Simple & Fresh

Using art and photojournalism as a foundation, Emily captures images that narrate your story and show your love for one another. The result is a simple and fresh aesthetic, rich in narrative images and telling details. Emily has been featured in Martha Stewart Magazine, The Knot Magazine and SMP.

Artistic, Documentary

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

1639 N. Hancock St, Philadelphia, PA (610) 574-0373
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Mara E

I could not imagine choosing a better wedding photographer than Emily and her team. Choosing a great photographer was one of the most important decisions during our wedding planning process, and I looked into many, many photographers before choosing Emily. Emily’s incredible... Read More work speaks for itself, but what really sets her apart is her professionalism and wonderful personality. Emily was such a joy to work with from start to finish. She is very organized and detail-oriented and helped to make the planning process worry-free. We loved the engagement photos that she shot for us, and could not wait to work with her again on our wedding day. On our wedding day, Emily and her team were such a calming presence and made it so easy for us to capture all of the various photographs we wanted without us feeling like we spent the entire day taking pictures. She helped us to feel so natural and comfortable in our photographs and really captured every single raw emotion and special moment during our wedding day. Her assistant Nick was also such a warm, funny person and a joy to work with as well. We truly could not have imagined our photographs coming out any better. I cannot stop looking at our gorgeous photos, and Emily and her team did such a wonderful job of capturing the special moments that I feel transported back to our perfect day every time I look at our pictures.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Jennifer B

Unbelievable.. truly unbelievable! Emily Wren Photography is simply the best in the Philadelphia area. My husband and I hired Emily to capture our wedding day. She did not disappoint! In fact, she exceeded our expectations from day one during our first meeting. Emily is... Read More professional, authentic and a true artist. Her work is unlike others as her style is soft and romantic. Further, she tells a story through her photos which we absolutely love. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Emily and her team. They made us feel comfortable and worked extremely well with our family and wedding guests. We truly had the most special day and are absolutely blown away by the memories Emily and team have captured for us to look back on for a lifetime. As my mother simply put it, "Emily is a world class photographer." Thank you!!!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Krista C

Emily is an incredibly talented photographer and organized business woman, which make her THE gal for your big day. Hiring her for our engagement and wedding photos was a decision I'd make over and over again. Not only does she take beautiful photos, but she is extremely... Read More organized and communicative; she sent valuable timeline and planning materials well in advance, had a couple of prep calls with us beforehand, and overall, Emily gave me confidence that the day would go smoothly and on-time. On our wedding day, Emily and her second shooter, Nick, made us feel beautiful, comfortable, and they captured all of the best candid moments without being obtrusive. They also worked SEAMLESSLY with our video team, Squareware studios (who Emily recommended on her preferred vendors). My husband will never forget Emily's preparedness, as she gave him an emergency Kind bar when he was hangry :) She's one of the best in the biz and made us so happy -- we have received endless complements on our photos!

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 E T

We had a truly wonderful experience with Emily and her team. We were very nervous about feeling awkward in pictures. Emily and her colleague made us feel incredibly comfortable and relaxed, and our pictures are simply beautiful. We cannot recommend Emily Wren Photography... Read More enough!

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Madeline K

Working with Emily Wren was a dream. The first time we met her in person, at our engagement shoot, we knew we had made a great decision. Emily made us feel so comfortable and we had so much fun. On our wedding day, Emily was so professional and organized. People are still... Read More complimenting us on our pictures and how incredible Emily was to work with. Not only that, but she made the whole process leading up to our wedding day very easy given that she was so organized and so easy to work with. She gave great advice on how to build our photography timeline to ensure we got all of the pictures we wanted but also ensuring that we could enjoy our wedding day. Our pictures are amazing and exactly what we wanted. We are thrilled with how everything turned out!

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Corey B

Working with Emily (and her 2nd shooter Nick!) was one of the best decisions we made. Not only is she a professional in every aspect but her enthusiasm for her work is infectious. I've worked in the wedding industry for close to 10 years and I have never found a more talented... Read More or personable photographer in the industry. Thank you to Emily and her team for capturing our special day above and beyond our expectations!

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Liz G

If you are still looking for a wedding photographer /videographer/photo booth - email Emily Wren right now! We found Emily online and are so happy we were able to book her for our wedding in November! Our planning process began about a year ago when my husband reached out to... Read More Emily. His report back to me was “she is so nice and friendly”. We looked and her work and knew that we wanted her to capture our wedding. We decided to have photography, videography, and the Little Picture Booth - we are SO happy we did!!! Our guests loved the photo booth and loved that photos were emailed and printed. Emily is so organized and on top of everything. She responds to emails promptly (within one day). She coordinates scheduled meetings to discuss all aspects of our wedding day and make sure everything is exactly how we want. On the day of the wedding we worked with Emily, Gregg, Nick, and Ryan - we loved them all! They are the type of people you want to be friends with after the day ends. Everyone showed up on time and was able to capture special moments without feeling intrusive. Not only are they amazing humans, but the work they produce is breathtaking. We received our sneak peek photos and I CANNOT stop scrolling through them!! They are absolutely beautiful and I cannot wait to see our entire collection. We have gotten so many messages about how beautiful the photos came out! I could go on and on about all of the wonderful qualities of Emily, Gregg, Nick, and Ryan but you will witness it all first hand once you hire Emily Wren!!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Emily B

My husband and I are beyond thrilled with Emily's work on our engagement and wedding photos. She and her teammate Nick, who helped with the wedding day, were both so nice and seamlessly integrated into the group. For the engagement session, we lived in NYC at the time, and Emily... Read More traveled up from Philly to do a Central Park shoot. She was very helpful to identify several good spots in the park for beautiful pictures, and we were amazed at how despite the crowded day, our photos look like we had the whole park to ourselves. She picked the perfect places so we had a lot of variety in the shoot. She was also incredibly helpful making us comfortable with just the right amount of instruction -- letting us engage naturally but helping us with arm placement or body angle so we didn't look odd in the photos! Then at our wedding she picked several places on the property to get a variety of backdrops. The family & wedding party portraits came out well, and she remembered to get all of the combinations we had talked about previously -- so you don't need to worry about it yourself on the day of! She is fantastic with detail shots, capturing all the various elements of the ceremony and reception decor. Then some of my favorite photos were the candids -- dance floor shots, our faces during the speeches, hugs among friends, and more. She and Nick seemed to get photos of everyone without feeling the least bit intrusive during the party. She delivers the photos optimized for print and digital, both through her site and on a cute keepsake USB drive. It's very convenient for family to log in and view/place orders/etc. We love reliving relive every moment through the beautiful photos, and our family and friends continue to rave about how fantastic they came out. Lastly, we had the Little Picture Booth as well at our reception, which was a big hit among the guests! I highly recommend Emily -- she is very talented and will make you feel completely at ease through it all. I would love to return to Emily for future family portrait sessions and other events.

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Ariel V

I can't say enough great things about Emily and her team - from the day I reached out, up until our wedding day and even after, she has been so responsive and helpful... even just to bounce ideas off or to get her professional opinion on something. On the wedding day, she took... Read More charge, but in a way that was calming and not stressful one bit. And even though they were there for every moment, even the most intimate of them, it didn't feel intrusive at all. Our photos are AMAZING and I feel like both Emily and Nick captured every single little element of the best day and night of our lives. I'd recommend Emily and her team time and time again!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Haley M

Working with Emily and her team was a dream. With all the things that can be stressful surrounding a wedding, our photographer was not at all one of them. We used Emily for our engagement shoot and our wedding and were thrilled by the magic Emily was able to capture during... Read More both. Her mastery with playing with natural light is what first attracted me to her work and after speaking with her about her philosophy about capturing real and beautiful moments I knew she was the photographer for us. Emily is an incredibly talented, adaptable and nimble photographer. Our engagement shoot was on the beach on a day with 25 mph gusts, and Emily managed to make the photos look phenomenal despite the 'bad hair day' weather. Our friends and family can't stop talking about how gorgeous the wedding photos are and how well Emily captured the feeling of the night, down to the little details that even our parents didn't notice until they saw the pictures. Emily also made sure I got all of the shots we were hoping for - even ones I had forgotten about on the day of because I was so swept up in the moment. The photo booth was also a huge hit with guests. Emily and her amazing shooting partner, Nick who was onsite at our wedding, were FANTASTIC on the day of our wedding. Emily was so good at directing group shots so we could get through them in a timely manner and Nick was SO FUN and threw himself in the middle of the dance floor with guests to get some amazing shots, engaging in dance offs and even offering to take pictures on guests iPhones- guests are still saying how much fun they had dancing with him. There was never a moment where the photography team seemed like outsiders looming with large cameras, rather Emily and Nick were part of the family. We were surprised at how quickly Emily reached out with our photos and the number of sneak peek photos we were able to get our hands on early! It was truly such a seamless process. Beyond the photos, Emily is such a kind, calm person to work with and made us feel so comfortable. We are (like many) super awkward when it comes to posing for intimate photos, but Emily made us feel so at ease and natural and kept our vision in mind the entire time. I never felt like I was being forced to do a corny pose just to appease her (one of my fears!). We can’t recommend Emily enough.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Megan H

Working with Emily and her team was an amazing experience. Planning an east coast wedding while living on the west coast had its challenges, but Emily took much of the stress out of the situation. She was accommodating in allowing us to do most of our meetings over the phone or... Read More through email and made sure we had all of the important details despite the distance between us. Emily was incredibly organized during the planning process, making sure to have regular check-ins with us and recording all of the information we discussed in a shared document. She even went out of her way to explore locations around our venue and came up with some gorgeous locations for photographs. On our wedding day, Emily and her team made us feel completely at ease. She provided us with a sense of organization that allowed us to sit back and enjoy our day. Emily had a plan in place for every situation, and we did not have to worry about how photography would be incorporated into our schedule. From the church, to traveling, to the reception, we loved having Emily and her assistant Nick by our sides. Even our guests can’t stop raving about how much they enjoyed their company! By the end of the night, they truly felt like family. From the sneak peek to the entire set of photos, our pictures are stunning and we are so excited to have them as memories to cherish forever. Even after our wedding day, we’ve enjoyed the experience of creating our photo album and choosing pictures with Emily. The professional guidance and poise provided by Emily and her team is unmatched and the quality of their work is amazing. They truly put their heart into their art and strive to make a personal connection with their clients. We are so thankful for their talent and commitment, and would 100% recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Courtney M

Emily Wren and her associate photographers were highly professional and a pleasure to work with. I am a professional designer and work with photographers often so I knew exactly what to look for. A portfolio with high quality images taken with flash and with natural light. A... Read More lot of photographers excel at one or the other, leaving photos looking overexposed or blurry. I wouldn't accept anything less than spectacular and that is what I found when working with them.

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Prudence C

We received all of the photos back from our wedding about a month ago and I don't even know how many times I've looked at them since then....they are so beautiful!! I had literally poured over hundreds of photos online looking for the perfect photographer for our wedding and... Read More when I came across Emily's work I knew the color, mood and overall editing of her photos was exactly what I wanted. Leading up to our wedding all communication was through Emily and she was so thorough and friendly and I really knew we were in great hands when we met with her in person. She is so on top of everything and a master at what she does. Emily's associate Gabby led the photography on our big day and along with associate Nick they did a fantastic job capturing all of the beautiful and fun elements of the day. They were a great team and didn't miss a beat. It's so fun getting to relive everything through the photos! Emily handled all editing of our images, and like I said, they are SO beautiful and I've received that same feedback unanimously. I don't know how I'm going to even begin to narrow them down to pick favorites to print or for an album...too many good ones! Cannot recommend Emily Wren & team any more highly!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Kristin A

We are so happy that we chose Emily Wren to photograph our wedding. The photos are absolutely gorgeous and Emily and her team were wonderful to work with! They made sure that we got the pictures we wanted while keeping in mind that it was our day to enjoy with friends and... Read More family as well. She was also extremely attentive and accommodating during the planning process. We had several phone meetings prior to the wedding day to make sure everything was planned out perfectly along with numerous email chains between Emily and our other vendors. The final package of photographs was ready very quickly and Emily has been great in providing editing and touch-ups as needed. All in all, going with Emily Wren is probably the best vendor decision we made for our wedding. We cannot recommend her highly enough!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Charlotte S

We absolutely loved working with Emily Wren Photography. Our photographer was actually her associate Lauri and she was awesome! She made the whole process easy, enjoyable, and was able to capture our day perfectly! My husband and I had never done a photoshoot before and she... Read More really put us at ease. I was so impressed with her ability to capture the moment authentically. Emily was great to work with on the office side of things and we received our photos right on time! I can't tell you how many compliments we get on all of our photos! I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Heidi Y

I couldn't be happier with our wedding photos! My husband and I contacted Emily and though she was busy the weekend of our wedding, she helped us get situated with her associate, Lauri. The two of them worked hard so that my husband and I are comfortable - and were so flexible... Read More when it come to what we wanted! Lauri took her time to get to know us throughout our engagement shoots and made us feel super relaxed even though we're not a huge fan of being in front of the camera. Even as we went through the long planning process, Lauri and Emily were in touch with us to make sure they were on the same page with us. It made our wedding day super easy and I honestly don't even remember seeing Lauri or the second shooter throughout the night because they were so good at capturing our day without getting in the way. We loved hanging with them all day! Emily then edited our photos, gave us a sneak peek in just a couple weeks after the wedding and got our full photos a month later - super quick! I'm really excited to work with her to create our wedding album and cannot stop looking at our photos - they're gorgeous!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Stephanie S

Emily Wren and her staff are simply the best. It was really important to my husband and I to find a photographer who could capture our wedding as if we were still in the moment. Emily and her team did just that. Our portraits are beautiful; our decor, ceremony and reception were... Read More captured flawlessly. Prior to the wedding date, Emily was very responsive to our inquiry and was extremely organized with documenting the photos that mattered. On the wedding day her and her staff had great energy which made us feel relaxed and ourselves. Her associates were wonderful and took amazing photos too. They even send you a fun USB of all of your photos in a memorable wooden box. We are so happy that they were part of our team and are excited to use them again for other life moments to come.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Cortney B

I could not be happier with Emily Wren Photography. From the moment we met Emily in her studio, we knew we wanted to work with her. She has such a calming nature about her and as a bride in the midst of wedding planning, it was so easy to see how she's be a perfect fit for us.... Read More She is also extremely professional and organized - also something you really need when planning. Right after we signed our contract with Emily, she immediately sent us a "what's next" email describing all we could expect coming up. This included scheduling our engagement shoot (which was AMAZING) as well as a timeline of when we'd connect next. Leading up to the wedding, she helped us organize the day, walk us through when & where we would capture our photos and even helped us with getting a permit to shoot photography in the park. On Wedding day, Emily & Gregg (Emily's husband and our videographer) were incredible. On time, so great with my family and helped the day run smoothly even with a large family portrait session, kids and tons of guests. Our sneak peek photos came quickly and our final photos did as well. We were stunned. They are so gorgeous and perfect. Our wedding video also left us speechless. We're so happy with our choice and we now have memories to last us a timetime that are even better than I could have imagined. Lastly, the thing all of our guests noticed was how passionate Emily's whole team was and how much fun they seemed to be having. They were a joy to work with.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Erin H

I honestly don't even know where to start with how wonderful Emily and her team are. She was recommended to me by my Maid of Honor who is a florist in the Philadelphia area and has worked a weddings with Emily in the past. It was the first vendor decision we had to make so we... Read More were a little hesitant to pull the trigger. My Maid of Honor told me "if Emily Wren is available, you need to book her. You will not be disappointed." She was absolutely right! Not only is Emily an amazingly talented photographer, she is extremely professional, organized and easy to work with. When we first started working together she clearly explained the process, the timing, what to expect, and possible watch outs from her experience. We had planning sessions by phone a few times before the wedding where she made sure she knew all of the photos and moments we wanted to capture. Her advice and suggestions during these meetings were particularly helpful. On the day of the wedding she showed up early, prepared and with a great attitude that made everyone feel comfortable. She kept us on track all day. You could tell Emily and her team were having fun and are passionate about what they do. We got our pictures back a little quicker than she had originally said, and my husband and I are beyond happy with them. We would work with Emily and team again in a heart beat. If there were an option to give her 6 stars, we would! Thank you Emily!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Quin A

Run, do not walk, to hire Emily Wren to shoot your wedding. Emily shot both our engagement photos and wedding and we only have received the wedding sneak peak back so far, but they are absolutely incredible! We loveee our engagement photos- Emily came all the way to NYC to take... Read More them! She was extremely attentive, very organized and so easy to work with. Your photographer will be with your all morning leading up until your ceremony- you definitely want someone you feel comfortable with capturing such intimate moments. She was not even the slightest bit obtrusive during the ceremony or reception and still captured such amazing photos. Her second-shooter Nick was also awesome and got super high-marks from the groomsmen and our family. Hiring Emily was one of the first wedding decisions we made, and definitely one of the best! Worth every penny. So looking forward to having her capture other exciting moments in our lives in the future!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Michelle M

Where do I begin?! Emily Wren is simply the most talented, inspiring and incredible photographer you could hire for your wedding. My new husband and I could not have been happier about our decision to book Emily to photograph our recent wedding at the beautiful Inn at Barley... Read More Sheaf Farm (7/7/17). I knew from the first phone call that she was the right person for us, and she exceeded our hopes and expectations! Emily and her assistant photographer Nick were so incredible to work with, and we cannot wait to see our final photos, which we know will be amazing! The preview she sent us was so incredibly beautiful -- we couldn't believe it!! We were completely blown away by the photos Emily took of us at our engagement session at Hortulus Farm - we couldn't have loved them more. She has an incredible eye and loves to incorporate trees and nature into her photography, and the results are simply stunning!! On top of being such an amazing photographer, Emily is incredibly sweet and fun and so professional and easy to work with - she makes the entire process a complete joy, and you will feel so happy and blessed to work with her. On top of it all, she and Nick completely won over all of our family and guests at the wedding - we felt like they were a part of the family! You will be so lucky if you are able to book Emily Wren for your wedding - don't hesitate!!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Lindsey D

Where do I start?! I was recommended Emily by our venue's staff and also by my "farmer-florist", I took a look at the photos she had done for a previous wedding at the same venue and they were beautiful, however it wasn't until I had my first consultation with Emily that I... Read More totally knew she was going to be even more amazing to work with than her pictures show. We decided to do engagement photos, I definitely recommend (especially if you are as awkward as me in photos). Emily makes you feel so comfortable, and was totally able to catch onto our vibe right away. Knowing all of that before our wedding day made it as stress free as it could have been. I completely trusted her to take whatever (little) guidance I gave her to capture our wedding day, and she went above and beyond. Emily and her husband Gregg along with the rest of her crew were beyond amazing - the photos turned out more than we could have ever hoped for in quality and content. Every time I share my photos everyone responds "we can just see how much fun this wedding was" and it was!! On our honeymoon I said "we should've flown Emily and Gregg out here to take pictures!" stil regret that :) We opted for the Little Photo Tower (super cute, everyone loved it) and also video which was a done by Gregg (NO WORDS, AMAZING, did I say that word enough?) If you are looking for really really beautiful and amazing quality photos by a genuinely friendly, talented, experienced person (with a crew to match) - you are looking in the right place! We <3 you!! - Ryan & Lindsey

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Leslie R

When my now-husband and I started wedding planning, we sat down separately and wrote down five things that were most important to each of us. We got together and narrowed down the ten things and looked for overlap. We came up with our golden list of to top three things that were... Read More most important to us. Memories to look back on was our top priority. Weddings can get expensive quickly and it's one day, but it'll be hands down the best day of your life. I spent countless hours researching to find the best photographer in our area that we could afford. After coming upon so many gorgeous photos from Emily Wren Photography, I reached out to her on a whim thinking there was no way that someone with her talent could fit my budget. To our surprise it worked! A few emails later and I knew Emily and her team were the ones for us! We did our engagement shoot with her associate, Colleen. (She also was our second shooter on our wedding day. We couldn't not have her!) Colleen has a talent that is very hard to find. Her ability to capture candid, real, raw emotions is unlike anyone you'll find in the wedding industry. Emily and Colleen went out of their way to meet with us at our venue months before the date on a late weekday evening to help us pick our outdoor ceremony location to make sure the lighting would be perfect for The Big Day. They looked at our linen samples and gave us their opinions. My husband and I met with Emily a few times and kept in contact with her during the entirety of our planning process. She is very relaxed and organized. The amount of time she was willing to give us was more than we could have asked for. I don't believe there is a wedding photographer out there with a portfolio like hers, the humbleness that she has, and the dedication she has to her clients. Before the wedding, I got in a last-minute boudoir session with Emily as part of my wedding gift to my husband. I think going into your first boudoir session every woman is nervous. Emily made me feel so comfortable in my own skin. I had so much fun letting my guard down. I think it was also a great way to build a relationship with Emily as a photographer before our wedding since we did our engagement shoot with Colleen. On our wedding day, Emily arrived early during makeup and hair and managed to some how capture all of this beauty out of the sheer chaos in my house. I don't know how she did it. Unlike other photographers I’ve seen at the weddings I’ve attended, Emily lets the day flow naturally. She’s not stopping you as you’re walking up the isle trying to get the perfect shot. She just hangs back and gets everything. From before everyone arrives until the end of the reception, she captured our favorite moments and all the crazy fun our guests had when we weren’t looking. I cannot say enough good things about Emily. Her work speaks volumes, but her dedication to YOU and your wedding sets her far apart from everyone else. And to top it all off, she dealt with me when I forgot my wallet on literally every occasion, except the engagement shoot!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Elizabeth D

Emily Wren was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was so organized and on top of everything. All of our family and many of our guests talked about how wonderful she was at the wedding. We absolutely loved our wedding photos and she got them out to us so quickly!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Jamie W

Emily and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process. From the beginning, I felt like I was in really good hands working with Emily - she is professional, talented, knowledgable, calm, and confident. Emily never forgot to... Read More respond to an email nor did she miss a scheduled call. The week before the wedding, Emily sent an email just making sure all of the details were in order. I really can't say enough great things about her! On our actual wedding day, Emily and her assistant Kelly were incredible. They showed up on time and prepared, and they worked so hard to get every shot we wanted. They made everyone feel relaxed and comfortable the entire time. We caught the most beautiful day, and the energy was so great. I knew the photos would be amazing and I was so excited to receive them. Our wedding photos are so very beautiful!! Emily and Kelly captured such a wonderful mix of raw emotion and love. We are so grateful for their talent and dedication, and we would highly recommend hiring Emily Wren to anyone who asks.