Emily Weddings, Inc. Detailing your dream wedding.

Based in Coastal Virginia, Emily Weddings has over 40 years of combined experience and education in wedding planning. They have had the distinguished honor of winning many awards over the years for their dedication and level of service as well as having been featured in national forums.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Bow2010

Reviewed on 3/18/2016

The Emily Weddings Team did the best job in coordinating everything for our wedding. We had the full service. They were able to help us tremendously with an out-of-town bride and groom and an in-town MOB. It was so nice to be able to work with a group of ladies/planners that is... Read More so loved by all of the other great Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads planners. They were so easy to work with and had great suggestions to make the day beautiful. I can't thank them enough for all the help they provided us. Carrie even provided her personal babysitters for our reception so that the guests could feel comfortable without their children while they enjoyed the night. I would definitely recommend Emily Weddings for any bride!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Erin O

Amazing, Awesome, Incredible, Marvelous, Stunning, Unbelievable, Wonderful . . . I can't even come up with the write word to explain how priceless Emily Weddings was to our wedding. At one point in my life, I was a meeting and event planner, and we occasionally did weddings. I... Read More really didn't think I needed to spend the money on a wedding planner because I knew I would piece it together myself. We ended up borrowing a piece of property from family friends, so there was no venue coordinator. I decided to use Emily Weddings, but really thought I wasn't going to get my money's worth. BOY WAS I WRONG! Seven ladies showed up that evening and did the most amazing job! Not only did they make sure that my vision was upheld. They made sure that NO ONE had any need or worry in the world. And we are talking about 200 guests and more than a dozen vendors. These ladies were amazing! My cousin told me this weekend that at one point her purse fell over and before she could lean over, three of the ladies were already there putting everything back together. I NEVER felt like I was having to answer any questions or talk to any of the vendors or solve any problems, nor was there ever a hint of it. To be honest with you, they are worth two, three, even four times what we paid for them. EMILY WEDDINGS is amazing. You will not regret using them and you would be foolish if you don't.

Emily Weddings, Inc. is best-in-class!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Crystal H

My mother and I interviewed Emily Weddings among other service providers early in my planning process. Emily Weddings was a standout among the others we talked to and from Day 1, my husband and I felt like we got thoughtful and responsive attention from Emily and her team.... Read More Emily's effective and thoughtful consultation led to her connecting us with fantastic vendors that truly saw our vision and ended up executing our dream day. Throughout the process, Emily and her team sent timely reminders and used detailed organizational tools that accounted for all of the key considerations we needed to think through. After any exchange with Emily or one of her team members (via email, by phone, or in person), I always came away feeling very assured and comforted that I was getting great advice and guidance. On the day of the event, her dream team was a wonderful part of our day. Jeff and I were just able to enjoy our experience because of their planning and coordination. The ladies on this team are truly passionate about what they do and they're very skilled at doing it in a high-caliber way. We felt like we were very important to them and they are truly in our hearts because of their sincerity and how hard they worked to make our day so magical. Emily, Carrie, Brittney, Kaite, and Tierney were amazing and many of our guests remarked on how great their interactions were with the wonderful women in black with pink necklaces! I would recommend Emily Weddings to anyone - if there were 6 stars, I'd choose that rating.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Charlotte R

Emily Weddings was absolutely incredible!! When we first started planning our wedding we had no idea where to start...after our first meeting with Emily Weddings we were finally able to take a deep breath because we knew every detail would be taken care of. The level of detail... Read More they go into for the day of was exactly what I needed! Our wedding day was magical; we were able to enjoy every second without any worries!! I absolutely would recommend Emily Weddings to anyone!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

As the Mother of the Bride, Emily and her team were so helpful in answering all my questions and making sure my daughter’s wedding day went smooth and perfect. Emily and her team were so much fun to work with. I did not have to do anything on the wedding day and I knew... Read More everything was taken care of.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

From the church to the reception Emily Weddings team made sure our special day was flawless. I would recommend Emily Weddings to anyone looking for a professional and attentive wedding planner.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Mia H

Emily Weddings coordinated two of my best friends' wedding and it was absolutely perfect. The day of staff was fun, energetic, and catered not only to the bride and groom, but to the wedding party as well.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Christine B

Emily Weddings truly made our wedding day a fairy tale. Brittney and Kate took the time to really understand my vision and they made it a reality. Not only did they work to plan every single detail of our day, they were also invested in us personally. You'd think that for people... Read More who do weddings all the time they would become desensitized, but that wasn't the case at all. Kate even teared up when I came downstairs in my wedding dress. The team has a great relationship with all of the best local vendors and they know exactly who to send you to for what you're going for. I felt very relaxed throughout the whole planning process and on the wedding day knowing that Emily Weddings had everything under control. Our July wedding at the Cavalier Golf and Yacht Club was more amazing and beautiful than I could have even imagined and it wouldn't have happened without Emily Weddings!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Jackie G

Using the Emily Weddings and Events Teams was the best decision we made about getting married, well after getting my wife to say yes. They made everything so simple and worry-free. Kate and the rest of her team helped us put together our dream wedding. They worked seamlessly... Read More with the few vendors to ensure every peanut and pennant were in place for our baseball wedding before we arrived at the venue. Emily Weddings had my full trust from the beginning, so much so that I recommended them to another bride shortly after hiring them. I recommended them then and would do so again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Rebecca E

I worked for a caterer for several years locally and frequently handled rentals, florals, etc. for clients. Even with my vast knowledge of "how things work," I found the Kate and the Emily Weddings team invaluable and am certain my day would not have been as smooth without... Read More their help. I chose their day-of coordination and could not have been more pleased with the results. Amongst other things, the Emily Weddings team walked us through the rehearsal dinner, helped the caterer "flip" the event space from ceremony to reception, and even helped hold my dress when I went to the bathroom. I think that covers A to Z! I highly recommend Emily Weddings. You get what you pay for, and they were worth every dime.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Susan B

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Jackie G

I worked with Kate specifically and she was amazing. She stayed at least one step ahead of us with the planning and as our big day grew closer she made everything incredibly easy and made it so that we had absolutely nothing to worry about, she just took care of everything. Our... Read More wedding day was incredible and perfect. The Emily weddings team was so good that many members of my family didn't even know that they were there, just that our day was perfect.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Jessica M

The whole group at Emily Weddings is amazing. They helped me plan my wedding all the way from Ohio. They never gave me a recommendation that was bad (everyone they put me into contact with was amazing and made my day wonderful). They made sure I stayed on track and got... Read More everything taken care of and nothing was forgotten. The day of the girls made sure everything went perfectly. Everyone was were they needed to be when they needed to be. They made it the most stress free day for myself and all my family. I can't say enough about how wonderful this group is, but if you have any doubt in your mind about letting these ladies help you with your big day, don't worry they will make sure it is magical and a day you and your family will look on with fondness for the rest of your life.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Stacie C

I have been working with Kate with Emily Weddings. She’s amazeballs. She always remains one step ahead of me and keeping me informed of proper etiquette since it’s all foreign to me. I highly recommend the Emily Weddings girls. Always so professional, knowledgeable and sweet!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Alison Q

We would like to take the opportunity to share with everyone how INCREDIBLE the team at Emily Weddings really is. They made our day on May 27th, 2017 at the Hilton Oceanfront in Virginia Beach truly SPECIAL. Far too often, a vendor is just that, a vendor. Emily Weddings though,... Read More could not be further from. Their team are true partners, and in our case, have become an extension of our family. Whether it is helping you select the ideal venue, find the perfect vendors to fit your style, maximize your budget, or make what seems to be impossible possible, the team at Emily Weddings WILL make your vision, a reality. We would like to give a special thanks to Kate Freedman, Brittney Danas, and Karen Walker, whom we have dubbed the Dream Team. They exceeded our wildest expectations, and could not be more grateful for EVERYTHING. Kate Freeman - What can we say... Kate you truly are a part of our family now. You were with us through every decision, literally. Your patience, guidance, and direction could not have been more sincere and utterly PERFECT. THANK YOU again, Emily Weddings! Alison & Matt - “The Quelch’s”

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 shaunna r

Our daughter was getting married in March in our hometown of Virginia Beach, but lives in North Carolina and very busy in med school. Her fiancé was deployed with the Air Force. She turned all wedding planning over to her sisters and mum. This is our second daughter to be... Read More married and we had a disastrous experience with our first daughters wedding planner. I knew we needed a “day of” wedding planner but I was very nervous to do so. We contracted with Emily Weddings and I couldn’t have been more pleased. Their services extended far more than just the day of the wedding. Working with Carrie Fry and team, was a great experience and lowered my anxiety level immensely. The crew worked tirelessly, and it was a magical evening! Emily Weddings was THE BEST INVESTMENT!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Elaine W

I am actually one of the members of Emily Weddings Team. I have been with them for 2.5 years, but still needed their services leading up to and day of my wedding. Regardless of how much I knew about the industry and weddings, I was blinded by my own stress and emotions. Having... Read More these girls there to guide me and not let me forget certain important details was so necessary. The day of the wedding I could not have done without them. No one wants their family members or self to have to setup their own wedding. Having them there to create what I had worked so hard for was everything. We actually had to move the wedding inside because of weather, and change the layout of the floor plan. I also had some outside decor that had to be re-placed inside. They took this into their own hands and created a beautiful wedding that I did not have to make decisions for on my wedding day. (I also forgot my special Steelers garter at the hotel, that was a surprise for my husband so it was really important to me. They drove 30 minutes back to the hotel and got it for me...talk about dedicated women) I personally think the best thing you can invest your money into for your wedding is a coordinator. I truly could not have done it without them!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Erica G

Emily Weddings did a wonderful job helping us plan and pull off our wedding! Trying to plan a Hampton Roads wedding from our home just outside of DC would NOT have been possible without our amazing lead planner Carrie and the rest of the Emily Weddings team. These ladies took... Read More so much of the stress away leading up to the big day (and on the day of, especially!) Friendly, helpful, understanding, caring, and attentive - So thankful for all this wonderful group did to make our wedding day special.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016

Emily Weddings was phenomenal to work with. Every member of the team was kind, efficient, organized, and detail-oriented. I don't think we could have pulled off our dream day without them. We loved everything about that day and wouldn't change a single thing. Thankful for a team... Read More who is passionate about weddings and has the skill and resources to pull off such an incredible event.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Lindsey P

We couldn't have been happier with the emily weddings team. I planned a wedding in Virginia from Ohio and so much stress was taken off my plate. They gave me connections to all the BEST vendors, made wonderful suggestions with every single detail, had a detailed and organized... Read More timeline, ran a seamless and timely rehearsal, helped run an event that wasn't their responsibility, and gave us hands down the best day of my life. We were overwhelmed with how my dream day came together more beautifully than I ever could have imagined. Nothing negative to say about emily weddings. Couldn't have been more impressed.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Will P

Emily Weddings did an amazing job at this wedding. Incredible attention to detail. So many staff were there making sure everything went smoothly. And everyone was so friendly. Incredible service. Couldn't imagine anyone doing it better.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 T P

The emily weddings team was an invaluable asset to my sister's beautiful wedding! Their attention to detail, punctuality, comprehensiveness, and excellent teamwork afforded a flawless wedding experience. I couldn't imagine executing such a large event without their experience... Read More and expertise. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Nicole G

The Emily Weddings crew was absolutely amazing! They did everything with such ease and professionalism including a last minute switch from an outside ceremony to an inside ceremony. They were there with anything we needed and helped make the day so wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Lauren N

The Emily Weddings team is fantastic! They know exactly how to handle ANY emergency with professionalism - from a forgotten garter to surprise SNOW at an outdoor beach wedding in April. Not only did they put everybody at ease, they did it effortlessly. They are experts at what... Read More they do!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Tyesha S

BEST INVESTMENT! I was just married 9/3/2016 in the Outer Banks NC and Hurricane Hermine decided to show up and ruin my outdoor wedding. It was incredibly stressful and I have no clue what I would have done without Rachel. She came hours earlier than contracted to the venue... Read More the day before to see the venue and spend time planning how to make everything work for an indoor wedding. She literally became my best friend during the last weeks of my wedding when everything started going wrong. She was right there fixing each thing and reassuring me the entire time my wedding would be perfect. I can't tell you how many of our guests, vendors and family members complimented me on our "CIA Wedding Planners" who were every where handling everything while communicating on their secret service like ear pieces. They pulled off an absolutely AMAZING wedding day for me and I'm forever thankful to Rachel and her team. So very worth every penny to pick these ladies and know that your wedding will be handled just like it was their own. Thank you ladies so much!! <3

Emily

After years of singing and performing at Walt Disney World while also assisting with weddings for her couples, Emily received her PWP™ (Professional Wedding Planner member) with Distinguished Honors from The Association Of Bridal Consultants. She has been planning weddings since 2000 and has grown her award winning wedding team to team of 9 planners and associates. Join them "live" every 3rd Thursday morning of the month on the Emily Weddings, Inc Facebook page for their Eye On Events show at 10:40am EST https://www.facebook.com/EmilyWeddings/