Alteration, preserve, restore, clean & press

Your dream gown deserves Five Star care and that is why brides nationwide count on Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists. We specialize in caring for your gown before, during, and after your wedding. We clean, press, restore, alter, custom redesigns, and preserve your wedding gown.

Alterations, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Fashion Services, Fashion

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

9806 Huebner Road suite 1, San Antonio, TX (210) 699-9464

Five Star Company

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 Joni S

I was married in November 2013 and my dress sat in my basement until I was able to find the right company to clean and preserve my gown. I was so excited when I stumbled upon Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists. I sent my dress to the team at Five Star as I am not local to San... Read More Antonio. They were so great with communication as they called me to let me know it arrived and they would take special care of my dress. The quality of service that Five Star provided was not only outstanding but exceeded my expectations. It took a few weeks for them to preserve my dress and then they sent it back to me. They called me with all the shipping information and to let me know when to receive it, I was beyond thrilled with the quality of service and care that was given to my dress as well as me. Thank you to the Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists for helping me finish the final task of my wedding!!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Laynie C

After months of wedding dress shopping I finally decided that I wanted to change up my mother's dress for my wedding day. We originally had taken it to five star to get restored, then ended up having them completely redo the whole gown. We had several sessions with them fitting... Read More and designing the gown to my liking. The ending result was beyond anything I could have ever imagined! My mother and I were so pleased with the ending result. Thank you five star for creating something so one-of-a-kind and meaningful to my mother and I. We could not have asked for a better experience!

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Patricia G

The staff at Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists are very nice and professional and or great to work with. Their expert staff helped me make all alterations needed to my wedding gown as well as have it pressed and ready when needed for bridal portraits. They will be cleaning my... Read More dressed for the wedding day as well. I highly recommend Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists for any alterations, cleaning or gown preservation needs.

Reviewed on 12/23/2017 M T

❤👰

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Aminta A

I bought my gown second hand. The original bride took her dress to be cleaned and preserved by Five Star back in 2010 or so. From what I can tell the bust area remains stained and with a stain on the lower skirt. Overall these stains are hard to notice so overall I think they... Read More did a pretty good job and there are no signs of yellowing of the dress all these years. The original bride really did a great job following storing instructions as well. However being OCD I picked up on these areas and wanted them cleaned better. I contacted Five Star as they originally did the preservation and they have the dress on file - it was noted to be a rainy day and the hem and bust areas were soiled. They told me that what is there will likely stay based on what I described. I took careful pictures to send to Five Star for further advice and see what they can offer and got no response. Keep in mind I said up front I would not mind paying for it to be re-cleaned. So overall impression I would say 4/5 for original cleaning and preservation. The silk remains lustrous and the delicate beading intact and flawless. However not all stains were removed, or they may have been latent stains that over time oxidized and discolored the fabric. My overall 2/5 experience is more for the bride who opens up her preservation box maybe 10 years down the road and not satisfied with what she finds. I was very hopeful to see all the 5 star reviews and really expected the vendor to be more helpful and stand behind their original work and was really disappointed. I ended up sending my dress to another expert member of the Wedding Gown Specialists who was so much more helpful and willing to answer my questions via email.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Jillian M

This place is run by a squad of ultra-patient fairy godmothers. I changed my mind the whole time my dress was being altered. The top of my dress was sheer with heavy beading covering all of the important parts, but out of concern for a potential wardrobe malfunction, I asked... Read More them to add a lining, which I then decided I didn't like anymore and had them take it back out. I added a bustle, then didn't want a bustle, then decided I needed the buste. I also decided last minute to change dresses completely for the reception. Honestly, I was pretty irritated with myself, but if they were, it never showed for a minute. They were so sweet and understanding and accommodating from the start to the finish. Veronica in particular was great to work with. Any time I called and gave my name, she knew exactly who I was, which dress was mine, and what the status was. Maybe it's because I was such a pain, but I like to think it's because she's super attentive to each and every bride. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017

I am so very impressed with the work that I had done at Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists. I called them a few months away from my wedding day and needed some last-minute alterations. I almost just let the dress be as it was, a little loosey-goosey, but I figured I would at... Read More least try to see if they could help me out. Marissa and Veronica were wonderful to work with and the seamstress had my dress perfectly fixed up in no time! I am so happy I decided to call and I was just thrilled they made my gown actually fit me for my big day.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017

I went to Five Star Wedding Gown to have my dress clean and pressed after getting it super dirty after my bridal portraits. It came back good as new and I will be using them again in the future to have my gown preserved!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017

I used Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to have my wedding gown altered for my wedding day. The train was too long. I ended wanting to shorten the sleeves. It also was a tad too big. They were able to do all of those things BEAUTIFULLY! The dress was just perfect and I... Read More could not be any happier. Thank you, ladies!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Andrea S

Five Star Wedding Gown is the absolute best and they know exactly what they are doing! I was so very impressed with my alterations and clean/press for my wedding day that I went back to them to have my gown preserved. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017

I utilized Five Star Wedding Gown to alter my gown significantly before my wedding. The gown that I fell in love with was a tad too big and I did not want to look like I was swimming in the gown for my wedding day. The train was also a tad too long for my taste, so that needed... Read More some adjustments too. The dress came out PERFECTLY and fit like a glove for my wedding in June. I could not have been any happier with everything! Thank you ladies!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017

I went to Five Star Wedding Gown to get my wedding gown preserved after my wedding this past May. I wanted to be sure I could have it for my future children to see/wear if they so choose. The consultation was painless and the staff made me feel right at home. I felt... Read More comfortable leaving my gown with them. You get to see your gown before they get it in the big white box, so that is awesome. When I got the call that it was all boxed up and ready to take home, I nearly cried. It was all so perfect and I am so happy I have this treasure for generations to come.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017

I decided to go to Five Star Wedding Gown to have my dress altered as well as clean and pressed. The price was reasonable and they had it all ready to go in a short amount of time. I was treated with the utmost respect and trusted them with my gown. I was super pleased with... Read More all of their services and I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017

Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists did a fabulous job on my gown preservation and it was a very pleasant experience. After my initial consultation, I felt super comfortable leaving my gown with them. They called me when it was time to come see it to be sure it was perfect... Read More before they boxed it up! It was just beautiful. It comes in a beautiful box with your own set of white gloves too. I love all of those little details to make sure our gown stays perfect forever.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017

Hands-down THE best place to go to in San Antonio to have anything done to your gown! I couldn’t have been any more pleased with the ridiculous amount of work they did on my gown! They basically had to re-design the whole thing and it came out better than I could have ever... Read More imagined. I also had it cleaned and pressed after my bridal portraits. I will be going there to have my gown preserved next year too. Thank you, ladies, for everything!!

2017-08-03T16:36:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words, we truly appreciate you. We wish you and your lots of love and happiness. We will be here after your wedding day to clean and preserve your beautiful gown. Thanks again, - FSWGS

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Alexandra S

I did my research before choosing a place to take my wedding dress to for alterations. I was willing to pay as long as they did a great job and this place was the best rated. I took my dress for alterations and at the final fitting still had a large gap between my breast and... Read More dress they said they couldn't do anything more. My 90-yr old grandmother had to fix it the night before my wedding. I was disappointed they couldn't do what took her 10 minutes to fix after paying $600+ for alterations. I took my dress there again to be cleaned. They did a subpar job of cleaning and made me pay $200 prior to seeing the final result, and then requested another $300 even though the stain was not out. When I asked to speak with the owner she was out of town for 3 months and they couldn't help me. This was not the experience a bride hopes for. So now I'm out $200+ and my wedding dress because I can't justify paying the $300 when they weren't able to successfully clean my dress or provide good customer service. Please avoid this chain and take your items elsewhere.

2017-07-25T12:38:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, we value your views and opinions of our services. Positive or negative, we consider all feed back important for the growth of our company. Also, thank you for giving us a platform to clarify, recount and share your situation with... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/19/2017

I had a wonderful experience at Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists and I wanted to be sure to share that. I went there to have my wedding gown preserved and was pretty apprehensive to leave my gown with just anyone. After my first consultation, I was feeling super confident... Read More leaving my gown with them. When it was ready a few weeks later, it was as if someone had literally taken my gown inch by inch and made it perfect. Come to find out, that is exactly what they do there! Talk about attention to detail. My gown was perfect and I am so pleased to have it preserved for my future children and grandchildren.

Reviewed on 7/15/2017

I highly recommend Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists for gown work of any kind. I went there to get my dress altered after I first bought it. I went back there after I finished my bridal portraits to get it cleaned and pressed and then I went back for a third time to have my... Read More gown preserved. They should call it the “Five Star Wedding Gown Trifecta.” I make sure to tell anyone who gets engaged to go there so that they know since someone told me when I became engaged. Their work is top-notch!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017

I took my dress to Five Star Wedding Gown to see if they would be able to preserve my wedding gown that had a run-in with red wine. I thought if anyone would be able to get it out, it would be them and figured it would be worth a shot to see if they could. Marissa was the one... Read More who did my consultation. She was friendly and easy to get along with. She explained how the process worked and what to expect. I felt perfectly comfortable leaving my dress there. A few weeks later, I received a call to come and see my dress before they boxed it up. When I got there, I could not believe my eyes! The red wine stain was gone. GONE! As in, I couldn’t see even the tiniest trace of it where it had been on the dress. I was beyond thrilled with the work they did on my dress and I would recommend their work for anyone!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017

Nearly all of my wedding party needed alterations for their gowns. I needed alterations as well and I was already planning on having it cleaned and pressed after my bridal portraits, since I took the photos outdoors in Gruene and knew it would be getting super dirty as a... Read More result. So my bridesmaids and I headed to Five Star Wedding Gown for Phase 1: alterations. The ladies there were so very helpful and made the entire process a breeze. Phase 1 was a success and we got our dresses back quickly and all were perfect. Phase 2: cleaning and pressing was definitely a necessity after getting my portraits done and took it in the very next day to have that done. Phase 2 was completed perfectly as well and my dress was good as gold when they were done. I am so very pleased with my experience with Five Star Wedding Gown that I will be going back to get my gown preserved as well for a Phase 3. Thank you so much, ladies!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017

I went to Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to have my grandmother’s wedding gown restored and preserved. We didn’t even know that she still had it, but found it when we helped her move. It was in an old trunk and well-worn and a nice yellow-ish color. I wasn’t quite sure if... Read More they would be able to help out her gown, but I had seen some of the work they had previously done on their social media, so I thought we would just give it a shot. Marissa inspected it and assured me they had not only seen way worse, but that they were up to the challenge to get it back to what it once looked like. And that, they did. They are definitely miracle-workers! The dress looked EXACTLY like it had in my grandma’s wedding pictures! And my grandma was over-the-moon happy with how beautifully it came out. I am sure it brought back some of the fondest memories for her. Thank you, ladies, for the beautiful work you did! My family and I are beyond thrilled.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017

My best friend went to Five Star Wedding Gown to have her gown preserved and she had so many good things to say, so I ventured there to have my wedding gown preserved as well after I got married in March. The staff were friendly and helpful and made me feel comfortable leaving... Read More my gown with them. Just a few weeks later, it was done! I got to see it before they boxed it up and I nearly cried it was so perfect! I love, love, love it, just as I thought I would. I will cherish the memories for the rest of my life and I am so thankful they helped me to preserve that precious memory too.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017

When I went to get my bridal portraits taken, I had no idea that my dress would get as dirty as it did. Instead of freaking out, I took it to Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to get it cleaned and pressed before my wedding day. It didn’t take very long to get back to its... Read More beautiful original condition and it was back to being the most perfect gown for my big day. I will be back in the future!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017

I went to Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to have my gown preserved in the hopes of passing it on to future generations. It was seriously the best thing that I ever did for myself. Once it was completed, my dress was as stunning as the day that I tried it on and bought it.... Read More I have no idea how they do what they do, but they somehow made it perfect once again. I get it out every so often to just see it. Thank you for the wonderful work that you do!

2017-07-08T16:11:37 Response from the vendor

You are so welcome! Making brides happy is our number one goal!Thank you, for your kind words. -Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists

Reviewed on 7/07/2017

I go to Five Star Cleaners to get my clothes dry-cleaned and altered and I so I already knew about their gown services from that. I took my gown to Five Star Wedding Gown to get cleaned and pressed for my wedding and it turned out just beautifully! I am so grateful that they... Read More were able to do such a great job in such a short amount of time.

2017-07-08T16:19:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, it means so much to us when you take the time to share your experience with other brides. Congratulations on your wedding! -FSWGS

Meet The President

Sharlene Thum

I have been in the dry cleaning business for over 30 plus year. I noticed a growing need for wedding gown cleaning, restoration, preservation and alterations. However, an industrial cleaners is not where I would imagine my brides would feel most comfortable leaving their beloved wedding gowns. Opening a special bridal division that caters specifically to brides/bridal party and their gowns was a long time vision of mine. Five Star Wedding Gown Specialist is now my vision come to life. We are here for all of your gown needs..