A Fresh Wedding Experience

Fat Cat Flowers promotes a modern aesthetic, personal attention, and a passion for the natural sophistication of flowers and plants. A boutique florist, we offer discerning clients inventive living works of art. Our specialty is masterfully planning and executing your most imaginative wedding vision

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Pedestals, Vases, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

3914 Howard Ave, New Orleans, LA

Best Florist Ever!

Reviewed on 4/22/2014 Lauren C

I can't say enough good things about Fat Cat Flowers and Diane. Right from the beginning Diane was as sweet as can be, and understood exactly what I wanted - which I'm sure I didn't articulate well! The weeks leading up to the wedding, Diane stayed in close touch with me,... Read More letting me know they were good on their side and if there was anything different or that I was concerned with I was more than welcome to let her know. The morning of the wedding my mother called her to ask for 2 additional boutonnieres and she made that happen so seamlessly! When she delivered the flowers to the hotel room I couldn't get over how perfect and beautiful they were! They were exactly what I wanted! The arrangements at our reception were just stunning, so fragrant and people just loved them! I highly recommend Fat Cat Flowers to any bride, and I plan to use her again in the future for other events!

2014-06-25T17:04:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I had great fun working on the wedding, and do what I can to make it stress free for you. I thought everything was beautiful as well, it was fun! I am delighted to have been a part of your big day.

Beautiful flowers

Reviewed on 2/07/2014 Natalie B

Diane and her team at Fat Cat flowers provided us with beautiful flowers at 3 different locations on our wedding day. They were professional, had great ideas, and created beautiful bouquets and arrangements. They had everything as expected, on time to each location including... Read More hotel, church, and reception venue. They provided us with a professional spreadsheet that outlined the costs which was extremely helpful. I would highly recommend Fat Cat Flowers to anyone.

Best Decision We Made!

Reviewed on 1/12/2014 Jackie R

Diane was the best decision we made for our destination wedding in New Orleans! She is so experienced and knew how to help us with so many things that weren't even flower related! It wasn't until I met her that I felt 100% comfortable with our decisions! She even came to our... Read More suite personally to check in with me and deliver our flowers. Her presence is just calming itself so you feel at ease with her service! She went above and beyond to even put batteries in our lantern candles for the ceremony without charging extra! The floral arrangements were beautiful and very large! I was incredibly surprised by her fees as we definitely received way more than we paid for! You will be very happy with her service and talent!

Fantastic for my budget

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Robin S

Diane at Fat Cat was an amazing vendor to work with. She was super responsive over email and was very open to work with my small budget. I had a few encounters with different florists that wouldn't do weddings under a certain amount and they were very snobby. Diane treated... Read More me in such a lovely way instead of scoffing at the amount I wanted to spend.

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Courtney C

I was a destination bride that had my wedding in New Orleans last year. My planning process was quite lengthy as I had about a little over 2 years from the engagement to the wedding. I initially picked Diane because she's incredibly responsive, organized and gave me a very good... Read More price for what I said I was looking for - I was very specific in showing the exact colors and flowers I wanted. Unfortunately on the day of the wedding and still today in looking at the pictures, I'm very disappointed in the product I received as I expected so much more. I had discussed with Diane that my color palette was lavender, peach and pink that should carry throughout my entire wedding - not what I received. My bouquet and my girls' bouquets were what we discussed in terms of the flower type and mostly in line with the palette - she used lavender, pink and orange - the orange was much brighter than I wanted but I still liked the arrangements. The wedding and ceremony and reception flowers though were totally off. The centerpiece and arrangements for the ceremony looked nothing like the bouquets my girls and I carried- totally different flowers and color palette - used fuschia pink, dark purple and a lot of white with no peach color. I had sent her an image of candles that lined the aisle that were clustered in 3 that had varying candle heights - one that fully filled the case, one that halfway filled, etc. What I got were these stubby little burnt down candles that had varying heights that had been used. The worst were the flowers for my escort cards. I asked for hydrangeas that in varying colors of pink and white - wanted to do an ombré effect and have white fade to darker pink. She gave me half white and half dark pink flowers. They weren't lush at all but looked wilted and totally didn't give me the effect I was looking for. Overall again, very disappointed at the outcome of what I received and wish she would've been more forthcoming if she couldn't achieve the vision I was looking for based on my budget.

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 Ankit V

Diane and Ally are phenomenal! After meeting with Diane for the first time and explaining my vision for the wedding, i felt so relieved. I knew I was in good hands. She is very creative and asks just the right questions to understand exactly what you are looking for in your... Read More wedding flowers. She is very patient and listens to what you want. When i walked down the aisle the day of my wedding, I was in awe on how everything turned out. It really looked like a fairy tale. I highly recommend Fat Cat Flowers. Thank you for delivering a beautiful final product!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Sarah M

Diane at Fat Cat Flowers was great to work with, and all of the flowers turned out great! We had a small wedding on a Sunday. I talked to a few florists, and she was the only one willing to do calla lilies in my budget. And one of few florists I found willing to do Sunday... Read More weddings. We had our wedding at City Park who Fat Cat works with regularly, so everything was easy. Flowers were delivered on time and were beautiful! Diane was always responsive to email which was key when planning a wedding out of town!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Caity R

Amazing!! Beautiful flowers! Our experience with Diane and Fat Cat Flowers was amazing!! Diane is just the sweetest person ever and so laid back and confident, it really makes the whole experience of ordering flowers great. She knew exactly what I was talking about from our... Read More initial meeting and made my summer wedding flowers absolutely beautiful. She is an artist and has impeccable customer service. Our outdoor wedding in Jackson Square in JULY was made even more perfect by the gorgeous bright summer flowers. All of the orange just made me so happy :) If you want top notch flowers and wonderful customer service, go with Diane at Fat Cat Flowers, you will be so relieved you did. I never once worried about my flowers, and I was not disappointed. She is simply the best.

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Stefanie U

Diane was such a pleasure to work with. She made all of our floral needs come true. Because we were planning out of state she took the time to really understand what we wanted and was flexible to all of our floral needs. We highly recommend her and her company.

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 kasey t

I couldnt have even dreamed of better bouquets and arrangements for my wedding. We went to diane with our heads spinning after our first florist wasnt getting back to us in a timely manner. She delivered the pretties flowers and my boutounieres were amazing as well. I would... Read More recommend her to everyone!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Shanti H

I'm not a bride who knows much about flowers and I had no clue about what I wanted my flowers to look like. Enter Diane with Fat Cat. She was so great at working with me to figure out what palette and flower type would work with my wedding colors, pinterest board and budget. She... Read More really made it a stress free decision for me and when I saw the arrangements on the wedding day, I was stunned. I had a pretty low budget but what Diane created looked stunning and expensive. She even created beautiful floating flower arrangements with lanterns for the pool--everyone raved about them. I really recommend her especially if you want a florist who will listen and then create something beautiful and if you are a bride like me who is clueless about plants!

Amazing

Reviewed on 7/03/2015 Jessica H

My flowers were beautiful!! Worth every penny. Very friendly people and on time. Also, I wanted a lit aisle and they provided everything for me so it was very stress free!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015

I can't say enough good things about Diane from FatCat Flowers. They were on the vendor list for Latrobes, which is where we had our wedding. She was so great to communicate with. She replied quickly and arranged phone meetings, as we don't live in New Orleans. She asked the... Read More perfect questions to be sure she understood what I wanted, which a lot of the time I don't think I totally knew what I wanted. haha! I think she sensed that and gave me the perfect suggestions without telling me what I should or shouldn't do. The most challenging decision was what should I do with the chuppah. There were sooo many options! Ahhh! Diane took our conversations and my pinterest and created the most perfect, romantic and magical chuppah. Actually the entire ceremony room, entry, and reception was magical!! Diane is an artist!! My bouquet was out of control beautiful! She really has a talent for taking what you want and creating something breathtaking! There are no words to describe how grateful I am that I went with FatCat Flowers. Diane gave me a magical wedding. I was blown away at what she did, as were my guests. It has been over a month since the wedding and guests are still talking about how beautiful it was. She placed all the candles in the perfect places and created atmosphere that I could not have visualized. The only minor hiccup was that the corsage for my grandma was forgotten, but by the time we got to the venue she brought it there so it was no big thang at all. Diane was always calm and kind. If you want a magical wedding, go with Diane at FatCat Flowers.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 4/30/2015

We live in New York and had a destination wedding in New Orleans. I ended up choosing fat cat flowers based on reviews. Diane was amazing from the start. She put all my worries about not being able to see the flowers before hand at ease. She was super helpful and down to earth.... Read More The day of the ceremony I was blown away when I saw the arraignments on the courtyard fountain and flower petals down the aisle. The bouquets were amazing as well! I couldn't have imagined anything more perfect. Thanks to fat cat flowers for making our wedding day beautiful!!

Dianne makes your vision come true!

Reviewed on 4/23/2015 Monica M

Fat Cat impressed my Mom and I from the moment we met Dianne! She relieves so much stress by going over in detail everything you need and making sure we got everything covered! Our flowers were simply gorgeous and exactly what I imagined them to be! She was so great to work with... Read More and very reasonably priced!

LOVE Diane

Reviewed on 2/05/2015 sophie g

I used Diane for my flowers and she was a pleasure to work with. She immediately knew what I wanted and did a wonderful job. The only reason I went with 4 stars instead of 5 is because she sort of added a lot of yellow flowers in my mix when I mostly wanted white and red. They... Read More still looked amazing though.

Fat Cat Wedding Flowers

Reviewed on 12/31/2014 Adrian M

(Bride writing under her husband's account) We used Fat Cat Flowers in September of this year. From the start, I loved Fat Cat. I initially chose them based on their website. They use photos from their real weddings and events instead of only sharing stock photos of ugly... Read More flower arrangements. With these photos, I could tell they could do anything from simple flowers, to exotic. I wanted a more low-key flower look, and was afraid that florists wouldn't want to do this. I was especially nervous because I was an out of town bride. But after sending Marilyn photos of what I wanted and talking with her on the phone twice, I was confident I would get what I envisioned. From the bouquets to the centerpieces, everything was perfect. The only hitch was that I ordered 10 flowers for the hair and only received 3 pieces. It wasn't a deal breaker by any means. I would definitely recommend them for any wedding. Did I mention that the flowers were beautiful PLUS reasonably priced?!

OK but with mistakes

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Rachael K

Fat Cat's owner Diane was incredibly nice, organized and helpful. The delivery and pick up for both the rehearsal and wedding were great. She used the right color flowers we had discussed but used the wrong flowers themselves. I was really disappointed to see that flowers we... Read More had never discussed (large bright pink lilies which look cheap in my opinion) were used throughout my wedding arrangements and my chuppah (for Jewish ceremony). We had discussed using peonies, hydrangea, calla lilies and roses... but everything was mixed in with these big grocery store looking pink lilies I definitely do not like. And there were no peonies in sight. Also I sent her a picture of what I wanted for my chuppah and what was ultimately done looked NOTHING like the one I had asked for. I actually was really really disappointed in the chuppah but by the time I saw it only 30 min before the ceremony and during our pictures there was nothing really to do about it. In hindsight I wish I had done a follow up meeting with her and a full review of everything prior to the event - rather than just emailing with her about the numbers and dropping off a check.

2014-12-29T12:53:57 Response from the vendor

There is nothing more heartbreaking than to hear that the bride did not love the flowers. I am so sorry! I do think part of this was miscommunication, although we had peonies on the love list, they were not included because of budget constraints. My... Read Less Read More

PERFECTION

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Megan W

Diane made my vision come to life. I was a destination wedding and couldn't meet face to face with any vendors. I sent her what I liked on pinterest and she perfected everything. Diane used the lace from my Mom's wedding dress as the handle covering (not sure the correct word)... Read More to my bouquet. It was gorgeous. The flowers were stunning. We used all black magic roses and WOW. It did break my heart leaving all of those beautiful flowers in NOLA the following day.

Fantastic Custom Service for an out of town bride

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Mariella C

Diane did a wonderful job with my wedding. The babies breath wreath she did for the fountain in my courtyard stayed up there almost a week following the wedding because it was so beautiful and well made. The arch she created was the perfect blend of colors I wanted, and she... Read More incorporated into it some paper crafts I made myself that made it look all seamless and beautiful. The personal flowers were beautiful, and the centerpieces of floating flowers were amazing and exactly what I wanted. Book her early because she is the best in NOLA!

Fat Cat Creativity

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Christy Chapin E

Diane and team at Fat Cat showed incredible creativity and brought my vision to life - and even better than I imagined. She was wonderful to work with throughout the entire planning process. All the flowers had a thread of continuity, which Diane ran through all the design... Read More because I didn't want anything to look the same. It was beautiful and they did an incredible job. We are so happy to have worked with Fat Cat Flowers and Diane!

2014-10-20T07:46:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I am so glad you were pleased! I work hard to make the process easy on the bride from beginning to end and I am so happy you were pleased with the outcome. Best Wishes, Diane

Great, Personal Service

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Lauren

Diane was wonderful. She took my ideas and turned them into beautiful bouquets. I wasn't even sure what my accent colors were going to be, but her creativity and vision produced beautiful products! She was wonderful to work with, sweet as can be. She even provided several... Read More options for flowers to put in my hair at the last minute! She delivered everything herself the day of the wedding, and everything was perfect. The corsages and boutonnieres were all labeled and ready to go. She wrapped my rosary around my bouquet while she was there. I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Diane

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Jana R

I would 100% recommend Fat Cat Flowers any day! She worked wonders for my wedding! I am a bit of a control freak so I was extremely worried about some of my vendors. Fat Cat was not one that I ever had to worry about! She worked some serious magic with my budget and my flowers... Read More were better than I could have ever dreamed! Diane is an amazing artist when it comes to arranging flowers.

2014-06-25T17:01:51 Response from the vendor

You are so sweet - an not a control freak! It was a pleasure to work with you, and I am so glad you were pleased. I am so happy to have been a part of your wedding day. Congratulations!

Beautiful Flowers

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Kristen J

Diane and her team are awesome. I provided an inspiration photo, and she put together gorgeous arrangements and bouquets all within my budget. She outlines every detail during the beginning stages, and does not forget a thing! Diane delivered the flowers personally to my... Read More hotel room along with the church and reception venue. When she says that she will call you before you will think to call her, she means it. There didn’t need to be a confirmation call, because she did it for me. I would highly recommend Fat Cat Flowers to anyone.

2014-06-25T17:00:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was truly a pleasure to work with you, you are a nola saint! I do what I can to make at least the flowers stress free. Congratulations, and thank you for trusting me with your wedding flowers.

Bride

Reviewed on 5/26/2014 Kelly M

Diane was so easy to work with! I didn't know too much about flowers and she gave me plenty of ideas and arrangements to choose from. I was so pleased with my bouquets and all of our arrangements!

2014-06-25T17:02:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I am so glad you were pleased.