Your wedding floral specialist

Every bride deserves her dream wedding. GVL Floral specializes in bringing your vision to life. From bold and colorful to soft and romantic, Gail has an eye for creating each individual look. Our wedding florals are a reflection of detail, integrity and style.

Flower Crowns, Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Alternatives, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

6496 Rogue Rapids Court, Belmont, MI (616) 260-0812

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Jenna P

Gail is a gift! She's so flexible and accommodating, she can make any vision come to life. We originally had a pretty substantial budget and Gail was able to build us a beautiful floral plan, but when we had to scale back on our budget, she was ready to build something new. She... Read More is really easy to work with. And the flowers are amazing! Everyone gushed over how perfect our bouquets looked and the boutonnières were better than I expected.

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Sharon H

Gail, you are truly amazing at what you do! I loved the flowers that I had for my wedding. She created exactly what I had pictured in my mind. I told her exactly what I wanted and she was able to create the exact bouquets that I wanted! The unity candle centerpiece was gorgeous!... Read More I just loved all the flowers so much! The centerpieces were gorgeous and we loved the gold mercury glass vases that we rented from Gail. Gail, you are truly gifted and we are so grateful for the hard work you did for our wedding day. You will not be disappointed if you choose Gail to do your flowers for your big day!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Nancy P

Gail did an amazing and beautiful job with the flowers for the weddings of my two daughters in 2016. I don't believe that there is a florist in Grand Rapids who could have done better! She was able to meet with each daughter to learn and interpret exactly what each wanted in... Read More order to set the tone and the look for their big day! She was willing to try something new to achieve the look (foilagen only) for one of the events. Gail is patient and easy to work with. She knows her flowers and had many good suggestions. She was patient and willing to tweak the order as we went along. The types of flowers and the quality of the products was outstanding and she achieved exactly the look that each daughter wanted, and everything was perfectly timed. We couldn't be more pleased!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Kari B

Gail was absolutely wonderful to work with!! She was very professional and had lots and lots of options and ideas to work with. She really captured our personality with our flowers and centerpiece arrangements. She was very patient and was able to accommodate many last minute... Read More changes (oops!). When meeting with her, she has lots of books with options as well as different vases for centerpieces and even ran downstairs and gathered things to show me! She has a vast amount of knowledge and experience which helped me throughout the process. Price was very, very good as well! The flowers were so fresh and beautiful, making my wedding a dream a reality!!! The quality that Gail puts into her work really shines through! I had numerous compliments on my flowers as well as large 42in pilsner vases which I used through Gail. I was impressed from start to finish, everything went perfect and I can't say enough about how wonderful she is!!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Carol A

We used Gail for both of our daughters weddings and were very happy with her work. I have recommended her to friends who have also used her and been pleased. She does beautiful work for a reasonable price and is very easy to work with. She offers great suggestions and also... Read More meets the wishes of the bride. I would highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Ashley F

Gail is an expert at what she does. She's so good that she doesn't even really advertise because her word of mouth recommendations are so strong. My mom's friend used her arrangements for her daughter's wedding and sent her our way and I could not have been more pleased. I... Read More came to her with a few different ideas and Gail was able to meld them together to exactly what I wanted. She has extensive knowledge of flowers and plants, her arrangements are beautiful and her prices are reasonable. We wanted to use our own milk glass and green vases, all of varying sizes and though it was complicated, she made it work very well and arranged them so beautifully. We had succulents as a part of our theme and I asked her to plant some of them in soil in the vases instead of cutting them and she was happy to do so at no extra cost. She was flexible when I needed to adjust my order size for an additional corsage and with changing numbers of table arrangements. On the day of the wedding she did all of the setup easily and seamlessly on her own and even made some last minute additions with extra flowers she had left over. My bouquet was one of my favorite things at the wedding it was so beautiful! Gail comes highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Katy R

The flowers not only looked stunning but smelled amazing. The memory of the bridal bouquet smelling of fresh roses and peony will be forever in my pleasant memories. So many compliments from guests and Gail was a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Sarah K

From the first time we sat down with Gail we knew she was the one for us! She listened to all of our ideas and wrote out a very detailed floral plan. The flowers were perfect, every detail was just as we planned it, she took the time to come to the venue and arrange all of the... Read More flowers and she even patiently and calmly changed the bridesmaids bouquets at the last minute.

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Karah S

Gail, you are phenomenal! The bouquets, centerpieces, flower crowns, and other floral decorations were just as I imagined. Abssolutely beautiful work! I can't even count the number of times people commented on how gorgeous the flowers were. Gail was easy to work with, so... Read More accommodating, and very affordable! Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Brecken B

Gail, Thank you, thank you, thank you! Our wedding flowers, centerpiece and bouquets were so beautiful. We had so many people ask my bride if the bouquet was real. It was stunning. To those shopping for a florist, look no further. Gail met with us on several occasions, was... Read More very accurate, proactive and so affordable. She made our event like a fairytale. We didn't have to do a thing other than tell her what we liked. Gail is an artist and you will not be disappointed. The grateful groom, Bret

An absolute Dream!

Reviewed on 1/18/2016

Without Gail, our wedding just would not have even been the same event! Gail was absolutely wonderful to work with in planning the wedding. She did an excellent job of hearing what I wanted and also gently gave me her opinion, which was very helpful. She was conscientious of... Read More the budget, creating an absolutely STUNNING archway for the ceremony using faux-flowers that nobody could even guess were not real. One of the things that made us so happy we chose GVL floral was Gail's incredible organization and the fact that she did it ALL. She helped me pick out and ordered all the linens, chair sashes, aisle runner, napkins; she rented a giant fabric "swag" to decorate the double staircase and provided absolutely every decoration we needed. She worked effectively with the staff at the Amway including setup and takedown and we did not have to worry about a thing. She even rearranged some of our floral arrangements to decorate at our breakfast the next morning! To boot, my bridesmaids' bouquets were exactly what I was imagining and more. Florals and decorations were one of the most important things to me in planning the wedding and GVL Floral absolutely hit it out of the park. We received so many compliments. We couldn't be more grateful.

FABULOUS FLORIST

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Kacie K

Gail did a fabulous job of providing the flowers for our daughters wedding and she was very easy to work with. She had many photo albums of ideas which helped us immensely. She really listened to what we had in mind and came through beautifully. Many people at the wedding... Read More commented on our flowers and table arrangements. We had three different arrangements for the reception tables and it gave the room a beautiful look. She had the flowers delivered on time, set everything up for us and also returned at the end of the night to pick up vases. If you need a florist give Gail a call - she really is fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Sonya C

My husband and I had our wedding at Thousand Oaks Golf Course this past summer. Gail and her husband set-up both our ceremony and reception. Every aspect of our wedding was perfect, thanks to Gail and her team. Gail's floral arrangements were of the highest quality and... Read More brighten our pictures and tables. Gail is very easy to work with; she listens to your ideas and works with your budget. She comes highly recommend!!

Talented Florist

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Mandi C

Gail did an amazing job at our wedding over the summer. She is very knowledgable, creative and on top of everything. I showed her some pictures of flowers that I liked and she ran with it! The flowers at our outdoor venue and reception were perfect and the bouquets were... Read More gorgeous. I highly recommend using Gail!

Simply Elegant

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Stacey C

Gail helped make our daughter's wedding day perfect! She delivered more than what we had hoped for in fresh flowers for the ceremony. The bridal bouquet and eight bridesmaid bouquets were beautifully made and the floral arranements she placed on the rented columns added the... Read More perfect frame for the bride and groom. Meeting with Gail to plan and order flowers for my daughter's wedding was a delight and so easy. After just one meeting she provided the most elegant flowers to match the wedding and bride's wishes. You can't go wrong by choosing Gail VanderLaan, Florist!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Margaret G

Gail Vander Laan's creativity is unsurpassed. The beautiful arrangements and bouquets she designed for my son's outdoor wedding in Yosemite National Park included some rare blooms that brought beauty, color, and elegance to the spectacular setting. If she is available for your... Read More wedding date, hire her!

Gail is Fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Tara Y

I've seen Gail do a few weddings in my family and we've gone back to her every single time. She did the bouquets, cake flowers, corsages, boutonnieres, pew bows and the altar flowers for my wedding. She is so sweet and she does an absolutely amazing job. She works with you on... Read More colors, flower types and on price, so if you have a budget, she'll make it work. Thanks so much for helping make our day so beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

GVL knocked it out of the park for my February wedding. Gail was personable, accessible, and honest. I could not have loved my wedding flowers more. She took my (I'm sure) scatter-brained explanation of what I wanted and made our arrangements look plush, modern, and elegant. And... Read More it wasn't just our flowers, I wanted a candlelit reception and seeing the faces of our guests as they walked into the room was magical. The tables arrangements as a whole were breathtaking and everything I had dreamt of. Outside of her talent, Gail made me feel so at ease about my day and I knew that I could trust her and the execution. I would recommend GVL to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Nicki P

Gail did a AMAZING job with the flowers for our wedding ceremony and reception centerpieces. They were absolutely beautiful and I received a ton of compliments on them. I would definitely recommend Gail!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Emily C

Gail was awesome to work with! She listened to my ideas and took them far beyond my expectations! She's affordable, does beautiful work, and is very friendly. We recommend her to everyone we know! She is definitely one decision you won't regret making!

An event to remember!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

Our daughter's wedding was held at the Amway Grand Plaza in August. Her ceremony was in the Pantlind Room and her reception was in the Ambassador Ballroom. We knew we would need something special for both of these but also had a budget in mind. After meeting with several... Read More vendors we chose Gail. My daughter had a very rough idea of what she wanted but not enough to give exact direction. Gail's expertise and creativity provided the vision to transform her wedding into an event to remember! She met with us on several occasions once we finalized colors for the girls. She also brought in fresh arrangements at the rendering so we could see what we liked best. Gail kept our budget in mind with recommending flowers which were in season to give us the impact we wanted while keeping within our budget. I would highly recommend Gail to anyone planning an event. She is so easy to work with and provides the most value for your money without sacrificing the quality of the design. Our guests said this was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended! A special "thank you" to Gail for making this day so special for us!!!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

Gail knocked it out of the ballpark with her stunning bouquets, centerpieces and ceremony flowers.

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Amy T

Gail was amazing to work with! I already had an idea of what I wanted our flowers to look like, and only had to explain them once to her, and they were PERFECT on the day of the wedding. She also transported the flower arrangements from the ceremony to the reception and did... Read More all of the clean-up at the end of the night so we didn't have to worry about a thing. One thing that I really appreciated was that she was always quick to reply to my emails (which were usually requests for changes) which put my mind at east throughout the stressful planning process! I would definitely recommend Gail to all current and future brides!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Anna A

Gail was so nice to work with and did a wonderful job on our wedding flowers! She really understood my vision and helped to offer suggestions. Thank you for making our wedding day so beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Sarah

My husband and I cannot express the gratitude we feel towards GVL Floral. We had a vision for our wedding and she was able to execute that vision flawlessly! Gail also offered two consultations, which during we felt well cared for (very knowledgable about different species of... Read More flower)! Without hesitation, would hire her for other events!