Emily Wren Photography

Philadelphia, PA

Simple & Fresh

Using art and photojournalism as a foundation, Emily captures images that narrate your story and show your love for one another. The result is a simple and fresh aesthetic, rich in narrative images and telling details. Emily has been featured in Martha Stewart Magazine, The Knot Magazine and SMP.

Artistic, Documentary

1639 N. Hancock St, Philadelphia, PA

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Jill B

If you want to love your photos, choose Emily! Emily Wren Photography was recommended to me, and when I checked out her work I knew right away that she's one of the best! Even in our initial interactions she was so sweet and really spent time finding out what exactly we were... Read More looking for with our photos. She was so informative, responsive and super fun to talk to. I actually learned a lot in the process! Emily set up all necessary phone conversations and responded too ALL of my emails super fast. Her organization of everything was exceptional. Throughout the process, her excitement and ideas made me so excited. On the wedding day, Emily was so collected among many frazzled girls getting ready, and many guests arriving/scattering around the venue. We all looked up to her as a professional, yet she also felt like a friend and made us feel so comfortable, especially John and I. She kept us on schedule, but kept the fun going as well. Her team member was amazing, too (and so funny!). After the wedding Emily sent us our sneak peek photos right away, and they were more beautiful than I'd even hoped for. I had no doubts about Emily, but she truly went above and beyond. Thanks to Emily Wren Photography, we'll forever have beautiful memories captured with such thoughtfulness. She gave us everything we wanted and more. Thank you Emily!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Jana K

Book Emily Wren today for your wedding! To start, she is an incredible photographer. Every single photograph from our engagement session and our wedding sneak peek are absolutely amazing. She is able to capture the smallest moments that make a wedding day perfect without being... Read More intrusive and without feeling that there is a camera in your face for 12 hours. Her photographs could not be more perfect! She is so calm, caring and professional. She is attentive to detail and is so organized. She is amazing with correspondence and met with me multiple times throughout this year during the planning process. Emily truly is one in a million and I highly highly recommended her to everyone!! You will not be disappointed and she is worth the investment since these photos last a lifetime! She is perfection!

We recommend you book her... now!

Reviewed on 4/14/2014 Amy K

We're going to start this review by saying you should be booking Emily Wren photography for your wedding. Her photography is elegant, modern and timeless. She captures the little moments and the energy surrounding your big day. We had the honor of taking our engagement... Read More photos in NYC and Brooklyn. Emily was game for the job and we ran all over NYC with her and her second shooter. The photos are beautiful and we just want to frame them all! For our wedding, we only received our 'sneak peek' but they are gorgeous. She is quick thinking and found us an inside location within a few days notice...given that it poured on our wedding day. She knows how to work with family members and to get everyone looking their best.

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Great to work with, even better photos. We truly enjoyed working with Emily.

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Allison B

mily is amazing. Her photographs speak for themselves. We were immediately drawn to the way she creates these beautiful pictures, but the more important thing is how relaxed Emily is. My husband and I were not excited about the prospect of being the center of attention and felt... Read More awkward thinking about posing for pictures. It turns out that it really matters WHO is taking those pictures. Emily is warm, totally responsive, and the awkward just melts away. I am so happy that we did engagement pictures with her, because we were that much more confident that our wedding photographs would capture *us*, minus all the awkwardness. The wedding pictures are, in fact, gorgeous. We have pictures of every single detail and person that we wanted documented. Emily really listens about what you're interested in capturing in the day and does it beautifully.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Laura L

There is no better wedding photographer than Emily Wren. Working with Emily was the warmest and easiest experience of my wedding experience. She had so a many great ideas for places in Philadelphia to take our wedding photos. Her services Go above and beyond. She captured every... Read More special moment and more of the whole evening. I got the sweetest wooden USB box gift, amazing photo album and prints all from Emily. I wish I had more special occasions in my life to hire her for! I have already recommended her to all my friends getting married!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Emily Wren was an absolute joy to work with! We loved her calm demeanor, and the planning she worked with us to do before hand made the day a breeze, allowing us to focus on spending time with guests and enjoying the day. Numerous guests told us how impressed they were with... Read More Emily and her assistant, Nick. Now that we have received our photos we are overjoyed with the way that Emily captured the emotions of the day. There isn't a single person who has seen our photos who has not been blown away. We would not hesitate to recommend Emily Wren photography.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

I'm going to cut to the chase - Emily was absolutely amazing. If she is free on your day, you'd be really missing out if you didn't book with her. She came highly recommended from my wedding planner (Lynda Barness- also wonderful), who has obviously done hundreds of... Read More weddings in the past and had nothing but great things to say about Emily. But my expectations were exceeded by leaps and bounds. First, let me say that Emily is a wonderful human being and a true artist. She is so unbelievably talented at what she does, so as far as the photography goes she is an A+. But as any bride planning for her big day knows, it's not just about talent, but also about professionalism and responsiveness. You want to be able to hire someone and KNOW that they are on every detail concerning them so you don't have to be worried about it. Emily was exactly all of those things- even through the super busy "wedding season" over spring and summer, she was very responsive and had all of her ducks in a row. About a month and a half before the big day, Emily emailed me with a link to detail exactly who I wanted in which photos and the different groupings I wanted to get on the big day - a huge help. Our ceremony went about 20 mins over schedule, but because Emily was so prepared and organized, we were still able to finish up our photos on time and make it (early!) to our cocktail hour (also highly recommend going to cocktail hour if you can- get A LOT of hello's out of the way there). The bottom line is that I simply cannot recommend Emily enough.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Emily is amazing! Leading up to the wedding, Emily was professional and very organized. Emily is easy to get ahold of and quickly responds to emails. She helped us come up with locations for our engagement photos. She understood us and the types of locations that reflected... Read More us/our relationship. During our shoot (both engagement and wedding), she did a great job to capture our ceremony, reception and overall feeling of the evening. We love looking at our pictures. We instantly feel like we’re back at the ceremony and reception. We have received many great comments about Emily from our guests. Emily was perfect, photos turned out awesome, and we highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Emily W

Where do I start? Emily & her team were the dream team. So flexible, so professional, so relaxed, so fun! My husband and I were a little anxious--not used to being photographed and wanting the pictures to come out well. Emily & Gabby were amazing, they created this chill,... Read More effortless atmosphere where the pictures look completely natural and you can fully sense the love and joy from them! You almost forgot they were there at times, blending and weaving in and out of the crowds taking amazing candids during the ceremony. For our engagement shoot, Emily was beyond willing to travel to NYC for us and for our wedding she took the lead on finding the perfect place for our first look. She was calm and in charge corralling our families for photos and provided just the right amount of humor and encouragement during the first look and leading up to the ceremony. After spending such an incredible day we were dying to see our pictures. Emily provided us with our sneak peak within a week--we got them on our honeymoon and it was such a treat to review the memories on our trip. The final photos came on a flash drive in this gorgeous engraved wood box which is a memento as its own. There is no pressure from the team to purchase or be pushed into packages or features you don't want. It was very easy and very customizable. So many people told us that planning a wedding was the most fun you'll never want to have again, but honestly with the team from Emily Wren Photography, it was effortless and a BLAST and we would 100% do it again. Even though we were based in NYC, planning for our photography was never an issue, Emily was always available via email or phone and had everything organized to a T! Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Emily Wren Photography came highly recommended from our close friends, who had booked Emily for their wedding - and, we later found out, two other sets of friends subsequently booked Emily for their own weddings! We could not have been happier with Emily Wren Photography. Emily... Read More is professional, warm, and skilled at what she does. She worked with us from afar - we lived and were married in the Washington DC area - and was always communicative, available, and clearly interested in working to understand our needs and preferences as a couple. It was so important to us to know that any time we wrote to Emily, we were sure to receive a thoughtful reply. Working with Emily has been a very positive experience. Emily and her second shooter Nick were incredibly fun to work with on our wedding day. They managed the logistics of a tight schedule flawlessly, capturing all of the portraits we requested in a way that felt fun and celebratory - and numerous guests commented to us that they enjoyed the way our photographers interacted with them throughout the wedding! Our photos turned out magically. We had a few requests for specific photos and Emily and Nick honored each of them, such as taking photos at sunset and beneath sparklers at the end of the evening. We are thrilled with the quality of the pictures we received, and truly do think Emily and Nick did a wonderful job of capturing such special moments in our lives. We are about to begin the process of putting together our album, and cannot wait to see the finished product. We can't thank Emily Wren Photography enough for capturing the essence of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Brittany S

Emily did an outstanding job on our family session! She came to our house to take photos of myself, boyfriend and our 5 week old baby girl. She was professional, laid back, and extremely patient as our little one was a little fussy. Emily is friendly, easy to talk too and we... Read More felt as though she was a friend hanging out, which we feel is important! Emily captured our little family perfectly and we were blown away when we received our images! She was a joy to work with!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Kelsey B

Emily and her team are just simply amazing. Our photos are treasures we will have for the rest of our lives. Emily is professional, creative, and SO friendly! She made the whole experience easy and seamless. She was very accommodating - driving a long way to shoot our engagement... Read More photos and also working around the Pope's schedule when he came to Philadelphia during our wedding weekend! I can not thank Emily enough for making our day so special and for truly capture our wedding! Thank you Emily!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Marion -

Now that it’s a few months after our wedding, I can more fully appreciate the significant role of photography in capturing the memories of the day. We made an excellent decision when we chose Emily Wren as our photographer. Every aspect of our experience was fantastic, but here... Read More are a few things I would highlight: • Perhaps most important of all, the photos are beautiful! We wanted to have photos that were not only high in quality but also natural looking and with an eye for detail. Emily has an artistic eye and will take photos that you will treasure. • Emily will make you feel at ease right away. Part of why I chose Emily was that I felt like she understood what we were looking for from our very first phone call. On the day of our wedding, she made us feel very comfortable. Neither my husband nor I are the kind of people who tend to be relaxed in front of the camera, but Emily was able to give us some clear direction and tips, and the shots came out very natural looking. • Emily is very organized. I felt that she had a solid plan for how the photography would proceed over the course of the day and that she was on top of getting all the necessary shots of family and friends while also being able to capture the spontaneous moments. Her organizational skills made me feel confident and I didn’t worry at all about the photography during the wedding. • On top of all of the above, Emily is a kind person. There are many examples of this, but perhaps the best one is the sensitive way in which she worked with a relative of my husband’s who has a serious illness to get photos of her. This relative cannot pose for photos in the way that many others can, so Emily found ways to get photos of this person who is important to us without making her feel uncomfortable. We will be forever grateful for her kindness in this regard. We would enthusiastically recommend Emily to anyone and are confident you will be very pleased with her.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Josh L

My now wife and I were drawn to Emily's portfolio while we were searching for our wedding photographer back in November/December last year. We were drawn to the artistic post processing of the images, and of course the composition and the moments caught on the photos we saw... Read More were spot on. However, Emily's standard pricing was a little out of range. Emily so kindly referred to her associate in Gabby, and long story short, we had a great time with Gabby and the 2nd photographer (shoot I can't remember his name, but he was also awesome and made everyone laugh) and the photos turned out great. And Emily was great in coordinating all communication and her method of preparing for the event is very thorough but not overwhelming. The whole process was done in a very friendly and professional way. All our friends and family loved the photos, and my wife's 81 year old grandmom looked at the photos on her computer every day for weeks after we sent it to her. Looking forward to getting them printed in albums for ourselves and our parents.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Ashley R

We could not be happier that we chose Emily Wren Photography to capture our wedding day. Our shooters made us feel so comfortable and at ease on the wedding day. We were able to relax and enjoy the day, knowing they were capturing every moment. They were great at getting all the... Read More shots we wanted, while still letting the day unfold naturally. From the very beginning of the planning process Emily was flexible and accommodating. She worked with us to get a package that fit our needs within our budget. She also created a timeline and assisted with a shot list to make sure everything ran smoothly and we got all of the pictures we wanted. We honestly can't recommend them enough. Book them, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

My husband and I had a terrific experience with Emily Wren and couldn't be happier with our engagement and wedding photos. It was such a pleasant experience working with Emily. She is kind, extremely professional, well organized, and even made us feel comfortable being in front... Read More of the camera. Our wedding had events honoring multiple cultural traditions -- Hindu and Catholic -- and Emily and her associate photographers captured those events exquisitely. We also loved the personalized wooden box she mailed us promptly after our wedding, containing a flash drive with all of our wedding photos. Her ability to creatively capture the feel of a moment within a photograph and convey a story with those photographs is truly impressive!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 S B

I cannot recommend Emily Wren Photography more highly! The photographs are beyond beautiful! I am blown away by how well the photos capture the warmth and joy that we felt throughout the weekend. The photographs reflect exactly what we hope people will remember of the weekend:... Read More the fun, the love, the details I spent so many months planning, the supportive community. The artistry in all the photos is remarkable. To say that we will treasure these photos is an understatement! I had a big wedding (about 300 people) and she really captured everyone! With her direction and leadership, we were able to get all the large family and group photos (e.g. high school friends, college friends) that we wanted. Also, our wedding was indoors in a large ballroom. She navigated the large space effortlessly and discretely. The indoor photos are golden and full of light despite the actual room being a bit dark. I do not know how she did it! Amazing! Her second shooter (Nick) did a fantastic job as well. Emily was an absolute joy to work with. I felt like she was on our team from the beginning: supportive of our ideas, flexible, and generous with her time and expertise from our first meeting (even before we hired her!). I'm so grateful that she was our photographer. Hiring her will be the best decision you make for your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 A and B

We loved working with Emily. Emily was very responsive and communicative, easy to work with, and takes fantastic photos! We also loved Emily's causal, low-key vibe. She just blends in to the wedding and party while also capturing great moments, being available for a quick... Read More impromptu shot, and providing just the right amount of direction for posed photos. Some of our guests commented to us on what a nice presence she had, and we couldn't agree more. We have already recommended Emily to others, enthusiastically, and they have been just as pleased! Thank you Emily for these tremendous photographs.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Samantha K

Emily and her team were such an important part of our wedding, I can't even express my gratitude a year later. Neither myself or my husband are comfortable getting pictures taken but she helped us relax and be at ease throughout the entire event - and the pictures are stunning... Read More as a result! All of our photos look incredible and organic, nothing is forced or disingenuous, and we love how they keep popping up on wedding sites like this :) Emily was lovely to work with, extremely talented, and beyond reasonably priced. Absolutely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

My husband and I are so happy we selected emily to be a part of our wedding day. We had such an amazing time getting to know her over the past year. As soon as we met her we knew she was a perfect match for us! She was willing to travel all the way to sunny Florida to take our... Read More engagement photos which turned out amazing! Emily boarded a boat, road a bike and got wet in the ocean all to capture the perfect pictures that were so beautiful! I couldn't pick just one to use for our save the date! Emily also helped us in creating our custom three fold save the date! We received so many complements on it and I am so happy with how it came out. I also had Emily help me with a gift for my parents...with her help I was able to completely re do my parents wedding album and give them a completely new updated version as a gift to them on my wedding day! It turned out so good and my parents were in tears when I gave it to them. When our wedding day finally came we had Emily there for the whole weekend from the rehearsal dinner all the way to the last dance! All of our bridal party, family and friends loved emily and her assistant and said they were the most respectful but fun photographers they ever had at a wedding. We have received our sneak peak pictures and I can't stop looking at them! She captured all of our day so naturally just as we wanted! We were even dealing with our photography locations being closed due to the Popes visit the following week but she already had alternate locations picked out that I think turned out even better then the original spots! I am so so excited to get the entire wedding weekend pictures. We are so happy with Emily's work!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Jennifer S

Emily helped make our wedding day pure perfection. Her vision is not only incredible, but impeccable. From her professionalism on the day of the wedding, to the positive praise from our sneak peek, and the ultimate rave reviews from family & friends when we received our full... Read More wedding album, we couldn't imagine a more perfect photographer. Thank you, Emily, for the gift of a lifetime.

Emily Wren Photography

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Danielle G

We were so lucky to find Emily to photograph our wedding in May 2015! She was so easy to work with and was great at really managing and directing everyone for the pictures. She didn't make us too pose-y or unnatural looking and the sites she chose for our outdoor pictures were... Read More just what we wanted. Emily and her second shooter, Nick, were easy going and fun, yet completely professional and knowledgeable about their task at hand. We completely trusted them to capture the moments we wanted. Overall, the pictures were beautiful, especially of the bridal party, and we couldn't have been happier with the result. We highly recommend Emily and hope we can use her again for other life events!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015

We had an incredible experience with Emily and her crew, from the first email to the final picture reveal. Emily was actually booked for the day of our wedding, but she referred us to her associate, Colleen Stepanian, who talked with me on the phone to get a feel for who I was... Read More and what I was looking for, and to let me get to know her. Engagement photos came with our package, and at first we weren't going to take advantage of them, but I'm so glad we did! It gave us a chance to meet Colleen in person and gave her a better idea of the dynamic between my fiance and I. Colleen was so easy going that it made what could be an awkward experience very enjoyable. On the day of the wedding, Colleen was AMAZING! She was prompt, professional, and so calm. The best part about shooting with her was her flexibility; she just went with the flow and never made it feel like she was controlling the day. We did not want to do a ton of posed pictures, but also didn't want to do a first look, and she was so understanding, letting us take a few to have, but working with us to get us to our reception cocktail hour on time. I've literally had countless people comment to me over the weeks since our wedding about how amazing and professional Colleen was. Everyone, even people not in the wedding party, had great things to say. Lastly, the final edits of the photos are simply gorgeous. Emily did a phenomenal job of capturing the spirit of our wedding and editing the pictures in a way that gave us great memories of every detail. Could not have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 5/22/2015 Kaylin C

As an NYC-based wedding singer, I have gotten to see some pretty awesome weddings and photographs, and I knew I would be picky when it came to planning my own. There are so many people to choose from online, but Emily's work really spoke for itself. Even my husband, who had... Read More thought he wouldn't have an opinion, saw a difference when he saw her photos! She was so great to work with, professional, funny, caring, and we weren't disappointed with a single photo. You will be in superb hands if you entrust your wedding memories to her talents!