Emily's Cafe & Catering

We travel up to 1 hour in any direction from Pennington, NJ.

Detail Oriented Wedding and Event Planning

From the moment you say “yes,” the event planning team at Emily’s Cafe and Catering will work closely with you to tailor a menu that reflects your personal taste and style. Seasonal menus, featuring local organic and artisan products along with detail oriented organization of rentals and set up and our experienced staff make your day seamless and unique.

Food + Catering

9 North Main Street, Pennington, NJ We travel up to 1 hour in any direction from Pennington, NJ. (609) 730-1010

Can't say enough good things about Emily's Catering

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Lara G

I cannot say enough good things about Emily's Catering. More specifically - Samantha and Jason were amazing for our October 26 wedding at the 1850s River House! Samantha was so helpful in organizing all the details of our wedding beforehand, and Jason (our point person for the... Read More day) was just beyond incredible in executing everything at our wedding exactly the way we wanted it. Before the wedding, even when Jason was trying to get everything together, he still would stop what he was doing to address any of my questions or concerns. After the ceremony, despite everything he was doing, he made sure we had food to eat during our pictures. First of all, we had SO many compliments on the food. People have told us that nothing can compare now to the risotto that they had at our wedding - and I'd have to agree with that! Besides that, I am gluten free and Samantha and Jason made sure that there were a ton of options for me, including delicious gluten free desserts. At the end of the night, there was a box a gluten free desserts sitting at my seat for me to take home. Next, they set everything up exactly the way we wanted it. Before the ceremony, we had an inkling that there weren't enough chairs set up, and Jason stopped what he was doing to bring more chairs to the front. Also, the decorations during the cocktail hour and then in the tent for our reception looked perfect. Lastly, all of the servers and bartenders were warm and friendly. We couldn't have asked for more from a caterer. Not sure how Emily's does it all with their reasonable prices, but I will recommend them to any friend, and hope to use them again myself, in the future!!! Thank you Samantha and Jason!!! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day, and owe it to you guys!

Catering

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Annalise D

Thank-you

Great caterers....

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Lori H

Loved their food and aesthetic! Would highly recommend Emily's for your next event!!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Jessica C

Emily's Cafe and Catering was amazing! They're food and service was superb. Christina made planning my wedding a breeze, and the staff the day of was awesome. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Laura D

We got married at a private venue & Emily's Cafe was spectacular. They made delicious, gourmet appetizers and a wonderful family style menu. The staff were warm, friendly and hardworking. They made sure my wife and I got plenty of food on our wedding day, despite the... Read More chaos. They brought out kids meals for the little ones immediately after everyone was seated. In addition to food, they also brought various useful signs and a frame to hand all our escort cards from. Many guests raved about how delicious everything was. Great value for the money. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Jenn S

I worked with Emily's for my wedding last Sunday. They were amazing! The food was unbelievable and the staff was great. Christina was my point person and she was wonderful throughout the entire process. She made it so easy for me and had an answer to every question. I only... Read More have positive things to say and so did all my guests.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Chelsea W

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! The food was fantastic! But even more so, the amazing staff at Emily's made the craziness of planning so much easier. They are easy to talk to, they are understanding, and very versed in this wedding stuff. There is nothing they won't try to do or help... Read More you to accomplish for your big day. They have that warm family feel that I wanted for our wedding. They made everything beautiful. They set up and took down everything. I did not need to worry about anything the day of. I don't know what I would have done without them!! Also. Their food is fantastic. Did I say that already? From cornbread to the kale salad, fish tacos and pulled brisket sandwiches. Everything was amazing. Also they work with an A+ baker! They knew how much we wanted a three tier cake and we were trying to cut costs so we were planning on a two tier and a large sheet cake for serving, but they surprised me with it the day of. I couldn't have asked more from the staff at Emily's, from the amazing day of coordinator to the servers and bartenders. Fantastic all around. If I could give 10 stars I would.

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Anne F

We loved working with Emily's Cafe and Catering for our entire wedding weekend. We worked with them to plan our rehearsal dinner, cocktail hour, reception dinner and wedding cake. The staff and service were wonderful and our guests were raving about the food the entire weekend.... Read More I would highly recommend Emily's if you are looking for a caterer.

Reviewed on 11/25/2016

Wow - Where do I even start? This review is for their catering for our wedding on October 15, 2015 at the Morris Museum. Everything from the first email with Jennifer to the day of, everything was even more perfect than we could have imagined. We felt like we were going in... Read More completely blind, but Jennifer walked us through everything via email and for our in-person meetings - keeping us on budget and delivering everything we wanted. We had passed hors d'oeuvres and a buffet dinner; nice and casual, but still upscale and spot on for a wedding. The food was so incredible and we received compliments on everything. It all tasted so fresh and everything was seasonal, which is exactly what we wanted. Even the cake was the best!! We wanted something unique, so we had a carrot cake/spice cake with cream cheese frosting that was sooo good and beautiful! On the day of, they thought of all the extra little details and we were so impressed with their set up. Everything looked better than I could have hoped for. Last but not least, Jennifer is an absolutely wonderful person to work with! Everything was seamless and she was always one step ahead of us through the reception - made a plate of our passed hors d'oeuvres and a plate from our buffet so we didn't miss anything! Everyone always tells me you'll forget to eat and drink on your wedding day - Jennifer made sure we didn't miss out! Thank you so much for making our wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Lauren R

Emily's did an amazing job with my wedding. Our guests are still raving about our food. We worked with Jennifer, who was wonderful to work with throughout the process and made sure the day went smoothly, I would definitely recommend Emily's!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Ashley G

Emily 's Cafe and Catering helped to make our wedding day an amazing experience! From the very beginning of my wedding planning process I had dealt with Christina, one of the catering managers, who was such a great help and always had an answer to whatever question I had for... Read More her. Everything from the excellent menu to the delicious drinks served by such an awesome staff, I couldn't have asked for better quality. Everyone from Emily's Catering, especially Christina, we're the real stars of the show! Thank you so much for helping to make the day even better than I could ever have imagined!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Katie M

I can't put into words what a phenomenal experience it was working with Emilys Cafe! Jenniffer was there every step of. The way and really doubled as a wedding planner! She went above and beyond to make our wedding day so special! I am so appreciative of all her hard work. Not... Read More to mention, EVERYONE at our wedding complimented us on how phenomenal the food was, not to mention our cake (which we also did through Emilys) was hands down beautiful. I would recommend them to anyone getting married in the area.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Kelly E

Booking with Emily's Cafe & Catering is a must! From the beginning of the planning process to the execution the day of, Emily's catering is incredibly helpful, accommodating, and professional. Quality food was of utmost importance to my fiancé and I and our expectations were not... Read More only met, but exceeded. In addition, Emily's was truly accommodating in regards to my many food allergies, and took extreme caution and care to make sure I could eat and enjoy the food at the wedding, without sacrificing taste/quality. Throughout the night our guests were raving about the food and the quality of the wait staff/service. All of this could not have been achieved without the diligence of our catering manager/event planner Jennifer, who is incredible! She worked closely as a liaison between us and the chef, rental company, and our venue coordinator to make sure all our needs were met and everything ran smoothly from beginning to end. Jennifer, I can't thank you enough for all of your hardwork, organization, and flawless execution. The wedding was a dream come true, and I know it wouldn't have been the same without you! Lots of love, Kelly and Ben

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Megan B

Truly the best decision I made when planning my wedding. I cannot say enough about the food, the event manager Christina and the rest of the service staff. They made my wedding day perfect with excellent service and great attitudes. The price was also in budget, they didn't cut... Read More corners or anything and even coordinated my cake - which was delicious and awesome looking!!

Reviewed on 12/27/2015

Emily's is a small, quaint restaurant in our town, and when we started planning our wedding, we knew we would need a unique caterer who could offer us a southern style, comfort food buffet that still wowed the crowd. Emily's delivered not only on the food (I mean - REALLY... Read More delivered with people from the south loving it!) but also made the entire process enjoyable (and yummy!). I worked with Jenn and Christina and both ladies were attentive, easy-going and fun. We loved everything from Emily's!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Mary Lindsey H

Greatest experience. I live in Texas and was having a wedding in New Jersey, could have been stressful, but after finding Emily's Cafe and Catering, I didn't have to worry at all. Working with Jennifer through email and telephone was easy. They worked with me and my fiance... Read More throughout the process and allowed us to come taste test the food in the limited days we had while visiting for a weekend. The event went absolutely perfect, even though we were late at starting the ceremony as the hotel shuttle hit a lot of traffic. The food was delicious and Jennifer coordinated everything. She even brought me snacks during the cocktail hour to make sure I had something to eat and had drinks waiting for me and my husband as we ended out ceremony. I can't say enough how wonderful Jennifer was and how great Emily's Cafe and Catering was at preparing and serving and setting up the event

Delicious - and food that doubles as decor!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Meg C

Full disclosure: I've worked with Emily's Catering before on a couple other smaller events, so I was fully aware that the food was fabulous. They turned out to be sort of the unofficial caterer of the entire engagement/wedding process, in fact, doing a range of services. My... Read More mother booked them for the engagement party (private home, full service buffet staffing including bar service), my MOH booked them for my shower (event space, full buffet staffing but no bar), and we booked them for the wedding (cocktail hour, passed hors, seated meal, two bars). In all cases they rocked it! Delicious, delicious food, great service, and all so so beautifully presented, plus they were able to share fun little signs telling people which way to go, what the signature cocktails were, etc. It was really just lovely. We had an outdoor cocktail hour, and of course that was when the 20 minutes of rain for the entire day had to happen! But they rolled with it - just grabbed everything and scooted into the tent, and worked with my coordinator to rearrange the schedule and it worked out great. And ohmygod the cake. It was so pretty and so good - multiple flavors because we couldn't decide. They had kids meals that were a hit, and - big points here - were super accommodating about the various allergies we had among the guest list. Love them!

Made My Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Starr S

As soon as I saw their sample menus, I had a feeling Emily's was going to be the one. I still contacted several other caterers, but months later I still hadn't heard back from all of them. I got a response from Samantha within an hour of e-mailing them! And the more I heard, the... Read More more I liked them. So we went in for a tasting and were totally blown away. Their food is spectacular! I worked with Jennifer through the whole planning process. I don't think I could have pulled this wedding off without her! She went with us to the party rental place and helped us pick out everything we needed, and from there she handled everything to do with the rentals. I didn't even have to think about it -- they got it all there and set it all up! Not only that, but she also took care of the liquor purchase for us. We never even had to contact the liquor store ourselves; she took care of everything! She also sat down with us and helped us figure out exactly how the day was going to do, and when we would do what. And she drew up a table arrangement/seating chart for us. Then, when the wedding day came, she coordinated everything! By the time we arrived at the vineyard, there were already cute little signs up and they were hard at work setting up chairs and tables. Jennifer made everything happen. Everyone was in love with the food, especially the hors d'oeuvres. They also made us a beautiful cutting cake and a whole bunch of cupcakes in 3 different flavors - all incredibly delicious! Everything was a huge hit, all of my guests raved about it! If I ever need another event catered, there's no doubt who I would use. I'm still craving more of those fig marscapone crostini!

Fabulous caterer!

Reviewed on 9/18/2013

Emily's Café & Catering did an amazing job for my daughter's wedding. The food was fabulous, and the bar and dinner service was excellent. We had cocktail hour with appetizers before dinner, and a full sit-down dinner for 100 guests, and we were thrilled. 5-stars!!! Also, they... Read More were a dream to work with. Planning was easy and painless, and they were extremely flexible in meeting our wants. I highly recommend them!

You need to try Emily's mac & cheese!

Reviewed on 9/15/2013 Liz P

I can't recommend Emily's Cafe & Catering strongly enough. After being dissatisfied with a number of area caterers who offered very typical / boring wedding fare, we found Emily's online and were immediately impressed by their menu which featured unique items with fresh local... Read More and organic ingredients. When we went to the tasting we were sold, particularly because of their herb encrusted mac & cheese! In addition to the the high quality of the food, working with Emily's staff was a pleasure and a highlight of my wedding planning experience. The catering managers were so friendly and attentive. They helped us create a menu that perfectly reflected our tastes and style. It felt like every one of our 220 guests complimented the food and all of the delightful decorative details. We are still receiving positive feedback a month later! Thank you Emily's!

ALL-AROUND AMAZING!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Jennifer R

Emily's catered our wedding at Sayen House and Gardens June 29, 2013. Jennifer was the catering manager and event planner and did such a wonderful job! As a crafty and creative bride, I expected to be doing all of the planning and decorating myself, with some help from from... Read More maid of honor. We were on a VERY tight budget with a small guest list but still wanted our day to look beautiful and be fun for everyone. We chose Emily's initially on a friend's recommendation, but were instantly validated from my first phone conversation with Jennifer. Jennifer didn't just help us choose a menu for our wedding, but helped us plan the entire flow of the day and order of events, coordinated with other vendors, provided transport and set up of decorations, and acted as a director in all aspects of the wedding day, ensuring every detail happened as it should have. There is much more, I'm sure, that she did behind the scenes to provide us with such a wonderful experience, and we are forever grateful to Jennifer, and all of the staff at Emily's for everything they did. As far as the food goes, there isn't much more to say, other than DELICIOUS!!! We chose a buffet style dinner with hand passed hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour. From the lemonade and iced tea served in the garden before our ceremony to the adorable strawberry and cream dessert cupcakes, everything was prepared perfectly and displayed beautifully from start to finish. The entire menu was made to fit our venue and the season and was raved about by all our guests. Emily's was so much more to us than a caterer. They went above and beyone and exceeded all our expectations. And on top of all that, somehow they have made all this possible for any budget! I will never ever forget our wedding and I confidently say it is because of Emily's and their staff. We love you guys beyond words!

Emily's is the best!!!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2012 Kathleen R

My husband and I wanted a simple, personal, unique wedding with really good food that wouldn't break our bank. Emily's delivered. Emily (and the entire talented staff) are a calming force who are committed to excellence. The food and drink were amazing--many of our guests... Read More commented on the delicious sangria, the potato bar, and the amazing bent spoon ice cream sandwiches. Emily takes her job seriously and you can tell that she truly enjoys and takes pride in presenting quality events that make her clients happy and worry-free on their big day. I cannot recommend them more highly!!!

Emily and her staff were phenomenal

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Jamie S

I went into my wedding planning overwhelmed and unsure where to begin as far as catering and Emily and Samantha helped me from the first time we spoke. Their attention to detail is second to none, ensuring everything from our menu to the linens and glassware matched our vision... Read More perfectly. They constantly went above and beyond, beginning with our tasting until the end of our event. The food was superb and our guests are still raving about it. No other caterer we met with was so committed to making sure we had everything exactly as we wanted it. I would recommend Emily's Catering to any bride. We will definitely be using them for events in the future.

Outstanding quality and service for the price

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Nolan Y

I just can't recommend Emily's highly enough. They did a fantastic job for my wedding despite the challenge of us having it at our family farm outside. Everyone commented that their food was some of the best they've ever had (and I agree). I believe this is in large part to... Read More keeping sources as local as possible, in season, and having a good personal connection with their vendors. Seriously consider hiring them. Emily, Tommy and all their staff are fun to work with.

Attention to Detail!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Amanda M

Truly couldn't have asked for a better experience with my caterer! I don't know how Emily and her gang does it - I was overwhelmed with all the details of our wedding and when it came to the food, I wanted it to be perfect. Emily made it truly easy. Our tasting was so much fun -... Read More the food was all amazing - and they worked with us on making so much of the menu 'farm to table'. Everything was fresh and the presentation just lovely. So many of our guests commented on the food! I'm so grateful to the whole staff for helping to make our special day so seamless and enjoyable.