The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is a luxury boutique hotel and resort spa near the cliffs between La Jolla and Del Mar, in San Diego’s North County, that provides indoor and outdoor settings for wedding ceremonies and receptions for up to 350 guests. Built on 10 acres of what was once a prominent equestrian ranch, the hotel projects a warm, hacienda-style architecture, right down to the distressed brick and plaster on the walls, the exposed beams on the ceilings, red-tiled roof, ceramic tiles and ornate iron work.

The Garden Courtyard is a popular choice for an outdoor wedding at the Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa because of the dramatic entrance that the bride makes as she floats down the staircase to the courtyard and walks across the pristinely manicured lawn towards the hotel’s famous stone fountain, where the groom awaits. The Garden Courtyard can accommodate 300 seated guests.

The Olive Lawn is a more private outdoor venue for a smaller ceremony of up to 130 seated guests. An air of romance and seclusion is brought about by the lush foliage, the meticulous landscaping and the surrounding structures. From the Olive Lawn, an outdoor cocktail reception can be held at the Caretaker’s Lawn, or a dinner reception can be set up at the Hacienda Lawn. An intimate indoor reception can also be booked at the Grande Room, where Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired furniture, chandeliers and muted lighting make guests feel right at home.

The La Jolla Ballroom can easily accommodate up to 350 seated guests, or 400 guests at a standing reception, with ample space for both dancing and a band, should the bridal couple desire live entertainment.

Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa also houses rancho-themed restaurants, Adobe El Restaurante and Mustangs and Burros, which can be booked to host small groups for the rehearsal dinner or cocktail receptions. Capacities may vary, depending on the desired reception configuration, and must be confirmed with the two restaurant venues when inquiring.

Trinitas Cellars Wine Barserves the cocktails and alcoholic beverages for events at Estancia La Jolla. Catering is provided by the hotel from its extensive menu, featuring its distinctive Southwestern cuisine. The standard package for all weddings include luxurious touches like fine china, custom flatware, and Fili D’Oro linen. Other amenities include:

• Complimentary wedding night stay for the bridal couple
  • Additional complimentary night, for weekend weddings
  • Mimosa station in the bride’s dressing room
  • Sparkling beverage for the ceremonial toast
  • One complimentary hors d’oeuvre during cocktail hour

Only two ceremonies may take place per day, at different venues in the hotel. Garden venues may be booked from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., while the ballroom is available from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. Outdoor sound restrictions apply.

Garden chairs for outdoor ceremonies are available at discounted rates. There are mandatory resort fees included in the package.

Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is the recipient of a AAA four-diamond rating, TripAdvisor’s “2013 Certificate of Excellence” and was one of CondéNast Traveler’s top picks for its “Hottest New Hotels of the World” and “One of the Top Spas in the World” lists.

Accommodations for the wedding entourage and guests are available at special wedding group rates. Being in a resort hotel with a spa definitely has its perks:

• Access to the hotel’s heated outdoor saltwater pool, whirlpool and fitness center
  • Electric vehicle charging stations
  • Access to PressReader’s library of 3,000 same-day publications worldwide
  • Pet-friendly accommodations available

Wedding guests staying at the hotel can get spa credits with which to enjoy the relaxing luxury of the various private treatments and spa amenities both before and after the event.

Rustic Romance Amongst Elegant Gardens

Nestled in the heart of Torrey Pines and sprawling across ten acres of award-winning gardens and Spanish-style architecture is Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, one of San Diego’s top wedding venues, celebrated for its personalized service and unparalleled beauty. Brilliant bougainvillea and olive trees, winding pathways, and water fountains set an enchanting stage for romantic outdoor wedding ceremonies. Inside, elegant ballrooms and world-class resort accommodations are designed to host the most memorable of celebrations as Estancia staff attend to every last thoughtful detail. For details on current packages and promotions, including how you can earn a Hawaii honeymoon at Estancia's sister property, visit www.EstanciaLaJolla.com.

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel

9700 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA (855) 771-2360

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Tania K

The Estancia team is hands down so accommodating, from the day you sign the contract to the last hour of your wedding. Our day was that much more special (because of Estancia) and we wouldn't change a thing. We really felt so taken care of; anything that you might think of,... Read More they've already done. And the venue itself is stunning. I loved the hacienda-feel and spacious vibe. If you book Estancia, you're in the best hands. Just kick your feet up and rest assured the venue work is done. Good luck my future brides!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Perrie N

Five stars is not sufficient to convey what a fantastic job the staff at Estancia did at hosting our daughter's wedding this past May. From the complimentary basket in our room, to the glass of champagne at check-in, to the way they decorated the wedding couple's room while... Read More they were at the wedding, the little extras made the event even more special. The hotel's wedding coordinator, Brenna, did an excellent job of working with us from the moment we reserved the date, and kept her cool regardless of how many questions/changes/whatever that came her way. She is organized, pleasant, knowledgable, and efficient, everything you would want for the occasion. Whenever I had a question, she responded helpfully in a timely manner. The event was truly flawless, in no small part because of her. The Olive Garden where the ceremony was held and the Grande Ballroom where the reception and cocktail hour were held were just perfect for our 75-person event. The food was tasty and served in an attractive manner. We also had a pre-wedding event at the Estancia pool area, which was a great success. The serving staff and the folks I worked with to set up the event were helpful and professional, and the limited poolside menu worked well for the approximately 50 people who attended that event. The hotel provides a list of recommended vendors that is very helpful. I was especially pleased with the wedding coordinator and florist that we hired from the list. If you decide to host a wedding at the Estancia, you can rest easy knowing that you are in good hands.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Shelby H

We got married at Estancia in June 2016. It was the best weekend of our lives! The courtyard lawn was absolutely breathtaking for our ceremony and the ball room was the perfect place for our reception. We even went to Mustangs & Burros on site after the reception to continue on... Read More the celebration. Brenna is who we worked with at Estancia and she was AMAZING! We hope to go back to Estancia every year on our anniversary! We would not have had our wedding weekend any other way!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Hilary D

This is a terrible wedding vendor! They are very focused on revenue goals for groups and not on the quality of service. The discounted group rate is also higher than their advertised rate and they have threatened to sue me for the difference. I'm lucky that my friends and family... Read More were willing to spend an average of $50-80 a night more to book rooms under our wedding block. The sales managers will hopefully meet their revenue goals and not try to sue me for the difference. Note to the Estancia for the future: your revenue goals should not be a part of my wedding planning!!! They also initially refused to provide transportation to our wedding but on the tour showed us a Mercedes transport van. Estancia has been very unresponsive. I have reached out to the general Miaread Hennesssy several time with no reply. My wedding date is in less than 2 weeks and they are very difficult to work with.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Hilary D

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Sharareh D

Our wedding at the Estancia hotel was an absolute dream - everything about the hotel, its staff and setting makes for a memorable wedding ceremony and reception. We found Estancia through my mother-in-law -- a San Diego native who said this was THE hotel to see. I fell in love... Read More the minute I walked around it. I wanted a ceremony and reception at a location that could accommodate all of our guests (we had around 160 guests) but not *feel* like a hotel but more of a location. Estancia has an old-world beauty to it, a romantic hacienda get-away. The gorgeous lawn with the fountain was our ceremony space and their luxe La Jolla ballroom was our reception location. Guests loved everything about our wedding venue and how nice and helpful all the staff were on our big day. The FOOD was amazing - seriously the best wedding food I have ever had and I have been to a ton of weddings. That was a big priority for us - to have delicious food during the cocktail hour and reception, and Estancia delivered. I especially loved their empanadas for the cocktail hour and the steak and chicken entrees for dinner were perfect. We worked with a mix of coordinators -- ultimately Riley was our girl the day of the wedding and she was super professional and helpful with all of our wedding questions and needs. She helped manage quite a big mix - a Persian/Mexican wedding - and did it with ease and grace. We will always love this hotel and the memories it gave us for our wedding day and would highly recommend it for any brides and grooms to be!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Michelle D

Location and Venue: You CANNOT BEAT getting married in La Jolla! Even though we lived in the area, we cannot believe how fortunate we were to be married in that location. The entire property is BEAUTIFUL and PICTURESQUE. There are many spots on the property to get perfect... Read More pictures of the happy couple. The spaces at the Estancia are perfect for a wedding reception. We were in the newly renovated Grande Ballroom, which had plenty of space for our 120 guests at tables and dancing. The seats, tables, table-settings, room décor, and beautiful NEW wood flooring are ALL AMAZING!! Dinner: Our guests were thrilled with the dinner at the Estancia. The most favorite item was the Street Taco bar, of which almost every guest got seconds (or thirds). For appetizers, we strongly recommended the bacon wrapped sirloin and the red, white, and blue salad. We served our dinner at stations, and every member of the Estancia team was polite and responsive to all our guests. Service: The events team at the Estancia are WONDERFUL to work with, specifically Brenna. She was so friendly, prompt, and accommodating through the entire planning process. The entire Estancia team was incredible and accommodating to every request we had. Hotel Accommodations: Most of our out-of-town guests stayed at the Estancia and loved it. The rooms are CLEAN and COMFORTABLE. The property is BEAUTIFUL and SERENE. Even though it is more expensive than staying at a budget hotel, it is worth it to create a luxury experience of your entire wedding weekend. Price: While normally Estancia is on the very pricey end, we received an amazing deal for our February 4th date. If you want to have your wedding/reception at the Estancia (and trust us you do!), try planning for a January/February wedding when they have fantastic special offers! We strongly recommend that you consider the Estancia for your wedding and/or reception!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kelese R

"What we love the most about Estancia La Jolla Resort & Spa is the way it transports you to an old California feel with perfectly manicured grounds, rustic Spanish brick, the scent of spring blossoms in the air, and the sounds of birds chirping….it’s like a piece of heaven down... Read More here on Earth." -Jon & Kelese Robison Since all of our guests would be traveling to California from outside the state (Arizona, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, and Florida), it was important to us that our guests felt relaxed and comfortable during their stay. Before getting married, Jon and I traveled to many places….even as far as the Bahamas, Hawaii, and St. Lucia…but for us no place compared to Estancia La Jolla Resort. As a bride, I was very big on first impressions. I knew it was important to work with people who made us feel welcomed from the start. After talking with multiple sales managers at various venues from Miami to Santa Barbara, we knew Estancia was THE ONE after talking with Christine Dingman, Estancia's Catering Sales Manager. Christine is so genuine, helpful, kind, and bubbly; Estancia could not ask for a better person to leave a lasting first impression! Being a long distance bride living in South Florida, it was a comforting feeling knowing I had Brenna Myers, Estancia’s Catering Event Manager, as my main contact. Three days before Christmas, I made a short family trip to La Jolla and Brenna moved her schedule around to ensure she was there to meet me in person for the first time. As much as my mom and I loved the venue, we walked away talking about how lucky we felt to have Brenna overseeing the wedding. She is passionate about her job and it shows in so many ways. Christine, Brenna, and all of Estancia's staff members make an amazing and welcoming team. Jon and I are forever grateful for their kindness and expertise throughout this whole process. Furthermore, all of the vendors we used made our wedding so wonderful, including Estancia's catering and AV team. Our wedding planner, Alesha Ballon from Ever After Events, really made our vision come to life and was such a pleasure to work with. Reverend Powers, True Photography, Quixotic Pictures Videography, Vario Productions, Farm Tables & More, Organic Elements, Sweet Cheeks Bakery, Chiavari Chair Rentals, & Mustangs and Burros made our event very memorable. We cannot thank everyone enough. The Meritage Collection will forever hold a special place in our hearts. So much so, we recently stayed at the Koa Kea resort in Kauai for my sisters wedding. Both resorts are breathtaking. Estancia La Jolla is a perfect venue for a wedding whether you live in the San Diego area or like us, plan to travel across the country. It's an unforgettable experience.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Jocelyn H

Estancia La Jolla turned our wedding dreams into reality. As a bride who planned her wedding from Chicago, it was important for me to have a high level of service throughout the planning process. When I was unable to visit the venue prior to booking due to work constraints,... Read More Victor walked my parents (who live in San Diego) through the grounds and sent me a detailed estimate and photos. After officially booking with Victor, my husband and I visited the Estancia and were blown away by the landscaping and decor. We were so happy to have chosen the right venue. Our decision to go with Estancia was further bolstered by our experience with Brenna. She worked hand in hand with our wedding coordinator and consistently gave us gentle reminders to help us stay on track. On the day of our wedding, no detail was overlooked. Our stay at the Estancia was also the most VIP experience we have ever had and outshone our stays at other fancy hotels. The suite we stayed in was absolutely beautiful, and we enjoyed turn down service and wine each night. Every employee was so kind and helpful during our stay, and our guests raved about their experiences as well. I cannot wait to visit the Estancia in the future. Thank you to Victor, Brenna, and everyone involved in our wedding for helping us create the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Heather D

A thank you I wrote to Oliva, our coordinator at Estancia. Dear Oliva, This is a LONG overdue email and I’m sorry for the delay. I wanted to THANK YOU SO MUCH for everything you did to make our wedding the most perfect day we could have ever imagined! Our wedding was a dream... Read More come true. Thank you for all your hard work leading up to the wedding including the food tasting (which was also a lot of fun!). Estancia was the perfect place for our special day. My mom and I felt completely comfortable with you and your team. You have no idea what a relief it was to not have to worry about anything! Chase and I have already talked about celebrating our 1 year anniversary at Estancia in February :-) Thank you for everything!

Best Weekend Ever!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Stacey D

We got married at Estancia in September and we had the best weekend ever! The staff was very welcoming and accommodating from the bell boys to the front desk to the catering group. It was a destination wedding and we had a room block of over 50 rooms and 170 out of town guests... Read More and to this day our guests rave about the hotel and the wedding. Several of us had massages at the spa which were great and the majority of our guests relaxed by the pool and at Mustangs and Burros - even after the wedding which was fun! The day after the wedding we catered a brunch on site which our guests enjoyed. We are even considering having a one year anniversary party there next year with some of our family and friends. Dennise, our room block coordinator was on top of all the reservations and Olivia, our catering manager, was amazing! They were both very responsive, helpful and organized. We would recommend Estancia to anyone looking for a gorgeous venue in the San Diego area. Be sure to ask to work with Olivia - she makes wedding planning fun and enjoyable! We can't wait to return next year for some rest and relaxation.

Gorgeous Venue & Amazing Food

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Sierra P

Beautiful venue that we fell in love with at first site. Perfect intimate wedding ceremony spot located close to our reception site to make it easy for our guests. Not only that but we had an AMAZING wedding coordinator through the hotel, Olivia! She honestly made the our... Read More whole dream a reality with all her hard work and dedication to our special day. Every guest mentioned that it was the BEST wedding food they had EVER had. A few aspects we did not like... During the reception, we did notice that the staff was quick to clear ALL food and drinks (which most guests did NOT like once it switched to cash bar). Also, the front desk/room management was less than helpful!! Would not accommodate to early OR late room check out times, yelled at one of our guests who asked for a bell hop and after 45 minutes still did not get any help and when the groomsmen were getting ready the boys received a noise complaint. We were also told we could not make reservations for brunch the day after the wedding and upon arrival was told we should have made a reservation for our group of 20+ guests. While the venue if gorgeous make sure you STATE everything you want. And definitely ask to work with Olivia - she'll make all the negative aspects worth it!!

Our wedding day at Estancia

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Rachel B

We got married at Estancia in January of 2015, and we would highly recommend this resort if you are looking for a venue that has a unique feel! All of the staff were kind and accommodating to our requests and were efficient in executing the day without any problems! Christine... Read More and her worked closely with all of our vendors, and did a fantastic job coordinating with our wedding planner (Rachel from bliss events). We loved the exquisite garden for our ceremony and there is endless lush greenery and paths that make for amazing pictures. The ballroom was just re-done before our wedding day and we were so happy with how it went with our colors and theme- it has an elegant and rustic feel. There is a bar on site called mustangs and burrows where all of our guests went for an after party when the reception ended- so many of our guests complimented us on how much they enjoyed everything at Estancia! Christine was so thoughtful to leave us an assortment of our desserts from our dessert table with a bottle of champagne waiting for us when the day ended. Overall I would highly recommend Estancia!

Stunning Top-Notch Venue!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Ashley B

From the moment you arrive at Estancia you feel transported into another world. Nestled in La Jolla, it is a true hidden oasis. As a coordinator, I find all our brides to be thrilled with the outcome of their special day! The staff works together seamlessly to ensure that the... Read More entire experience for a couple and their guests is perfect, from when they first visit the grounds to their morning after brunch. Estancia does not disappoint!

Estancia La Jolla is a bride and grooms paradise!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

As a guest of a recent wedding there, I was instantly amazed by Estancia's beauty and charm. Nestled in La Jolla, this venue offers every amenity from a luxury spa on property, a wine bar and restaurants for every palette. The ceremony locations are exquisite with greenery... Read More and a touch of romance around every corner. When I get married, it would be a dream to entertain my guests in the newly remodeled La Jolla Ballroom where they have amazing architecture and beautiful chandeliers. The staff at Estancia are so guest service centric and friendly and seemed to treat every guest like family. Estancia La Jolla is a special place in my heart I look forward to many more visits there in the future.

One of the Best of the Best

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Paige J

I am a Coordinator that has the privilege of working at Estancia on a regular basis. It is a place that just feels like home and that is not only the welcoming vibe of the venue itself but it starts from the front drive guys to the front desk and all the way throughout the... Read More hotel. I cannot say enough fabulous things about the Catering/Event staff in particular, whom I work with often. They are just warm, friendly, knowledgeable, caring, detailed, thorough, positive, fun and just make my job that much easier when selling the venue to clients and that much better when working there. It's a fluid transition from the point of sale with Norma-Jean and Victor to the Catering Manager we work with the rest of the time, either Brenna or Christine -- two of my favorites. They always keep the other guests in mind as well as maintain quality to the property but when a client throws out something new, they are never afraid to check into and try it out. The service is top-notch, literally one of the best and just speaks volumes to how many events they do! I feel in great hands every time I am there and I know my clients do as well. One of my favorite places, hands down, to work in San Diego!

Amazing venue, all around!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 RACHEL W

I work regularly as a vendor at Estancia La Jolla and they do an amazing job for me and my clients! From the beginning stages of the wedding/event planning process (site tour, tasting, etc.) until the actual event day (service, food, quality, value) the entire experience is... Read More pleasant, fun, and top-notch! I regularly recommend Estancia La Jolla to my clients as I know they will be 100% satisfied and their dreams will come true here. The Sales, Catering, and Banquet Teams work seamlessly with the rest of the hotel departments (Front Desk, Housekeeping, Valet) to make sure that their wedding/event clients are well taken care of and feel comfortable, relaxed, and happy. I appreciate all they do to ensure success!

Great Experience at Estancia La Jolla

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Cindy S

As a bride myself I wanted to take this time to express, as a guest, the enjoyment I experienced at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa. I arrived at the hotel and you automatically feel transformed to a secret hideaway. The waterfall in the entrance way, flanked with foliage... Read More relaxes you. They have a great path that meanders you around the property, weaving you around all of the great green lawns, bright flowers and tall trees. I was told by one of the employees that they have over 600 types of trees and shrubs and over 200 types of flowers. The environment felt like I was walking thru a garden, not walking around hotel landscaping. The ceremony was very nicely set up in front of a majestic water feature. I watched the set up while sipping coffee on my patio. It was amazing to see the abundance of staff transform a wonderful green courtyard into what will become two peoples special day. We dined on an excellent array of California inspired dishes. I couldn't name my favorite as it was all so good but something as simple as guacamole was just outstanding. The ballroom that the reception was held in was very elegant but not over the top. An exceptional pallet to create your desired look. My room at the hotel was very comfortable, as I mentioned I had a patio which was a very nice touch. I did treat myself to the spa. Very nice environment with a steam room, mediation area, hot tub and a relaxation area. You really feel transformed at Estancia - feels like an escape. I'm glad this was the selected location for the special event.

Best Venue Out There!!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Stephanie R

Imagine this: You're driving up a gorgeous green drive way to the valet, you take a deep breath and feeling of a calmness and relaxation come over you. That's what it is like to come to Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa. After physically visiting 49 venues - yes, I typed that... Read More correctly 49 venues - Estancia was going to be my LAST tour, no matter what it was like, I was going to choose between the 50 venues I went to. When my mother and I drove up the very first time, it was amazing. We were greeted by courteous Valet, lush green landscape, and a beautiful fountain. Within 10 minutes of being on the property my mother and I looked at each other and said this was it - deposit down, contract signed, DONE! Once our contract was signed, I was introduced to the amazing, talented, and professional Brenna. Brenna helped us every step of the way with whatever crazy, insane, questions/ requests I had. Brenna of course was introduced as the Catering Manager, but by the end of my wedding, Brenna truly became my confidant, supporter, and friend. There were many emails I send to Brenna in a tizzy over the drama that was going on, she was able to support me and give me some compromising solutions to make things a little easier! Brenna really is the heart and soul of Estancia and the reason my wedding went off smoothly! Fast Forward to the Tasting: #1- The food here for a wedding is FANTASTIC! I've been to plenty of weddings and know that it's really difficult to mass produce food for lots of people at one time. Normally something doesn't taste the same as it did in the tasting. Well, I'll tell you PEOPLE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT THE FOOD - 4 MONTHS LATER! The beef short rib and salmon are delicious and the lamb pops we had as appetizers were the crowd favorite! (I'm told there was a line at the kitchen door waiting for them to come out!). #2. I've been Gluten Free for over 15 years and knew it would be close to impossible to make a gluten free wedding without anyone knowing it - but Estancia was able to pull it off!!! Almost EVERYTHING was Gluten Free and I didn't have to worry about a morsel of food. STAFF: I cannot say enough compliments to the entire staff. My wedding was 260+ and we pretty much took over the entire grounds. We're one of those big, loud families, and everyone was over kind & friendly. I wish I could remember some of their outstanding stars, but the gentleman in Valet we're outstanding and Corey @ the Trinitas bar was amazing and patient. The night before the wedding we all went there and he was able to manage my crazy bridal party + the other hotel guests. The grounds speak for themselves - it's just amazing and the absolutely perfect place to have a weekend wedding. Many of my guests are still talking about the perfect venue to relax & my now husband and I are wanting to plan a one year anniversary there!

Best wedding venue

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Flavia P

My husband and I fell in love with this venue when we first toured it. The hotel feels like a small quaint hotel, but had plenty of rooms for our wedding guests. Every staff member was very helpful and very accommodating with every request.

Beautiful venue and almost perfect service

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Lara B

We had our wedding at Estancia in September and it was amazingly beautiful. Our catering manager, Brenna, was fantastic and the staff were great. They had 5 weddings the weekend of our wedding, so everyone was really busy but for the most part they managed it all. They didn't... Read More pass out all of our welcome baskets and they didn't serve all of our cake, but other than that everything was great!

Charming Setting & Terrific Service

Reviewed on 9/27/2013

We had a lovely, serene wedding at Estancia and will always be grateful for the charming setting and terrific service. We chose the venue based on the beautiful landscaping and intimate feel. We were thrilled to work with Adrienne Almario, who managed the event perfectly and... Read More is a tremendous resource for event styling and logistics. Adrienne is extremely professional, responsive, and thoughtful, and she answered our many questions patiently and thoroughly. She has an encyclopedic knowledge of event coordination and catering and addressed all the details of our wedding perfectly. Adrienne is a lovely person and an absolute pleasure to work with. Estancia created a wonderful event and made our wedding party and guests feel at home. We used three locations for our 40-person wedding: the Olive Lawn for the ceremony, the Caretakers Lawn for the cocktail reception, and the Hacienda Lawn for dinner. The catering staff transitioned from one location to another seamlessly, and they were all gracious, conscientious, and attentive. Miguel led the catering team and made the team's hard work look effortless. The entire catering team was terrific. We are especially fond of Lydia, who served us at our tasting and at our wedding. She was a friendly, warm, and familiar face during our event. The food was delicious and well prepared, and the bartenders did a terrific job creating a signature cocktail for us. We have eaten dinner twice at Estancia's Mustang & Burros and breakfast once at Estancia's Adobe El Restaurante, and we had great meals all three times. We stayed at Estancia on our wedding night. The room was lovely and well appointed. We want to give a special shout-out to the valet team, who are some of the friendliest and most personable guys around!

Outstanding Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 4/20/2013 Krystal F

Beautiful location for our garden wedding! Amazing food paired with outstanding service!

Fantasitc!

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Jessica L

Everything about having our wedding at Estancia was amazing. The service from everyone (especially our coordinator Adrienne) was wonderful. Our guests loved the location and thought it was beautiful. The BEST part about everything, was the rave reviews about the food. You... Read More usually don't expect a fantastic meal at a wedding but not only was the food 5 star in taste and quality, but it came out on time, synchronized, and hot! We couldn't have been happier.

wedding venue rocks!

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 nina c

You get what you pay for here at Estancia. The food is superb and so is the service

Meet The Manager

Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa

There are several factors that go into planning this most special day and we are here to help from beginning to happily ever after. We would like to introduce you to our two remarkable ceremony locations and two incredible ballrooms. Garden Courtyard offers lush landscaping, a grand fountain and a dramatic staircase to walk down. La Jolla Ballroom is the perfect accompaniment with earthy warm tones and wrought iron chandeliers. Olive Lawn offers a spectacular garden backdrop. Guests will easily flow to the hacienda styled Grande Room for a stunning outdoor and indoor dining experience.