From our farm to your wedding table

Fireisde Catering is the leader in the growing farm-to-fork movement in Massachusetts. We source from our own 100-acre Gibbet Hill Farm in Groton, MA, as well as from numerous other farm partners across the state. We also design our menus according to what is locally available at each season.

Cuisine

American, French, Italian, Latin American, Fusion

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Passed Appetizers, Servers, Food + Catering

211 Middlesex Turnpike, Burlington, MA Massachusetts (781) 221-3003

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Stephanie R

We are so happy with our choice of Fireside! We got married in June at Misselwood, and Fireside is one of 3 of the venue's selected caterers. We had a great tasting experience, and were even more impressed by the final product on the day of. Jessica was wonderful to work with... Read More throughout the process, and answered our excessively detailed questions with patience. There are a LOT of options for apps and entrees, and we found them to be the most in line with the kind of "foodie" food we like to eat and wanted to share with our guests. Our guests could not stop talking about the filet--it was perfectly cooked, which exceeded my expectations when preparing for 100+ people. The event staff made everything run smoothly, and paced everything perfectly in time with the other events of the evening. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 S. C

We worked with Tim from Fireside for our wedding at the Bradley Estate and from day one, he was on top of everything. We couldn't have asked more from him as our coordinator throughout the entire wedding planning process. After our final venue walk through, we left without... Read More having a single worry or question about what was going to happen on the day of our wedding, we felt like Tim had it all covered and even if something unexpected came up, we knew he would figure it out. In addition to Tim, the entire Fireside catering team provided impeccable service on the day of the wedding and were super nice and accommodating.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Brenna M

We found Fireside Catering to be very professional to work with, specifically Maura McCarthy, the wedding coordinator at Fireside for the Crane Estate. Fireside is the exclusive caterer for events at the Crane Estate where we held our wedding, and we can recommend Maura and... Read More Fireside unreservedly. Maura did an excellent job helping us think through and plan the event from ceremony through the reception. The staff at the day of the event were responsive and very customer focused. Many of our wedding guests said that the food was the best they have had at any wedding, and it was certainly very good. We also want to highlight again how impressed we were with Maura's responsiveness with any questions or concerns we had about the wedding event. She always got back to us in short order with the right information. In summary, Fireside Catering helped to make our wedding celebration a wonderfully memorable event.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Cynthia Farro F

We contracted Fireside Catering to handle the bulk of our wedding this past August at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum. We were delighted with their execution of our special day. We worked closely with Jessica Belanger during the process. She represented her company impressively... Read More while finessing our special requests and various questions. During our process, Jessica was professional and easy to work with. We thought their array of hors d'oevres and meal selection made it easy for us to select appropriately for our wedding party. After going to the tasting, we quickly figured out that their presentation also stood out compared to others we had seen/tasted. On our wedding day, Fireside Catering executed famously. The team handled the set up, schedule, cues and breakdown to our expectations. The dishes resembled what we had seen during our tasting, from looks, proportions and to taste. Though there were a couple things that we believe they can improve, Fireside Catering rocked our event.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 GABRIELLE A

What do guests remember most about weddings? FOOD. What's even better about great food? Knowing where all the ingredients came from! Fresh food and ingredients were very important to my husband and I. When we found fireside and their farm-to-table philosophy, we knew it would be... Read More a perfect fit. Our guests are still raving about the food and it's been a month!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Katie V

We were so happy that we chose Fireside for our June 26, 2016 wedding at Glen Magna Farms! We first came in contact with Fireside at a friend's wedding in 2015 and were very impressed with both the food and service- and so when we saw that they were on the list of exclusive... Read More vendors for our venue, we were thrilled. Working with Fireside through our wonderful contact Jessica was so easy and stress-free; we loved working with her! On our wedding day itself, everything was perfect, thanks to our event manager Caroline and her wonderful team. The servers were incredibly friendly and professional, and the food was delicious. We got so many compliments on how tasty the food was, and the presentation of everything was exactly what we had wanted. Thank you, Fireside! We plan to let all of our newly engaged friends in the area know about this wonderful company.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Ashley R

So so happy with our choice to use Fireside for our wedding at Tower Hill! The food was amazing! The staff was attentive and professional! Jessica was great to work with in the planning process!

Wouldn't have been as phenomenal without Tim!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Valerie M

From the very first phone call to book a meeting to view The Fruitlands Museum to picking up vases we left after the wedding, we had nothing but exceptional service from the Fireside team, but especially Tim Holmes. I plan conferences as part of my job and deal with many hotels... Read More and rental facilities and none of them compare to Tim. He was very detail-oriented and beyond helpful with the silly questions I asked. The accommodations that both Tim and the catering made for some of my crazy family, were just unbelievable. My mother has a hard time with a lot of food and she said that everything they did for her was fantastic! If I could work with Tim for all of my work-related functions, I would every time. I can be a control-freak perfectionist and Tim and his team gave me the confidence to not worry one bit. And, it was a flawless day. As for the food, it was phenomenal. The catering team introduced my husband and I to some new foods at the tasting that we were quite honestly hesitant about, but now eat all the time. The team from Fireside Catering really made the day one our guests and we will never forget.

Caterer

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Suzie C

The food provided by Fireside Catering was out of this world! It was extremely tasty and each meal was paired together so beautifully. My guests thoroughly enjoyed every course. I got to deal directly with Amy Hudon, and she was absolutely amazing! I couldn't have done it... Read More without her. She was communicative and efficient and made sure I had nothing to worry about on my special day. Thank you for the exceptional level of service. I highly recommend using Fireside Catering.

My guests loved the food!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Amy A

I loved working with Fireside Catering for my wedding! My guests are still talking about the food!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Erin S

Fireside is the exclusive caterer to the Bradley Estate where we got married last month. Heather was our contact person/catering manager through Fireside, as the venue itself does not have a contact person. Unfortunately we had a bad experience overall. The 2 stars are for the... Read More excellent waitstaff, the food during cocktail hour (including an amazing raw bar) and the chef's easy ability to safely accommodate our guests with food allergies. Planning was challenging with Heather. I often felt more organized than her. She was unresponsive at times (once she didn't respond to an email of mine after 10 days) and often disorganized. When we first met Heather she appeared very competent and confident in her skills as a wedding planner which contributed to why we ultimately decided to get married in this year instead of next year - we planned our wedding in 4 months which felt doable and Heather agreed. Things went down hill from there but only with Fireside - we did not have issues with any other vendors. (As an aside: I highly recommend planning a wedding in 4-6 months.) Overall communication was a huge problem. Day-of there were also issues with the quality and consistency of the reception food and communication with other Fireside staff. If there were only one or two miscommunications/instances of poor communication I would chalk it up to a busy employee or just normal human error but in our experience there was a clear pattern of miscommunication. At one point in the planning, we thought about canceling and losing our deposit so that we could work with another caterer at another venue because it really was that bad. If there was the option to use another caterer and stay at our chosen venue we absolutely would have taken that action regardless of the non-refundable deposit.

2015-10-28T07:03:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review; as hard as it is to read, this feedback is very valuable to us. I am truly sorry that your experience was not up to our usual standards and that I was not... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Jonathan K

Good wedding food. Hired Fireside catering for our wedding at Glen Magna Farms in Danvers in August 2014. Food was good. Servers were professional. Fireside has lots of options. Somewhat inefficient to work with. Not very forthcoming with options or suggestions. Provided... Read More counter productive layout suggestions. Tasting was private, but very limited. Took a lot of back and forth to plan the menu.

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Jonathan K

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Kit N

I am not a perfectionist but I wanted to throw a perfect event. Like most brides, I've never planned something like this before and had no idea how to go about it. Enter Fireside. Fireside just completed our wedding and I cannot say enough good things about them. Food... Read More quality was of utmost importance and they delivered. They helped us plan our menu and had excellent options for our gluten-free and vegan guests (the vegan samosas were especially loved by everyone!) the staff was phenomenal. They dealt very gracefully with our baby and child friendly guest list (the poor guys passing the appetizers were swarmed by children at times.) They helped with every aspect of the party and made my life so easy during the breakdown, helping us carry things to cars and recovering lost items. My guests commented about how great the staff was during and after the event - no one seemed like they were there just to collect a paycheck. they all behaved like they were happy to be there at our party and just wanted to make sure our every need was met. We couldn't have pulled off our wedding without Maura's assistance. She asked all the right questions and helped us prepare for all occasions. We just couldn't be happier!

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Jessica G

Working with Fireside at the Fruitlands Museum was an amazing experience. Tim, our wedding coordinator there took care of everything. He was amazingly accommodating and worked with us to perfect every last detail of our wedding. He was so easy to work with an really made the... Read More experience so amazing. The food itself was INCREDIBLE. All of our guests raved about it. Cocktail hour, dinner, gelato and cider donuts, it was all wonderful. Working with Tim to create the perfect menu was a breeze and he was great about giving suggestions and taking our requests into account. I would not hesitate to recommend Fireside Catering to anyone looking for unique, amazing, local food for their wedding.

We are foodies, and Fireside gets it.

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Jonathan A

Fireside has phenomenal quality food, great value, and excellent service. We had guest tell us it was the best food they had ever had at any wedding and they keep telling us how awesome the hors d'oeuvres were almost a month later. Their portions are huge too! Maura was awesome... Read More to work with. She was always accessible for our questions and willing to track down things like cheese from a local artisan for our antipasto. I want them to make me dinner every night. Food was very important to us and they did not disappoint.

Amazing food!

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Catharine S

The food was delicious! We loved that it was all seasonal, local food! Everyone kept raving about how much they loved the food! The staff was helpful and friendly. We loved it!

Simply outstanding !

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Stephanie

My husband and I went with Fireside Catering because they were contracted with our venue LaBelle Winery to provide the food for our special day. They are "farm to fork" and not cheap, but so so worth the money. Typically, food selection is the most critiqued at weddings and our... Read More guests are still raving about the food! We could not have been happier with all of the food served from cocktail hour 'til dinner. We worked with Amy Hudon and I cannot say enough about her! I simply love her! She feels more like a friend now than just someone we did wedding business with. I feel like I'm having email withdrawals! She was so friendly, kind, polite, accommodating and just a pleasure to work with! She made the wedding planning process so much easier on me and was so helpful with all areas of planning vs. just the food. She is a tremendous asset to this company and they should seriously give her a raise.. she deserves it! You will not regret going with Fireside- they are incredible!

Fantastic Food & Impeccable, Unobtrusive Service

Reviewed on 8/06/2014 Catherine H

We were married at Fruitlands Museum in Harvard, MA, on July 4, 2014. Tim Holmes was a thorough professional throughout the planning process. He was always punctual, informative, flexible, and genuinely interested in making our day special. Moe and the rest of the Fireside... Read More Catering staff were equally professional. The staff was all smiles and blended unobtrusively into our gathering of friends and family, and the food was fantastic. From start to finish, our ceremony and reception were joyful and worry-free, and this is largely due to their experience and competence. The site is beautiful, and despite rain from Hurricane Arthur, Fruitlands was the perfect venue for our wedding. The views on Prospect Hill are stunning, and under the tent with the rain outside, it was intimate and romantic. We have no second thoughts about choosing Fruitlands and Fireside for our wedding, and we look forward to visiting them for future anniversaries.

Caterer

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Amy G

The food is amazing. Most of it is grown locally on their farm. They are very willing to accommodate everyone's dietary restrictions. Jessica was great to work with. She was very accessible to answer questions through email. The staff serving at the wedding was very... Read More efficient and made sure that we got to eat too. Would definitely recommend them.

Delicious, thoughtful, and attentive catering

Reviewed on 3/31/2014 Sarah H

My husband and I got married this past October at the Crane Estate in Ipswich, MA. The team at Fireside Catering (particularly Maura McCarthy) was amazing. My husband and I love cooking and eating and so the wedding food was one of the most important aspects of the celebration... Read More for us. We did a lot of research to find a caterer who would make use of the bounty of amazing local produce, meats, and cheeses, as well as providing excellent food. We worked poor Maura hard, really wanting to get the menu as good as it could be. All along, the team was open to our suggestions and engaged in the process, making great suggestions. In addition to our high maintenance desires for the meal, we had a lot of dietary restrictions and needs that had to be catered to for the meal. I, the bride, have a wheat allergy, several guests had nut allergies, and a number of individuals were vegan or vegetarian. Fireside Catering met all of our needs happily. Though there were a few minor miscommunications (more to do probably with our nit-picking than anything else), but these were quickly cleared up. The tasting experience was a dream, just as good as going to a nice restaurant for a meal. We had a large wedding and were totally mobbed by guests almost the whole time. I've often heard brides and grooms say they didn't get a bite of food all night - I can't sympathize even a little bit. The Fireside team dedicated a special waiter just to my husband and I, who followed my husband and I around all evening making sure we had plenty of food. She even fended off guests who tried to take something from our tray! They did a number of other things to make sure that we were well and fully fed. While the food, of course, wasn't as amazing as the tasting (where they were cooking just for two), it was the best wedding food we've ever tasted. We both HIGHLY recommend Fireside Catering.

Beautiful, seasonal, and delicious

Reviewed on 11/30/2013 Nicole F

Fireside catering was professional every steps of the way. The food was beautifully presented and people are still commenting how wonderfully delicious it was! Food was one of top 3 most important items and they hit it out of the park!

Delicous Food

Reviewed on 10/12/2013 Emily W

Our venue was contracted with Fireside, so we did not have to choose a caterer. We were able to have a "tasting" by having dinner at one of their restaurants and it was delicious. The food at the wedding was awesome. Almost all guests said it was the best food they have had at a... Read More wedding. We were able to choose from variety of options and everything turned out great!

Fantastic Wedding Caterer!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Alida J

Maura at Fireside was great to work with. She tailored the menu options to meet our preferences. They were able to be accomodating of all allergies at the wedding, including dairy and gluten, and were able to offer our vegetarian dinner option in vegan. The services was... Read More flawless, and the servers even tried to make sure that my wife and I were offered hors d'oeuvres while we completed our photo session. Everything was delicious, and we would absolutely choose them again.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Rachael K

Fireside catering was the exclusive caterer for our wedding venue (LaBelle Winery). All of the food that we selected was prepared perfectly and tasted delicious. All of the offerings were locally grown or organic, farm raised (this is why the higher price per head). Service at... Read More the reception was great and all staff members were professional.

Start a Conversation!