Beautiful, creative, flawless photojournalism.

We are a small team of extremely enthusiastic artists with an eye for detail and a passion for capturing memories for couples in New York City and all over the world. We know that its not just about creating breathtaking photos and videos. We take pride in being fantastic people too. Whether your affair is a few people or a few hundred people, we take the same care to capture your wedding photography in the most candid and natural way. Our images have been described as dramatic, lighthearted, beautiful and fun. Emma Cleary personally guides each bride through the process of planning your shot list and scheduling your photos. Emma also personally processes and retouches each wedding and designs every album to ensure the finest quality and craftsmanship. Emma was formally trained as a painte

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

523 E 14th st, New York, NY We happily travel anywhere! (646) 662-7241

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Didi A

We had the pleasure of having Emma take our wedding photos and it was an amazing experience from beginning to end! My wedding was at a lovely venue in Chelsea and, for me, photography was going to be one of the most important elements. After looking at a million portfolios,... Read More Emma was my first choice and it was one of the best choices I made. She was incredibly kind, patient and professional throughout. Before the event, she was both patient and thorough in our discussions of what to expect on the day of, and was even very understanding when certain elements of our planning changed a few weeks beforehand. On the day of, she arrived early and well-prepared. More importantly, she was a super-pro at EVERYTHING. The wedding was partially outdoors in a shaded garden (in 95 degree weather, no less), followed by a formal luncheon indoors, and the timing was pretty tight with each transition in the programme. She knew every shot she wanted to get and was focused and confident in making sure she got all of the shot we wanted and many others that we hadn’t even considered. She creatively used the space and took photos that turned out amazing at the end. But I suppose the most important part of this review is the finished product. The photos were incredible. I am a perfectionist who’s pretty stingy with praise, yet that sentence is the only way I can describe the wonderful job she’s done. She captured so many moments I remembered vividly, many that I’d forgotten, and many more that I didn’t even know took place but am truly glad to have seen. As I expected, she has a fantastic understanding of how to capture and utilize lighting to everyone’s advantage, taking equally gorgeous photos in the hazy sunlight of the garden and the muted lighting of the dining room. What was more impressive (and a happy surprise) was her skill in capturing a wide range of people and making them all look beautiful. Our wedding was a bit of a UN affair, with guests from the US, Europe, Africa and Latin America. So many different complexions and styles, all captured beautifully. I also loved that, in addition to putting everyone at ease so that the posed shots looked comfortable and natural rather than stiff and awkward, she took great action shots – my in-laws laughing together over the signing of the wedding certificate, my best friend and I sharing a teary hug, my fiance and his brother sharing a quiet moment before I walked down the aisle, two friends of mine ours from different countries who had never met beforehand sharing a laugh, etc. She was able to capture all of these moments while being completely unobtrusive. You wouldn’t even know she was capturing any of these moments until you saw the photos! We couldn’t have asked for a more talented photographer. We’re going to treasure these photos for the rest of our lives. Hoping all of you have the chance for an equally wonderful experience.

2016-10-02T14:05:44 Response from the vendor

Wow thank you Didi for such an amazing and thorough review! It was a pleasure working with you and your lovely fiance. All the best! - Emma

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Amanda M

Emma and her assistant were such a wonderful and skillful team! They were both calm and thoughtful as they captured all of the special moments of our wedding, both big and small! My husband and I, and our family, were over the moon when she sent us all of the photos from our... Read More wedding day. Emma had a way of capturing pure joy and paying attention to all of the details within the surrounding environment. Needless to say, we would highly recommend her to any couple!

Best Photographer

Reviewed on 1/05/2014 Rachel H

I could not have had a better experience from start to finish with Emma. I so highly recommend her to everyone I meet - not just because her work is FANTASTIC but because she was so nice and easy to work with. She responded within a day to any email I sent which was very... Read More helpful since most of my vendors had to be followed up with two and three times for answers. I can't even begin to describe how GORGEOUS my pictures came out. We get endless compliments on them and I'm so happy that I now have a beautiful way to remember our wedding day. We also used Emma for videography - I haven't received the DVD yet but I'm sure that will be fantastic too. If you look at her website you'll see how great her use of color is and how beautiful and artistic the shots are. I gave Emma a list of 'ideal' pictures to get (candid shots, posed shots, details of the decor, etc). I heard her ask the second photographer several times throughout the night if he had gotten everything I asked for. And they both did. We also extended the reception by almost 2 hours and even though they had traveled out of town to shoot my wedding they had no problem staying. They were amazing.

Reviewed on 3/20/2018 Valentina P

It's easy to see how beautiful Emma's photos are, but we would like to emphasize that working with her is equally as pleasing. She made time to have a lot of communication with us before the wedding, so as to clearly meet all of our very specific needs. On the day of our... Read More wedding, Emma was very helpful, going above and beyond normal photographer duties. When we needed her for specific pictures she was always right there, and when we just wanted to enjoy ourselves she seamlessly blended in. Massimo came up with some great angles and original ideas and really added another eye. We particularly loved that she didn't overload us with every shot they took, she presented us with a manageable set of carefully curated photos. We highly recommend working with Emma.

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Inah R

Emma and Nikola were very professional and both were a pleasure to work with. The photos were absolutely beautiful and everyone loved them! We barely noticed them at the wedding but they were still able to capture every important moment. We can't wait to see the album!

Reviewed on 1/21/2018 Beckie

Emma & Massimo shot our October 2017 wedding and it was wonderful. From our initial meeting to answering questions along the way Emma was very attentive and helped provide expert professional guidance & advice. I appreciated Emma's straight forward & relaxed approach to... Read More shooting, she showed up calm cool and collected, prioritized any requests we had and helped naturally guide us while thoughtfully focusing on capturing who we were on that day. The nerves, the laughs, the tears, it all made it in. All first looks aside (which were wonderful) they way Emma & Massimo captured the ceremony and the reception exceeded my expectations. Every in between moment and every couple, child, and family member was captured in such a special way. Forget shot sheets, posing, and table visits — letting them do their thing while we just had a great time was the best, highly recommend. The care, detail, and expertise with which Emma edited the photos was truly remarkable, so grateful to have such a fantastic day captured forever in such a immaculate way.

Reviewed on 1/19/2018 Kristina G

Emma and her team were so wonderful! True professionals in every sense of the word. I was very happy with the final results and the quality of the pictures! I have recommended her to all of my friends!

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 Kristal S

Emma is an absolutely amazing photographer. Not only did she take incredible pictures at my wedding, any specific picture I asked for she made sure she got for me. I was a very stressed bride and she was still able to work with me and not only calm me down but take amazing... Read More pictures in the process. From my experience with her, it is obvious that every job she takes is incredibly important to her and it shows. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Emma and her work.

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Samantha S

We used Emma Cleary Photo and Video for our New York City Wedding on 11/25/17. Emma, Massimo and Aaron were so amazing to work with. Our pictures were just amazing. We had told Emma when we first met that we wanted to take many "New York City" photos on the day of the wedding... Read More and she did not disappoint! She sent us a schedule prior to the wedding setting out times for first looks and made sure that we got our New York City photos on Stone Street and in Battery Park. Her organization was superb! On the day of the wedding Aaron and Massimo arrived on time and their creative eyes really captured our day in such a beautiful way. My best friend recommended Emma Cleary to me last year and I would recommend her to anyone looking for artistic and beautiful photos and video.

Reviewed on 12/24/2017 Shweta A

Emma and her associates are absolutely wonderful!!! We had Massimo and Dimitri photograph our wedding and they captured our wedding day perfectly! They are so easy to work with and really friendly genuine people. The photographs are better than we even imagined. We feel so... Read More fortunate to have had this crew working with us on such a special occasion! Thank You!!

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Jyoti E

Emma did an unbelievable job at capturing our wedding day. The pictures are beyond beautiful. They are absolutely stunning!!! I'm having a hard time with which pictures I'd want in my album...I want them all. Emma had photographed us for our engagement shoot as well and the... Read More feedback from our friends and family further affirmed our appreciation of the pictures. Emma and her 2nd shooter (Massimo) are extremely professional and were on time and ready to go on the day of the wedding. They know all the details that need to be captured and work with you for any special requests. My pictures could easily belong in a high fashion magazine. The quality of their work is unparalleled and I would choose Emma and her team for any future events in a heartbeat.

2017-12-10T07:28:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jyoti, it helps to have a gorgeous couple. :)

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Ambre P

Emma was a true professional - she was responsive, insightful and provided us with our photos in a timely manner. And most importantly, she took fantastic photos. My only complaint is that there are so many wonderful pictures, I'm not sure which ones to frame!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Kara S

We were so lucky to have Emma take our engagement photos. SHE IS INCREDIBLY PROFESSIONAL. She responds quickly to questions and concerns, and even though our photo shoot ran over (due to traffic) she never hurried us along or gave us any less than her 100% attention. Her... Read More pictures are beautiful and timeless, and I would definitely recommend Emma Cleary Photo and Video to others!!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Katie B

My fiancé and I️ are jokesters, and we rarely engage in PDA. We knew we wanted engagement photos, but we were terrified about the discomfort/awkwardness of the whole experience. From the get-go, Emma understood our vibe and immediately adapted to make sure we stayed true to our... Read More personalities, while also sprinkling in the romanticism that we wanted. Her direction was incredibly helpful, and she kept us moving to different locations so we could have a variety in our photos. We received the photos today, and we couldn’t be happier. Emma Cleary is truly an artist. Book her!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Grace p

We hired Emma for our engagement shoot at Central Park in April and also for our wedding in Oct for both photo and video. The engagement photos came out great. She captured the cherry blossom and the pictures were just beautiful. We used them everywhere for our wedding in Oct.... Read More We are SO happy with what we have seen so far.. haven’t received the wedding video yet but can’t wait!! Emma and her team are professional. They know what looks good. Unique angles for shots that just came out amazing. It’s one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She is easy to communicate with and truly great to work with. We HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend!!

2017-11-08T07:53:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you Grace! :)

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Sarah J

Emma Cleary and Massimo were the perfect duo to photograph our wedding. Very professional and organized! I have no complaints or hesitations while writing this review. Emma is the best photographer I could find and our pictures turned out gorgeous!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Alison R

My fiancé and I are so happy with our decision to book Emma as our wedding photographer. We recently took engagement photos and are so pleased with the results. The photos are absolutely gorgeous, but most importantly for us, Emma helped us feel very comfortable and well... Read More directed during the shoot. She is the perfect combination of professional yet approachable. We were very impressed with her efficiency and ability to capture a multitude of shots during our 1 hour shoot at the expansive NY Botanical Gardens. Another thing we love about Emma is how quickly she responds to emails which we definitely cannot say about some other wedding vendors we’re working with this year. We’re looking forward to having Emma capture our wedding day and are confident we’ll love the results.

2017-11-01T08:11:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Alison! It was such a pleasure, glad you like the photos!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Grace P

My fiance and I recently had our engagement shoot with Emma and could not be happier with how it went! We were so lucky to be able to shoot in Central Park (where we got engaged!) and Emma even took the time to go to the exact spot where my fiance proposed to snap some very... Read More special photos for us. She is extremely talented, knowing how to best utilize the gorgeous autumn light and capture the little candid moments in between poses (can't wait to see what she captures on our wedding day!). We recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer who will bring beautiful care and attention to detail to your special day!

2017-11-01T08:11:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you Grace and Matt! Looking forward to the wedding!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Caitlin J

We hired Emma as our wedding photographer (Oct 2017) and found her and her assistant, Dimitry, to be a great team and a calming presence throughout the day. They never interfered with the fun we were having at the reception and yet still ended up capturing some amazing action... Read More shots of us and our friends. We are very happy with the end result and would highly recommed her to other couples!

2017-11-01T08:12:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you Caitlin! It was such a pleasure :)

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Brittany R

Emma and her team are spectacular. Emma was our wedding photographer and traveled to Philadelphia for us to capture our wedding. She's easygoing, professional and has great attention to detail. She captured all the great little moments throughout the day. I don't know how she... Read More did it, but she did. She and her team are total professionals. Book them! You won't regret it. :)

2017-10-28T09:53:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you Brittany! It was such a pleasure shooting your beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Rachel R

We were very lucky to have Emma as our wedding photographer. We first began working with her in November 2016, when she did our engagement photos. We were so happy with the results, that we used the photos on our wedding website and for our save the dates. On our wedding day... Read More in September, Emma was professional, organized, and easy to work with. She brought Massimo as her assistant, and it was a pleasure working with him as well. It was wonderful to get such a variety of shots from the two of them. And we felt at ease all night, knowing they were capturing all of the best moments. Emma's work as a photo editor really shines through in the results and we're absolutely thrilled with her work. We would definitely recommend her, and hopefully have the opportunity to work with her again.

2017-10-22T22:10:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you Rachel and Min! I appreciate the kind words. you guys are so sweet, thank you for having us shoot your wedding. We loved working with you and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Melissa P

My fiancé and I went to Emma for our engagement photos and could not be happier! From the minute we contacted her, Emma was warm, receptive, and responsive to all of our needs! Emma made us feel comfortable from the moment we started taking pictures and continued to coach us... Read More throughout our session! Every photo she took captured a different, artistic moment, while still being beautiful and intimate! We cannot thank Emma enough for her fantastic work and the beautiful pictures we will have for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Allen K

Emma and her company provided exceptional service throughout our wedding process. Emma was always quick to respond to our questions and respected all of our requests. On the day of, Massimo and Aaron were incredibly friendly and professional and really captured the feel of the... Read More day. The photos came out perfect and we can’t wait to see the video!

Emma Cleary

I am so grateful that I get to shoot gorgeous weddings for a living. I consider myself lucky to have my own business with an amazing team and so many wonderful clients whom I stay in touch with over the years. Feel free to email or call me, I would love to meet you and hear all about your wedding!