A Fresh Wedding Experience

Fat Cat Flowers promotes a modern aesthetic, personal attention, and a passion for the natural sophistication of flowers and plants. A boutique florist, we offer discerning clients inventive living works of art. Our specialty is masterfully planning and executing your most imaginative wedding vision

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Pedestals, Vases, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

3914 Howard Ave, New Orleans, LA (504) 486-8580

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Stephanie H

Diane was the absolute best to work with. She understood our budget and made magic happen! The bouquets were beyond wonderful and full of the perfect colors, styles, and smells! We couldn't have asked for a better backdrop of flowers on our archway - the pictures are amazing... Read More because of them! She was in and out without any issues. Truly a flower ninja! The quality, price, & professionalism made this the best choice for us. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Kristin G

I have no knowledge of flowers and when I had to pick flowers for my wedding in February I was terrified. I found two pictures of flowers on line of wedding flowers I liked and I walked in to my initial visit with nothing else but this idea. Fat cat was able to recreate it... Read More perfectly. They made the floral and aisle decoration planning so easy. They also advised on what size arrangements should go on which table. I couldn't be happier with the way my flowers turned out. They were perfect.

2017-04-15T09:38:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I am so glad that you were pleased, it was my pleasure to be a part of your special day.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Kelly P

Diane is absolutely amazing!! The bouquets she put together for our wedding were beautiful! Unlike other vendors we met with, she took the time to provide a quote (including setup and take down) that was within our budget and still gave us all of the elements we wanted. We would... Read More highly recommend Diane and her team - they were awesome!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Alice H

Fat Cat Flowers provided the flowers for my New Orleans wedding on November 18,2017. They were very professional and made it very easy to work with. In addition, Diane is very organized,experienced, prompt, and has a good grasp on what the client's vision is for the wedding.... Read More When hiring any vendors for your wedding, it is best to choose people that are reputable because you will have less to stress. Shop no further! She is an amazing florist and will not disappoint.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 hannah a

Diane is such a pleasure to work with! My flowers were beautiful and I got many compliments on them. I showed Diane one picture and she took it from there. She made it very easy for us! I also needed our flowers after the wedding to be put into pottery. She made sure that we... Read More had enough vases, etc. to have all of the flowers in water post reception. Very helpful!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Donna B

Wow - Fat Cat Florist did it again! This is my second wedding with Fat Cat ,(Diane). The first wedding took my breath away when I saw all the flowers. Needless to say we wanted Fat Cat to handle our second wedding. Diane is so easy to work with in regards to meeting the desires... Read More of the bride and the parents. She is not over priced and her arrangements are over the top. I highly recommend Fat Cat if you want large beautiful arrangements that will not break your bank account. The church pews were elegantly done and all the bouquets were done beautifully. It is an understatement to say that they did a beautiful job. Thank you Diane, we have no regrets here!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Rebecca H

I wish that reviewers could post pictures because my flowers were absolutely STUNNING. I'm not super into flowers, because I have awful allergies, so in our meetings with Diane I just kind of gave her a "feel" or "vibe" that we were going for. I wasn't super restrictive on the... Read More types of flowers that I wanted, as long as they fit; Diane had free creative liberty. I was NOT disappointed. I still can't believe how beautiful they were. I need to stress that I really am not remotely into flowers at all, and I was captivated by them all night. My ONLY grievance is that the small corsages that I ordered for the readers/gift bearers/family were way smaller than anticipated. It's possible that the single flower was all my budget would afford, but I wish I could have known that ahead of time. They just seemed disappointing compared to the rest of the bouquets. All in all, though, I was thrilled with our flower arrangements.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Shelly M

From the moment I contacted Diane at Fat Cats, she was extremely friendly and eager to work with me to meet my floral desires for my wedding. We exchanged a few phone calls and a few pinterest pins. I felt confident that she would deliver what I was hoping for. On the day of... Read More the wedding when I met Diane in person and she delivered the flowers I was awestruck. She exceeded my expectations and my bridal bouquet and bridesmaid bouquets were absolutely amazing. I got so many compliments on the bouquets and all the table decorations. She knocked it out of the park!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Chelsea D

Diane was FANTASTIC! I had a destination wedding and she was so helpful along the way. we changed my entire wedding from an outdoor venue to indoor last minute due to a hurricane and y flowers were stunning!. I was so glad she had a vendor recommendations list on her website.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Julia K

Diane was absolutely wonderful to work with! She is super creative even though she comes from a corporate background, her attention to detail and organizational skills were much appreciated as I was planning a destination wedding and most of our communications were over email.... Read More She was great about staying within our budget and did not try to upsell too much, which other florists I was in touch with did a bit too much of. I was able to meet her in person just once 10 weeks before the wedding to finalize the colors and flower choices. The arrangements turned out to be exactly what I was envisioning - soft and romantic. Absolutely loved working with Diane and her team and it played a huge role in our perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Chappell W

Diane at Fat Cat Flowers is a creative genius! I wanted color and creativity and she delivered in spades! We met with her and described what we were looking for and could not have asked for a better experience. My fiancé got out of the car, saw the flower design on the front... Read More of the building and said to me, “We have the right people on the job!” During our meeting, Diane had a variety of beautiful full color photos, example vases and an added plus of having experience with our wedding venue - which helped as we added flowers to our cake last minute. Diane's creativity and style are second to none! Her artistry and ability to fulfill your vision into a real life thing is mind-blowing. I loved my flowers so much, I did NOT throw my bouquet...it was way too pretty to give away!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Sam L

I was referred to Diane by my venue, Broussards AND my wedding planner. I narrowed my options down to visiting 3 florists. My visit with Diane left no doubt that her experience, taste, sincere desire to create exactly what we individually would love and personality was exactly... Read More what we hoped for. We soon learned that it would be even more than we could have dreamed of. Diane was both excited and patient with my evolving inspiration and table floor plan. We had a great dialogue and not only created the flower bouquets, boutineers, and flower arrangements of my fantasy - but also my "dripping with candles" ambience I loved. Her collection of candles was unmatched and left us with many options. At her convenient warehouse, together with Diane's support, my husband I were able to, customize our candle arrangement (she LITERALLY has every candle type you can imagine so we were able to get the exact look and feeling we wanted!). Whether you are looking for gorgeous flowers or candles (or, in our case, both), I promise Diane will blow any expectations away. I truly can't say enough thank you's to Fat Cat Flowers for being such a gracious and talented partner <3

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Christina S

Diane is amazing!!!! We met with several florists in the city and after meeting with Diane we knew she was the one! :) She really understood what I was looking for and was able to work with us within our budget. She is extremely professional and such a lovely person! All of the... Read More flowers for the wedding were absolutely gorgeous and everything was exactly as I hoped and more!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Emily E

Diane was a joy to work with!! I was a clueless bride; Diane provided expert advice with impeccable taste! Thank you for bringing beauty to our special day!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Nathan H

I will start off by saying that I am not a "florally" person- but after speaking with Diane at Fat Cat Flowers, I had absolutely no worries that she would do a fantastic job! And she exceeded all expectations! My husband and I were married 2 weeks ago and all I wanted were fun,... Read More vibrant flowers that added that special pop of color to my venue (not overshadowed it) and Diane delivered just that. They were stunning and perfect! I received so many compliments on all the floral arrangements, especially my bouquet- it was a classic, yet bohemian style, calla lilly arrangement that was exquisite. I saved my bouquet along with some of the other flowers and am going to preserve them, so I always have a part of that special day. I can not stress enough how amazing Diane and the Fat Cat flowers team are! Thank you so much for everything!

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Kristin B

The best florist ever!! I wanted tulips, anemones, and muscari flowers in a cascading bouquet. It was a very different type of bouquet but they were able to take a picture and make it into reality. The best customer service ever!!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Alexis M

Diane and Fat Cat Flowers gave me the beautiful flowers I had envisioned, but a lot of florists can do that, right? On top of that, which makes them so special, Diane and Tom were lovely to deal with, spectacularly well organized, and made the process with them totally stress... Read More free.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Kristen G

I used Fat Cat Flowers for my wedding last Friday. Diane was brilliant. We are from out of town so all of our communication was by phone and email. Diane not only got the vision, she went above and beyond the vision. Not only were our flowers stunning, she also set up candles... Read More and lanterns for our ceremony. It made the space complete and everyone lost their mind over it. Fat Cat couldn't of done any better and I can't recommend them enough

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Jocelyn L

Beautiful flowers!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Christopher S

Diane and her team were incredible and the tow of us could not be more happy with how she decorated our wedding. Its odd to ask a florist not to use too many flowers but Diane understood exactly what we were trying to do! Her vision was directly in the line with the vision my... Read More husband and I had together. She was approachable, willing to adapt, and quick to response. She is reasonable in price and worth every penny. Thank you again Diane! -Chris and Matt

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Ashley G

I had a great time working with Diane and Fat Cat Flowers. She not only was good with pricing, but she was knowledgeable and kind and great with her conference calls. As a destination bride, I felt like she had done a great job of making me feel at ease. She listened to... Read More everything I said about our arch, the colors, the flowers I wanted and my vision in general. I didn't feel like she was pushy at all, and instead was realistic and very considerate. I think she did a great job of sticking to and acknowledging my budget and in the end when the flowers arrived to the hotel as we were getting ready I had a huge smile on my face as I thought they were incredibly beautiful. The flower girl basket was silly enough, probaby one of my favorite things. My little flower girl was so proud of it! Great vendor!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Jennifer S

So Beautiful! I contacted Diane at Fat Cat flowers with less than a month to the wedding. I sent a budget and pictures of what I envisioned, and Diane totally came through for us! The place looked stunning, with garlands, ferns and flowers over the ceremony gazebo, giant... Read More antique urns on the porches, and beautiful gardenias on all the tables. I highly recommend Fat Cat Flowers. Especially if you don't want to stress out about details. Let them do it for you!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Kelly T

Stop what you are doing and try to book Diane at Fat Cat for your wedding! She created the dreamiest whimsical lovely arrangements and bouquets I could've wanted. I had an odd vision (for brass musical instruments in the centerpieces) and she totally gelled with what I was... Read More asking for. She was business like and responsive, and always sent an updated contract when changes were made. She did what she said she would when she said she would.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016

Diane was great, she had our flowers delivered on time and they looked fabulous. I was a little concerned that the flowers looked muted, but when I look back on the photos this is definitely not the case. She listened to my needs and delivered. I would recommend using Fat Cat

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Jamie M

My flowers were GORGEOUS!!! Diane was super easy to work with- I went back and forth a little in the beginning trying to figure out what I wanted. She would bounce ideas around with me and give me recommendations based on the colors I wanted. Everything came out wonderful! When... Read More she delivered my flowers, I teared up! She even had some extra flowers left over and made me a beautiful arrangement! I could not be happier about the flowers! Absolutely recommend!!!