Farmington Gardens

Farmington, CT

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

A Special Place For Special Occasions

Set in a scenic garden full of rolling hills, Farmington Gardens team of chefs, designers & directors strive to fulfill the most lavish ambitions of today's bride. Let us make your special day as perfect as it deserves to be, surrounded by the natural beauty & rustic charm of Farmington Gardens.

Ballroom, Barn

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

999 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT (860) 678-1353

May 10, 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Jennifer S

Our wedding was May 10, 2014. We searched for venues and could not find anything that satisfied us until we came to Farmington Gardens. We were blown away at the overall beauty of the venue as well as the numerous cuisine selections. We booked it and couldn't have been happier... Read More with the results! Elizabeth Hall was amazing. Patient, understanding of our wants and needs and very clear when discussing options. "No" was a word she never spoke to us when we made requests. She answered our emails and phone calls promptly and efficiently. The day of our wedding was amazing. The whole place was amazing and everything was perfectly executed. The cuisine was perfect and 2 months later our guests are still praising the great job the staff did. We added the optional raw bar for cocktail hour and it was all so fresh and the guests raved about it!! We had 200 guests and they were all accommodated comfortably. I would absolutely, without a doubt, recommend Farmington Gardens for your wedding day or any other occasion. Thank you, Elizabeth and Phil and Katrina for the wedding I have been dreaming of for my entire life. I will cherish this day for the rest of my life!

Absolutely Incredible Venue - They Make it Easy to Have the Best Wedding Ever!

Reviewed on 3/28/2014 Carrie C

I was beyond impressed by Farmington Gardens. I didn't realize that with the booking, you get pretty much your own wedding planner along with it. Elizabeth is who I worked with and she was incredibly nice, organized, on top of things, and easy to contact. I knew she was great... Read More when I received my first email back from her, in response to mine, at 9:30pm one night. She truly seems to enjoy what she does and is so good at it! Phil and the rest of the crew are great too. They were there on the wedding day and executed everything perfectly. They were on top of moving flower arrangements from the ceremony location to the cocktail hour to the reception. They also checked in to make sure everything was going smoothly as much as possible. During the cocktail hour, we went out back to the field to take pictures with the wedding party. This was a solid 5 minute hike in heels. The servers who were passing out hors d'oeuvres followed us back there to offer us food during the cocktail hour! I was blown away. All in all, I think Farmington Gardens truly made my wedding phenomenal. They have a great value and are willing to work with you to adjust prices to fit in your range. I HIGHLY recommend them.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Kristin T

Wow!! Where do I begin? I must say that Farmington Gardens was such a beautiful place to have our wedding. Some describe the venue as having a rustic elegance, which is true…the landscape with flower gardens and waterfalls surrounded by country is just beautiful…and quiet,... Read More but it can also be transformed into a bit more modern, such as for our wedding. When I walked into Farmington Gardens on my wedding day it completely took my breath away!! I can honestly speak for my now husband as well regarding just how amazing it all was. It was a perfect blend of what my husband & I and our families wanted for our wedding day. It's funny how you spend so much time putting something together….and planning each puzzle piece, but while you have a very good idea of what it's all going to look like you really don't know for sure how it's all going to come together and how exactly the puzzle is going to take shape as a whole until your special day arrives. Sure enough, it was everything we could have asked for!!! The staff at Farmington Gardens work so well together. They are such a good team and work really hard to make sure every detail comes out the way you envision it. Thank you again Elizabeth, Phil, Kat, Nick, and Emily!!!! Our guests continue to rave about what a beautiful wedding we had, how much fun they had, and how perfect the venue was from the location, decor, grounds, cocktail room, reception room (they loved the open movement between rooms), FOOD (portion size, quality, and taste!….thanks so much Kat!!), and the friendliness of the staff. So many of our guests had a ball with Nick and the female bartender (tall, blonde hair…so sorry I never got a chance to introduce myself to her)! Your staff truly made our day as spectacular as it was so thank you, thank you, thank you again. Especially at the end of the night when my head was spinning from saying goodbyes while holding my niece and still trying to take it all in, Emily was so wonderful in helping to gather all of our belongings and tie up all the loose ends for us. All of our belongings were given back clean and packed away just as they had received them. We felt so well taken care of and it is so much appreciated to this day. Phil, the GM, is very professional and does a great job managing everything behind the scenes! Last but not least, THANK YOU ELIZABETH!!! I was afraid I wouldn't be able to encompass everything in this review…and still may have missed a couple of wonderful things, but I have to end with Elizabeth. Elizabeth is the Wedding/Events Manager and she is incredible!! She is extremely detail oriented, very organized, knowledgeable, and so kind. Elizabeth was truly my left arm in the whole process. I have a special place in my heart for her. It may sound funny, but planning a wedding is very personal and she really helped me. I hadn't ever planned my wedding out in my head or researched anything until shortly after my engagement, so there was so much that was unfamiliar to me. Elizabeth not only took the time to help make Farmington Gardens the perfect venue for my husband and I, but she helped me through so much of the wedding process in general. Elizabeth is so on top of things so you can be reassured that everything will be taken care of to your standard. She was always so prompt in getting back to me and I am so grateful for all that she did. We will definitely book another even at Farmington Gardens in the future. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN! -Kristin & Todd 8/9/13

Reviewed on 4/12/2018 Kelly B

My daughter was married here on April 7, 2018. Everything about the event went perfectly. Kailee is the wedding coordinator and she did a fantastic job taking care of every detail. The space is beautiful, the green house is lovely for the wedding ceremony and the cocktail hour.... Read More My daughter and her new husband had their dream wedding and are so very happy. We got many compliments on the space and the food. Five stars!

Reviewed on 3/10/2018 Avery H

I have Kalee and all the staff of Farmington Gardens to thank for my dream wedding!!! My now-husband and I have a very large family and were expecting around 300 guests at our wedding. Not only could Farmington Gardens accommodate that many guests but they could provide... Read More different sites for ceremony, cocktail, and reception without having to bus my guests to multiple locations. Everything was beautifully set up and my guests are still talking about how amazing the wedding was! Kalee was our wedding planner and I honestly can't speak any higher of her! She was beyond amazing and my mom, mother in law and I thank God she was there to help us through this journey. She was professional, organized, and kept us all very calm while directing us seamlessly through the planning process and the big day. The whole day itself was perfect, the food was amazing, the drinks were amazing, the locations and decorations were amazing and the staff were the icing on the cake! We can't thank Farmington Gardens enough for making it all possible! So many other venues were too strict or too expensive to make my dream wedding a reality but Farmington Gardens was flexible in all the right areas and affordable enough to allow me room to get the additions I wanted.

Reviewed on 2/25/2018 Cortni K

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at Farmington Gardens in August. The planning process was very easy (even being out of state) and our coordinator, Courtney, was extremely helpful. Farmington Gardens hosted one large tasting event with all the summer weddings and it... Read More was really helpful because they offered pretty much the entire menu of items to taste with several decor ideas on display. The gardens, greenhouse, and ballroom were all set up beautifully the day of our wedding. The level of coordination and work done by Farmington Gardens staff really helped relieve a lot of stress on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Jessica C

My husband and I could not be happier that we chose to get married at Farmington Gardens! Working with Courtney was an absolute pleasure from start to finish! She made sure every detail was set well in advance so that there was zero stress on our wedding day. Although we had... Read More planned to have the ceremony outside, we had to move it into the greenhouse because of rain…and everything was still flawless! The entire staff was wonderful and the food was FANTASTIC! So many of our guests commented that it was the nicest wedding they had ever been to. Farmington Gardens is simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Katie B

Just got married at Farmington Gardens last night, and if I could give a rating higher than 5 stars I would! From the decor, to the staff, to the food, to the grounds and venue itself Farmington Gardens is absolute perfection! The landscaping is meticulous and the grounds are... Read More absolutely gorgeous. The head chef introduced himself after our delicious dinner, and even let me take home a doggy bag when I couldn’t finish! We started our planning process with Kalee, and transitioned to Courtney when Kalee earned a (well deserved) promotion! Both women were extremely knowledgable, kind, approachable, and accommodating. Courtney was absolutely phenomenal and helped me organize and plan for months before the big day. She responded to every email and question nearly immediately and even made accommodations to allow us to play a video over the projector during my father/daughter dance. My wedding would literally not have been the night it was without her, I may have hugged her more than some of my own family! I would recommended Courtney, Kalee, and the entire team to ANYONE looking to host ANY event! Thank you for helping us have our dream wedding and hosting the best day of our lives! We will forever be grateful to you ❤️

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Daniela S

i had my wedding at Farmington Gardens on August 26, i can not even begin to rave about how smoothly and beautiful everything was. Courtney and Kalee made me feel so comfortable since the day my husband and i stepped foot on that property. This venue is obviously gorgeous and... Read More everything we wanted. But we would not have chosen it if it was not for those two girls. we had the pleasure of working with both of them and they were so incredible. Kalee helped us plan in the beginning but then took on a high position so we were given Courtney as our wedding coordinator and i don't think ive ever trusted someone more when planning something for me in my life. Everything was stunning, perfect, exactly how i wanted it and she was 100% the majority of the reason why. Not to mention the food was DELICIOUS, the servers / bartenders/ etc were absolutely incredible. There really are no words for how amazing everything went. thank you FG for making mine and Zach wedding a realty, dealing with all my annoying questions, answering all my emails, sitting down with us, and for making our day perfect. We love you guys!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Kelly B

The other reviews don't lie - this venue was incredible to work with. Kalee is a wedding planning goddess and was so great to work with. She really thought of everything and guided us through the whole process. Everything here was just so easy, there was never a "no we can't do... Read More that" for every question and request we had. Because there's only one event per day it was so nice to just drop everything off the day before at our rehearsal and didn't have to worry about a thing. Great rain option in the greenhouse, super flexible about literally everything, great food, 100% stress-free from the very first meeting. Seriously I can't say enough great things about this venue, if you want to enjoy your wedding and the process, choose farmington gardens. Thank you Kalee and Farmington Gardens!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Laura G

Where do I even start.... Our wedding was 6/17/17 and everything was PERFECT- and this was all due to the hard work of the wedding coordinators at Farmington Gardens! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and the food was PHENOMENAL- but the entire wedding process- they have... Read More that down to a science! The food tasting was flawlessly executed and we had meetings every 3 months with our coordinator. They had limitless amounts of great suggestions and ideas for us- there was never any mishap, or any moments when I thought they were leaving something out or confusing my event with another. They were constantly in contact with me and even took it upon themselves to confirm all vendors the week before my wedding so I wouldn't have to. The day of the wedding was executed PERFECTLY. I can't tell you how many compliments we got on the staff, the venue, the food, the service, EVERYTHING!!! I could not imagine getting married anywhere else- this is truly the most magical place on earth. Courtney and Kalee are the most talented wedding planners and are the best in the business- I cannot recommend Farmington Gardens enough!!!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Haley U

We had our wedding here on June 3rd, and it couldn't have been more perfect!! The venue looked breathtaking all decorated, our guests couldn't stop gushing over how much they loved the greenhouse area and the outdoor patio with the firepit. Our guests also can not stop raving... Read More about the food. So many people have told us it is the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Courtney and Kalee were the sweetest and most professional wedding coordinators EVER! Everything went off without a hitch from the time we booked the venue to the day of. I hope I get invited to a wedding here myself so I can enjoy it all over again!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Susan H

We couldn't have been happier with every aspect of our daughter's reception. Kalee's professionalism, organizational skills and enthusiasm for the event made our involvement painless. Kalee's coordinator experience allowed her to bring up details during our meetings that we... Read More wouldn't have thought about. The reception area was spacious and beautifully decorated. The green house, patio with fire pit, and lawn for lawn games provided a multiple of areas for people to enjoy themselves. The food was delicious, from the appetizers to the dessert. Especially the bison. Thank you to Kalee and all the staff in making the reception a huge success. farmingtongardensct.com

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Kristin E

Our wedding was perfect thanks to Kalee and the staff at Farmington Gardens. Kalee was amazing during the planning and was so attentive the day of. The venue itself is gorgeous And our guests raved about the food.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Michael K

Married - July 17, 2016 Ceremony and Reception was at Farmington Gardens. Amazing Service! They had the best staff to aid us in our adventure to get married. Kalee was our organizer and she did above and beyond to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. We had some unique... Read More changes to satisfy our Beauty and the Beast themed wedding and she was able to piece or vision together with our views and plenty of ideas that came from her. If you want a custom wedding with great food and great staff then Farmington Gardens is for you!!! If you have trouble with finding vendors for your wedding Kalee knew very trustworthy vendors who were in our price range and were very reliable!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Isabel K

The Farmington Gardens and their entire staff are phenomenal. I had fallen in love with the venue the moment we toured it, but Kalee truly made my vision a reality. During the entire process she was only an email away, responding so quickly and always being calm and helpful.... Read More Everything was perfect and all my guests were talking about what a wonderful time they had, and that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Kalee and the entire staff went above and beyond all of our expectations to make our day perfect and unforgettable.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Divya K

This was the first place that we visited when looking for wedding venues and knew immediately it was the perfect fit for us. They were so accommodating to all our requests especially since we were having a nontraditional Indian-American wedding. The thing we loved most about the... Read More venue was the privacy and freedom to have the exact type of wedding you want. Since you have the place to yourself, you don't have to worry about seeing other wedding parties there during your own. Their packages are also so customizable and the work very closely with you to make sure everything that you want is prepared and displayed how you like. Kalee, the event coordinator, was such a tremendous help. She is very organized and sweet. She makes sure to meet with the couples every few weeks leading up to the wedding to see what progress they've made in the planning process, she goes over every detail with you which was amazing. She always immediately responded to emails and had an answer for every question that we asked. For someone who had a lot of DIY projects for their wedding, Kalee and her team were very patient and helped put together every idea that I had on that day. The staff was so helpful and friendly with our guests. Although we didn't get to taste the food, our guests said it was amazing especially the desserts which was way more than what we had imagined. Our sweetheart wedding cake was also from the pastry chef at the gardens and it looked and tasted amazing. We only have good things to say about this place and would highly recommend to any couple looking for a wedding venue.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Arielle B

We absolutely loved our wedding at Farmington Gardens. From day one, Kalee was very helpful, organized, and quickly responded to any questions. She really helped make our visions come to life. On our wedding day, Kalee ensured everything ran smoothly, and we didn't have to worry... Read More about the timeline. The food was wonderful, and portions were perfect. The waitstaff was also great, and ensured we had food and drinks during cocktail hour; even trekking to meet us in the field in back. Our guests have also commented on how friendly the bar service was. The atmosphere was a mix of rustic and romantic with a little glitter tossed in, which was perfect for us. We would definitely recommend this venue to future couples.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Alaina V

Farmington Gardens created my fairytale wedding and then some. Working with Kalee was seamless. She was organized, responsive and ensured that all my questions, worries or ideas were completely addressed. This venue was top-notch and for a price that is extremely competitive... Read More with the amazing service you receive. We bargained a little bit, and took off the appetizer and 1 hor d'euovre and were able to shave off a couple dollars per head, which makes a big difference in the numbers for cost. The vibe for this place is fun and relaxing, but yet very sophisticated and just NICE. The food was out of this world. Our guests are still raving about how good the food was. Also the bartenders were so friendly and made any drink we wanted. I would 100% recommend this venue to any bride or groom. You will not be let down! Even the day of, the staff were so attentive and always making sure I had a drink in hand and all was going well.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Shelby J

Loved everything about this place! Kalee was amazing at keeping us organized. The chef was absolutely wonderful! He came out to all the tables during dinner to make sure everyone was happy. So many options from food to decor. Very helpful. The Gardens and green house are... Read More beautiful not to mention the gorgeous chandeliers in the rustic dining room. We wouldn't have changed a thing about our special day! Thank you to the staff at Farmington gardens.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Amanda M

Farmington Gardens went above and beyond any expectations I had! Everyone commented on how beautiful the place was and how everything was just perfect. They did an amazing job and I can not put into words how happy we were with the outcome. The food was AMAZING and people are... Read More still talking about it. They took our wedding vision and made it a reality and I am truly so grateful. We wish we could relive that day over and over again.

Reviewed on 3/19/2016

Don't be deceived by the friendly smiles. The management of the operation is poor. They ran out of food during the dinner portion. They didn't have adequate staffing to serve the event. Although the planners are pleasant, the follow through when it matters most is poor.

Reviewed on 12/29/2015

I have only positive things to say about Farmington Gardens. Our wedding experience was better than we ever could have imagined. They have accommodating and friendly staff, beautiful, unique atmosphere, and delicious food! My guests cannot stop raving about their experience... Read More at our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Jeni C

Truly the best day of our lives! Everything from the food tasting, to the rehearsal dinner to the big day, we could not have asked for a better day. We owe it all to the help of Kalee for her help and wonderful planning. She helped guide us through the whole process and was... Read More readily available the entire time. All of guests are still talking about how amazing the food was at Farmington Gardens! The fire-pit at the end of the night was a huge hit with our guests who loved the end of the night smores snack! The only issue we had was with the bartenders who seemed to be unhappy and in a rush to end the night. Overall, the grounds of Farmington Gardens, the food, and the help of Kalee made for a night we will never forget. If you are looking for a private venue that will cater to your needs and if you want the best food around, we highly suggest checking out Farmington Gardens!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Abigail H

If your are looking for country elegance this is it! Gorgeous grounds spring -fall that are perfectly kept with seasonal flowers. Indoor cocktail room with globes on glass ceiling which guests will rave about during evening weddings. Amazing reception room with wooden ceilings,... Read More updated elegant bathrooms and cute bridal suite for privacy if needed. The chief works there full time and her food is outstanding, did not get a single complaint from any guest. Kalee the wedding coordinator is amazing, will accommodate you in every way possible, be easily accessible by email and phone and be your savor on wedding day! I can't give this venue enough credit. My husband and I stumbled upon it via Internet and went with our gut, best decision we made! After the wedding we were told by many guests it's the best one they have ever been too! On top of it the local florist works with the venue often and power stations DJ designed the stereo system there so it works out perfectly. I highly recommend this venue if your looking for an elegant, country wedding with gorgeous locations for photography and amazing food!