We are photographers for life, moment by moment!

From The Hip Photo, Colorado’s best-reviewed photography team, is a full-service, professional company specializing in a wide array of disciplines so we can step in and tackle all of your photography needs, both personally and professionally. We do it all, from engagements, weddings, and newborn sessions to aerial drone photography and video, commercial space interiors and exteriors, and construction documentation all the way to professional company headshots and events. We are photographers for life. Our mission is to capture genuine moments with artistry and creativity, and provide unrivaled service that is honest and unforgettable. We always seeks to adapt our style of candid photography to the specifics of your situation, your priorities, and your goals for the finished product.

Artistic, Classic, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

2501 Dallas St., Suite 272, Denver, CO Nation and world wide travel (720) 390-5995

Best Photographers Ever!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Gina G

We would recommend From the Hip Photo to anyone! They did our wedding in July in Estes Park and they did an absolutely phenomenal job! They were very communicative before our wedding to see what we wanted and Danny and Jess were so calm and pleasant during our wedding. It was so... Read More nice working with them. Also, Nina did a great job doing all the behind the scenes work on our photos. Within the first two weeks of our wedding, they shared a "sneak peak" of our wedding photos and they shared the rest of them shortly after this. We were thrilled with the quality of our photos and how fast we received our photos. Danny even gave us Voodoo Doughnuts when we met with him to view our photos. Our guests raved about the quality of the photos. It is so nice to be able to relive our wedding through the spectacular photos that they took. Overall, everyone at From the Hip is so nice and passionate for the work that they do. They are so pleasant to work with and the quality of their work is absolutely phenomenal. We highly highly highly recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Lin M

Our wedding photos are beyond amazing! We love each and every photo. Nina took the time to look through sample photos that I loved so we could recreate exactly what I pictured and she took many others that were better than what I had envisioned. She captured everything from the... Read More little detail up to the large landscape of our Arrowhead venue. She has the talent and the eye and made us look good! For our engagement photos, we couldn't come to Colorado since we were living in Miami and crazily enough Danny was coming to Miami for another shoot and carved out some time for our engagement shoot. He was very flexible and pleasant to work with and our photos turned out great! When we showed friends and family our photos, they said it looks like a cover of a bridal magazine and we agree. We couldn't believe how well it all turned out. We are extremely glad we went with From the Hip to capture one of the most important days of our lives. We will have priceless beautiful memories that we will cherish forever.

Photographers for Life!!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Joy S

I love these guys. Danny and Nina captured so many moments from our wedding day that were truly precious. I cherish the memories from my wedding day, but as most brides will tell you, it goes by in a flash. I cannot stress enough how important it is to have an amazing... Read More photographer (or two!) to make sure you are able to relive those memories for years to come. I literally welled up with tears when I was able to see the special moments that were captured. From the Hip went above and beyond to make sure we got everything we wanted out of our wedding photos. We had a lot of obstacles on our wedding day from running really late, to bad weather, and everything in between. Danny & Nina's cool, composed attitude, and go with the flow nature were SO helpful in making sure we got every shot we wanted amidst all the stress and chaos of the day. Funny side note- I ended up not having a ride from the hotel to the wedding venue at the last second, and these guys were there to actually drive me to the venue! Nina even got a gorgeous shot of me from the car that ended up being one of my favorite photos of the day. My husband and I are now expecting our first child, and when I think of maternity pictures, and family photos for years to come, I can't think of anyone else I would want to share our family's moments with than FTH.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Justin S

We loved our experience with From the Hip! The team was exceptionally communicative and worked to get to know us as a couple before the wedding. We had several requests for different shots and moments, and they nailed them all. Our pictures turned out absolutely perfect. Also,... Read More everyone on the team is so kind, very fun, and committed to ensuring your day is perfect. We love them!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Alex S

Words cannot explain how amazing our experience was with From the Hip. They were so easy to work with from the moment we contacted them about being our photographers for our destination wedding. Our engagement pictures were amazing and our wedding pictures were beyond anything... Read More that we had imagined. They traveled out to Mexico with us and made the process so easy. I would recommend them to anyone and will definitely be using them for any future pictures we take as a family. We had Nina as our photographer and she was so great and so easy to work with. When I had questions or information to share, they quickly responded. Overall, our experience with From the Hip was perfect and we highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Mandy G

If I could give more stars I absolutely would!! From the first phone call with Danny we knew that FTH would be our photographers, they were so personable and down to earth! We had a unique situation in that we had our ceremony in Colorado and our reception in NJ. Nina and Danny... Read More were able to accommodate our request and we were so happy to have Nina with us for both of our celebrations! The photos were incredible and they were great to work with from start to finish, we couldn't be happier! Highly highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017

I wish there was sixth star I could give Danny and Nina. They helped made planning the wedding fun. Over a beer, no less, we came up with how we wanted the event captured, and the results were exactly what we wanted. We had them shoot both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding,... Read More highly recommended, and bring along a photo booth to the wedding. (They staff the "booth" with a photographer to make sure every image is picture-perfect. I still see friends posting their pictures!) And how lovely it was to have them there!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Lauren M

From the hip was great in helping us plan shots for our wedding. On that day, they helped us stay on our timeline and make sure we got all the photos we wanted! The pictures were AMAZING and we have received so many compliments on them. We are so pleased we chose From the Hip!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Kelly M

After doing our engagement shoot with From the Hip, we knew our wedding photos were going to be just as spectacular. For both the engagement session and the wedding, my wife and I were nervous about feeling too staged and cheesy. From the Hip photographers makes you feel... Read More incredibly comfortable in front of the lens, and the photos come out amazing every time! We could not be happier, both with our artsy engagement photos taken in our favorite Denver neighborhood and the pure genius of our wedding photos taken in the foothills. If photos are important to you (as they should be), From the Hip is an easy first (and only) choice!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Kaitlyn M

We absolutely LOVED From the Hip Photo and can't recommend them highly enough. We got married at the Botanic Gardens and had a reception at Moss Denver and they were incredibly easy to work with, familiar with both locations, and made everyone feel comfortable and beautiful the... Read More entire day. Our photos turned out beautifully, and they are so unique and fun. Working with Danny to set everything up was easy, relaxing, and enjoyable. They were more expensive than other photographers we looked at, but in the end, I am thrilled we spent the extra money to have these incredible memories of our day.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Marc H

They were super accommodating and really great. They made everyone feel comfortable and we received our fantastic photos really quickly.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Emma L

The Best Ever! From The Hip Photo brings professional to a new level. They are truly experts at what they do. Every moment captured speaks 1,000 words of beauty and joy. Exactly what we experienced on our wedding day, and now we have those moments captured in time to go back... Read More and relive over and over again. If you want memories that will last a life time, memories that will bring a smile to your face every time you see them, then From the Hip Photo is the right choice for you. No one else can compare to the level of integrity they put into their work.

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Victoria V

Communication in the beginning was very good, I did ask once or twice if I could meet with the photographer. It's crucial to have clear communication about what's expected from everyone. Did not receive a clear answer, but was told that if I have any questions or photos that we... Read More would like to have our session inpsired by, to let them know. I sent about 4 photos, none of which are close to ours. WHICH IS OKAY, a simple "we may not be able to duplicate these" would have been appreciated. They told us to pick the location and they were happy to book it. We found it on their website. We had a session on a Sunday night, and there were about 20-30 other people there. Being we took the inspiration from their website, one could assume the photographers are well aware that there may be a crowd of people. We would have picked a different location. That was inconsiderate. Our photographer was very nice and friendly and even asked us if we wanted any additional shoots we had in mind after our appointment. It did feel a bit rushed. I understand, It's only an hour. However, I would so much rather have only 10 incredible pictures than tons and tons of posed, awkward pictures. The background was so beautiful. I cried for so long when I saw these pictures were not what I had expected. And I've looked on their website, I had sent pictures so they could at least get a feel what I am looking for, it was just not even close. In my opinion. And so I emailed one of the owners and politely stated, we are not interested in downloading or purchasing any of the photos and asked if we could get a refund. I even thanked them for shooting with us! I received a phone call while at work, and a voicemail from the other owner explaining that she received my email and wanted to touch base. I didn't want to touch base. If I wanted to make fuss or give any feedback I would have called. But I emailed. A simple "Unfortunately Victoria we do not give refunds" email back would have been 10000000% fine. I just wanted to move on. With hesitation, I called back and left a voicemail explaining that I was at work, but am on lunch. Owner calls me back asking for feedback and I explained that it felt rushed and we were just not satisfied with the photos, they seemed posed, and only wanted to know if we could get our money back. She says to me "to be frank, I think they came out really beautiful." I told her thank you and that's great you feel that way but at the end of the day they are not her photos. This went BACK AND FORTH for what felt like 10 minutes. She kept telling me it was her favorite shoot and that she thought I looked really beautiful, again, thanked her for the compliments but we did not feel that way. She asked if they could do additional tweaking, don't know why since my complaint were the poses. She offered a new shoot, she would do it herself, at this point BEYOND not interested. Mentioned they couldn't refund, I said that's okay I just wanted to move on. Eventually I got fed up and told her that her continued opinions on our photos felt like she was trying to make me feel guilty or to agree. She insisted that wasn't the case. Throughout the ENTIRE conversation she laughed. I asked her if she thought this was funny, she said it was "awkward." The most unprofessional conversation ever. Most unpleasant experience. So pushy. So rude.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Jessie B

The whole team was amazing from the start of planning our wedding to the wedding itself! Ashleigh was amazing at bothe sessions we had with her! Such a great company to work with and the pictures are incredible!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Chase E

They were so easy to work with, they were not intrusive, if we asked for a specific photo, it was done! Beautiful pictures!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Ben G

Nina and I shared a moment.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Dustin B

As is fairly typical, my lovely (now) wife took on a lot of the planning for our wedding. Though I often do sweat a lot of details, I knew that most wedding details would matter more to her. I was happily a participating passenger rather than the driver for our big day. With... Read More most wedding choices she'd present a few options and we would work towards a choice together. Easy peasy. Choosing who would document this day in photographs was an entirely different story. She pointed me to From the Hip's site and let me know she was setting up a meeting. The portfolio was (is) impressive. I had no problem with her choice. The meeting was with Danny. There was a natural click that both put us at ease and made us very eager to work with From the Hip. Each example looked like a model wedding...Except they were real weddings because Danny would talk fondly of the people in each photo they chose to present. Like he was a friend who enjoyed his work. Deal:sealed. Nina photographed our wedding. Nina is great to work with and had all kinds of great ideas. Your wedding is a day when you should feel special. We did that well, and Nina was instrumental in us feeling very VERY cool on top of that. Seriously, rock stars. Nina and Danny have to be the very raddest couple around. In the end all you have are your memories. Nina and Danny captured our day better than we could have ever remembered on our own. They made me want to host more events. And have them all photographed.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Suzy B

From the Hip went above and beyond for our wedding. Not only do our photos look more beautiful than our wildest dreams, but they were also the most helpful and easy to work with team. At any point in the process, they were available for anything from recommending makeup... Read More vendors to just generally calming my nerves as a bride. We were so impressed by their balance of professionalism and personality. Absolutely, 100%, don't hesitate to use From the Hip -- DO IT -- you won't be sorry.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Elisabeth W

Gorgeous, Elegant, Creative, Stunning, Breathtaking... These are just a few of the words used by friends, family, and vendors to describe our wedding photos. You cannot beat the quality or style that From the Hip provides, but more than that, it's their genuine interest,... Read More enthusiasm, and care that truly sets them apart. We now use From the Hip for all our photo needs and we couldn't be more thrilled with the relationship we've built with their whole team.

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 KYLIE M

I picked From the Hip and could not have been happier. Since i had a small court wedding i didnt need the whole 4 photogs for 6 hour deal. From the Hip sent one photog who was fabulous to help capture the moments for a a fee that was very reasonable. Would recommend them every... Read More time!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Victoria O

As soon as we met Nina and Danny we knew they were the perfect people to capture our wedding. They were attentive, professional, fun, and caught our day exactly as we had hoped! We could not be happier with the outcome!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Kelly T

I loved working with From the HIp Photo. I worked specifically with Nina. She went above and beyond. She answered all my questions, made me feel comfortable and worked with everything I asked for. She took the time to help me think outside the box and really capture the... Read More important moments! The pictures are BEAUTIFUL! From the Hip Photo was very professional and fun to spend the day with. It was important to my Husband and I that we didn't spend all day taking pictures. They did a great job making sure we got all the important shots but being quick and efficient so we could spend more time with our guests at the reception. I give them a VERY high recommendation for the quality of work they do. The pictures are beautiful (and I haven't even received the second round of re-touched images yet). We got married downtown Denver and I wanted to capture a very urban feel and look which was accomplished. i HIGHLY recommend From the Hip Photo. -Kelly -Kelly

Reviewed on 11/10/2015

If I could give more stars, I would! From the beginning, photography was my number 1 priority when it came to wedding budgeting. I scoured the internet, and me and my (new!) husband interviewed many great candidates. From the get go, we knew that From the Hip was our #1 choice.... Read More These people just "get it!". Our photographers were Kristin and Katie, and they knocked it out of the park. We were able to do a most cherished at-home engagement shoot prior to the wedding that left me breathless. Even shots that I could have sworn would be less than flattering were just breathtaking, playful, light and tender. The same applies to our wedding photos. They so captured the essence of our fun day, and were even more excited about our quirky details than we were! Communication with our photographers was astounding throughout the whole process, and both Katie and Kristin were respectful, sweet, professional and creative in every encounter along the way. I cannot say enough good things about From the Hip- book them and you won't be sorry!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

A family friend of ours suggested that we use From the Hip after they did their wedding. We are so happy we used their suggestion because they were fantastic!! The pictures turned out absolutely beautiful and Nina was amazing to work with! I cannot get enough of the pictures and... Read More my friends and family agree!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katie M

We just finished looking through the photos from our wedding on October 4th a few days ago and we are blown away! From the Hip did such an amazing job getting creative photos of us all around the Botanic Gardens, as well as capturing moments throughout the day that were really... Read More special to us. Their experience is really evident in the photos they captured without me noticing they were even standing there! I couldn't believe it when I saw a photo of my dad's face the first time he saw me in my dress because I didn't even realize they had walked into the room and were photographing. I definitely recommend them to anyone looking for great candid, artistic, photography and can't stress the importance of having tangible memories of every moment of our wedding day!

Danny de Zayas

CO-FOUNDER & CHIEF LOVE OFFICER Born in and raised in Miami, Danny moved to Manhattan to study film and emergent technology at NYU. While there, he met his wife (and From the Hip co-founder) Nina, helped run a national clothing company, and launched an online music retailer. Danny and Nina relocated to Denver at the beginning of 2007 and live with their two feisty little girls in Stapleton. His passions include films, exploring new cities by foot, singing along to The Smiths and Beach House while in the shower, and hunting down the spiciest Thai food in Denver.