IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU!

Essen Entertainment's mission is to help make your BIG DAY one of the "Best Days of Your Life!" This journey you are on should be enjoyable, easy, and fun! The personal experience you receive with us is second to none because we catering everything to you and your vision. When needed, we offer our expert advice which helps our clients discover the different aspects of what makes a wedding fantastic in every facet of the word. We know how important this is to you and that makes it important to us! We provide DJ/MCs, Live Music Performances, Photo Booths, Event Lighting, Monograms, Staging, Projectors/Screens, and Original Wedding Songs to honor your Love Story! Contact today for a free consultation. We can't wait to work with you!

African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Reviewed on 12/29/2017 Morgan M

JJ was absolutely amazing!!! He was so nice and so helpful through the whole planning process. If I needed anything he responded super quick and he helped a ton! He even helped with a timeline of the whole day. He has great suggestions for music and plays exactly what you want.... Read More I let him kinda go with what the guests were dancing to most and he did amazing! Everyone was dancing and having a great time the whole night. I had him sing during the cocktail hour and my guests could not stop bragging about his singing! I was taking pictures so I didn’t get to hear much and I wish I would have been able to! I cannot say enough amazing things about him. If you need a dj JJ is the way to go!!!! He definitely wanted to make sure the night went smooth and that I was okay throughout the night! He even had a fan for if I got too hot! I could brag about him forever! You will not go wrong with JJ!!

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Carolyn K

When we hired JJ, I knew that our wedding was in good hands. Not only did he DJ our sisters wedding, so we knew he was a good DJ, but before our event, JJ was always availble by phone and made sure that we felt comfortable with the schedule and song list. On the day of the... Read More wedding, he arrived early to set up and was very friendly to everyone. He did everything that he promised and more. Since we did not have a wedding coordinator, JJ MC'd our wedding and controlled the flow. Everything went flawlessly. At one point JJ was even putting silverware our table to make sure that we (the bride and groom) got a chance to eat. Even another vender that was working with him came up to us to tell us that we had hired a top-notch DJ and that they were very impressed. JJ also sang for us during the cocktail hour. I thought that this was a beautiful addition to the atmosphere of the wedding and I love that he offers this service. Overall, we are so glad that we hired JJ and would highly recommend him to others as he really is top-notch.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Blaire S

JJ did an amazing job with our wedding. From our very first phone consultation up until the last second, he was thorough with every detail. He was very transparent in what to expect and how the night would go. All my guest loved how he sang before the ceremony and thought he had... Read More a BEAUTFUL voice. His mix of music during the wedding perfect. He listened to what I wanted, and what I DIDN’T want (yes, no country music at a Texas wedding, I know) And even when my guest requested something that I didn’t love he always made sure it was okay with the groom and I first. JJ was very sweet and professional the entire time. I would 100% suggest him to anyone looking for a DJ. Thanks JJ!

Reviewed on 2/19/2018 Dylan K

JJ was wonderful from the very beginning. We had multiple lengthy phone calls from him ahead of our wedding so that he knew exactly what we wanted and he helped guide us through what works best. He made great suggestions that made the entire event flow smoothly and suggested... Read More things that we didn't think about that were some of our favorites, like a private song for just the two of us before we left the reception, it was one of our favorite moments of the night. He was also great in emceeing the entire night and playing live music during our cocktail hour. Our guests loved it. Plus having one person to do live music and DJ made everything so much smoother. If you have the chance to book JJ, do so!

Reviewed on 2/17/2018 Savannah M

JJ is amazing!! He was so helpful with our reception timeline and planning and knew exactly what to do to make things flow seamlessly! On top of that, the music was INCREDIBLE! He knew exactly what songs to play to get people out on the dance floor and kept the party going all... Read More night long! We recommend him to anyone and everyone! Thanks so much JJ!

Reviewed on 2/08/2018 Brittany H

JJ was great! We had him sing during our dinner and DJ after. All the guests were very impressed.

Reviewed on 1/22/2018 Adriana G

JJ was a phenomenal DJ. Always so friendly and professional each time we talked on the phone or emailed each other. He responds right away and offers suggestions to the many questions you may have about the flow of the evening. He has extensive wedding experience and knows the... Read More importance of a wedding timeline. You can tell he takes pride in his job and will do anything for you to make sure you have a fun filled evening. During our cocktail hour he played guitar and sang for our guests; this was just one of the extra perks when hiring JJ as your wedding DJ. Our wedding was a mix of cultures and JJ was right on top of it when it came to playing our Mexican music and mixing it up with some wedding classics and pop. JJ came highly recommended from our wedding planner and we are so glad we chose him. We also went with his photo booth and of course that was also a success. JJ is what we consider a value option, affordable and good quality vendor. Thank you, JJ for an evening where long lasting memories were made.

Reviewed on 1/20/2018 Bellatrix V

We had Brian as our DJ for the wedding and he was great! He made sure that we were dancing the whole night. We had a couple phone calls to make sure I was happy with the playlist. He was your professional. I would highly recommend him

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 Chloe C

Essen Entertaiment was so polite and great to work with! He and his DJ’s were great and above all, VERY professional!! (Which is very important to me). Would highly recommend to ANYONE!!!

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Alessandra R

Whenever I have any kind of DJ service request, I always turn to Essen Entertainment. JJ never fails to match me with a great DJ based on the event details and my specific requests. All of the DJ's are incredibly friendly and professional, especially our most recent DJ, DJ Mike.... Read More He took all of my requests seriously and wasted no time in getting the party started. One of the easiest people ever to work with. I'd highly recommend him and Essen Entertainment for ANY AND ALL of your entertainment needs!

Reviewed on 1/06/2018 Elyse G

I enjoyed working with JJ and having him at our wedding! He is so personable and easy to work with! Great emcee skills and really knows the ins and outs of your big day! We also used his lighting and I thought it looked great and added warmth to our venue!

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Hillary E

DJ Ivan was amazing! Not only did he have to drive 8 hrs to set up, but the dance floor rocked and the up lighting he provided really added a wonderful ambiance to our reception. Ivan went above and beyond to make sure everyone had a great time out on the dance floor; including... Read More the kids! The services of Essen Entertainment are amazing!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Alexis M

JJ is the Best in the business!!! Book Essen Entertainment Immediately!! He personally took everything the Bride & Groom wanted for the music at their wedding and turned it into a magical night of celebration. The dance floor was packed all night and he kept the party moving on... Read More schedule! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You JJ for the best night of music I have ever heard at a wedding!! PAM C. (MOB)

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Monique D

Words can’t express how amazing and wonderful JJ truly is!!! He was super helpful with anything we needed, was on top of the timeline (kept us in order ;)) which was really helpful for Brian & I!! He played amazing music and just had the party going all evening!! Also my parents... Read More loved ya too!! Thank you JJ for all your hard work!! You made our night extra special!! Looking forward to working with again in the future!! You will definitely be my go to DJ for any events!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 AUDREY A

I would highly recommend Essen Entertainment. JJ was very professional and had nice attention to detail. DJ Jason did a fantastic job and the photobooth was a great addition!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Melissa A

Don't look any further - go with JJ! He kept the dance floor full until 3 am! He is responsive, pays attentive to detail, and is one of the best MC's I've seen. From day 1 he was personable, knowledgeable, energetic and supportive. He helped us incorporate important cultural... Read More aspects into our reception that meant a lot to my husbands family and were exciting and enjoyable for my family as well. The only drawback we experienced was the photo booth subcontractor- they were not as energetic nor as attentive to detail as JJ. Nevertheless, we HIGHLY recommend Essen Entertainment for your special event! husbands

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Sarah R

JJ performed our wedding on 9/22/17 and did such an amazing job! I had several guests come to me and say they loved the music and my DJ. He gave us exactly what we wanted and even offered us some pointers that improved our itinerary for the night. On a funny side note : I was... Read More so hot from dancing at one point that I went to the corner so my bustle could be fixed; I looked up to see where the air was coming from and there was JJ - holding a fan in my direction!! So funny =D Choosing a DJ was difficult at first, but JJ was a confident, straight forward professional. You won't be disappointed, he won't let you down... book him now!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Olivia B

We had DJ Brian for our reception and he could not have been more wonderful!! My wedding was the weekend after Harvey hit Houston and he was in contact the whole time keeping me updated!! With the tragedy of the flood, his skills were exactly what we needed and had everyone on... Read More the dance floor having so much fun! JJ was always available and super easy to work with. I would highly recommend their services to anyone who needs a DJ!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Johanna B

First of all, I wanted to say to anyone who is debating on which DJ to use, please take the time to contact JJ to discuss your needs. Your mind will truly be made up after your conversation with him, that you have found exactly what you are looking for. When I was looking for... Read More vendors for everything that I needed – dress, venue, cake, flowers, DJ, caterer, photographer/videographer…it was quite overwhelming for all the offerings provided. I was also dependent on reviews to help me decipher based on what others had experienced during their dealings and interactions with the vendors. And, these helped me to set vendors apart for who were the cream of the crop versus vendors in which I may be concerned about using on a special day. After speaking with JJ I knew that I didn’t want to go with any other DJ, and had my heart set. He is a very genuine, helpful, professional that is great at what he does. He handles situations on his toes, quickly adapts to make anyone feel at peace with their decision, and will make sure you feel at ease. My MC of the night did a great job making that happen with the special ceremony music and his announcing that was on point. I am truly grateful of that, and for how everything was handled post wedding to discuss the evening’s events too. Please take the time to read my experience, as I know you will have a positive feeling as well!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Delaney H

First of all, this is without a doubt the easiest review I will write!!! It's safe to say that our wedding would definitely not have been as fun had it not been for JJ! He really knows what he's doing - he made sure the night ran smoothly and had everyone out on the dance floor!... Read More Several guests commented throughout the night that he was absolutely awesome. We also booked our photobooth through him which was a huge hit as well!!! JJ and his team were fun and easy to work with in the days and weeks leading up to the event - he kept us on track with when we needed to get our song lists and itinerary to him and made a number of great suggestions to make the night flawless. He is so passionate about what he does and it really shows! I 100% recommend JJ to anyone looking for an amazing wedding DJ.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Maggie B

JJ was AMAZING! Not only is he wonderful at gauging the room to determine song choices, but is incredibly knowledgable at his job and is great at keeping the reception to a timeline. He is a great singer and even better DJ and the photobooth ran so smoothly and the guests loved... Read More it!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Austin Y

When our first DJ cancelled on us, we booked Essen Entertainment and this turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We were very pleased with JJ's services on our wedding day. From the get-go, JJ called us up and was not only professional and enthusiastic about our wedding and... Read More making sure everything was exactly how we wanted it, he was also one of our only vendors who truly made us feel excited and special about our wedding because he seemed excited about it himself. He called us months in advance to iron out the details, send us a song list to help us decide what to play at the reception, and to give us a general idea of how he typically ran the program of the reception itself and give us a sense of who he was as a person. He did an excellent job day of getting set up on time and making sure everything was to our liking, and when it came time to dance he was an excellent DJ and kept folks on the floor all night. Professional, kind, and fun to work with (and dance to,) if you are considering Essen Entertainment for your event, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Nhi N

We were really happy to have Jason (Essen Entertainment) as our wedding DJ. He stepped up to the plate with everything that we asked of him and more: pronouncing the names of my Vietnamese family members during the reception introduction, mentioning a loved one who passed away... Read More recently respectfully without making it sound like a eulogy, etc… He even got the non-dancing guests to the dance floor. We received a lot of compliments for our DJ selection from our wedding guests.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Mackenzie o

JJ was the favorite vendor at my wedding! Every guest has commented on what a great job he did on the best day of my life. He somehow catered to our elderly guests as well as fulfilling my request of a "dance party" on the floor because that is what I requested for myself and my... Read More younger friends. As the night went on, he was able to accommodate to our schedule changed and even extending my reception 30 minutes longer on the spot! His live music during the ceremony and cocktail hour made the event that must more personable and special. While I was taking pictures, I mentioned I heard him playing my favorite song live. He said he remembered me saying it was my favorite song and turned the volume up louder so I could hear it! It broke the ice and made the picture taking process more enjoyable after the ceremony. Most professional and talented DJ I have ever worked with. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone! He was also my grandmother's favorite part of the wedding and she can be hard to please. :)

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Kathy O

We were lucky enough to have J.J. as our wedding DJ and he seriously was the glue that held everything together! From the very first phone call we had, I could tell he knew what he was doing and he helped walk me though all aspects of our wedding day - even things that weren't... Read More related to music. He assisted with creating our day-of timeline and making sure that I had thought through all different types of entrances, etc (a lot of things I hadn't thought of prior to!). On the day of our wedding he was so good at reading our crowd that people were on the dance floor the ENTIRE reception! He also did all of our ceremony music and worked with our day-of coordinator to make sure all of the timing for various entrances was perfect. We loved every minute of it and couldn't have done it without him.

J.J. Essen

J.J. Essen has performed at over 1000 weddings in his 20+ year career. He has established himself as one of the most requested wedding entertainers in Texas by offering what most don't...Live Music combined with being a skilled DJ! His customer service & professionalism allows him to stand apart from the crowd while offering a wide range services. J.J. has a Music Business Degree from Belmont University & now performs at private events full time. Essen Entertainment has grown every year & our success is based on the dedication & passion J.J. Essen has for his work and his clients.