Award-Winning Southern Fare

Combining traditional processes and techniques of classical cuisine with the simplicity of comfort food, BBQ and Southern fare. From our award-winning BBQ to lowcountry boils and oyster roasts, Home Team will work with you to orchestrate a successful & memorable event for you and your guests.

Cuisine

American, BBQ

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Food + Catering

1205 Ashley River Road, Charleston, SC (843) 225-7427
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Lauren B

Home Team BBQ was one of the best choices we made in planning our entire wedding! In need of catering for our Welcome Dinner, we wanted something casual and delicious. We hit the jackpot with Home Team! From the initial tasting to the menu planning, the entire Home Team staff... Read More was a pleasure to work with. Hope and her staff gave great recommendations and really worked with us to make sure we had the perfect amount of food and staffing for our event. When the day finally arrived for our Welcome Dinner, the Home Team staff that catered the event could not have been more professional and friendly. The set-up was perfect and the service was flawless. The food was also a huge hit! We had countless guests approach us and tell us that this was the best BBQ they had ever had. I highly recommend considering Home Team BBQ for your catering needs. You will not find better BBQ or better service in Charleston!

Southern Comfort

Reviewed on 7/04/2015 Darina G

We are still receiving compliments about the food from our wedding. The BBQ from Home Team is to die for! Seriously, it's the best in Charleston. If you're looking for good southern comfort food this is it. The only down fall is that they do not serve the food themselves, but... Read More the cost of the food is so inexpensive that it makes up for finding servers. You also have to rent china and silverware from your rental company. However, they do provide plastic if that's what you're looking for. We knew this before booking so it was not an issue. We were extremely satisfied with our food. It was hot throughout the entire buffet time and there were plenty of leftovers, which they kindly boxed for us ( and made for some amazing pre honeymoon meals). Our guests went back for seconds and thirds in the buffet. We're so happy with our decision to use Home Team BBQ for our wedding.

Excellent food, great value!

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Laura L

My husband and I frequent Home Team BBQ and I knew that I wanted them to cater our reception from the beginning. They turned out to be very economical, too. The food was all prepared on-site, so it was fresh and delicious. And there was more than enough for everyone to have... Read More seconds. My husband and I even got to enjoy the leftovers for the next week after the wedding. Their food never disappoints, and this was not an exception.

The food was amazing!

Reviewed on 4/11/2015 Abby B

We wanted something local for our wedding, and this hit the spot! When visiting Charleston to find our venue, we stopped by and got a platter with different meats and sides to sample everything. We decided on the pulled pork, dry rubbed chicken, gouda mac & cheese, potato salad,... Read More and baked beans. We had 4 sauces- original, sweet, white, and mustard. Everyone loved the food, and it wasn't pretentious or anything. It was really, really good. My only suggestion would be to order a little less than what you need, as we had lots of leftovers. (Not because it wasn't delicious, but because bbq catering tends to come with a lot!) We can't wait to come back to Charleston and eat at Home Team again!

Great food & service

Reviewed on 11/03/2014

We used Home Team for our rehearsal dinner on Folly Beach. The wings are amazing & don't forget the Alabama white sauce! We had BBQ, low country boil, Gouda Mac n cheese, cole slaw & baked beans. The service was great & very professional. It was the perfect meal for a low key... Read More rehearsal dinner. Highly recommend. & if not at least go by & check out the wings...best ever.

Great food

Reviewed on 10/25/2014

The bbq was great, something for everyone.

Excellent BBQ

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Amelia P

Home Team provided our food and bartending services for our plantation wedding. We had pulled pork, collard greens, cucumber/tomato salad, and poppy seed slaw. The bbq was the best I have EVER had! So good. The staff wrapped up the extras for us to take home. The staff and food... Read More were both excellent.

Awesome BBQ for my casual beach house wedding

Reviewed on 4/30/2013 Sara R

I hired Home Team BBQ for my casual wedding on IOP. They catered, pulled pork & dry rubbed chicken, mac n cheese, baked beans, cole slaw and banana pudding. Catering included sweet & unsweet tea, all paper goods, ice, buns and an array of BBQ sauces. Catering manager Hope... Read More was awesome to work with, and the two caterers who came the day of were very friendly. They made the best of a small space where almost everything is permanently screwed to the floor. The leftovers were packed up for us and left in the refrigerators. The leftovers were quickly used for midnight snacks and brunch the following morning. This is some amazing food. I made sure I made time to sit down and savor some at the reception.

AMAZING FOOD!!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2012 Amber B

Home Team BBQ and Hope were amazing! The food was awesome!! Everyone raved about this food and could not stop talking about it for weeks! We absolutely loved the feeling that we received as soon as we walked into their restaurant, they made us feel so welcomed and so much at... Read More home! The beef brisket and chicken was cooked perfectly and had the most amazing flavor! The mac and cheese of course is world class and to die for along with the Tomato and Cucumber Salad!! AWESOME!!! Cannot wait to go back to Charleston to eat at Home Team!

DE-LISH!!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2011 lori m

I love home team bbq! They have the best bbq in charleston! I loved working with Hope, their catering manager. Everything was hot, fresh and yummy! All of my guests are asking me now, who catered the food? LOL!

Barbeque

Reviewed on 5/09/2011 Lauren W

wanted barbeque at our reception and Home Team delivered great barbeque and sides at a great price. Also had waiters that helped throughout reception and cleaned up afterwards too.