Book Your Wedding with Events on 6th

A BALLROOM IN TACOMA, WA

Events on 6th in Tacoma, Washington, offers couples the opportunity to tie the knot and host their reception in one beautiful location. The main building, built back in 1924 has plenty of character. It has since been remodeled to provide all of the modern conveniences of which you've grown accustomed. Couples will also love that the facility is right around the corner from Wright Park and the Ruston Way Waterfront, providing options for amazing outdoor first-look photographs. Below you will find the list of spaces available for your big day.

Chapel. An on-site chapel offers a classic ceremony space. The room is complete with an alter, vaulted ceilings and plenty of pews, providing 200 of your friends and family members a comfortable place to sit as they watch you say "I do." Although the room is already elegantly decorated, couples are welcome to add any touches they'd like to make it more personal. There is also a pipe organ and a balcony.

Reception Hall. Featuring exposed-beam ceilings, the bride and groom will instantly fall in love with the reception space. Welcoming as many as 200 guests, this elegant room has everything you need to feed and entertain your friends and family.

Lounge. Step into the lounge to break away from the crowd and chit chat. A romantic fireplace makes the room feel cozy, providing added warmth during the cooler months.

Courtyard. Connecting the lounge and reception hall is the outdoor courtyard. This space offers fresh breezes and beautiful flower-filled gardens, as well as an additional option to separate from the crowd for a few minutes.

Although the wedding packages vary, they share several commonalities. The to-be-weds are given access to the facility for a total of 10 hours, however, the party must conclude by midnight. Also included, the bride and groom are welcome to two one-hour planning sessions and rehearsal the night before the wedding. Should you need to take a trip over to Events on 6th while planning the wedding, you may do so for one hour. There's no need to worry about tables and chair, as the facility offers the use of 60-inch round tables, 6-foot rectangular tables and three cocktail tables for setting up the cake, card box and place cards. There is no fee associated with utilizing the staff set-up and take-down these tables and chairs for the celebrations.

When choosing this venue for your reception, you are welcome to hire your own caterer. Plated dinners are allowed, however, there is a buffet room attached to the reception hall that makes it easy to serve guests their meals in streamline fashion. It will also save you money on your budget. Adding alcohol means picking up a Banquet Permit and hiring an ABC licensed bartender. Additionally, a liability insurance policy must be obtained and turned into management ahead of time.

Dressing rooms at Events on 6th are available for the bride and groom and their wedding parties. Both spaces invoke a cozy and relaxed atmosphere, ideal for wedding-day prep. A few more extra perks are listed below:

• Complimentary parking
  • Free wireless Internet access
  • Handicap accessibility
  • Gleaming stained and polished concrete floors in reception space
  • Customizable rooms, ideal for any wedding design
  • Partial rentals for smaller weddings are available in off-season months

Events on 6th - Chapel & Reception Hall

This beautiful wedding and reception venue has it all! Marry in our glorious chapel, and party in the reception hall. Mingle with your guests in the lounge and dance under the stars in the outdoor garden courtyard. Posh and relaxing dressing rooms, and an extra room for grandparents, children or your officiant. A gorgeous backdrop to your day! Friday and Saturday packages available.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Church, Religious Setting

2520 6th Avenue, Tacoma, WA (253) 906-0448

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Andrea G

The moment we walked into Events on 6th I could imagine having our wedding here. I told my now husband that I could see myself walking down to him in this amazing chapel! Lesley is an amazing lady! She went above and beyond to help ease our worries as we were holding one of the... Read More largest guest wedding and reception! She gave us many ideas and also worked very well in communicating with us! Events on 6th is a perfect place to hold both ceremony and reception!

2017-10-02T15:57:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you, you are so sweet! I'm so glad it was wonderful and that there were no issues with so many guests. So fun to have so many friends and family to celebrate with!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Tarah S

We just got married at Events on 6th, and it was everything we had hoped for and more! Our main requirement when we were looking for a place was that we wanted our ceremony/reception all in one spot. We also love old architecture and retro styles but with modern touches - our... Read More 100-year old house is a mix of old and new stuff. As soon as we walked into Events on 6th we knew it was the place for us - it almost felt like walking into our dream home! We loved the ceremony/altar area; we aren’t religious, but loved the stained glass and pews for that “old church” feel. We also loved the lobby/reception area with the white leather couches and chandeliers and string lights - it was very “Mad Men” yet modern at the same time, and still worked well with the ceremony area. The bridal area and grooms area are beautifully done, and I liked that there was an additional room available as well with a couch; I know it's generally reserved for the officiant, but we used it for our families to be able to change in after getting everything set up. Our wedding would not have been possible without Lesley, who was so amazing throughout this whole process – we were planning this long-distance and dealing with time zone differences, insane work schedules, and overall craziness...any questions we had were answered promptly, she was so organized and friendly and helpful - sending us reminders for when things needed to be completed (I completely had forgotten we needed a liquor license! Without her reminder we would have shown up without it!) and also sent different blueprints of how others had set up tables in for the reception to give us ideas on how to plan our area out, and also a map of the area for parking options. Thank you thank you thank you Lesley for everything!

2016-06-27T21:34:43 Response from the vendor

What a beautiful day! You really made it your own; how fun that it was like a familiar room in your home. :) Thank you for your kind comments; I am happy I could be a part of your day and help so much!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

Events on 6th is a wonderful place for a wedding! My daughter just got married here in June 2016. First of all, Lesley (the Events coordinator) is amazing to work with. She was readily available to guide us and answer any questions we had throughout this journey. She... Read More was so very helpful on the day of the rehearsal and wedding. The venue itself is perfect. It has the old world charm of stained glass windows and wooden pews for the ceremony. My daughter wanted a traditional wedding ceremony and this provided that. It was beautiful! The room where the Bridal party gets ready is so pretty, with chandeliers, mirrors, and a velvet curtain. The grooms room is masculine. Both provided a great space to get ready and take pictures. After the ceremony a terrific benefit is that guests do not need to leave the venue as the reception is held right there! It has a fabulous lounge area with fireplace for guests to mill about and a great reception hall. It also has a pretty courtyard that provides an outdoor area . We had about 170 guests and they fit comfortably in the space - this included an area for a dance floor. It was fun to see the guests using all the spaces during the reception. They were able to spread out during the cocktail/appetizer time, and yet the reception room held all our guests for the dinner and dancing. It can be decorated as much or as little to your liking. Events on 6th is in an urban area. Lesley makes sure the venue is secure and deals respectfully with any curious onlookers. Our entire family was very happy with Events on 6th. We recommend this venue to anyone looking for a place to host a beautiful wedding!

2016-06-27T21:36:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! I'm so glad the whole family was happy; it's so nice to hear from the parents that all was well. :) What a beautiful day; I'm so glad I could be a part of it.

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Tressa U

Lesley and the staff at Events on 6th we amazing. Not only were they always available and flexible with scheduling meetings, they were patient, kind, helpful and calming. I would recommend anyone I know looking for a Venue to make an appointment to check it out. It had... Read More everything we needed in one location and it accommodated our guests and needs perfectly.

2017-10-02T15:58:09 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience! Wedding days should be calm and wonderful, and I'm happy I could help give you that.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Sarah R

This was the best possible venue we could have chosen. Great lighting, with a beautiful chapel and reception hall. Our photographer was amazed at how easy it made his job! Lesley from Events on 6th really went out of her way to make sure that it was a special day for us.... Read More Tables and chairs are included in the hall rental, and Lesley had them all set up for us at the reception so we could decorate ahead of time and not fuss on the day. The bride and groom ready rooms are stunning. The reception hall has beautiful lights and a great kitchen and buffet room which makes feeding people a breeze. Really, we couldn't have asked for more. It was perfect!

2017-10-02T15:56:33 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad it was a special day for you! Yay for perfect!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Matt M

Excellent service from Lesley. The venue was everything we were looking for and more. Highly recommend.

2017-10-02T15:55:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Liz W

Lesley was amazing! She answered all of my questions and was very quick to respond. She was so helpful in all of the planning and she was at the venue the entire night of my wedding. Events on 6th is a gorgeous venue and it's so convenient having everything in one place!

2017-10-02T15:55:21 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad it was a wonderful experience! I'm glad to help.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Jeff E

We loved this venue and Lesley was great to work with. The chapel was beautiful - didn't have to decorate much because the natural wood materials were great as is. It was important to us to have the reception at the same place as the ceremony and this worked very well for us... Read More too. Lesley is very detail-oriented and efficient. She reminded us of everything we needed to do when we needed to do it. And she was great at working with the caterer and the delivery of the rental items.

2017-04-18T18:38:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I'm glad you had a wonderful wedding day.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Katy H

The venue is breathtaking, everything we have ever wanted. Lesley who runs the place is beyond phenomenal, everything was seamless and magical. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking. It was great the have the ceremony and reception in the same area but separate at the... Read More same time. We couldn't have asked for a better space.

2017-01-10T14:09:41 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad you loved your wedding day! Thank you for the kind comments!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Gea C

Events on 6th was the perfect place that I was looking for. I wanted to go to a more traditional route and get married in a church / chapel. This place is beautiful on the inside. From the big door entrance, to the stone, the hard wood floors, all the way to stained glass... Read More windows. It's great that we were able to hold the ceremony and the reception all in one place. I loved that there is a lounge area / garden which is where we held our cocktail hour. We set up a cheese and crackers / candy table as well as an open bar so our guests were able to have a drink and a snack before the reception. It does involve more work, however, because you have to find your own caterer, bartender, decorator, DJ, etc. They do have preffered caterers and the venue does hold an open house for you to be able to meet them and see their work :) Lastly, I want to comment on how great it was to work with Lesley! She was quick to reply to emails and she always kept us updated with updates on with the venue, parking, if she's on vacation etc.

2017-01-10T14:09:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I'm glad the building was perfect for you!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Janice P

Not only is this venue beautiful the people who work here made our day so easy! I loved getting married at Events on 6th! Beautiful pictures and wonderful people to work with...not much more you can ask for! :)

2017-01-10T14:07:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Helen B

My wife and I are so pleased that we had our wedding reception at Events on 6th. We are lucky to have worked with Leslie. She is professional and knows her stuff. She was easy to reach and speak to and promptly responded the few times that we did not connect with each other... Read More immediately. The space is exactly what we were looking for with separate courtyard, lounge and dance hall areas. The separate (yet connected) areas and the pretty white lights strung about the courtyard and dance areas are what sold us on the venue. An added bonus was that Events i s less than a mile from our home. There was ample space for our guests (about 80) to dine at round tables and to dance. Our reception was perfect and our guests were impressed with the site. If we had to do it all over again, we would still pick Events on 6th. Thank you so much to Leslie and Events on 6th. You made our wedding day complete!

2016-10-13T13:18:33 Response from the vendor

You are so welcome! I'm very glad you and your guests had a wonderful time of celebration! Thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Cristina C

The best of both worlds! With the Sanctuary, you get this vintage feel with old world charm - Stained glass windows, beautiful wooden altar, and lots of windows for natural light. It is truly a beautiful canvas but kept simple that only gets better with accented decor and floral... Read More arrangements. The lounge is very mid century and modern which serves as a great space for gathering, hors d'oeuvres, and bar services. This space is also well lit and is great for photo ops or photo booths.. The Bridal and Groom suits are perfectly decorated for their purposes. The reception hall is truly a blank canvas which I love! It definitely gives you a modern/industrial feel with the exposed ceiling but the hanging lights really tie it all together. You don't need a lot of decor. I love that there is a specified space for the food so that it doesn't take away from the main seating. There is also a kitchen in a separate room for food storage and such. Last but not least, the courtyard aka my favorite space! The hanging lights tie in with the romantic/urban feel and is such a cute space for guests to gather and cool off. It connects to the reception hall and the lounge. This venue is truly more bang for your buck! You really get 4 beautiful spaces for you and all of your guests to enjoy. Everyone, including myself, really enjoyed celebrating at Events on 6th. Lesley and her team were more than accommodating. The communication was exceptional in the year we have been planning and we are just SO pleased with how everything turned out. I highly recommend this venue for any occasion but especially a wedding. For such a stressful event, Lesley really made it as seamless as possible and I cannot thank her enough.

2016-10-13T13:20:38 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day! It was great to see everyone enjoying your very special wedding day. Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Mackenzie V

My extensive search led to me Events on 6th, the photos online looked beautiful and I was so excited to see the venue in person. I contacted Lesley (the venue manager) late one evening and had a response from her by the time I woke up the next morning! We set up a same day... Read More appointment so I could see the venue in person, and wow did it exceed my expectations. I fell in love with the chapel's large stained glass windows that allowed ample natural lighting. I also loved the dark oak pews, and stone exterior of the church. Being able to have the ceremony and reception at the same location was a bonus. We used the foyer as a lounge, complete with couches, for cocktail hour and set up several cocktail tables, an appetizer table, and a wine bar. We also served beer at our reception and decided to go with kegs because they were most cost effective. I was so nervous to have kegs on display at the wedding; however, there is a perfect service closet that we served the beer from that kept the kegs out of sight! Because we split up the wine and beer we did have to hire two bartenders, but we think this helped spread out guests so we didn't have everyone clustered in one area. With 180 guests we were nervous about space being an issue, but there was plenty of room. The reception hall comfortably fit 17 round tables, 4 rectangular tables (as the head tables), the cake table, a DJ booth, and all our guests! Because we maxed out space in the reception hall we used the courtyard as our "dance floor" and it worked out perfectly! Our DJ set up two speakers, one in the reception hall for toasts & speeches, and one in the courtyard for dancing. Overall this venue was perfect for us!

2016-10-13T13:21:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I'm so glad it was such a wonderful day! I appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Victoria S

Events on 6th was absolutely amazing. The venue is incredible. Beautiful stained glass and dark wood doors, the cutest bridal and grooms suite, very space-ish, large reception room, overall it was perfect! We barely needed decorations because the venue itself was already so... Read More beautiful. Lesley was so great to work with. She always responded quickly and answered every question I had and helped with every little detail. I work recommend Events on 6th to anyone. They helped make our special day absolutely perfect.

2016-10-13T13:22:33 Response from the vendor

I'm glad I could help make your day wonderful! I'm so glad you had a beautiful wedding day. All the best to you! Thanks for the kind words.

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Makala C

I am so glad we went with Events on 6th Ave. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect in every single way. The venue is gorgeous!!! Working with Lesley who is the point of contact was very good. She was able to always be flexible when needing to meet because my husband and I... Read More worked crazy schedules for awhile. She was always so sweet and very knowledgeable. If she didn't know the answer she would find it out quickly and get back to you. Also, when we would have walk throughs to look around and get ideas she was send me an email a few days later with an outline of what we went over. Saying we I mean me (bride), wedding coordinator, and maid of honor. I loved getting those emails so I made sure I didn't forget anything. I highly recommend having your wedding here. It is beautiful in every single room. It flowed so perfectly for guests. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful vendor to work with! Made our experience with the wedding planning painless.

2016-06-27T21:33:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Your wedding day was wonderful; I'm glad to have been a part of it. I appreciate the kind words.

Reviewed on 4/05/2016

Events on 6th was a prefect venue for us. We originally wanted an outdoor wedding but the chapel and the architecture were so pretty. Great for photos! The layout of the place flowed really well for the ceremony and reception as well. Plus, Lesley is so great and it's nice... Read More to have that open communication through the planning process. Even on the day of the wedding she was an excellent host!

2016-10-13T13:23:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! I'm so glad you had a wonderful wedding day!

Perfect Wedding Location

Reviewed on 1/22/2016 Bryan B

Lesley was our point of contact and she was wonderful. Very helpful, enthusiastic and genuine. It was the perfect place for our perfect wedding day. It was nice to have a spacious reception area as well as the chapel mall in one building. Also, the lounge area and both the... Read More bride's room and groom's room were both super convenient and nice as well. Great perfect place to get married.

2016-02-04T15:30:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Your wedding day was wonderful; I'm glad I could be a good hostess.

Perfect for those who don't want their guests to travel!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Sheila S

We originally chose Events on 6th because of the beautiful, gothic inspired architecture. We quickly realized the benefits of having the entire production (getting ready, ceremony, cocktails, reception, photography) in one location. The sanctuary was BEAUTIFUL and seated 200... Read More comfortably; the balcony was a great spot for the videographer and music set up. The lounge area, complete with fireplace was a perfect cocktail area. If the weather had held, we would have made use of the outdoor courtyard as well. The reception hall is well laid out and accommodates many different floor plans. Lesley was wonderful to work with, prompt with replies and ideas and seemed genuinely interested in making our day as special as we wanted. Our guests repeatedly commented on how great the venue was and appreciated not having to travel between ceremony and reception locations. Go check it out!

2016-02-04T15:32:24 Response from the vendor

What a beautiful winter wedding! You made great use of the space with your own decorations and a great photo booth. So fun! Thank you for the kind comments.

The absolutely perfect location

Reviewed on 8/02/2015

My fiancé and I had several requirements when selecting a wedding venue: 1) An all in one location for both the ceremony and reception, 2) An indoor location to avoid potential weather issues, 3) A place with history and character, and 4) A venue within our budget. Events on 6th... Read More truly delivered on all of these areas, and we feel truly blessed to have found such a fantastic space. The history of the building adds an incredible sense of charm and character, and honors the history of Tacoma and the 6th Ave District in particular. The space is simply perfect for weddings with fewer than 160 guests, and somehow manages to feel both intimate and spacious at the same time. We were extremely grateful for the prompt responses from the venue throughout the planning process when questions or last-minute concerns arose. Both the reception and ceremony spaces (plus lovely interior courtyard) are truly beautiful on their own, and required very little decorative additions to make them feel like our own personal wedding. The generous vendor list, and extended rehearsal time (2 hours vs. the common 1 hour) only capped off our positive feelings about Events on 6th. We are simply grateful that we found such a beautiful and perfect location to say our "I do's", and would wholeheartedly recommend the venue to anyone planning a wedding. Thank you, Events on 6th, for making our wedding dreams a reality.

2016-02-04T15:33:26 Response from the vendor

Such a beautiful and well-thought out day! You really made it your own. You and your guests had a great time. Thank you for all your lovely comments.

Great Location, Ambiance & Wedding Setting

Reviewed on 2/10/2015 Caitlin S

My guests still rave about how beautiful of a venue it was for our fall wedding. The location is great, the venue is gorgeous, parking is easy, and the transition from the wedding ceremony, to the cocktail hour, and then the ceremony were seamless. We chose this venue because... Read More there is so much character and the venue had been beautiful restored in the last three years. The string lights in the reception area added a wow factor and beautiful ambiance. The weather was nice so we set-up our bar in the courtyard which added another element to our wedding and our guests were impressed. We were happy with the level of service that the on-site coordinator gave us. As caution, don't assume that they will help with the day-of details. Our wedding coordinator was falling behind and I don't think Events on 6th went out of their way to help her which would have been nice. I wish they would install security cameras but overall we felt safe and there were no security issues on our wedding day. The value is great because you get use of their tables and chairs and don't have to rent them which saves at least $500 or more. The bridal suite is beautiful and is a relaxing retreat on day where you really need that. I'd recommend this venue to anyone who wants a beautiful, non-cookie-cutter wedding.

Absolutely beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014

Everything about this venue is perfect. The sanctuary is breathtaking with all of the stained glass. The reception hall and courtyard required very few decorations. Beth, the onsite manager, was so helpful before the ceremony and the day of the ceremony she was organized and... Read More rock solid. It was a perfect venue for a perfect wedding.

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Heather S

We wanted to use a venue that was classy and could also host the reception. This ticked all the boxes and was local, but I had a few hesitations about this venue-even though it's an event space it gets used as a church so when we initially went to check it out there was church... Read More equipment on the stage and signs, but we were assured that all of that would be down and it was. It looked absolutely gorgeous. Our names were on the sign outside, and the chapel area was really just exquisite. It has the original hardwood floors and pews, and really complimented our decor. The lounge area had a fire going, and was perfect for mingling during cocktai hour. The venue had placed bulb string lights outside and in the reception hall and it was so divine it was hard to believe. We had a pretty small event, and the space was not overwhelming. I think if there were going to be too many guests it would have felt snug, but the dance floor was perfect and Beth went out of her way to make sure everything was set up to our liking. The bride and groom suites are nice, as well, and we got some great pics in the outdoor garden.

Lovely venue!

Reviewed on 8/04/2013 Stacey D

My husband and I recently got married at Events on 6th and it was everything we hoped for! I loved having the ceremony and reception in the same location, and both spaces worked perfectly for us. The sanctuary is absolutely beautiful, and the reception area was perfect with... Read More the catering and bar areas. They have their own tables and chairs, which was a huge help. The bridal suite and groom's den were the perfect places to hang out before the wedding and to get ready. The bridal suite was a beautiful setting for "getting ready" pictures. It was a little warm in the bridal suite getting ready, but I hear they have air conditioning in there now. I was worried about parking with the residential area surrounding the venue and I rented the parking lot next door, which was very inexpensive (~$40 for 35 spaces), but there was plenty of good parking in the residential area. The staff was fantastic! I was given very helpful information on vendors and other details to help the whole event run smooth. All of my questions were answered very quickly, and they seemed ready to help in any way as we planned our big day. On the day of the wedding, they were extra helpful and ensured everything was set the way we wanted. I could not have imagined a better venue for our wedding! I hope to have other events there as well; it makes a great party space!

2013-08-05T20:55:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this lovely review! We enjoyed working with you and your wedding party, and are glad that the weather was so perfect that day! Enjoy the married life!

Great experience!

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Tabitha H

My husband and I were really happy with how our wedding turned out. We chose Events on 6th because of the space: we were initially estimating having 150 guests, but the actual count ended up being closer to 120. This was a great venue for the crowd. Not only did we have a... Read More traditional sanctuary for our ceremony and separate reception hall, but there were also smaller rooms for the wedding party to get ready, a courtyard, a lounge, and various halls and spaces for guests of all ages to dance, eat, relax, and talk. The staff is excellent. They provided a lot of resources, but also were more than willing to let us use our photographer, caterer, and bartender of choice. Laura, Beth, and Kim were always available to answer any questions. They made sure we had access to the venue during planning, as well as right before the ceremony. They were also wonderful during the day of, making sure we had everything we needed and that we could always find them with any questions. Overall, Events on 6th was exactly what we were looking for: ample space, affordable, and a great, supportive staff. I highly recommend these gals!

2013-07-11T02:11:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! All of us at Events on 6th! enjoyed working with you and for you at your wedding! If we can ever do anything else for you, let us know. It was a pleasure working with you and your husband!... Read Less Read More

Meet The Manager

Lesley

I am here for you! Schedule a tour and I'll show you how Events on 6th is the perfect backdrop for your entire wedding day. I will also be present at your two vendor walkthroughs, and be at the building during your rehearsal and wedding day to make sure the building is in perfect condition for you. I am happy to be a gracious hostess to you, your family, and your friends.