IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU!

Essen Entertainment's mission is to help make your BIG DAY one of the "Best Days of Your Life!" This journey you are on should be enjoyable, easy, and fun! The personal experience you receive with us is second to none because we cater everything to you and your vision. When needed, we offer our expert advice which helps our clients discover the different aspects of what makes a wedding fantastic in every facet of the word. We know how important this is to you and that makes it important to us! We provide DJ/MCs, Live Music Performances, Photo Booths, Event Lighting, Monograms, Staging, Projectors/Screens, and Original Wedding Songs to honor your Love Story! Contact today for a free consultation. We can't wait to work with you!

African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Reviewed on 1/22/2018 Adriana G

JJ was a phenomenal DJ. Always so friendly and professional each time we talked on the phone or emailed each other. He responds right away and offers suggestions to the many questions you may have about the flow of the evening. He has extensive wedding experience and knows the... Read More importance of a wedding timeline. You can tell he takes pride in his job and will do anything for you to make sure you have a fun filled evening. During our cocktail hour he played guitar and sang for our guests; this was just one of the extra perks when hiring JJ as your wedding DJ. Our wedding was a mix of cultures and JJ was right on top of it when it came to playing our Mexican music and mixing it up with some wedding classics and pop. JJ came highly recommended from our wedding planner and we are so glad we chose him. We also went with his photo booth and of course that was also a success. JJ is what we consider a value option, affordable and good quality vendor. Thank you, JJ for an evening where long lasting memories were made.

Reviewed on 2/19/2018 Dylan K

JJ was wonderful from the very beginning. We had multiple lengthy phone calls from him ahead of our wedding so that he knew exactly what we wanted and he helped guide us through what works best. He made great suggestions that made the entire event flow smoothly and suggested... Read More things that we didn't think about that were some of our favorites, like a private song for just the two of us before we left the reception, it was one of our favorite moments of the night. He was also great in emceeing the entire night and playing live music during our cocktail hour. Our guests loved it. Plus having one person to do live music and DJ made everything so much smoother. If you have the chance to book JJ, do so!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Blaire S

JJ did an amazing job with our wedding. From our very first phone consultation up until the last second, he was thorough with every detail. He was very transparent in what to expect and how the night would go. All my guest loved how he sang before the ceremony and thought he had... Read More a BEAUTFUL voice. His mix of music during the wedding perfect. He listened to what I wanted, and what I DIDN’T want (yes, no country music at a Texas wedding, I know) And even when my guest requested something that I didn’t love he always made sure it was okay with the groom and I first. JJ was very sweet and professional the entire time. I would 100% suggest him to anyone looking for a DJ. Thanks JJ!

Reviewed on 4/16/2018 Lisa H

DJ J.J. Essen is AMAZING! Originally recommended by a friend, he made my wedding perfect from start to finish! Easy to communicate with, understood our overall vibe and vision for the evening. He kept us on schedule throughout the night and worked very well alongside my day of... Read More coordinator and venue. A true professional through and through. He read the vibe of the evening and choose songs appropriately and (did I mention) he sang and played acoustic guitar for our cocktail hour?! 5 out of 5 stars, you can't go wrong with J.J.!

Reviewed on 4/15/2018 Jessica H

We had the best experience with JJ! He was recommended from a coworker and boy was he awesome! From conversations prior to the wedding to the week of the wedding, he was on top of his game! He helped us with a timeline and he even had hundreds of filler songs to go through. GO... Read More THROUGH THE LIST!!! Great songs are on there but he wants you to fade out songs that won’t fit your event! He was awesome the day of the wedding as well. Arrived in a timely manner and kept the crowd entertained. I have already recommended him to another coworker, he is well worth the money and time! I can’t thank him enough for all of his help because I planned my full wedding by myself and had no idea what I was doing. He helped bring everything together. Awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 4/13/2018 Whitney W

JJ and Jason with Essen Entertainment are fantastic. JJ's personality is electric, and he knows how to pair the right DJ to the event. Jason was the DJ for our wedding, and he was amazing at meeting our a little bit bizarre musical ideas. We had a steampunk Victorian themed... Read More (costumes and all) wedding. Jason was prepared, creative, and flexible at helping us create a list of songs and to incorporate the songs we chose. He took a few photos of people on the dance floor and sent them to us later on - so thoughtful. I also just really like him. He is a great guy with great energy, and it is clear he loves what he does and does it well!

Reviewed on 4/04/2018 Erin B

Essen Entertainment exceeded my expectations when it came to a DJ for our wedding. Jason, our DJ, was phenomenal and very attentive. The communication at Essen Entertainment is top notch! A recommendation I have is to make a very specific lineup of your songs and what part of... Read More the wedding they go with. It made our wedding go by much more smoothly that Jason knew exactly what song we wanted played at what time.

Reviewed on 4/03/2018 James A

Would thoroughly recommend DJ Mike - he was our DJ for our wedding reception recently and was fantastic. He was great right from the start- helping us to pick out a playlist of our favorite songs, coming early to make sure everything was set up and ready, working through a plan... Read More for the night and serving as a brilliant MC and DJ. Everyone had a blast at the reception and on a personal note Mike is very polite, easy to get along with and professional- exactly the sort of person that you want around you at a wedding!

Reviewed on 4/02/2018 Jody H

Essen Entertainment was incredibly easy to work with. They did all they could to make sure that our night was perfect.

Reviewed on 3/17/2018 Chasity L

J.J. made sure my wedding day was absolutly flawless. From the ceremony music, playing live music for cocktail hour, and getting the party started for the reception. On top of everything he did, he wrote the song that my mom and I danced to for our first dance. My mom is the... Read More strongest person I have ever met and has done so much for me so I wanted to make sure she knew how blessed I was to share my big day with her. J.J. helped me give my mom one of the most precious gifts she could ever receive. She was overjoyed and the song J.J. wrote for us explained my mother and my relationship perfectly! Thank you so much J.J. for making my wedding so unforgettable!

Reviewed on 3/16/2018 Natalie P

VERY professional! Geat to work with, easy going, and made sure our idea of how the night would go is what happened!!!

Reviewed on 3/04/2018 Jaime W

Thank you JJ Essen for an amazing night of entertainment!!! As always you made our event very memorable! I have used JJ Essen for my mom's 60th birthday party in November and my 40th birthday this past Tuesday! Not only does he DJ a great party, but because he is a very talented... Read More singer and songwriter. JJ sings a large variety of songs!! We have had so many compliments from so many guests and it provides a unique atmosphere to our party that you would not get with just any DJ. Furthermore, JJ is very easy and helpful to work with. His website is very thorough which makes the whole process smooth and easy. He is always early to set up and helpful. I don't have to worry about him because he knows exactly what to do no matter where the event is held. He gets in and gets the job done! We are looking forward to booking him for our next event!! :) Thanks again!

Reviewed on 2/26/2018 Amber G

JJ did a fantastic job!! Of course I think our wedding was a blast, but all of our guests think so too and loved dancing the night away. JJ was great in the planning phase too and even made some suggestions to our timeline that really helped the flow of our reception.

Reviewed on 2/17/2018 Savannah M

JJ is amazing!! He was so helpful with our reception timeline and planning and knew exactly what to do to make things flow seamlessly! On top of that, the music was INCREDIBLE! He knew exactly what songs to play to get people out on the dance floor and kept the party going all... Read More night long! We recommend him to anyone and everyone! Thanks so much JJ!

Reviewed on 2/08/2018 Brittany H

JJ was great! We had him sing during our dinner and DJ after. All the guests were very impressed.

Reviewed on 1/20/2018 Bellatrix V

We had Brian as our DJ for the wedding and he was great! He made sure that we were dancing the whole night. We had a couple phone calls to make sure I was happy with the playlist. He was your professional. I would highly recommend him

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 Chloe C

Essen Entertaiment was so polite and great to work with! He and his DJ’s were great and above all, VERY professional!! (Which is very important to me). Would highly recommend to ANYONE!!!

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Alessandra R

Whenever I have any kind of DJ service request, I always turn to Essen Entertainment. JJ never fails to match me with a great DJ based on the event details and my specific requests. All of the DJ's are incredibly friendly and professional, especially our most recent DJ, DJ Mike.... Read More He took all of my requests seriously and wasted no time in getting the party started. One of the easiest people ever to work with. I'd highly recommend him and Essen Entertainment for ANY AND ALL of your entertainment needs!

Reviewed on 1/06/2018 Elyse G

I enjoyed working with JJ and having him at our wedding! He is so personable and easy to work with! Great emcee skills and really knows the ins and outs of your big day! We also used his lighting and I thought it looked great and added warmth to our venue!

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Carolyn K

When we hired JJ, I knew that our wedding was in good hands. Not only did he DJ our sisters wedding, so we knew he was a good DJ, but before our event, JJ was always availble by phone and made sure that we felt comfortable with the schedule and song list. On the day of the... Read More wedding, he arrived early to set up and was very friendly to everyone. He did everything that he promised and more. Since we did not have a wedding coordinator, JJ MC'd our wedding and controlled the flow. Everything went flawlessly. At one point JJ was even putting silverware our table to make sure that we (the bride and groom) got a chance to eat. Even another vender that was working with him came up to us to tell us that we had hired a top-notch DJ and that they were very impressed. JJ also sang for us during the cocktail hour. I thought that this was a beautiful addition to the atmosphere of the wedding and I love that he offers this service. Overall, we are so glad that we hired JJ and would highly recommend him to others as he really is top-notch.

Reviewed on 12/29/2017 Morgan M

JJ was absolutely amazing!!! He was so nice and so helpful through the whole planning process. If I needed anything he responded super quick and he helped a ton! He even helped with a timeline of the whole day. He has great suggestions for music and plays exactly what you want.... Read More I let him kinda go with what the guests were dancing to most and he did amazing! Everyone was dancing and having a great time the whole night. I had him sing during the cocktail hour and my guests could not stop bragging about his singing! I was taking pictures so I didn’t get to hear much and I wish I would have been able to! I cannot say enough amazing things about him. If you need a dj JJ is the way to go!!!! He definitely wanted to make sure the night went smooth and that I was okay throughout the night! He even had a fan for if I got too hot! I could brag about him forever! You will not go wrong with JJ!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Hillary E

DJ Ivan was amazing! Not only did he have to drive 8 hrs to set up, but the dance floor rocked and the up lighting he provided really added a wonderful ambiance to our reception. Ivan went above and beyond to make sure everyone had a great time out on the dance floor; including... Read More the kids! The services of Essen Entertainment are amazing!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Alexis M

JJ is the Best in the business!!! Book Essen Entertainment Immediately!! He personally took everything the Bride & Groom wanted for the music at their wedding and turned it into a magical night of celebration. The dance floor was packed all night and he kept the party moving on... Read More schedule! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You JJ for the best night of music I have ever heard at a wedding!! PAM C. (MOB)

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Monique D

Words can’t express how amazing and wonderful JJ truly is!!! He was super helpful with anything we needed, was on top of the timeline (kept us in order ;)) which was really helpful for Brian & I!! He played amazing music and just had the party going all evening!! Also my parents... Read More loved ya too!! Thank you JJ for all your hard work!! You made our night extra special!! Looking forward to working with again in the future!! You will definitely be my go to DJ for any events!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 AUDREY A

I would highly recommend Essen Entertainment. JJ was very professional and had nice attention to detail. DJ Jason did a fantastic job and the photobooth was a great addition!

J.J. Essen

J.J. Essen has performed at over 1000 weddings in his 20+ year career. He has established himself as one of the most requested wedding entertainers in Texas by offering what most don't...Live Music combined with being a skilled DJ! His customer service & professionalism allows him to stand apart from the crowd while offering a wide range services. J.J. has a Music Business Degree from Belmont University & now performs at private events full time. Essen Entertainment has grown every year & our success is based on the dedication & passion J.J. Essen has for his work and his clients.