Felthousen's Florist & Greenhouses

Schenectady, NY

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Pedestals, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

1537 Van Antwerp Rd, Schenectady, NY (518) 374-4414

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Mariana D

We are from MA and got married in Schenectady, NY. Felthousen's was very reasonably priced, but not easy to work with remotely. They took several days to weeks to respond to emails, were not open to "meeting" via Skype, and our florist Jennifer's schedule varied so it was hard... Read More to reach her. For our floral arrangement trial they didn't have all the flowers we wanted available so we couldn't see what the final product would look like until the day of our wedding. The boutonnières were too top heavy so they wouldn't stay in place despite 4 pins. Overall I'd say Felthousen's is good for anyone who is local and able to go physically to the store on any given day/time to meet with them and affordable.

2017-12-09T08:22:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the feedback and fair review. I will address the need to keep up with email correspondence with my staff. I am sorry that we had a problem with the bouts, that is unusual. I would like brides to know that we are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Jillian M

We had such a great experience working with Felthousens (specifically Jennifer). At our initial meeting, I showed up with pictures of flowers we liked, and from there Jennifer chose the type of flowers to create beautiful arrangements, bouquets, centerpieces, huppah, etc.... Read More Jennifer listened to what we wanted and was always upfront about the cost of the flowers and decorations. She was very open and let us know ahead of time of a change she had to make to the centerpieces due to a flower not coming in looking great. We appreciated her desire to create the most beautiful arrangements and centerpeices by using the best flowers available. In the end, all bouquets, arrangements, huppah flowers, table centerpieces, etc. were gorgeous!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Kate C

Let me begin my review by saying that I felt like I was the most indecisive bride on the planet when it came to flowers. One day I knew exactly what I wanted, and then the next day I changed my entire vision and started over. That being said, Michaela at Felthousen's Florist... Read More in Niskayuna has the patience of a saint and was so easy to work with. I provided Michaela with a million different photos of bouquets, arrangements and centerpieces and I told her what I liked/disliked about each photo. On my wedding day, I was blown away by how incredibly well everything turned out. She did a phenomenal job, exceeded my expectations, and did it all within our budget. All of the bouquets came out better than I had envisioned, my centerpieces were elegant and my floral arrangements for the ceremony were so pretty! Most of them lasted a while after our wedding – it’s now 2 weeks later and I still have a few flowers hanging on! Felthousen’s truly cares about the impression they leave on their clients/customers. Their passion is apparent in their professionalism, creativity and their overall product. I highly recommend using Felthousen’s for all of your floral needs!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Jessica D

We absolutely LOVED working with Felthousen's. When searching for a vendor we heard nothing but good things about this company...they totally lived up to their name. Working with our florist was always super easy and she totally captured our vision. Great pricing and amazing... Read More floral work!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Rumi C

We are so glad we asked for Felthousen's services. We worked with Jennifer for the whole time and she was amazing. All we needed to do was bring some ideas of color scheme and a couple of pictures we found on their website. From there, Jennifer just helped us find right flowers... Read More and, on the day of the wedding, we were surrounded by beautiful and elegant arrangements that were just what we hoped for. The price was good too. Will definitely go back to them for some special occasion!

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Laura B

Wow, Wow, Wow- Felthousen and his team Killed it for our wedding this past weekend. The arrangements and bouquets were absolutely stunning. He incorporated my Grandmas' brooches in a creative and beautiful way, so I felt like they were right there with me all day. I'm sure a Ton... Read More of planning happened behind the scenes since my Mother-in-law arranged his services- and she's Very thorough. I appreciate his patience with us and his attention to detail. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. My family also loved taking the remaining table arrangements the next morning! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Brittany B

Working with Felthousen's was so easy! My friend had actually used them for her wedding and seeing her experience and flowers I decided to book them for my own wedding! Let me tell you I am so glad I did. We did an initial consult with them well they helped us pick out ideas.... Read More Then we came back a few months later to see a mock up of a centerpiece. This was so great because it allowed us to say no we don't like these flowers. Even though I had seen the mock up on our wedding day I was BLOWN AWAY! The centerpieces were better then I could have ever imagined. I loved them. I would highly recommend Felthousens to anyone in need of flowers

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Elise N

Our wedding flowers were stunning!! We got so many compliments on the bouquets, centerpieces, boutonnieres, etc. I worked with Mark Felthousen throughout the 18 months of planning, and he was wonderful! Mark answered countless emails, walked my mother-in-law through corsage... Read More choices in person, gave my parents a tour of his workshop, and even designed and built sample centerpieces for me a year in advance! I live in California and the wedding was in New York, so it was so important to me to work with someone like Mark. He was efficient, helpful, and we constantly traded emails and photos of flower ideas. Mark and his staff went above and beyond--the flowers looked better than I ever imagined!

Beautiful Flowers

Reviewed on 12/13/2015 Tricia A

We were very happy with ordering our wedding flowers through Felthousens! I worked with Jen and she was great! She was always very responsive to e-mails and phone calls and was open to all of my ideas! I knew NOTHING about flowers and she was able to walk me through everything.... Read More I even changed most of my reception flowers only a few weeks before the wedding and she was able to make it all work and come together beautifully. They were also able to have someone bring everything from the ceremony (separate location) to the reception, which was great to be able to repurpose everything! I would definitely recommend them for any event!

Gorgeous Flowers!

Reviewed on 4/22/2015 Alison C

We are so happy we chose to work with Felthousen's for our wedding! They were very responsive and easy to work with. My bouquet and all of the bridesmaids' bouquets were absolutely gorgeous and exactly what I had envisioned. They also were great about working within my budget... Read More and still giving us beautiful flowers! We ended up filling mason jars and antique milk bottles with hydrangeas and baby's breath and set them on top of vintage books for our centerpieces. They looked beautiful! Day-of they actually arrived early and set up everything how we'd asked for. At the last minute, they were also able to work in the pearls my grandmother used on her wedding day into my bouquet which meant so much to me! If you're looking for gorgeous flowers and a great team, look no further. Thank you!!

winter wedding

Reviewed on 2/05/2015 Kristen J

Felthousen was so easy to work with. They understood my vision and provided beautiful flowers at a GREAT price!

Gorgeous flowers!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Christa S

We had a wonderful experience with Felthousen's for our wedding flowers. After an unfortunate experience with an initial vendor, we contacted Felthousen's and we were relieved to be very warmly received. We came in knowing what we were looking for and we worked with Michaela,... Read More who was great. She helped us create exactly what we wanted and worked with us to stay within our budget. The process was easy and carefree for us and we are very grateful! We allowed our guests to take the flowers home with them after the reception and there were none leftover... It was obvious that our guests loved the arrangements as much as we did!

Amazing flowers!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2014 Stefanie R

We absolutely loved our wedding flowers!! Jess was so easy to work with, always updated us and asked questions about what we wanted. The flowers were very reasonably priced for the amount we got. Jess worked very hard to match the vases and holders to our wedding theme, down... Read More to the burlap and lace around the bouquets and into the corsages! They were just breathtaking and exactly what we envisioned! The quality is amazing - we still have them displayed around the house and they look as if they were picked yesterday! They were a pleasure to work with and I would definitely recommend them to anyone and everyone! Thank you so much for helping make our wedding perfect!!

Excellent

Reviewed on 6/28/2014 Amanda L

I loved all of my flowers! I sent in my ideas got the best price in town and everything was perfect!

Perfection

Reviewed on 5/20/2014 Jeannine T

Working with Michaela was so much fun. She is absolutely adorable and made me feel at ease. Plus this vendor's price point is PERFECT. The delivery and service day of was outstanding. I was so happy I chose them as my florist. My flowers were gorgeous and everything that I... Read More wanted. No unwanted surprises. Perfect 10.

Beautiful flowers at a great price

Reviewed on 4/26/2014 Cybil

I highly recommend Felthousen's Florist for their quality and value. During my initial meeting, I was able to provide a budget and vision and the representative put together a sample that met every request. I was very impressed with their flexibility. My flowers were absolutely... Read More beautiful.

Unbelievably wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 Andrea

I met with Gail at Felthousen's not believing I could afford any florals. She took her time with me, listened to my ideas (and budget), and put together my dream bouquet right before my eyes on that first meeting day. Amazing! Cant tell you how many compliments I continue to... Read More get on my flowers. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Amazing Experience... Start to Finish!

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Jerrica H

We had an amazing experience with Felthousen's for our wedding flowers. I loved working with Gail from start to finish on our wedding. She really listened to my ideas and stuck to our budget without sacrificing anything. The flowers came out beautifully, we still receive so... Read More many compliments on them! Felthousen's were professional to work with from the start and did such an excellent job!

Beautiful job!

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Sarah V

Felthousen's did a great job for our wedding. I wanted roses and dahlias with a mix of seasonal flowers and Felthousen's exceeded my expectations. My bouquet was absolutely beautiful and the bridesmaids bouquets were also gorgeous. Everyone loved our centerpieces and for the... Read More price we paid for everything we were really happy with how it turned out. Thanks again!!

Flowers were gorgeous

Reviewed on 8/15/2013 Sarah K

I would recommend Felthousen's to ANYONE!! They came in WAY under budget. Our flowers were just ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!!! AND they came with special vases. They were just absolutely beautiful!!!

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Kendra K

Felthousen's did a fantastic job with the flowers for my wedding. I met with Mark and gave him some pictures from a few bridal magazines and said "This is what I like, can you make something like this in my budget?" He took my "vision" and ran with it. He stayed within my budget... Read More and went above and beyond my expectations. I received tons of compliments about the centerpieces and the bouquets from my guests. They were also flexible. Less than a week before the wedding my mother in law decided that she wanted to surprise me with some wreaths for the doors on the church and extra arrangements on the guest book/escort card table- and they made it happen. The best part was Felthousen's was cheaper (by 25%) than all the other florists I met with. Do yourself a favor and skip shopping around- go straight to Felthousen's Florist.

Amazing centerpieces

Reviewed on 2/22/2012 Kimberly C

We had all of our flowers done by Felthousen's. I was an out of town bride so only was able to meet with Mark a few times. Wow, did they ever exceed my expectations. The table centerpieces and cocktail hour arrangements were AWESOME! We had tulips, some low centerpieces... Read More submerged in water and some taller arrangements in these beautiful vases. The price was MORE than reasonable for everything provided. The bouquets for myself and the bridesmaids were perfect colors, all the flowers were in good condition and I can't begin to tell you how many compliments we got on them. I would highly recommend Felthousen's for all your wedding flower needs!

great great great

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Erin R

I went in with only one thing I knew about flowers... the color. The bouquet and pieces we unbelievably gorgeous! It was so easy working with Mary Lou, she is experienced and obliviously knows exactly what shes doing when it comes to flowers. You get a lot of bang for your buck!

Outstanding

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Amanda R

Mark was so easy to work with and truly delivered! He listened to what I liked and made great recommendations based on his experience. He created a sample centerpiece for me and showed me the exact type of flowers he would be using in my bouquet – it was great to have a preview!... Read More The centerpieces, arrangements at the church, and all of our bouquets were so beautiful. Not to mention the price was reasonable and the service was outstanding. I loved my flowers so much, my husband will be purchasing matching flowers for our anniversary next year. Thank you Felthousen’s!