Farmington Gardens

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Main Room. Boasting over 5,000 square feet of space, the Main Room can accommodate between 100 and 342 guests for a banquet reception. A 625-square-foot dance floor anchors this airy space and is surrounded by neutral colors that make your wedding colors pop.

The Greenhouse. This intimate glass-walled space is perfect for cocktails and smaller events. A full cherry bar with a copper top is a welcoming amenity, and the greenhouse ceiling is hung with clouds of whimsical paper lanterns that can be dressed with colored shades to complement your decor.

The Grounds. You'll love the romantic setting for your outdoor ceremony and wedding photos. A curved patio leads to an emerald lawn graced with a charming white pergola, the ideal place to exchange your vows. Cultivated flowers and an evergreen garden add to the outdoor appeal.

Your on-site wedding coordinator will help you plan all the details of your event. Farmington Gardens only hosts one event per day, so you're sure to get all the time you need to decorate or capture that perfect wedding shot. The preferred vendor list helps you find wedding professionals to ensure your wedding is hassle-free. House DJ entertainment is also available.

All wedding packages include tables and silver chiavari chairs with ivory cushions, ivory table linens and napkins and coffee, tea and soft drinks. Your catering package includes five hours of event time with an extra 30 minutes for cleanup; a five-hour open bar with cheese and crudités; a selection of butlered hors d'oeuvres and a plated appetizer; a gourmet four-course plated meal; butlered wine service with dinner, dessert and a champagne toast. You also have the option of three chef-attended stations and a buffet reception. Minimum guest counts of 125 on Friday, 150 on Saturday and 100 on Sunday are required.

Customize your wedding celebration with these upgrades and extra perks:

• Colored napkins, linens and paper lantern and sconce shades
  • Custom-printed menus
  • Valet parking
  • Ice carvings and custom cocktails
  • Espresso station
  • Attended coat check
  • Dance floor customization and uplighting
  • Outdoor fire pit

A Special Place For Special Occasions

Set in a scenic garden full of rolling hills, Farmington Gardens team of chefs, designers & directors strive to fulfill the most lavish ambitions of today's bride. Let us make your special day as perfect as it deserves to be, surrounded by the natural beauty & rustic charm of Farmington Gardens.

Ballroom, Barn

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

999 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT (860) 678-1353

May 10, 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Jennifer S

Our wedding was May 10, 2014. We searched for venues and could not find anything that satisfied us until we came to Farmington Gardens. We were blown away at the overall beauty of the venue as well as the numerous cuisine selections. We booked it and couldn't have been happier... Read More with the results! Elizabeth Hall was amazing. Patient, understanding of our wants and needs and very clear when discussing options. "No" was a word she never spoke to us when we made requests. She answered our emails and phone calls promptly and efficiently. The day of our wedding was amazing. The whole place was amazing and everything was perfectly executed. The cuisine was perfect and 2 months later our guests are still praising the great job the staff did. We added the optional raw bar for cocktail hour and it was all so fresh and the guests raved about it!! We had 200 guests and they were all accommodated comfortably. I would absolutely, without a doubt, recommend Farmington Gardens for your wedding day or any other occasion. Thank you, Elizabeth and Phil and Katrina for the wedding I have been dreaming of for my entire life. I will cherish this day for the rest of my life!

Absolutely Incredible Venue - They Make it Easy to Have the Best Wedding Ever!

Reviewed on 3/28/2014 Carrie C

I was beyond impressed by Farmington Gardens. I didn't realize that with the booking, you get pretty much your own wedding planner along with it. Elizabeth is who I worked with and she was incredibly nice, organized, on top of things, and easy to contact. I knew she was great... Read More when I received my first email back from her, in response to mine, at 9:30pm one night. She truly seems to enjoy what she does and is so good at it! Phil and the rest of the crew are great too. They were there on the wedding day and executed everything perfectly. They were on top of moving flower arrangements from the ceremony location to the cocktail hour to the reception. They also checked in to make sure everything was going smoothly as much as possible. During the cocktail hour, we went out back to the field to take pictures with the wedding party. This was a solid 5 minute hike in heels. The servers who were passing out hors d'oeuvres followed us back there to offer us food during the cocktail hour! I was blown away. All in all, I think Farmington Gardens truly made my wedding phenomenal. They have a great value and are willing to work with you to adjust prices to fit in your range. I HIGHLY recommend them.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Kristin T

Wow!! Where do I begin? I must say that Farmington Gardens was such a beautiful place to have our wedding. Some describe the venue as having a rustic elegance, which is true…the landscape with flower gardens and waterfalls surrounded by country is just beautiful…and quiet,... Read More but it can also be transformed into a bit more modern, such as for our wedding. When I walked into Farmington Gardens on my wedding day it completely took my breath away!! I can honestly speak for my now husband as well regarding just how amazing it all was. It was a perfect blend of what my husband & I and our families wanted for our wedding day. It's funny how you spend so much time putting something together….and planning each puzzle piece, but while you have a very good idea of what it's all going to look like you really don't know for sure how it's all going to come together and how exactly the puzzle is going to take shape as a whole until your special day arrives. Sure enough, it was everything we could have asked for!!! The staff at Farmington Gardens work so well together. They are such a good team and work really hard to make sure every detail comes out the way you envision it. Thank you again Elizabeth, Phil, Kat, Nick, and Emily!!!! Our guests continue to rave about what a beautiful wedding we had, how much fun they had, and how perfect the venue was from the location, decor, grounds, cocktail room, reception room (they loved the open movement between rooms), FOOD (portion size, quality, and taste!….thanks so much Kat!!), and the friendliness of the staff. So many of our guests had a ball with Nick and the female bartender (tall, blonde hair…so sorry I never got a chance to introduce myself to her)! Your staff truly made our day as spectacular as it was so thank you, thank you, thank you again. Especially at the end of the night when my head was spinning from saying goodbyes while holding my niece and still trying to take it all in, Emily was so wonderful in helping to gather all of our belongings and tie up all the loose ends for us. All of our belongings were given back clean and packed away just as they had received them. We felt so well taken care of and it is so much appreciated to this day. Phil, the GM, is very professional and does a great job managing everything behind the scenes! Last but not least, THANK YOU ELIZABETH!!! I was afraid I wouldn't be able to encompass everything in this review…and still may have missed a couple of wonderful things, but I have to end with Elizabeth. Elizabeth is the Wedding/Events Manager and she is incredible!! She is extremely detail oriented, very organized, knowledgeable, and so kind. Elizabeth was truly my left arm in the whole process. I have a special place in my heart for her. It may sound funny, but planning a wedding is very personal and she really helped me. I hadn't ever planned my wedding out in my head or researched anything until shortly after my engagement, so there was so much that was unfamiliar to me. Elizabeth not only took the time to help make Farmington Gardens the perfect venue for my husband and I, but she helped me through so much of the wedding process in general. Elizabeth is so on top of things so you can be reassured that everything will be taken care of to your standard. She was always so prompt in getting back to me and I am so grateful for all that she did. We will definitely book another even at Farmington Gardens in the future. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN! -Kristin & Todd 8/9/13

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Kristin E

Our wedding was perfect thanks to Kalee and the staff at Farmington Gardens. Kalee was amazing during the planning and was so attentive the day of. The venue itself is gorgeous And our guests raved about the food.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Michael K

Married - July 17, 2016 Ceremony and Reception was at Farmington Gardens. Amazing Service! They had the best staff to aid us in our adventure to get married. Kalee was our organizer and she did above and beyond to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. We had some unique... Read More changes to satisfy our Beauty and the Beast themed wedding and she was able to piece or vision together with our views and plenty of ideas that came from her. If you want a custom wedding with great food and great staff then Farmington Gardens is for you!!! If you have trouble with finding vendors for your wedding Kalee knew very trustworthy vendors who were in our price range and were very reliable!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Isabel K

The Farmington Gardens and their entire staff are phenomenal. I had fallen in love with the venue the moment we toured it, but Kalee truly made my vision a reality. During the entire process she was only an email away, responding so quickly and always being calm and helpful.... Read More Everything was perfect and all my guests were talking about what a wonderful time they had, and that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Kalee and the entire staff went above and beyond all of our expectations to make our day perfect and unforgettable.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Divya K

This was the first place that we visited when looking for wedding venues and knew immediately it was the perfect fit for us. They were so accommodating to all our requests especially since we were having a nontraditional Indian-American wedding. The thing we loved most about the... Read More venue was the privacy and freedom to have the exact type of wedding you want. Since you have the place to yourself, you don't have to worry about seeing other wedding parties there during your own. Their packages are also so customizable and the work very closely with you to make sure everything that you want is prepared and displayed how you like. Kalee, the event coordinator, was such a tremendous help. She is very organized and sweet. She makes sure to meet with the couples every few weeks leading up to the wedding to see what progress they've made in the planning process, she goes over every detail with you which was amazing. She always immediately responded to emails and had an answer for every question that we asked. For someone who had a lot of DIY projects for their wedding, Kalee and her team were very patient and helped put together every idea that I had on that day. The staff was so helpful and friendly with our guests. Although we didn't get to taste the food, our guests said it was amazing especially the desserts which was way more than what we had imagined. Our sweetheart wedding cake was also from the pastry chef at the gardens and it looked and tasted amazing. We only have good things to say about this place and would highly recommend to any couple looking for a wedding venue.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Arielle B

We absolutely loved our wedding at Farmington Gardens. From day one, Kalee was very helpful, organized, and quickly responded to any questions. She really helped make our visions come to life. On our wedding day, Kalee ensured everything ran smoothly, and we didn't have to worry... Read More about the timeline. The food was wonderful, and portions were perfect. The waitstaff was also great, and ensured we had food and drinks during cocktail hour; even trekking to meet us in the field in back. Our guests have also commented on how friendly the bar service was. The atmosphere was a mix of rustic and romantic with a little glitter tossed in, which was perfect for us. We would definitely recommend this venue to future couples.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Alaina V

Farmington Gardens created my fairytale wedding and then some. Working with Kalee was seamless. She was organized, responsive and ensured that all my questions, worries or ideas were completely addressed. This venue was top-notch and for a price that is extremely competitive... Read More with the amazing service you receive. We bargained a little bit, and took off the appetizer and 1 hor d'euovre and were able to shave off a couple dollars per head, which makes a big difference in the numbers for cost. The vibe for this place is fun and relaxing, but yet very sophisticated and just NICE. The food was out of this world. Our guests are still raving about how good the food was. Also the bartenders were so friendly and made any drink we wanted. I would 100% recommend this venue to any bride or groom. You will not be let down! Even the day of, the staff were so attentive and always making sure I had a drink in hand and all was going well.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Shelby J

Loved everything about this place! Kalee was amazing at keeping us organized. The chef was absolutely wonderful! He came out to all the tables during dinner to make sure everyone was happy. So many options from food to decor. Very helpful. The Gardens and green house are... Read More beautiful not to mention the gorgeous chandeliers in the rustic dining room. We wouldn't have changed a thing about our special day! Thank you to the staff at Farmington gardens.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Amanda M

Farmington Gardens went above and beyond any expectations I had! Everyone commented on how beautiful the place was and how everything was just perfect. They did an amazing job and I can not put into words how happy we were with the outcome. The food was AMAZING and people are... Read More still talking about it. They took our wedding vision and made it a reality and I am truly so grateful. We wish we could relive that day over and over again.

Reviewed on 3/19/2016

Don't be deceived by the friendly smiles. The management of the operation is poor. They ran out of food during the dinner portion. They didn't have adequate staffing to serve the event. Although the planners are pleasant, the follow through when it matters most is poor.

Reviewed on 12/29/2015

I have only positive things to say about Farmington Gardens. Our wedding experience was better than we ever could have imagined. They have accommodating and friendly staff, beautiful, unique atmosphere, and delicious food! My guests cannot stop raving about their experience... Read More at our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Jeni C

Truly the best day of our lives! Everything from the food tasting, to the rehearsal dinner to the big day, we could not have asked for a better day. We owe it all to the help of Kalee for her help and wonderful planning. She helped guide us through the whole process and was... Read More readily available the entire time. All of guests are still talking about how amazing the food was at Farmington Gardens! The fire-pit at the end of the night was a huge hit with our guests who loved the end of the night smores snack! The only issue we had was with the bartenders who seemed to be unhappy and in a rush to end the night. Overall, the grounds of Farmington Gardens, the food, and the help of Kalee made for a night we will never forget. If you are looking for a private venue that will cater to your needs and if you want the best food around, we highly suggest checking out Farmington Gardens!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Abigail H

If your are looking for country elegance this is it! Gorgeous grounds spring -fall that are perfectly kept with seasonal flowers. Indoor cocktail room with globes on glass ceiling which guests will rave about during evening weddings. Amazing reception room with wooden ceilings,... Read More updated elegant bathrooms and cute bridal suite for privacy if needed. The chief works there full time and her food is outstanding, did not get a single complaint from any guest. Kalee the wedding coordinator is amazing, will accommodate you in every way possible, be easily accessible by email and phone and be your savor on wedding day! I can't give this venue enough credit. My husband and I stumbled upon it via Internet and went with our gut, best decision we made! After the wedding we were told by many guests it's the best one they have ever been too! On top of it the local florist works with the venue often and power stations DJ designed the stereo system there so it works out perfectly. I highly recommend this venue if your looking for an elegant, country wedding with gorgeous locations for photography and amazing food!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Seana M

Farmington gardens was incredible! Everyone there was so accommodating which really allowed us to personalize our day! Kalee, the wedding planner was so helpful but never in the way. Every detail was planned out and communicated. The food was amazing and they even let us have... Read More our favorite meals for our dinners while the guests had their meals. The venue was very rustic but allowed for a homey feel. Everyone has been raving about the venue and food and whole environment weeks after the wedding. Would highly recommend it!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Elizabeth R

We loved having our wedding at Farmington Gardens. We had a large wedding of 150 people and the team and day of staff went above and beyond to make the entire grounds beautiful and were amazingly accommodating to the bridal party and all our guests. Kalee was available for the... Read More months leading up to the wedding and was super organized and helped us prepare along the way. She was amazing the day of the wedding and held the entire event together keeping everything running smoothly so any hiccups went completely unnoticed by me. We used their in-house photobooth and it was a huge hit with the guests and the pictures came out great. During the night and since the wedding, our guests have raved about the venue and we couldn't be happier! Definitely a hidden gem on route 4 and we highly recommend!

Perfect venue for a wedding!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Elizabeth R

We loved having our wedding at Farmington Gardens. We had a large wedding of 150 people and the team and day of staff went above and beyond to make the entire grounds beautiful and were amazingly accommodating to the bridal party and all our guests. Kalee was available for... Read More the months leading up to the wedding and was super organized and helped us prepare along the way. She was amazing the day of the wedding and held the entire event together keeping everything running smoothly so any hiccups went completely unnoticed by me. We used their in-house photobooth and it was a huge hit with the guests and the pictures came out great. During the night and since the wedding, our guests have raved about the venue and we couldn't be happier! Definitely a hidden gem on route 4 and we highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Caylee J

I fell in love with this venue from the moment I walked through the front gates and it just gets better from there. The grounds and buildings themselves are beautiful and have a great "flow" for a party. It has so many options for ceremony locations and a great backup inside the... Read More greenhouse. The staff makes it all even better. I worked with Kalee during the wedding process and I cannot recommend and praise her enough. She was amazing! She was so professional and responsive to emails and phone calls which was great to get questions answered quickly. She had great ideas to contribute and was very organized and detailed with planning and setting up the day of itinerary. Thanks to her and the rest of the crew there our day went off without a hitch and all of our decor was set up exactly as I'd imagined. The flexibility of the venue is what makes it so special. They will accommodate almost anything you can imagine and they have so many choices for decor, floor plan setup, food, dessert, etc. It was difficult to choose from all the food and dessert options but our choices were so delicious and I heard the same from many of our guests. This place has a special place in my heart now and I would very highly recommend it.

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Lori M

I don't have enough praise for Farmington Gardens and the people that make it run. We could not have chosen a better venue for the biggest day of our lives. You will be the only wedding on that day. This is great because you don't feel like you're at a wedding factory,... Read More you don't feel rushed, and you don't feel like you could be overlooked due to another event at the same time. The beauty of the venue speaks for itself. They will pretty much allow you to decorate the venue anyway you like. We chose the simplicity of just the ledge candles in the ballroom, with the exposed beams it was amazing. The greenhouse is a great cocktail hour location and backup ceremony in the event of bad weather. Obviously the gardens make a fantastic ceremony and picture backdrop. The food choices are plentiful and all delicious. Prepare yourself for the tasting, because you will leave full and happy. My wife and I have received numerous comments on how fantastic the food was, even a few "best wedding meals I've ever had". The morning of our wedding the weather was questionable. They did not rush us to make a decision on being inside or outside. They allowed us to watch the weather reports and wait as long as possible to make a decision. It worked out, because as we waited the weather got better and better and we were able to be outside at the pergola. Everything went off without a hitch, or at least if there were any issues nobody knew. Many of our guests have told us how beautiful everything was, how well everything flowed, and that they had a blast. Most importantly, Kalee is amazing to work with. We met with Kalee several times throughout the planning process, and every time walked out amazed at how easy she made things. Her professionalism and calm demeanor made even the toughest decisions seem easy. She was always available to answer our questions and re arrange things to meet changing needs. She even was willing to give my wife her personal cell phone while she was on vacation in the event she needed to get a hold of her. Luckily, probably because of all her help before that point, that was never an issue. You are in great hands with Kalee. Thank you again to everybody at Farmington Gardens for making our wedding day the greatest it could have been. We truly feel that there isn't a better venue for us to have been married at.

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Sonia B

Our wedding was on 2/28/15. It was after a very difficult event in our lives. Farmington Gardens made everything so easy. There was no stress involved in our planning whatsoever. The venue is beautiful, the food was amazing, and am so happy we chose to have our wedding... Read More here. The ice cream sundae bar they set up was AMAZING!

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Amanda N

This place is beyond beautiful. We fell in love with this venue once we walked into the greenhouse. Kalee is a fabulous wedding coordinator and helped us through every step of the process. The day of the wedding she was EVERYWHERE, taking care of everything. She is such a hard... Read More worker!! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous in the summer, the food is the best you’ll ever have at a wedding, and the atmosphere is breathtaking. You will not regret booking your wedding at Farmington Gardens. I’m hoping one of my friends books there so we can go back!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Lauren L

Perfect from start to finish! My now husband and I fell in love with Farmington Gardens when we saw it, and we couldn't be happier with our choice. Kalee Brunelle, the event coordinator, was responsive, organized, helpful, and beyond easy to work with. It didn't matter how many... Read More questions we asked, she was great! Even though it ended up raining, our wedding was flawless. Kalee ensured that the event went off without a hitch, waiting until the last moment to move the wedding inside. It was still beyond beautiful! 5 minutes after our indoor ceremony, the greenhouse area was transformed into the perfect cocktail hour space. While we had assumed our lawn games and s'mores bar were simply not meant to be, we were thrilled to see the games and s'mores appear inside. The food, the people, the location, the amazing wedding coordinator...you can't go wrong! We didn't have to think about a thing. I cannot recommend Farmington Gardens enough.

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Kathleen K

My husband and I got married at Farmington gardens this past May 2015 (Memorial day weekend)Despite being a busy weekend for them, we were amazed by how perfect they made our wedding. We had both the ceremony and reception on site . We could not have asked for a better venue on... Read More our wedding day. From the moment we booked at the Gardens I knew that they were going to take great care of use. We met with Phil the owner and he instantly made us feel comfortable and confident in our choice. The wedding coordinator –Kalee Brunelle is amazing! She was sooo easy to work , always organized and patient with us and was as sweet as can be! She really listened to what we wanted and made our wedding day perfect! The décor was exactly how we imagined and the food was amazing! All of our guests commented on how attentive the staff was and how delicious all the food was. We could not have asked for a more prefect day. Thank you to all of the staff for making our wedding day awesome!

wedding day

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Jillian E

The day of the wedding was perfect! We couldn't have asked for a better place to get married at. We are still getting compliments on how perfect are wedding was. I have been told on more than one occasion that this was the best wedding food they have ever had. They did a perfect... Read More job the day of the wedding with everything. We did not have one problem occur. Leading up to the wedding there were a few changes in staff which did cause a little stress. Sometimes before the wedding it was hard to make appointments or get a hold of people but in the end we had a perfect day and wouldn't have changed a thing. It is a beautiful place with awesome food that your guests will truely enjoy.