Emma Cleary Photo and Video

[email protected]

Beautiful, creative, flawless photojournalism.

We are creators of high end editorial photographs. We will capture the precious moments between you & your partner on your most special day. We strive to portray a natural, elegant story. Emma is a true artist, a skilled painter and professional photographer trained in Parsons School of Design, each photo is a work of art.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

410 E 20th st , New York, NY
[email protected]

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Amanda M

Emma and her assistant were such a wonderful and skillful team! They were both calm and thoughtful as they captured all of the special moments of our wedding, both big and small! My husband and I, and our family, were over the moon when she sent us all of the photos from our... Read More wedding day. Emma had a way of capturing pure joy and paying attention to all of the details within the surrounding environment. Needless to say, we would highly recommend her to any couple!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Kimberly m

Emma does beautiful work! She was a pleasure to work with, replying quickly to any question I had and being a calm presence during wedding planning which can be a stressful time. She directed us through the posed shots which look like something out of a magazine and are truly... Read More artistic, and captured all of the candid shots from the start of the day to the finish, which show the love and happiness of our day. Choosing Emma was one of the best decisions I made, I'm truly grateful for the gorgeous photos she took of my wedding which I have to look back on forever.

Best Photographer

Reviewed on 1/05/2014 Rachel H

I could not have had a better experience from start to finish with Emma. I so highly recommend her to everyone I meet - not just because her work is FANTASTIC but because she was so nice and easy to work with. She responded within a day to any email I sent which was very... Read More helpful since most of my vendors had to be followed up with two and three times for answers. I can't even begin to describe how GORGEOUS my pictures came out. We get endless compliments on them and I'm so happy that I now have a beautiful way to remember our wedding day. We also used Emma for videography - I haven't received the DVD yet but I'm sure that will be fantastic too. If you look at her website you'll see how great her use of color is and how beautiful and artistic the shots are. I gave Emma a list of 'ideal' pictures to get (candid shots, posed shots, details of the decor, etc). I heard her ask the second photographer several times throughout the night if he had gotten everything I asked for. And they both did. We also extended the reception by almost 2 hours and even though they had traveled out of town to shoot my wedding they had no problem staying. They were amazing.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Florence K

Emma did an amazing job with our photo shoot! We asked her to do a one hour shoot to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary and she was very helpful throughout the entire process. Emma was very responsive via email which we really appreciated. She gave a lot of direction... Read More during the shoot itself and our pictures were beyond our expectations! We had a lot of variety in our pictures with different poses that looked very natural. We would definitely work with her again for any future events!

2016-08-25T10:39:42 Response from the vendor

Thanks Florence! It was such a pleasure working with you!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Teryn D

My fiancé and I came to Emma on somewhat of a short notice to take our engagement photos because we missed the opportunity to capture our proposal. I spent 2 weeks looking at various photographers and their portfolios but I kept coming back to Emma Cleary! Her vision, style and... Read More execution was exactly what we wanted. I was also pleased at how fair her pricing is considering the many accolades and press she's received. When it was time for our shoot we had unexpected weather challenges and Emma graciously remained flexible with changing the date and time to offer the best photo opportunities and comfortable weather conditions. I can't speak enough to her professionalism, fun and quirky direction during the shoot, her ideas were so original (even without inspiration shots). Emma was always "checking in" with us to make sure we were enjoying the process and if we wanted to offer our ideas as the shoot went on. She also took the time to get to know us and tell us a bit more about herself. I could go on and on but I truly look forward to working with Emma for upcoming events and hopefully a few years from now for a baby shoot! She's simply awesome!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

Emma and her team were a pleasure to work with. We were at ease from our first engagement photo, through our last photo at the wedding. She was professional and calming and captured every moment at our wedding beautifully. I couldn't have been happier with Emma and her team and... Read More would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016

We had the experience to have Emma on our afternoon Wedding that took place In Central Park, Emma is such an amazing person, very polite and did exactly what we asked and put her personal touch. Emma captured our magical day in every way I could have expected. She captured... Read More everything from big smiles, to behind the scenes, to our ceremony, to tears, to awkward moments, babies and all. Emma not only focused on us but focused on our guest too. We have memories that we will cherish for ever. Emma really knows how to work in an atmosphere with anyone and with any light. Emma made us feel and look incredible she finished... THANK YOU EMMA we love your work

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Tatar D

We worked with Emma for both our wedding and engagement photos. We found her not only to be extremely professional and responsive, but also the photography was very artistic and unique. She is very calm and not pushy at all, unlike most other wedding photographers. I would not... Read More hesitate to use her for future photography and definitely recommend working with her.

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Brittany M

Absolutely loved our photos. Emma did our engagement shoot in central park and her associates did our wedding at Duck Walk Vineyards (she was about to have her baby). Their photos were absolutely amazing and the they all were very pleasant to be around! Would highly recommend... Read More her and her team!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

We were so thrilled with the memories Emma and Massimo captured of our wedding at The Metropolitan Building. Not only were they a pleasure to work with the day of, Emma was able to capture exactly the mood, moments and details that were important to me. Thank you so much Emma... Read More and Massimo!!

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Thomas C

We searched online for a good photographer for hours and a friend of ours suggested that we check out Emma's sample online albums. Her style clearly stands out above most other photographers out there, I especially love the way she captures the movement and gives a sense of... Read More timelessness to her photos. I also really like how she uses light and how she frames her subjects. So we hired Emma and asked her to work for us for a few hours in difficult conditions: a small wedding in very crowded public areas on a not-so-sunny day. On site she worked tirelessly to make the most of us and the surroundings. She turned a few hours into a really beautiful album. Following this experience, hiring Emma for an important occasion is a no-brainer: so many things can go wrong, it feels great to know that at least you have a photographer who will make the most out of your event. I will recommend her to my friends for any occasion. I just hope that she will be available next time I need a good photographer.

Reviewed on 3/26/2016 Colleen N

Choosing Emma Clearly Photography and Videography was one of the best choices we made throughout wedding planning. Our transportation ended up getting lost to the Garrison and we were an hour late to take photographs. When we finally arrived, Emma and her crew were ready and... Read More directed us to take amazing photos and play catch up for the time that was lost. Being that she's photographed at the Garrison many times before, she knew where the great shots were. She and her crew are very professional and they took every photo we wanted on our shot list. The videographer captured the day beautifully and we are happy to relive the day through their video. I would hire Emma again in a heart beat if I had to do our wedding day all over again. Her company is worth every penny.

Reviewed on 3/01/2016 Jacqueline G

I love working with Emma! She has done the photography for my wedding and family photo shoots. The experience is always very pleasant and the pictures are amazing! She is creative and has an eye for detail, I would recommend her to work with any of my family and friends!

Reviewed on 3/01/2016

Amazing photographer and photos!!! We are from Australia and went to NYC to be married in Dec 2015. We discovered Emma online, and from the get-go she was on top of everything. She listened to exactly what we wanted and delivered with perfection. Emma was fantastic to work... Read More with, she made us feel comfortable and relaxed during the whole process and had our photos to us as we landed back in Australia. Cannot put into words how highly we recommend Emma Cleary Photography. We got a Wedding Album done with Emma too, and it is absolutely beautiful. She captured our special day spectacularly. Thank you so much Emma - You are a Gem!!!

Reviewed on 2/27/2016 Kara F

Emma and her team were so wonderful to work with. They were accommodating and very professional. The pictures are absolutely breathtaking and they captured the wedding evening perfectly!!! The video is an amazing way to relive the night! Definitely recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Bill W

Emma Cleary's pictures were amazing and could not have better captured our wedding! We chose Emma because her prior work was amazing, especially the finishing and editing which has a great artistic touch and attention to detail. While she did our engagement photos, two of her... Read More associates--Aaron and Dmitri--took photos day of our wedding. They were easy to work with and we were confident the photos would come out spectacular given the time we know Emma spends on the editing and finishing.

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 KimMarie H

I will start by saying that I would strongly recommend Emma to anyone and everyone! I am a bit of a perfectionist and very picky with everything that I do and Emma met all expectations. I've been told that I have a skill in picking out the best of the best and it was definitely... Read More true in choosing Emma as our photographer. My photographer friends can't get over how beautiful the photos came out. She was such a pleasure to work with. So professional, helpful, kind and calm! She really added to the joy of our day. My favorite part of the whole day was taking photos with her and my husband. It was perfect! If you go with Emma, you are simply guaranteed gorgeous wedding photos!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Jaime G

We are so happy we chose Emma to be our photographer for our wedding. We knew we were off to a good start when we got 300 gorgeous images from our engagement shoot. Being that we have never done a "photo shoot" before, she was great at directing us and making us feel... Read More comfortable. At the wedding we decided to take pictures with each table (something we were nervous about being time consuming) but Emma moved it along quickly, and we now have a shot with every guest at our wedding. We received our wedding images this week (very timely after the wedding) and they are stunning as well. She really captured the elegance, magnificence and beauty of the wedding. Looking at them you can definitely see the story of how the night progressed, how much fun everyone had and how perfect it was. Would like to also commend Dimitri and Aaron, as they were a pleasure to have as a part of our day.

2015-07-27T15:29:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jaime. It was a pleasure to work with you!

Seriously, look no further.

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Jillian P

Before I even booked my venue, I spent hours googling weddings that were held there. I came across Emma's blog and fell in love! We just had an engagement shoot with her, and I cannot say enough great things. My fiance and I are super derpy and awkward and I was so nervous we... Read More would look like posed fools. She not only gives great guidance, she has an amazing eye and was able to capture us looking completely natural. Every photo she sent was absolutely perfect! I can't wait for her to photograph our wedding!

Reviewed on 6/15/2015

Emma shot our wedding in Garrison NY this spring. We are so pleased with the photos and it was a pleasure to work with Emma and her team. Emma made taking photos easy which in turn made our day relaxing and fun. I highly recommend Emma for your engagement and wedding... Read More photography.

Emma Cleary creates memories!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015

My wife and I were married last Fall and we were very fortunate to secure the considerable skills of Emma Cleary and her assistant. To start with she was punctual and professional. As we were rushing to the ceremony (because were running late wouldn't you know), Emma Cleary... Read More lept ahead of us like a lioness in order to capture some great shots as we walked along FiDi. At the ceremony and throughout the reception she was ever-present and yet unobtrusive. Seeing all the wonderful images she captured of us still brings smiles and tears to my eyes. If you have a special event, you would do well to have Emma's eye to help capture it all forever, with a dynamic style and timeless beauty that only she can impart.

Could not be happier...

Reviewed on 3/20/2015

Emma was fantastic, we could not have been happier. She was very quick and flexible in the first communications and also very flexible until the last moment. She was everywhere and yet, we never "really saw her" as she is so very discrete in her moving around both in the church... Read More as at our reception venue. We never really needed to ask her for any shots and whenever we did, she had already taken them... And then of course her photos were fantastic. A true artist at work with eye for details, light and composition. We could not have chosen better for our big day and would recommend her to anyone.

Great photos!

Reviewed on 3/09/2015 Alvin C

We are very happy with her photos. She was very easy to work with and great during all stages of shooting. During the actual event, she was everywhere. She captured many priceless moments during our special occasion and many of which we the Bride and Groom only saw after the... Read More event. We are grateful for her photos!

2015-03-10T07:01:11 Response from the vendor

Thanks A + J! It was a pleasure shooting the wedding. I am glad you like the pics!

Amazing Photographer!!!

Reviewed on 1/07/2015

We interviewed a lot of photographers before choosing Emma and her team for our photo and video. I felt a personal connection with Emma more so than any other photographer. She seemed very pleasant and forthcoming with information. She was a great help in many aspects. She... Read More helped us to work out our schedule and offered some great suggestions before the wedding day, and on the wedding day she was very helpful and on point.

Beautiful/artistic/romantic wedding photos

Reviewed on 1/02/2015 Jessica L

I have nothing but praise to give to Emma Cleary Photography. Emma was the photographer for my wedding on 10/18/14 along with Massimo. Emma was so helpful during the entire wedding planning process and during the wedding. She responded promptly to every email I sent and was so... Read More meticulous in making sure she had every shot that I wanted taken during the wedding. And she is just the sweetest person ever which is nice during the stressful wedding planning process. And her photos are just gorgeous! They are so artistic and beautiful--every single one is a piece of artwork. I literally had tears in my eyes when I went through all of the photos because she captured so many memorable moments in such a beautiful way. My friends and family are also in love with the pictures and love the way she captured them enjoying the event as well. I did a lot of research during my wedding planning and did not find any photographer that took pics the way Emma does. She is just the best photographer out there. Hands down. I am so grateful to Emma and Massimo and could not imagine my day without them. They gave me the most romantic looking photos that I will cherish forever.

Emma Cleary

"Weddings are a photographer's dream come true, everything is so beautiful from the dress to the cake to the smiles on everyone's faces, there are so many beautiful shots to be taken. I consider myself very lucky to be doing what I love"