Alteration, preserve, restore, clean & press

Your dream gown deserves Five Star care and that is why brides nationwide count on Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists. We specialize in caring for your gown before, during, and after your wedding. We clean, press, restore, alter, custom redesigns, and preserve your wedding gown.

Alterations, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Fashion Services, Fashion

9806 Huebner Road suite 1, San Antonio, TX (210) 699-9464

Five Star Company

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 Joni S

I was married in November 2013 and my dress sat in my basement until I was able to find the right company to clean and preserve my gown. I was so excited when I stumbled upon Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists. I sent my dress to the team at Five Star as I am not local to San... Read More Antonio. They were so great with communication as they called me to let me know it arrived and they would take special care of my dress. The quality of service that Five Star provided was not only outstanding but exceeded my expectations. It took a few weeks for them to preserve my dress and then they sent it back to me. They called me with all the shipping information and to let me know when to receive it, I was beyond thrilled with the quality of service and care that was given to my dress as well as me. Thank you to the Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists for helping me finish the final task of my wedding!!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Laynie C

After months of wedding dress shopping I finally decided that I wanted to change up my mother's dress for my wedding day. We originally had taken it to five star to get restored, then ended up having them completely redo the whole gown. We had several sessions with them fitting... Read More and designing the gown to my liking. The ending result was beyond anything I could have ever imagined! My mother and I were so pleased with the ending result. Thank you five star for creating something so one-of-a-kind and meaningful to my mother and I. We could not have asked for a better experience!

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Patricia G

The staff at Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists are very nice and professional and or great to work with. Their expert staff helped me make all alterations needed to my wedding gown as well as have it pressed and ready when needed for bridal portraits. They will be cleaning my... Read More dressed for the wedding day as well. I highly recommend Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists for any alterations, cleaning or gown preservation needs.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017

I had a wonderful experience at Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists and I wanted to be sure to share that. I went there to have my wedding gown preserved and was pretty apprehensive to leave my gown with just anyone. After my first consultation, I was feeling super confident... Read More leaving my gown with them. When it was ready a few weeks later, it was as if someone had literally taken my gown inch by inch and made it perfect. Come to find out, that is exactly what they do there! Talk about attention to detail. My gown was perfect and I am so pleased to have it preserved for my future children and grandchildren.

Reviewed on 7/15/2017

I highly recommend Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists for gown work of any kind. I went there to get my dress altered after I first bought it. I went back there after I finished my bridal portraits to get it cleaned and pressed and then I went back for a third time to have my... Read More gown preserved. They should call it the “Five Star Wedding Gown Trifecta.” I make sure to tell anyone who gets engaged to go there so that they know since someone told me when I became engaged. Their work is top-notch!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017

I took my dress to Five Star Wedding Gown to see if they would be able to preserve my wedding gown that had a run-in with red wine. I thought if anyone would be able to get it out, it would be them and figured it would be worth a shot to see if they could. Marissa was the one... Read More who did my consultation. She was friendly and easy to get along with. She explained how the process worked and what to expect. I felt perfectly comfortable leaving my dress there. A few weeks later, I received a call to come and see my dress before they boxed it up. When I got there, I could not believe my eyes! The red wine stain was gone. GONE! As in, I couldn’t see even the tiniest trace of it where it had been on the dress. I was beyond thrilled with the work they did on my dress and I would recommend their work for anyone!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017

Nearly all of my wedding party needed alterations for their gowns. I needed alterations as well and I was already planning on having it cleaned and pressed after my bridal portraits, since I took the photos outdoors in Gruene and knew it would be getting super dirty as a... Read More result. So my bridesmaids and I headed to Five Star Wedding Gown for Phase 1: alterations. The ladies there were so very helpful and made the entire process a breeze. Phase 1 was a success and we got our dresses back quickly and all were perfect. Phase 2: cleaning and pressing was definitely a necessity after getting my portraits done and took it in the very next day to have that done. Phase 2 was completed perfectly as well and my dress was good as gold when they were done. I am so very pleased with my experience with Five Star Wedding Gown that I will be going back to get my gown preserved as well for a Phase 3. Thank you so much, ladies!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017

I went to Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to have my grandmother’s wedding gown restored and preserved. We didn’t even know that she still had it, but found it when we helped her move. It was in an old trunk and well-worn and a nice yellow-ish color. I wasn’t quite sure if... Read More they would be able to help out her gown, but I had seen some of the work they had previously done on their social media, so I thought we would just give it a shot. Marissa inspected it and assured me they had not only seen way worse, but that they were up to the challenge to get it back to what it once looked like. And that, they did. They are definitely miracle-workers! The dress looked EXACTLY like it had in my grandma’s wedding pictures! And my grandma was over-the-moon happy with how beautifully it came out. I am sure it brought back some of the fondest memories for her. Thank you, ladies, for the beautiful work you did! My family and I are beyond thrilled.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017

My best friend went to Five Star Wedding Gown to have her gown preserved and she had so many good things to say, so I ventured there to have my wedding gown preserved as well after I got married in March. The staff were friendly and helpful and made me feel comfortable leaving... Read More my gown with them. Just a few weeks later, it was done! I got to see it before they boxed it up and I nearly cried it was so perfect! I love, love, love it, just as I thought I would. I will cherish the memories for the rest of my life and I am so thankful they helped me to preserve that precious memory too.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017

When I went to get my bridal portraits taken, I had no idea that my dress would get as dirty as it did. Instead of freaking out, I took it to Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to get it cleaned and pressed before my wedding day. It didn’t take very long to get back to its... Read More beautiful original condition and it was back to being the most perfect gown for my big day. I will be back in the future!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017

I went to Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to have my gown preserved in the hopes of passing it on to future generations. It was seriously the best thing that I ever did for myself. Once it was completed, my dress was as stunning as the day that I tried it on and bought it.... Read More I have no idea how they do what they do, but they somehow made it perfect once again. I get it out every so often to just see it. Thank you for the wonderful work that you do!

2017-07-08T16:11:37 Response from the vendor

You are so welcome! Making brides happy is our number one goal!Thank you, for your kind words. -Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists

Reviewed on 7/07/2017

I go to Five Star Cleaners to get my clothes dry-cleaned and altered and I so I already knew about their gown services from that. I took my gown to Five Star Wedding Gown to get cleaned and pressed for my wedding and it turned out just beautifully! I am so grateful that they... Read More were able to do such a great job in such a short amount of time.

2017-07-08T16:19:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, it means so much to us when you take the time to share your experience with other brides. Congratulations on your wedding! -FSWGS

Reviewed on 7/06/2017

My wedding gown needed some alterations and some re-beading before my wedding day. I took it to Five Star Wedding Gown and it was done quickly, efficiently, and beautifully. I will definitely be going back there to have my gown preserved and have my mother’s preserved as... Read More well!

2017-07-08T16:25:28 Response from the vendor

We cant wait to have you back! Thank you for thinking of us and giving us such a kind review. -Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists

Reviewed on 7/06/2017

I took my wedding dress to Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to have it preserved. My dress was super dirty from all of the fun I had on my wedding day and I was not quite sure if they would be able to get all of the stains out. Marissa and Veronica were super friendly and... Read More made me feel comfortable. They were both very knowledgeable and I felt good knowing my gown was in great hands. A few weeks later and my gown is as good as new and perfectly preserved! I was absolutely THRILLED with the results and I love that they include a pair of white cotton gloves in the box so you can be sure your gown stays perfectly preserved. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

2017-07-08T16:28:04 Response from the vendor

YOU ROCK! Thank you for this awesome review! We are honored to take care of anyone you send our way. Congrats on your wedding!!! -FSWGS

Reviewed on 7/02/2017

I decided to use my mother’s gown from the 1970’s for my wedding gown. It had long sleeves, a long train, and actually needed to fit me and not look like I was 4 years old playing in my mother’s wedding gown. I had seen pictures of previous gown redesigns Five Star Wedding... Read More Gown had done before, so I thought they would be up for a good challenge. They basically used my mom’s gown as the base, and they “molded” and “sculpted” it much the same as an artist shapes a sculpture. The sleeves were removed. The train went bye-bye and the length was shortened. The stains were removed and it was cleaned and pressed. The dress was stunning and when I tried it on in front of my mom after it was done, we both cried! It was so awesome thinking that I had the best of both worlds: a gown that was my mother’s and an original, just for me! If you are even entertaining the thought of doing this, go see them! You will not be disappointed!

2017-07-08T16:33:24 Response from the vendor

We are so proud of our awesome seamstress, she has over 40 years of experience and puts her heart and soul in every precious gown she works on. Thank you, so much for the opportunity to help you reach you wedding gown dreams. Congratulation on... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/02/2017

My dream gown was an antique gown from the 1920’s that I found at an antique store. It was pretty yellow in color and was in desperate need of repair in order for me to wear it. I decided to go see if Five Star Wedding Gown could return this gown to its original condition so... Read More that I could wear it for my special day. They were very honest and up-front about everything and walked me through what all would happen. They even kept me informed along the way, which I really appreciated since I had put all of my eggs in one basket with this dress. They were able to perfectly restore it as well as alter it to fit my body. It definitely was a one-of-a-kind dress! Thank you ladies, for the best gown ever!

Reviewed on 7/01/2017

I got married a while back (June 2009) and had been putting off getting my gown preserved. It had actually been sitting in my parent’s attic for many of those years and needed some serious TLC after spending so much time in such hot conditions. I brought it to Five Star... Read More Wedding Gown thinking it might be a lost cause. It was not a lost cause because that is what they specialize in! They showed me pictures of some seriously worse-off gowns that turned out beautifully. Many, I could not even believe were the same gown! After seeing many examples of the work they have done, I knew I went to the right place! Getting my dress preserved was the best thing I ever did for myself and I am so glad I finally got it done!

Reviewed on 7/01/2017

I went to Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to have my gown preserved. I was super impressed with the ladies who work there. They were experts in various fabrics and knew exactly what they were working with when I brought my gown to them. The gown turned out beautifully and... Read More I am beyond thrilled with the results. PRO’s: Super attentive to your needs Very friendly Conveniently located on NW side of town, close to USAA & the Medical Center Accommodating store hours Willing to ship your gown anywhere in the world They seem to take great pride in their work Have someone who does alterations on staff Beautiful workmanship CON’s: I cannot think of any! I only wished I would have gone to them sooner!

Reviewed on 7/01/2017

The ladies at Five Star Wedding Gown really know what they are doing. I mean, really! I was super impressed with the alterations that needed to be done on my gown. I also had my gown clean and pressed before my wedding day as well. They pay attention to even the slightest of... Read More details on your gown. I will be going there soon to have it preserved so I can hand it down to future generations. Thank you, Marissa and Veronica!

Reviewed on 7/01/2017

The hubs and I decided to get married in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. I was super worried about how to get my dress over there safely. Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists cleaned, pressed, boxed and shipped my gown directly to our hotel! It was waiting for me when I... Read More arrived. The dress was perfect. You can tell they put so much care into what they do there. They seemed to handle my gown as if it were their own. I really appreciated that. I could not have asked for a better way for everything to turn out. My perfect day was exactly that…perfect and getting my gown there in one peace and ready to go helped to ensure that.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017

My mother recommended Five Star Wedding Gown to have my gown altered for my wedding day since that is where she had her gown restored and was thrilled with the results from that. She knew they would do a great job getting my gown to fit perfectly for my wedding day. And she... Read More was right! I was ecstatic with the way my dress came out. It was perfect and helped to contribute to my perfect day.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017

I went to Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to have my dress cleaned and pressed for my wedding and ended up finding a couple of perfect accessories while there! I found my perfect pair of earrings and a beautiful flower to adorn my hair too. The ladies are super friendly and... Read More are always eager to help out. I am so glad that I went there!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017

There is just no telling what I would have done without the ladies at Five Star Wedding Gown! They came to the rescue and actually hand-delivered my gown to my wedding location on my wedding day! It somehow got pretty dirty…in my closet! I still have no earthly idea how that... Read More happened (maybe my cat or dog is to blame?). But they were able to make it beautiful again and in the nick of time! They are amazing and I would recommend going there to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017

Five Star Wedding Gown is THE best place to go to get anything you need to your gown! I went there to have my dress altered before my wedding, they also cleaned and pressed it after my bridal portraits and before the wedding, and now I am back again to have it preserved. I am... Read More super impressed by the staff and have been telling everyone I know of my wonderful experiences with them. I hands-down recommend them for anything your gown might need!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017

I wanted to get my dress altered for my wedding day, since the dress I wanted to wear was actually a friend of mine’s. I took it to Five Star Wedding Gown and they not only altered it but made it into essentially a brand new gown! We pretty much redesigned the gown to make it... Read More my own. I had no idea they could even do that, but they can! The gown turned into the gown of my dreams and it helped make my day even more perfect. I could not have been any happier! Thank you!!!

2017-06-26T12:19:35 Response from the vendor

You're so welcome!We are so appreciative of your kind words, thank you. We understand planning a wedding is stressful enough on it's own, so with that in mind, we try our very best to make the alteration process as painless as possible. We hope you... Read Less Read More