Artistic, Documentary

1639 N. Hancock St, Philadelphia, PA

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Jill B

If you want to love your photos, choose Emily! Emily Wren Photography was recommended to me, and when I checked out her work I knew right away that she's one of the best! Even in our initial interactions she was so sweet and really spent time finding out what exactly we were... Read More looking for with our photos. She was so informative, responsive and super fun to talk to. I actually learned a lot in the process! Emily set up all necessary phone conversations and responded too ALL of my emails super fast. Her organization of everything was exceptional. Throughout the process, her excitement and ideas made me so excited. On the wedding day, Emily was so collected among many frazzled girls getting ready, and many guests arriving/scattering around the venue. We all looked up to her as a professional, yet she also felt like a friend and made us feel so comfortable, especially John and I. She kept us on schedule, but kept the fun going as well. Her team member was amazing, too (and so funny!). After the wedding Emily sent us our sneak peek photos right away, and they were more beautiful than I'd even hoped for. I had no doubts about Emily, but she truly went above and beyond. Thanks to Emily Wren Photography, we'll forever have beautiful memories captured with such thoughtfulness. She gave us everything we wanted and more. Thank you Emily!

Perfection

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Jana K

Book Emily Wren today for your wedding! To start, she is an incredible photographer. Every single photograph from our engagement session and our wedding sneak peek are absolutely amazing. She is able to capture the smallest moments that make a wedding day perfect without being... Read More intrusive and without feeling that there is a camera in your face for 12 hours. Her photographs could not be more perfect! She is so calm, caring and professional. She is attentive to detail and is so organized. She is amazing with correspondence and met with me multiple times throughout this year during the planning process. Emily truly is one in a million and I highly highly recommended her to everyone!! You will not be disappointed and she is worth the investment since these photos last a lifetime! She is perfection!

We recommend you book her... now!

Reviewed on 4/14/2014 Amy K

We're going to start this review by saying you should be booking Emily Wren photography for your wedding. Her photography is elegant, modern and timeless. She captures the little moments and the energy surrounding your big day. We had the honor of taking our engagement... Read More photos in NYC and Brooklyn. Emily was game for the job and we ran all over NYC with her and her second shooter. The photos are beautiful and we just want to frame them all! For our wedding, we only received our 'sneak peek' but they are gorgeous. She is quick thinking and found us an inside location within a few days notice...given that it poured on our wedding day. She knows how to work with family members and to get everyone looking their best.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Kelley S

I wish I could give more than five stars to Emily Wren and her team. Booking her was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. The photos from our engagement session and our big day are all absolutely beautiful. She is truly a talented artist and storyteller.... Read More And, she is relaxed, kind, and has a good sense of humor-- someone who you'll always feel comfortable around. She is also completely organized and professional, making sure everything runs smoothly and she captures all the important moments. The wedding comes and goes in a day, but the photos are forever. We couldn't be happier with ours!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016

We adore Emily Wren and her team. We met with a few photographers in our planning phase and could not be happier with the choice we made. Lauri put us at ease during our test shoot, the photos really captured our relationship. Lauri and Gabby worked with us on our wedding day,... Read More they were calm, supportive and fun. Each photographer was completely in control of our large family, which is no easy feat. After reviewing our photos, we could not have been more pleased with how they turned out. We will treasure these for years to come. The group at Emily Wren captured each special moment of our day. Even when it started to rain unexpectedly, Lauri and Gabby were quick to put themselves into the elements for the perfect photos. Throughout the entire wedding process, Emily was readily available to answer questions, but also understanding and patient when we were too busy to reply to her right away. Before our wedding day, Lauri listened patiently to our fears, ideas, and suggestions about our photo preferences. We can not recommend this group enough! It will be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Amy A

Could not have been happier with our pictures and experience with Emily Wren Photography. The photos themselves were beautiful - so natural and really captured the spirit of the evening. And working with Emily and Gregg was a delight. They made us feel comfortable at every point... Read More and are great to be around- genuine, kind, caring, solid people. Turnaround time on photos was great (had the 'sneak peak' with nearly 100 photos within 10 days of the event) and Emily was very easy to work with to create our album, which we love and did through her. She even went the extra mile to help my mom create an album on her own- recommending software to use and tips for layout and design. Bottom line: great pictures, great customer experience, and great people to work with.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Leanne P

I actually knew Emily, as she had done some photoshoots for the textile company that I work for. I always loved the shots that Emily captured of me and the other girls working on textile design and I had seen the beautiful wedding photos she had captured for one of my... Read More co-workers. So I knew 100% who I wanted to take our wedding photos. Emily did the most amazing job, her and her assistant, kept us super comfortable; laughing and smiling the whole time. We never felt like we were being dragged away to take straight forward photo after photo. Instead, Emily planned all of the shots both with the light of the evening and the schedule of the event in mind. She took us to a few different but easy to get to locations on the venue's grounds and she got the most incredible shots. We could not be more pleased with her professionalism, the quality and creativity of her photography, her turn around time, and how incredibly comfortable my husband and I felt working with her! I honestly knew she would do a great job because I already knew her work so well, but getting that first sneak peek, just blew our minds! Our wedding photos were actually featured on Ruffled's wedding blog and we were so happy to share them with the world!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Melissa D

We worked with Gabby (one of Emily's assistants) for both engagement and wedding day photos. Emily did all of the emailing about logistics, payments, etc. while Gabby took the photos. Both were great to work with. Emily was always prompt with her responses and accommodating to... Read More our individual needs and requests. She also edited our photos and had them back to us REALLY fast. For the wedding, we had a great sneak peak in less than 2 weeks and all our photos in less than a month. The engagement session had an even shorter turnaround. Gabby is really easy going and took fantastic pictures. They really captured the feeling of the day. We love that she was able to get really good photos of the majority of our guests (maybe even all of our guests). She made us feel at ease in front of the camera. She was everywhere at the wedding and got photos of every aspect of the day. She even came out to the farm where we had our wedding for the engagement session, so we could scope out good spots of photos ahead of time. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Kate M

I cannot say enough about how much we loved working with Emily and her husband Gregg. They made us feel so comfortable throughout the whole planning process and our wedding day. Not only are they amazing to work with, but the quality of our pictures is amazing too. Our... Read More engagement pictures were great practice for us and really gave us a great idea of what to expect for wedding day portraits. On our wedding day, they were so sweet, and a calming presence for us. They made it so easy to get all of the shots we wanted with our bridal party without feeling rushed or pushed. It was a fun process, but the candids during the reception were even better. They were so good at being around for special moments, but in a way that wasn't distracting from them. The final result of our pictures is gorgeous and we love looking back at all of the special parts of our day. We had an amazing wedding and it reads through in our pictures!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Andi G

We were thrilled to work with Emily Wren Photography for our May wedding in Bethlehem, PA. Emily had photographed a friend's wedding last year, and she came highly recommended. While Emily was not available for our wedding, we worked with Lauri, her associate. Lauri was... Read More personable, friendly, and made wedding photography seem so natural. We loved our engagement session in downtown Bethlehem with Lauri, where she suggested romantic hidden spots around town. She kept us smiling even though it was a freezing day! On the day of the wedding, Lauri and our second photographer were absolute pros at capturing the emotions of the day. She was so responsive to our requests and made us feel like we had known each other forever. When we reviewed the photographs, we were blown away by their beauty - we have no idea how they got so many gorgeous shots. They must be photo ninjas! High recommended!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Jennifer B

Unbelievable.. truly unbelievable! Emily Wren Photography is simply the best in the Philadelphia area. My husband and I hired Emily to capture our wedding day. She did not disappoint! In fact, she exceeded our expectations from day one during our first meeting. Emily is... Read More professional, authentic and a true artist. Her work is unlike others as her style is soft and romantic. Further, she tells a story through her photos which we absolutely love. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Emily and her team. They made us feel comfortable and worked extremely well with our family and wedding guests. We truly had the most special day and are absolutely blown away by the memories Emily and team have captured for us to look back on for a lifetime. As my mother simply put it, "Emily is a world class photographer." Thank you!!!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Krista C

Emily is an incredibly talented photographer and organized business woman, which make her THE gal for your big day. Hiring her for our engagement and wedding photos was a decision I'd make over and over again. Not only does she take beautiful photos, but she is extremely... Read More organized and communicative; she sent valuable timeline and planning materials well in advance, had a couple of prep calls with us beforehand, and overall, Emily gave me confidence that the day would go smoothly and on-time. On our wedding day, Emily and her second shooter, Nick, made us feel beautiful, comfortable, and they captured all of the best candid moments without being obtrusive. They also worked SEAMLESSLY with our video team, Squareware studios (who Emily recommended on her preferred vendors). My husband will never forget Emily's preparedness, as she gave him an emergency Kind bar when he was hangry :) She's one of the best in the biz and made us so happy -- we have received endless complements on our photos!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Niki J

Choosing Emily as our wedding photographer was probably one of the best decisions we made during wedding planning (no exaggeration)! From the initial booking conversations, through photo planning, and of course on the day itself, she was nothing but amazing. She is professional,... Read More very organized, incredibly talented, and so so nice! During the wedding she captured every special moment, and made my husband and me feel very comfortable the whole time. We just received our sneak peak and the pictures are truly pieces of art. I have honestly had friends and family who were not even at the wedding reach out to tell me how we have amazing photos. I would recommend Emily to anyone and everyone, definitely book her for your important events!!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Alicia A

Emily Wren and her team are absolutely spectacular. Our photos were better than we could have ever expected. She was able to capture such intimate, natural and fun moments. She immediately understood our personalities and made us feel so comfortable with our engagement photos,... Read More rehearsal dinner and wedding day. The team is professional, highly skilled and great to work with. I cannot say enough great things about Emily.

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Pete S

Hire Emily immediately! All of her fabulous 5 star reviews are 100% accurate. She is an amazing photographer who captured our big day beyond what we could have imagined. Not only are her images beautiful and artistic, but they are also powerful and moving. She is a true... Read More professional in every single way. We wanted a photographer to let us be ourselves and have fun, but also give us some direction. Emily captured our day in a creative and fun way and was never intrusive. Emily is also extremely responsive for questions, concerns or just to talk about your day. She also helped to stay within our budget and sent our photos faster than I expected. Also, for all the brides out there looking to give their fiancés a gift, consider Emily for your boudoir photos. I was extremely nervous about doing this, but Emily made me feel comfortable right away. My boudoir photos are beautiful, tasteful and sexy! My husband and I both love them. We can’t wait to use Emily for our future life events!

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 C D

We had an outdoor/rustic wedding, including a ceremony under the trees, a cocktail hour on an outdoor veranda, and a reception in a barn. We were looking for a photographer that would capture the vibe of our event, and Emily was perfect. The photos capture exactly what we were... Read More looking for -- the planned shots were on point, and the candids even better. Looking at them, we can reimagine our wedding in the best possible way, which is what you really want at the end of the day. We highly recommend Emily.

Reviewed on 12/28/2015

Emily and her entire crew are an incredible group of professionals. The time we spent with Emily at our Engagement Shoot, Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding were a true pleasure. We felt completely comfortable and at ease the entire time which is tough considering this groom is not a... Read More huge fan of taking pictures. And, the pictures are absolutely AMAZING! We couldn't imagine that Emily would capture all of our special moments so well and her vision really worked. Thanks for being a true professional, a fun addition to our celebration and capturing these memories that we will hold close to our hearts forever.

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Great to work with, even better photos. We truly enjoyed working with Emily.

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Allison B

mily is amazing. Her photographs speak for themselves. We were immediately drawn to the way she creates these beautiful pictures, but the more important thing is how relaxed Emily is. My husband and I were not excited about the prospect of being the center of attention and felt... Read More awkward thinking about posing for pictures. It turns out that it really matters WHO is taking those pictures. Emily is warm, totally responsive, and the awkward just melts away. I am so happy that we did engagement pictures with her, because we were that much more confident that our wedding photographs would capture *us*, minus all the awkwardness. The wedding pictures are, in fact, gorgeous. We have pictures of every single detail and person that we wanted documented. Emily really listens about what you're interested in capturing in the day and does it beautifully.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Laura L

There is no better wedding photographer than Emily Wren. Working with Emily was the warmest and easiest experience of my wedding experience. She had so a many great ideas for places in Philadelphia to take our wedding photos. Her services Go above and beyond. She captured every... Read More special moment and more of the whole evening. I got the sweetest wooden USB box gift, amazing photo album and prints all from Emily. I wish I had more special occasions in my life to hire her for! I have already recommended her to all my friends getting married!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Emily Wren was an absolute joy to work with! We loved her calm demeanor, and the planning she worked with us to do before hand made the day a breeze, allowing us to focus on spending time with guests and enjoying the day. Numerous guests told us how impressed they were with... Read More Emily and her assistant, Nick. Now that we have received our photos we are overjoyed with the way that Emily captured the emotions of the day. There isn't a single person who has seen our photos who has not been blown away. We would not hesitate to recommend Emily Wren photography.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

I'm going to cut to the chase - Emily was absolutely amazing. If she is free on your day, you'd be really missing out if you didn't book with her. She came highly recommended from my wedding planner (Lynda Barness- also wonderful), who has obviously done hundreds of... Read More weddings in the past and had nothing but great things to say about Emily. But my expectations were exceeded by leaps and bounds. First, let me say that Emily is a wonderful human being and a true artist. She is so unbelievably talented at what she does, so as far as the photography goes she is an A+. But as any bride planning for her big day knows, it's not just about talent, but also about professionalism and responsiveness. You want to be able to hire someone and KNOW that they are on every detail concerning them so you don't have to be worried about it. Emily was exactly all of those things- even through the super busy "wedding season" over spring and summer, she was very responsive and had all of her ducks in a row. About a month and a half before the big day, Emily emailed me with a link to detail exactly who I wanted in which photos and the different groupings I wanted to get on the big day - a huge help. Our ceremony went about 20 mins over schedule, but because Emily was so prepared and organized, we were still able to finish up our photos on time and make it (early!) to our cocktail hour (also highly recommend going to cocktail hour if you can- get A LOT of hello's out of the way there). The bottom line is that I simply cannot recommend Emily enough.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Emily is amazing! Leading up to the wedding, Emily was professional and very organized. Emily is easy to get ahold of and quickly responds to emails. She helped us come up with locations for our engagement photos. She understood us and the types of locations that reflected... Read More us/our relationship. During our shoot (both engagement and wedding), she did a great job to capture our ceremony, reception and overall feeling of the evening. We love looking at our pictures. We instantly feel like we’re back at the ceremony and reception. We have received many great comments about Emily from our guests. Emily was perfect, photos turned out awesome, and we highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Emily W

Where do I start? Emily & her team were the dream team. So flexible, so professional, so relaxed, so fun! My husband and I were a little anxious--not used to being photographed and wanting the pictures to come out well. Emily & Gabby were amazing, they created this chill,... Read More effortless atmosphere where the pictures look completely natural and you can fully sense the love and joy from them! You almost forgot they were there at times, blending and weaving in and out of the crowds taking amazing candids during the ceremony. For our engagement shoot, Emily was beyond willing to travel to NYC for us and for our wedding she took the lead on finding the perfect place for our first look. She was calm and in charge corralling our families for photos and provided just the right amount of humor and encouragement during the first look and leading up to the ceremony. After spending such an incredible day we were dying to see our pictures. Emily provided us with our sneak peak within a week--we got them on our honeymoon and it was such a treat to review the memories on our trip. The final photos came on a flash drive in this gorgeous engraved wood box which is a memento as its own. There is no pressure from the team to purchase or be pushed into packages or features you don't want. It was very easy and very customizable. So many people told us that planning a wedding was the most fun you'll never want to have again, but honestly with the team from Emily Wren Photography, it was effortless and a BLAST and we would 100% do it again. Even though we were based in NYC, planning for our photography was never an issue, Emily was always available via email or phone and had everything organized to a T! Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Emily Wren Photography came highly recommended from our close friends, who had booked Emily for their wedding - and, we later found out, two other sets of friends subsequently booked Emily for their own weddings! We could not have been happier with Emily Wren Photography. Emily... Read More is professional, warm, and skilled at what she does. She worked with us from afar - we lived and were married in the Washington DC area - and was always communicative, available, and clearly interested in working to understand our needs and preferences as a couple. It was so important to us to know that any time we wrote to Emily, we were sure to receive a thoughtful reply. Working with Emily has been a very positive experience. Emily and her second shooter Nick were incredibly fun to work with on our wedding day. They managed the logistics of a tight schedule flawlessly, capturing all of the portraits we requested in a way that felt fun and celebratory - and numerous guests commented to us that they enjoyed the way our photographers interacted with them throughout the wedding! Our photos turned out magically. We had a few requests for specific photos and Emily and Nick honored each of them, such as taking photos at sunset and beneath sparklers at the end of the evening. We are thrilled with the quality of the pictures we received, and truly do think Emily and Nick did a wonderful job of capturing such special moments in our lives. We are about to begin the process of putting together our album, and cannot wait to see the finished product. We can't thank Emily Wren Photography enough for capturing the essence of our wedding day!