Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort & Spa

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel

Food + Catering, Planning

950 S. Ocean Drive, Deerfield Beach, FL (954) 312-2030

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Rochele H

Embassy Review Planning began for my August 2017 wedding in October 2016. After researching and tours at various venues we decided on this location. The location is perfect for out of towners and 'staycationers', the price is right for a mid range budget. The Embassy is... Read More about a half mile from the main strip in Deerfield Beach. We connected with Claire who was mentioned in many positive reviews. She was able to accommodate our deposit schedule; she was very easy to work with her. Two weeks prior to the wedding I learned that Claire was leaving and Jordana would be taking over. Jordana was able to pull through, some agreements between Claire and I were not in writing but Jordana made sure that the hotel did right by me and my guests. Every request; from liquor preferences to valet, was agreed and delivered as promised. The most stressful and jam packed time for a wedding is the week before; Jordana had a big task. As we approached the date, I learned that a different person would be handling the weekend festivities; my first thought was YIKES. Enter Natalie, a put together, calm and professional woman. Natalie is without a doubt the best person I could have wished for to coordinate my wedding. She was polite, knowledgeable, friendly, guest and detail oriented. Let me not forget the mention the set up she coordinated with our own wedding decor that had been dropped off 3 days prior to the wedding. In addition to setting up my items, she also had everything carefully boxed up after the wedding and moved to an adjacent room to be stored securely, allowing family to not stress over cleaning up. She went so far as to set up the adjacent room with my flowers so we could enjoy them the next morning during a private breakfast with overnight guests. I could go on and on. Every request was met with a smile, she even conducted our rehearsal dinner and checked in with us during brunch the next day. Without our knowledge, and to the happy surprise of family that had been given the task of taking gifts and cards to our room after the reception, Natalie had EVERYTHING delivered to our room and set up with wine and chocolate covered strawberries. TALK ABOUT DETAIL! The staff was gracious, polite, and seemed truly happy to be there; it makes a big impact. All 98 ordered meals were served without delay, hot, and delicious. Even better tasting than our complimentary tasting that was conducted a month prior. The vegetables, wow, normally wedding veggies are awful; this chef knows what he is doing and it shows. Vegetarian, Mahi, Chicken you name it I'm certain they can handle it. The cake company included in the package prepared a beautiful and tasty 3 layer cake. My guests were over the moon with options like Key Lime and Orange. It was moist and delivered on time. I could not have made a better choice in choosing this venue. Renting the public dock through the city was a breeze, coordinating with BeachRides was an added surprise for my guests. I strongly suggest that you take a look at this venue and all it has to offer. I am over the moon at my experience.

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 laura p

The original WC had a family emergency and handed over the duties to Jordana, who dropped the ball on multiple occasions. She couldn’t account for her lack of communication. She apologized for not having her phone when we tried to reach call, then said she wouldn’t be available... Read More by phone all day because she didn't have pockets. We’d have to leave a message for her, which negates having a coordinator for immediate needs. I wasn’t impressed with the rooms. They were a good size but they weren’t cleaned to the expectation you would have for the price you pay. They smelled old and musty. The wait staff was pleasant. They moved with speed (sometimes too much). They seemed flustered, dropping trays of food and silverware, but they never broke a smile. I got up briefly after salad and when I came back I noticed everyone at my table had food except for me. They remedied it quickly, and apologetically. I was glad I overheard my aunt talking about a breakfast they scheduled for the morning. No one told the guests at check in. My aunt then had to take 30 precious minutes away from her daughter’s reception to make a list of people that needed to be contacted about this over site. At the end of the evening they did a sparkler send off. I don’t know who oversaw this (since Jordana took off after dinner), but it wasn’t executed the way it should have been. Safety went to the way side. They lit the sparklers and didn’t have a bucket of sand or water for them to be extinguished. We sat around holding the hot wires, while others tucked them into a nearby wastebasket. Some people started to walk into the hotel carrying the hot wires, and accidentally burned my 10 yr old niece. It seemed that as the day unfolded so did the lack of communication and attention to detail. Thankfully we had a great team of family and friends that covered the tracks and paved new ways for success to pull off a stunning wedding. Tragic that my aunt had to pay so much money for mediocre service.

Awesomr

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Rachael B

Perfect! We even got a complimentary ocean side room and they upgraded bride's parents to ocean view as well!

Wedding

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Samantha F

Wonderful

Great Place-Great People

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Katie W

We chose Embassy Suites in Deerfield partly because of the Catering Director. She's Amazing!!! Any question/request we had she had an answer or was able to accommodate us. Very quick and knowledgeable responses when I would email with questions. Very flexible. The Food... Read More was great. Service was great. The weekend of our wedding, the staff was just awesome. From the valet to the front desk to the servers to the bartender to the housekeeping staff. All were just so nice and helpful. Alicia and the function staff were on point! The 4 servers, the banquet manager, the House man and the bartender were just A+++++++ Our bartender, he knew how to pour the drinks. I just can't say enough great things about this venue and the staff. The little details that they helped with, they kept my day as stress free as possible.

Best wedding venue

Reviewed on 8/02/2013 Lauren F

Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach was the perfect place to have my dream wedding come true right before my eyes! Alicia Watson is amazing and I recommend this location to everyone!

2013-08-09T12:54:57 Response from the vendor

It was so great working with you and we were honored to be a part of your special day! Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness for you both.

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 Brooke G

The venue is beautiful and the hotel is very nice with lots of things to do for guest nearby. The wedding coordinator is a little scatterbrained and requires a bit of follow up. The actual day of the event is run by the banquet manager and he is great! Everything ran very... Read More smoothly!

Best venue!

Reviewed on 2/07/2013 Lauren O

Truly enjoyed this venue for my wedding! Great staff, service and overall atmosphere. A+++ Thank you for being a part of our special day and making it the greatest experience!

Rehearsal Dinner and Hotel Block for Guests

Reviewed on 12/01/2012 Kristina T

Alicia, Claire, and Kristen are AMAZING. They were there to help me with everything and anything and were really truely nice. My rehearsal dinner was really nice and the food was great. The initial location where it was supposed to be held was under construction because it took... Read More longer than they expected. I was a little bit bummed by that, but they upgraded my room and gave open bar to all guests at my rehearsal dinner regardless of whether or not they were staying in the hotel that night. WORKS FOR ME! Great customer service. I was very pleased

Poor Customer Service

Reviewed on 9/22/2012 Tricia F

Sadly, my fiancé and I were completely turned off by this venue due to poor customer service. During our meet and greet, we were left by the coordinator to attend to another guest. The valet left our keys lying on the valet station unattended for over 10 minutes as well. The... Read More ballroom was less than desirable as well. All in all, it was a bad experience.

Beautiful & Affordable

Reviewed on 6/08/2012 Laura K

We had a great wedding day! Things ran smoothly thanks to the excellent wedding coordinator at the hotel and all the guests enjoyed themselves!

Awesome Weekend for my Guests

Reviewed on 12/04/2011 CIndy P

My out of town guests stayed at this awesome beach front resort for the weekend! The guests all loved the full cooked-to-order breakfast every morning and the free cocktails each night! Many of my friends bunked up together since the rooms are so big with 2 bathrooms. The spa... Read More was great for those who wanted to be pampered and the main road by the pier with the restaurants can be walked to. It was the perfect choice for my guests!

Toes In The Sand - Holding His Hand!

Reviewed on 10/23/2011 tina R

It wasnt the first for either of us, but we really wanted a beach ceremony. The Wyndham made it perfect as we were ableto have our ceremony on the beach and the reception and dinner at the resort right across the street. It was a bonus that all of our out of town guests... Read More stayed there too. Talk about a one stop shop!. We had over 100 guests and the Royal Palm Ballroom was perfect. Mary Beth was awesome and helped us every step of the way. Allynthe banqet manager was also exceptional. Food was wonderful and the hotel staff really helped make it a wonderful experience. Mary Beth helped us find a great photographer too! I looked at several locations in South Florida and Jim and I really felt this was the best for what we wanted. It wasnt our first wedding, but it was for sure the last!

Review for Embassy Suites

Reviewed on 11/11/2008 Lisa F

the location is phenomenal and the hotel was recently renevated so it all looks brand new...very beautiful! the food was good although like every other wedding i've ever been to it wasnt the best meal i've ever had. nevertheless the wait staff was extremely attentive and the... Read More bartender was very nice and moved fast(no need for 2 bartenders) i would recommend this venue to couples looking for a beachside wedding.;the parking is steep and the wedding specialist for the hotel made promises and then broke them so get everything in writing!