A Fresh Wedding Experience

Fat Cat Flowers promotes a modern aesthetic, personal attention, and a passion for the natural sophistication of flowers and plants. A boutique florist, we offer discerning clients inventive living works of art. Our specialty is masterfully planning and executing your most imaginative wedding vision

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Pedestals, Vases, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

3914 Howard Ave, New Orleans, LA (504) 486-8580

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Stephanie H

Diane was the absolute best to work with. She understood our budget and made magic happen! The bouquets were beyond wonderful and full of the perfect colors, styles, and smells! We couldn't have asked for a better backdrop of flowers on our archway - the pictures are amazing... Read More because of them! She was in and out without any issues. Truly a flower ninja! The quality, price, & professionalism made this the best choice for us. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Kristin G

I have no knowledge of flowers and when I had to pick flowers for my wedding in February I was terrified. I found two pictures of flowers on line of wedding flowers I liked and I walked in to my initial visit with nothing else but this idea. Fat cat was able to recreate it... Read More perfectly. They made the floral and aisle decoration planning so easy. They also advised on what size arrangements should go on which table. I couldn't be happier with the way my flowers turned out. They were perfect.

2017-04-15T09:38:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I am so glad that you were pleased, it was my pleasure to be a part of your special day.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Kelly P

Diane is absolutely amazing!! The bouquets she put together for our wedding were beautiful! Unlike other vendors we met with, she took the time to provide a quote (including setup and take down) that was within our budget and still gave us all of the elements we wanted. We would... Read More highly recommend Diane and her team - they were awesome!

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Kristin B

The best florist ever!! I wanted tulips, anemones, and muscari flowers in a cascading bouquet. It was a very different type of bouquet but they were able to take a picture and make it into reality. The best customer service ever!!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Alexis M

Diane and Fat Cat Flowers gave me the beautiful flowers I had envisioned, but a lot of florists can do that, right? On top of that, which makes them so special, Diane and Tom were lovely to deal with, spectacularly well organized, and made the process with them totally stress... Read More free.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Kristen G

I used Fat Cat Flowers for my wedding last Friday. Diane was brilliant. We are from out of town so all of our communication was by phone and email. Diane not only got the vision, she went above and beyond the vision. Not only were our flowers stunning, she also set up candles... Read More and lanterns for our ceremony. It made the space complete and everyone lost their mind over it. Fat Cat couldn't of done any better and I can't recommend them enough

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Jocelyn L

Beautiful flowers!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Christopher S

Diane and her team were incredible and the tow of us could not be more happy with how she decorated our wedding. Its odd to ask a florist not to use too many flowers but Diane understood exactly what we were trying to do! Her vision was directly in the line with the vision my... Read More husband and I had together. She was approachable, willing to adapt, and quick to response. She is reasonable in price and worth every penny. Thank you again Diane! -Chris and Matt

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Ashley G

I had a great time working with Diane and Fat Cat Flowers. She not only was good with pricing, but she was knowledgeable and kind and great with her conference calls. As a destination bride, I felt like she had done a great job of making me feel at ease. She listened to... Read More everything I said about our arch, the colors, the flowers I wanted and my vision in general. I didn't feel like she was pushy at all, and instead was realistic and very considerate. I think she did a great job of sticking to and acknowledging my budget and in the end when the flowers arrived to the hotel as we were getting ready I had a huge smile on my face as I thought they were incredibly beautiful. The flower girl basket was silly enough, probaby one of my favorite things. My little flower girl was so proud of it! Great vendor!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Jennifer S

So Beautiful! I contacted Diane at Fat Cat flowers with less than a month to the wedding. I sent a budget and pictures of what I envisioned, and Diane totally came through for us! The place looked stunning, with garlands, ferns and flowers over the ceremony gazebo, giant... Read More antique urns on the porches, and beautiful gardenias on all the tables. I highly recommend Fat Cat Flowers. Especially if you don't want to stress out about details. Let them do it for you!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Kelly T

Stop what you are doing and try to book Diane at Fat Cat for your wedding! She created the dreamiest whimsical lovely arrangements and bouquets I could've wanted. I had an odd vision (for brass musical instruments in the centerpieces) and she totally gelled with what I was... Read More asking for. She was business like and responsive, and always sent an updated contract when changes were made. She did what she said she would when she said she would.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016

Diane was great, she had our flowers delivered on time and they looked fabulous. I was a little concerned that the flowers looked muted, but when I look back on the photos this is definitely not the case. She listened to my needs and delivered. I would recommend using Fat Cat

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Jamie M

My flowers were GORGEOUS!!! Diane was super easy to work with- I went back and forth a little in the beginning trying to figure out what I wanted. She would bounce ideas around with me and give me recommendations based on the colors I wanted. Everything came out wonderful! When... Read More she delivered my flowers, I teared up! She even had some extra flowers left over and made me a beautiful arrangement! I could not be happier about the flowers! Absolutely recommend!!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Marie P

Diane from Fat Cat Flowers is amazing!!! I can not say enough good things about the work she did. All of the flowers were beautiful. She even decorated an arch for our ceremony which really made everything look amazing! She had great ideas. I just pinned a couple of photos... Read More and she was able to create what I had envisioned. Thank you Diane for your time and talent.

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Kate G

Diane was so great from the very first meeting when she let our dog come in the shop to play with her pup! She was detailed and organized and asked all the right questions. She coordinated wonderfully with our bakery to dress the cake as well. She even personally delivered... Read More the bouquets to our hotel day of. The flowers turned out absolutely beautiful and were exactly what I had hoped. I highly recommend Fat Cat!!!

Fantastic for my budget

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Robin S

Diane at Fat Cat was an amazing vendor to work with. She was super responsive over email and was very open to work with my small budget. I had a few encounters with different florists that wouldn't do weddings under a certain amount and they were very snobby. Diane treated... Read More me in such a lovely way instead of scoffing at the amount I wanted to spend.

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Courtney C

I was a destination bride that had my wedding in New Orleans last year. My planning process was quite lengthy as I had about a little over 2 years from the engagement to the wedding. I initially picked Diane because she's incredibly responsive, organized and gave me a very good... Read More price for what I said I was looking for - I was very specific in showing the exact colors and flowers I wanted. Unfortunately on the day of the wedding and still today in looking at the pictures, I'm very disappointed in the product I received as I expected so much more. I had discussed with Diane that my color palette was lavender, peach and pink that should carry throughout my entire wedding - not what I received. My bouquet and my girls' bouquets were what we discussed in terms of the flower type and mostly in line with the palette - she used lavender, pink and orange - the orange was much brighter than I wanted but I still liked the arrangements. The wedding and ceremony and reception flowers though were totally off. The centerpiece and arrangements for the ceremony looked nothing like the bouquets my girls and I carried- totally different flowers and color palette - used fuschia pink, dark purple and a lot of white with no peach color. I had sent her an image of candles that lined the aisle that were clustered in 3 that had varying candle heights - one that fully filled the case, one that halfway filled, etc. What I got were these stubby little burnt down candles that had varying heights that had been used. The worst were the flowers for my escort cards. I asked for hydrangeas that in varying colors of pink and white - wanted to do an ombré effect and have white fade to darker pink. She gave me half white and half dark pink flowers. They weren't lush at all but looked wilted and totally didn't give me the effect I was looking for. Overall again, very disappointed at the outcome of what I received and wish she would've been more forthcoming if she couldn't achieve the vision I was looking for based on my budget.

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 Ankit V

Diane and Ally are phenomenal! After meeting with Diane for the first time and explaining my vision for the wedding, i felt so relieved. I knew I was in good hands. She is very creative and asks just the right questions to understand exactly what you are looking for in your... Read More wedding flowers. She is very patient and listens to what you want. When i walked down the aisle the day of my wedding, I was in awe on how everything turned out. It really looked like a fairy tale. I highly recommend Fat Cat Flowers. Thank you for delivering a beautiful final product!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Sarah M

Diane at Fat Cat Flowers was great to work with, and all of the flowers turned out great! We had a small wedding on a Sunday. I talked to a few florists, and she was the only one willing to do calla lilies in my budget. And one of few florists I found willing to do Sunday... Read More weddings. We had our wedding at City Park who Fat Cat works with regularly, so everything was easy. Flowers were delivered on time and were beautiful! Diane was always responsive to email which was key when planning a wedding out of town!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Caity R

Amazing!! Beautiful flowers! Our experience with Diane and Fat Cat Flowers was amazing!! Diane is just the sweetest person ever and so laid back and confident, it really makes the whole experience of ordering flowers great. She knew exactly what I was talking about from our... Read More initial meeting and made my summer wedding flowers absolutely beautiful. She is an artist and has impeccable customer service. Our outdoor wedding in Jackson Square in JULY was made even more perfect by the gorgeous bright summer flowers. All of the orange just made me so happy :) If you want top notch flowers and wonderful customer service, go with Diane at Fat Cat Flowers, you will be so relieved you did. I never once worried about my flowers, and I was not disappointed. She is simply the best.

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Stefanie U

Diane was such a pleasure to work with. She made all of our floral needs come true. Because we were planning out of state she took the time to really understand what we wanted and was flexible to all of our floral needs. We highly recommend her and her company.

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 kasey t

I couldnt have even dreamed of better bouquets and arrangements for my wedding. We went to diane with our heads spinning after our first florist wasnt getting back to us in a timely manner. She delivered the pretties flowers and my boutounieres were amazing as well. I would... Read More recommend her to everyone!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Shanti H

I'm not a bride who knows much about flowers and I had no clue about what I wanted my flowers to look like. Enter Diane with Fat Cat. She was so great at working with me to figure out what palette and flower type would work with my wedding colors, pinterest board and budget. She... Read More really made it a stress free decision for me and when I saw the arrangements on the wedding day, I was stunned. I had a pretty low budget but what Diane created looked stunning and expensive. She even created beautiful floating flower arrangements with lanterns for the pool--everyone raved about them. I really recommend her especially if you want a florist who will listen and then create something beautiful and if you are a bride like me who is clueless about plants!

Amazing

Reviewed on 7/03/2015 Jessica H

My flowers were beautiful!! Worth every penny. Very friendly people and on time. Also, I wanted a lit aisle and they provided everything for me so it was very stress free!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015

I can't say enough good things about Diane from FatCat Flowers. They were on the vendor list for Latrobes, which is where we had our wedding. She was so great to communicate with. She replied quickly and arranged phone meetings, as we don't live in New Orleans. She asked the... Read More perfect questions to be sure she understood what I wanted, which a lot of the time I don't think I totally knew what I wanted. haha! I think she sensed that and gave me the perfect suggestions without telling me what I should or shouldn't do. The most challenging decision was what should I do with the chuppah. There were sooo many options! Ahhh! Diane took our conversations and my pinterest and created the most perfect, romantic and magical chuppah. Actually the entire ceremony room, entry, and reception was magical!! Diane is an artist!! My bouquet was out of control beautiful! She really has a talent for taking what you want and creating something breathtaking! There are no words to describe how grateful I am that I went with FatCat Flowers. Diane gave me a magical wedding. I was blown away at what she did, as were my guests. It has been over a month since the wedding and guests are still talking about how beautiful it was. She placed all the candles in the perfect places and created atmosphere that I could not have visualized. The only minor hiccup was that the corsage for my grandma was forgotten, but by the time we got to the venue she brought it there so it was no big thang at all. Diane was always calm and kind. If you want a magical wedding, go with Diane at FatCat Flowers.