Beautiful, creative, flawless photojournalism.

We are a small team of extremely enthusiastic artists with an eye for detail and a passion for capturing memories for couples in New York City and all over the world. We know that its not just about creating breathtaking photos and videos. We take pride in being fantastic people too. Whether your affair is a few people or a few hundred people, we take the same care to capture your wedding photography in the most candid and natural way. Our images have been described as dramatic, lighthearted, beautiful and fun. Emma Cleary personally guides each bride through the process of planning your shot list and scheduling your photos. Emma also personally processes and retouches each wedding and designs every album to ensure the finest quality and craftsmanship. Emma was formally trained as a painte

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

523 E 14th st, New York, NY We happily travel anywhere! (646) 662-7241

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Didi A

We had the pleasure of having Emma take our wedding photos and it was an amazing experience from beginning to end! My wedding was at a lovely venue in Chelsea and, for me, photography was going to be one of the most important elements. After looking at a million portfolios,... Read More Emma was my first choice and it was one of the best choices I made. She was incredibly kind, patient and professional throughout. Before the event, she was both patient and thorough in our discussions of what to expect on the day of, and was even very understanding when certain elements of our planning changed a few weeks beforehand. On the day of, she arrived early and well-prepared. More importantly, she was a super-pro at EVERYTHING. The wedding was partially outdoors in a shaded garden (in 95 degree weather, no less), followed by a formal luncheon indoors, and the timing was pretty tight with each transition in the programme. She knew every shot she wanted to get and was focused and confident in making sure she got all of the shot we wanted and many others that we hadn’t even considered. She creatively used the space and took photos that turned out amazing at the end. But I suppose the most important part of this review is the finished product. The photos were incredible. I am a perfectionist who’s pretty stingy with praise, yet that sentence is the only way I can describe the wonderful job she’s done. She captured so many moments I remembered vividly, many that I’d forgotten, and many more that I didn’t even know took place but am truly glad to have seen. As I expected, she has a fantastic understanding of how to capture and utilize lighting to everyone’s advantage, taking equally gorgeous photos in the hazy sunlight of the garden and the muted lighting of the dining room. What was more impressive (and a happy surprise) was her skill in capturing a wide range of people and making them all look beautiful. Our wedding was a bit of a UN affair, with guests from the US, Europe, Africa and Latin America. So many different complexions and styles, all captured beautifully. I also loved that, in addition to putting everyone at ease so that the posed shots looked comfortable and natural rather than stiff and awkward, she took great action shots – my in-laws laughing together over the signing of the wedding certificate, my best friend and I sharing a teary hug, my fiance and his brother sharing a quiet moment before I walked down the aisle, two friends of mine ours from different countries who had never met beforehand sharing a laugh, etc. She was able to capture all of these moments while being completely unobtrusive. You wouldn’t even know she was capturing any of these moments until you saw the photos! We couldn’t have asked for a more talented photographer. We’re going to treasure these photos for the rest of our lives. Hoping all of you have the chance for an equally wonderful experience.

2016-10-02T14:05:44 Response from the vendor

Wow thank you Didi for such an amazing and thorough review! It was a pleasure working with you and your lovely fiance. All the best! - Emma

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Amanda M

Emma and her assistant were such a wonderful and skillful team! They were both calm and thoughtful as they captured all of the special moments of our wedding, both big and small! My husband and I, and our family, were over the moon when she sent us all of the photos from our... Read More wedding day. Emma had a way of capturing pure joy and paying attention to all of the details within the surrounding environment. Needless to say, we would highly recommend her to any couple!

Best Photographer

Reviewed on 1/05/2014 Rachel H

I could not have had a better experience from start to finish with Emma. I so highly recommend her to everyone I meet - not just because her work is FANTASTIC but because she was so nice and easy to work with. She responded within a day to any email I sent which was very... Read More helpful since most of my vendors had to be followed up with two and three times for answers. I can't even begin to describe how GORGEOUS my pictures came out. We get endless compliments on them and I'm so happy that I now have a beautiful way to remember our wedding day. We also used Emma for videography - I haven't received the DVD yet but I'm sure that will be fantastic too. If you look at her website you'll see how great her use of color is and how beautiful and artistic the shots are. I gave Emma a list of 'ideal' pictures to get (candid shots, posed shots, details of the decor, etc). I heard her ask the second photographer several times throughout the night if he had gotten everything I asked for. And they both did. We also extended the reception by almost 2 hours and even though they had traveled out of town to shoot my wedding they had no problem staying. They were amazing.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Jyoti E

Emma did an unbelievable job at capturing our wedding day. The pictures are beyond beautiful. They are absolutely stunning!!! I'm having a hard time with which pictures I'd want in my album...I want them all. Emma had photographed us for our engagement shoot as well and the... Read More feedback from our friends and family further affirmed our appreciation of the pictures. Emma and her 2nd shooter (Massimo) are extremely professional and were on time and ready to go on the day of the wedding. They know all the details that need to be captured and work with you for any special requests. My pictures could easily belong in a high fashion magazine. The quality of their work is unparalleled and I would choose Emma and her team for any future events in a heartbeat.

2017-12-10T07:28:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jyoti, it helps to have a gorgeous couple. :)

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Ambre P

Emma was a true professional - she was responsive, insightful and provided us with our photos in a timely manner. And most importantly, she took fantastic photos. My only complaint is that there are so many wonderful pictures, I'm not sure which ones to frame!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Kara S

We were so lucky to have Emma take our engagement photos. SHE IS INCREDIBLY PROFESSIONAL. She responds quickly to questions and concerns, and even though our photo shoot ran over (due to traffic) she never hurried us along or gave us any less than her 100% attention. Her... Read More pictures are beautiful and timeless, and I would definitely recommend Emma Cleary Photo and Video to others!!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Katie B

My fiancé and I️ are jokesters, and we rarely engage in PDA. We knew we wanted engagement photos, but we were terrified about the discomfort/awkwardness of the whole experience. From the get-go, Emma understood our vibe and immediately adapted to make sure we stayed true to our... Read More personalities, while also sprinkling in the romanticism that we wanted. Her direction was incredibly helpful, and she kept us moving to different locations so we could have a variety in our photos. We received the photos today, and we couldn’t be happier. Emma Cleary is truly an artist. Book her!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Grace p

We hired Emma for our engagement shoot at Central Park in April and also for our wedding in Oct for both photo and video. The engagement photos came out great. She captured the cherry blossom and the pictures were just beautiful. We used them everywhere for our wedding in Oct.... Read More We are SO happy with what we have seen so far.. haven’t received the wedding video yet but can’t wait!! Emma and her team are professional. They know what looks good. Unique angles for shots that just came out amazing. It’s one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She is easy to communicate with and truly great to work with. We HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend!!

2017-11-08T07:53:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you Grace! :)

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Sarah J

Emma Cleary and Massimo were the perfect duo to photograph our wedding. Very professional and organized! I have no complaints or hesitations while writing this review. Emma is the best photographer I could find and our pictures turned out gorgeous!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Alison R

My fiancé and I are so happy with our decision to book Emma as our wedding photographer. We recently took engagement photos and are so pleased with the results. The photos are absolutely gorgeous, but most importantly for us, Emma helped us feel very comfortable and well... Read More directed during the shoot. She is the perfect combination of professional yet approachable. We were very impressed with her efficiency and ability to capture a multitude of shots during our 1 hour shoot at the expansive NY Botanical Gardens. Another thing we love about Emma is how quickly she responds to emails which we definitely cannot say about some other wedding vendors we’re working with this year. We’re looking forward to having Emma capture our wedding day and are confident we’ll love the results.

2017-11-01T08:11:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Alison! It was such a pleasure, glad you like the photos!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Grace P

My fiance and I recently had our engagement shoot with Emma and could not be happier with how it went! We were so lucky to be able to shoot in Central Park (where we got engaged!) and Emma even took the time to go to the exact spot where my fiance proposed to snap some very... Read More special photos for us. She is extremely talented, knowing how to best utilize the gorgeous autumn light and capture the little candid moments in between poses (can't wait to see what she captures on our wedding day!). We recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer who will bring beautiful care and attention to detail to your special day!

2017-11-01T08:11:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you Grace and Matt! Looking forward to the wedding!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Caitlin J

We hired Emma as our wedding photographer (Oct 2017) and found her and her assistant, Dimitry, to be a great team and a calming presence throughout the day. They never interfered with the fun we were having at the reception and yet still ended up capturing some amazing action... Read More shots of us and our friends. We are very happy with the end result and would highly recommed her to other couples!

2017-11-01T08:12:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you Caitlin! It was such a pleasure :)

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Brittany R

Emma and her team are spectacular. Emma was our wedding photographer and traveled to Philadelphia for us to capture our wedding. She's easygoing, professional and has great attention to detail. She captured all the great little moments throughout the day. I don't know how she... Read More did it, but she did. She and her team are total professionals. Book them! You won't regret it. :)

2017-10-28T09:53:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you Brittany! It was such a pleasure shooting your beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Rachel R

We were very lucky to have Emma as our wedding photographer. We first began working with her in November 2016, when she did our engagement photos. We were so happy with the results, that we used the photos on our wedding website and for our save the dates. On our wedding day... Read More in September, Emma was professional, organized, and easy to work with. She brought Massimo as her assistant, and it was a pleasure working with him as well. It was wonderful to get such a variety of shots from the two of them. And we felt at ease all night, knowing they were capturing all of the best moments. Emma's work as a photo editor really shines through in the results and we're absolutely thrilled with her work. We would definitely recommend her, and hopefully have the opportunity to work with her again.

2017-10-22T22:10:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you Rachel and Min! I appreciate the kind words. you guys are so sweet, thank you for having us shoot your wedding. We loved working with you and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Melissa P

My fiancé and I went to Emma for our engagement photos and could not be happier! From the minute we contacted her, Emma was warm, receptive, and responsive to all of our needs! Emma made us feel comfortable from the moment we started taking pictures and continued to coach us... Read More throughout our session! Every photo she took captured a different, artistic moment, while still being beautiful and intimate! We cannot thank Emma enough for her fantastic work and the beautiful pictures we will have for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Allen K

Emma and her company provided exceptional service throughout our wedding process. Emma was always quick to respond to our questions and respected all of our requests. On the day of, Massimo and Aaron were incredibly friendly and professional and really captured the feel of the... Read More day. The photos came out perfect and we can’t wait to see the video!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Ariella D

We chose Emma for our September wedding and it was the best wedding decision we made! She was super responsive right from the start and we had a great first meeting with her where she clearly explained all the options and we were able to see a number of albums from her previous... Read More work. She answered all our questions throughout the process, and took absolutely beautiful engagement photos. We weren't sure exactly where and how to do them. She had a number of great suggestions and knew how to find great locations. The day of the wedding was flawless, Emma and her entire team were super professional, fun and efficient. We had a pretty large bridal party, and they took great photos of us in lots of different groups and multiple locations. We got an initial set of photos back within two weeks, and all the photos back in less than a month. We absolutely love them - they are perfect! I enthusiastically recommend Emma and her team for photography and videography!

2017-09-28T10:11:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ariella! I am so glad that you like the photos and it was so fun to work with you! - Emma

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Russ P

Emma Cleary is absolutely fantastic. If you want the best, contact her. It's that simple. She shot our wedding in August, and we were thrilled with every aspect of her services. Her photography skills are complimented by a strong orchestration of events and attention to detail.... Read More Our wedding went by way too fast, and thankfully we had Emma to capture our best moments. Don't agonize over this aspect of your wedding. Call Emma and cross this task off your list!

2017-09-21T20:16:22 Response from the vendor

Thanks Russ, I couldn't have asked for a better endorsement lol. I appreciate it, and it was a pleasure working with you and Heidi!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Rebecca L

My wife and I were married at Highlands Country Club in Garrison, NY in June 2017. We had picture-perfect weather, and Emma Cleary and her assistant, Dmitri, took full advantage of that! Emma did an amazing job capturing every moment before, during, and after our wedding. She... Read More made the whole experience a lot of fun for us, and was a pleasure to work with on the pre and post-wedding items as well. Emma turned around our photos very quickly and provided us with several very easy ways to access and share our photos with our friends and family. We would recommend Emma to anyone looking for a photographer in the NYC area!

2017-09-11T09:35:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks Greg! It was a pleasure working with you too! I love how your photos turned out. :)

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Martha A

My husband and I got married at India House in NYC and we're so glad we worked with Emma. She was amazing--patient, detail-oriented (at one point she said I had a hair in my eye, which I didn't feel!), very creative, and helped with fun poses. Every single image (I'm not... Read More exaggerating!) came out perfect! Natural, candid pictures that really reflected the mood and ambiance of the wedding. Thank you, Emma!

2017-09-07T16:16:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you Martha. It was such a pleasure working with you and your lovely family!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 brittany s

Emma was so amazing to work with! I just received my photos and absolutely love them! I did not have a huge shot list and told her I wanted more candids, I honestly was not sure what I wanted but she captured everything and looking through the photos was like reliving the... Read More day. Emma is super calm and efficient, she was perfect on the wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Mary N

Emma is the consummate professional in every way, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. For me, getting the best photographer was very important to me since the photos will last a lifetime. I went through many, many portfolios of photographers and knew she was the one... Read More when I saw her work. I booked her 1.5 years before my wedding. She is responsive to email and took the time to plan out the day-of itinerary with me to get the shots I want. Her and Massimo arrived on time on my wedding day and was super professional. She also delivered the digital copies of the photos to me about 3 weeks after the wedding and the CD soon after, which was quicker than I expected. I am absolutely in LOVE with my pictures! Everyone also has commented on how beautiful and professional the pictures look. Emma caught moments that I missed being that it's pretty hectic for the bride and groom on the big day. We are currently working on the albums and I cannot wait to see how they come out. She designed the album and placed the order so quickly. Her top-notch service and skill are worth every penny, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Pamela W

Emma is a pleasure to work with and a true professional. She has experience both in front and behind the camera which gives her a unique perspective when working with clients. She is detail oriented and makes sure everything is in place in her shots. We can't recommend her... Read More enough!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Katlin D

My husband and I got married this past April and we have nothing but great things to say about Emma and her team. I was planning a wedding from out of state and Emma had great patience with us as we communicated via phone, skype, and email. She knew what was important to us and... Read More this is reflected beautifully in our photos. We also felt that she made us a priority when she made a trip out to Staten Island just to see our venue beforehand; this showed a great deal of pride and commitment. The day of our wedding was nothing short of wonderful and the photos captured all the emotion and energy that we and our guests were feeling. To finish it off our experience, Emma had our photos ready and edited within a month of our wedding; the perfect turn around time for "thank you" cards. Emma and Massimo did a wonderful and we highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Rachel B

Emma is a true talent. She's punctual, incredibly efficient, and has a keen critical eye. I'm not even sure words will do her work justice. Most of all, Emma is an ARTIST. Her photos are taken and edited just so, with flattering, light effects done in post-production to really... Read More bring out the day and tell a story. I literally want to frame every single photo and hang them on my wall as art. They deserve to be seen and admired by all.

Emma Cleary

I am so grateful that I get to shoot gorgeous weddings for a living. I consider myself lucky to have my own business with an amazing team and so many wonderful clients whom I stay in touch with over the years. Feel free to email or call me, I would love to meet you and hear all about your wedding!