read More in love with the gardens, of course, and the inside, chapel option was gorgeous. We booked the wedding the weekend before Thanksgiving, when there happened to be a last minute cancellation, and got a special rate for it being in November. I planned my wedding in 7 months, and had no clue what I was getting myself into. However, DeeDee, the owner, had my back every step of the way. She always called back within 24 hours, and was so extremely helpful in making sure all the bases were covered. She was so sweet and really made me feel taken care of. The day of our wedding it stormed all day, so I was so glad we had booked with Elmwood Gardens. Our wedding photos turned out beautiful, even if we didn't get to take advantage of the gardens, and months later people are still talking about how beautiful the wedding was. I couldn't have been happier with our wedding and I would recommend this location to anyone and everyone planning a wedding.

Perfect day!

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Katy S

My wedding at Elmwood Gardens was everything I imagined. Guests from far distances continue to rave on how beautiful the ceremony was. Dee Dee and her husband were very kind and worked hard to make my day magical.

An Unforgettable Wedding Experience!

Reviewed on 1/02/2015 Amy T

We chose Elmwood Gardens for our wedding in early November 2014. Having visited other venues, we knew right away this was the perfect spot. The combination of its rustic scenery, beautiful gardens, and charming elegance were a perfect fit for how we wanted our wedding to look... Read More & feel. DeeDee - a master gardener - keeps the grounds in bloom year round. Laura Ann was a great resource throughout the planning process and ran the wedding day beyond expectation. Elmwood has many preferred caterers and the wedding package made the wedding planning so easy. Our food was handled by Fat Apple, cakes by Adalante Catering, and flower by La Tee Da...all of which came highly recommended and did not disappoint! We chose to hire our own band and everyone was more than helpful with the accommodations. Two months later, our family and friends still rave to us about how great our wedding venue was. All in all, Elmwood Gardens provided the perfect wedding experience and we could not be happier!!!

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Lindsey W

This place is such a beautiful setting for a wedding. Laura Ann was awesome at making sure everything got taken care of and done! We even left some of our stuff behind after the wedding and Jim was nice enough to mail it to one of the groomsmen and kept ours safely in a storage... Read More room for us to pick up. Fantastic people, beautiful scenery. There is no better for a wedding venue

Wedding Venue Review

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

PERFECT!!! Is the only word to describe my daughter's wedding held at Elmwood Gardens near Palestine, Texas. The owners, Jim & Dee Dee Turnage have created an incredible place to make any girls dream come true!! Their staff and vendors made decision making easy and where very... Read More hands throughout the whole process. This made the planning and day of the wedding an enjoyable process and time for us all!!

Amazing new venue

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

Terry and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding or two more wonderful people. Dee Dee and James were helpful and informative in regards to the different areas of the venue and which one might suit our needs. We chose the newest venue and got to watch as the... Read More construction took place and the beautiful outcome. The day of the wedding the venue was made available to us with more than enough time to complete all the decorating prior to getting ready for the ceremony. The out lighting of the venue, the reception hall, and outdoor dance floor complimented all the decorations perfectly. We greatly appreciate all the efforts made at Elmwood Gardens to ensure a perfect night. We will definitely reccomend them to our friends and family.

Perfect Venue for our Perfect Day

Reviewed on 9/03/2014

Elmwood gardens was the PERFECT place for our big day!! DeeDee and Laura Ann made sure that everything came together to make our big day everything I ever dreamed of and way MORE!! The Cottages, Ceremony site, Reception Hall, Vendors they suggested all were perfect. It was a... Read More pleasure to work with Elmwood and would suggest them to everyone who is planning a wedding!!!

Magical Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Chelsea M

Our wedding at Elmwood Gardens was everything we dreamed of and more! The staff was so sweet and always willing to help us in any way possible. The facility is absolutely beautiful and just made our fairy tale wedding a reality! The day of the ceremony, the owners were so... Read More accommodating, graciously offering assistance to anyone that needed it. We felt so blessed to have our wedding at Elmwood Gardens!

A Venue fit for our happy ending

Reviewed on 7/14/2014

When me and my husband set out to find a wedding location we never dreamed we would find a place quite like Elmwood Gardens. This by far is the most beautiful place in East Texas to have a wedding. Not only did the staff and coordinators help us from beginning to end with... Read More anything we needed but made us feel so welcomed. And the beauty of the landscaping and the views are amazing, we are glad we chose Elmwood Gardens!

Elmwood Gardens Wedding

Reviewed on 5/07/2014 Leslie R

I cannot think of a better venue to have had our wedding. Everyone involved was completely wonderful, and Laura Ann was amazing! She helped walk me through every scenario, and was incredibly flexible and on top of things as last minute hiccups and mixups occurred. I really... Read More appreciated everything she did both in the planning process and on the day of. The entire experience was like a dream come true, and I highly recommend Elmwood to any brides looking for a venue!! We went with the All-Inclusive package, and every vendor used was equally as amazing. Our flowers were beautiful, the cake and catering were delicious and Sherman from CMB was great as the DJ! Thank you so much to everyone involved!

Elmwood is AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 5/07/2014 Kylie D

Elmwood Gardens was the perfect venue! I don't know how many compliments I have gotten about how gorgeous the wedding was. Laura Ann was our event manager and she helped pull everything together and make it stress free. I had the all inclusive package and the only thing I would... Read More change would be the food. Fatt Apple was the caterer and the food at the wedding was overcooked and disappointing. It tasted nothing like the tasting we had. La Tee Da was the florist and Barbara does an amazing job with the bouquets and draping. You will pay extra for it though! She says she won't nickel and dime you, which is true! She quarter and dollars you! Overall though I was so happy with Elmwood!! It is such a charming, rustic venue!

The Bride

Reviewed on 4/14/2014 Kelsey M

Elmwood Garden's is the most beautiful venue I have ever seen. The cottages are so charming and the antique car, horses, and statues make for stunning photographs. I was instantly sold on the venue by their sweet owner DeeDee. She is amazing, and you can tell she has so much... Read More personal investment in the grounds. I found her to be more helpful than the wedding cordinater on staff. She was a little hard to reach in the year leading up to the event. The cordinater (Laura Ann) did come around in the week leading up to the wedding. I found her SO valuble day of the wedding. The venue is a little pricey and you will find yourself spending a lot more than originally thought. This is how weddings go, I have learned, so I don't really blame them for this. They really did an incredible job finding stellar vendors. I got so many compliments on each element of the wedding. "These are the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen." " This is the best wedding cake I have ever tasted" "Your DJ was really good, he kept everyone dancing." "Your wedding flowed so smoothly." " This food is amazing." I absolutely loved staying in the honeymoon cottage on property at the end of the night. What a dream to have the gardens all to ourselves that evening. Hot tub, claw foot bath tub, and comfy bed awaited us just a short walk from our reception. The fridge was stocked with cold beverages, and Laura Ann had brought us each a plate of dinner in case we didn't get to eat. I would suggest Elmwood Garden's to anyone who wants a dreamy, flower filled wedding they will never forget. Just incredible!

Wedding at Elmwood Gardens

Reviewed on 4/13/2014 Tanaya S

We had a beautiful wedding at Elmwood Gardens. It definitely exceeded my expectations on how everything would come together. Laura Ann was very responsive and flexible throughout the entire process. We got several complements on how beautiful the wedding and venue was. Thanks... Read More Elmwood for making our day fantastic!

Perfect & Stress Free

Reviewed on 4/07/2014 Jodi B

Highly Recommended to anyone looking for a venue. LoraAnn, Lacy, Deedee, and John were right there to help with anything we needed. As the mother of the bride I was amazed at the stress free environment they created. I was able to spend time with my daughter and not worry about... Read More the details. Elmwood Gardens is priced for those on a budget, however they provide the highest quality service.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Amy H

I so enjoyed working with Laurie Ann and everyone at Elmwood. The wedding day went very smoothly from the vendor standpoint. The facilities looked beautiful and the owners were so nice and accommodating. The day of, Laurie Ann took care of business and I had no worries about... Read More the vendors getting set up at all. Clean up also went quickly and all of the associated vendors were top notch. It definitely made for a wonderful day!

chelsey & aaron

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 lanell e

Beautiful venue. Lush green gardens. Laura Ann ran everything so smoothly. Couldn't' have imagined a more perfect wedding.

Elmwood Gardens is the Real Deal!

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 pam s

My daughter was looking for a rustic location for her September wedding and we found Elmwood Gardens. It has a very natural beauty, nothing there was "faux" as a lot of places were. DeeDee and Laura Ann were loads of help to us even though we brought in our own caterer,... Read More liquor, consultant and florist (they do offer complete packages). Everything we had agreed to was furnished and it was just a most enjoyable experience - check out their Facebook page for some of their brides. It was a perfect day for our daughter.

From Mumbai to Chicago and New York to San Francisco, Our Guests Were Floored by Elmwood!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Stefanie F

Elmwood Gardens was the first wedding venue I ever found and I was immediately in love. But, my husband and I opted instead to plan a destination wedding thinking that it would reduce the stress of our wedding planning. A few months into it, however, we realized that the entire... Read More process was needlessly complicated. The wedding planner we were working with in Mexico was a nightmare and we decided, somewhat last minute, to change our plans. We moved our wedding back to the states and our newly adopted home state of Texas. A glass of wine later, I was showing my then-fiance the beautiful photos of Elmwood on their website. We phoned them, hoping to get a date in April. A prompt response from Elmwood's staff and just one Friday available in April led to us booking the venue that same day, sight unseen. What can I say? I was a very laid back bride and I was not disappointed as Elmwood lived up to all of my expectations. I cannot say enough about Laura Ann, who was an absolute dream to work with. When our roughly 100 guests, most of whom were traveling from, quite literally, all over the world descended on Elmwood she helped ensure that they were well cared for and that my day was positively stress free. My wedding photos are beautiful, my memories are unforgettable, and my guests still rave about the beauty and wonderful spirit of Elmwood. It was the perfect venue and the perfect day. Thanks so much to Elmwood Gardens!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 Sarah

Elmwood is such an amazing and beautiful place to get married. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and they make sure everything runs smoothly and on time. Having all the vendors there was such a help in the planning process and every question I had was answered. The day went... Read More perfectly and will be a day I will always remember.

A Secret Garden

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 Jessie F

We absolutely loved Elmwood Gardens. It is absolutely beautiful and they offer wonderful packages that make everything so easy and enjoyable. DeeDee was amazing. The night of our rehearsal, she was out in the garden planting more flowers for our wedding day. She is so dedicated... Read More to the beauty of this garden and it truly shows. All of our guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been too and I know a huge part of that was due to Elmwood Gardens. Our wedding was like a dream, everything went smoothly, the gardens were gorgeous, and we were able to truly enjoy our beginning. Thank you Elmwood! I would not have changed anything.

We LOVE Elmwood Gardens!

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Charlotte T

What a beautiful and peaceful venue full of charm. The owners and manager of Elmwood Gardens could not have been any more helpful. They are very accommodating and extremely kind and thoughtful. True professionalism. As a mother of the bride, it was so nice to have a wedding... Read More and reception at the same location which alleviated so much stress. The gardens and out buildings are so tranquil and inviting. A perfect venue indeed.

Want to do my wedding again!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Noelle G

My wedding was beyond perfect and gorgeous! Elmwood Gardens and Laura Ann made everything SO simple, and stress free! The planning process was a breeze and Laura Ann was ALWAYS available to answer questions or allow us to drive out to the property and look around. Each time I... Read More visited the gardens I found a new favorite spot and fell more and more in love with it every visit. My personal favorite was my wedding day, the gardens were gorgeous and Laura Ann made sure that everything went smoothly. My husband and I couldn't stop talking about how stress free everything was and how we had surprised ourselves with how much fun we had! I wanted a caterer that had never been to Elmwood before, but Laura Ann made sure everything went smoothly and she totally accommodated for us! Mark Klentzman DJed and as usual totally brought down the house! Best wedding dancing and dance floor ever! I could not reccommend a better place to get married! I am from Houston and my husband is from Dallas, so this was a fantastic middle ground! Loved Elmwood, loved our wedding and loved Laura Ann. I can't convey how totally gorgeous, simple, and wonderful Elmwood gardens is.

AMAZING experience, especially for a far-away bride.

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Kaleigh M

My husband, family, guests, and I couldn't have been more pleased with Elmwood Gardens and their service as a wedding/reception venue. I moved to Oklahoma shortly after getting engaged, and using a venue that coordinated the cake, flowers, music, & catering for me reduced the... Read More amount of stress and the number of trips I had to make to East Texas. They put us in touch with all the right people and provided a gorgeous venue for the Storybook Wedding I wanted. The vendors they suggest are above and beyond the best in the area, and the gardens, reception hall, Stonewood, and cottages were both picturesque and perfect. I truly could not have been more pleased with the way our wedding went and I wouldn't have traded it for the world. Additionally, Laura Ann was a fantastic wedding coordinater and made sure that everything I needed was there when I needed it, in addition to helping with decorations, set-up, the bridal party, and all of our vendors/payments. She was relaxed throughout my entire big day, which helped relieve a lot of my stress. Our guests were blown away with the location and many mentioned that they planned to recommend it to family and friends they knew with upcoming weddings. The photos turned out fantastic and I seriously can't stress how happy we were with the venue. 5/5 for sure.

Amazing place

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Chad S

My wife and I had our wedding at Elmwood 6/22/13. They were very helpful. It was convenient to make one payment for the venue, catering, flowers, cake, dj and planner. Elmwood was by far the most beautiful wedding venue I've ever seen. Couldn't imagine our wedding anywhere... Read More else.