Deal Directly with the Printer

The most elaborate bridal showroom in the South - specializing in wedding invitations, napkins, cups, second line handkerchiefs, koozies and more. We also carry the largest selection of accessories, including: umbrellas, garters, cake pulls, glasses, guest books, etc. Established 1918. One Day Service.

Guest Books, Printing

1904 Veterans Blvd, Metairie, LA

Efficient and Helpful

Reviewed on 12/09/2013 Rachel M

We used GEM for our invitations, our thank you cards, our gifts for the groomsmen and our 2nd line hankies. They were very easy to work with and definitely the best value that we found in New Orleans.

Customized Printing

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Meghan K

For something that is immediately thrown away or lost, I didn't want to spend a lot of money on my invitations and Gem satisfied that need. They were quick and on top of the whole production of selecting my invite, wording and printing. I even had them help me design a... Read More customized monogram that was done in a matter of a day. Would highly recommend them for low cost invitations.

Quality invitations and wonderful customer service

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Katie A

After visiting several stationery stores, my mom brought me to GEM. They designed my parents' wedding invitations 36 years ago, and it's no wonder they are still in business today. The salesperson sat down with us for several hours to get a good understanding of the style we... Read More were looking for. She then showed us a uniquely designed custom invitation and instructed us on how to get a similar look for less by altering one of the designs in their pre-fab books. I was so pleased with the service that I ended up ordering my invitations, shower thank you notes, wedding thank you notes, engraved cake knives and personalized cake napkins from the store. All of these items were done beautifully in a very short period of time. In addition, the cost was far less than the quotes I was given at all of the other stores. I have received countless complements on the elegant simplicity of my invitations. GEM is the place to go for quality products, caring customer service and unrivaled prices.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 mel m

We went to get bridal shower invitations for my sister. They have a huge selection! I had no idea that they not only carry wedding invitations, but also for showers, birthdays, Christmas, really all occasions. The staff is super friendly and really willing to work within your... Read More budget. I love this place!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

By far the best around! I got my wedding invitations and wedding accessories like flower girl gift, ring bearer gift, bubbles and bells with personalized ribbon with our names and wedding date. They have so many choices and are the most attentive wonderful staff who won't steer... Read More you wrong and make sure everything is exactly how you want it and how it should be. I loved my experience with Gems and I wouldn't go anywhere else. They far exceeded my expectations!! LOVE LOVE LOVE Gems printing!

Pretty Invitations

Reviewed on 5/08/2015 Jourdana P

There is no doubt that my invitations were absolutely gorgeous; I had numerous compliments on them from my guests. However, the customer service at Gem was lacking. When I went to get my stationary for thank you cards, it was like I had to make a decision now and this is it. The... Read More gentleman helping me did not want to spend time helping me find what I needed. Then I was told they couldn't create the thank you cards I wanted with the monogramm from my invitations that THEY made. I went to Scriptura for my programs because Gem DOES NOT do programs. Scriptura took a picture of my monogramm and made the EXACT SAME ONE on my programs for me. I have no idea why Gem couldn't do that for my thank you cards. As I mentioned, my invitations were gorgeous, and the price was affordable, but they are not a complete one-stop-shop.

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Kim K

I ordered my wedding invitations and thank-you notes from Gem's. They were very nice to work with and had a fast processing time. My invitation had a custom monogram at the top and I like that they sent me proofs, with corrections as needed before sending the final draft to the... Read More printer. I received many compliments on my invitations and the prices were great! Highly recommended!

Great Value, Price, Etc.

Reviewed on 2/18/2015 Lindsey H

Gem Printing was great with everything. Family owned business and you can tell they take great pride in their service. We got our wedding invitations from here and could not have been happier. They were pretty reasonable with prices and did not make you feel bad if you were on a... Read More budget, which I found that other places around town were like that. If they were busy on the phone, they would answer emails with all my questions in seconds. I will certainly be back for other stuff in the future.

Great service, products & selections!

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Lindsey R

Honestly, their institutional knowledge of the printing business made this a no-brainer for me. They have thousands of pieces to choose from - inexpensive to pricey, but they are all gorgeous. You will not go wrong, and you can easily find something you suit your budget.

Great Service

Reviewed on 12/06/2014 Mary-Lynn B

I have used Gem's before so I knew where I was going for my wedding stationary!! All the staff are very helpful. Gem's is very reasonable in price. Gem's is a one stop shop for majority of your wedding needs!!

Don't go there!

Reviewed on 9/20/2014 Ashley G

Gems was awful! We ordered our save the dates from Gems and was told they would arrive in 14-18 days. On day 20 I called, and it turns out that they put a picture of a Chinese symbol where the picture of us was supposed to go. I did not receive an apology and was just told that... Read More the new ones would come in in about a week. A week later, I got a call from the manager informing me that the save the dates came in but AGAIN they came in with the Chinese symbol. It was incredibly frustrating! When we went to finally pick them up, the manager was not at all apologetic. He said "accidents happen here all the time and it is what it is." While I understand that accidents happen, it happened twice, no one bothered to call me when it happened the first time to let me know they would be delayed, and we never once received an apology. DON'T GO THERE!

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Erica G

Gem was where my mother had her invitations printed and even where my grandmother had hers printed. Some people working there are really nice and helpful, others not so much. My invitations were beautiful but they really aggravated me by not letting me choose the font size or... Read More monogram size then charging me when I asked to make them larger. It seems that they find ways to make some extra cash and it really is just annoying especially when you are already paying for an entire wedding.

Quick, but very traditional advice

Reviewed on 7/06/2014 Katie K

Gem Printing was very helpful every time we went in. They have TONS of options to choose from. I choose from their in-house selections and my invitations were complete and ready for pick up within days. They have does this for a very long time and are very willing to give... Read More advice, just be aware that their advice comes from a very traditional idea of wedding invitations and wording.

Great Value

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Kristen J

We got our invitations and cake knives here. We had our knives engraved also. Our entire order was ready within a week and all at a very affordable price!

Reviewed on 4/22/2014 Brandi H

Great customer service and fast service. With all of the books to pick from, they have a huge variety of options. I ordered out of one of the books and the employee we were working with was very patient and helpful, during the whole process. I would definitely use them again.

So Many choices

Reviewed on 6/24/2013 Earline L

Gem has been in business so long that they make it easy for you to get exactly what you what -

Pushy service

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Shasta P

We went to GEM because they had such a family presence, but we were very disappointed. We went way before we needed to send the invites, and they told us the ones we wanted only took 10-14 days (I think...it's been a while) so we should COME BACK in a month to order them. So... Read More we come back in a month and they neglected to tell us that if we wanted colored or embroidered font and printed envelopes it would take much longer. By then we didn't have that time, but we would have it they hadn't sent us away the first time. We ended up finding another alternative that worked out fine. So we asked if they had matching programs. They don't do programs at all. Why not? They print announcements and invitations that are the same shape and size of programs. They even sell napkins and matchbooks. They did, however, offer to sell us the paper (not matching, just any paper). The lady also argued with me because I wanted to mention on the invitation that it was a Catholic wedding so my Texas family would be prepared to sit for that long. She said "people don't state that it is Catholic. It's understood" despite my explanations. I finally told her I don't care what "people" do. This was MY (our) wedding. I invitations I received we very nice...hence at least 2 stars. But this is not a one stop shop for wedding needs, and keep in mind that every little thing tacks on more time.

Reviewed on 5/01/2013 Erica P

My invititations came out exacally like I wanted. They were able to take two styles on two different invitations and merge them to make the perfect invitation!

Great Service and Low Cost

Reviewed on 3/27/2013 Rebecca L

Great service with one-day printing available at great prices. Has many other wedding related items as well as invitations.

Loved my Invites!

Reviewed on 3/14/2013 ashley v

They have an overwhelming collection, but it is family owned and they all know their inventory. We walked in, told her what we wanted, and she walked us though the whole process. We picked out our invitations in an hour! They were beautiful! Classy, traditional, and a great... Read More price. We were so happy, we went back and got napkins, cozies, and my thank you notes (to match my invites), and pencils (a joke from my dad to my CPA husband), my cake knife, and my guest book. It was a one stop shop!

Reviewed on 1/31/2013 Kellie A

I had no idea where to even begin with our wedding invitations, so I went into Gem's after hearing a friend talk about them at work just to browse. I ended up walking out that day with my invitations ordered! They were so helpful and patient, and the prices can't be beat. We... Read More have gotten so many compliments on our invitations and the presentation, even with the simple design and colors. They were also very quick to have the invitations printed. I told them I was not in any rush to get them, since the wedding was so far away, but they still had them ready for me within a week! Our invitations turned our beautiful. I would highly recommend them to everyone!

Amazing service and quality

Reviewed on 12/31/2012 lauren t

I have never found a better service than this. We did rehearsals, invitations, announcements, and thank yous. Amazing quality for an even more amazing price. Service was wonderful.

Good work

Reviewed on 12/20/2012 Tonilyn A

I had just an okay experience with GEM. My invitations were beautiful and came in timely. However when I was there I kept getting different answers to the same question. I do have to say they have the biggest selection and a good price.

Wedding Invitations

Reviewed on 11/21/2012 Heather E

My mom and dad used GEM for their invitation when they were married in '78. This is what led me to try them out. The people were very friendly and easy to work with. GEM has a quick turn-around, can be 24 hrs for the majority of their printing. I also bought my garter and... Read More toasting glasses here. I prices are very reasonable and they have tons of choices!

Great Service!

Reviewed on 9/11/2012 Amanda M

Orders come in fast. Millions to choose from!!!