Emily Weddings, Inc. Detailing your dream wedding.

Based in Coastal Virginia, Emily Weddings has over 40 years of combined experience and education in wedding planning. They have had the distinguished honor of winning many awards over the years for their dedication and level of service as well as having been featured in national forums.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Bow2010

Reviewed on 3/18/2016

The Emily Weddings Team did the best job in coordinating everything for our wedding. We had the full service. They were able to help us tremendously with an out-of-town bride and groom and an in-town MOB. It was so nice to be able to work with a group of ladies/planners that is... Read More so loved by all of the other great Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads planners. They were so easy to work with and had great suggestions to make the day beautiful. I can't thank them enough for all the help they provided us. Carrie even provided her personal babysitters for our reception so that the guests could feel comfortable without their children while they enjoyed the night. I would definitely recommend Emily Weddings for any bride!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Erin O

Amazing, Awesome, Incredible, Marvelous, Stunning, Unbelievable, Wonderful . . . I can't even come up with the write word to explain how priceless Emily Weddings was to our wedding. At one point in my life, I was a meeting and event planner, and we occasionally did weddings. I... Read More really didn't think I needed to spend the money on a wedding planner because I knew I would piece it together myself. We ended up borrowing a piece of property from family friends, so there was no venue coordinator. I decided to use Emily Weddings, but really thought I wasn't going to get my money's worth. BOY WAS I WRONG! Seven ladies showed up that evening and did the most amazing job! Not only did they make sure that my vision was upheld. They made sure that NO ONE had any need or worry in the world. And we are talking about 200 guests and more than a dozen vendors. These ladies were amazing! My cousin told me this weekend that at one point her purse fell over and before she could lean over, three of the ladies were already there putting everything back together. I NEVER felt like I was having to answer any questions or talk to any of the vendors or solve any problems, nor was there ever a hint of it. To be honest with you, they are worth two, three, even four times what we paid for them. EMILY WEDDINGS is amazing. You will not regret using them and you would be foolish if you don't.

Emily Weddings, Inc. is best-in-class!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Crystal H

My mother and I interviewed Emily Weddings among other service providers early in my planning process. Emily Weddings was a standout among the others we talked to and from Day 1, my husband and I felt like we got thoughtful and responsive attention from Emily and her team.... Read More Emily's effective and thoughtful consultation led to her connecting us with fantastic vendors that truly saw our vision and ended up executing our dream day. Throughout the process, Emily and her team sent timely reminders and used detailed organizational tools that accounted for all of the key considerations we needed to think through. After any exchange with Emily or one of her team members (via email, by phone, or in person), I always came away feeling very assured and comforted that I was getting great advice and guidance. On the day of the event, her dream team was a wonderful part of our day. Jeff and I were just able to enjoy our experience because of their planning and coordination. The ladies on this team are truly passionate about what they do and they're very skilled at doing it in a high-caliber way. We felt like we were very important to them and they are truly in our hearts because of their sincerity and how hard they worked to make our day so magical. Emily, Carrie, Brittney, Kaite, and Tierney were amazing and many of our guests remarked on how great their interactions were with the wonderful women in black with pink necklaces! I would recommend Emily Weddings to anyone - if there were 6 stars, I'd choose that rating.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 shaunna r

Our daughter was getting married in March in our hometown of Virginia Beach, but lives in North Carolina and very busy in med school. Her fiancé was deployed with the Air Force. She turned all wedding planning over to her sisters and mum. This is our second daughter to be... Read More married and we had a disastrous experience with our first daughters wedding planner. I knew we needed a “day of” wedding planner but I was very nervous to do so. We contracted with Emily Weddings and I couldn’t have been more pleased. Their services extended far more than just the day of the wedding. Working with Carrie Fry and team, was a great experience and lowered my anxiety level immensely. The crew worked tirelessly, and it was a magical evening! Emily Weddings was THE BEST INVESTMENT!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Elaine W

I am actually one of the members of Emily Weddings Team. I have been with them for 2.5 years, but still needed their services leading up to and day of my wedding. Regardless of how much I knew about the industry and weddings, I was blinded by my own stress and emotions. Having... Read More these girls there to guide me and not let me forget certain important details was so necessary. The day of the wedding I could not have done without them. No one wants their family members or self to have to setup their own wedding. Having them there to create what I had worked so hard for was everything. We actually had to move the wedding inside because of weather, and change the layout of the floor plan. I also had some outside decor that had to be re-placed inside. They took this into their own hands and created a beautiful wedding that I did not have to make decisions for on my wedding day. (I also forgot my special Steelers garter at the hotel, that was a surprise for my husband so it was really important to me. They drove 30 minutes back to the hotel and got it for me...talk about dedicated women) I personally think the best thing you can invest your money into for your wedding is a coordinator. I truly could not have done it without them!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Erica G

Emily Weddings did a wonderful job helping us plan and pull off our wedding! Trying to plan a Hampton Roads wedding from our home just outside of DC would NOT have been possible without our amazing lead planner Carrie and the rest of the Emily Weddings team. These ladies took... Read More so much of the stress away leading up to the big day (and on the day of, especially!) Friendly, helpful, understanding, caring, and attentive - So thankful for all this wonderful group did to make our wedding day special.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016

Emily Weddings was phenomenal to work with. Every member of the team was kind, efficient, organized, and detail-oriented. I don't think we could have pulled off our dream day without them. We loved everything about that day and wouldn't change a single thing. Thankful for a team... Read More who is passionate about weddings and has the skill and resources to pull off such an incredible event.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Lindsey P

We couldn't have been happier with the emily weddings team. I planned a wedding in Virginia from Ohio and so much stress was taken off my plate. They gave me connections to all the BEST vendors, made wonderful suggestions with every single detail, had a detailed and organized... Read More timeline, ran a seamless and timely rehearsal, helped run an event that wasn't their responsibility, and gave us hands down the best day of my life. We were overwhelmed with how my dream day came together more beautifully than I ever could have imagined. Nothing negative to say about emily weddings. Couldn't have been more impressed.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Will P

Emily Weddings did an amazing job at this wedding. Incredible attention to detail. So many staff were there making sure everything went smoothly. And everyone was so friendly. Incredible service. Couldn't imagine anyone doing it better.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 T P

The emily weddings team was an invaluable asset to my sister's beautiful wedding! Their attention to detail, punctuality, comprehensiveness, and excellent teamwork afforded a flawless wedding experience. I couldn't imagine executing such a large event without their experience... Read More and expertise. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Nicole G

The Emily Weddings crew was absolutely amazing! They did everything with such ease and professionalism including a last minute switch from an outside ceremony to an inside ceremony. They were there with anything we needed and helped make the day so wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Lauren N

The Emily Weddings team is fantastic! They know exactly how to handle ANY emergency with professionalism - from a forgotten garter to surprise SNOW at an outdoor beach wedding in April. Not only did they put everybody at ease, they did it effortlessly. They are experts at what... Read More they do!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Tyesha S

BEST INVESTMENT! I was just married 9/3/2016 in the Outer Banks NC and Hurricane Hermine decided to show up and ruin my outdoor wedding. It was incredibly stressful and I have no clue what I would have done without Rachel. She came hours earlier than contracted to the venue... Read More the day before to see the venue and spend time planning how to make everything work for an indoor wedding. She literally became my best friend during the last weeks of my wedding when everything started going wrong. She was right there fixing each thing and reassuring me the entire time my wedding would be perfect. I can't tell you how many of our guests, vendors and family members complimented me on our "CIA Wedding Planners" who were every where handling everything while communicating on their secret service like ear pieces. They pulled off an absolutely AMAZING wedding day for me and I'm forever thankful to Rachel and her team. So very worth every penny to pick these ladies and know that your wedding will be handled just like it was their own. Thank you ladies so much!! <3

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Erin R

Emily Weddings, you guys were great. Everybody that I talked to couldn't find another adjective to describe everything but "perfect"! Just wanted to give a shout out to the whole team, who really stepped up and took the stress off of us and made our day that much more special.... Read More These gals are very professional and exceeded any expectations we had. Here's to seeing you guys again when one of my wife's 4 sisters gets married next! -Greg S.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Ashley M

I started out as one of those brides who didn't think a wedding planner was necessary. I wanted to DIY everything and save money wherever I could. As I was meeting with vendors and explaining my vision, the same name kept coming up - Emily Weddings. You don't realize when... Read More planning a wedding that yes, you can attempt to do everything yourself leading up to your wedding day, but do you really want to be worrying about small details the day of? My now husband and I finally decided to look into it and after our first meeting we felt completely reassured this would be money well spent. Not only do they have all the best contacts in the business, but they are so creative and resourceful! We opted for the day of planning, which was perfect for us. We met with Brittany multiple times leading up to the big day and she was always just a call or text away when I had questions. I never felt like she was juggling other weddings while working with me. She always remembered every detail of everything we talked about and had great suggestions for alternatives if I hit a road block. There is no curve ball you can throw at them they can't hit out of the park! Their years of experience in this industry really shows, which is invaluable for a new bride overwhelmed with options. Our relationship didn't feel like a business I was paying for a service, but a dear friend who was equally excited for my husband and I's big day. My two biggest take aways from working with them are 1) These are really good, hard working women who genuinely are happy for your happiness and value your marriage and 2) I would have spent all this money on getting great vendors, but they couldn't truly shine with Emily Weddings coordinating them all together. I didn't have a single worry on my wedding day because of them. Everything went flawlessly and they made me and husband feel like such VIPs the whole night. To all brides out there on the fence - the greatest gift is to see all your hard work and planning come together on your wedding day, so you can just completely relax and be in the moment. Emily Weddings gave this to us and we are forever grateful!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

I always knew I would hire a wedding planner. After having helped so many friends plan, coordinate, and execute their “special day” and seeing how stressed and worried they were, I knew wedding planning wasn’t for me. Your wedding day is supposed to be the “BEST DAY EVER” and... Read More for me, thanks to Emily Weddings, IT WAS! When I was first looking for a wedding planner, I interviewed a few who offered various levels of services. From the moment I met with Emily and Brittany of Emily Weddings, we just clicked. I could sense right away that they shared my vision and I knew they would provide just the right level of personalization and professionalism. At every step in the planning process they were there to provide sample vendors, review contracts and let me decide what level of involvement I wanted. I knew they would be there all in all the time, if that’s what I needed. I got everything set-up, picked-out and semi confirmed and then I was completely hands off the last two weeks before my wedding day. I could rest in the assurance that had everything taken care of. My mother shared my confidence in the team. Having been an event planner herself, she said it was a breath of fresh air to be hands-off and enjoy the day versus worrying about each detail. One of the greatest benefits was having the Emily Weddings team take charge of the wedding guests and the wedding party. They offered guidance throughout the day on where to be and when to be there. “Look for a ninja” was a common phrase used by the bridal party since the Emily Weddings team wore all black and talked on headsets. It was awesome! I could go on all day about how fantastic Emily Weddings is. But instead, I highly recommend you hire them yourself. They will make your special day truly magical!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

The Emily Weddings Team (EWT) is truly the best. Carrie and her team of 4 other women executed a perfect wedding day for us. Our wedding was at a private home in Sandbridge and required rentals for EVERYTHING. Carrie helped us down-select to the BEST vendors that fit our budget... Read More AND provided amazing service. EWT went ABOVE and BEYOND on numerous occasions: -- Our rehearsal dinner was at the Attic @ Waterman's. We reserved a shuttle to take our wedding party and rehearsal dinner guests to the restaurant. At the schedule pickup time, we saw no one. When we called the shuttle company, all we got was "We don't know where the driver is." Ummm. WHAT?! I approached EWT unsure of what we should do and Carrie's first response was, "I can fit 7 in my van." EWT drove our guests 30 minutes to the rehearsal dinner location. There was no hesitation, only a steadfast desire to make this weekend perfect for our families and guests. -- It POURED on our wedding day. Leaving our hair appt, we needed to be ready to decide where to have the wedding, on the planned outside lawn or in the clear top tent. Due to the uncertainty of the rain we chose the "backup plan", the tent. I have no idea what kind of magic these women work, but the pouring rain tent ceremony and reception was BETTER than anything we could have imaged. I am glad it rained! During the wedding planning period (~8 moths), Carrie and EWT were extremely responsive and professional. During our wedding weekend, my parents relaxed and enjoyed themselves. Any questions, we went to Carrie. My father and I are both type-A people and having a team so professional and caring allowed us to let go and enjoy. Carrie made sure we learned the best phrase a bride and her parents could hear, "Not my problem, Carrie will handle it." Thank you EWT; our wedding was better than anything we could have imagined.

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

I really can't thank the Emily Weddings team enough for the wonderful wedding they planned with me and my now-wife. It's incredible to hear the shenanigans that happened during the wedding without our knowledge. Friend threw up under the table during dinner? Check. Rain? Check.... Read More Power issues with audio system? Check. Instead of a stressful day, we were blissfully ignorant. And most importantly, both we AND the guests had a blast.

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Caitlin B

Hiring Emily Weddings was honestly one of the best decisions we made throughout the wedding planning process. They led us to our amazing vendor team and helped our wedding vision come to life. Carrie and Brittney were a huge help in the months leading up to our wedding. They... Read More helped relieve so much stress from the whole planning process, we walked away from each meeting with a game plan and feeling so much better about where we were in the process. For the day of the wedding, it was so nice to have a team there to help us, we could not have done it without them! Thank you all for your help!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

The Emily Weddings Team was an absolute joy and pleasure to work with. They did such an amazing job making our wedding vision come to fruition! From our initial meeting to the day of the wedding, the Emily Weddings team always put Caitlin and I first, making sure to always check... Read More in to make sure we were always on the same page. They went above and beyond to make sure they could take as much stress away from us as possible. Emily Weddings was so organized and professional throughout the process and that made us feel so much more at ease. They were so amazing being able to be flexible to change to the ever changing demands that we threw at them. On the day of the wedding, I can't even imagine not having the Emily Weddings team to help make the day run so smoothly. Words cannot express how great they were in directing everyone where to be/when to be there, helping flip the room, facilitating the flow of the evening, etc. The Emily Weddings Team is simply amazing and I would recommend them to all family and friends!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Brooke S

I can't say enough wonderful things about Emily Weddings. They are top notch. Kate F was my point person and she was fabulous. She wasn't just my wedding planner, she felt like a friend too. Kate was there to answer all of my questions or find answers for me. She helped me make... Read More decisions when I was stuck. From the beginning she told me, "This is your wedding. I'm not here to take over. I'm here to be as helpful and involved as you want/need me to be." Throughout the planning process i met some of the other wedding planners and they were all fabulous too. And most importantly, when the ladies showed up on my wedding day, they were ready to go and took care of EVERYTHING. I didn't have to worry about one thing. Absolutely nothing. I could go on and on and provide more examples but I'll spare you. Just hire these ladies. You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 6/13/2015

This team made all our dreams and visions come true. Excellent coordination with wonderful ladies. Brittney and her team made the day magic. Best money spent for the wedding. Best Day Ever thanks to this team.

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Lindy P

From day one - I knew I couldn't handle the stress of trying to coordinate the day. It wouldn't have gone well, and my poor mom would have taken the brunt of it! So I decided to look at people to just do day-of coordination. Most people thought I was crazy for even considering... Read More this on a tight budget, but I figured I'd just let them see for themselves. When my husband, mom and I first met Emily and Brittney - we knew IMMEDIATELY that they were the ones for us. We ended up utilizing them for partial planning, which I would highly recommend for anyone who doesn't "see" things when they're described, like me and for anyone who just needs extra support. Brittney maintained consistent contact with me through out the year, joined me for meetings that I was apprehensive about, offered me props from her own home to utilize, helped me with projects that my craft-limited mind couldn't handle and continually told me it would all be perfect. She could not have been more correct. The team from Emily's Weddings supported us through the whole day - my mind was blown when I saw my reception hall. They never let on if anything was wrong, all things went beautifully (as far as I know at least!) and I think I've changed many minds on having planners involved. It was by FAR the best thing I "purchased" for my wedding - everything else was complete because of them. I feel so very blessed to have had them with me on our day, and will forever praise them from the rooftops!!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Jack Z

We worked with Brittney from Emily Weddings from the start to finish. She was amazing! The stress levels associated with putting our event together was infinitely lower because of her. She took us from not having a clue what we wanted to putting together an amazing wedding... Read More and reception. Would highly recommend her and Emily Weddings in general to anyone...

Emily

After years of singing and performing at Walt Disney World while also assisting with weddings for her couples, Emily received her PWP™ (Professional Wedding Planner member) with Distinguished Honors from The Association Of Bridal Consultants. She has been planning weddings since 2000 and has grown her award winning wedding team to team of 9 planners and associates. Join them "live" every 3rd Thursday morning of the month on the Emily Weddings, Inc Facebook page for their Eye On Events show at 10:40am EST https://www.facebook.com/EmilyWeddings/