IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU!

Essen Entertainment's mission is to help make your BIG DAY one of the "Best Days of Your Life!" This journey you are on should be enjoyable, easy, and fun! The personal experience you receive with us is second to none because we catering everything to you and your vision. When needed, we offer our expert advice which helps our clients discover the different aspects of what makes a wedding fantastic in every facet of the word. We know how important this is to you and that makes it important to us! We provide DJ/MCs, Live Music Performances, Photo Booths, Event Lighting, Monograms, Staging, Projectors/Screens, and Original Wedding Songs to honor your Love Story! Contact today for a free consultation. We can't wait to work with yo

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

All over the world..Mainly all of Texas:) (713) 338-9399

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Delaney H

First of all, this is without a doubt the easiest review I will write!!! It's safe to say that our wedding would definitely not have been as fun had it not been for JJ! He really knows what he's doing - he made sure the night ran smoothly and had everyone out on the dance floor!... Read More Several guests commented throughout the night that he was absolutely awesome. We also booked our photobooth through him which was a huge hit as well!!! JJ and his team were fun and easy to work with in the days and weeks leading up to the event - he kept us on track with when we needed to get our song lists and itinerary to him and made a number of great suggestions to make the night flawless. He is so passionate about what he does and it really shows! I 100% recommend JJ to anyone looking for an amazing wedding DJ.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Mackenzie o

JJ was the favorite vendor at my wedding! Every guest has commented on what a great job he did on the best day of my life. He somehow catered to our elderly guests as well as fulfilling my request of a "dance party" on the floor because that is what I requested for myself and my... Read More younger friends. As the night went on, he was able to accommodate to our schedule changed and even extending my reception 30 minutes longer on the spot! His live music during the ceremony and cocktail hour made the event that must more personable and special. While I was taking pictures, I mentioned I heard him playing my favorite song live. He said he remembered me saying it was my favorite song and turned the volume up louder so I could hear it! It broke the ice and made the picture taking process more enjoyable after the ceremony. Most professional and talented DJ I have ever worked with. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone! He was also my grandmother's favorite part of the wedding and she can be hard to please. :)

Reviewed on 6/01/2016

JJ was so easy to work with and I am so glad we chose him for our wedding! I knew I wanted him to be our DJ after our first phone call. He was super energetic, professional, and experienced. He contacted me right before the wedding to make sure we had all necessary songs in... Read More order, and it turned out perfect. He played everything we wanted to hear and kept our guests dancing. It even rained right before my outdoor ceremony, but JJ was able to get the equipment all set up so we could still get married outside. Thanks so much JJ!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Monique D

Words can’t express how amazing and wonderful JJ truly is!!! He was super helpful with anything we needed, was on top of the timeline (kept us in order ;)) which was really helpful for Brian & I!! He played amazing music and just had the party going all evening!! Also my parents... Read More loved ya too!! Thank you JJ for all your hard work!! You made our night extra special!! Looking forward to working with again in the future!! You will definitely be my go to DJ for any events!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 AUDREY A

I would highly recommend Essen Entertainment. JJ was very professional and had nice attention to detail. DJ Jason did a fantastic job and the photobooth was a great addition!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Melissa A

Don't look any further - go with JJ! He kept the dance floor full until 3 am! He is responsive, pays attentive to detail, and is one of the best MC's I've seen. From day 1 he was personable, knowledgeable, energetic and supportive. He helped us incorporate important cultural... Read More aspects into our reception that meant a lot to my husbands family and were exciting and enjoyable for my family as well. The only drawback we experienced was the photo booth subcontractor- they were not as energetic nor as attentive to detail as JJ. Nevertheless, we HIGHLY recommend Essen Entertainment for your special event! husbands

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Sarah R

JJ performed our wedding on 9/22/17 and did such an amazing job! I had several guests come to me and say they loved the music and my DJ. He gave us exactly what we wanted and even offered us some pointers that improved our itinerary for the night. On a funny side note : I was... Read More so hot from dancing at one point that I went to the corner so my bustle could be fixed; I looked up to see where the air was coming from and there was JJ - holding a fan in my direction!! So funny =D Choosing a DJ was difficult at first, but JJ was a confident, straight forward professional. You won't be disappointed, he won't let you down... book him now!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Olivia B

We had DJ Brian for our reception and he could not have been more wonderful!! My wedding was the weekend after Harvey hit Houston and he was in contact the whole time keeping me updated!! With the tragedy of the flood, his skills were exactly what we needed and had everyone on... Read More the dance floor having so much fun! JJ was always available and super easy to work with. I would highly recommend their services to anyone who needs a DJ!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Johanna B

First of all, I wanted to say to anyone who is debating on which DJ to use, please take the time to contact JJ to discuss your needs. Your mind will truly be made up after your conversation with him, that you have found exactly what you are looking for. When I was looking for... Read More vendors for everything that I needed – dress, venue, cake, flowers, DJ, caterer, photographer/videographer…it was quite overwhelming for all the offerings provided. I was also dependent on reviews to help me decipher based on what others had experienced during their dealings and interactions with the vendors. And, these helped me to set vendors apart for who were the cream of the crop versus vendors in which I may be concerned about using on a special day. After speaking with JJ I knew that I didn’t want to go with any other DJ, and had my heart set. He is a very genuine, helpful, professional that is great at what he does. He handles situations on his toes, quickly adapts to make anyone feel at peace with their decision, and will make sure you feel at ease. My MC of the night did a great job making that happen with the special ceremony music and his announcing that was on point. I am truly grateful of that, and for how everything was handled post wedding to discuss the evening’s events too. Please take the time to read my experience, as I know you will have a positive feeling as well!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Maggie B

JJ was AMAZING! Not only is he wonderful at gauging the room to determine song choices, but is incredibly knowledgable at his job and is great at keeping the reception to a timeline. He is a great singer and even better DJ and the photobooth ran so smoothly and the guests loved... Read More it!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Austin Y

When our first DJ cancelled on us, we booked Essen Entertainment and this turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We were very pleased with JJ's services on our wedding day. From the get-go, JJ called us up and was not only professional and enthusiastic about our wedding and... Read More making sure everything was exactly how we wanted it, he was also one of our only vendors who truly made us feel excited and special about our wedding because he seemed excited about it himself. He called us months in advance to iron out the details, send us a song list to help us decide what to play at the reception, and to give us a general idea of how he typically ran the program of the reception itself and give us a sense of who he was as a person. He did an excellent job day of getting set up on time and making sure everything was to our liking, and when it came time to dance he was an excellent DJ and kept folks on the floor all night. Professional, kind, and fun to work with (and dance to,) if you are considering Essen Entertainment for your event, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Nhi N

We were really happy to have Jason (Essen Entertainment) as our wedding DJ. He stepped up to the plate with everything that we asked of him and more: pronouncing the names of my Vietnamese family members during the reception introduction, mentioning a loved one who passed away... Read More recently respectfully without making it sound like a eulogy, etc… He even got the non-dancing guests to the dance floor. We received a lot of compliments for our DJ selection from our wedding guests.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Kathy O

We were lucky enough to have J.J. as our wedding DJ and he seriously was the glue that held everything together! From the very first phone call we had, I could tell he knew what he was doing and he helped walk me though all aspects of our wedding day - even things that weren't... Read More related to music. He assisted with creating our day-of timeline and making sure that I had thought through all different types of entrances, etc (a lot of things I hadn't thought of prior to!). On the day of our wedding he was so good at reading our crowd that people were on the dance floor the ENTIRE reception! He also did all of our ceremony music and worked with our day-of coordinator to make sure all of the timing for various entrances was perfect. We loved every minute of it and couldn't have done it without him.

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Lisa D

Not only did JJ DJ for our wedding, but I had him write our wedding song, which was my gift to my groom. He did an amazing job with everything! He took requests from my guests for songs and played them. He kept up with the energy level of my guests and gauged things perfectly.... Read More By the end of the night he got everyone up and dancing! When he wrote our song, he made adjustments as I requested them. It it was amazing how he intuitively seemed to get the message I wanted to share with him in our song! I have recommended him 1,000 times to have people hire him for creating special songs for their loved one.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Javiera B

OMG Essen and his team! JJ was amazing from the moment we contacted him. We didn't have JJ in our wedding, but we were maybe even luckier of having Brian, who not only did an AMAZING job with the music and the party but also helped the catering and wedding coordinator to set up... Read More and make the dream come true. I think proactivity is all you need for your wedding to be perfect, and with these guys, you will have it! It was a hard party to have, since we had good-for-party peeps from all over the world and mostly music needs from Chile and USA. Brian did a great job mixing up and always having someone on the dance floor. Also had all the classics to celebrate the favorite songs of our most remembered ones. Thank you so much for such a wonderful night! We were very lucky to have you

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Patrick L

JJ was absolutely amazing! He worked with us throughout the whole process. He worked with us with our timeline and communicated between all the different coordinators in order to help us have a smoother wedding day. He was very prepared, professional, and easy-going! He knew how... Read More to gauge the mood of the dance floor and play the appropriate song at the perfect time! He was incredibly flexible and I could not recommend him more! We loved him and we guarantee that you will too!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Brady A

We had a great experience working with JJ from the very first email to our wedding night. He always responded quickly and gave great suggestions while still giving us the final say-so. Wedding night he was awesome! He was always on cue and ran the night like a true professional.... Read More Probably my favorite thing was that he read the night and the crowd perfectly. He was low key when he needed to be but got the party going and kept it fun throughout! When it was time for the bouquet toss my wife asked, “I wonder where my bouquet is”…JJ must have read her mind because he had it and called out immediately. The timing was perfect and we loved it! Bottom line, if you want to work with a great guy that is going to make sure your night is unforgettable, go with JJ.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017

We were looking all over for a quality service that wasn't going to break the bank. Essen Entertainment is the answer.. you can stop your hunt here. My wife and I had Brian Ring do our wedding, and the guy absolutely crushed it! Showed up early, made sure everything was ready to... Read More go with plenty of time before the ceremony started, and was one step ahead of the entire night. I can not say enough great things about our experience with Brian. We gave him a list of some songs we wanted, then he knew our taste and played what he thought we would like and he delivered. He kept the dancing crowd engaged all night, and helped create a night we will never forget. Again, cant say enough positive things about this company and Brian Ring. PS he just did my sister in-laws wedding, and boom crushed it again, just saying

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Jonathan P

Just have to say JJ did a tremendous job for our wedding. He wrote a song for my wife and I, it turned out to be amazing. Walkede through everything and was very detailed orientated. I would highly recommend him to anybody that needs a do for your wedding. He will not... Read More disappoint.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Katelyn G

J.J. Essen did an amazing job as our wedding DJ and even helped out on the organizational/coordinating role as well! He called multiple times to go over timelines and suggest improvements that were much appreciated since he knew I was doing everything all by myself! He also... Read More performed live during cocktail hour and before the ceremony, which the guests absolutely loved! I wasn't the most organized, so I didn't ask him to learn a new song for the wedding ceremony until less than a week before the date. J.J. was totally understanding, though, and did a fantastic job in his performance, even calling me ahead to give me a sample of what he had worked up a few days before the wedding to make sure it was the sound I was looking for. Throughout the ceremony, he worked with the photographer, maid of honor, and best man so well that I didn't have to worry about anything! As an MC, he was very clear and the guests always knew what was going on, so we had all the guests where they needed to be at all times for things like the cake cutting and send off.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Elizabeth C

J.J. Essen is nothing short of incredible and I can't recommend him enough as a D.J. AND as a live performer. From the get go, I felt completely at ease with my choice for entertainment and that feeling never wavered. From the get go, J.J. walked me through the planning process... Read More and even invited my then-fiancée and me to see him perform live at the H.O.B. so we could get a better idea of how he performed as a musician in addition to him being a D.J. You get your money's worth and more from J.J. - he "d.j.'ed " the ceremony, performed live during our cocktail hour and "d.j.'ed" again throughout the reception and I got so many compliments from our guests following the big night. We had guests dancing that we never expected and we had guests coming to us afterwards gushing about how they were able to get their spouses on the dance floor for the first time in 20+ years! The entire night was beautiful but being able to hear music now and still get emotional makes me so happy. J.J. put together the most beautiful soundtrack to what's been the most beautiful and memorable night of my life. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Morgan C

Brian did an amazing job at our wedding! It couldn't have gone more perfect. He made sure the sound was just right. Had everything together. Called us 2+ times weeks in advance to make sure he had all the information to make it the best night possible. I can't say enough good... Read More things about them! If you're wanting someone to make sure y'all have a good time that night, definitely consider them!!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Terence R

JJ Essen did an awesome job, showed up early and was prepared the entire night for our wedding on May 6th. He helped us out on mixing songs for our first dance and entrance music without any problems. He was our MC and our DJ and kept everyone informed and our guest complimented... Read More us on our DJ choice. He even pushed me to perform my poem to my bride even when I was getting cold feet lol. Would definitely recommend Essen Entertainment for your DJ needs, thanks again JJ!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Kirstin M

Yes!!! I would ABSOLUTELY hire Essen Entertainment again!!! You invest so much into your wedding, and to be honest, it comes down to having an amazing DJ to keep the party of your reception alive! DJ Alex did just that!!! He played the perfect mix during dinner, and got the... Read More party going and KEPT people out on the dance floor during our reception!!! It was such a fun wedding and we are so thankful to have hired DJ Alex (through Essen Entertainment)! During the booking process JJ was great to work with! Very responsive, professional and helped to answer all of our questions on the "role" of a DJ/MC. ...Wish we could hit "replay" on the night!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Chelsea F

Brian with Essen Entertainment was absolutely amazing and made my wedding so much fun! He got the whole wedding party hyped before our grand entrance and kept the energy going all night long. He kept to our schedule and played the best music! If you want a great dj and photo... Read More booth that is at a reasonable cost , you have to go with Essen Entertainment :)

J.J. Essen

J.J. Essen has performed at over 1000 weddings in his 20+ year career. He has established himself as one of the most requested wedding entertainers in Texas by offering what most don't...Live Music combined with being a skilled DJ! His customer service & professionalism allows him to stand apart from the crowd while offering a wide range services. J.J. graduated from Belmont University & now performs at private events full time. Essen Entertainment has grown every year & it's success is based on the dedication & passion J.J. Essen has for his work and his clients.