Emma Cleary Photo and Video

[email protected]

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

410 E 20th st , New York, NY
[email protected]

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Didi A

We had the pleasure of having Emma take our wedding photos and it was an amazing experience from beginning to end! My wedding was at a lovely venue in Chelsea and, for me, photography was going to be one of the most important elements. After looking at a million portfolios,... Read More Emma was my first choice and it was one of the best choices I made. She was incredibly kind, patient and professional throughout. Before the event, she was both patient and thorough in our discussions of what to expect on the day of, and was even very understanding when certain elements of our planning changed a few weeks beforehand. On the day of, she arrived early and well-prepared. More importantly, she was a super-pro at EVERYTHING. The wedding was partially outdoors in a shaded garden (in 95 degree weather, no less), followed by a formal luncheon indoors, and the timing was pretty tight with each transition in the programme. She knew every shot she wanted to get and was focused and confident in making sure she got all of the shot we wanted and many others that we hadn’t even considered. She creatively used the space and took photos that turned out amazing at the end. But I suppose the most important part of this review is the finished product. The photos were incredible. I am a perfectionist who’s pretty stingy with praise, yet that sentence is the only way I can describe the wonderful job she’s done. She captured so many moments I remembered vividly, many that I’d forgotten, and many more that I didn’t even know took place but am truly glad to have seen. As I expected, she has a fantastic understanding of how to capture and utilize lighting to everyone’s advantage, taking equally gorgeous photos in the hazy sunlight of the garden and the muted lighting of the dining room. What was more impressive (and a happy surprise) was her skill in capturing a wide range of people and making them all look beautiful. Our wedding was a bit of a UN affair, with guests from the US, Europe, Africa and Latin America. So many different complexions and styles, all captured beautifully. I also loved that, in addition to putting everyone at ease so that the posed shots looked comfortable and natural rather than stiff and awkward, she took great action shots – my in-laws laughing together over the signing of the wedding certificate, my best friend and I sharing a teary hug, my fiance and his brother sharing a quiet moment before I walked down the aisle, two friends of mine ours from different countries who had never met beforehand sharing a laugh, etc. She was able to capture all of these moments while being completely unobtrusive. You wouldn’t even know she was capturing any of these moments until you saw the photos! We couldn’t have asked for a more talented photographer. We’re going to treasure these photos for the rest of our lives. Hoping all of you have the chance for an equally wonderful experience.

2016-10-02T14:05:44 Response from the vendor

Wow thank you Didi for such an amazing and thorough review! It was a pleasure working with you and your lovely fiance. All the best! - Emma

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Amanda M

Emma and her assistant were such a wonderful and skillful team! They were both calm and thoughtful as they captured all of the special moments of our wedding, both big and small! My husband and I, and our family, were over the moon when she sent us all of the photos from our... Read More wedding day. Emma had a way of capturing pure joy and paying attention to all of the details within the surrounding environment. Needless to say, we would highly recommend her to any couple!

Best Photographer

Reviewed on 1/05/2014 Rachel H

I could not have had a better experience from start to finish with Emma. I so highly recommend her to everyone I meet - not just because her work is FANTASTIC but because she was so nice and easy to work with. She responded within a day to any email I sent which was very... Read More helpful since most of my vendors had to be followed up with two and three times for answers. I can't even begin to describe how GORGEOUS my pictures came out. We get endless compliments on them and I'm so happy that I now have a beautiful way to remember our wedding day. We also used Emma for videography - I haven't received the DVD yet but I'm sure that will be fantastic too. If you look at her website you'll see how great her use of color is and how beautiful and artistic the shots are. I gave Emma a list of 'ideal' pictures to get (candid shots, posed shots, details of the decor, etc). I heard her ask the second photographer several times throughout the night if he had gotten everything I asked for. And they both did. We also extended the reception by almost 2 hours and even though they had traveled out of town to shoot my wedding they had no problem staying. They were amazing.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Sarah J

My wedding was photographed by Emma's associates, Aaron and Dimitri. They were prompt, professional, but most importantly, noninvasive, friendly, and fun! We barely noticed them throughout the night, which made for awesome candid photos that I will truly cherish. They also... Read More worked fast and efficiently when taking family and friend photos, letting us get back to enjoying our party. Working with Emma throughout the year was easy and stress-free. She is always in communication with you, taking the guess work out of the process. I am very thankful to them for our beautiful pictures and I highly recommend them to any future brides who wants the job done right!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Erin K

Emma is an INCREDIBLE photographer, simply put. Emma photographed our engagement shoot in the West Village/Little Italy last fall, as well as our wedding down in the Financial District this summer. When we had stumbled upon Emma's work way back when, we were in awe and knew we... Read More wanted her as our photographer, as her work was above & beyond any other work we'd seen during our search while still at a realistic price... which is hard to come by, especially in NYC. Emma was a pleasure to work with (the epitome of a calm, cool, collected individual), and when we got down to the wire the week of the wedding, Emma dealt with my multiple emails and requests seamlessly. On our wedding day, it wound up raining RIGHT as we were preparing to step outside for our photos in Hanover Square, but I'm happy we wound up photographing inside. Emma and Dimitri were able to capture the essence of the entire venue because of this. One of the best parts about Emma and her team is how non-intrusive they are during the actual event. When we were looking at the finished photos with our friends, we couldn't believe how "in-the-moment" these shots were, because no one really realized that Emma and Dimitri were all over the dance floor taking photos of everyone. I've attended so many weddings where I've recognized, or felt, the photographer's presence, and when that happens, you don't act natural. Luckily, everyone is completely natural in our photos because Emma and Dimitri know EXACTLY what they're doing. They captured some really, really awesome stuff :) In the end, Emma's photographs came out incredible; it's been two months since the wedding, and I still look at our photo gallery at least once or twice a week. She was truly a pleasure to work with, and I can't say enough about how hard her and her team work to make these moments in life perfect.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Elena P

Emma and Massimo were wonderful. Finding a photographer that matched my style was my biggest challenge of wedding planning and I am so happy that I went with Emma Cleary. We absolutely LOVE the way our photos came out. They were very professional throughout the day and very... Read More go-with-the-flow (while making sure we stayed on schedule and didn't spend too much of our day on portraits). Emma also got us our pictures within a month of our wedding date, amazing! I would highly recommend this team and will surely use them again in the future.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Florence K

Emma did an amazing job with our photo shoot! We asked her to do a one hour shoot to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary and she was very helpful throughout the entire process. Emma was very responsive via email which we really appreciated. She gave a lot of direction... Read More during the shoot itself and our pictures were beyond our expectations! We had a lot of variety in our pictures with different poses that looked very natural. We would definitely work with her again for any future events!

2016-08-25T10:39:42 Response from the vendor

Thanks Florence! It was such a pleasure working with you!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Teryn D

My fiancé and I came to Emma on somewhat of a short notice to take our engagement photos because we missed the opportunity to capture our proposal. I spent 2 weeks looking at various photographers and their portfolios but I kept coming back to Emma Cleary! Her vision, style and... Read More execution was exactly what we wanted. I was also pleased at how fair her pricing is considering the many accolades and press she's received. When it was time for our shoot we had unexpected weather challenges and Emma graciously remained flexible with changing the date and time to offer the best photo opportunities and comfortable weather conditions. I can't speak enough to her professionalism, fun and quirky direction during the shoot, her ideas were so original (even without inspiration shots). Emma was always "checking in" with us to make sure we were enjoying the process and if we wanted to offer our ideas as the shoot went on. She also took the time to get to know us and tell us a bit more about herself. I could go on and on but I truly look forward to working with Emma for upcoming events and hopefully a few years from now for a baby shoot! She's simply awesome!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

Emma and her team were a pleasure to work with. We were at ease from our first engagement photo, through our last photo at the wedding. She was professional and calming and captured every moment at our wedding beautifully. I couldn't have been happier with Emma and her team and... Read More would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016

We had the experience to have Emma on our afternoon Wedding that took place In Central Park, Emma is such an amazing person, very polite and did exactly what we asked and put her personal touch. Emma captured our magical day in every way I could have expected. She captured... Read More everything from big smiles, to behind the scenes, to our ceremony, to tears, to awkward moments, babies and all. Emma not only focused on us but focused on our guest too. We have memories that we will cherish for ever. Emma really knows how to work in an atmosphere with anyone and with any light. Emma made us feel and look incredible she finished... THANK YOU EMMA we love your work

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Tatar D

We worked with Emma for both our wedding and engagement photos. We found her not only to be extremely professional and responsive, but also the photography was very artistic and unique. She is very calm and not pushy at all, unlike most other wedding photographers. I would not... Read More hesitate to use her for future photography and definitely recommend working with her.

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Brittany M

Absolutely loved our photos. Emma did our engagement shoot in central park and her associates did our wedding at Duck Walk Vineyards (she was about to have her baby). Their photos were absolutely amazing and the they all were very pleasant to be around! Would highly recommend... Read More her and her team!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

We were so thrilled with the memories Emma and Massimo captured of our wedding at The Metropolitan Building. Not only were they a pleasure to work with the day of, Emma was able to capture exactly the mood, moments and details that were important to me. Thank you so much Emma... Read More and Massimo!!

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Thomas C

We searched online for a good photographer for hours and a friend of ours suggested that we check out Emma's sample online albums. Her style clearly stands out above most other photographers out there, I especially love the way she captures the movement and gives a sense of... Read More timelessness to her photos. I also really like how she uses light and how she frames her subjects. So we hired Emma and asked her to work for us for a few hours in difficult conditions: a small wedding in very crowded public areas on a not-so-sunny day. On site she worked tirelessly to make the most of us and the surroundings. She turned a few hours into a really beautiful album. Following this experience, hiring Emma for an important occasion is a no-brainer: so many things can go wrong, it feels great to know that at least you have a photographer who will make the most out of your event. I will recommend her to my friends for any occasion. I just hope that she will be available next time I need a good photographer.

Reviewed on 3/26/2016 Colleen N

Choosing Emma Clearly Photography and Videography was one of the best choices we made throughout wedding planning. Our transportation ended up getting lost to the Garrison and we were an hour late to take photographs. When we finally arrived, Emma and her crew were ready and... Read More directed us to take amazing photos and play catch up for the time that was lost. Being that she's photographed at the Garrison many times before, she knew where the great shots were. She and her crew are very professional and they took every photo we wanted on our shot list. The videographer captured the day beautifully and we are happy to relive the day through their video. I would hire Emma again in a heart beat if I had to do our wedding day all over again. Her company is worth every penny.

Reviewed on 3/01/2016 Jacqueline G

I love working with Emma! She has done the photography for my wedding and family photo shoots. The experience is always very pleasant and the pictures are amazing! She is creative and has an eye for detail, I would recommend her to work with any of my family and friends!

Reviewed on 3/01/2016

Amazing photographer and photos!!! We are from Australia and went to NYC to be married in Dec 2015. We discovered Emma online, and from the get-go she was on top of everything. She listened to exactly what we wanted and delivered with perfection. Emma was fantastic to work... Read More with, she made us feel comfortable and relaxed during the whole process and had our photos to us as we landed back in Australia. Cannot put into words how highly we recommend Emma Cleary Photography. We got a Wedding Album done with Emma too, and it is absolutely beautiful. She captured our special day spectacularly. Thank you so much Emma - You are a Gem!!!

Reviewed on 2/27/2016 Kara F

Emma and her team were so wonderful to work with. They were accommodating and very professional. The pictures are absolutely breathtaking and they captured the wedding evening perfectly!!! The video is an amazing way to relive the night! Definitely recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Bill W

Emma Cleary's pictures were amazing and could not have better captured our wedding! We chose Emma because her prior work was amazing, especially the finishing and editing which has a great artistic touch and attention to detail. While she did our engagement photos, two of her... Read More associates--Aaron and Dmitri--took photos day of our wedding. They were easy to work with and we were confident the photos would come out spectacular given the time we know Emma spends on the editing and finishing.

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 KimMarie H

I will start by saying that I would strongly recommend Emma to anyone and everyone! I am a bit of a perfectionist and very picky with everything that I do and Emma met all expectations. I've been told that I have a skill in picking out the best of the best and it was definitely... Read More true in choosing Emma as our photographer. My photographer friends can't get over how beautiful the photos came out. She was such a pleasure to work with. So professional, helpful, kind and calm! She really added to the joy of our day. My favorite part of the whole day was taking photos with her and my husband. It was perfect! If you go with Emma, you are simply guaranteed gorgeous wedding photos!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Jaime G

We are so happy we chose Emma to be our photographer for our wedding. We knew we were off to a good start when we got 300 gorgeous images from our engagement shoot. Being that we have never done a "photo shoot" before, she was great at directing us and making us feel... Read More comfortable. At the wedding we decided to take pictures with each table (something we were nervous about being time consuming) but Emma moved it along quickly, and we now have a shot with every guest at our wedding. We received our wedding images this week (very timely after the wedding) and they are stunning as well. She really captured the elegance, magnificence and beauty of the wedding. Looking at them you can definitely see the story of how the night progressed, how much fun everyone had and how perfect it was. Would like to also commend Dimitri and Aaron, as they were a pleasure to have as a part of our day.

2015-07-27T15:29:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jaime. It was a pleasure to work with you!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Kimberly m

Emma does beautiful work! She was a pleasure to work with, replying quickly to any question I had and being a calm presence during wedding planning which can be a stressful time. She directed us through the posed shots which look like something out of a magazine and are truly... Read More artistic, and captured all of the candid shots from the start of the day to the finish, which show the love and happiness of our day. Choosing Emma was one of the best decisions I made, I'm truly grateful for the gorgeous photos she took of my wedding which I have to look back on forever.

Seriously, look no further.

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Jillian P

Before I even booked my venue, I spent hours googling weddings that were held there. I came across Emma's blog and fell in love! We just had an engagement shoot with her, and I cannot say enough great things. My fiance and I are super derpy and awkward and I was so nervous we... Read More would look like posed fools. She not only gives great guidance, she has an amazing eye and was able to capture us looking completely natural. Every photo she sent was absolutely perfect! I can't wait for her to photograph our wedding!

Reviewed on 6/15/2015

Emma shot our wedding in Garrison NY this spring. We are so pleased with the photos and it was a pleasure to work with Emma and her team. Emma made taking photos easy which in turn made our day relaxing and fun. I highly recommend Emma for your engagement and wedding... Read More photography.

Emma Cleary creates memories!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015

My wife and I were married last Fall and we were very fortunate to secure the considerable skills of Emma Cleary and her assistant. To start with she was punctual and professional. As we were rushing to the ceremony (because were running late wouldn't you know), Emma Cleary... Read More lept ahead of us like a lioness in order to capture some great shots as we walked along FiDi. At the ceremony and throughout the reception she was ever-present and yet unobtrusive. Seeing all the wonderful images she captured of us still brings smiles and tears to my eyes. If you have a special event, you would do well to have Emma's eye to help capture it all forever, with a dynamic style and timeless beauty that only she can impart.

Emma Cleary

"Weddings are a photographer's dream come true, everything is so beautiful from the dress to the cake to the smiles on everyone's faces, there are so many beautiful shots to be taken. I consider myself very lucky to be doing what I love"

Start a Conversation!