EncoreEventGroup • DJs Photo Booths • Lighting Drapery

Rockwood, MI

DJs that Care about Your Wedding as Much as You

It's hard to find a DJ that fits with you & your fiance's style. If you truly want to plan the BEST reception ever, look no further! Encore's approach to weddings is customized with modern DJs, lighting design, silk drapery, & color changing booths. Contact us today, to plan your AMAZING reception.

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100

21495 Russell Street, Rockwood, MI (877) 643-8368

DJ, lighting & photobooth

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Felicia H

I hired Encore for DJ, photobooth & lighting, and it was worth EVERY PENNY! I had Dave & Kevin at my wedding and they were both amazing at their job. Super friendly and made sure my wedding reception was perfect. They went above & beyond !! I had a fall themed wedding; and the... Read More extra touch with the up lighting made it feel like we were in a giant pumpkin (which is what I wanted!!!!) the sound active lights were amazing... sound quality= top knotch. I just cannot express how pleased I am with this company. Who you hire makes a huge difference on if your wedding is awesome or if it sucks... I did a great job by hiring these guys !!!! The photobooth was SUCH a hit! We fit 13 people in the booth at once, and we beat the record; so when you hire them, be sure to try to beat our record ;-) -Felicia Campbell

2013-07-18T14:26:44 Response from the vendor

We set a record in the photo booth YAY! It was great working with you and Adam! I saw the pictures a couple of months ago, your reception looked beautiful : )

EncoreEventGroup

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Michelle P

Sam and Rob were absolutely awesome! they did a great job the week prior to the wedding making sure all of our arrangements were perfect and kept in good contact. They even surprised me with a special request from my brother, dancing with me after the Dad/Bride dance. They... Read More also went the extra mile and came up to me and my new husband multiple times in the beginning during and after asking us what we needed, if we wanted the tempo changed or if we even wanted drinks or anything else. I could not believe the level of service they provided. They played all the songs I requested prior to the wedding which were loaded on the website and also played songs we requested right away. As for the lighting, we got so many compliments on how everything looked and how perfect everything was. Our guests also LOVED the photo booth. It's a must add feature at a wedding - I think they are absolutely great to add to any wedding!

2014-06-11T14:13:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind review. It was great getting to know you and your husband during the wedding planning process. Here is a link to a highlight video from your reception https://vimeo.com/80824011 . PS, we got back the USB stick back from your... Read Less Read More

Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Sarah A

We loved having Encore Event Group as our DJ. They helped us prepare and make our day special. It was everything we could have wished for and more. I am already recommending them to others. Our family and friends loved how they could even request songs before hand.

2013-10-23T15:48:36 Response from the vendor

Hi Sarah we want to thank you for the feedback. Jordan enjoyed working with you and your family! We are glad to hear that everyone loved our Pick n Play feature. It's a great way to find out what guests want to dance to before... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 mike s

We used Encore Event Group for our wedding at the end of October and I can't speak highly enough of the job they did. We used them for ceremony sound, lighting and drapery, and DJ services and they delivered in all areas. Rob and Nicci were both great to work with and were very... Read More responsive. Their studio is a great way to get a feel for how certain lighting and drapery will look as well as their DJ style. Rob even took the time to play a set for us and it was clear he has a passion for what he does. We had a wide selection of music we wanted played, including a number of uncommon Latin songs which he went out of his way to download. The Client Portal made planning everything very easy and the in- person meeting before our event made sure all last minute questions were answered. The lighting and drapery they did transformed a plain ball room into a spectacular venue and we could not have been happier with how everything looked. Rob DJ'd our event and they did a terrific job. He interacted with the crowd, made sure everyone got out on the dance floor, and did a great job mixing in all different types of music. The City of Lights package was money well spent and really brought the party to life. We received so many comments from family and friends about how great the reception was and that they've never been to a wedding where the dance floor was so packed all night. Rob told us we were in good hands and he was right. Thank you for the terrific job you guys did and for making our wedding so great! I would not hesitate to recommend EEG.

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Daniel D

We hired EEG for DJ, lighting, and photo booth and for the price I was less than impressed. Our DJ was very young, and just seemed rather inexperienced... which was a let down compared to the sales pitch you get when you sign the contract. He generally did a poor job switching... Read More genres, and only played a couple of slow songs- despite me and my husband making requests for more slower songs. He also mispronounced nearly everyone's name for our wedding party introductions- and this was after a phone call and a check in on the day of to verify the pronunciations. We also had a song on a flash drive that was for the mother-son dance, and he talked over the beginning and end of the song, which was the special parts of the song. Overall, I wasn't dissatisfied but I also wasn't pleased (especially for the price)! The photo booth was great though, everyone loved it!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Leah B

Honestly, I don’t even know where to start....we booked our DJ, photo booth, uplighting, chandelier columns, and drapery from them. We spent a lot of money and there is no excuse for all the things that went wrong. When we originally booked over a year ago, we were told we... Read More could request Rob and that if he wasn’t available, that they pick their DJ’s for the events that year in January and we could make an appt to meet with our DJ and hear their work. Every time I tried to contact Nicole and Rob to find out who our DJ was, I was always told that they were focusing on the weddings for this month and to call back in September. Fast forward to September and I was told they’re working on the weddings for this weekend and they’ll get back to me. I get an email a week before our wedding stating our DJ’s name and phone number and to call him by the Tuesday before our wedding if he doesn’t contact us. I ended up texting him because I work midnights and he calls me on Wednesday. His computer wasn’t working so we couldn’t go over everything and he said he would call me Thursday. I ended up calling him Thursday and asked if we could talk Friday at 10am instead and he said that would work. Fast forward to Friday at 3pm and no phone call...so I called him and got no answer. I then called Rob and he told me that Brandon (our DJ) was with him helping set up a venue right now and couldn’t talk. I said we changed our entrance songs with our bridesmaids so I wanted to go over that with him and Rob said don’t worry, he can go over that with you before the reception and that it’ll only take 7 minutes. I said well can he call me tonight and Rob said no sorry he’ll be working until 3am and then will be at another venue to set up at 8am the next day (the day of our wedding). So I texted Brandon the song changes because I didn’t feel comfortable waiting until the day of my wedding to go over that since I had other things to worry about the morning of. So fast forward to the ceremony and reception and we didn’t get to talk to him. We went over the songs that everyone was walking into and I asked him to practice saying everyone’s names since I had a feeling he didn’t know how to pronounce our last name. I’m really glad I had him do that because he didn’t get anyone’s names right. The first couple walking in, he blanked on my cousins name, he didn’t play the right part of the songs. One group danced into ymca and the ymca part didn’t even play until they got to their seats. He also pronounced most of their names wrong and pronounced our names wrong even after practicing saying it multiple times. After cutting the cake, we sat down and the first song he decides to play is the song we were supposed to dance to as our first dance as husband and wife. I quickly had our videographer tell him to switch the song. He also announced that we were having a plated dinner and we were actually having a buffet. Then, he started playing the song my dad and I were supposed to dance to while I was having my dress bussled I had to have them stop so I could go dance with my dad. It was a joke with how bad he was, I just hope no one else experiences what we did. We were so disappointed, especially considering how much money we paid.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Jeff Y

TL;DR Rob and Nicole are terrible at communication and customer service and do not respond to phone calls or emails in a timely manner. They do not care about you or your event once they have your money. Do not tell them you’re unhappy with their service or else they’ll make up... Read More excuses. They don’t take responsibility for anything and don’t apologize. On the surface, it appears EEG does great work, and I’m sure they do, but because we were not paying thousands of dollars, we had an experience contrary to the abundant 5 star ratings. We had a terrible DJ for our wedding and detailed our concerns to the owner, but our voice fell on deaf ears. Rob and Nicole at first were very nice and inviting and put on an impressive in-studio demonstration as to what we would be getting if we chose them - we signed up on the spot. That was the extent of our pleasant interactions with them. We spoke to our DJ, Todd, on the phone the week of our wedding and gave him details. He messed up the timing of our grand entrance after we timestamped it out and discussed it with him multiple times. For the bride and groom’s first dance, he forgot our last name saying “he lost that page”. Whereas, Rob responded to this point saying “you might have mistakenly thought he forgot your last name”. The video does not lie. Throughout the night, our guests asked where we found this guy and if he was drunk. Doesn’t speak to the “5 Star Reviews” you read about. Embarrassing. Todd displayed no energy and did nothing to engage the audience. When brought up, Rob responded saying, “Todd was professional and poised however he was not instructed by you to make announcements and get guests out of their seats.” Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize I had to hold his hand the entire night. Apparently, we didn’t get the “Self-Motivated DJ Package”. EEG states on their site, “We care about the success of your event as much as you,” which is a load of garbage. They did not care about any of our concerns prior to or after our wedding. But hey, at least he showed up and played the songs we wanted, right? I could have done that myself using my phone. Throughout our time with EEG, they have been near impossible to get a hold of. Days turned into weeks while waiting for an email response. Evenings went by without the promised phone call. Rob and Nicole showed up an hour late to our meeting and all the while we were talking to Rob, he was on his phone the whole time. Overall I’m immensely upset with Rob, Nicole, and Todd. Their website states 7 core values that they simple do not follow. Once they have your deposit, they do not care about you or what you want. Unless you’re paying $5k+, they don’t want to be bothered with you, which is sad. Their communication is the worst I’ve ever experienced dealing with a service and when you find faults with them, they will become defensive and create elaborate lies in a futile attempt to spin the truth. Rob and Nicole were not at our event, yet they spoke like they were and every mishap was our fault or misinterpretation. They are very unprofessional when it comes to customer service and cannot handle criticism. I cannot stress enough how awful of an experience it was to work with them. Our wedding was still a blast but it was in no way, shape, or form attributed to or enhanced by the services provided by Encore Event Group or their employees. I won’t be surprised if they take down my review because they don’t like the truth.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Emily H

This company has excellent reviews, and after meeting them initially, we understood why. They do in-studio demonstrations, they show videos and examples of past events, and they seem genuinely great at first. We had a constellation/galaxy themed wedding - we wanted the starry... Read More sky lighting, and Encore Event Group was one of the only companies that we could find who had it. The lighting was great. However, that is about the only part of our experience that was good. Our DJ was a joke. He was rude to guests, he ignored (or got incorrect) a majority of our simple requests (song placement, shortening a formal song/dance, entrance timing, bridal party last names, etc.), he forgot our last name as we were being introduced for our first dance, and he did NOT do one thing to get our crowd pumped up and out of their seats - once the dance floor was open, he simply played the songs on our request form and we did not hear his voice again until he announced last call (this is major, seeing as EEG will tell you over and over again that they ARE the entertainment for your event, and not to worry about a thing - afterwards, we were told that we should have instructed the DJ to be more interactive). I could go on and on, but it is my feeling that even 2-3 of those items is enough to express dissatisfaction. We reached out to the owners of the company following our event (requesting a refund) and at first they were very nice and understanding. The second call did not go well. They forgot our meeting time (that they set up), and they were extremely defensive and would not listen to us at all. They called us “confrontational” - we were upset because as we waited over an hour for them to call us at their scheduled time, and we finally got ahold of them, only to hear that they didn’t recall setting up the meeting. No apology. We were told that we were mistaken about things that we know happened, and essentially this company called us and our guests liars. Please keep in mind that neither of the owners were actually at our event. Overall, their reactions to our concerns made our experience ten times worse. Over the course of our 15 month engagement, this company was hard to get in contact with, they were late to meetings (they usually did call ahead to say this), and at one meeting, the owner texted on his phone the whole time I was speaking to him. We should have taken these as red flags. They did offer us a small refund ("as a courtesy"), which we ended up declining. I would not do business with this company again, nor will I ever recommend them to anyone looking for DJ and wedding entertainment services.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Mi-Hae K

Wow!!! Rob and his team outdid themselves at our wedding a few weeks ago in Detroit. To be honest--we had a bit of a scheduling mishap and miscommunication from the outset, but I am so, so happy that that didn't deter either us or Rob from meeting... because once we did... we... Read More fell in love with Rob's patience, enthusiasm, and passion for what he does. From the get-go, my husband and I knew that we didn't want the typical wedding songs or the so-called "push play DJ" at our wedding. We wanted someone who could get a feel for the type of music that we and our guests loved -- electronic, rap, hip-hop, even some k-pop (I'm of Korean descent). Rob, however, didn't shy away from this challenge and from our first meeting (which, by the way, he and his wife stayed open late to accommodate my schedule) he did some live mixing for us. If you EVER get a chance to have Rob mix for you--ask him to do so. You'll really get to see his talent and excitement shine when you hear country mixed with EDM, K-pop mixed with rap, etc. From that moment, we knew that we had our DJ. Rob also brought to life our vision of the perfect space for our reception. He provided a starry night sky for our ballroom reception, flashing and stationary lighting to match the space and music, white couches around the perimeter of the dance floor for guests to relax but still join in on the fun as it got late into the night, and a greenscreen photo/video booth (which Rob then used to put together our concept of a wedding music video of our guests dancing around like crazy in front of the images and videos that my husband and I selected). If you are someone who has a vision of the kind of wedding you want and need someone to execute it and make it even better than you could imagine -- Rob and his team at Encore Event Group is where it's at.

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Lisa V

We hired Encore Event Group for our DJ. We also used the uplighting, backdrop and photobooth. All were beautifully done and just what I expected. Rob is very professional and is a great DJ who knows how to get the crowd pumped! Completely satisfied we chose him. Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Sarah C

Amazing...this company blew me away with their ability to transform a loft space and their professionalism. They provided all the furniture, the lighting and drapping. It was absolutely beautiful.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Jessica B

We are so happy we went with Encore Event Group!! Our wedding was a blast, much thanks to Rob and his staff! The dance floor was full from after dinner to the very last song! He accommodates the whole evening to you and your future spouse's wishes! We also rented mahogany... Read More chiavari chairs that were beautiful and enhanced the look of the room! I definitely recommend making an appointment with them!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 alaa s

Hired them for my wedding last Saturday. I bundled the DJ, lighting, and photobooth. I am extremely happy with their service. They made my wedding day extra special. DJ Jacob was great to work with. The person working the photobooth Honey was also so great, she let us use the... Read More photo booth after the agreed time. I would hire them again for my other event. These people are well worth the money:) thank you again and again

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Shannon K

I hired encore for DJ services for my wedding back in April. Initially I was going to do it on my own, with a borrowed sound system and iPod, but I am sure glad I didn't!!! I ended up going with a DJ LAST minute! And they were so accommodating! Rob was our DJ for the evening and... Read More he was FANTASIC! He was engaging without being too over the top and he did a phenomenal job at reading our guests! People are STILL talking about what an amazing time they had and how great the music was! I definitely recommend them! And if you can get Rob , even better! Thank you guys for making our wedding so much fun!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Donna K

Encore exceeded way beyond our expectations and gave us a night that we will never forget! The up lighting, crystal column chandeliers, the city lights and monogram were absolutely beautiful. The photo booth was so much fun and the two wonderful young women that worked the... Read More booth kept the guests coming for pictures! I loved that! They were so sweet and friendly to all of our guests and were very easy to work with. I was very tearful when I seen the room for the first time, the room was stunning. Nikki was wonderful to work with and very accommodating. All I can say is, I'm so glad we found Encore Event Group to help us with our daughter's wedding, it was absolutely wonderful! Your the best!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Mark H

in the last week Encore was our choice for our July 1, 2017 Belle Isle Casino wedding. My wife had a specific vision for our reception that day. As we walked in, my wife actually broke down in tears at how beautiful the reception was. Encore exceeded our expectations.... Read More From the beautiful draping, Bishop columns, Crystal chandeliers , kicking sound system, City of lights, White lounge furniture, LED glow cubes, photo booth, and Rob DJ the entire night. Rob had an amazing upbeat positive personality and he had everyone dancing. He mounted speakers outside on the veranda and people were dancing outside as well. Encore exceeded our best expectations for the evening. The only reason I rate them with five stars, is because six stars is not option . Thank you very much to ROB and the entire Encore staff!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Katherine A

One of my favorite things about them is their client portal. You can login and pick songs that 'must be played', 'play if you can', and 'don't play'. I literally designed the set list for the night! About a week before the wedding, Rob called me and walked me through an... Read More extensive planning document on the event from the grand entrance, cake cutting, speeches, and first dances. Every detail was covered right down the pronunciation of the names of the people in the bridal party. I didn't see the set up of the DJ booth and light ahead of time because I was a little busy being the bride. However, I had absolutely no concerns that everything would be wonderful and it was. I have nothing but good things to say about Rob and his team at Encore Event Group. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 S F

We had a New Years Eve Wedding and the up-lighting, dance floor, draping behind our head table and monogram were exactly what we asked for. Many of our guests complimented us on our lighting and the overall "feel" of our event space.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Mark S

Rob and the team did a FANTASTIC JOB for us at our wedding. They lights, the music, and the energy from the team was top notch. Would definitely recommend the Encore team to anyone looking for a DJ.

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Gabriela R

When we originally booked them, they seemed eager to help and we were very happy with their customer service. We explained to the company that we are overseas serving and could not physically meet with them. We were assured that it would not be an issue and that they would... Read More respond to email and phone calls as needed. As soon as they received a deposit though, it was almost impossible to get a hold of them for anything. We would ask questions and they would only respond to send an invoice. On numerous occasions we tried calling and emailing our questions but they would go unanswered for weeks. We were originally quoted a price, but as the wedding day got closer, more charges kept getting tacked on for services that were already discussed previously. We were charged an additional $175 to place a single speaker 3 feet outside the reception hall door for the ceremony to play the intro song which they said was the "going to the chapel package". We were originally told we did not need to pay for this package because our ceremony and reception were in one location. Prior to the wedding, the company required us to fill out an extensive form that covered every detail of our wedding (to include song selection) so they would know what we wanted and did not want. We filled out the required paperwork which seemed not to have been used the day of the wedding. We were also told by the operations manager that they have done this venue before and the DJ and lighting would begin setting up three hours before the ceremony. About an hour prior to the wedding, instead of getting ready and putting on my dress and taking photos, I was scrambling trying to get a hold of the DJ who was no where to be found. Even the employee setting up lighting could not reach him and informed us he has not arrived yet. Once the DJ finally arrived and the ceremony had already taken place, things went downhill. The entire PA system went down and started screeching during the best man/matron of honor speech/toast but luckily he was able to rectify the situation fairly quickly. After that, the DJ continuously approached my husband and myself throughout the entirety of the reception seeking guidance on what to do next even though we provided a by the minute schedule. I was far from impressed with the DJ services. But the lighting however, was great. The employee was very professional and knowledgeable. He was able to provide us with more answers in a matter of minutes than the entire operations cell in the span of months.

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Chanah A

Encore Event Group was absolutely fantastic! They worked with us to make sure we had exactly the music selections for our reception that we wanted, hit all of our requests, and added to the list to flesh out our vision and style to a T. The decorations were lovely and... Read More professional, and seeing the doors open to the reception was an experience second only to walking down the aisle. I have already recommended them to my engaged friends!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Darcie C

If it was possible to give negative stars, we would. Lets start with the fact that we booked 15 months out for our wedding. We booked unlimited prints for the photo booth, the city of lights package, and 6 hours of DJ. We spent hours filling out our requests on their "gig... Read More builder" page including instructions for our entrance, do NOT play songs, and must play songs. Nearly every request was ignored. Including the fact that we specifically asked them NOT to do a rally towel entrance at our formal wedding. In the middle of the reception their staff decided to argue with me and told me to pull up my contract to prove what I had paid for. They were refusing to reprint pictures for our guests. The photo booth was extremely slow and they felt the need to jump into the photo booth and do 'magic tricks' before letting guests take the pictures in the booth. Maybe this is how they slow down the use for those that purchase unlimited prints?... Even when asked not to do that they continued with the games in the photo booth throughout the night. Guests were not impressed. Not to mention we wanted the photo booth open during dinner service and their employee spent over an hour eating. The "city of lights" that promises your names to be on the dance floor in lights never happened, we had to beg for our must play songs to be played, and the first two songs of the night were very clearly on our do NOT play list. We went with Encore because they were a very trusted referral, but the crew they sent was not who we worked with for 15 months. It was whoever they pawned us off on after getting our final payment. I have tried to contact Rob and Nicole several times to discuss how disappointed we are with the service we received. I was told Rob would follow up but he has ignored every email and returned no calls. They refuse to respond or address the situation. Naturally their team told them elaborate lies to cover up how careless they were with our event. Even our other vendors recognized the DJ and apologized to us as they had encountered him before at events that also did not go well. Don't expect who you book with to be the same person who shows up at your event. In our case we worked with Chris and Rob and were sold on all of these wonderful things during our booking but the Tuesday before our Saturday wedding we got a call from a DJ we had never interacted with. When you book, you won't know who they will stick you with and that alone should concern you-- I just wish we would have known that when we booked. My husband and I had a perfect day regardless of everything Encore screwed up at our wedding, but I am sick to my stomach that we paid so much money for such an awful experience. The last thing I wanted to do was to write a negative review for a service based company, but after giving them several chances to at least acknowledge and address our experience they have done nothing.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Sarah G

We were looking to rock the night away for our wedding. We just wanted to dance with our friends and family; wanted to enjoy the night. DJ Duane from Encore did just that. From the get-go he was friendly and open to our specific music selections. We scheduled a pre-wedding... Read More meeting and explained what we wanted, what vibe we envisioned for our day and he was open and willing to listen, rather than just tell us what we should do. He was also adamant that the music we did not want played would not be played. The entire team at Encore was attentive to our needs and responsive, which is a big deal when you are from out-of-state. The day of the wedding, Duane played a fantastic selection of music. Just as we’d hoped, our assorted friends and family were out on the dance floor the entire night. One of our friends even told us, “I wanted to go get some of the coney dogs they put out, but he just kept playing good music, so I couldn’t stop dancing." Thank you for keeping our feet moving and putting smiles on our faces.

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Brittany C

Staff is very courteous and well-mannered. They definitely know how to read a crowd and keep the party going! They were so fun to work with and made our hall look absolutely beautiful. We got our DJ, photo booth, draping, and lights from them. They are a one-stop-shop! Great... Read More people to do business with, and we will be coming back to them when we have more parties!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Marilyn D

The only reason I give them 4 stars instead of 5 is because they were somewhat difficult to reach by phone. Lisa, our DJ, was terrific. She knew what to play to keep everyone on the dance floor and accommodated the requests that the MOB made.