Fountain Blue Banquets & Conference Center

Des Plaines, IL

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Fountain Blue Banquets & Conference Center

A BALLROOM IN DES PLAINES, IL

Fountain Blue Banquets & Conference Center, located in Des Plaines, Illinois, is an event space that can accommodate weddings with 50 to 400 guests. The Fountain Blue Banquets & Conference Center has its own catering service to take care of drinks and dinner. Tastings for the couple and up to two guests can be arranged. Arriving guests are greeted with a large fountain with blue water in the front courtyard and enter the stone building through doors at the front. The Fountain Blue Banquets & Conference Center has several spaces couples can choose for their wedding ceremony and reception.

Athenaeum. Considered the "posh" room by Fountain Blue Banquets & Conference Center, the Athenaeum room is an indoor space that can accommodate up to 200 guests for a wedding. The carpeted room has over 3,000 square feet of space with crystal chandeliers hanging from the 12-foot-high ceilings. The room has white molded ceilings and walls accented in blue.

Normandy. Nicknamed the "glitzy" room at the center, the Normandy room has accents of gold. The Normandy room has 2,800 square feet and can seat up to 200 wedding guests. Modern chandeliers hang from the 12-foot ceilings and contemporary sconces light the room.

Versailles. Referred to as "lavish" by the Fountain Blue Banquets & Conference Center, this 5,400-square-foot carpeted room can seat up to 400 wedding guests. Magnificent crystal chandeliers hang from carved wooden ceilings 14 feet high. The lavishly appointed room has gold decorative moldings accenting the room.

Lions Gate Garden. This outdoor space is surrounded by a brick and wrought-iron fence with two marble lions guarding the gate. The garden blooms with flowers in season. Receptions and ceremonies can take place underneath the large tent with chandeliers hanging above and a solid floor below.

Various wedding packages are available for couples to choose from at Fountain Blue Banquet & Event Center. The largest package includes white-glove butlered hors d'oeuvres and a five-course dinner.

Tables, chairs and linens are provided by the venue. The venue sets up the seating arrangement cards for the couple. Couples can choose from a plated dinner, buffet or family-style service. A liquor package is also available.

Five hours of event time are included in the rental fee, with four hours of an open bar. Unlimited wine service is also included. Champagne toast is available. The center can provide the wedding cake as well. The cake can be served a la mode, if the couple desires.

• Chocolate fountain available
  • Silver and gold Chiavari chairs available
  • Risers available
  • Candelabras available
  • Microphone and PA system

A wedding of elegance and tradition.

Fountain Blue has three distinctly decorated banquet rooms each providing a superb setting for your event. This combination of rooms allows Fountain Blue the flexibility to host any size event, from an intimate buffet dinner for 50, a wedding reception for 400, to a cocktail reception for 800.

Ballroom

2300 Mannheim Road, Des Plaines, IL (847) 298-3636

great service!

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Juliet C

I had my reception at fountain blue and they provided great service! They accommodated to my needs and made the night perfect! They also had delicious food!

Bride

Reviewed on 4/24/2013 Doris F

We had a great experience with Fountain Blue. The staff is very friendly and easy to work with. I had the chicken and my husband had the steak for dinner. They were both delicious! I would highly recommend this venue to couple looking to get married.

Great Service!

Reviewed on 2/22/2013 Maura M

The Fountain Blue staff was nothing but helpful from start to finish. They were more than willing to accomodate everything we needed and made sure to really take care of us during the reception. One thing that really stuck out to me was that we were using Champagne glasses from... Read More my great grandmother and they made a point to come up to us after dinner and ask if we would like them to take them and put them in safe keeping for us for the remainder of the reception. This is just one of the many instances where they really went out of the way to take care of us.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Giselle G

We had our reception at Fountain Blue on 6/25/16 and it was amazing. I worked with Georgia the entire time and she was very understanding to my millions of questions and emails. She was very attentive and even helped me fix and plan a few things. The staff there was more than... Read More accommodating, even packing up dinners that were unfinished for guests. Everything was set up beautifully. We served the chicken and the steak with a reduction sauce as well as some vegetarian dishes. Everyone commented on how good the meals were as well as the appetizers. Thanks Fountain Blue!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Elizabeth C

My reception was at Fountain Blue and it was amazing. Everyone who we spoke with during our wedding preparations was amazing. The food was outstanding and the whole process was so easy with Fountain Blue. They even made special accommodations for us right before the wedding!... Read More Bill was great and we couldn't ask for a better venue!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Josleen S

I had my Bridal Shower at Fountain Blue and it was better than I imagined! I worked with Georgia and she was just absolutely amazing! She made sure everything was what I wanted and made sure things ran smoothly and without flaws. The food was excellent and the staff was friendly... Read More as well. I had all my guests rave about the decor, food and service. I couldn't be happier with how that day turned out!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Nicole S

Not the best deal in town for your money, they will try and sell that to you but if you do your research, they aren't. Not a fan of Bill, very arrogant, talks over you. Honestly, if someone with manners showed me the place I might have wanted to book there because the place is... Read More beautiful. Expensive but beautiful. They will also push you to do a Friday or Sunday wedding for the reason of "we lose revise on Saturdays " yeah, that makes me wanna book with you? Nope.

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Nicolette I

if I could give this fountain blue 6 stars I would! We hosted our wedding reception here recently (fall of 2015) and fountain Blue was so great to work with. The coordinators were awesome. I had so little to worry about, the staff delivered on every promise and everything was... Read More done as we requested. I was so happy with the advice and level of professionalism of the staff. all of our guest had a wonderful time, we had so many compliments on the food, waitstaff, and bartending service. Thank you again for making our wedding day a success which all our guests enjoyed! -Nicolette & Marius

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Adilene B

We Can't thank fountain Blue enough for the amazing work they did for our wedding. Everything was just beautiful and Bill was such a pleasure to work with. Food, drinks, sweet table was amazing! We're so glad we found this venue!

Great Service and Beautiful Reception!

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Emily K

From the day that we started the wedding process with Bill and The Fountain Blue it was a great experience. The reception hall turned out beautiful, the food was great, and the employees were very easy to work with. We had so many compliments on the wedding and could not have... Read More asked for more from The Fountain Blue!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Cheryl s

We had our wedding at Fountain Blue on 09/20/14. From the start, Georgia and her team went above and beyond to make our special day perfect! When we went for our tasting we were blown away by how much food we were able to try and how absolutely delicious everything was.... Read More Anytime we had questions or concerns someone was always available to call or e-mail and the response was also so quick. When the big day came I had Georgia by my side. She was obviously attending to other receptions as well, but whenever I needed anything she jumped right on it. I was able to focus on my big day and not worry about any of the little things because I know Fountain Blue was on top of it!

A must see

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Emily S

Fountain Blue was one of the last halls I had visited. They only had one day available in the month we wanted so we snatched it up. Worked with Georgia, could not be a nicer person! She was very helpful and helped our day go great. The hall was set up beautifully. Only thing was... Read More we brought in some of our own booze and when we called to collect it they said none was left. I find that hard to believe, but what are you going to do.

Perfect Polish Wedding

Reviewed on 8/06/2014 Renee M

Georgia Diamond from Fountain Blue really made our wedding planning and reception perfect! We had a large guest list (just under 300) and several traditions that we needed to include in the celebration. Georgia was very accommodating and professional. The food was delicious,... Read More the garden is beautiful for pictures, we were allowed to have Polish vodka bottles on the table, we were allowed to have outside vendors for a sweet table and late night snack, and everything ended up being within our budget. My husband and I were rarely rejected when we had a special request. I would highly recommend this location if you are looking for a large, but elegant venue hall that is located in the Northwest suburbs. My only complaint would be the hotel next door (Radisson O'hare was not as accommodating), but they are not necessarily associated with Fountain Blue. Make sure you work with Georgia if you are going to choose this reception hall.

Too bad I only looked at their "recommended reviews" :(

Reviewed on 4/21/2014

If zero stars was an option, I would have picked it. I had a very unprofessional experience with a manager (towards the end of our phone call I'm pretty sure she hung up on me...? Who does that??). I cannot and would not in good conscience recommend them (not even to my ex!).... Read More From my experience, all I believe they cared about was my money. I thought they were "all about family" and cared about "my special day" in some way. Now I think I was just a contract and a couple thousand dollars. That is it.

Venue

Reviewed on 5/13/2013 Cathy K

I had my wedding at the Fountain Blue Banquets & Conference Center in their Lions Gate Pavillon tent. I can honestly say we were so pleased with them. We worked with Georgia and she was amazing. She made the whole process easy & would always respond to my emails in less than 24... Read More hours. To this day our biggest compliment for our wedding was our food. So delicious! The only reason why I gave the venue 4 stars out of 5 is because we received feedback on how our bartenders were not too polite. However, our waiters were great. Overall I would highly recommend this venue!

Venue Perfection!

Reviewed on 12/18/2012 Linda E

When looking for a venue for our wedding reception, we both had a pretty good idea of what we wanted. Classy, elegant, a bit vintage, great food and the capability to accommodate space we needed for guests as well as entertainment. Fountain Blue was that place. Georgia and all... Read More of the staff made this day unforgettable with every detail and timing that went off without a hitch. Passed hour'dorves to start with the cocktail hour really set the tone for what excellent food and service were to come. Professionalism at its best with not a thing to worry about! EVERYTHING was done and exceeded our expectations. :) The food and ambiance will never be forgotten!

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Tina V

I had the pleasure of working with Georgia who was extremely professional from the very start. Everything was well coordinated and our needs were always met. She took the time to explain things to me and was very patient. Georgia listened to my ideas and made sure everything ran... Read More smoothly. Food was amazing, room looked breath-taking, and service was excellent! Thank you, Georgia!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 11/03/2012 Leilani T

When we were looking for venues, I was extremely picky about the places. I didn't like the way the ceilings were in some because they looked like office building ceilings, I didn't like the lights, I wasn't thrilled with the doors/walls that would be in the background of... Read More pictures because I knew it would look ugly.. So When we looked at Fountain Blue I was happily surprised! Everything they offered and what the rooms looked like fit perfectly into what I wanted and what we could budget. They worked with us on our budget and from the time we booked the venue to the day of they answered all of our questions, always remembered who we were when we stopped in and did everything we asked for! They made our wedding day perfect and we couldn't of asked for more! We have gotten many compliments about how beautiful the room was, how good the food was and how awesome the bar was! All of our guests had a great time, as did we! We are so happy we went with Fountain Blue and we definitely made the right decision!

Discriminated against by the owner's son!

Reviewed on 9/06/2012 Oana O

I met with the owner’s son, Bill, in order to see the venue and discuss wedding packages. I have never received such poor customer service in my 30 years of existence. Although Bill is Greek he kept referring to me and my fiancé as “you ethnics”. I have never felt so... Read More discriminated and mistreated as I did during my meeting with Bill. My fiancé and I are European and Bill had very preconceived notions about European weddings. He told me he doesn’t like ethnic weddings because the people are always demanding. I was told that “you ethnics” are never happy with the chicken, like the Americans, you always want the filet and the extra bar time, at no additional cost. Bill continued to insult not only me but my family, and when I had enough of his arrogance, discrimination and lack of customer service skills and got up to walk out he simply told me that I was just upset that I could not afford his place. I left this location shaking and in tears. I am traumatized by what I experienced and I am scarred to even look at another location for fear that I will run into someone as arrogant and rude as him. This was the worst experience I have ever had.

Great venue

Reviewed on 7/28/2012 Carla P

I had my reception and ceremony at the fountain blue and everything met my expectations.

LOVE this place!

Reviewed on 6/07/2012 Laura T

We just had our reception here on 5/12/2012 and I am still getting so many compliments on how beautiful the reception was. Our reception was in the Lion's Gate Pavillion which is a huge permanent tent structure. It's great because it's not your average banquet room- there are so... Read More many windows and so much light coming in so you get a whole different feel. There is a private outside garden area for the guests which is beautifully maintained. The room all together is breathtaking when you first walk in- absolutely beautiful. The only thing is, that they have a minimum number of guests for this room so it may not be good for smaller weddings. I got SO many compliments on the meal. I believe this place used to be a restaurant because my stepdad said it used to be his favorite place to eat. The food is amazing. I cant remember the name of the chicken we ordered but it was delicious. It sounds boring, but the chicken rice soup was my favorite part of the meal! We also had asparagus and red potatos. My guests were more than satisfied with dinner. Bill was our event coordinator and was super flexible and helpful throughout the whole process. When he wasn't around, Georgia was always there and was more than happy to help. They had a crazy group of guests on thier hands by the end of the night, but handled everything very professionally. My mom still talks about how great Bill was during the reception and during cleanup. I could write so many more good things about this place but overall I would highly recommend checking this place out. The prices are reasonable and the employees go above and beyond. If I had to do it all again, I would pick Fountain Blue hands down. :)

Loved loved my tent

Reviewed on 4/11/2012 Kimberly K

My reception was in the Lions Gate Pavilion at Fountain Blue. We did not want the traditional banquet hall wedding. The tent looked amazing when all our ideas came together. The staff, especially Georgia, worked with us every step of the way to make our day perfect. This was not... Read More my first time at FB, my brother got married there in 1998 and it was just as good as i remembered back then......great food, great service, awesome tent!!!!!

outstanding!

Reviewed on 12/18/2011 Caren M

We had our wedding in 11/13/11 and it was wonderful! The people are very friendly and easy to work with! They helped on the big day to make sure everything ran smoothly. Also, their food (esp the filet) was phenomenal! The atmosphere was very nice and the rooms have been very... Read More recently renovated! All of our guests really enjoyed themselves and my husband and I look forward to hosting other events here in the future!

Easy, Breezy

Reviewed on 11/27/2011 Christina G

I must admit I had an excellent experience with our venue. Everytime I had stopped in everyone was very accomodating and answered all my questions right there and then. I was able to bring in other items for my room. I had received compliments all night how great the food was.... Read More two thumbs up!

Extraordinary Gem Not Far From the City!

Reviewed on 9/28/2011 Corey L

I couldn't be more happy with the way my wedding day turned out and the staff of Fountain Blue is a big reason for that. Bill, was the most helpful coordinator answering every email and inquiry and offering great suggests and options. The food here is WONDERFUL! Every single... Read More guest commented on how delicious our meal was and the appetizers were plentiful and mouth watering! The portions are generous! Fountain Blue was able to work with my budget and dietary needs (gluten sensitive and vegetarian bridesmaids) and although my budget was small my wedding was everything I wanted it to be. Call! Ask for Bill!