Beautiful, creative, flawless photojournalism.

We are a small team of extremely enthusiastic artists with an eye for detail and a passion for capturing memories for couples in New York City and all over the world. We know that its not just about creating breathtaking photos and videos. We take pride in being fantastic people too. Whether your affair is a few people or a few hundred people, we take the same care to capture your wedding photography in the most candid and natural way. Our images have been described as dramatic, lighthearted, beautiful and fun. Emma Cleary personally guides each bride through the process of planning your shot list and scheduling your photos. Emma also personally processes and retouches each wedding and designs every album to ensure the finest quality and craftsmanship. Emma was formally trained as a painte

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

523 E 14th st, New York, NY We happily travel anywhere! (646) 662-7241

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Didi A

We had the pleasure of having Emma take our wedding photos and it was an amazing experience from beginning to end! My wedding was at a lovely venue in Chelsea and, for me, photography was going to be one of the most important elements. After looking at a million portfolios,... Read More Emma was my first choice and it was one of the best choices I made. She was incredibly kind, patient and professional throughout. Before the event, she was both patient and thorough in our discussions of what to expect on the day of, and was even very understanding when certain elements of our planning changed a few weeks beforehand. On the day of, she arrived early and well-prepared. More importantly, she was a super-pro at EVERYTHING. The wedding was partially outdoors in a shaded garden (in 95 degree weather, no less), followed by a formal luncheon indoors, and the timing was pretty tight with each transition in the programme. She knew every shot she wanted to get and was focused and confident in making sure she got all of the shot we wanted and many others that we hadn’t even considered. She creatively used the space and took photos that turned out amazing at the end. But I suppose the most important part of this review is the finished product. The photos were incredible. I am a perfectionist who’s pretty stingy with praise, yet that sentence is the only way I can describe the wonderful job she’s done. She captured so many moments I remembered vividly, many that I’d forgotten, and many more that I didn’t even know took place but am truly glad to have seen. As I expected, she has a fantastic understanding of how to capture and utilize lighting to everyone’s advantage, taking equally gorgeous photos in the hazy sunlight of the garden and the muted lighting of the dining room. What was more impressive (and a happy surprise) was her skill in capturing a wide range of people and making them all look beautiful. Our wedding was a bit of a UN affair, with guests from the US, Europe, Africa and Latin America. So many different complexions and styles, all captured beautifully. I also loved that, in addition to putting everyone at ease so that the posed shots looked comfortable and natural rather than stiff and awkward, she took great action shots – my in-laws laughing together over the signing of the wedding certificate, my best friend and I sharing a teary hug, my fiance and his brother sharing a quiet moment before I walked down the aisle, two friends of mine ours from different countries who had never met beforehand sharing a laugh, etc. She was able to capture all of these moments while being completely unobtrusive. You wouldn’t even know she was capturing any of these moments until you saw the photos! We couldn’t have asked for a more talented photographer. We’re going to treasure these photos for the rest of our lives. Hoping all of you have the chance for an equally wonderful experience.

2016-10-02T14:05:44 Response from the vendor

Wow thank you Didi for such an amazing and thorough review! It was a pleasure working with you and your lovely fiance. All the best! - Emma

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Amanda M

Emma and her assistant were such a wonderful and skillful team! They were both calm and thoughtful as they captured all of the special moments of our wedding, both big and small! My husband and I, and our family, were over the moon when she sent us all of the photos from our... Read More wedding day. Emma had a way of capturing pure joy and paying attention to all of the details within the surrounding environment. Needless to say, we would highly recommend her to any couple!

Best Photographer

Reviewed on 1/05/2014 Rachel H

I could not have had a better experience from start to finish with Emma. I so highly recommend her to everyone I meet - not just because her work is FANTASTIC but because she was so nice and easy to work with. She responded within a day to any email I sent which was very... Read More helpful since most of my vendors had to be followed up with two and three times for answers. I can't even begin to describe how GORGEOUS my pictures came out. We get endless compliments on them and I'm so happy that I now have a beautiful way to remember our wedding day. We also used Emma for videography - I haven't received the DVD yet but I'm sure that will be fantastic too. If you look at her website you'll see how great her use of color is and how beautiful and artistic the shots are. I gave Emma a list of 'ideal' pictures to get (candid shots, posed shots, details of the decor, etc). I heard her ask the second photographer several times throughout the night if he had gotten everything I asked for. And they both did. We also extended the reception by almost 2 hours and even though they had traveled out of town to shoot my wedding they had no problem staying. They were amazing.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Melissa P

My fiancé and I went to Emma for our engagement photos and could not be happier! From the minute we contacted her, Emma was warm, receptive, and responsive to all of our needs! Emma made us feel comfortable from the moment we started taking pictures and continued to coach us... Read More throughout our session! Every photo she took captured a different, artistic moment, while still being beautiful and intimate! We cannot thank Emma enough for her fantastic work and the beautiful pictures we will have for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Allen K

Emma and her company provided exceptional service throughout our wedding process. Emma was always quick to respond to our questions and respected all of our requests. On the day of, Massimo and Aaron were incredibly friendly and professional and really captured the feel of the... Read More day. The photos came out perfect and we can’t wait to see the video!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Ariella D

We chose Emma for our September wedding and it was the best wedding decision we made! She was super responsive right from the start and we had a great first meeting with her where she clearly explained all the options and we were able to see a number of albums from her previous... Read More work. She answered all our questions throughout the process, and took absolutely beautiful engagement photos. We weren't sure exactly where and how to do them. She had a number of great suggestions and knew how to find great locations. The day of the wedding was flawless, Emma and her entire team were super professional, fun and efficient. We had a pretty large bridal party, and they took great photos of us in lots of different groups and multiple locations. We got an initial set of photos back within two weeks, and all the photos back in less than a month. We absolutely love them - they are perfect! I enthusiastically recommend Emma and her team for photography and videography!

2017-09-28T10:11:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ariella! I am so glad that you like the photos and it was so fun to work with you! - Emma

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Russ P

Emma Cleary is absolutely fantastic. If you want the best, contact her. It's that simple. She shot our wedding in August, and we were thrilled with every aspect of her services. Her photography skills are complimented by a strong orchestration of events and attention to detail.... Read More Our wedding went by way too fast, and thankfully we had Emma to capture our best moments. Don't agonize over this aspect of your wedding. Call Emma and cross this task off your list!

2017-09-21T20:16:22 Response from the vendor

Thanks Russ, I couldn't have asked for a better endorsement lol. I appreciate it, and it was a pleasure working with you and Heidi!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Rebecca L

My wife and I were married at Highlands Country Club in Garrison, NY in June 2017. We had picture-perfect weather, and Emma Cleary and her assistant, Dmitri, took full advantage of that! Emma did an amazing job capturing every moment before, during, and after our wedding. She... Read More made the whole experience a lot of fun for us, and was a pleasure to work with on the pre and post-wedding items as well. Emma turned around our photos very quickly and provided us with several very easy ways to access and share our photos with our friends and family. We would recommend Emma to anyone looking for a photographer in the NYC area!

2017-09-11T09:35:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks Greg! It was a pleasure working with you too! I love how your photos turned out. :)

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Martha A

My husband and I got married at India House in NYC and we're so glad we worked with Emma. She was amazing--patient, detail-oriented (at one point she said I had a hair in my eye, which I didn't feel!), very creative, and helped with fun poses. Every single image (I'm not... Read More exaggerating!) came out perfect! Natural, candid pictures that really reflected the mood and ambiance of the wedding. Thank you, Emma!

2017-09-07T16:16:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you Martha. It was such a pleasure working with you and your lovely family!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 brittany s

Emma was so amazing to work with! I just received my photos and absolutely love them! I did not have a huge shot list and told her I wanted more candids, I honestly was not sure what I wanted but she captured everything and looking through the photos was like reliving the... Read More day. Emma is super calm and efficient, she was perfect on the wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Mary N

Emma is the consummate professional in every way, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. For me, getting the best photographer was very important to me since the photos will last a lifetime. I went through many, many portfolios of photographers and knew she was the one... Read More when I saw her work. I booked her 1.5 years before my wedding. She is responsive to email and took the time to plan out the day-of itinerary with me to get the shots I want. Her and Massimo arrived on time on my wedding day and was super professional. She also delivered the digital copies of the photos to me about 3 weeks after the wedding and the CD soon after, which was quicker than I expected. I am absolutely in LOVE with my pictures! Everyone also has commented on how beautiful and professional the pictures look. Emma caught moments that I missed being that it's pretty hectic for the bride and groom on the big day. We are currently working on the albums and I cannot wait to see how they come out. She designed the album and placed the order so quickly. Her top-notch service and skill are worth every penny, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Pamela W

Emma is a pleasure to work with and a true professional. She has experience both in front and behind the camera which gives her a unique perspective when working with clients. She is detail oriented and makes sure everything is in place in her shots. We can't recommend her... Read More enough!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Katlin D

My husband and I got married this past April and we have nothing but great things to say about Emma and her team. I was planning a wedding from out of state and Emma had great patience with us as we communicated via phone, skype, and email. She knew what was important to us and... Read More this is reflected beautifully in our photos. We also felt that she made us a priority when she made a trip out to Staten Island just to see our venue beforehand; this showed a great deal of pride and commitment. The day of our wedding was nothing short of wonderful and the photos captured all the emotion and energy that we and our guests were feeling. To finish it off our experience, Emma had our photos ready and edited within a month of our wedding; the perfect turn around time for "thank you" cards. Emma and Massimo did a wonderful and we highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Rachel B

Emma is a true talent. She's punctual, incredibly efficient, and has a keen critical eye. I'm not even sure words will do her work justice. Most of all, Emma is an ARTIST. Her photos are taken and edited just so, with flattering, light effects done in post-production to really... Read More bring out the day and tell a story. I literally want to frame every single photo and hang them on my wall as art. They deserve to be seen and admired by all.

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Lauren G

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Emma Cleary as our photographer for our wedding on April 8th, 2o17 at Seasons Catering and Events in NJ. Emma was excellent at giving us direction during our wedding shoot (which we needed) and she captured beautiful moments... Read More throughout our wedding. Emma is very organized, professizonal, easy to communicate with, and is truly a talented photographer! I highly recommend using Emma as your photographer if you are looking for outstanding, memorable photos.

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Jeri L

We are extremely glad we decided to work with Emma and her team. She was professional, responsive and knowledgeable. She always responded to our questions in a timely fashion (we've exchanged multiple emails within the hour on several occasions) and not only with answers but... Read More often pointing out things we overlooked. Her work was also beautiful and timely, we got our photos back within 4 weeks!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Sabrina F

We hired Emma Cleary to shoot our engagement photos and our wedding and it was a great decision. We looked at a lot of talented photographers, but chose Emma because her photos were just more vibrant. She truly takes exquisite photographs. We just received our wedding photos and... Read More couldn't be happier. Thank you Emma!

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Annie S

Emma and her team did a wonderful job! We could not have been more thrilled with the way our pictures turned out. She was punctual, attentive, and nothing short of professional. Her eye to capture the shot was spot on. We loved her photojournalist style and her team was... Read More present, but never felt in the way. We highly recommend Emma and her team. Thank you again!!

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Jenna E

Aaron and Massimo were absolutely incredible photographers and captured the very essence of how we felt on our wedding day. Emma was a true pleasure to work with - very professional, responsive, and helpful. Aaron and Massimo were an extension of this and they made us feel very... Read More calm on our wedding day. Everything was orchestrated perfectly. We were thrilled with the photos and loved the video as well. I would recommend Emma and her team in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Patricia D

Emma and her team provided quality photographs. On our wedding day, she was able to gather guests into photos in a polite and persuasive manner. She expressed patience and attention to detail, which was reflected in our photographs.

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Brittany E

Emma Cleary Photography did a great job with our wedding day photos. In preparation for the wedding, Emma was very professional and she always responded to inquires promptly. Our actual photographers the day of were Massimo and Aaron, but Emma did all of the editing. I felt... Read More the price we paid was fair. I was impressed with the final product and most of the shots came out beautifully. A few of the shot selections seemed a bit odd to me but we can chalk that up to artistic differences. Overall the photo series was fantastic. Emma turned around the images within the time-frame she had promised. I would recommend her and her team for any event. One minor quibble, on the day of the wedding I had thought Aaron was supposed to be the lead photographer as I had met with him ahead of time. However, on the day of the wedding, the lead turned out to be Massimo. Nevertheless, I was very happy with the way the photos turned out!

2017-01-31T08:23:17 Response from the vendor

Hello, thank you for the wonderful review, much appreciated! I do not know who this is because the wedding date is not accurate and your name is not visible, but please email me and I would love to discuss this. I am not aware of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Jackie T

As a former photographer, I knew that hiring a wedding photographer would be no easy task. I have a pretty critical eye when it comes to photos and so finding a photographer who's aesthetic was one that really spoke to me was of great importance. When I found Emma Cleary and... Read More her work I was totally in awe. Every photo on her website was perfection, and when I had the chance to look through more albums in person during our consultation, again every photo was more beautiful than the next. This is why we hired Emma, because each photo we saw was flawless and she delivered on our day as well. Emma has a keen understanding of lighting and composition and her assistant Massimo is so talented as well. He captured my 90-year-old grandpa in one particular portrait that basically sums up my sweet grandpa perfectly; I'll always be so grateful to have that photo. With over a thousand photos to choose from, there were SO many good ones - it's hard to pick which will go in the album! Along with the incredibly talented videographer, Edison Koo, beautiful moments were captured with family members and friends that we will treasure forever.

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Andrea N

We were so thrilled to have had Emma as our photographer for our December wedding. She was a recommended vendor of our venue, India House/Masterpiece Catering, and the venue itself had shown us examples of her work when we first looked at the establishment. We knew instantly... Read More she was talented with a keen eye for detail, and as we did further research (not knowing much about wedding or photography in general) we easily saw that she stood out among an endless list of others offering their photography services. In particular, Emma has an ability to capture the moments of the wedding very candidly without ever looking contrived. Her photos also seemed to bring life to the events she captured. We twice worked with her, once for our engagement shoot, and then obviously for the wedding. Both times we were so pleased with the final product, and we were left with gorgeous photos to show off to and share with our family and friends. Working with her was very natural, as she quietly works an event without detracting from everyone's focus on the couple. We also loved Massimo, who worked with her on the day of our wedding. Both Emma and Masssimo were a delight to have there on our wedding day, documenting all the great moments we want to remember. Most importantly, they were extraordinarily organized on the day of the wedding. They worked with us and our venue manager to establish a timeline that was stress-free and never left us rushing to finish pictures as guests arrived. She also built in some down-time for the photos so that my husband and I had time to just relax with our wedding party before the ceremony. She also thought of things that never occurred to me, like bringing invitations for the photography and setting up beautiful photos of the dress, that I would have never thought about. Her and Massimo were able to walk us through some of the details of the day that we may not have been aware of otherwise. Everything went so smoothly, and knowing you can trust her knowledge and experience to help you through the day is an asset than can never be discounted. You will not be disappointed if you choose Emma Cleary Photogrpahy for your wedding!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Laura M

Emma and Massimo were a fantastic duo! We chose our wedding venue, Boscobel House and Gardens because of the stunning grounds and views of the Hudson River Valley. Living internationally, it was not easy to plan our wedding, especially selecting a photographer, arguably one of... Read More the most important elements of a wedding. From the trusted advice of my sister, who met Emma at The Garrison, we booked Emma with only a few email correspondences. Emma was responsive and flexible from the very start, answering questions for us remotely and scheduling an in person meeting when I was home visiting family over the summer. Emma’s calm, reassuring demeanor was the perfect fit for our unique circumstances. We couldn’t be more delighted as Emma captured amazing photos of our special day and was extremely professional throughout. Prompt, patient and creative, Emma arrived with a smile and a sense of tranquility that immediately put the bride, mother of the bride and bridesmaids at ease. Massimo snapped great shots of the groom and groomsmen, as they prepped in a nearby location. Quiet and unassuming, he captured small, yet significant moments in a genuine manner. Emma ensured that our wedding was forever remembered with countless photos in a myriad of locations around the expansive, historical grounds and along the Hudson River. She found beauty in the most surprising places that we hadn’t thought of! Emma was terrific at navigating and bringing together our large family and was able to snap incredible shots of everyone! Emma’s professionalism and expertise allowed her to direct us and our family and friends in an effortless manner. We are so grateful to have so many remarkable photos of our wedding. Thank you, Emma for making our day with family and friends unforgettable!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Rachel R

We were so lucky to have Emma as our photographer! She made our wedding day a breeze, as she led the show but wasn't too intrusive when it came to taking pictures. She knew our venue well, which was super helpful, as she told us the exact spots to take photos. Would highly... Read More recommend her!

Emma Cleary

I am so grateful that I get to shoot gorgeous weddings for a living. I consider myself lucky to have my own business with an amazing team and so many wonderful clients whom I stay in touch with over the years. Feel free to email or call me, I would love to meet you and hear all about your wedding!