Fitzgerald's Fine Catering Since 1948

Bridgeport, CT

"We make you a guest at your own party."

Fitzgerald's Fine Catering Since 1948, the name in catering synonymous with style and elegance. We provide a menu to excite your palate, experienced personnel, polished silver, china, rich linens and elegant serving accessories. Serving the families of Connecticut with experience for over 60 years

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Italian, Latin American, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Passed Appetizers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

150 Bennett Street, Bridgeport, CT (800) 368-1823

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Chelsea C

It's been a year since our wedding and I'm ashamed to just be writing this review, because Nick was AMAZING. Amazing. And not just in a "it was my wedding so everything was great and perfect and the best and mine" kind of way. My husband and I are super non-traditional but total... Read More foodies...we mixed New Orleans with Connecticut at Lighthouse Point in the most fun, casual, hodge-podge way. We didn't do a tasting, and didn't even meet Nick until the wedding night. In very non-CT (but very Southern) style, we did not have a plated dinner OR assigned seats because we wanted max dancing/max fun/minimum sitting. It all worked out perfectly. People still come up to me at other people's weddings and sheepishly tell me they dream of Nick's food (primarily the brisket, raw bar, tacos, and mac and cheese), and our brass band when they go to a wedding. Though it's clear that he would be incredible for all of your sit-down dinner, fine-dining needs, Nick dealt with our casual, "not-wedding-people" approach to planning and helped us may the day supremely delicious and memorable. Fitzgerald's is the BEST.

2016-08-28T10:55:29 Response from the vendor

It's never too late to remember the yummy muffulettas! Your day was unique, fun and awesome! MORE PLEASE:)

Fantastic!!!

Reviewed on 4/09/2013 Jillian M

Nicholas is a dream to work with! He had wonderful suggestions to get us started, let us create our own unique menu, and has more or less held my hand through the process of creating our own bar. Other caterers we considered had very rigid menus and pricing structures. Nicholas... Read More really listened to what we wanted, answered all our questions, and didn't base our pricing on a pre-set package. Personal attention, delicious food, and great value- you won't be sorry if you go with Fitzgerald's!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Lauren K

Absolutely perfect service. Nick worked with us to stay within our budget. The catering service went flawlessly on our big day. The staff was quick, attentive and friendly. The food was amazing and all our guests raved about it. They set the table beautifully too. Just how we... Read More wanted it.

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Allison D

Nick and his staff did an amazing job at our wedding! He was super easy to work with and helped to make the day go as smoothly as possible! Everything was set up beautifully, the food was great and the staff was great!

2017-01-19T16:55:54 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure:) You made the Lounsbury House shine!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Karl P

Nicholas and his crew of chefs and caterers do amazing work. He took the time to meet with us on a Saturday, in the middle of prepping for another event, so we could try samples of his food. He also was completely flexible when we wound up having to change venues. Then... Read More there's the food. What an I say about the food. We got married on the weekend of memorial day, and at a family labor day BBQ we were still hearing complements about the food. The on-site team kept everything moving like clockwork, and handled every request we had with grace and efficiency. We couldn't have asked for a better partner.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Dexter M

Fitzgerald's Fine Catering did an absolutely amazing job!!!! It's been almost three months and people are still raving about the food. From the initial food tasting session, to the on-site consultations and all the way up to the big day, Nick was incredibly accessible, always... Read More responsive to our millions of questions (even late at night), and the food was amazing. We had so many great appetizers, we actually FORGOT what we had ordered! The wait staff was also incredibly professional, and they enjoyed themselves just as much as our guests did. One of the waiters realized my husband and I hadn't eaten a thing all day and quietly set aside a plate of all our appetizers and directed us to a private space where we could eat a little something. They also made sure our reception layout was flawless - we even forgot some small details that they picked up for us. They brought fresh-cut flowers to put out on our candy bar station to enhance the table, totally above and beyond what we could have ever asked for. The bartender made the drinks good and strong, but not too strong, and he made sure all the guests kept their spirits up and were in a good mood. The only thing I wish was different was during the clean up, they were so efficient about it that a few people lost their candy bags, but we had a enough leftover to offer replacements during the brunch the next day. Overall, this was the best deal for the money we paid. Here was our menu if you're wondering: layout hors D’oeuvres Cheese board with grapes and apples Fresh melons & pineapple Veggie Chips & Spinach Dip Hot Crab Dip w/sliced baguettes Passed hors D’Oeuvres Asparagus & prosciutto w garlic goat cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes Crab Cakes Bacon & Scallops Stuffed mushrooms w/sausage & black olive Veggie Quiche Veggie Spring Rolls Buffet Carved to order grilled marinated flank steak Herb Chicken Breast w/mango salsa Grilled Eggplant, squash, zucchini & Belgian Pepper Basmati Rice w/roasted mushrooms & Shallots Baby Greens Salad w/Vinaigrette Crusty French Rolls & Butter Dessert Wedding Cake (supplied by DiMare’s) Coffee, Tea, Cream & Sugar (silver service) We would 1000% recommend them for anyone's wedding in Connecticut, or anywhere in the surrounding area. They even included all the linens, flatware, plates and silver service in the catering price, and we got a deal on our bartender. The also put out all of our centerpieces exactly the way we wanted them! I cannot say enough great things about this team.

2016-09-12T16:11:34 Response from the vendor

What a great crowd! The singing, the singing:):):) It was great to be part of your launch into all the adventures to come.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Joe P

Our July 22 wedding was catered by Nick and his team at Fitzgeralds Fine Catering. I met with many different catering services before deciding on Fitzgeralds. The menu options are endless, he communications were immediate and the flow of service was impeccable. All the guests... Read More raved about the entrees and loved the strawberry shortcake & cookie bar. Nick was an amazing contribution to our lighthouse point wedding and it wouldn't have been the same if we had chosen otherwise.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016

My wife and I are newlyweds as we recently got married during MDW at Light House Point in New haven, CT. We choose Fitzgerald's Fine Catering because of their reviews, reputation and their willingness to make sure our day would be most special. The food at the wedding was... Read More incredible. The guests were talking about how good the food was for days after the event. It was that good. Our cocktail hour started a little early and lasted longer than expected but, they were ready. The wait staff kept bringing out Hors d'oeuvres until it was time for the guests to be seated. Dinner was amazing. Fitzgerald's Fine Catering Chicken Marsala might have been the best I have ever had. We chose to go with a buffet so our guests could try a bit of everything and it was spectacular. All the dishes and sides were outstanding. Fitzgerald's Fine Catering realizes that the Bride and Groom are extremely busy. They make this one part of the day seamless. We ordered special chairs for our guests that came individually wrapped. Their wait staff came early to set them up. We had hired a decorator (www.morethanamomenteventdesign.com) and she wanted to set up the tables early. Originally, Fitzgerald's Fine Catering was going to set up the tables and instead of us having to go and pick up the table clothes and bring them to the decorator. He shipped them to her at no additional cost for us. We were able to drop decorations off before the wedding so we did not have to worry about them on the wedding day. After the wedding was over, they took stuff back to their facility and we picked them up days later. Fitzgerald's Fine Catering makes that special day all about you and you will not have to sweat the small stuff.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Dan M

We worked with Nicholas and his team for catering at our outdoor wedding at Preston Ridge Vineyard in Connecticut. His team had never worked at that particular venue, so we arranged a meeting at the vineyard so Nicholas could physically see the space and meet us and the vineyard... Read More owner in person. We were so impressed with his professional, yet laid back attitude. We were planning our wedding from out of state, and Nicholas was very flexible and easy to work with via email and phone call. The end product was absolutely phenomenal. All of our wedding guests raved about the food and the friendly servers, and the vineyard owner said Nicholas and his team were fabulous to work with from their perspective, too. We were thrilled with everything that Fitzgerald's Fine Catering provided us and would recommend their services to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Georgina Y

Hiring Fitzgerald's was the absolute best decision we made for our wedding. Nicholas was so easy to work with and the food was amazing (my guests are still raving about it). The best part, though, was how Fitzgerald's really made our party come together. I had absolutely no... Read More stress at my wedding due entirely to Nicholas's team's competence and professionalism. We were so lucky to have Fitzgerald's cater our wedding.

Above and Beyond Expectations

Reviewed on 2/16/2015 Kristin D

Planning/Booking: We sat down with Nicholas and went over our ideas, budget and atmosphere we would like to set at our wedding reception. He offered a lot of recommendations and guidance, filling us in on all of the ways to achieve the type of reception we had envisioned within... Read More our budget, along with providing us some great hors d'oeuvres to snack on throughout our meeting. After meeting with several caterers we went with Fitzgerald's because the level of communication stood out. Nicholas was quick to respond to questions and able to walk us through the entire event process while itemizing all of the details. Other caterers that we had met with responded with very canned/prepackaged proposals and sales pitches, we felt that Nicholas truly listened and cared. The Event: They arrived early, quickly setup and had everything ready to go prior to guest arrival. We had large groups of people arriving by bus and were concerned about immediate crowding at the bar, this wasn't an issue, and service was superb. As we moved through our reception greeting guests, we found everyone extremely pleased and vocal about how good the food was, especially the crab dip. The quality of service was excellent and we were well taken care of. Final Notes: It's important to add that we DID NOT have a wedding planner, so we had to make sure that everything was in place and coordinate the event setup, wedding party, photography, transportation, timing, and everything else happening at our own reception. A lot of vendors had questions before and during our reception... This was not the case with Nicholas and his team. They came in and put on a perfect performance. There weren't any questions or any day-of confusion and we can't thank them enough for that. All of our guests were incredibly pleased with the food and service and we couldn't be happier.

AMAZING Lighthouse Point Park Wedding!

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Laura A

Nicholas catered our AMAZING wedding at Lighthouse Point Park this past October. We interviewed a few caterers before choosing Nicholas and Fitzgerald's. He was down-to-earth, honest, and genuinely cared about making our event special. We felt like he wanted to get to know us,... Read More rather than feeling like "just another couple," as we felt at some other caterers. We knew we wanted something a little bit different and non-traditional to complement the venue, and he helped us create a boardwalk-themed menu that our guests raved about! With Nicholas' help, we were able to customize everything on our menu, even down to the cute containers he used to serve the dishes! We also loved that his staff could serve the liquor we purchased from another vendor, allowing us to serve the types of liquor we like best. We really got EXACTLY what we wanted at very reasonable prices. Without Nicholas and his staff, our wedding would not have been possible. We are eternally grateful and would highly recommend Fitzgerald's!

still eating delicious leftovers!

Reviewed on 7/04/2014 Diana K

Nick did our wedding last month in Groton Long Point, a gorgeous outdoor home we rented.... we had bacon wrapped scallops, asparagus, steak, it was all professionally prepared, delivered and tasted like heaven! Nick replied to our emails immediately, answering all my crazy... Read More bridal questions. Even with the bridal nerves, I ate a full plate of food! The bartenders were fun, and everything was packed professionally up afterward! We still have leftovers after this month, we were so happy with the service!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Julie M

Nick and his staff did an amazing job. Very well organized and the food was delicious. My guests are still raving on about it. His prices are very reasonable and he provides the linen too. He also handled the slipcovers for the chairs(for an extra cost per person) which was very... Read More helpful.

Awesome Caterer!

Reviewed on 9/11/2012 Justine D

Nick really makes you a guest at your own party! He was so easy to work with and so straight forward with pricing. There were no hidden costs or extra fees! The wedding was in my parents backyard and he did a awesome job with very little space to work with (garage). I wasn't... Read More bothered with any questions during my wedding....they figured everything out and it was great. The food was really good and there was something for everyone! I would definitely recommend.

All inclusive Caterer

Reviewed on 8/12/2012 Maria C

Nicholas caterer our wedding at the Lighthouse Point Park-Carousel House and was great! He worked with me on the menu helping it fit in the island waterfront wedding theme with his creative cuisine. Our guests raved over how terrific the food was and it’s presentation. The... Read More appetizers were amazing as well. Nicholas was kind enough to go above what my husband and I expected. His suggestions and advice were right on target. Thank you! Maria T. Spooner

Fitzgerald's Catering is the Best!

Reviewed on 9/22/2011 joy m

I highly recommend Fitzgerald's Catering. They are an absolute pleasure to work with from day 1 of planning to the day of your event. Nick is easy to get along with and will be there every step of the way. He is quick to respond to any of your needs or questions. They have... Read More extensive menu options and will tailor your menu to suit your needs and budget. My guests kept commenting on how amazing the food was during the entire reception. It was delicious and well presented. The staff was also very helpful. I highly recommend Fitzgerald's Catering for any event.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 6/30/2010 kathleen s

Nick and his staff were incredible! They were so calm and organized throughout the whole day that it really helped me relax and enjoy the AMAZING food. The hors d'oeuvres were especially yummy! My sister is still talking about how great everything was and she can't wait until... Read More she gets engaged so she can hire these guys for her day.