Classic

Engagement, Trash The Dress

Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Jennifer A

We really loved our engagement and wedding photos taken by Aaron. We received our photos back in a timely manner. Aaron spent hours and took us to multiple locations per our request for our sessions. Our wedding guests and wedding party enjoyed his sense of humor and... Read More professionalism. We were even offered a complementary family photo session too!

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 John H

Don't be fooled by this photographer, he's NOT a professional. He did our wedding and we only received twenty photos from him. He said the rest were ruined. It was also brought to our attention that we weren't the only ones to have problems with this photographer. Do your... Read More research! He has a track record a mile long from Iowa courts online. He also has been caught from another review on here from stealing other photographers work. If you weren't guilty, why take down your website? Caution fellow married couples!!

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 John H

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 chelsea n

Very happy with the photos! They were breathtakingly beautiful and creative. Aaron makes you feel very relaxed and comfortable. Great photographer!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Jeri M

I love this photographer!! I have seen his potography over the years and have been stunned at the beauty, originality and composition in his work. I've often thought he should be featured in the Wedding Magazine. Flawless and very personable. I recommend you meet this Aaron and... Read More take a look at his portfolio, you will not be disappointed!! Jeri

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Melissa S

My fiance and I had the pleasure of meeting Aaron this past fall for our engagement photo session. The session went extremely well! We appreciated how Aaron started off the session with explaining what he hoped we would get out of the session and took the time to find out what... Read More our expectations were. We honestly couldn't have asked for a better photographer to take our pictures. I came to the session not knowing what to expect and quit nervous, since this was the first time I would be kissing my fiance in front of a complete stranger taking pictures of us. However, Aaron quickly set us at ease with his professionalism and knowledge of photography. One thing I noticed right away was how much Aaron cares about his work. He consistently made sure he was getting great shots and that made us feel assured we would end up with beautiful pictures in the end. I definitely was not disappointed when we got our final images back. They were AMAZING! I was so impressed with how well they turned out and we had tons to choose from. I know there are multiple reviews on here talking badly of Aaron, but my fiance and I can both agree that what Aaron did for us was quality work. If you want a photographer who will take the time to really listen to what you want and work hard to make sure that happens, then pick Aaron.

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Ben M

This is the second company this owner has launched that has used stolen images (including mine) from other photographers to deceive brides to give him money. Here's the full write up of the most recent copyright infringement:... Read More http://stopstealingphotos.com/expressions-photo-design-aka-expressions-aaron-des-moins-iowa/ He also apparently no-showed two couples' weddings as well: http://www.kcci.com/article/newlyweds-say-photographer-scammed-them-on-their-wedding-day/8677634

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Suzy S

DO NOT HIRE THIS SO-CALLED PHOTOGRAPHER!! He is a scammer. He was called out again, and has been doing this for years. His sites are down now, part of his hiding. But he had hundreds of photos that were stolen from other photographers oh his site, plagairized all the text on his... Read More website from other photographers, AND all of the fake 5 star reviews on HERE were also ripped off another photographer's review page on their website. Most times, he'll just take the money and run..cancel on you or just plain not show up! SCAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Jenna R

Hi everyone, STAY AWAY FROM THIS PHOTOGRAPHER! just to let you know this guy has ripped off multiple couples and takes their money and doesn't pay it back. You can read some of the reviews below and his extremely RUDE response. He even calls a couple IGNORANT. Here is the news... Read More article all about it! http://www.kcci.com/article/newlyweds-say-photographer-scammed-them-on-their-wedding-day/8677634 Believe me, you all can find way better photographer. Also it seems that he was accused of stealing photos for his website that he didn't even take. Please look elsewhere when finding a photographer!

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Heather W

I am so happy with the work Aaron did for our big day! From moving to Iowa and only know my fiancé I didn't know who to hire and I'm so happy I picked him. The price was right and he went above and beyond. My husband and I are recommending him all over social media. If you want... Read More proper photos of your big day he is the only one to go with!!

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Jill S

When my husband and I were prioritizing our "Wedding Must Haves" A great photographer was at the very top of our list. We wanted nothing but the best for our wedding day because we knew that you couldn't put a price on one of the most important days of our lives. We found the... Read More best of the best when we decided to work with Expressions Photo and Design. From the first day we met with Aaron the owner to talk about budget, wedding details, etc to the viewing session after our wedding, Aaron was fantastic. He is enthusiastic and so caring. He listened to our wants, desires, and visions and was so accommodating in the planning process and when he shot our wedding. In all of the craziness of planning a wedding for us, Aaron made his part very easy and exciting! Our photos are amazing and they will truly be cherished for the rest of our lives. If you are looking for a photographer to go above and beyond for you doing your wedding journey, I would highly recommend Expressions Photo and Design. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Stephanie B

"We used expressions photo and design for our july 3rd wedding in iowa city and he did an incredible job. He is very professional and accommodating. You can tell he is absolutely in love with what he does and he really takes the time to get to know you and your tastes to provide... Read More exactly what you're looking for. I couldn't have imagined our wedding photos turning out any better. They are amazing; aaron is very talented! It was a pleasure to work with aaron and i would definitely recommend aaron to anyone looking for a top notch photographer!" Stephanie and Troy

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Tiffany G

“Aaron the owner of Expressions Photo and Design was an unbelievable photographer. From the moment we met for our gorgeous engagement shoot he made us feel relaxed and natural, it was like walking along the beach with a friend. He was very clear in all his correspondence before... Read More the wedding and arrived early on the day and was really careful about giving us all space without missing any important moments. My mother in law was worried about us being taken away for a long time during our private shoot, but Aaron subtly grabbed us at different times throughout the day and no one noticed we were gone & we had the benefit of having lovely couple photographs in different light as it changed. There is so many great ones and many have been shared a huge amount on Facebook! Such gorgeous light and energy. Thank you Aaron! We will treasure the photos for ever!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Samantha B

Aaron of Expressions photo and design proved multiple times while working with us how astounding not only his amazing gift in photography is, but his desire to quickly build rapport, flexibility in meeting our individual needs, guidance and support in our wedding as a whole, and... Read More simply his passion for photography. When looking for a photographer to capture our wedding day, we were looking for someone who focused on our needs and was not bound by time, distance, number of shots, etc. We wanted someone who could capture not just pictures, but a “story;” A story of family, a story of a couple moving on to their next journey of life. Aaron and his team did this and more. He captured “our story” through both photography and videography with professionalism, creativity, fun, and laughter. With his number one goal to capture “our story” our photos and wedding video will be cherished for generations to come. In addition, he had the brilliant idea of not only capturing our wedding, but doing a post-wedding shoot. Without question, he made travel plans to come out to meet us, again, proving to us that Expressions Photo and Design is not just about “photography” but about creating memories. He told “our story” and the results through the photography and the videography were absolutely astonishing. My husband and I highly recommend Expressions Photo and Design for any of your needs. We cannot thank Aaron enough for capturing such an amazing part of our lives. Samantha and Jake

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Sabrina V

We loved working with Aaron. It is one of the best decisions that we made in planning our wedding. The photos of our wedding beat our expectations, which were set very high after seeing the awesome work in Aaron's portfolio. His work really captured the fun had by everyone at... Read More our events, as well as the uniqueness of everyones personalities. Beyond that, Aaron and his crew were an absolute JOY to work with from the very start. They were, friendly, helpful, professional, punctual, and fun every step of the way. Thank you Expressions Photo and Design for being awesome and capturing such fabulous and artistic images of the best day of our lives! Sabrina and David

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Amanda M

Aaron of Expressions Photo and Design is a true gem and we feel so blessed to have had him photograph our April 25th wedding! Not only is he incredibly talented, professional, committed and passionate about his work, he is also a truly wonderful person and a joy to work with. It... Read More was the middle of the week and I had just arrived at the car dealership to get an oil change. I got online and continued browsing wedding photography websites expressionsphotoanddesign.com (as all you brides know, the work never stops once you start smile emoticon I had looked at dozens of websites and even received referrals for wedding photographers, but I still didn't feel settled. When I came upon Aaron’s website I immediately felt something different. I decided to give him a call and he picked up the phone immediately (I came to know quickly that he is quite responsive and an excellent communicator). I told him I had seen his website and was interested in setting up a time to meet. He asked me what I was doing and offered to meet right away. "I can come pick you up and you can use the time to meet with me at my office instead of sitting at the dealership to wait for your car." he said. Aaron was so gentle and respectful that I had no hesitation. Within 15 minutes he showed up at the car dealership to pick me up and drive me over to his office! We clicked immediately and I knew I wanted to work with him right away. My initial feeling was affirmed once I saw more of his extraordinary work at his office. It took us a while to settle on our wedding date but once we finally did, the details fell into place quickly and easily (despite the fact that he was already booked for the year in January!). We had time between our ceremony and reception to do some portraits and they also turned out amazing! His energy and enthusiasm are incredible and he made the process so relaxing and fun, even for my husband who does not like to be photographed. We laughed, cried, ate and danced non-stop at our reception and Aaron got it all! Because of Aaron I am able to literally re-live the magic of our wedding and even see things I missed from being in the flurry of the day. I don't know how he manages to be in so many different places to catch everyone and everything but he really does it--and you will hardly even know he's there! Many photographers can capture moments but Aaron captures the feeling of each moment, and that is a gift. Thank you Aaron for your enthusiasm, generosity, support and for illuminating the beauty of our very special day! We are forever grateful to you and your extraordinary talent.

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Brooke F

Aaron and Josh are not only the best photographers that I have ever encountered, they are two seriously incredible people. The first time we met with them, we hung out for hours... and ever since then, every time we get together, we have a wonderful time. Aaron and Josh shotour... Read More engagement photos (which were amazing), and then our wedding in March 2016. I was blown away by the details, the emotions, the feelings and the stories the photos told. These two are incredible. If you are looking for photographers to capture the REAL moments, the best ones... you found them! Expressions Photo and Design are incredible at what they do, and are so much fun to be around!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 April S

Choosing Expressions Photo and Design for our wedding was the best choice we could have made! In fact it was the only vendor who did exactly what they were paid to do: take beautiful pictures of our special day! Our wedding was a wedding of vendor mishaps: wrong color flowers... Read More ordered by the florist (which we did not find out about until the Friday before the wedding – after three design consultations), rental companies renting us faulty equipment and ruining the reception etc. Expressions Photo and Design saved the day and did not miss a beat- or a shot- amidst all the chaos. Not only were we impressed with the accommodating and enthusiastic nature of Aaron, but the caring attitude of the company as well. It was evident that both photographer’s really cared about us as people; they cared about taking pictures of our special moments that we would love. In a market full of fancy equipment, overly- edited images and enormous price tags we wanted genuine images (of people we could recognize as ourselves ha) that were shot with skill, creativity and passion. We would recommend Expressions Photo and Design to any bride and groom looking for a great experience.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Addison M

We met Aaron at the Bridal Forum in January . Being engaged and planning my own wedding I paid close attention to photography. Right away I was able to notice Aaron's professionalism, talent and attention to detail. While looking for photographers for my wedding that took place... Read More on 6/26/2016 I kept referencing the work I have seen of other photographers to the work Aaron did and there was no comparison. I knew I wanted Aaron to capture our special day. From the first encounter about our wedding day to the very last moment of our wedding day Aaron has been friendly, very approachable, honest, patient and nothing but accommodating. We had some difficulty with scheduling our engagement shoot due to my schedule and weather but Aaron didn't disappoint again. He was understanding and accommodating. During the engagement shoot I was once again reassured that I made the right choice. The photographs were available very fast and they are breath taking. There were many things to worry about for the day of the wedding but photography wasn't one of them. Aaron was there, punctual and ready to capture our special day. He made sure he captured all the special moments and I felt very comfortable speaking to him as if I had known him for a very long time. I could keep writing all the wonderful things about Aaron's work but his photographs speak for themselves. My husband and I are so thrilled we chose Aaron as our photographer. We love our photos and so does everyone else who has seen them. I have extraordinary photographs that reflect my extraordinary day forever and that is all thanks to his talent and his magic touch with photography. We can't thank him enough.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Natalie B

After a long search for our wedding photographer we have found Aaron who shot our wedding September 2015 at The Barnes Place in Adel Iowa. Firstly, Aaron was so friendly and accommodating to any request and time frame we picked. We planned our wedding from out of state, which... Read More was quite challenging (especially since we were so busy traveling and working). Aaron made it so easy for us to though! 1. He was prompt with email and call responses. 2. He listened and understood our wishes and respected our time. 3. Gave us lots of tips prior taking the pictures (have clean nails, etc smile emoticon 4.) Made us so comfortable while taking photos and was fast (so we didn't have to stand for family pictures for hours at one spot). 5.) He did a research about the event venue and had knowledge of the area (which made it easier to capture the desired effects). 6. We have received all of our photos within a few weeks after our wedding. We selected Aaron based on 1.) his artistic photos we reviewed on his website and on 2.) compatible prices. Aaron is a true professional with passion and a deep knowledge of photography. He was literally "invisible" while taking our photos during the ceremony and reception ... almost as if he wasn't there, but he was in fact EVERYWHERE! He captured so many precious moments and yet was not even seen. In short, Aaron is a very gifted photographer with an amazing eye for detail and moments. All of our wedding photos are absolutely beautiful and the colors so vibrant - they look amazing in frames and albums! Truly a high end magazine style. We highly recommend Aaron to anyone seeking a professional and friendly photographer for any event! We will definitely use his services again!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Hannah R

COOLEST AND EASIEST TO WORK WITH PHOTOGRAPHERS, EVER! What initially drew me to Expressions photo and design was the timeless look they had. We wanted to look back at our photos years from now and feel confident they’d have a classic look about them. From our first consultation,... Read More we knew we had picked the perfect team to capture our big day. They truly cared about getting to know us individually and as a couple to make us comfortable and as a result, the photos tell the story of who we are together. They knew all of the important shots to take without us having to go through a list with them. I absolutely love going through my photos (and do on an almost weekly basis) because Aaron of Expressions so perfectly documented our day from start to finish and we get to live the best day of our loves over and over. We are so extremely elated with the results and try to sing their praises to everyone we can. I am telling you, you are not going to find a more professional, fair, fun team to work with. My husband and I can be awkward around the camera, but they made it feel very natural and laid back, and the photos reflect it. I cannot even picture what my day would have turned out without them working the wedding! From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU EXPRESSIONS PHOTO AND DESIGN!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Monica K

Aaron did our Wedding in October and was wonderful to work with. We had a short engagement and had trouble finding a photographer. Some that we contacted before we found him would not even return our calls. Aaron always got back to us right away with any questions we had.... Read More The day of the Wedding he was very flexible and made everybody comfortable during pictures. Very happy that we found him and had him as our photographer!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Caitlyn L

We selected Expressions Photo & Design to be a part of our wedding based on a referral from a few friends. Aaron & his crew did a fantastic job helping everything move along on our wedding day all while doing his best to get a lot of great photos. We had one of the hottest days... Read More of the year, but Aaron & his crew were not about to let the weather stop them from getting some awesome shots. They were even willing to do a ton of risky rock climbing all to get the right angle just for us. We would highly recommend using Expressions for your event, the down-to-earth crew won't disappoint! We cannot wait to see all the photos when he is finished!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Kayla G

I was very happy with how the picture turned out. Aaron is fantastic at what he does. I was also very happy at how the engagement session went. He was great at making it fun and was great at getting to know my fiancé and I. I am very excited about having him at the wedding and I... Read More can't wait to see what he will do for those pictures.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Andrea O

Expressions Photo & Design is hands down the best photography business!! Aaron and his crew were great to us and even managed to get amazing pictures of our very active 3 year old! They were patient and I didn't feel rushed at all! I told them what pictures I wanted done and... Read More they made it happen!! Aaron also has a great sense of humor which helped me with my wedding jitters. We also got lots of compliments on the DJ. He played everything we wanted him to play and he was so kind to us! Our pictures were returned to us in a timely manner and were perfect quality. Aaron and his crew captured our whole special day and didn't miss a beat! I highly recommend them, because they are the best!!

Start a Conversation!