Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Fashion

1608 Union Street, Schenectady, NY (518) 374-3464

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Megan T

I went to Ferri's on a whim while visiting my Mom for Thanksgiving. Best decision of the weekend because I found my dress!!!! Debbie was my consultant and she was beyond amazing. From the moment she greeted us at the door, she made me and my mom both feel instantly comfortable... Read More and she was attentive, personable, and professional. She listened to what I wanted, gave suggestions on things that may look well with the dress, and never pressured me into a decision! I was nervous to start bridal gown shopping but if I had known I would be working with someone like Debbie, I wouldn't have been nervous at all. She made the whole experience FUN!! Debbie was not the only pleasant one we had the chance to work with. Marylu helped us get the gown ordered and offered advice/insight when choosing a color and accessories to go along with the dress. My mother and I had a wonderful time at Ferri's and wouldn't hesitate to shop there again!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Katie M

I said yes to my dress at Ferri Formals. I walked in thinking I knew exactly what I wanted, and the stylist who worked with me brought a few dresses that fit that bill before she suggested I try on something a little different. It was the perfect dress for me and I'm so glad... Read More that she took elements from my original vision and combined that with her expertise! Ferri also did an outstanding job with my alterations and bustle. Their staff is extremely friendly and professional. I received so many complements on my dress and I have them to thank!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Lisa M

Ferri Formal was absolutely amazing and I would recommend them to every bride!! From beginning to end they were extremely helpful and made sure that my day was extra special. Mary Lu the owner is an exceptional woman, she made me feel like I was the only bride that mattered. The... Read More seamstress was helpful with how the gown should fit and how the bride should move in her gown...wonderful ladies!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Jillian M

I had such an amazing experience buying my wedding dress here. All the staff made everything so easy. When I first came into the shop, I didn’t know what style I wanted and they spent lots of time with me to help me figure out what I liked the most. The staff were very attentive... Read More and always made sure I felt comfortable with my decisions. The shop was great at communicating timing of dress ordering, dress arrival, and alterations. Alterations were done through the shop and came out great! I felt so beautiful in my dress on my wedding day and ferri formals made that feeling possible!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Erin M

Ferri formals was a great salon to work with, we used Ferri's for the bridal gown, bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen suits. A few if the suits were late but everything worked out well. I found a dress online by a designer they carry and they were more than willing to order the... Read More dress and let me pick a different dress if I didn't like the one I ordered.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Kate C

I cannot speak highly enough of my experience at Ferri Formals and Bridals in Schenectady. The selection of formal wear was exceptional and the service was superior when compared to the countless shops that I went to prior to Ferri’s. I sincerely enjoyed working with the... Read More entire staff from the beginning to the end of my experience there. I first began working with Patty. She was amazing and she listened to what I was in search of and then provided me with exactly that. I appreciated this because I kept finding that at other boutiques I would explain what it was that I wanted and then the employee would pull the opposite of what I described. It almost felt like a ploy to get you to settle for the next dress you tried on in your size that was remotely close to what you envisioned wearing. After being so discouraged and feeling as if I was wasting my time, it was extremely refreshing to feel respected at Ferri’s rather than feel treated like a walking dollar sign. That same evening, the search was over and I had found my wedding gown! Mayleen did an unbelievable job with my alterations and added ¾ sleeves onto my dress. She is incredibly talented and I was impressed with the quality of her work. Her sense of humor and honest opinions were also very helpful throughout the process. Marylu, the owner, was fantastic to work with. She was genuine, fair in her pricing, and gave me the feeling that she truly wanted me to find the dress of my dreams. Holly, as well as the rest of the staff, was knowledgeable, very sweet and well organized (which I LOVED). We also used Ferri’s for our bridesmaid’s dresses, mother of the bride dresses, and my sister found a stunning prom gown there. We would have rented tuxedos from there if we had not already put a deposit down elsewhere. The prices are so reasonable but their customer service and professionalism is what sets them apart from their competition. You will not be disappointed at Ferri Formals and Bridals!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Miranda S

Ferri Formals and Bridal is an excellent choice if you're in the market for any type of formal wear. I purchased my wedding dress here, and I couldn't have been happier. Everyone was so personable, helpful and more than willing to assist me in finding the perfect dress for our... Read More big day. They have a great selection, and are all there to help. I would definitely recommend this shop!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Amanda A

Ferri Formals has everything you need for your wedding! From stunning bridal dresses to groomsmen tuxedos, you will not be disappointed! Marylou is an absolute pleasure to work with, traveling to whatever lengths you need to make sure you feel and look your best on your special... Read More day. We were so impressed with the service that we returned for attire another event!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Melanie M

Plenty of selection when looking for wedding dresses! They have everything from ball gowns to tons of lace. It took no time at all for me to find a dress that I loved. Unfortunately, some of their samples are really small (like a size 6) so it did make it difficult when trying... Read More things on. I also ordered the guy's tuxes from here. They had a huge selection of different colors and types, which made it easy to match colors. The alterations on the tuxes were okay, but two of them were altered too small.

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Meghan R

As a plus-size bride, I was a little concerned that trying on wedding dresses would be stressful and difficult as most sample sizes carried in-store are 8-10. Before driving and hour and a half to their location, I called and was assured there would be dresses in my size. I was... Read More not disappointed! Marylu was beyond wonderful from beginning to end. She was patient and at no time was I pressured to make a decision I wasn't comfortable with. I ended up with the perfect dress that came in well under my budget. I highly recommend Ferri Formals to all brides!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Melissa L

I absolutely LOVED my dress from Ferri's. Patty found me my dream dress and I cannot thank her enough! Minus a few hiccups, I had an overall good experience.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016

Ferri Formals is such a great place. I got my wedding gown there, and couldn't have asked for a better experience. My first time there we had a private room and Patty helped me pick out and try on dresses. I had my mother and bridesmaid with me and they were so accommodating. I... Read More found THE PERFECT gown and couldn't have been happier. Minor alterations were needed and the seamstress was a miracle worker, really wonderful work! Everyone there is super friendly and when I picked up my dress before the big day I got a congratulation and a hug from Marylu. I would recommend this dress/bridal shop to anyone. They don't pressure you to buy and really make an effort to make your experience a great one!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Bekah B

Ferri Formals and Bridals was excellent. They helped me find a dress for hours and hours and never seemed to be pressuring me. They helped me find the dress of my dreams.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Katie H

The staff at Ferri Formals and Bridals is truly amazing! They are so accommodating and truly know how to make a bride's vision come to life. They even incorporated my grandmother's headpiece into my veil which meant so much! The dress was so stunning as well - I received... Read More compliments all night. I would definitely choose to work with them again.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Jen B

Smells musty and bridal selection is on 1st floor and 3rd floor which doesn't make selection easy. Then I had to carry my own dresses up to bridal suite on 3rd floor. After she let me rome throughout and pick dresses to try on, which they had beautiful selection and I was very... Read More excited, she told me to put one on. At every other stores I had been to they gave me undergarments and helped me put the dresses on. After failing to get 2 dresses over my head I started looking at the sizes and realized they had no sample sizes that were even close to fitting me. It was a huge waste of time and I really wish they had told me that before I came there and spend time picking out dresses that would never fit me. And why the consultant let me pick dresses she knew wouldn't fit me I also couldn't figure out. Bottom line is if your a size 8 or 10 maximum you can find a dress there. If not you're on your own.

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Danielle

Ferri Formals was amazing to work with. We got everything we needed (tuxes, bridesmaid dresses and the bridal gown) all at one place for a reasonable price. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Iliyana I

I loved everything about Ferry Formals and Bridals; this is the place to go for your dress! They have a great selection not only for wedding gowns but all of the formal wear dresses for any occasion! All of the wedding consultants are so sweet and helpful, especially Patty who... Read More I worked with. Patty is the sweetest person I have ever met; she made me feel so special and beautiful! I found my dream dress, and cannot wait to wear it! Thank you Patty! There aren't enough compliments in the world to describe how great of an experience it was working with Ferry Formals and Bridals. I will highly recommend this place!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Kerri H

We had the bridal dress, bridesmaid dresses, and tux's. Absolutely everything came out great. We deeply appreciate the extra time and care that was given to us by the shop. We've even got great pictures to prove every outfit came out perfect! Thanks!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

I'm so glad I stopped in to Ferri Formals one afternoon to browse for bridal gowns and met Marylou. After trying on a few dresses, I still had one on my mind I had seen elseware a few days earlier. Marylou assured me she would find that dress for me, and she did. After... Read More alterations by her talented staff, I had the most beautiful wedding dress. I received nothing but rave comments about my dress throughout my entire wedding day. This same bridal shop had even custom made bridesmaids dresses for my sisters wedding many years ago. Thanks again Ferri Formals!

mother of the bride

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Karen M

Staff is respectful and knowlegeable. Never felt pressured or like we were shopping in a "department store". They were very accomodating and made the experience fun. By the day of the wedding, we almost felt like they were family; Good value for the money.

Do not use for tux rentals!

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Jeff K

We had the pleasure of working with many outstanding vendors to put on our wedding. Unfortunately, Ferri Formals & Bridals turned out not to be one of them. We used them for our tuxedo rentals for our wedding party and other participants in the wedding. However, it went downhill... Read More from there. Multiple groomsmen had issues with providing their measurements and payment information to place their orders. When the tux orders came in, shoes were missing for at least one groomsman, shirts were missing for two groomsmen, and the shirt style was incorrect for all of the rentals. Also, they made it very difficult for out-of-town groomsmen to return their tuxes after our Saturday night wedding because they are not open on Sunday and have no alternative return procedure. The staff did not seem to comprehend how it was not possible for our out-of-town groomsmen to return their tuxes on Monday when they were flying home on Sunday. Fortunately, my now mother-in-law volunteered to return all of the rentals. Overall, I would not recommend Ferri Formals & Bridals for tux rentals.

Exceptional experience

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Elizabeth C

I had a vision of my dream wedding dress, a princess ball gown. I tried on about 7 princess dresses and decided that it was not the most flattering for my body type. Patty, the Ferri's store manager was helping me. She started pulling an assortment of dresses that I didn't... Read More initially pick. In her choices was my dream dress! Somehow Patty knew what I wanted before I did. I didn't want to buy the dress at the first store that I looked at. I went to Somthing Bleu, Angela's, The Bridal Gallery by Yvonne, Jocelyns and Apropo. Although many of the stores were nice, no other staff was as attentive and helpful as they are at Ferri's. My mom also bough her dress at Ferri's. The entire process was seamless from shopping, buying the dress and the fittings. Patty is fabulous and my experience at Ferri's was exceptional.

Loved my dress, but had to stay on top of vendor

Reviewed on 7/03/2014 Kristina K

I was originally working with a girl at Ferri's who was so helpful and then she left her job. I had to stay on top of the store to see if my dress was in or not. The bridesmaid's dresses I ordered were huge and not true to size. I really like Ferri's, just be ready to nag them a... Read More little bit.

Great Staff and Great Selection!

Reviewed on 3/30/2014 Michelle S

I was so incredibly happy with the service and selection of dresses Ferri Formals had to offer. I worked with Celeste and she understood what I was looking for, but also suggested dresses she thought would look good on my frame. I ended up selecting Celeste's pick, a gorgeous... Read More Enzoani Dabra ball gown. Between the dress, veil, accessories and alterations, everyone at Ferri Formals made me feel special and helped me find the perfect look for my wedding day! Thanks to Marylu, Celeste, and the rest of the staff, you all are amazing!

Horrible Customer Service- Not Taking Responsibility

Reviewed on 11/15/2013 Lauren F

Ferri Formals was recommended to me though a friend who used them for her bridesmaid dresses and had a good experience with them.I have to say my experience was completely different. At first the staff were friendly when I went bridesmaid dress shopping with my mother and saw... Read More the dress I wanted my girls to wear for at my wedding....but before making a decision I wanted all my girls to see the dress and try it on. They agreed that they liked it. We ended up ordering Mackenzie Michaels dresses from the store in May 2013. The staff member who assisted us with the purchases wrote down the sizes and had everyone sign that all the information was correct and I was told the dresses would be in by the first week of July and that I would be contacted by someone at the store when the dresses were ready to be picked up. That is when the trouble started. The first weekend in July I had still heard nothing and decided to call the store. The woman who answered my call said that the production company was a little behind and that the dresses would be ready for pick up the last week in August. I informed my bridal party and my out of town bridesmaid was planning on coming in that last weekend in August to pick up her dress. Well, the last week in August rolled around and guess what, still not call about the dresses. I wasn't too concerned at that point because my wedding wasn't until November 2013, yet I called anyway and was told the same story and that the dresses would be ready mid-September. I explained to the woman on the phone that I have a bridesmaid that lives out of town and couldn't get her dress on a whim and if there was a specific date the dresses would be in. She said someone from the store would contact me. Mid-September came around and now I was getting concerned and called the store yet again to see what was going on with the dresses. Explained the same story over again and said I was getting concerned and frustrated that I was being told different stories and not given a date that yet was followed through by a staff member....that I felt I was being given a run-around. They made a note to contact the production company and call me back. They did call and left a message for me to call the store and so I did only to find out that the production company still was behind that they would be in the last week of September. Not to my surprise they were not ready. Long story short, I called again that last week of September and still no dresses. And once again, I expressed my concerns as my wedding was approaching quickly and I was worried my out of town bridesmaid would not have her dress in time. As a bride this was extremely stressful, not knowing if my girls would have their dresses in time to be altered before the wedding. The Bridesmaid dresses did not come in until mid-October. Two of the girls dresses were too big, in the book on Ferri's desk the sizes had been changed to the next size up without the girls knowing and my out of town bridesmaid's dress had a rip on the bust in the lace(3 inches). She had to fly back home and the store was closed the next day. She called to complain and find out what they could do to help, which was nothing. They were not taking any responsibility for the ripped merchandise. I called the store and asked to speak with the manager and explained to her how upset I was with the customer service. She apologized but was unwilling to assist in any way. Did not take any responsibility or accommodations.