We are photographers for life, moment by moment!

From The Hip Photo, Colorado’s best-reviewed photography team, is a full-service, professional company specializing in a wide array of disciplines so we can step in and tackle all of your photography needs, both personally and professionally. We do it all, from engagements, weddings, and newborn sessions to aerial drone photography and video, commercial space interiors and exteriors, and construction documentation all the way to professional company headshots and events. We are photographers for life. Our mission is to capture genuine moments with artistry and creativity, and provide unrivaled service that is honest and unforgettable. We always seeks to adapt our style of candid photography to the specifics of your situation, your priorities, and your goals for the finished product.

Artistic, Classic, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

9064 E. 37th Ave., Denver, CO Nation and world wide travel (720) 251-5329

Best Photographers Ever!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Gina G

We would recommend From the Hip Photo to anyone! They did our wedding in July in Estes Park and they did an absolutely phenomenal job! They were very communicative before our wedding to see what we wanted and Danny and Jess were so calm and pleasant during our wedding. It was so... Read More nice working with them. Also, Nina did a great job doing all the behind the scenes work on our photos. Within the first two weeks of our wedding, they shared a "sneak peak" of our wedding photos and they shared the rest of them shortly after this. We were thrilled with the quality of our photos and how fast we received our photos. Danny even gave us Voodoo Doughnuts when we met with him to view our photos. Our guests raved about the quality of the photos. It is so nice to be able to relive our wedding through the spectacular photos that they took. Overall, everyone at From the Hip is so nice and passionate for the work that they do. They are so pleasant to work with and the quality of their work is absolutely phenomenal. We highly highly highly recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Lin M

Our wedding photos are beyond amazing! We love each and every photo. Nina took the time to look through sample photos that I loved so we could recreate exactly what I pictured and she took many others that were better than what I had envisioned. She captured everything from the... Read More little detail up to the large landscape of our Arrowhead venue. She has the talent and the eye and made us look good! For our engagement photos, we couldn't come to Colorado since we were living in Miami and crazily enough Danny was coming to Miami for another shoot and carved out some time for our engagement shoot. He was very flexible and pleasant to work with and our photos turned out great! When we showed friends and family our photos, they said it looks like a cover of a bridal magazine and we agree. We couldn't believe how well it all turned out. We are extremely glad we went with From the Hip to capture one of the most important days of our lives. We will have priceless beautiful memories that we will cherish forever.

Photographers for Life!!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Joy S

I love these guys. Danny and Nina captured so many moments from our wedding day that were truly precious. I cherish the memories from my wedding day, but as most brides will tell you, it goes by in a flash. I cannot stress enough how important it is to have an amazing... Read More photographer (or two!) to make sure you are able to relive those memories for years to come. I literally welled up with tears when I was able to see the special moments that were captured. From the Hip went above and beyond to make sure we got everything we wanted out of our wedding photos. We had a lot of obstacles on our wedding day from running really late, to bad weather, and everything in between. Danny & Nina's cool, composed attitude, and go with the flow nature were SO helpful in making sure we got every shot we wanted amidst all the stress and chaos of the day. Funny side note- I ended up not having a ride from the hotel to the wedding venue at the last second, and these guys were there to actually drive me to the venue! Nina even got a gorgeous shot of me from the car that ended up being one of my favorite photos of the day. My husband and I are now expecting our first child, and when I think of maternity pictures, and family photos for years to come, I can't think of anyone else I would want to share our family's moments with than FTH.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Chase E

They were so easy to work with, they were not intrusive, if we asked for a specific photo, it was done! Beautiful pictures!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Ben G

Nina and I shared a moment.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Dustin B

As is fairly typical, my lovely (now) wife took on a lot of the planning for our wedding. Though I often do sweat a lot of details, I knew that most wedding details would matter more to her. I was happily a participating passenger rather than the driver for our big day. With... Read More most wedding choices she'd present a few options and we would work towards a choice together. Easy peasy. Choosing who would document this day in photographs was an entirely different story. She pointed me to From the Hip's site and let me know she was setting up a meeting. The portfolio was (is) impressive. I had no problem with her choice. The meeting was with Danny. There was a natural click that both put us at ease and made us very eager to work with From the Hip. Each example looked like a model wedding...Except they were real weddings because Danny would talk fondly of the people in each photo they chose to present. Like he was a friend who enjoyed his work. Deal:sealed. Nina photographed our wedding. Nina is great to work with and had all kinds of great ideas. Your wedding is a day when you should feel special. We did that well, and Nina was instrumental in us feeling very VERY cool on top of that. Seriously, rock stars. Nina and Danny have to be the very raddest couple around. In the end all you have are your memories. Nina and Danny captured our day better than we could have ever remembered on our own. They made me want to host more events. And have them all photographed.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Suzy B

From the Hip went above and beyond for our wedding. Not only do our photos look more beautiful than our wildest dreams, but they were also the most helpful and easy to work with team. At any point in the process, they were available for anything from recommending makeup... Read More vendors to just generally calming my nerves as a bride. We were so impressed by their balance of professionalism and personality. Absolutely, 100%, don't hesitate to use From the Hip -- DO IT -- you won't be sorry.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Elisabeth W

Gorgeous, Elegant, Creative, Stunning, Breathtaking... These are just a few of the words used by friends, family, and vendors to describe our wedding photos. You cannot beat the quality or style that From the Hip provides, but more than that, it's their genuine interest,... Read More enthusiasm, and care that truly sets them apart. We now use From the Hip for all our photo needs and we couldn't be more thrilled with the relationship we've built with their whole team.

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 KYLIE M

I picked From the Hip and could not have been happier. Since i had a small court wedding i didnt need the whole 4 photogs for 6 hour deal. From the Hip sent one photog who was fabulous to help capture the moments for a a fee that was very reasonable. Would recommend them every... Read More time!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Victoria O

As soon as we met Nina and Danny we knew they were the perfect people to capture our wedding. They were attentive, professional, fun, and caught our day exactly as we had hoped! We could not be happier with the outcome!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Kelly T

I loved working with From the HIp Photo. I worked specifically with Nina. She went above and beyond. She answered all my questions, made me feel comfortable and worked with everything I asked for. She took the time to help me think outside the box and really capture the... Read More important moments! The pictures are BEAUTIFUL! From the Hip Photo was very professional and fun to spend the day with. It was important to my Husband and I that we didn't spend all day taking pictures. They did a great job making sure we got all the important shots but being quick and efficient so we could spend more time with our guests at the reception. I give them a VERY high recommendation for the quality of work they do. The pictures are beautiful (and I haven't even received the second round of re-touched images yet). We got married downtown Denver and I wanted to capture a very urban feel and look which was accomplished. i HIGHLY recommend From the Hip Photo. -Kelly -Kelly

Reviewed on 11/10/2015

If I could give more stars, I would! From the beginning, photography was my number 1 priority when it came to wedding budgeting. I scoured the internet, and me and my (new!) husband interviewed many great candidates. From the get go, we knew that From the Hip was our #1 choice.... Read More These people just "get it!". Our photographers were Kristin and Katie, and they knocked it out of the park. We were able to do a most cherished at-home engagement shoot prior to the wedding that left me breathless. Even shots that I could have sworn would be less than flattering were just breathtaking, playful, light and tender. The same applies to our wedding photos. They so captured the essence of our fun day, and were even more excited about our quirky details than we were! Communication with our photographers was astounding throughout the whole process, and both Katie and Kristin were respectful, sweet, professional and creative in every encounter along the way. I cannot say enough good things about From the Hip- book them and you won't be sorry!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

A family friend of ours suggested that we use From the Hip after they did their wedding. We are so happy we used their suggestion because they were fantastic!! The pictures turned out absolutely beautiful and Nina was amazing to work with! I cannot get enough of the pictures and... Read More my friends and family agree!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katie M

We just finished looking through the photos from our wedding on October 4th a few days ago and we are blown away! From the Hip did such an amazing job getting creative photos of us all around the Botanic Gardens, as well as capturing moments throughout the day that were really... Read More special to us. Their experience is really evident in the photos they captured without me noticing they were even standing there! I couldn't believe it when I saw a photo of my dad's face the first time he saw me in my dress because I didn't even realize they had walked into the room and were photographing. I definitely recommend them to anyone looking for great candid, artistic, photography and can't stress the importance of having tangible memories of every moment of our wedding day!

So wonderful

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Whitney S

From the Hip is a gem of a company. From the moment we contacted them, they have been great. We were paired with Kristin who has such an easy personality to just let you be yourself. We did the Cherry on Top package and it was totally worth it...it included an hour session which... Read More I used as a boudoir session, an engagement session which Kristin drove to where we lived, two photographers for the wedding plus a third photographer for a photobooth. Kristin and Nora made the day of photos so easy and fun and they felt like old friends. They helped scope out a location for First Look photos and made that little session a lot of fun and easing pre-ceremony jitters. The photobooth was such an unexpected hit and the photos look so wonderful. It can be hard to just be photogenic but they gave great directions and made it fun and easy on top of great photography. Our favorite aspect of From the Hip is how authentic the photos look...less posed and stiff. They really work their asses off to capture people how they really are.

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

FROM THE HIP PHOTO went above and beyond to capture our wedding. They were documenting our day from beginning to end, but they also used their photography to tell the story of our day. They focused on details as well as the big picture. FROM THE HIP PHOTO also brought creative... Read More ideas to the table which allowed us to have those fun/off-beat and unique photos. Most importantly, they really gave us a lot of great proofs to choose from, and they went the distance when it came to editing down our top pictures. We can't recommend them enough. Seriously amazing.

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Laura S

Danny and Nina were amazing! From the very start they were very easy to work with and the communication was great! They have a creative eye and their photos are just beautiful. It was so much fun working with them the day of our wedding. They got some amazing shots and... Read More were just a pleasure to be around and work with. I cant say enough good things about working with the crew from at the hip! We highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Lindsey R

Danny and from the hip blessed us with the most breathtaking wedding photos, ever! I will be using them for any photo ops my husband and I have in the future!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015

I can not say enough wonderful things about Nina and Danny with From the HIp! They made every little detail, from the inital meeting, engagement photos to the big day seemless and special. Nina even saved the day when the white dress became too tight after too much food and... Read More dancing. Thank you for capturing EVERY special moment perfectly. We will never use another photographer….I mean it :)

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 elle o

While we were conscious of cost in looking for vendors for our May 2015 wedding, one area where we knew we were not spending but INVESTING was in a photographer. We searched high and low for the perfect photographers and found them in FTHP! I am VERY detail oriented and was... Read More quite tedious in my questions. Nina was gracious, patient, and kind throughout the entire process. I did a boudoir shoot two days before my wedding and my husband LOVED the photos. Our wedding photos were perfect. We had oodles to choose from and they captured all of the "must have" photos we requested plus countless more. Our friends and families love the photos as well. Our wedding album is in the works and I have no doubt that it, too, will be wonderful. I highly recommend From the Hip Photo for ANY type of event that needs to be photographed.

From the Hip Photo

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Cameron S

They are excellent. The package included the engagement shoot, the boudoir shoot, 2 photographers for 8 hours on the wedding day, a photo booth, 2 rounds of editing, $100 print credit, and probably more things I can't think of at the moment! They provide a lot at an amazing... Read More quality.

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Jonathan H

Danny and Nina took photographs both at our wedding and reception, and there are few words to express how pleased we are with his level of service and the results. To start with, Danny and Nina have been punctual, polite, and downright effervescent during the entire process.... Read More I cannot begin to explain how important that fact is when the stress of a wedding descends. Simply being able to rely on his energy levels and knowledge during the events was a godsend. Furthermore, Danny and Nina (and the whole From the Hip team, including Katie and Kristin) have maintained excellent communication with us during the entire lead-up to the process, addressing not only our concerns but also adapting to our ever-changing schedule of events seamlessly. Lastly, THE PHOTOS ARE BEAUTIFUL. 'nuf said.

An excellent choice in photography

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

My husband and I could not have been more pleased with the work and product provided by the team at From the Hip Photography. They are friendly, down to earth, creative and incredibly talented in the world of photography. They also provide incredibly fair and competitive price... Read More structures. We received all of our images from our wedding within 6 weeks of our wedding date. It was incredibly difficult choosing which of the original photos for re-touching, as ALL of the images taken that day were incredible. But, it didn't matter because the team at From the Hip allows you to keep ALL of the images they take during your wedding. We certainly will be using their services for all of our photography needs in the future.

Beautiful rustic images full of spontaneity

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Helena W

From the Hip photographed my wedding and did a phenomenal job. Jess was professional and got so many stunning shots, I couldn't believe it. She and her co-photographer were amazing at catching everyone in just the right moment making people look great...definitely hard to do!... Read More The two were also very unobtrusive, many people barely noticed they were there. They got all the images I had wanted and were very affordable for their quality of work. The owners/photographers are also gracious and just all-around great people. I would highly recommend From the Hip!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Marquita A

The most amazing photographers and so nice and easy to work with!

Danny de Zayas

CO-FOUNDER & CHIEF LOVE OFFICER Born in and raised in Miami, Danny moved to Manhattan to study film and emergent technology at NYU. While there, he met his wife (and From the Hip co-founder) Nina, helped run a national clothing company, and launched an online music retailer. Danny and Nina relocated to Denver at the beginning of 2007 and live with their two feisty little girls in Stapleton. His passions include films, exploring new cities by foot, singing along to The Smiths and Beach House while in the shower, and hunting down the spiciest Thai food in Denver.