French's Point

Stockton Springs, ME

An Exceptional Estate for Extraordinary Events

French’s Point is a meticulously restored, turn-of-the-century Estate cottage surrounded by stunning, unrivaled ocean views and five acres of beautifully manicured grounds. Situated on the tip of a Peninsula, adjacent to a State Preserve, French’s Point boasts unparalleled views and privacy.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Tented

246 Hersey Retreat Road, Stockton Springs, ME

The Best Decision We Made

Reviewed on 3/24/2014 Kristin C

I don't even know where to start - French's Point was everything we could've asked for and more. I found them in a Destination Wedding magazine, went to the website, and fell in love. We took a lot of scary steps, planning a wedding from Texas and signing our contract "site... Read More unseen" but every risk we took was rewarded with an amazing experience from start to finish. The staff are warm, friendly, and very attentive. I felt like we had become friends by the end of our experience, and I miss our weekly email exchanges!! Who can say that about their wedding venue contacts?!?! We did almost all our communications via email, which were always prompt and thorough. They were also great about planning conference calls to keep me on target with all the little details. Since we didn't live in Maine, they also gave excellent vendor recommendations, and every single vendor was fantastic. The site itself is stunning - and we also took advantage of renting Beach Rose Farm for Wednesday - Sunday. This was one of my favorite parts of our destination weekend - walking around the farmhouse watching all our closest friends hanging out, playing games, and enjoying each other's company - and enjoying Maine as well (a first time visit for almost everyone attending our wedding)!! During the ceremony the staff kept everything running smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing. The service staff were super attentive and friendly. I had guests tell me it was the best service they've experienced EVER. And the food - it was not "just your typical wedding food" - it was amazing. We did the buffet and there was more than enough for everyone and plenty of variety for those of our guests with specific food requests/issues. We ended the night with the s'mores fire pit and it was a huge hit! All in all, French's Point was the best decision we made for our wedding celebration weekend.

Wedding Weekend Bliss

Reviewed on 11/09/2013 Emily

We could not be happier with our decision to host both our wedding and reception at French's Point! They were there every step of the way, answering questions, providing guidance, and soothing nerves. You will find no finer people and no finer location. Being able to stay in... Read More their farmhouse and spend time with our family and friends prior to the wedding was the icing on the cake to an absolutely beautiful ceremony and reception. It was the first and BEST decision we made in our wedding planning process.

The Best Weekend Ever

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Jessica H

My husband and I used French’s Point Estate for both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding day events. We couldn’t have imagined a more perfect location for everything. The grounds and building are so well maintained there wasn’t a thing out of place. The service both during our... Read More long planning process and on the weekend of was absolutely impeccable. I felt like royalty and all of our guests did too. Most importantly to me, with Jessika, Eric & Sarah in charge I was able to relax and truly enjoy the day; which is everything I had wished for. I never imagined I would get so many complements on our wedding, the location and service but thanks to FP we haven’t stopped hearing about it.

Reviewed on 7/12/2015 heather T

Falling in love is easy, planning a wedding is not, but French's Point will far surpass all your expectations, I promise! Getting married here was more than a wedding, it was an experience and provided ourselves and our guests with a lifetime of memories to walk away with. Our... Read More entire experience with French's Point was amazing, as a result, our wedding was spectacular! From the very beginning when my husband emailed them to inquire about wedding packages and availability to the day after out wedding our we were greeted with true wedding professionalism and highly experienced staff. Our planner, Christina, was a gem to work with, she was always so calm, efficient, kind, and really cares about making your experience exactly what you want it to be! I had my heart set on a winter wedding but we decided to marry in October instead and it turned out to be a beautiful day. We were able to get married outside and the reception was held inside the Estate and was nothing short of fabulous. I cannot tell you how many of our guests told us that our wedding was the best wedding they had ever been to and how many of guests complimented the wait staff and bar staff noting how attentive and professional they all were. One of my friends stated that she felt so special because the servers were so good! We also still have guests raving about how good the food was! Then there is the Beach Rose Farm House, oh the Farm House! I highly recommended renting the Farm House, not only can you have a amazing wedding day with French's Point, you have the option to make it an amazing long weekend! Everyone that stayed with us at the Farm House stated that it was one of the best weekend's of their lives! It was so much fun to get to spend the days leading up to our wedding with our most favorite people! If you want a quintessential, classic, coastal Maine wedding, I guarantee you this place will not disappoint! The grounds at the Estate are breathtaking and all your wedding photos can be right there without having to drive all over the place to find the perfect spot. I can assuredly say that our wedding day was everything I ever dreamed of and more, French's Point will always have a special place in my heart.

Phenomenal Venue!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Lesley S

We had an excellent experience with French's Point. They had excellent customer service from our very first tour of the property all the way till the wedding day and beyond. The planners and all staff take their job very seriously and really excelled at every detail. We could... Read More not have been happier with the outcome! And since they take care of so much of the planning, I was a very relaxed bride which made the day that much more enjoyable. I still have guests raving about their experience. Thanks a ton!

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Samantha D

My wedding at French's Point was absolutely perfect, every one of our guests raved that it was the best wedding they've ever been to. Worth every penny, we rented Beach Rose Farm in addition to the venue for the immediate family and bridal party, such a great experience!

The ultimate private, secluded, romantic waterfront venue!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 victoria p

When Marc and I set about finding a location for our wedding ceremony and reception we knew we wanted waterfront and we wanted to be in Maine, preferably not far from where we live, which is on Mount Desert Island. One of my bridesmaids recommended we tour French's Point. So we... Read More called and they gave us the bridal suite for a night! We didn't know what to expect, and when you drive up to the Estate we were filled with anticipation. The Point is breathtaking. It is a family run business and Jessika's mother is in charge of the gardening. The grounds are lovingly cared for by her. On our actual wedding day it was the summer solstice and the lilacs and wild roses were in flower. As soon as you walked onto the property the air was filled with their perfume. It is a scent that will always take me back to our wedding day. Marc and I rented Beach Rose farm, and we had all our immediate family and wedding party stay there. This was the perfect choice for us as we run a vacation rental business. So it just made sense for us to rent the farm, and other cottages on the point. We wanted people to feel like it was a wedding within a holiday, and it was great to have everyone enjoy their trip to Maine without rushing. Our rehearsal dinner was on the beach and we had a traditional Maine lobster bake. The caters were the same people that do all of the catering for the weddings at French's Point and it was delicious. There are several fire pits, grills, gorgeous overlooks over the water, swings etc. There is not one area that makes French's Point special, every part is given the same thought and care. And they keep improving. We planned our wedding for two years and in that time, they made many improvements and renovations, adding a new sail cloth tent, renovating rooms at the farm, adding gardens etc. However, above all, it is Jessika and her trusty team, Christina and Sarah that make this place special and stand out from the rest. After planning a wedding I know how stressful it can be, and how important it is to have a good relationship with your vendors. The most frustrating thing can be is not hearing back from someone promptly. I never had this problem with French's Point. Everyone listens and gives great advice. And on the day they are calming and sensitive to every need and know how to keep the day on track. I can't say enough good things about the FP family. If you are dithering between here and somewhere else, look no further. You have found the ultimate private, secluded, romantic spot on earth.

Best Day of My Life!

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Marissa Z

French's Point is the a picturesque spot to get married but what really makes it wonderful is the service and the staff. They really work with you to make sure you get your vision, they are accommodating to different meals, and they really make you feel like you are the only... Read More bride that they are working with. The accommodations at the neighboring farm house are perfect for a wedding party or family gathering prior to the big event. They have an on-site boudoir suite where all of the ladies and I got ready beforehand making it a perfect and relaxing morning. They also make sure all of the VIP guests are served, get appetizers, cocktails, and are in good hands. It was such a magical experience and the staff and venue were a big part of it!

Amazing Location and Service

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Anna M

French's Point was run by a wonderful group of people who worked hard and did an amazing job with my wedding. They were helpful, organized, accommodating, and did everything to the highest level of class.

2013-01-21T15:12:06 Response from Jessica, the member

Hi Ace, can you tell me more about the catering they have at French's Point? I am going up to see them but will not have an opportunity to taste any of the catering options before putting down the security deposit. Thanks!

Gorgeous Location, Excellent Service

Reviewed on 10/12/2010 Annie G

The first thing you notice when you arrive at French’s Point is the ocean. The views are breathtakingly beautiful, especially on a sunny day. Once you have taken in your natural surrounding you start to notice the beauty of everything else. The landscaping at French’s Point... Read More is immaculate. Over the course of my engagement I visited French’s Point several times during three of the four seasons. Each time I visited the seasonal flower variety only added to the natural beauty of the location. The interior of French’s Point is almost as beautiful as the outside. The large windows allow guests access to the view while enjoying dinner and dancing. We had 150 guests at our September 17th, 2010 wedding which was a perfect fit for this location. All of our guests comfortably fit into the dinner room and left plenty of room for dancing and visiting in the other rooms. Because the weather cooperated we were able to enjoy a cocktail hour on the patio. An additional bar was set-up outside for the cocktail hour to better serve the guests. We have and continue to receive raving reviews about the French’s Point venue, including a friend’s mother saying “my son is definitely getting married here”. My grandfather, who is not quick to give out compliments, said “this is the best location and venue I have ever seen for a wedding.” The bridal suite upstairs was the perfect place for me and my bridal party to get ready. We were able to have our hair and makeup done onsite while enjoying the beautiful views and the ocean breeze. The service while we were getting ready was also excellent. There was always someone checking in to see if how everything was going and if we needed anything. Jessika was also a pleasure to work with. She is very profession and is an excellent wedding planner. The French’s Point website is also offers a wealth of knowledge on local vendors and things to do while in the area. I referenced and referred it constantly during the wedding planning process. Overall, the venue was gorgeous and the service was excellent.

2013-01-21T15:11:30 Response from Jessica, the member