Cuisine

Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Italian, BBQ, Seafood

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Nut Free, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

Michigan and Northern Ohio (248) 960-9100

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Teresa M

Could not have been happier with the customer service or the food. Everything was delicious and extremely fresh. The wait staff was excellent and friendly. The wedding guests were raving about the food all night and even to this day. We had an outdoor wedding so we had a grill... Read More chef come to our location. It was a great time for everyone. They are so reasonably priced and you get a lot of food! I would without a doubt use them again. Very prompt to answering questions, everything was seamless.

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Kabpa X

Gary's has catered at a few parties of my husband's work and we are big fans of their beef tenderloin au jus, so we knew right away who we wanted to cater for our wedding. Sheri Olson is wonderful to work with. Our guests raved about the cocktail appetizers and the food... Read More overall!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Melissa M

We used Gary's for our wedding this past weekend. The food is phenomenal! Guests loved the potatoes, chicken in basil sauce, and the beef with mushroom marsala. The staff at my wedding were great! One of staff members helped my wife through the buffet line and carried her plate... Read More to her table so she wouldn't get anything on her dress. That was so nice! They were absolutely flawless! Will definitely use them again for our catering needs!

Reviewed on 8/09/2015

My wife and I used Gary’s Catering for our wedding reception, and it was a great choice. Chef Joe and Sheri (the event coordinator) were a pleasure to work with. Sheri was very easy to get a hold of, and flexible to work with over the whole process. The food was fantastic, and... Read More they got everything done in a very timely and organized manner. All of the entrees were great, but you *must* get the sweet potatoes with the pecans in them as a side. Finally, wedding catering can get extremely expensive, buy Gary’s provides a great price point. We ended up paying a fraction of the price other places quoted us, and honestly I can’t imagine the food being any better somewhere else.

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Stephanie P

Our guests are STILL talking about our food. Everyone we have spoken with has said we had the best wedding food they've ever had. Everyone is asking who our caterer was and we are proud to tell them. Our menu was the basil cream chicken breast, beef marsala, jumbo cheese ravioli... Read More with spinach artichoke & feta on the side, french cut green bean almandine, rosemary roasted potatoes, class tossed salad with assorted dressings along with rolls. Honestly, hands down the best meal I've ever had catered! Would book Gary's again in a heart beat. Wonderful company & staff to work with as well!

catering

Reviewed on 8/16/2014 Sharonrose S

Gary's Catering did an amazing job. They grilled on site and their food was delicious!

The Food Was Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/08/2014 Sara A

I want to start off by saying the food was absolutely awesome and all of our wedding guests raved about it. There, sadly, were a couple of issues that occurred, but Sheri did a great job of working with us after the fact and compensating us for what happened. We had a... Read More backyard BBQ wedding, and we were very pleased with the quality of the food and how helpful Sheri was with setting everything up and helping us figure out what we needed. I changed the order a few times in the year between signing the contract and the wedding, but Sheri had no problem switching things around. The problem was, I feel like we ended up getting the "B squad". I understand it, because they had so many events that day (June 21st) and we had a small wedding (75 guests) but because I ordered so far in advance I didn't expect that. The people who came showed up 45 minutes late in a rental truck (though I know the company has a ton of branded trucks) and ran into the best man's car while trying to back into the drive way. They weren't clothed correctly or very professional, and they had an extra person who was "a friend" just hanging around for no reason. I truly think all of this was something that doesn't normally happen with the company. Sheri was very upset with all the things we told her and wanted to make everything as right as she possibly could. I really think we just so happened to have had a small event on a day that too many other people had big events on, and we sort of got the short end of the stick. That doesn't make it totally ok, but ultimately all of our guests were VERY pleased with everything, and I don't even think anyone notice any unprofessionalism (we had a pretty laid back casual wedding). I even had a guest ask for the number because her son is getting married next summer. I happily gave it to her. I only wrote about the bad things that happened for transparency, but none of those things ruined our day, just didn't quite meet expectations. I truly give them 4 stars and would recommend them.

Wedding reception services

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Rachael S

Everything was delicious and they really tried to make sure everything went smoothly. Even when some issues came up the staff addressed those issues immediately.

Great food!

Reviewed on 6/24/2013 Alison D

They provided great food and great service!

Awesome Food and Amazing People to work with

Reviewed on 4/29/2013 Lindsay W

We had so many compliments on the food! We ended up doing a cookout bbq for our wedding reception and it was perfect. There was LOTS of food and options for vegetarians which I really appreciated. Sheri was fabulous to work with too, she quickly responded to any questions I had... Read More and made the whole situation easy. I would STRONGLY recommend them and totally plan on using them again for the future.

Food

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Mary W

We used Gary's Catering for our reception, and could not have been more pleased with our service! It was an excellent experience from beginning to end. Sheri was great in helping us get everything planned, and they offer a HUGE variety of food, bar, and price-range options.... Read More The staff who worked at our reception were impeccable...extremely professional and courteous, and the food was fabulous! It's been a few weeks since our wedding, and I am still receiving compliments on how delicious everything was! I am looking forward to hosting another large party, so I can hire them again! I highly recommend Gary's Catering to anyone for a wedding reception, or any other catered event!

Great food for an amazing price!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Emily S

My mom found many wonderfully reviews for Gary's and they were all true! The food was wonderful, with plenty to choose from! I definitely recommend them!

Honest, helpful, and delicious!

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 sarah m

The service was excellent. The food was delicious. Chef Joe suggested that we buy our own liquor, pop, water, juice, etc for the bar instead of using their services because it would be cheaper for us. It was a lot more work but we ended up saving close to $1,000. They provide a... Read More list of suggested items based on the type and size of your crowd. We were allowed to taste the food prior to the event. They packaged up our leftovers and we were able to pass them on to relatives. My only complaint was that while they also did our linens, they forgot one. We had to wait for about 45 minutes while a guy brought one to us.

awesome food

Reviewed on 9/11/2012 Kelly R

If anyone needs a caterer book them they have wonderful food

June Wedding

Reviewed on 7/05/2012 Danielle K

Gary's recently catered our June wedding at Cobblestone Farms - awesome awesome awesome! Sheri helped me plan and there is no way I could have done it without her! The food was amazing and everyone loved it. We did a bbq and I think the fact that it wasn't "just more wedding... Read More food" shocked our guests and the guys who showed up to grill! I came out in my wedding dress and one of the chefs was very surprised! Great food, service was not as good as expected but Sheri in the office took care of us!

Great Food! Excellent Service!

Reviewed on 4/02/2012 Kristine C

The food was EXCELLENT!!! Thank you so much Chef Joe! Everyone at the wedding loved the food. The service was great as well. The staff was so helpful, friendly, and accomodating to all of our guests. We had 2 months to plan our wedding. Gary's Catering helped us choose the... Read More right menu for our taste and budget. My husband and I love the fact that they answered questions promptly. They gave us excellent suggestions. Chef Joe and Sheri are wonderful people. They made our special day so memorable.

Delicious and Professional!

Reviewed on 12/04/2011 Melanie D

We had a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic. We decided to have a reception/party for guests that didn't make the trip to the D.R. We used Gary's Catering to cater, provide linens, and bartend. The planning process was easy; Gary's Catering was very helpful. The food... Read More was delicious! The staff was professional and efficient in keeping all 200 guests happy :) The bartenders did a great job! All together, it was a success! I definitely recommend using Gary's Catering.

Awesome food!

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Rachael S

Gary's catering was a great choice! They are so friendly, accommodating, and easy to work with. They catered to whatever I wanted to change with the menu and the food tasted great! Everyone keeps talking about it the food!

Prices are good

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Krista M

Their prices are pretty good. We never got around to a taste testing because we eloped. In our initial meeting the gentlemen we met with told us if we didn't like his food he would give us a full refund of our deposit because he didn't need to keep our money if we were not... Read More going to use them well when we called to cancel they kept 25% of our deposit and said they say that as a way to reel people in basically. In the contract it does say they will keep the 25% if the event is cancelled so I don't really blame them for that...I just didn't care for the way things were handled. Besides that they were easy to work with and prices were good.

Amazing food! and Service!

Reviewed on 8/08/2011 Kellie G

The staff at Gary's were amazing. No matter what we wanted to change or needed, they made it happen. They found us chair covers at affordable prices and linens. To top if off, the day of the wedding, the food was absolutely amazing. Everyone tells us it was the best wedding food... Read More they've ever had - we are so very thankful!!!