Simple & Fresh

Using art and photojournalism as a foundation, Emily captures images that narrate your story and show your love for one another. The result is a simple and fresh aesthetic, rich in narrative images and telling details. Emily has been featured in Martha Stewart Magazine, The Knot Magazine and SMP.

Artistic, Documentary

1639 N. Hancock St, Philadelphia, PA (610) 574-0373
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Mara E

I could not imagine choosing a better wedding photographer than Emily and her team. Choosing a great photographer was one of the most important decisions during our wedding planning process, and I looked into many, many photographers before choosing Emily. Emily’s incredible... Read More work speaks for itself, but what really sets her apart is her professionalism and wonderful personality. Emily was such a joy to work with from start to finish. She is very organized and detail-oriented and helped to make the planning process worry-free. We loved the engagement photos that she shot for us, and could not wait to work with her again on our wedding day. On our wedding day, Emily and her team were such a calming presence and made it so easy for us to capture all of the various photographs we wanted without us feeling like we spent the entire day taking pictures. She helped us to feel so natural and comfortable in our photographs and really captured every single raw emotion and special moment during our wedding day. Her assistant Nick was also such a warm, funny person and a joy to work with as well. We truly could not have imagined our photographs coming out any better. I cannot stop looking at our gorgeous photos, and Emily and her team did such a wonderful job of capturing the special moments that I feel transported back to our perfect day every time I look at our pictures.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Jennifer B

Unbelievable.. truly unbelievable! Emily Wren Photography is simply the best in the Philadelphia area. My husband and I hired Emily to capture our wedding day. She did not disappoint! In fact, she exceeded our expectations from day one during our first meeting. Emily is... Read More professional, authentic and a true artist. Her work is unlike others as her style is soft and romantic. Further, she tells a story through her photos which we absolutely love. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Emily and her team. They made us feel comfortable and worked extremely well with our family and wedding guests. We truly had the most special day and are absolutely blown away by the memories Emily and team have captured for us to look back on for a lifetime. As my mother simply put it, "Emily is a world class photographer." Thank you!!!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Krista C

Emily is an incredibly talented photographer and organized business woman, which make her THE gal for your big day. Hiring her for our engagement and wedding photos was a decision I'd make over and over again. Not only does she take beautiful photos, but she is extremely... Read More organized and communicative; she sent valuable timeline and planning materials well in advance, had a couple of prep calls with us beforehand, and overall, Emily gave me confidence that the day would go smoothly and on-time. On our wedding day, Emily and her second shooter, Nick, made us feel beautiful, comfortable, and they captured all of the best candid moments without being obtrusive. They also worked SEAMLESSLY with our video team, Squareware studios (who Emily recommended on her preferred vendors). My husband will never forget Emily's preparedness, as she gave him an emergency Kind bar when he was hangry :) She's one of the best in the biz and made us so happy -- we have received endless complements on our photos!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Megan H

Working with Emily and her team was an amazing experience. Planning an east coast wedding while living on the west coast had its challenges, but Emily took much of the stress out of the situation. She was accommodating in allowing us to do most of our meetings over the phone or... Read More through email and made sure we had all of the important details despite the distance between us. Emily was incredibly organized during the planning process, making sure to have regular check-ins with us and recording all of the information we discussed in a shared document. She even went out of her way to explore locations around our venue and came up with some gorgeous locations for photographs. On our wedding day, Emily and her team made us feel completely at ease. She provided us with a sense of organization that allowed us to sit back and enjoy our day. Emily had a plan in place for every situation, and we did not have to worry about how photography would be incorporated into our schedule. From the church, to traveling, to the reception, we loved having Emily and her assistant Nick by our sides. Even our guests can’t stop raving about how much they enjoyed their company! By the end of the night, they truly felt like family. From the sneak peek to the entire set of photos, our pictures are stunning and we are so excited to have them as memories to cherish forever. Even after our wedding day, we’ve enjoyed the experience of creating our photo album and choosing pictures with Emily. The professional guidance and poise provided by Emily and her team is unmatched and the quality of their work is amazing. They truly put their heart into their art and strive to make a personal connection with their clients. We are so thankful for their talent and commitment, and would 100% recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Courtney M

Emily Wren and her associate photographers were highly professional and a pleasure to work with. I am a professional designer and work with photographers often so I knew exactly what to look for. A portfolio with high quality images taken with flash and with natural light. A... Read More lot of photographers excel at one or the other, leaving photos looking overexposed or blurry. I wouldn't accept anything less than spectacular and that is what I found when working with them.

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Prudence C

We received all of the photos back from our wedding about a month ago and I don't even know how many times I've looked at them since then....they are so beautiful!! I had literally poured over hundreds of photos online looking for the perfect photographer for our wedding and... Read More when I came across Emily's work I knew the color, mood and overall editing of her photos was exactly what I wanted. Leading up to our wedding all communication was through Emily and she was so thorough and friendly and I really knew we were in great hands when we met with her in person. She is so on top of everything and a master at what she does. Emily's associate Gabby led the photography on our big day and along with associate Nick they did a fantastic job capturing all of the beautiful and fun elements of the day. They were a great team and didn't miss a beat. It's so fun getting to relive everything through the photos! Emily handled all editing of our images, and like I said, they are SO beautiful and I've received that same feedback unanimously. I don't know how I'm going to even begin to narrow them down to pick favorites to print or for an album...too many good ones! Cannot recommend Emily Wren & team any more highly!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Kristin A

We are so happy that we chose Emily Wren to photograph our wedding. The photos are absolutely gorgeous and Emily and her team were wonderful to work with! They made sure that we got the pictures we wanted while keeping in mind that it was our day to enjoy with friends and... Read More family as well. She was also extremely attentive and accommodating during the planning process. We had several phone meetings prior to the wedding day to make sure everything was planned out perfectly along with numerous email chains between Emily and our other vendors. The final package of photographs was ready very quickly and Emily has been great in providing editing and touch-ups as needed. All in all, going with Emily Wren is probably the best vendor decision we made for our wedding. We cannot recommend her highly enough!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Charlotte S

We absolutely loved working with Emily Wren Photography. Our photographer was actually her associate Lauri and she was awesome! She made the whole process easy, enjoyable, and was able to capture our day perfectly! My husband and I had never done a photoshoot before and she... Read More really put us at ease. I was so impressed with her ability to capture the moment authentically. Emily was great to work with on the office side of things and we received our photos right on time! I can't tell you how many compliments we get on all of our photos! I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Heidi Y

I couldn't be happier with our wedding photos! My husband and I contacted Emily and though she was busy the weekend of our wedding, she helped us get situated with her associate, Lauri. The two of them worked hard so that my husband and I are comfortable - and were so flexible... Read More when it come to what we wanted! Lauri took her time to get to know us throughout our engagement shoots and made us feel super relaxed even though we're not a huge fan of being in front of the camera. Even as we went through the long planning process, Lauri and Emily were in touch with us to make sure they were on the same page with us. It made our wedding day super easy and I honestly don't even remember seeing Lauri or the second shooter throughout the night because they were so good at capturing our day without getting in the way. We loved hanging with them all day! Emily then edited our photos, gave us a sneak peek in just a couple weeks after the wedding and got our full photos a month later - super quick! I'm really excited to work with her to create our wedding album and cannot stop looking at our photos - they're gorgeous!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Stephanie S

Emily Wren and her staff are simply the best. It was really important to my husband and I to find a photographer who could capture our wedding as if we were still in the moment. Emily and her team did just that. Our portraits are beautiful; our decor, ceremony and reception were... Read More captured flawlessly. Prior to the wedding date, Emily was very responsive to our inquiry and was extremely organized with documenting the photos that mattered. On the wedding day her and her staff had great energy which made us feel relaxed and ourselves. Her associates were wonderful and took amazing photos too. They even send you a fun USB of all of your photos in a memorable wooden box. We are so happy that they were part of our team and are excited to use them again for other life moments to come.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Cortney B

I could not be happier with Emily Wren Photography. From the moment we met Emily in her studio, we knew we wanted to work with her. She has such a calming nature about her and as a bride in the midst of wedding planning, it was so easy to see how she's be a perfect fit for us.... Read More She is also extremely professional and organized - also something you really need when planning. Right after we signed our contract with Emily, she immediately sent us a "what's next" email describing all we could expect coming up. This included scheduling our engagement shoot (which was AMAZING) as well as a timeline of when we'd connect next. Leading up to the wedding, she helped us organize the day, walk us through when & where we would capture our photos and even helped us with getting a permit to shoot photography in the park. On Wedding day, Emily & Gregg (Emily's husband and our videographer) were incredible. On time, so great with my family and helped the day run smoothly even with a large family portrait session, kids and tons of guests. Our sneak peek photos came quickly and our final photos did as well. We were stunned. They are so gorgeous and perfect. Our wedding video also left us speechless. We're so happy with our choice and we now have memories to last us a timetime that are even better than I could have imagined. Lastly, the thing all of our guests noticed was how passionate Emily's whole team was and how much fun they seemed to be having. They were a joy to work with.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Erin H

I honestly don't even know where to start with how wonderful Emily and her team are. She was recommended to me by my Maid of Honor who is a florist in the Philadelphia area and has worked a weddings with Emily in the past. It was the first vendor decision we had to make so we... Read More were a little hesitant to pull the trigger. My Maid of Honor told me "if Emily Wren is available, you need to book her. You will not be disappointed." She was absolutely right! Not only is Emily an amazingly talented photographer, she is extremely professional, organized and easy to work with. When we first started working together she clearly explained the process, the timing, what to expect, and possible watch outs from her experience. We had planning sessions by phone a few times before the wedding where she made sure she knew all of the photos and moments we wanted to capture. Her advice and suggestions during these meetings were particularly helpful. On the day of the wedding she showed up early, prepared and with a great attitude that made everyone feel comfortable. She kept us on track all day. You could tell Emily and her team were having fun and are passionate about what they do. We got our pictures back a little quicker than she had originally said, and my husband and I are beyond happy with them. We would work with Emily and team again in a heart beat. If there were an option to give her 6 stars, we would! Thank you Emily!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Quin A

Run, do not walk, to hire Emily Wren to shoot your wedding. Emily shot both our engagement photos and wedding and we only have received the wedding sneak peak back so far, but they are absolutely incredible! We loveee our engagement photos- Emily came all the way to NYC to take... Read More them! She was extremely attentive, very organized and so easy to work with. Your photographer will be with your all morning leading up until your ceremony- you definitely want someone you feel comfortable with capturing such intimate moments. She was not even the slightest bit obtrusive during the ceremony or reception and still captured such amazing photos. Her second-shooter Nick was also awesome and got super high-marks from the groomsmen and our family. Hiring Emily was one of the first wedding decisions we made, and definitely one of the best! Worth every penny. So looking forward to having her capture other exciting moments in our lives in the future!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Michelle M

Where do I begin?! Emily Wren is simply the most talented, inspiring and incredible photographer you could hire for your wedding. My new husband and I could not have been happier about our decision to book Emily to photograph our recent wedding at the beautiful Inn at Barley... Read More Sheaf Farm (7/7/17). I knew from the first phone call that she was the right person for us, and she exceeded our hopes and expectations! Emily and her assistant photographer Nick were so incredible to work with, and we cannot wait to see our final photos, which we know will be amazing! The preview she sent us was so incredibly beautiful -- we couldn't believe it!! We were completely blown away by the photos Emily took of us at our engagement session at Hortulus Farm - we couldn't have loved them more. She has an incredible eye and loves to incorporate trees and nature into her photography, and the results are simply stunning!! On top of being such an amazing photographer, Emily is incredibly sweet and fun and so professional and easy to work with - she makes the entire process a complete joy, and you will feel so happy and blessed to work with her. On top of it all, she and Nick completely won over all of our family and guests at the wedding - we felt like they were a part of the family! You will be so lucky if you are able to book Emily Wren for your wedding - don't hesitate!!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Lindsey D

Where do I start?! I was recommended Emily by our venue's staff and also by my "farmer-florist", I took a look at the photos she had done for a previous wedding at the same venue and they were beautiful, however it wasn't until I had my first consultation with Emily that I... Read More totally knew she was going to be even more amazing to work with than her pictures show. We decided to do engagement photos, I definitely recommend (especially if you are as awkward as me in photos). Emily makes you feel so comfortable, and was totally able to catch onto our vibe right away. Knowing all of that before our wedding day made it as stress free as it could have been. I completely trusted her to take whatever (little) guidance I gave her to capture our wedding day, and she went above and beyond. Emily and her husband Gregg along with the rest of her crew were beyond amazing - the photos turned out more than we could have ever hoped for in quality and content. Every time I share my photos everyone responds "we can just see how much fun this wedding was" and it was!! On our honeymoon I said "we should've flown Emily and Gregg out here to take pictures!" stil regret that :) We opted for the Little Photo Tower (super cute, everyone loved it) and also video which was a done by Gregg (NO WORDS, AMAZING, did I say that word enough?) If you are looking for really really beautiful and amazing quality photos by a genuinely friendly, talented, experienced person (with a crew to match) - you are looking in the right place! We <3 you!! - Ryan & Lindsey

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Leslie R

When my now-husband and I started wedding planning, we sat down separately and wrote down five things that were most important to each of us. We got together and narrowed down the ten things and looked for overlap. We came up with our golden list of to top three things that were... Read More most important to us. Memories to look back on was our top priority. Weddings can get expensive quickly and it's one day, but it'll be hands down the best day of your life. I spent countless hours researching to find the best photographer in our area that we could afford. After coming upon so many gorgeous photos from Emily Wren Photography, I reached out to her on a whim thinking there was no way that someone with her talent could fit my budget. To our surprise it worked! A few emails later and I knew Emily and her team were the ones for us! We did our engagement shoot with her associate, Colleen. (She also was our second shooter on our wedding day. We couldn't not have her!) Colleen has a talent that is very hard to find. Her ability to capture candid, real, raw emotions is unlike anyone you'll find in the wedding industry. Emily and Colleen went out of their way to meet with us at our venue months before the date on a late weekday evening to help us pick our outdoor ceremony location to make sure the lighting would be perfect for The Big Day. They looked at our linen samples and gave us their opinions. My husband and I met with Emily a few times and kept in contact with her during the entirety of our planning process. She is very relaxed and organized. The amount of time she was willing to give us was more than we could have asked for. I don't believe there is a wedding photographer out there with a portfolio like hers, the humbleness that she has, and the dedication she has to her clients. Before the wedding, I got in a last-minute boudoir session with Emily as part of my wedding gift to my husband. I think going into your first boudoir session every woman is nervous. Emily made me feel so comfortable in my own skin. I had so much fun letting my guard down. I think it was also a great way to build a relationship with Emily as a photographer before our wedding since we did our engagement shoot with Colleen. On our wedding day, Emily arrived early during makeup and hair and managed to some how capture all of this beauty out of the sheer chaos in my house. I don't know how she did it. Unlike other photographers I’ve seen at the weddings I’ve attended, Emily lets the day flow naturally. She’s not stopping you as you’re walking up the isle trying to get the perfect shot. She just hangs back and gets everything. From before everyone arrives until the end of the reception, she captured our favorite moments and all the crazy fun our guests had when we weren’t looking. I cannot say enough good things about Emily. Her work speaks volumes, but her dedication to YOU and your wedding sets her far apart from everyone else. And to top it all off, she dealt with me when I forgot my wallet on literally every occasion, except the engagement shoot!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Elizabeth D

Emily Wren was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was so organized and on top of everything. All of our family and many of our guests talked about how wonderful she was at the wedding. We absolutely loved our wedding photos and she got them out to us so quickly!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Jamie W

Emily and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process. From the beginning, I felt like I was in really good hands working with Emily - she is professional, talented, knowledgable, calm, and confident. Emily never forgot to... Read More respond to an email nor did she miss a scheduled call. The week before the wedding, Emily sent an email just making sure all of the details were in order. I really can't say enough great things about her! On our actual wedding day, Emily and her assistant Kelly were incredible. They showed up on time and prepared, and they worked so hard to get every shot we wanted. They made everyone feel relaxed and comfortable the entire time. We caught the most beautiful day, and the energy was so great. I knew the photos would be amazing and I was so excited to receive them. Our wedding photos are so very beautiful!! Emily and Kelly captured such a wonderful mix of raw emotion and love. We are so grateful for their talent and dedication, and we would highly recommend hiring Emily Wren to anyone who asks.

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Amy T

Searching for vendors can be a tedious process, but everything with Emily and her team was smooth sailing from the start. Emily was so personable, and we were so appreciative of the time and effort she and her team put into helping us plan our wedding day timeline, choosing... Read More locations in downtown Philadelphia for photos, and even in designing our album after the wedding. On the day of the wedding we worked with Emily's two associates, Gabby and Nick. They were beyond our expectations! Nick had the entire bridal party laughing even as we were taking photos in freezing temperatures, and Gabby helped calm me down as I stressed over our tight timeline. One of the best decisions we made by far for the wedding was having Emily, Gabby, and Nick capture our day. Thank you!

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Jessie L

Emily was the best vendor we booked for our wedding! Not only is she an incredible photographer with beautiful natural lighting, but she is so calming and genuine. My wedding day was pretty chaotic - we were running very behind all day - and Emily kept everyone calm and made... Read More sure we got all of the pictures we wanted. When the bus wasn't there on time to take me to my first look, she hopped in a cab with me and even put my veil in herself. Her meticulous organization up front made it all possible. You can tell she not only cares about capturing amazing pictures of your special day, but also cares about her clients having the best day of their lives. It meant everything to us!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Jaclyn Z

You don't have to look any further. Emily Wren and her associates are everything we were looking for in a wedding photographer- talented, attentive, timely, professional and easy to work with. Lauri shot our engagement photos/wedding photos and could not have been a better fit.... Read More She was able to capture every moment with perfect percision but it still felt effortlessly authentic. We are still getting compliments on our photos. Do yourself a favor and book Emily Wren, or any of her team members. They do not disappoint.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Krystle R

While living in Philadelphia, I became friends with Emily’s husband Gregg and learned about his wife’s photography business. I remember looking at her photos and thinking “how stunning!” When my now husband proposed and the wedding planning began, I immediately thought to hire... Read More Emily Wren Photography for our big day. They were so accommodating, especially given the fact that we were now living in the New York area. We video chatted for our first “meet” and immediately felt comfortable. On the day of our wedding, Emily, Gregg and her team were absolutely amazing to work with! They were very easy going, funny, gave great direction and moved things along quickly. Every person in my wedding party raved about the team, and I couldn’t agree more. They went as far as walking in the water to get the perfect shots! We received our sneak peek (which was way more photos than we expected) in such a short time and the entire suite of pictures within a month – and they are STUNNING! We received our videos shortly after, and are absolutely in love! I highly recommend Emily Wren Photography and hope to work with them again some day!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Brittany S

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Emily and her associates. We used Emily (and Nick) for both our engagement and wedding photos and are so thrilled with the final product! Aside from our beautiful photos, she was beyond easy to work with and so helpful... Read More throughout the entire planning process. She kept our wedding day running smoothly by helping us to organize a photography timeline well in advance, was always easy to contact, and always responded promptly to our many emails. We would not hesitate to hire Emily again!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 KELLY R

Emily was such a joy to work with! She is an extremely talented photographer and brings such a high level of artistry and romanticism to her work. On our very first phone call, I could tell Emily would bring a sense of calm to our wedding day. Our engagement photo session and... Read More portrait sessions felt very relaxed and comfortable and never forced. Anytime I mentioned that Emily was our photographer, I received an “Oo” or an “Aww” and I knew that we were in good hands. Her team was wonderful. I can’t say enough nice things about them. They were all very professional, courteous, and also constantly had us smiling and laughing! By the end of the night our friends were requesting photos with them. I received so many compliments after the wedding about Emily, Gregg and the rest of the team and how great they were. And now I’m receiving so many compliments on how amazing the photos turned out. Thank you all so much for making our wedding day so special! I wish we could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Kyle M

We got Emily's name from a friend who used her for their wedding, so we knew going into wedding planning that she was great and we loved her work, but we were not prepared for just how WONDERFUL Emily and her team are. From the first email to our wedding day, Emily was... Read More professional, responsive, thoughtful and kind. We always felt like we were talking to a friend, rather than a vendor who had a bunch of other couples to deal with too. She helped answer questions and made us feel comfortable every step of the way. My husband and I both hate being the center of attention, which is obviously difficult to avoid on your wedding day, but Emily and her partner Nick made everything feel so natural and easy. I can't recommend her enough - if you're looking for the best photographer out there, Emily is your gal!