Alteration preserve, restore,cleaning and pressing

Your dream gown deserves Five Star care and that is why brides nationwide count on Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists. We specialize in caring for your gown before, during, and after your wedding. We clean, press, restore, alter, custom redesigns, and preserve your wedding gown.

Alterations, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Fashion Services, Fashion

9806 Huebner Road suite 1, San Antonio, TX (210) 699-9464

Five Star Company

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 Joni S

I was married in November 2013 and my dress sat in my basement until I was able to find the right company to clean and preserve my gown. I was so excited when I stumbled upon Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists. I sent my dress to the team at Five Star as I am not local to San... Read More Antonio. They were so great with communication as they called me to let me know it arrived and they would take special care of my dress. The quality of service that Five Star provided was not only outstanding but exceeded my expectations. It took a few weeks for them to preserve my dress and then they sent it back to me. They called me with all the shipping information and to let me know when to receive it, I was beyond thrilled with the quality of service and care that was given to my dress as well as me. Thank you to the Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists for helping me finish the final task of my wedding!!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Laynie C

After months of wedding dress shopping I finally decided that I wanted to change up my mother's dress for my wedding day. We originally had taken it to five star to get restored, then ended up having them completely redo the whole gown. We had several sessions with them fitting... Read More and designing the gown to my liking. The ending result was beyond anything I could have ever imagined! My mother and I were so pleased with the ending result. Thank you five star for creating something so one-of-a-kind and meaningful to my mother and I. We could not have asked for a better experience!

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Patricia G

The staff at Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists are very nice and professional and or great to work with. Their expert staff helped me make all alterations needed to my wedding gown as well as have it pressed and ready when needed for bridal portraits. They will be cleaning my... Read More dressed for the wedding day as well. I highly recommend Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists for any alterations, cleaning or gown preservation needs.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016

I am super pleased with the level of care me and my gown received at Five Star. After the very first visit, I felt very comfortable leaving my gown with them for alterations. My gown was perfect when they were done and I will be going back in the future!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016

Great value, great service, great gown care! If you are looking for anything that you need done to your gown, call or go by. I am certainly glad I did. Had I known they can even redesign gowns, I would have gone with my mother's wedding gown, and had them redesign it. They... Read More did have to do some repairs on the gown I did choose in a very short amount of time and they also pressed it as well. I was beyond pleased with the results and how I was treated there. Thank you, ladies!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016

Marissa and the staff at Five Star Wedding Gown are top notch! Great customer service seems hard to come by these days. They put my mind at ease handing off my precious possession. My gown came out beautiful and I will be going back to preserve my dress. Highly recommend... Read More going here!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016

I went to Five Star Wedding Gown to have my gown altered. Their staff was friendly and pleasant and greeted me by name on subsequent visits. I cannot say enough good things about their great work and their timeliness for my gown to be completed. My gown turned out beautifully... Read More and I make sure to tell every future bride I know of what they can do for them.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016

My family and I used Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to restore my grandmother's wedding dress, so I was already super familiar with their superb work. I learned during that time that they could also do major gown work like essentially redesign a gown to suit your wants and... Read More needs. So when I wasn't able to find a perfect dress, I decided to use my mother's gown and make it the perfect dress for me. My mother's vintage, long-sleeved gown became a beautiful sleeveless piece that was stunning when completed. I will be preserving this gown with them as well in the hopes of my future daughter using it in her wedding.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016

These ladies have serious talent and their attention to detail is something I was super impressed with. I wanted to preserve my dress in order to pass it on to my future children and my dress was more beautiful than the day that I bought it! It is perfectly preserved in a... Read More beautiful box and it feels really great knowing that my gorgeous gown isn’t going to deteriorate or age or fall apart by hanging out in a trunk in my attic.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016

When I purchased my wedding dress a year or so before the wedding, I had no idea how much weight I would lose when I started going to the gym more. I ended up losing almost 15 pounds and my dress felt like it was falling off of me. I took it to Five Star Wedding Gown, and... Read More they altered it to absolute perfection. It fit like a glove and I felt on top of the world on one of the biggest days of my life. Thanks, y’all for all of the work that you did!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016

5 Stars for Five Star! I am super impressed with Five Star since they were able to get my wedding gown and a number of my bridesmaid's gowns altered in a pinch! It was a great experience that I am happy to share with others. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and super... Read More easy to work with. They put my mind at ease placing the delicate care of my gown in the hands of others. Thank you so much, ladies!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016

Definitely recommend these ladies for any gown work you need to have done. My gown needed some pretty complicated alterations to make it fit right and they also found some beading that needed repair too. The alterations and repairs were done quickly and the price was... Read More reasonable. When it was all said and done, it was absolutely perfect and I am one happy customer.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016

Five Star really saved the day for me and my gown after I spilled some green juice on it before my wedding. I thought the dress was ruined. They managed to get it back to the way it was and I was thrilled with the results.

2016-09-13T10:46:33 Response from the vendor

We are truly honored to have been a part of making your big day extra special. We are here whenever you need us. - Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists

Reviewed on 9/11/2016

Wow! These ladies do a tremendous job and I cannot say enough great things about them. They were able to re-bead some of the beading of my wedding dress bodice after some of the beads popped off from my stupid watch. It was back to the pristine condition in which I bought it... Read More in no time. Thanks, ladies!

2016-09-13T10:58:55 Response from the vendor

You are so welcomed! Thank you for your acknowledgement; we try our very best to make your gown as perfect as possible. - Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists

Reviewed on 9/10/2016

My wedding day was soon approaching, and I realized that it had some make-up smudges that must have happened during the bridal portraits. After panicking to the point of becoming almost hysterical, I called a few girlfriends who recommended going by Five Star Wedding Gown... Read More Specialists. I am so very happy I went there since they were able to clean and press my dress to the point where it looked as good as the day that I bought it in the store and they were able to do this in a very short amount of time. I highly recommend their services to anyone and everyone! Thank you ladies for my perfect dress!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016

My gown didn’t fit quite right since I kept losing and gaining weight from all of the wedding planning stress. The ladies at Five Star Wedding Gown were incredibly gracious and patient with me and my dress was perfect. I am so thankful for the beautiful work that they did on... Read More my dress and the fact that they could accommodate me with all of the weight loss and gain. If you need anything done to your gown…seriously…anything!...do not hesitate to go and see these ladies!!!

2016-09-13T11:04:13 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words! Brides like you make our job worthwhile. Our amazing seamstress makes these special alterations possible. - Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Denise K

I had my gown preserved at Five Star Wedding Gown and it came out beautifully. My gown was incredibly dirty from all of the dancing and since the floor had sawdust on them, I was a little apprehensive that those stains would still be there when I got it back. I was pleasantly... Read More surprised that my gown was absolutely SPOTLESS when I received it! They call when it is ready so you can go see it before they box it up, and it was perfect. I am so happy that this dress will be perfect forever and that my future daughter(s) can wear it if they so choose.

2016-09-13T11:07:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for using our services and allowing us to show you what we are made of! We do our best, on even the most challenging gowns. Congratulations on your wedding. - Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists

Reviewed on 9/03/2016

Five Star helped my dream gown fit like a glove for my wedding day and I couldn’t have been any happier about the work they did! Everyone was super nice and easy to work with. They put my mind at ease with the first appointment. It takes a lot of nerve to leave your precious... Read More gown in the hands of someone else, but the ladies made it easy and put my mind at ease. I highly recommend if your gown needs anything!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016

I found an amazing wedding gown online, but when I received it, it didn’t quite fit like I thought it would. With the help of the ladies at Five Star, it fit like a glove on my wedding day. I am incredibly grateful for their knowledge and expertise and will recommend them to... Read More all of my friends and family.

Reviewed on 7/30/2016

I wanted to wear my mother’s wedding dress at my own wedding. I wasn’t quite sure how I would pull it off, being as the styles were so different back then and I wanted something like the styles I see today. Five Star far exceeded anything I could ever imagine. I felt... Read More completely at ease after the first fitting about leaving my mother’s precious gown in their care. They used my mother’s dress to make the dress of my dreams. It became the dress of my dreams and I have those ladies to thank for this. Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

The ladies at FSWGS were able to get my bridesmaid dress cleaned and pressed in a pinch after I accidentally spilled coffee on it while trying to decide between which shoes I would wear. I am forever grateful to them for saving me and saving my dress too!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016

We had a hand-me-down Baptismal gown that has been handed down over the generations for quite some time and it was in desperate need of restoration. I took it to FSWGS and it looks like the pictures I have of my great-grandma when it was first worn! I am so glad it is restored... Read More so that now it won’t fall apart.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016

I was in desperate need of alterations for my wedding dress after ordering it online and needed them done in a hurry. FSWGS came to the rescue and had it perfectly done quickly! I will be taking any and all of my special occasion gowns to them in the future.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016

I took my mother’s wedding dress to Five Star to be preserved and we could not be happier with the result. Every single inch of her gown was perfectly preserved. You can tell that a lot of time and effort went in to her gown and that it wasn’t just put through some machine. I... Read More even got to see it before it was put in the box to make sure it was to my liking. I highly recommend their services to anyone considering needing anything done with their gown.