From our farm to your wedding table

Fireisde Catering is the leader in the growing farm-to-fork movement in Massachusetts. We source from our own 100-acre Gibbet Hill Farm in Groton, MA, as well as from numerous other farm partners across the state. We also design our menus according to what is locally available at each season.

American, French, Italian, Latin American, Fusion

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Passed Appetizers, Servers, Food + Catering

211 Middlesex Turnpike, Burlington, MA

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Stephanie R

We are so happy with our choice of Fireside! We got married in June at Misselwood, and Fireside is one of 3 of the venue's selected caterers. We had a great tasting experience, and were even more impressed by the final product on the day of. Jessica was wonderful to work with... Read More throughout the process, and answered our excessively detailed questions with patience. There are a LOT of options for apps and entrees, and we found them to be the most in line with the kind of "foodie" food we like to eat and wanted to share with our guests. Our guests could not stop talking about the filet--it was perfectly cooked, which exceeded my expectations when preparing for 100+ people. The event staff made everything run smoothly, and paced everything perfectly in time with the other events of the evening. Highly recommend!

Wouldn't have been as phenomenal without Tim!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Valerie M

From the very first phone call to book a meeting to view The Fruitlands Museum to picking up vases we left after the wedding, we had nothing but exceptional service from the Fireside team, but especially Tim Holmes. I plan conferences as part of my job and deal with many hotels... Read More and rental facilities and none of them compare to Tim. He was very detail-oriented and beyond helpful with the silly questions I asked. The accommodations that both Tim and the catering made for some of my crazy family, were just unbelievable. My mother has a hard time with a lot of food and she said that everything they did for her was fantastic! If I could work with Tim for all of my work-related functions, I would every time. I can be a control-freak perfectionist and Tim and his team gave me the confidence to not worry one bit. And, it was a flawless day. As for the food, it was phenomenal. The catering team introduced my husband and I to some new foods at the tasting that we were quite honestly hesitant about, but now eat all the time. The team from Fireside Catering really made the day one our guests and we will never forget.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Suzie C

The food provided by Fireside Catering was out of this world! It was extremely tasty and each meal was paired together so beautifully. My guests thoroughly enjoyed every course. I got to deal directly with Amy Hudon, and she was absolutely amazing! I couldn't have done it... Read More without her. She was communicative and efficient and made sure I had nothing to worry about on my special day. Thank you for the exceptional level of service. I highly recommend using Fireside Catering.

My guests loved the food!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Amy A

I loved working with Fireside Catering for my wedding! My guests are still talking about the food!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Fireside is the exclusive caterer to the Bradley Estate where we got married last month. Heather was our contact person/catering manager through Fireside, as the venue itself does not have a contact person. Unfortunately we had a bad experience overall. The 2 stars are for the... Read More excellent waitstaff, the food during cocktail hour (including an amazing raw bar) and the chef's easy ability to safely accommodate our guests with food allergies. Planning was challenging with Heather. I often felt more organized than her. She was unresponsive at times (once she didn't respond to an email of mine after 10 days) and often disorganized. When we first met Heather she appeared very competent and confident in her skills as a wedding planner which contributed to why we ultimately decided to get married in this year instead of next year - we planned our wedding in 4 months which felt doable and Heather agreed. Things went down hill from there but only with Fireside - we did not have issues with any other vendors. (As an aside: I highly recommend planning a wedding in 4-6 months.) Overall communication was a huge problem. Day-of there were also issues with the quality and consistency of the reception food and communication with other Fireside staff. If there were only one or two miscommunications/instances of poor communication I would chalk it up to a busy employee or just normal human error but in our experience there was a clear pattern of miscommunication. At one point in the planning, we thought about canceling and losing our deposit so that we could work with another caterer at another venue because it really was that bad. If there was the option to use another caterer and stay at our chosen venue we absolutely would have taken that action regardless of the non-refundable deposit.

2015-10-28T07:03:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review; as hard as it is to read, this feedback is very valuable to us. I am truly sorry that your experience was not up to our usual standards and that I was not... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Jonathan K

Good wedding food. Hired Fireside catering for our wedding at Glen Magna Farms in Danvers in August 2014. Food was good. Servers were professional. Fireside has lots of options. Somewhat inefficient to work with. Not very forthcoming with options or suggestions. Provided... Read More counter productive layout suggestions. Tasting was private, but very limited. Took a lot of back and forth to plan the menu.

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Jonathan K

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Kit N

I am not a perfectionist but I wanted to throw a perfect event. Like most brides, I've never planned something like this before and had no idea how to go about it. Enter Fireside. Fireside just completed our wedding and I cannot say enough good things about them. Food... Read More quality was of utmost importance and they delivered. They helped us plan our menu and had excellent options for our gluten-free and vegan guests (the vegan samosas were especially loved by everyone!) the staff was phenomenal. They dealt very gracefully with our baby and child friendly guest list (the poor guys passing the appetizers were swarmed by children at times.) They helped with every aspect of the party and made my life so easy during the breakdown, helping us carry things to cars and recovering lost items. My guests commented about how great the staff was during and after the event - no one seemed like they were there just to collect a paycheck. they all behaved like they were happy to be there at our party and just wanted to make sure our every need was met. We couldn't have pulled off our wedding without Maura's assistance. She asked all the right questions and helped us prepare for all occasions. We just couldn't be happier!

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Jessica G

Working with Fireside at the Fruitlands Museum was an amazing experience. Tim, our wedding coordinator there took care of everything. He was amazingly accommodating and worked with us to perfect every last detail of our wedding. He was so easy to work with an really made the... Read More experience so amazing. The food itself was INCREDIBLE. All of our guests raved about it. Cocktail hour, dinner, gelato and cider donuts, it was all wonderful. Working with Tim to create the perfect menu was a breeze and he was great about giving suggestions and taking our requests into account. I would not hesitate to recommend Fireside Catering to anyone looking for unique, amazing, local food for their wedding.

We are foodies, and Fireside gets it.

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Jonathan A

Fireside has phenomenal quality food, great value, and excellent service. We had guest tell us it was the best food they had ever had at any wedding and they keep telling us how awesome the hors d'oeuvres were almost a month later. Their portions are huge too! Maura was awesome... Read More to work with. She was always accessible for our questions and willing to track down things like cheese from a local artisan for our antipasto. I want them to make me dinner every night. Food was very important to us and they did not disappoint.

Amazing food!

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Catharine S

The food was delicious! We loved that it was all seasonal, local food! Everyone kept raving about how much they loved the food! The staff was helpful and friendly. We loved it!

Simply outstanding !

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Stephanie

My husband and I went with Fireside Catering because they were contracted with our venue LaBelle Winery to provide the food for our special day. They are "farm to fork" and not cheap, but so so worth the money. Typically, food selection is the most critiqued at weddings and our... Read More guests are still raving about the food! We could not have been happier with all of the food served from cocktail hour 'til dinner. We worked with Amy Hudon and I cannot say enough about her! I simply love her! She feels more like a friend now than just someone we did wedding business with. I feel like I'm having email withdrawals! She was so friendly, kind, polite, accommodating and just a pleasure to work with! She made the wedding planning process so much easier on me and was so helpful with all areas of planning vs. just the food. She is a tremendous asset to this company and they should seriously give her a raise.. she deserves it! You will not regret going with Fireside- they are incredible!

Fantastic Food & Impeccable, Unobtrusive Service

Reviewed on 8/06/2014 Catherine H

We were married at Fruitlands Museum in Harvard, MA, on July 4, 2014. Tim Holmes was a thorough professional throughout the planning process. He was always punctual, informative, flexible, and genuinely interested in making our day special. Moe and the rest of the Fireside... Read More Catering staff were equally professional. The staff was all smiles and blended unobtrusively into our gathering of friends and family, and the food was fantastic. From start to finish, our ceremony and reception were joyful and worry-free, and this is largely due to their experience and competence. The site is beautiful, and despite rain from Hurricane Arthur, Fruitlands was the perfect venue for our wedding. The views on Prospect Hill are stunning, and under the tent with the rain outside, it was intimate and romantic. We have no second thoughts about choosing Fruitlands and Fireside for our wedding, and we look forward to visiting them for future anniversaries.

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Amy G

The food is amazing. Most of it is grown locally on their farm. They are very willing to accommodate everyone's dietary restrictions. Jessica was great to work with. She was very accessible to answer questions through email. The staff serving at the wedding was very... Read More efficient and made sure that we got to eat too. Would definitely recommend them.

Delicious, thoughtful, and attentive catering

Reviewed on 3/31/2014 Sarah H

My husband and I got married this past October at the Crane Estate in Ipswich, MA. The team at Fireside Catering (particularly Maura McCarthy) was amazing. My husband and I love cooking and eating and so the wedding food was one of the most important aspects of the celebration... Read More for us. We did a lot of research to find a caterer who would make use of the bounty of amazing local produce, meats, and cheeses, as well as providing excellent food. We worked poor Maura hard, really wanting to get the menu as good as it could be. All along, the team was open to our suggestions and engaged in the process, making great suggestions. In addition to our high maintenance desires for the meal, we had a lot of dietary restrictions and needs that had to be catered to for the meal. I, the bride, have a wheat allergy, several guests had nut allergies, and a number of individuals were vegan or vegetarian. Fireside Catering met all of our needs happily. Though there were a few minor miscommunications (more to do probably with our nit-picking than anything else), but these were quickly cleared up. The tasting experience was a dream, just as good as going to a nice restaurant for a meal. We had a large wedding and were totally mobbed by guests almost the whole time. I've often heard brides and grooms say they didn't get a bite of food all night - I can't sympathize even a little bit. The Fireside team dedicated a special waiter just to my husband and I, who followed my husband and I around all evening making sure we had plenty of food. She even fended off guests who tried to take something from our tray! They did a number of other things to make sure that we were well and fully fed. While the food, of course, wasn't as amazing as the tasting (where they were cooking just for two), it was the best wedding food we've ever tasted. We both HIGHLY recommend Fireside Catering.

Beautiful, seasonal, and delicious

Reviewed on 11/30/2013 Nicole F

Fireside catering was professional every steps of the way. The food was beautifully presented and people are still commenting how wonderfully delicious it was! Food was one of top 3 most important items and they hit it out of the park!

Delicous Food

Reviewed on 10/12/2013 Emily W

Our venue was contracted with Fireside, so we did not have to choose a caterer. We were able to have a "tasting" by having dinner at one of their restaurants and it was delicious. The food at the wedding was awesome. Almost all guests said it was the best food they have had at a... Read More wedding. We were able to choose from variety of options and everything turned out great!

Fantastic Wedding Caterer!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Alida J

Maura at Fireside was great to work with. She tailored the menu options to meet our preferences. They were able to be accomodating of all allergies at the wedding, including dairy and gluten, and were able to offer our vegetarian dinner option in vegan. The services was... Read More flawless, and the servers even tried to make sure that my wife and I were offered hors d'oeuvres while we completed our photo session. Everything was delicious, and we would absolutely choose them again.

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Rachael K

Fireside catering was the exclusive caterer for our wedding venue (LaBelle Winery). All of the food that we selected was prepared perfectly and tasted delicious. All of the offerings were locally grown or organic, farm raised (this is why the higher price per head). Service at... Read More the reception was great and all staff members were professional.

My Love Affair with Fireside

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Shaelyn D

We first were in contact with Fireside when we were shopping for reception venues and went to Moraine Farms. Unfortunately, Moraine was a little far from our ceremony location, but we really liked the folks we met with. The catering manager, Maura, contacted us a few days... Read More later and it was love at first email. As we left from our first in-person meeting with Maura, I said to my then fiance, "I don't even care if the food isn't good, I want to work with her." And then, when our car got stuck in the shop and we had to rent a Home Depot truck to get to our tasting (a few hours late), she was so understanding and provided us with some AMAZING food. AH-MAZE-ING. We were looking forward to our wedding not only for the obvious reasons, but also so that we could eat that steak hors d'oeuvre and butternut arancini and roasted chicken again. Not only was the food fantastic, but working with Maura was an absolute dream. Any question I had, she answered immediately, she took care of coordinating all our vendors, she even found, evaluated and rented us some port-o-johns to help alleviate some of the lines at the indoor bathrooms at our venue. It is rare that I meet someone who has higher standards and is more of a perfectionist than I, and Maura is that person. As a result, our reception went off without a hitch, everyone had an amazing time and there were very few plates left with food on them. The service was impeccable - everything was set up as I had requested, there was almost no lag time between tables being served dinner and the bar was never packed thanks to servers passing drinks as well as hors d'oeurves. I am in LOVE with Fireside and will use them for any and every event we host in the future and would recommend them to EVERYONE who is in need of a caterer. They are a first class, friendly, and hard-working team of professionals.

Simply Delicious

Reviewed on 8/03/2012 Melissa D

It has been a month since my wedding, and I still have people telling me how amazing the food was. Just mouthwatering. Not only was it amazing food, but they were fantastic to work with, very flexible. My husband is a bit of a foodie so he had some specific ideas; they met is... Read More expectations and then some.

Yummy yummy yummy!!!

Reviewed on 2/13/2012 Jane C

I can't say enough good things about Fireside Catering! Fireside was SO very good to us- they worked with us to create a perfect menu that was pleasing to all but reflective of our flavor theme. They helped us cut costs too by focusing on seasonally available ingredients and... Read More making savvy choices. And they were so easy to work with! Their staff were all so gracious and efficient, both before and after the wedding. This is the best, though- my guests are asking me for RECIPES for the food that was served at the wedding. Who asks for the recipes for wedding food?? So many of the dishes that were served were simply to die for! We are such a foodie couple so it brought us great joy to see the looks of delight on our guests faces as they devoured the meal we'd so carefully chosen for them. I think too often when brides are planning their wedding, they think too much about the dress and the overall look of the space (both important, of course) and less about the GUEST experience. If you want your guests to be happy and think it was 'the best wedding ever' make sure you put at least as much thought and effort into your food as you did into coordinating your wedding party attire! If you want a vendor that can help you do just that and BLOW your guests' minds with their delicious flavors, look no further than Fireside!

Amazing Food, Service and Quality

Reviewed on 12/16/2011 Sarah R H

I have nothing but great things to say about Fireside Catering. What really sold me about their business was using fresh food from their farm and using local foods as much as possible. I was looking for reviews out on the web for them but couldn't find anything so I went with... Read More my gut instinct. I am glad I did! Both Amy Hudon and the Chef worked with me to pick out the best menu to go with the overall look and feel for my wedding. They provided great suggestions and a variety of food that were crowd pleasers. All of my guests were talking about how amazing food was all night long. Food was very important to me when planning my wedding and this caterer exceeded my expectations. The execution during our cocktail hour and reception was amazing. The staff was professional and polite. The service was quick and efficient. They did a great job planning the logistics of our wedding and reception. Lasty, they had great presentation of the food. They used clean, simple, classic dishes but also had a unique element to them. The decorations for serving the food was spot on too. I highly recommend this caterer. You won't be disappointed!!

Fantastic caterer, but out of our budget.

Reviewed on 9/29/2011 Ashly T

We did a tasting at this caterer and had a fantastic experience. The staff was incredibly knowledgeable and friendly, and the food was fantastic. Unfortunately, they were slightly out of our budget, but based on this tasting, we would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 7/08/2011 Laurie M

I have to begin with Anne, she was so wonderful! She was so helpful, friendly and a life saver at times...she also was great for brainstorming ideas on decor and for helping me with the little details. She was more than our event manager, she was more like our wedding... Read More coordinator. The food was amazing! We are big foodies, so food was important to us and they hit the ball out of the park! Our guests are still talking about the food - they loved the salad (the one with the brie), the beef tenderloin and the haddock, some of our guests were even looking for second helpings!! I cannot forget to mention, the crabcake appetizers that our guests were hunting down during the cocktail hour...last but not least, I can't hear enough about the milk and cookies that came out at the end of the night, it was a nice little surprise for our guests and they are still talking about it. We are so pleased as to how everything turned out, the service was professional and friendly, and everything came together so great that this important part of our planning was stress free and fantastic...the food made it a five star wedding by far!