The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Couples looking for something beautiful and original for their wedding in the metro Detroit area consider The Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center. With its desirable Plymouth, Michigan address, is an excellent choice for fabulous outdoor garden weddings and receptions, as well as offering two distinctly different yet utterly elegant spaces for your indoor reception.

The Golden Fox Clubhouse. This is an ultimate space for your formal wedding and reception. Renovated in luxe materials, the Golden Fox houses the regal Sunset Ballroom with its sparkling chandeliers and magnificent garden views. There's also the Wisteria Room and the Grille for extra event space for cocktails and conversation. A huge wraparound deck overlooking the fairway gives you attractive outdoor space, as well. The Golden Fox has a beautiful garden setting with a romantic gazebo and pergola and lush flower garden for your outdoor ceremony. The Golden Fox Clubhouse is ideal for the largest events, accommodating up to 500 guests.

The Fox Classic. This is Fox Hills’ original clubhouse and sports rustic log-cabin construction with natural stone fireplace and accents. It also accesses the gazebo and flower garden for your outdoor ceremony. There’s a pretty outdoor patio with golf course views for cocktails and casual dining. The Fox Classic accommodates up to 175 guests with a dance floor.

The Summer House on the Lakes. The club’s newest venue, the Summer House on the Lakes is an open-air oasis for your outdoor celebration for up to 200 guests. Beautiful lake views and a simple pergola beneath a grove of cottonwoods make a lovely backdrop for your ceremony.

Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center is an all-inclusive event venue with everything you need to plan your ceremony and reception. A professional wedding planner is available through the entire process to make your planning stress-free. Included in your Fox Hills wedding package:

• Six hours of open bar service
  • Passed hors d’oeuvres, six per person
  • Plated salad and entree courses
  • Gourmet coffee and tea service
  • Champagne toast for the head table
  • Cake service

You also get all the tables and chairs you need for your ceremony and reception, set up according to your seating plan prior to your event. Vendor tables are also included. White table linens and napkins are included, as are all the china, flatware and glassware. A complimentary food tasting will be arranged by the chef prior to your wedding to help you make menu decisions. A coat room attendant is also provided if needed.

Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center offers couples these extra perks to make their wedding celebration even more memorable:

• Free foursome of golf
  • Space to host your rehearsal dinner
  • A bridal brunch the morning after the wedding

Your Dream Wedding begins At Fox Hills!

3 unique and stunning reception & ceremony sites w/golf course views at an affordable price!~ GOLDEN FOX (500 guests): beautifully & completely renovated 2015, huge windows & decking~ FOX CLASSIC LOG CABIN (175 guests): rustic charm w/ 1927 fireplace~with tons of outdoor space included. SUMMERHOUSE (250 guests): Love the outdoors? Look no further!

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Country Club, Garden, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

8768 North Territorial Road, Plymouth, MI (734) 453-7272

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Alyssa P

We had our ceremony and reception outside at Fox Hill at the Summerhouse and could not have been happier with how perfect the day was! Rebecca, Jim, and all the staff were amazingly helpful throughout the entire planning process, rehearsal, and day of! We had perfect weather... Read More for our day, and everything was wonderful from start to finish. All of our guest had a great time and commented how fun the wedding was, how amazing the food was, and how attentive the staff was. The summerhouse gives a different feel to a wedding, getting the outdoor aspect while being covered. I would highly recommend booking here!

2017-01-02T12:33:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for your kind review! We are thrilled that you were so very pleased with your special day! Many blessings for a lifetime of happiness!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Maddie D

I booked my upcoming wedding with Fox Hills at the Golden Fox venue and I couldn't be happier that I did!!!! Looking at a few comparable Plymouth area venues, I KNEW the happiest day of my life has to be at Fox Hills. All the windows at Golden gives it such a high class ambiance... Read More (at a decent price!) and it doesn't have that banquet hall, stuffy feel. And those chandeliers!! In my meeting with Rebecca, I had a lot of random questions and she was able to answer all with ease. I feel very confident in my choice and the people that will handle the my big day. I also went to one of their Sunday brunches to kind of scope out the service and food, which helped give me insight on how my wedding would probably be. One of the managers stopped at my table and made my fiancé and I feel so welcome. This helped convince me that Golden would be perfect. I have been emailing Rebecca along the way and she has answered promptly. She has never made me feel like I've been bugging her and has helped me plan out when I can taste the food since I won't be able to make the group tasting. Out of all my vendors I have booked, Fox Hills was my easiest choice. Booking with them was a no brainer.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Christina Z

My husband and I could not be more happy with our decision to have our reception at Fox Hills Golf & Banquet Center. Our reception was at the Fox Classic and it worked out perfectly to have the log cabin feel during a September wedding. It fit our personalities just perfectly... Read More because we enjoy the "rustic" feel of a cabin and everything about this venue was spot on. We continue to receive compliments on the venue, including the food, atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff, location, and overall experience. Rebecca helped us every step of the way to organize our reception. Rebecca and the Fox Hills staff were patient and receptive always to my requests and questions. I could not imagine having our reception at any other venue in the Ann Arbor/Plymouth area and I'm so happy we decided to go with Fox Hills. Thank you Fox Hills for an amazing experience and the best we could have dreamed of having for our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Laura H

We had an amazing experience at Fox Hills! Everything was wonderful and I cannot say enough about it. Rebecca was so helpful and returned all of my emails quickly and never complained when I asked her the same thing over and over. Terry the food and beverage manager was... Read More absolutely amazing during our wedding. He took care of everything, even interacting with other vendors if I was having an issue. Our guest had nothing but great things to say about the venue and the food! We had the whole building to ourselves which was awesome. I would recommend Fox Hills to every couple planning a wedding!!!!! I loved every second of our day thank you so much to the staff at Fox Hills!!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Rachel B

Overall I had an amazing experience getting married at Fox Hills Summerhouse on the Lakes. Rebecca, the wedding coordinator, helped me to feel very comfortable and reassured through the wedding planning process. Everything was set up beautifully on the day of. The food was... Read More amazing and the venue was so beautiful. The only downside was our day-of coordinator. He approached my husband and me immediately following our ceremony, a time when we were so thrilled to have just become husband and wife, and interrupted to tell us that since our ceremony had ended 10 minutes early, the bar would not be opened and our guests would not be served any drinks. I would understand if we had been trying to have an extra hour, or even a half hour, of drinks, but to approach us at what should have been one of the best moments of our lives to yell at us over our ceremony ending 10 minutes was very disappointing. Again, overall had a great experience with Fox Hills. My wedding was absolutely wonderful. Tammy the bartender was fantastic and overall everything was absolutely beautiful.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Gail G

Every aspect of working with Rebecca and her staff was wonderful. Any question or concern was addressed and solved quickly. The set-up and the service of the wedding and reception was great. All the guests commented on how good the food and the service was. We had to move our... Read More outdoor ceremony into the Summerhouse and the transition was very smooth.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Gail G

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Jessica G

Working with Fox Hills was one of the BEST decisions I made when planning my wedding. Terry was our day of coordinator and it's safe to say that he is AMAZING! It rained all morning the day of our wedding and he made me feel at ease about the fact that our ceremony was scheduled... Read More to be outside. I was not super thrilled about the possibility of it being moved inside, but he assured me that he wanted it to be outside just as bad as I wanted it to be outside. He watched the radar up until 15 minutes before the ceremony and the weather cleared just in time. It worked out PERFECTLY! Terry continued to run around all night to accommodate us and our guests, even the ones that showed up when they RSVP'd that they wouldn't be there. The evening couldn't have gone better!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Brianne H

Everything was so perfect. Everyone complimented the food (which was amazing). Rebecca was great and answered all my questions fast. The course is also so beautiful I can't wait to see my pictures!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Caitlin C

Our guests haven't stopped raving about the food from Fox Hills. The appetizers and main meal were great! Unfortunately it rained the week of our wedding, including that day, but the venue did everything they could to help make our vision possible. They worked hard that day as... Read More well as answer any questions we had leading up to the day. We couldn't have been happier with our experience at Fox Hills.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Jessica T

We recently had our wedding at Fox Hills on 9.16.16, with a guest count of 300 people. Everything was absolutely perfect- better than we had even imagined! Not only was our big day perfect, our entire experience leading up to it was as well. In the beginning I was a little... Read More worried because, once we took the tour of the venue and property we knew that we wouldn't want our reception anywhere else. The next day we worked with, Rebecca, Wedding & Social Specialist on securing our date. As we were about to put our deposit down- I received a call from her informing us our date had been double booked with a golf outing and that they needed to speak with the coordinator of the outing before we went any further. Knowing that September is the start of busy wedding season, we had already confirmed the date with our church and that it was only 8 short months away, at the time, you can only imagine how anxious we were to hear back from Fox Hills. A few days had passed and I received a call from Rebecca, on her day off, informing us the date was ours. The fact that she reached out to us on her day off really meant a lot because, at that point each day waiting for an answer felt like a week and it reassured us that we were working with the right people. Throughout the next several months Rebecca kept in touch with us via email answering any questions we had, responding almost immediately. I can only imagine how busy she must be during this season with the amount of weddings she assists, but she never failed to make us feel like her number one priority. The day of our wedding we had the pleasure of working with, Terry, the event manager for the evening. He was wonderful, very attentive and made sure everything went smoothly. All of the banquet staff worked their tails off making sure the food was delivered correctly to each guest with their different meal options, clearing tables and even asking if they could get you drinks. A few weeks have gone by now and we recently had another family wedding to go to- everyone who attended our wedding could not stop talking about how beautiful everything was, how great the food tasted and what a great time they had had. We even had a few tell us it was the best wedding they had ever been to, none of which would have been possible without Fox Hills and their amazing staff. We seriously can't thank them enough for the fantastic experience they provided for my husband & I and all of our guests!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Renee C

My Wife and I got married at Fox Hills and booked the Sunset Ballroom along with they Wisteria Ballroom in the Golden Fox. The entire experience was absolutely amazing! The staff was great and incredibly attentive, the landscape and property were absolutely gorgeous for both the... Read More ceremony and pictures on site, and the food was fantastic. All of our guests could not say enough about the food! If I could change anything at all, I just with the bridal suite was bigger and not attached to the main women's restroom. Overall though, we were thoroughly impressed and exceedingly happy.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

Fox Hills is fantastic. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this venue. The venue (Golden Fox) is beautiful and the staff is awesome. I highly recommend Fox Hills!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Rachel K

My husband and I had our reception at the Golden Fox in August 2015 and have nothing but wonderful things to say about the entire experience! Rebecca made the entire process so much easier for us with her organization skills and patience with answering all of our questions... Read More throughout the year leading up to our wedding. The space was beautifully set up and the staff was very professional and helpful throughout the entire reception. We also loved having access to the golf carts which allowed us to take many beautiful photos with our wedding party all throughout the golf course! I would highly recommend using Fox Hills as a wedding venue as it is beautiful and affordable :)

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Wendy A

We are so happy we chose Fox Hills for our reception. Rebecca Ameel was wonderful to work with and very helpful. She walked us through every step. The manager on the night of our wedding was amazing. He continuously checked on us and made sure everything was perfect for us! I... Read More highly recommend Fox Hills and the Golden Fox! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 kati l

We worked with Rebecca Ameel, and she was incredible. Not only were they extremely flexible (we booked in Aug 2013 for our May 2015 wedding) and allowed us to book at the 2014 pricing, but Rebecca patiently answered all of my questions for the 2-year engagement. Planning a... Read More wedding from afar isn't easy, and an outdoor wedding is all the more stressful, but Rebecca and Fox Hills were absolutely incredible and I can't thank them enough. The Summerhouse venue was gorgeous, and absolutely what we were looking for. Fox Hills was accommodating in allowing us to store our decorations there the day before so my crew of family and friends could set up without me worrying on the day of! The staff were very attentive, and made sure everything was perfect! We've heard from so many of our friends and family that the space was beautiful, the food was delicious, the drinks were plentiful, and they felt very taken care of, all thanks to Fox Hills.

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

I had my wedding here on September 11th in the newly renovated 'Golden Fox' with our ceremony held in the gazebo and it was beyond beautiful! Every bride dreams of the perfect stress free wedding and Fox Hills makes sure they give that to their brides. The day of my wedding it... Read More rained all day - I was scheduled to have my ceremony outside at the gazebo but due to the rain we weren't sure if that would be possible. The rain eventually let up, about 45 minutes before my ceremony was scheduled to start. Terry, our day of manager, knew how important it was for me to have our ceremony outside so he waited until the very last minute to set up our ceremony site instead of pulling it and setting it up inside. Rebecca, along with the rest of the staff are professional, accommodating and just an overall pleasure to work with! We are so happy we selected Fox Hills for our special day and would recommend it to anyone looking to have a beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Jessica D

Could NOT have asked for a better venue for our wedding! Rebecca & the rest of the staff at Fox hills made the entire process so stress-free! With the price, everything including service fees & taxes were INCLUDED-big plus! The food was OUTSTANDING and the staff was very... Read More professional & friendly! You can't go wrong choosing to spend your big day at fox hills!

Outdoor reception at the Summerhouse

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Sharon S

We had our reception at the Summerhouse and could not have been happier with how everything went! Rebecca and her team are amazing! Rebecca patiently answered all of our questions, helped us coordinate deliveries with external vendors, and accommodated our special requests,... Read More including some last minute changes. On the day of our wedding, it was so nice to know everything was taken care of and Jim, our day-of manager, constantly checked in with us to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and that everything was going well. Booking an outdoor wedding in Michigan can be a little risky, but the Summerhouse really does hold up against the elements. I would highly recommend booking here!

Perfect place for our wedding reception

Reviewed on 9/19/2015

While shopping around for venues we felt fox hills was the most transparent with their prices and we loved the atmosphere there. We couldnt have made a better choice!! We had our reception in the summerhouse and unfortunately on our wedding day it rained so they had to enclose... Read More the pavilion. It actually worked out just fine because we still could see the beautiful grounds through the windows and the string lights hanging from the rafters looked so nice at night time. The food was great, we got so many compliments from our guests and the bartenders and waitstaff were friendly and having fun. Overall we were very happy with the price, service and quality at fox hills and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Rebecca H

The Golden Fox is newly renovated and is absolutely beautiful! The new color palette will go great with any color scheme. They gave us a bunch of golf carts and free reign of the course for pictures. Service was great...we had a few hiccups but they were quick to remedy.

Fox Hills Golf Club

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Michelle G

We had a great experience with our wedding at Fox Hills. It was a South Asian wedding with two days of back to back events. We found the staff at Fox Hills to be super accommodating and professional and worked with us to tailor the details to our specific events both in the... Read More months and weeks leading up to the wedding but also on the day of these events. The venue includes a newly tastefully renovated Goldenfox indoor banquet style room overlooking beautiful scenes of the golf course and the Summerhouse which is a large out-door veranda-like structure, also with beautiful views. I would highly recommend Fox Hills and we were really happy with our choice!

Parents of the Bride

Reviewed on 8/01/2015

We used Fox Hills Banquet Center and in particular the Fox Classic Clubhouse(log cabin). Our daughter fell in love with it the first time we saw it. We loved the rustic yet elegant atmosphere. The gazebo for the ceremony was right outside the hall and it was beautiful! The... Read More staff went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. The food was delicious and generous portions and the strolling appetizers were a favorite. Everyone who attended was impressed and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I cannot say enough about Rebecca, the specialist who helped us plan every detail of our daughter's wedding. She was professional yet caring and patient about meeting all of our needs. We would definitely use this venue again should the need arise.

FOX HILLS - PERFECT RECEPTION

Reviewed on 11/12/2014

Fox Hills was a perfect location for our Wedding reception. The great impression started the first time we visited the club house and met their Wedding Specialist Rebecca. She was thorough with their services and helpful in giving us an idea of what to expect during our... Read More wedding planning. We decided on Fox Hills because it met all of the qualities we were looking for in a location - spacious room with great views of the golf course, excellent food (the staff went out of their way to make sure they met all of our F&B needs), outdoor space for guests during the reception and the pricing was more than fair for the excellent service we received. The day of the wedding the golf course looked incredible, the reception was flawless and the service was perfect. We could not have asked for a better location for our wedding reception, we highly recommend Fox Hills. D & M

Meet The Director of Catering

Rebecca Ameel

I am looking forward to turning your dream wedding into a reality! Email me with questions and/or to schedule a tour at: [email protected] or call my direct line at 734.927.1907.