Artistic, Documentary

1639 N. Hancock St, Philadelphia, PA

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Mara E

I could not imagine choosing a better wedding photographer than Emily and her team. Choosing a great photographer was one of the most important decisions during our wedding planning process, and I looked into many, many photographers before choosing Emily. Emily’s incredible... Read More work speaks for itself, but what really sets her apart is her professionalism and wonderful personality. Emily was such a joy to work with from start to finish. She is very organized and detail-oriented and helped to make the planning process worry-free. We loved the engagement photos that she shot for us, and could not wait to work with her again on our wedding day. On our wedding day, Emily and her team were such a calming presence and made it so easy for us to capture all of the various photographs we wanted without us feeling like we spent the entire day taking pictures. She helped us to feel so natural and comfortable in our photographs and really captured every single raw emotion and special moment during our wedding day. Her assistant Nick was also such a warm, funny person and a joy to work with as well. We truly could not have imagined our photographs coming out any better. I cannot stop looking at our gorgeous photos, and Emily and her team did such a wonderful job of capturing the special moments that I feel transported back to our perfect day every time I look at our pictures.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Jennifer B

Unbelievable.. truly unbelievable! Emily Wren Photography is simply the best in the Philadelphia area. My husband and I hired Emily to capture our wedding day. She did not disappoint! In fact, she exceeded our expectations from day one during our first meeting. Emily is... Read More professional, authentic and a true artist. Her work is unlike others as her style is soft and romantic. Further, she tells a story through her photos which we absolutely love. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Emily and her team. They made us feel comfortable and worked extremely well with our family and wedding guests. We truly had the most special day and are absolutely blown away by the memories Emily and team have captured for us to look back on for a lifetime. As my mother simply put it, "Emily is a world class photographer." Thank you!!!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Krista C

Emily is an incredibly talented photographer and organized business woman, which make her THE gal for your big day. Hiring her for our engagement and wedding photos was a decision I'd make over and over again. Not only does she take beautiful photos, but she is extremely... Read More organized and communicative; she sent valuable timeline and planning materials well in advance, had a couple of prep calls with us beforehand, and overall, Emily gave me confidence that the day would go smoothly and on-time. On our wedding day, Emily and her second shooter, Nick, made us feel beautiful, comfortable, and they captured all of the best candid moments without being obtrusive. They also worked SEAMLESSLY with our video team, Squareware studios (who Emily recommended on her preferred vendors). My husband will never forget Emily's preparedness, as she gave him an emergency Kind bar when he was hangry :) She's one of the best in the biz and made us so happy -- we have received endless complements on our photos!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Courtney R

Emily and her husband Gregg were truly amazing! They were such a pleasure to work with. They captured every detail throughout the day. Eveytime I was going to ask for Emily to take a picture, she was already in it. A true professional that loves what she does! I highly recommend... Read More Emily Wren Photography!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Abby P

Emily is one-of-a-kind & an incredible photographer. I’m still amazed at how she captured our engagement photos in 45 minutes & sent them back to us within 24 hours- talk about a lasting first impression! :) What differentiates Emily is that she goes above & beyond in her role... Read More in your wedding and all that leads up to it. She’s genuinely invested from start to finish, making it her priority to have the day be well-organized, flawlessly executed, fun, memorable & relaxing for the bride, groom & their family/friends. One thing I love about Emily is her ability to leverage & refer her amazing network of vendors to ensure an overall spectacular event- for me this incl. florist Faye+Renee & wedding planner Caitlin @ Clover Event Co, who was my saving grace and I met only from Emily making the connection. Everything about our wedding was so incredible due to this collaboration of all-stars, all possible thanks to Emily’s guidance & expertise- we feel so grateful to have had her as the leader to our dream team of A++ vendors! Picture this: 11 bridesmaids, 9 groomsmen, 4 sets of parents + extended family, a bride & groom; requesting a first look & all family photos to be completed before the ceremony scheduled for 6:30PM. With Emily’s composure, advanced preparation, organization & just plain awesome-ness, we accomplished this successfully & stress-free! She is professional, reliable & brought her right-hand man/best team member of all time (Nick Antony) to assist onsite at our wedding. My husband & his groomsmen became Nick’s biggest fans almost instantly and sang his praises for the rest of the weekend. To top off our lovely wedding day w/Emily & Nick, 2 days later we received from them the kindest email simply wishing us well & letting us know we could expect a sneak peek to our photos in no more than 2 weeks. I can’t speak highly enough of Emily & all she did to make our wedding absolutely lovely- she's so good you may want to consider a new date if she's already booked! :)

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Meghan R

Our pictures are, simply put, amazing. The whole day still feels like a blur, but the photos captured everything perfectly. Seeing the photographs actually proves that the day was real. Emily's communication throughout the wedding process was phenomenal. Lauri, one of Emily's... Read More associates, was our photographer and we loved getting to know her during our engagement shoot. We felt so comfortable with her on our wedding day. In all of the photos that I had previewed from different photographers of our venue, they all had similar "typical" spots at the venue where they photographed. Lauri had such a great eye for finding different spots, which blew me away when I viewed the photos. Everyone that I have shown the pictures to has raved about them. Emily was one of the easiest vendors to work with. She works closely with her associates to ensure that no detail is overlooked. The editing of the photos is amazing and the finishing touches and packaging shows just how thoughtful Emily is with her business. The photos still make me smile every time I look at them. Thank you, Emily and team!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jenna Lynn B

We knew from our very first meeting with Emily that Emily Wren Photography was going to be just perfect. We were able to see some of Emily's exceptional work and experience her positive, artistic and passionate personality first hand. We had an engagement shoot with Emily along... Read More the Schuylkill River in the Spring and she made it so fun! Emily is super creative and really brought our vision to life. She made things feel very natural and not forced or cliche. Emily got the engagement photos back to us in no time at all for us to enjoy prior to the wedding and they were absolutely stunning. We received so many compliments on our springtime cherry blossom shoot! On the day of the wedding, Emily and her assistant Nick (Nick is also fantastic and our guests absolutely loved him!) showed up early and stayed the entire day capturing everything. Emily will tell you, she takes more pictures than most photographers and her attention to detail really shines through. We've been in awe of the breathtaking pictures and moments that Emily was able to capture. Candid shots during the ceremony, beautiful nature shots of our outdoor venue, tasteful shots of the tables/food/place settings before the party started, and she is an absolute professional at organizing group shots. We had a very large family to be photographed and Emily controlled the situation and kept everything flowing without any stress for us or our guests. If you want timeless photos of your special day, look no further than Emily Wren Photography. Her years of experience, keen attention to detail and professionalism will undoubtedly provide you with the best engagement and wedding photographs you could have hoped for. We can't wait for Emily Wren Photography to capture future special moments for our family!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Chris H

Emily and her team are wonderful. Her style is modern, artistic, and evocative while avoiding being cheesy and overdone. Aside from the high quality of the photos themselves, Emily is a pleasure to work with. She was flexible, accommodating, and made us feel comfortable right... Read More away. We would strongly recommend Emily Wren Photography.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Chris P

WORTH IT! Photography for your wedding is an investment- the day flies by, and looking at great photos really helps bring you back to the magic of the day. So important, as the post-wedding blues can be rough. Emily and her assistant Ryan did an exceptional job photographing our... Read More wedding. Her attention to detail and photographic eye make her a star. Each of our wedding photos was more breathtaking than the one before it. Her extra details (such as the engraved wooden box to hold our USB) are so special. She's a fantastic person, a fantastic photographer, and I have only great things to say about her. Could not recommend more.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jackie B

Emily not only captures your day, but also adds to it. She is a bride’s dream to work with throughout the wedding process--not only is she amazingly talented, she is organized, pays attention to detail, and is passionate about what she does. Emily was recommended by my venue... Read More (Front & Palmer). Front & Palmer is unique and urban; it lends itself to a lot of BHLDN-ish weddings. I knew I wanted this style for my wedding, but I also wanted to add a romantic/glam touch. When I looked through Emily’s portfolio, I knew she would be able to photograph my vision. The first thing I noticed was her ability to capture emotion. Her photos tell the story of the wedding day. She captures intimate moments, details...EVERYTHING. Each wedding you look at of hers makes you feel different because every bride and groom is different. I planned my wedding out-of-town, so phone calls with potential vendors were huge for me. I remember the first time I spoke to Emily, I felt that she was truly listening to my vision, while also being true to her own style and giving me all the information I needed to know about working together. She does a ton of weddings and because of this is incredibly organized. She contacted me at the appropriate time for our engagement shoot, sent us a preparation checklist for both the engagement and wedding day. She even guides you in things like what to wear! It takes all the stress out of the process! On our wedding day, we had two photographers--Emily and Nick. They were both AMAZING! They guided us through the process, but were not ever a disturbance. The locations Emily chose for our photos were gorgeous, and the entire bridal party was impressed by her leadership. Both Emily and Nick actually added a lot of fun to the day, and we have received compliments on both of them since! Not enough space to write all the good things I have to say. BEST DECISION EVER.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Stephanie K

I cannot say how impressed my husband and I were with Emily and her team - they were AMAZING! Emily was hands-down one of the best wedding vendors we worked with. In all of the planning, coordinating and communications leading up to the wedding, Emily was organized, personable... Read More and very professional. On our wedding day, despite having a very large wedding party and plenty of rain, Emily was a calming force. She was prepared for every possible scenario and made sure to capture so many beautiful moments throughout the day. My family and friends continue to rave about Emily as well! She was excellent and managed the day flawlessly. I would recommend Emily Wren and her team to anyone looking for a fantastic photographer, her work will take your breath away and we could not be happier with our wedding photos and our experience.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Meghan S

I cannot possibly say enough good things about Emily-choosing her for our wedding photographer was the best decision we made! Emily made us feel so comfortable during our engagement session and all of our friends commented on how amazing our pictures turned out! I was even more... Read More blown away by our wedding photos! Every single shot was perfect and Emily was so organized, professional, and also fun to be around. She wis so talented that she was even able to great shots when it rained on our wedding day! I have already recommended her to friends and we loved her so much we hope to have her shoot some photos for us when we have a family someday! We are so happy to have gorgeous photos that we will cherish forever. Thank you Emily!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Matt M

Emily couldn't have been better at what she does. Capturing beautiful moments without them seeming setup or forced, making the environment a character rather than just someplace you're standing to get your picture taken. Emily and her husband Gregg are not only great people, but... Read More they make you and your family feel like they've been there all along, creating a comfort and trust immediately that allows for the real moments and smiles to come forth and be captured. I would recommend them highly not only for weddings, but for any function in need of amazing photography.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Matt M

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Nicole J

Emily and Team, We can't thank you enough for the beautiful photos you took of our wedding day! You managed to capture everything that our day meant to us: our love for one another and the love we have for our family and friends. These pictures serve as everlasting memories... Read More that we will cherish forever. Your professionalism, calm spirit, and expertise are unmatched and we are so blessed to have had you there on our special day! We wish you nothing but continued success and hope to work with you again in the future :)

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Kelley S

I wish I could give more than five stars to Emily Wren and her team. Booking her was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. The photos from our engagement session and our big day are all absolutely beautiful. She is truly a talented artist and storyteller.... Read More And, she is relaxed, kind, and has a good sense of humor-- someone who you'll always feel comfortable around. She is also completely organized and professional, making sure everything runs smoothly and she captures all the important moments. The wedding comes and goes in a day, but the photos are forever. We couldn't be happier with ours!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016

We adore Emily Wren and her team. We met with a few photographers in our planning phase and could not be happier with the choice we made. Lauri put us at ease during our test shoot, the photos really captured our relationship. Lauri and Gabby worked with us on our wedding day,... Read More they were calm, supportive and fun. Each photographer was completely in control of our large family, which is no easy feat. After reviewing our photos, we could not have been more pleased with how they turned out. We will treasure these for years to come. The group at Emily Wren captured each special moment of our day. Even when it started to rain unexpectedly, Lauri and Gabby were quick to put themselves into the elements for the perfect photos. Throughout the entire wedding process, Emily was readily available to answer questions, but also understanding and patient when we were too busy to reply to her right away. Before our wedding day, Lauri listened patiently to our fears, ideas, and suggestions about our photo preferences. We can not recommend this group enough! It will be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Amy A

Could not have been happier with our pictures and experience with Emily Wren Photography. The photos themselves were beautiful - so natural and really captured the spirit of the evening. And working with Emily and Gregg was a delight. They made us feel comfortable at every point... Read More and are great to be around- genuine, kind, caring, solid people. Turnaround time on photos was great (had the 'sneak peak' with nearly 100 photos within 10 days of the event) and Emily was very easy to work with to create our album, which we love and did through her. She even went the extra mile to help my mom create an album on her own- recommending software to use and tips for layout and design. Bottom line: great pictures, great customer experience, and great people to work with.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Leanne P

I actually knew Emily, as she had done some photoshoots for the textile company that I work for. I always loved the shots that Emily captured of me and the other girls working on textile design and I had seen the beautiful wedding photos she had captured for one of my... Read More co-workers. So I knew 100% who I wanted to take our wedding photos. Emily did the most amazing job, her and her assistant, kept us super comfortable; laughing and smiling the whole time. We never felt like we were being dragged away to take straight forward photo after photo. Instead, Emily planned all of the shots both with the light of the evening and the schedule of the event in mind. She took us to a few different but easy to get to locations on the venue's grounds and she got the most incredible shots. We could not be more pleased with her professionalism, the quality and creativity of her photography, her turn around time, and how incredibly comfortable my husband and I felt working with her! I honestly knew she would do a great job because I already knew her work so well, but getting that first sneak peek, just blew our minds! Our wedding photos were actually featured on Ruffled's wedding blog and we were so happy to share them with the world!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Melissa D

We worked with Gabby (one of Emily's assistants) for both engagement and wedding day photos. Emily did all of the emailing about logistics, payments, etc. while Gabby took the photos. Both were great to work with. Emily was always prompt with her responses and accommodating to... Read More our individual needs and requests. She also edited our photos and had them back to us REALLY fast. For the wedding, we had a great sneak peak in less than 2 weeks and all our photos in less than a month. The engagement session had an even shorter turnaround. Gabby is really easy going and took fantastic pictures. They really captured the feeling of the day. We love that she was able to get really good photos of the majority of our guests (maybe even all of our guests). She made us feel at ease in front of the camera. She was everywhere at the wedding and got photos of every aspect of the day. She even came out to the farm where we had our wedding for the engagement session, so we could scope out good spots of photos ahead of time. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Kate M

I cannot say enough about how much we loved working with Emily and her husband Gregg. They made us feel so comfortable throughout the whole planning process and our wedding day. Not only are they amazing to work with, but the quality of our pictures is amazing too. Our... Read More engagement pictures were great practice for us and really gave us a great idea of what to expect for wedding day portraits. On our wedding day, they were so sweet, and a calming presence for us. They made it so easy to get all of the shots we wanted with our bridal party without feeling rushed or pushed. It was a fun process, but the candids during the reception were even better. They were so good at being around for special moments, but in a way that wasn't distracting from them. The final result of our pictures is gorgeous and we love looking back at all of the special parts of our day. We had an amazing wedding and it reads through in our pictures!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Andi G

We were thrilled to work with Emily Wren Photography for our May wedding in Bethlehem, PA. Emily had photographed a friend's wedding last year, and she came highly recommended. While Emily was not available for our wedding, we worked with Lauri, her associate. Lauri was... Read More personable, friendly, and made wedding photography seem so natural. We loved our engagement session in downtown Bethlehem with Lauri, where she suggested romantic hidden spots around town. She kept us smiling even though it was a freezing day! On the day of the wedding, Lauri and our second photographer were absolute pros at capturing the emotions of the day. She was so responsive to our requests and made us feel like we had known each other forever. When we reviewed the photographs, we were blown away by their beauty - we have no idea how they got so many gorgeous shots. They must be photo ninjas! High recommended!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Niki J

Choosing Emily as our wedding photographer was probably one of the best decisions we made during wedding planning (no exaggeration)! From the initial booking conversations, through photo planning, and of course on the day itself, she was nothing but amazing. She is professional,... Read More very organized, incredibly talented, and so so nice! During the wedding she captured every special moment, and made my husband and me feel very comfortable the whole time. We just received our sneak peak and the pictures are truly pieces of art. I have honestly had friends and family who were not even at the wedding reach out to tell me how we have amazing photos. I would recommend Emily to anyone and everyone, definitely book her for your important events!!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Alicia B

Emily Wren and her team are absolutely spectacular. Our photos were better than we could have ever expected. She was able to capture such intimate, natural and fun moments. She immediately understood our personalities and made us feel so comfortable with our engagement photos,... Read More rehearsal dinner and wedding day. The team is professional, highly skilled and great to work with. I cannot say enough great things about Emily.

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Pete S

Hire Emily immediately! All of her fabulous 5 star reviews are 100% accurate. She is an amazing photographer who captured our big day beyond what we could have imagined. Not only are her images beautiful and artistic, but they are also powerful and moving. She is a true... Read More professional in every single way. We wanted a photographer to let us be ourselves and have fun, but also give us some direction. Emily captured our day in a creative and fun way and was never intrusive. Emily is also extremely responsive for questions, concerns or just to talk about your day. She also helped to stay within our budget and sent our photos faster than I expected. Also, for all the brides out there looking to give their fiancés a gift, consider Emily for your boudoir photos. I was extremely nervous about doing this, but Emily made me feel comfortable right away. My boudoir photos are beautiful, tasteful and sexy! My husband and I both love them. We can’t wait to use Emily for our future life events!

Start a Conversation!