Wedding Dresses Atlanta - Formally Yours

Since 1982 Formally Yours is the Bridal Salon that offers the most beautiful and extensive selection of wedding dresses. Generations of brides come to Formally Yours to find the perfect dress for their big day. They know the friendly, customer service oriented salon is the place that can comfortably and thoroughly assist you through the dress shopping experience. In addition, Formally Yours, tends to the needs of the entire bridal party. Our favorite customers are the ones who are the second generation bride, or the prom/pageant girl who is all grown up and shopping for her wedding dress. We love our customers and appreciate each and every one. Make an appointment today to find the dress of your dreams.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

475 Rockbridge Rd NW, Lilburn, GA (770) 923-5800

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Becky K

The Staff at Formally Yours was AMAZING! They were very patient with me and my indecisiveness and made me feel comfortable and beautiful ultimately leading to me saying YES to my perfect dress! I cannot say enough good things about Scarlett and Cathy made me feel like family... Read More and made sure it was MY dress not what others wanted me in. i also got my bridesmaid dresses from Formally Yours and they gave all my girls a discount since I purchased my dress there. Some of those dresses did seems as though the sizes were off when they came in, but we fine after alterations. Their alterations lady is AMAZING and will make you feel even more comfortable and beautiful. i did miss they days when alterations did not exceed a certain amount but she was very much worth every penny!

Best dress shopping experience by far!

Reviewed on 1/21/2012 Paige B

Formally Yours was the second store that I went to looking for a wedding gown. The staff was amazing and so courteous. Never once did I feel pressured to buy anything or hurried because they had another appointment coming in. The dress selection is not only big but offers a... Read More variety of dresses and designers. I tried on a few dresses and would pick out the part I liked best about each. The consultant then went and found the dress that had all the elements I was looking for. Fell in love with the dress and bought it that day! I have and will continue to recommend Formally Yours to all my friends and family!

2012-04-25T15:20:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We really appreciate your business!!

Top of the line salon

Reviewed on 1/11/2012 Laura S

My experience at Formally Yours has just been perfect! I love that you are able to view their gowns online. I was able to choose gowns I wanted to try on prior to even going to the salon. All the staff has been very helpful and easy going. You definitely won't feel pressured... Read More here!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Allie C

My experience at Formally Yours was AMAZING! I went to several other bridal salons, and they didn't even come close to the service I experienced at Formally Yours. As soon as I walked in, I was immediately greeted by the staff and assigned to my consultant, Clemmie. She made me... Read More feel at home, and instantly started to get to know me in order to help me find my dream dress. She listened to everything I had to say, and after just a few dresses, she brought me THE ONE. It was everything I wanted, and I wouldn't have found it without her help and guidance. She and all of the other consultants have so much talent, kindness, and attention to detail. They really take the time to get to know each of their brides. No one is just another sale or just another bride. All of their customers are truly special to them. Because of the connection my consultant and I had, I even invited her to my wedding!! That just goes to show you how amazing they are! My dress matches my personality perfectly, and I can't wait to wear it down the aisle, all thanks to the ladies at Formally Yours!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Carrie I

Don't look anywhere else for a bridal gown or anything else wedding wear related. The women that work at Formally Yours will make you feel like family and will Help to ease any nerves about picking out a wedding dress. My sister and I both got our dresses there and I have never... Read More recommended any other place. Thank you ladies for everything!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amanda P

I cannot say enough about my experience at Formally yours- Scarlett and Cathy are AMAZING! In addition to being so kind and attentive, they make shopping for your dream dress so easy and fun! After explaining to Scarlett what I had in mind for my dream wedding dress, she knew... Read More exactly the right dress for me. I must have pulled at least a dozen gorgeous dresses to try on-but as it turned out, the two she pulled for me ended up being my top two choices. She was so patient and kind as i tried on each dress (several of them multiple times) and really kept my best interest in mind by asking questions about how I felt in each one, never rushing me or pressuring me to make a decision. I am so happy with the dress I ended up purchasing and can't wait to wear it in just a few short months. After my experience at Formally yours, I understand why so many friends have raved about this store, their dresses, and most of all their staff! I wish every bride got to have the dress shopping experience that I did at Formally yours.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katie W

BEST BEST BEST! Formally Yours is the ONLY place in Atlanta to get all your wedding fashion. I got my wedding dress, veil, exit dress, and bridesmaids dresses all at Formally Yours. The staff feels more likes friends and are incredibly knowledgeable in all things fashion. I... Read More thought I knew what I wanted for my bridesmaids but after Clemmie and Marisa helped me choose my dream dress, my original vision wasn't quite right. Cathy and Scarlett made a few gentle and honest suggestions to help steer me to the perfect choice for my girls. Good vibes and great chemistry all the way around! Formally Yours perfectly combines high fashion and elegant charm. I am so happy with the whole experience. I felt no need to shop anywhere else because Formally Yours has such great options AND excellent customer service. The store itself is adorable, so well decorated, and welcoming. Any way you look at it, Formally Yours is quite simply THE best!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Stephanie C

Formally Yours, Inc. is hands down AMAZING. I ordered my dress, my bridesmaids dresses, and my mother's dress from Scarlett and Cathy, and every single one of them was perfect. FYI's extensive collection of dresses meant that I had a whole world of bridal options when I first... Read More visited. Scarlett was able to pull dresses that perfectly matched what I had envisioned. I tried on almost 15 dresses, but Scarlett was patient and kind, always keeping my best interested and style in mind, despite my opinionated family. That first visit to Formally Yours was my last (for me) because I was able to find my perfect dress that day! We were also able to have my sister try on some bridesmaids dresses, and she found her dress that day, too! All of my bridesmaids were asked to choose a different style of dress, and Scarlett was also able to help make sure each dress coordinated and went well together. I knew with her expertise and genuine care for me as a bride, she would make sure everything would be perfect. FYI has a wide variety of formal wear and bridesmaid dresses, too, which made it very easy for each of my bridesmaids to find something they loved and were comfortable in. Additionally, when my mom found a beautiful dress that she loved online from Jovani (a brand that FYI carries) and couldn't find in any stores, Cathy and Scarlett were able to order the dress for my mom and make her dress dreams come true, as well! Our experience with Formally Yours could not have been better, it is very clear that the women who work here truly care about the brides they help and have had many years of experience in their craft. While many brides who come here have been coming here since their first high school homecoming dress was purchased, I was a transplant to the Atlanta area, but can see very clearly why women continue to come back here for years and years for their dream dresses! Formally Yours will make your dress dreams come true.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Mary Kathryn D

I can’t say enough good things about Formally Yours, and Clemmie Jordan. I am a plus size bride, and was very nervous about finding a dress that I could be happy with. Clemmie was very reassuring from the moment that I walked in with my mother and future mother-in-law. She... Read More asked for my budget, and if I had any thoughts about style. Based on my answers, she found a variety of dresses in various styles, and was incredibly helpful in helping me in and out of them. Within an hour, we hit on exactly the right dress, and she immediately found a veil and earrings that completed the look perfectly. The other women working in the store were kind and helpful as well. The staff here kept me calm (not an easy task, trust me), and made the seemingly overwhelming process of finding a wedding dress easy and fun. They also engaged with my guests, keeping the process fun for them as well. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Katie G

What an amazing experience! Cathy and the girls made my appointment such a special time and really cared about my desires. I cannot recommend Formally Yours enough!!! Thank you so much for being a part of my special day!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Lizzy C

I live in California and was just on a quick visit with my family. My mom made the appointment and I am so glad that she did! I had such a comfortable and amazing experience with Kathy. She immediately understood my style and pulled the perfect dresses. I feel in love with a... Read More few, but we all knew the one when I put it on. She has an amazing selection and helped make the day so perfect. My sister as well as my best friends sister also got their dresses from Kathy a few years ago! I highly recommend visiting Formally Yours in Lilburn! You will be so happy that you did! It was a one stop shop for me and I can't wait to share the pcitures after our big day next year! XOXO

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Taylor S

I have nothing but good things to say about Formally Yours. I had the best experience picking out the dress of my dreams! The staff was absolutely wonderful! I never felt pressured to buy anything. They were very patient with me and my indecisiveness! They helped me in and out... Read More of two dresses about 100 times.. no joke. I finally picked THE ONE, and I felt so beautiful in it! If you want stress free wedding dress shopping, Formally Yours is the place to go! I would highly recommend them to every bride!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Elizabeth H

At Formally Yours, I found the dress of my dreams that was within my price budget - which is SO rare, (if not impossible)! Not only that, but the gown came in MUCH earlier than initially expected, so there was ample time for alterations. The only thing I would have done... Read More differently would be to not use their seamstress for the alterations. She did an incredible job, but was quite expensive. Depending on what you need done, I would shop around before committing to use her. However, if you do decide to go with her for alterations, you won't be disappointed... she does incredible work. It's just pricey! Overall, a very, very good experience at Formally Yours.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Alicia F

I loved the customer service the first time I went in. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything. I went back a few months later because I loved how helpful they were. With that being said, I ordered my dress in January for my June wedding. I hadn't heard when my dress was coming... Read More so sent an email. The email response said it should be arriving mid April. Mid April came and went without hearing anything, so I called. They said it should be arriving mid May. I call the week of mid May (Monday) to be sure everything was going as they said only to find out (Thursday) it won't even be shipped until May 30th. At this point I decided to call more frequently due to heightened concern about my dress being here and able to be altered in time for the wedding. Fortunately, my dress came in Friday, May 27 and I will pick it up from being altered May 10 (the day before we leave for the wedding).

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Yalana R

I visited this place this past weekend. This was the first bridal salon I went to and wanted to try on dresses to get a feel for what I wanted. Who knew I would actually find my dress!!!! It's beautiful!!! My family and best friend along with myself knew instantly that it... Read More was my dress. I also got a great deal since it was off the rack and is discontinued (not sure why??). My 2 maid of honors also found their dresses here and they fit like a glove. The bridesmaids' dresses are 20% off if the bride gets her dress at the shop. So my 2 other bridesmaids will also be back. They were so nice and hospitable. I felt very special as I was the only bride trying on dresses. I highly, highly recommend this store.

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Kayla P

Formally Yours helped me find my wedding dress, my mother's dress and my bridesmaids dresses. Every single time I entered their store, whether it was to pick up my dress, ask about my Mom's or just look at bridesmaid dresses they remembered me and asked about my planning. I... Read More could not be more pleased with their service and attention to detail. Their selection of dresses is PLENTY!!! You can go in with a vision and they'll know exactly what works for you, your body type and your overall feel for you wedding day.

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Angelin M

Every bride deserves that momentous occasion when selecting her wedding gown and Formally Yours gave me that experience! From the moment I walked in Cathy and her staffs were very friendly and helpful. What I enjoyed the most is their attentiveness to my style and vision for my... Read More perfect day. Their knowledge and attention to detail is what helped me find the dress of my dreams! I truly felt like a princess preparing for her wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Tiffany A

I cannot say enough about Formally Yours. The owner and her daughter made us all feel so welcomed. They are genuinely so sweet and so helpful!! If you are looking for your dream dress, definitely go here!!!

Beautiful Boutique Salon

Reviewed on 3/10/2015 Ashley G

Purchasing my wedding dress at Formally Yours was a magnificent experience. I went in with pictures of the dresses I liked, and the owner pulled dresses matching what I wanted. Her selection of dresses is amazing! I was pleasantly surprised! Furthermore, I felt like I was on an... Read More episode of "Say Yes to the Dress," for the salon also has a runway with full-length mirrors that I was able to walk down in order to get the full effect of my dress. Overall, it was truly a dream-like experience and I would recommend this salon to anyone!

Loved every minute of it

Reviewed on 1/13/2015 Jamie C

These lovely ladies made finding my perfect dress fun and easy. They listened to everything I had to say and helped me find my PERFECT dress. They are truly the sweetest ladies and have the most beautiful dresses!

Best bridal boutique in Atlanta!

Reviewed on 1/01/2015

I love this place. I am 32 and have gone shopping with many brides in Atlanta for their dress. I had a connection with Formally Yours through my in-laws. I was blown away on my first visit. It was the first shop I had gone to and I decided not to fall in love with anything until... Read More I had gone to a few to compare. It's different when you are the bride. After going to a couple of other places and having had experience at others being a bridesmaid, I went back to Formally Yours. I found the dress of my dreams and the one that fit me and my budget. I could not have been happier with the service and detail oriented staff. They treated me like I was their daughter, best friend, and sister. I loved being able to support this boutique in all the good they are doing. You won't regret a visit to this store. I promise.

I love my wedding dress!

Reviewed on 12/23/2014

I had a wonderful experience at Formally Yours! It had a pretty specific idea in mind for what I wanted in a wedding dress. Cathy pulled a couple dresses for me and we found the one pretty quickly. It made for a fun and stress free experience! I loved my dress the day I picked... Read More it out and I still love it as I look back on pictures from my wedding day. Cathy was a lot of fun to work with and I recommend this store for anyone! They have a great selection.

Great Experience Overall!

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Melissa M

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Formally Yours and the staff. I first shopped at the store in 2008 for my prom dress and when my wedding rolled around I could not think of anywhere else I would want to go. I knew they would be up-to-date on all the wedding... Read More trends. I had such a wonderful experience getting my wedding dress at the store I went back to order my bridesmaid dress from them also. It was a dress I found online that they did not have in store but bent over backwards to help me order it and feel comfortable with the order. I can not thank them enough for everything they have done for me. A wedding is very stressful, let them help you so the dress is one thing you don't have to worry about!!

Bridal

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Kelly R

I was beyond pleased with Formally Yours! They helped me figure out the style I wanted to wear on MY wedding day! There was such a good selection and so many different styles to choose from, and they were so patient to help me narrow down the perfect gown. Little did I know but... Read More it was he first dress I tried on! I would definitely recommend this store for bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses. I was very impressed with both.

Bad for a plus-sized gal

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Marjorie B

After looking for boutiques that carried a high number of plus-sized gowns, I decided to go to Formally Yours. As a plus-sized woman (size 16), I was nervous about trying on gowns and nothing fitting. I made an appointment and set off with high hopes. On the phone, I was... Read More asked what size I was and for a description of what I wanted. I was told that dresses would be pulled specifically for me prior to my arrival. I arrived to Formally Yours in Lilburn and was told that they were short staffed and someone pointed to where the plus-sized dresses "should be." Every other bride in the store had a consultant working with them except for me. In the plus-sized section I found about 10 gowns that were size 16 and 18. In wedding gowns, that is a 12-14 so I already knew they would not actually fit. I brought numerous pictures with me and showed them to a consultant. Without even looking at them, she said "I'm not sure, look in plus-size." I did not find a single one. My Matron of Honor helped me try on dresses (in a tiny, cramped dressing room) and nothing fit at all. My worst fear had come true. How was I supposed to pick a dress when I had no idea what it would look like on me when in the proper size? I left there after receiving no help and felt horrible about myself. Luckily, I found a different salon that was able to help me. I showed up after a phone call and was assisted the entire time. They had two full racks of dresses (about 75 dresses in each rack) that fit me and another two racks of dresses bigger than size 24. If you are a plus-sized lady, don't bother with Formally Yours. They will have nothing for you to try and if you happen to go on a day that they are "short-handed" you will be ignored. And you can forget about anything actually being pulled before you arrive.

Cathy Butler

Owner, Cathy Butler is a native Atlantan. Being born and raised in the area, she knows what the Atlanta bride is looking for. Although she spent time away in Chicago, Arizona and California with her NFL husband raising three children, she returned home in 1999 to eagerly take over Formally Yours. During this time she has transitioned Formally Yours into a new location with a bright, comfortable atmosphere. She understands that the bridal industry, although it is about fashion, is mainly about customer service. “Excellent customer service is key to the longevity of our business” Butler responds

Start a Conversation!