EncoreEventGroup • DJs Photo Booths • Lighting Drapery

Rockwood, MI

DJs that Care about Your Wedding as Much as You

It's hard to find a DJ that fits with you & your fiance's style. If you truly want to plan the BEST reception ever, look no further! Encore's approach to weddings is customized with modern DJs, lighting design, silk drapery, & color changing booths. Contact us today, to plan your AMAZING reception.

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

21495 Russell Street, Rockwood, MI (877) 643-8368

DJ, lighting & photobooth

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Felicia H

I hired Encore for DJ, photobooth & lighting, and it was worth EVERY PENNY! I had Dave & Kevin at my wedding and they were both amazing at their job. Super friendly and made sure my wedding reception was perfect. They went above & beyond !! I had a fall themed wedding; and the... Read More extra touch with the up lighting made it feel like we were in a giant pumpkin (which is what I wanted!!!!) the sound active lights were amazing... sound quality= top knotch. I just cannot express how pleased I am with this company. Who you hire makes a huge difference on if your wedding is awesome or if it sucks... I did a great job by hiring these guys !!!! The photobooth was SUCH a hit! We fit 13 people in the booth at once, and we beat the record; so when you hire them, be sure to try to beat our record ;-) -Felicia Campbell

2013-07-18T14:26:44 Response from the vendor

We set a record in the photo booth YAY! It was great working with you and Adam! I saw the pictures a couple of months ago, your reception looked beautiful : )

EncoreEventGroup

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Michelle P

Sam and Rob were absolutely awesome! they did a great job the week prior to the wedding making sure all of our arrangements were perfect and kept in good contact. They even surprised me with a special request from my brother, dancing with me after the Dad/Bride dance. They... Read More also went the extra mile and came up to me and my new husband multiple times in the beginning during and after asking us what we needed, if we wanted the tempo changed or if we even wanted drinks or anything else. I could not believe the level of service they provided. They played all the songs I requested prior to the wedding which were loaded on the website and also played songs we requested right away. As for the lighting, we got so many compliments on how everything looked and how perfect everything was. Our guests also LOVED the photo booth. It's a must add feature at a wedding - I think they are absolutely great to add to any wedding!

2014-06-11T14:13:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind review. It was great getting to know you and your husband during the wedding planning process. Here is a link to a highlight video from your reception https://vimeo.com/80824011 . PS, we got back the USB stick back from your... Read Less Read More

Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Sarah A

We loved having Encore Event Group as our DJ. They helped us prepare and make our day special. It was everything we could have wished for and more. I am already recommending them to others. Our family and friends loved how they could even request songs before hand.

2013-10-23T15:48:36 Response from the vendor

Hi Sarah we want to thank you for the feedback. Jordan enjoyed working with you and your family! We are glad to hear that everyone loved our Pick n Play feature. It's a great way to find out what guests want to dance to before... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Chanah A

Encore Event Group was absolutely fantastic! They worked with us to make sure we had exactly the music selections for our reception that we wanted, hit all of our requests, and added to the list to flesh out our vision and style to a T. The decorations were lovely and... Read More professional, and seeing the doors open to the reception was an experience second only to walking down the aisle. I have already recommended them to my engaged friends!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Darcie C

If it was possible to give negative stars, we would. Lets start with the fact that we booked 15 months out for our wedding. We booked unlimited prints for the photo booth, the city of lights package, and 6 hours of DJ. We spent hours filling out our requests on their "gig... Read More builder" page including instructions for our entrance, do NOT play songs, and must play songs. Nearly every request was ignored. Including the fact that we specifically asked them NOT to do a rally towel entrance at our formal wedding. In the middle of the reception their staff decided to argue with me and told me to pull up my contract to prove what I had paid for. They were refusing to reprint pictures for our guests. The photo booth was extremely slow and they felt the need to jump into the photo booth and do 'magic tricks' before letting guests take the pictures in the booth. Maybe this is how they slow down the use for those that purchase unlimited prints?... Even when asked not to do that they continued with the games in the photo booth throughout the night. Guests were not impressed. Not to mention we wanted the photo booth open during dinner service and their employee spent over an hour eating. The "city of lights" that promises your names to be on the dance floor in lights never happened, we had to beg for our must play songs to be played, and the first two songs of the night were very clearly on our do NOT play list. We went with Encore because they were a very trusted referral, but the crew they sent was not who we worked with for 15 months. It was whoever they pawned us off on after getting our final payment. I have tried to contact Rob and Nicole several times to discuss how disappointed we are with the service we received. I was told Rob would follow up but he has ignored every email and returned no calls. They refuse to respond or address the situation. Naturally their team told them elaborate lies to cover up how careless they were with our event. Even our other vendors recognized the DJ and apologized to us as they had encountered him before at events that also did not go well. Don't expect who you book with to be the same person who shows up at your event. In our case we worked with Chris and Rob and were sold on all of these wonderful things during our booking but the Tuesday before our Saturday wedding we got a call from a DJ we had never interacted with. When you book, you won't know who they will stick you with and that alone should concern you-- I just wish we would have known that when we booked. My husband and I had a perfect day regardless of everything Encore screwed up at our wedding, but I am sick to my stomach that we paid so much money for such an awful experience. The last thing I wanted to do was to write a negative review for a service based company, but after giving them several chances to at least acknowledge and address our experience they have done nothing.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Sarah G

We were looking to rock the night away for our wedding. We just wanted to dance with our friends and family; wanted to enjoy the night. DJ Duane from Encore did just that. From the get-go he was friendly and open to our specific music selections. We scheduled a pre-wedding... Read More meeting and explained what we wanted, what vibe we envisioned for our day and he was open and willing to listen, rather than just tell us what we should do. He was also adamant that the music we did not want played would not be played. The entire team at Encore was attentive to our needs and responsive, which is a big deal when you are from out-of-state. The day of the wedding, Duane played a fantastic selection of music. Just as we’d hoped, our assorted friends and family were out on the dance floor the entire night. One of our friends even told us, “I wanted to go get some of the coney dogs they put out, but he just kept playing good music, so I couldn’t stop dancing." Thank you for keeping our feet moving and putting smiles on our faces.

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Brittany C

Staff is very courteous and well-mannered. They definitely know how to read a crowd and keep the party going! They were so fun to work with and made our hall look absolutely beautiful. We got our DJ, photo booth, draping, and lights from them. They are a one-stop-shop! Great... Read More people to do business with, and we will be coming back to them when we have more parties!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Marilyn D

The only reason I give them 4 stars instead of 5 is because they were somewhat difficult to reach by phone. Lisa, our DJ, was terrific. She knew what to play to keep everyone on the dance floor and accommodated the requests that the MOB made.

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Alexa G

I just got married on April 2ND, 2016 and I was most nervous about the DJ because that's who keeps the party going and sure enough our DJ kept the dance floor full! I am pretty sure I liked every single song he played and he went above and beyond making our wedding a party! I... Read More was very pleased that when my niece requested a song on my "do not play" list, he wouldn't play it without my verbal approval (thankfully, although I gave in). The online planner is amazing and one of my favorite parts of Encore. And the lighting we got definitely brought it all together with the ambiance. So glad I booked them! Not one bad thing to say about them!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Suzy S

OMG!!!! What a party, DJ Duane Serrano really gave our reception the energy we were hoping for. The dance floor was packed the whole night and he kept everything moving at just the right pace. All of our guests are still complimenting on how fun he was and how great the music... Read More was. The lighting was great and the photo booth was a big hit! Working with everyone at EncoreEventGroup was so easy and they really take the difficulty out of planning the reception of your dreams!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Cassie W

Encore did my lighting and music and they were a HIT. First off, pre-wedding they are incredible at communicating. If you email, they email right back. They send you reminder emails, calls, and texts to make sure they have your music info before the ceremony but they are not... Read More annoying or overbearing. They have a call with you before the wedding to go through logistics and verify everything which was so nice and avoided surprises or mistakes later. At the wedding they were awesome! Played amazing music and kept people entertained. One of our DJs even danced to Michael Jackson and was ridiculously amazing!! People were talking about how great they were the next day. Highly recommend Encore, Rob and his whole team!!

DJ, Lighting, and Photo Booth

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Dianna C

I was very pleased with Encore Event Group. I worked with Chris Hall from my initial consultation to the end of my reception. He was a great DJ and the lighting was absolutely amazing. My guests loved the photo booth and the starry ceiling. Working with Chris from the time i... Read More signed my contract and actually having him as the DJ made for a very easy ceremony and reception. For anyone looking for great lighting and entertainment services Encore Event Group and Chris Hall are the ones you want.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Elaine D

We hired Encore Event Group to provide our DJ, Lighting and Photo Booth services and boy did they deliver! We paid extra for the City of Lights upgrade on top of up lighters which came with our package and it was worth every penny. It made a massive difference to the atmosphere... Read More of the reception and even the stubborn guests were seen bopping their stuff on the dance floor! From the off, Encore were friendly, accommodating, professional and helped us a great deal with the planning, particularly as one of us lives abroad. The online system was great, as you can log in any time, anywhere and update or choose your songs and plan the whole evening from your tablet or phone, which is awesome when you are trying to juggle dozens of vendors. The photo booth turned out to be a big hit, and ran smooth as silk throughout the night and our DJ Gerielynn was awesome. We ended up asking her to stay on way after time as the guests were still lively long after midnight, which wasn't a problem at all. All in all, a great experience and great service received from Encore. We would happily recommend them to all.

Reliable and energetic

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Jeniebelle T

To all the future brides and grooms out there. I highly suggest encore event group for your entertainment needs. I truly believe that best dj makes a wedding fun and memorable if everyone is out on the dance floor the entire night. We had a lot of comments from our guests that... Read More they didn't have much pictures bc they were on the dance floor the entire night. Rob did not disappoint us by following all the instructions we gave him,also went above and beyond his duties to make sure everything was running smoothly. His crew kept checking on us if we have any concerns or request for songs to be played- I really appreciate it. We did the bundle with lights, photo booth and dj- it was all worth it. I will hire them again! I am writing a review bc they deserve it and wanted to let everyone know how Good they are. Best of luck, From the new Mr and Mrs. Elliott Vazquez.

Great DJ

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Kimberly G

My husband and I Had Encore event group DJ our Wedding on August 15, 2015. They made the reception a blast. All the guest were dancing and having a great time. Rob really knew how to get the guest involved. He had amazing energy and enthusiasm the whole night. I could not... Read More have asked for a better DJ. I would defiantly use Encore event group again! -Kimberly and Jay Miller

Awesome DJ and Photo Booth!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Melissa B

Gerielynn and Dante of Encore Event Group were extremely professional and made our event run smoothly. Gerielynn checked in with me a number of times throughout the evening to make sure that we were satisfied with the services and she played every song on our wish list. Dante... Read More made the photo booth a fun experience for all our guests. We would definitely book Encore Event Group again.

BEST WEDDING!!!

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 jennifer b

Encore event group was friendly and helpful from the very beginning. I felt 100% comfortable communicating with Rob at any point that I had a question without feeling as if I was annoying him. They were like a one stop shop to everything I needed. I got lots of draping from... Read More them and Christmas lights to go against the wall and a DJ from them. The website they provide you help you log in and check your package any questions that might need to be filled out will be on the easy to use website. A lot when wrong on the day of the wedding and the vendors even screwed up a lot but Encore showed up and did their part flawlessly. I was so impressed how they handle every step of the process to prepare for the wedding day and the day they showed up and needed little next to no direction. I would highly recommend trusting Rob with your wedding day! He was fun and upbeat as a DJ and really listen to what I wanted for the atmosphere.

Definitely Recommend!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Christina P

Great staff - Worked off of very little direction and made my event successful despite multiple problems

Amazing DJs!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Gabrielle Q

Not only was Rob great with meeting the needs of our musical taste, he was also an entertainer. He is a DJ/host that knows how to keep your guests on the dance floor and having fun. Whenever it seemed like the party was dying, he would announce something super fun over the... Read More speakers and get everyone up and going again. Him and his team did an excellent job of keeping the music level where we wanted it, and playing every song on our list. The floor lighting they have is amazing also. It doesn't just beam up, it illuminates a huge surface area, so you get a lot more bang for your buck. We opted out of the Photo Booth, but I have actually been to another party that they did, and the Photo booth they use is top notch and very good quality. I'd recommend Rob and his team at Encore Event Group to anyone who has a wedding coming up or even a Birthday Party! They are flexible and work with your needs, all while being professional and kind. Thank you guys for making our day amazing!

Amazing service and outstanding DJ

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Jennifer K

Thank you for a wonderful wedding reception! I couldn't be happier with the service I received from Encore Event Group. From the time we booked their services and through the our wedding day they were outstanding! The lighting transformed the room and our guests loved the photo... Read More booth. Duane was a great DJ and kept the party going! I think our guests and myself included enjoyed every minute of our reception. I would highly recommend Encore Event Group to anyone!

Stop looking and CALL Rob Now!!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2014 Sarah J

Simply the best! I am so happy that I found Rob and his team when searching online. Well worth every penny! They had every single freakin' person on the dance floor, I mean everyone!!! It was just what we asked for, and the photo booth is a must have! We bought tons of... Read More props a couple days after Halloween for cheap, and Rob created the perfect banner design for the prints. Rob guided the entire night with wonderful timing. From the intro's, cake cutting, mom, dad dance, etc, it flowed perfectly. His team even shot video for us!!!! Our guests are still talking about how this was the only wedding of the year they actually danced at! Don't waste your time or money, call Rob.

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/25/2014 Katie D

Not one complaint! Made my wedding everything I imagined it to be and more. Had to have my reception at a K of C and thanks to Encore they draped and up lighted the room and made it look like a completely different venue! Not only that but they made sure my dance floor was full... Read More the entire night! Would recommend this company to anyone!

Professional, Fun and Unique

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Erin H

Our wedding reception was a huge success and so much fun because of the services provided by Rob and the Encore Event Group team! The lighting made the reception space so beautiful and unique and we received a ton of compliments from guests and the reception staff on how great... Read More it looked. The DJ service was top notch and definitely set the vibe for the entire reception. All of this was rounded off by the awesome photobooth and photobooth attendant. Overall, we went in with high expectations and they were blown away by how professional and fun Encore Event Group was to work with. I would definitely work with Event Encore Event group again.

Absolutely the BEST!

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Amanda D

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect reception! Rob and his crew are the BEST to work with and helped me throughout the entire planning process(even with things that had nothing to do with the DJ, like coming up with a timeline, etc.) The venue we chose was dated and dark,... Read More but not after EEG was finished! The transformation was incredible! We also had people dancing all night long (which I had never seen before) and the photobooth was a success.(plus, my husband and I went through the photo strips on our honeymoon! It was a ton of fun!) I couldn't be happier. Rob and his team are worth every penny! My reception was perfect!

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Victoria P

I used Encore Event Group for my DJ and lighting. Both, were outstanding! Rob answered every one of my questions right away and was extremely helpful. The DJs were amazing and extremely helpful while planning my wedding play list for the ceremony and reception. The lighting was... Read More more than I could have imagined, it was perfect! Guest complemented everything about our DJs and a few even requested their contact information for future events and I was more than happy to give it to them. My wedding went smooth, with zero issues. I give Encore five stars for making my wedding a party to remember.