Book Your Wedding with Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa

A BALLROOM IN LA JOLLA, CA

The Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is a luxury boutique hotel and resort spa near the cliffs between La Jolla and Del Mar, in San Diego’s North County, that provides indoor and outdoor settings for wedding ceremonies and receptions for up to 350 guests. Built on 10 acres of what was once a prominent equestrian ranch, the hotel projects a warm, hacienda-style architecture, right down to the distressed brick and plaster on the walls, the exposed beams on the ceilings, red-tiled roof, ceramic tiles and ornate iron work.

The Garden Courtyard is a popular choice for an outdoor wedding at the Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa because of the dramatic entrance that the bride makes as she floats down the staircase to the courtyard and walks across the pristinely manicured lawn towards the hotel’s famous stone fountain, where the groom awaits. The Garden Courtyard can accommodate 300 seated guests.

The Olive Lawn is a more private outdoor venue for a smaller ceremony of up to 130 seated guests. An air of romance and seclusion is brought about by the lush foliage, the meticulous landscaping and the surrounding structures. From the Olive Lawn, an outdoor cocktail reception can be held at the Caretaker’s Lawn, or a dinner reception can be set up at the Hacienda Lawn. An intimate indoor reception can also be booked at the Grande Room, where Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired furniture, chandeliers and muted lighting make guests feel right at home.

The La Jolla Ballroom can easily accommodate up to 350 seated guests, or 400 guests at a standing reception, with ample space for both dancing and a band, should the bridal couple desire live entertainment.

Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa also houses rancho-themed restaurants, Adobe El Restaurante and Mustangs and Burros, which can be booked to host small groups for the rehearsal dinner or cocktail receptions. Capacities may vary, depending on the desired reception configuration, and must be confirmed with the two restaurant venues when inquiring.

Trinitas Cellars Wine Barserves the cocktails and alcoholic beverages for events at Estancia La Jolla. Catering is provided by the hotel from its extensive menu, featuring its distinctive Southwestern cuisine. The standard package for all weddings include luxurious touches like fine china, custom flatware, and Fili D’Oro linen. Other amenities include:

• Complimentary wedding night stay for the bridal couple
  • Additional complimentary night, for weekend weddings
  • Mimosa station in the bride’s dressing room
  • Sparkling beverage for the ceremonial toast
  • One complimentary hors d’oeuvre during cocktail hour

Only two ceremonies may take place per day, at different venues in the hotel. Garden venues may be booked from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., while the ballroom is available from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. Outdoor sound restrictions apply.

Garden chairs for outdoor ceremonies are available at discounted rates. There are mandatory resort fees included in the package.

Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is the recipient of a AAA four-diamond rating, TripAdvisor’s “2013 Certificate of Excellence” and was one of CondéNast Traveler’s top picks for its “Hottest New Hotels of the World” and “One of the Top Spas in the World” lists.

Accommodations for the wedding entourage and guests are available at special wedding group rates. Being in a resort hotel with a spa definitely has its perks:

• Access to the hotel’s heated outdoor saltwater pool, whirlpool and fitness center
  • Electric vehicle charging stations
  • Access to PressReader’s library of 3,000 same-day publications worldwide
  • Pet-friendly accommodations available

Wedding guests staying at the hotel can get spa credits with which to enjoy the relaxing luxury of the various private treatments and spa amenities both before and after the event.

Rustic Romance Amongst Elegant Gardens

Nestled in the heart of Torrey Pines and sprawling across ten acres of award-winning gardens and Spanish-style architecture is Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, one of San Diego’s top wedding venues, celebrated for its personalized service and unparalleled beauty. Brilliant bougainvillea and olive trees, winding pathways, and water fountains set an enchanting stage for romantic outdoor wedding ceremonies. Inside, elegant ballrooms and world-class resort accommodations are designed to host the most memorable of celebrations as Estancia staff attend to every last thoughtful detail. For details on current packages and promotions, including how you can earn a Hawaii honeymoon at Estancia's sister property, visit www.EstanciaLaJolla.com.

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel

D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

9700 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA (855) 771-2360

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Jena D

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! Estancia La Jolla was the most gorgeous venue for our recent wedding (April 2017) and were so easy to work with! Christine, Brenna, and the entire team made our experience seamless and the venue speaks for itself in terms of beauty and class. Most of our... Read More guests (ourselves included!) were coming to San Diego from out of town, so we loved having a venue where our guests could spend a weekend with us and where they could easily walk between the ceremony and the reception. The hotel even kept the on-site bar & grille (Mustangs and Burros) open until 2am on our wedding night for our guests to enjoy after the reception! We had the BEST time, with personal touches throughout the event and in our honeymoon suite - we would get married again here in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Katie W

Estancia was the first venue we visited on our search, we instantly fell in love with it (as did all of our guests!) but knew we had to keep looking to be sure. Every place we visited, we would leave and give each other that look that says "we already know where we want". Since... Read More we had 150 people coming from out of town, we wanted a place that we could have everyone stay comfortably, have the ceremony, reception, and brunch the next day. Estancia checked all of these buckets and more! The La Jolla Ballroom was beautiful, the food was great! Everyone was so nice and helpful, they always made sure we had everything we needed, from the day we signed the contract until we checked out of our rooms after the wedding. Brenna, the hotel wedding coordinator is amazing! She was so attentive and so easy to work with. I would recommend Estancia over and over again!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Diana J

We had our April 8th, 2017 wedding at the Estancia and could not say better things about the venue and staff! We had our 165 person wedding outside for the ceremony on the grass and the ballroom for dinner. I actually am from San Francisco and was apprehensive about planning it... Read More so far away- but Brenna and Victor made it really easy! I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a perfect wedding venue! Our guests really loved the food too!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Haylee Pettersen P

The moment we walked into Estancia, we knew that it would be a dream venue for our wedding. The whole resort feels like a world away from the San Diego beach that it’s next to. We toured the gardens and ballrooms and suddenly the wedding vision came to life. The planning process... Read More was seamless and we enjoyed and looked forward to having our meetings with our coordinator, Brenna Meyers. Brenna is an asset to the Estancia team, she worked so well with our vendors and always made us feel valued. Most of our guests stayed at the resort, but even the ones who didn’t were wowed by the venue, service and welcome that they received. The food is fantastic, the service was incredible, and the accommodations they made for us were above and beyond.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Amanda L

Had the absolute best experience getting married at Estancia La Jolla. The staff was incredible, helpful and efficient. Food and service during the reception was amazing. Brenna the event coordinator for the hotel was so accommodating and patient and listened to all of our... Read More concerns. Would highly recommend this gorgeous venue in San Diego for any wedding or event!! Our night was a fairytale!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Rachel R

The venue and staff were wonderful! Our ceremony was on the Olive Lawn and reception on the adjacent patio at the Grande Ballroom. The property is gorgeous and all our guests enjoyed staying here. Brenna and her team did an amazing job organizing the event. She was quick to... Read More answer any questions that came up and made us feel at ease throughout the entire planning process. She even surprised us by adding charger plates to our reception last minute, which made the prefect final touch to our decor! We decided on the Vaquero Grill buffet and the guests loved the food. A few people told me it was the best wedding food they ever had! Another bonus was them keeping the bar open late so our guests could keep the party going at Mustangs and Burros after the reception.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Robin B

Wow! We can't say enough good things about the Estancia and Brenna, the marvelous event manager, who helped to make our wedding truly a joyous celebration. Brenna was able to address any issue we threw her way in such a kind and gracious manner. Case in point: we asked- "Can... Read More the Chef make a 'happy cake'for the reception?" She responded- "Sure, but what is happy cake?" Once we explained "happy cake", sure enough , the Chef created a wonderful yellow cake with chocolate icing and a big ol' smiley face. :)) It was the hit of the reception. Another example: Last minute friends and family members needed additional rooms and Victor and Brenna made it happen. We bring up these examples to show how Estancia goes above and beyond. The food of course was fantastic. The venue is a small oasis with stunning grounds. Many of our guests were awestruck by the beauty of the setting and no wedding venue could be more intimate and beautiful than the Olive Lawn. The service was impeccable with some of the nicest valet service we've ever experienced. Our families live across the country and had to travel a long way to attend. Everyone spoke about how accommodating the staff were and how wonderful it was to stay at and experience the subtle elegance of the Estancia.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Gretchen G

The Estancia was absolutely wonderful and exceeded our expectations for our wedding. It was absolutely perfect and our wedding went off so smoothly thanks to Riley and the team.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Audrey T

Our wedding at Estancia La Jolla was more than we could ever have imagined! We have never been the type of couple to leave reviews, but we were just blown away by the beautiful venue and our entire experience working with the sales and event teams. We highly recommend Estancia... Read More La Jolla as a wedding venue. Since almost all of our 175 guests were coming from out of town, we wanted to have our wedding at a hotel that we knew our guests would enjoy and love. Everyone complimented our choice of venue and loved Estancia's boutique feel, its tranquil gardens, and close proximity to La Jolla's best hikes and beaches. Many of our guests told us that they would be returning to stay at Estancia. The Garden Courtyard and La Jolla Ballroom were beautiful spaces for our ceremony and reception. We were looking for a location that could really speak for itself, and fell in love with the lush greenery, hacienda details, and beautiful (not corporate-y) ballroom. Not only was the space itself great, but the Estancia team (from sales to events to front desk / valet) always made us feel comfortable and relaxed during what can be a stressful time. The level of service, competence, and responsiveness of the sales team (Christine) placed Estancia on top of other wedding venues we had visited. Brenna, our Event manager, was fantastic throughout the event planning process--very responsive, helpful, and kind. Shoutout to Elva for being so sweet during our tasting and while personally serving us on the wedding night! Estancia will always be a special place to us, and we will return for many years to come!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Katie

Estancia La Jolla was the perfect venue for our intimate wedding of 12 guests! We had our ceremony on the Olive Lawn (one of the smaller lawns), cocktail hour on the Caretaker's Lawn and our Wedding Dinner in the Caretaker's Suite. Riley, our Event Manager, was so patient with... Read More me and all my questions and constant e-mails! Our event turned out beautiful and the food and dinner service was outstanding. We are absolutely elated at how wonderful our wedding day turned out and we are so happy we chose Estancia La Jolla for our special day!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Susan P

I fell in love with the Estancia a few years ago. When I got engaged, I wanted the Estancia and didn't look anywhere else. My mom looked around to double check and when she finally saw the Estancia, she knew why I loved it and we booked right then. The venue is breathtaking,... Read More has a unique Spanish style, and has the most beautiful gardens. Every step you take gets more lovely. The ceremony is quiet and private and not like most hotels where everyone at the pool or lobby are watching. There was another wedding going on and I never saw them. The venue knows how to handle more than one event. The event staff especially Brenna Meyers are extremely organized and pay attention to every detail throughout the process . Everything from the tasting to the wedding was perfect, delicious, well organized and an experience that my husband and I will never forget. My friends and family were quite impressed and said it was the most beautiful wedding with the most delicious food and drinks, especially the wine selection. Everyone from the valet, front desk, room block, event staff and the restaurant staff all treated us so kindly and went above and beyond to make the weekend smooth and memorable. I will be booking my future baby shower with Brenna on the Olive Lawn where I had my ceremony. Xxoo

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Jordan H

Estancia is a beautiful venue! We had many compliments from guests about how stunning the hotel was and we have so many wedding photos throughout the various picturesque places on the grounds. The wedding weekend was wonderful; it was great to have family and friends meeting up... Read More at the pool or running into each other at the bar. Our catering staff during the event was phenomenal (they deserve 5 stars)! While the weekend was flawless, the planning ahead of time did not go as smoothly. There was a lot of staff turn over, including our wedding coordinator and room booking manager. This led to a lot of confusion, frustration, and needing to repeat things several times. Another thing I found disconcerting throughout the planning process was the amount of times I felt "nickeled and dimed". I know weddings are expensive, but there are certain things I felt cheated by (ex: Estancia requires certain food stations to be outside, but then forced us to pay for the lighting). We have already informed Estancia of these things, as they are really good about asking for feedback! Overall it was a fantastic weekend! I hope you find this helpful.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Roslyn Z

Estancia provided us with an amazing backdrop, culinary experience and, most importantly, customer experience that was beyond expectations. Every request we had was responded to with. "Can do" approach. My daughters wedding and reception went off without a single hiccup. The... Read More Estancia team was helpful, accommodating and supportive throughout the entire process from booking to event.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Carolyn T

Our daughter wanted to be a princess for just one day and, with the help of the experienced staff at Estancia La Jolla, she achieved her goal. They were able to create a seamlessly beautiful event and they made it look easy. I have attended many galas, fundraisers, balls, and... Read More weddings in my life. Rarely, is the food very good. I can't tell you how many people commented on how delicious the food was at the wedding. The proof was in the empty plates. We had 5 courses and every morsel was incredible. Estancia has the feel of old world California. I call it relaxed elegance. The gardens are backdrops for some of the most glorious wedding photos that I can imagine. At one point in the wedding the groom shouted out, "This is the best day of my life." I hope that you have a magnificent wedding day and that it turns out to be as perfect as our daughter and her groom's wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Ben S

My wife and I were recently married at Estancia Resort in La Jolla. I cannot recommend Estancia and its staff more highly. Their entire events staff helped make our wedding day absolutely perfect. Brenna Myers (Senior Manager of Events) worked with us to plan all the details... Read More and ensure that all of our outside vendors were able to provide their services right on time. Brenna also helped us book a block of rooms for our guests to stay at the Estancia and made sure everyone's special needs were met. The hotel grounds are perfect and we were able to take all of our wedding photos at various locations around the property. The Olive lawn was a perfect size for our wedding size (about 110 people). The Grande Room was recently remodeled and it was a great size for our group as well. Overall Estancia could not have been better and we will always look forward to visiting there in the future.

Reviewed on 9/20/2017

The venue was gorgeous and the food was amazing. Everyone can't stop talking about how it was the best wedding food they've ever had!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 N+D J

We just had our wedding ceremony and reception for 130 people at Estancia La Jolla. Thank you Riley and the Estancia team. It was MAGICAL! The grounds are stunning and you feel like you're in your own private resort. We had our ceremony in the large outdoor garden, then cocktail... Read More hour in the smaller garden, and reception in the recently renovated Grande Ballroom. From start to finish, the day was perfection! Most guests (and some of their dogs too!) stayed at the hotel and loved their rooms, pool, food, and the serene environment. I would give this hotel 10000000+ stars if I could.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Clara D

I'm sure our wedding would have been beautiful. We booked our date in February of 2016 for a November 2016 wedding. We found out we were expecting our first child and she was due on our wedding date! She was obviously a surprise. We informed Estancia right away (amount a... Read More month after we signed our contract and paid our deposit). I will say that Estancia offered to change our date for an additional cost. Since we were expecting our first child, it didn't make sense to spend close to $50k on a wedding. We asked to just cancel it completely. Of course, they said they could not return any of the $6,250 deposit. It was hard to swallow, but we were okay with it. However, they were demanding compensation for the room block we had in place for less than 2 weeks! I get it, we signed a contract but felt that $6,250 was more than enough money to compensate the hotel for holding a date for about a month. The date was probably re-booked anyway and we never received any money in return. When we argued with the Estancia team and advised that their normal cancellation policy is at least 72 hours for standard reservations, they said that we had to pay because they've already budgeted for the rooms (mind you, for less than 2 weeks). We get it if we cancelled a block of rooms a month before an event or something. We barely even had the damn rooms blocked for 2 weeks in February/March for a November wedding. Overall, it was just the way the team handled themselves. Again, we totally understand that we signed contracts. We didn't expect the biggest surprise of our lives. BTW, the "special rate" is NOT special, so take my advice, and don't block any rooms. It was actually more than what was being advertised on their website. I trusted that they knew better than me. Overall, we came to a resolution with the hotel. We weren't happy about it but just glad to be done with the back and forth.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Victoria M

I highly recommend the Estancia Hotel and Spa to anyone that is getting married in San Diego. My daughter was married there last weekend and I was so pleased. Everyone was wonderful to work with from the sales manager to the event manager to the hotel staff and the valets.... Read More They were very thorough and professional during the planning process and through the actual event. The setting is so beautiful and the fact that it is more of a boutique hotel adds to the charm and the intimacy of the event. My daughter and her husband were very pleased as well.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Jonny S

We had the wedding of our dream at the Estancia. Absolutely stunning venue, great service, and delicious food / drinks. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Allison T

Everything on our wedding day was perfect. I loved the venue, it was beautiful, and the wedding day was just as I imagined. Once we were working with Brenna, the whole process was great. Brenna is a pro at what she does, very communicative and responsive, and really great to... Read More work with. As a wedding venue I would recommend Estancia. However, prior to working with Brenna things were pretty rocky, and working with the hotel on items surrounding the wedding day itself (i.e. room block, guest services, rehearsal dinner, and brunch) was not easy. The biggest issue far and away was booking and coordinating the room block. Getting straight answers regarding the room block was like pulling teeth. We also had some issues on the day after the wedding with settling the bill for our hotel rooms and brunch, where everything was put on the master account when we went to check-out. In the end it was not really an issue, we just had to wait for their accounting department to separate out different bills, but this process was not communicated to us ahead of time, and the front desk didn't know about it, so it caused needless aggravation the day after our wedding. It was just some communication issues that could have been avoided and would have made the whole process better.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Hilary D

This is a terrible wedding vendor! They are very focused on revenue goals for groups and not on the quality of service. The discounted group rate is also higher than their advertised rate and they have threatened to sue me for the difference. I'm lucky that my friends and family... Read More were willing to spend an average of $50-80 a night more to book rooms under our wedding block. The sales managers will hopefully meet their revenue goals and not try to sue me for the difference. Note to the Estancia for the future: your revenue goals should not be a part of my wedding planning!!! They also initially refused to provide transportation to our wedding but on the tour showed us a Mercedes transport van. Estancia has been very unresponsive. I have reached out to the general Miaread Hennesssy several time with no reply. My wedding date is in less than 2 weeks and they are very difficult to work with.

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Sharareh D

Our wedding at the Estancia hotel was an absolute dream - everything about the hotel, its staff and setting makes for a memorable wedding ceremony and reception. We found Estancia through my mother-in-law -- a San Diego native who said this was THE hotel to see. I fell in love... Read More the minute I walked around it. I wanted a ceremony and reception at a location that could accommodate all of our guests (we had around 160 guests) but not *feel* like a hotel but more of a location. Estancia has an old-world beauty to it, a romantic hacienda get-away. The gorgeous lawn with the fountain was our ceremony space and their luxe La Jolla ballroom was our reception location. Guests loved everything about our wedding venue and how nice and helpful all the staff were on our big day. The FOOD was amazing - seriously the best wedding food I have ever had and I have been to a ton of weddings. That was a big priority for us - to have delicious food during the cocktail hour and reception, and Estancia delivered. I especially loved their empanadas for the cocktail hour and the steak and chicken entrees for dinner were perfect. We worked with a mix of coordinators -- ultimately Riley was our girl the day of the wedding and she was super professional and helpful with all of our wedding questions and needs. She helped manage quite a big mix - a Persian/Mexican wedding - and did it with ease and grace. We will always love this hotel and the memories it gave us for our wedding day and would highly recommend it for any brides and grooms to be!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Michelle D

Location and Venue: You CANNOT BEAT getting married in La Jolla! Even though we lived in the area, we cannot believe how fortunate we were to be married in that location. The entire property is BEAUTIFUL and PICTURESQUE. There are many spots on the property to get perfect... Read More pictures of the happy couple. The spaces at the Estancia are perfect for a wedding reception. We were in the newly renovated Grande Ballroom, which had plenty of space for our 120 guests at tables and dancing. The seats, tables, table-settings, room décor, and beautiful NEW wood flooring are ALL AMAZING!! Dinner: Our guests were thrilled with the dinner at the Estancia. The most favorite item was the Street Taco bar, of which almost every guest got seconds (or thirds). For appetizers, we strongly recommended the bacon wrapped sirloin and the red, white, and blue salad. We served our dinner at stations, and every member of the Estancia team was polite and responsive to all our guests. Service: The events team at the Estancia are WONDERFUL to work with, specifically Brenna. She was so friendly, prompt, and accommodating through the entire planning process. The entire Estancia team was incredible and accommodating to every request we had. Hotel Accommodations: Most of our out-of-town guests stayed at the Estancia and loved it. The rooms are CLEAN and COMFORTABLE. The property is BEAUTIFUL and SERENE. Even though it is more expensive than staying at a budget hotel, it is worth it to create a luxury experience of your entire wedding weekend. Price: While normally Estancia is on the very pricey end, we received an amazing deal for our February 4th date. If you want to have your wedding/reception at the Estancia (and trust us you do!), try planning for a January/February wedding when they have fantastic special offers! We strongly recommend that you consider the Estancia for your wedding and/or reception!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Tania K

The Estancia team is hands down so accommodating, from the day you sign the contract to the last hour of your wedding. Our day was that much more special (because of Estancia) and we wouldn't change a thing. We really felt so taken care of; anything that you might think of,... Read More they've already done. And the venue itself is stunning. I loved the hacienda-feel and spacious vibe. If you book Estancia, you're in the best hands. Just kick your feet up and rest assured the venue work is done. Good luck my future brides!

Meet The Manager

Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa

There are several factors that go into planning this most special day and we are here to help from beginning to happily ever after. We would like to introduce you to our two remarkable ceremony locations and two incredible ballrooms. Garden Courtyard offers lush landscaping, a grand fountain and a dramatic staircase to walk down. La Jolla Ballroom is the perfect accompaniment with earthy warm tones and wrought iron chandeliers. Olive Lawn offers a spectacular garden backdrop. Guests will easily flow to the hacienda styled Grande Room for a stunning outdoor and indoor dining experience.